PDA

View Full Version : Football ESPN readying "hit piece" on the Pats dynasty

Pages : [1] 2

Hammock Parties
01-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Oh my.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The article claims that the rift is so severe many Patriots feel this is the last year together for the trio. Also that Brady went to Kraft to force Belichick to trade Jimmy G. ESPN is planning a full day of promotion tomorrow for the article and its author <a href="https://twitter.com/SethWickersham?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SethWickersham</a></p>&mdash; Bruce Allen (@bruceallen) <a href="https://twitter.com/bruceallen/status/949069691691130880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pablo
01-04-2018, 06:20 PM
If this dynasty ends this year I'll believe there is a God.

The Franchise
01-04-2018, 06:21 PM

This.

O.city
01-04-2018, 06:21 PM
Middlekauf called it a month ago

Kman34
01-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Fake News....

SAUTO
01-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Im telling you guys Bill is leaving.

Giants I think

eDave
01-04-2018, 06:23 PM
Isn't this old news? Amnorix broke this I think.

O.city
01-04-2018, 06:23 PM

Giants I think

What makes you say this?

bigjosh
01-04-2018, 06:24 PM

Giants I think

I hope so.

He will fail elsewhere, unless he goes to San Fran with Jimmy G.

Hammock Parties

Giants I think

LOL

Bill fucking the Pats by trading their future QB on his way out.

ROFLROFLROFL

Red Dawg
That would be glorious.

eDave
What makes you say this?

He wants to win without Brady so he can say it was all him, not Brady.

This story is kinda shocking and the hint of it was the Grap trade. Now NE has to languish with a rapidly aging QB and a new coach.

It's the fall of Rome.

SAUTO
What makes you say this?

Just a feeling. :hmmm::D

KChiefs1
01-04-2018, 06:25 PM

If the Chiefs ended it, that would be so sweet

SAUTO
01-04-2018, 06:25 PM
LOL

Bill fucking the Pats by trading their future QB on his way out.

ROFLROFLROFL

Grapp, and Brissett... both

O.city
01-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Just a feeling. :hmmm::D

Like a few years ago rams leaving feeling or something else

Pablo
01-04-2018, 06:27 PM
If the Chiefs ended it, that would be so sweetYes. This would be very, very nice.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2018, 06:27 PM
Yes. This would be very, very nice.

The first team to beat Brady at home twice in one season... :hmmm:

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2018, 06:28 PM

Giants I think

I figured Stan would have made a run at him. But it looks like he hit a grand slam hire.

Rams Fan
01-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Belichick leaves to return to Cleveland to bring balance to the force.

SAUTO
01-04-2018, 06:31 PM
Like a few years ago rams leaving feeling or something else

:D I think cowherd has a theory that was recommended as a listen.

But yeah, same kind of feeling

Coach
Not a single fuck was given by truly yours.

Rain Man

I remember when they ended Brady's career a few years ago. It was great.

eDave
Belichick leaves to return to Cleveland to bring balance to the force.

San Francisco w/Grap.

CoMoChief
01-04-2018, 06:32 PM
Dont care.

Fuck that team.

What they've been able to do the last 17yrs is very impressive, especially in today's modern game w/ the salary cap/CBA etc...

All 3 of them deserve credit. Kraft is a good owner, but he looks like a genius because of what BB and Brady have been able to do. Kraft just signs the checks but also understood both Brady and BB needed to stick together.

BB wasn't shit as a HC pre-Brady. Just ask any CLE fan. But he's been a defensive mastermind for a long time. We all know about LT's Giants D w/ Parcells etc. One thing BB has been able to do is field a competitve defense. Pats show up on D in the postseason, and that benefits Brady more than anything. It's a big reason why they're so tough to beat at home. There have been yrs where the D struggled in reg season but they've clamped down when they had to. BB is a great coach. Sometimes great coaches don't pan out at certain jobs for x number of reasons.

It takes luck/good fortune, sometimes stars have to align a certain way, sometimes great coaching and execution is enough to win, sometimes you can get away w/ cheating, sometimes the refs help you win, and sometimes WR's make great catches in clutch situations and send your ass home. Sometimes things end up working out. Brady was a 6th rd pick who looked like a 15yr old and ended up playing good enough when it mattered the most.

And sometimes Arrowhead Stadium is built over a sacred ancient Indian burial site.

SAUTO
01-04-2018, 06:33 PM
I figured Stan would have made a run at him. But it looks like he hit a grand slam hire.

I've thought he might end up there for a while. They've got their guy at this point.

I think giants

O.city
01-04-2018, 06:34 PM
:D I think cowherd has a theory that was recommended as a listen.

But yeah, same kind of feeling

Gotcha

Hope he leaves. Would be noce if the chiefs ended it

Rams Fan
01-04-2018, 06:35 PM
BB wasn't shit as a HC pre-Brady. Just ask any CLE fan.

That simply isn't true.

Garcia Bronco
01-04-2018, 06:36 PM
If we're going to give credit to somebody or the most credit then it goes to Tom Brady.

Garcia Bronco
01-04-2018, 06:36 PM
That simply isn't true.

His teams did not perform anywhere close to the level that the Patriots have performed at.

The Franchise
01-04-2018, 06:38 PM
San Francisco w/Grap.

Why would the 49ers fire Shanahan??

Rams Fan
01-04-2018, 06:38 PM
His teams did not perform anywhere close to the level that the Patriots have performed at.

I'm not disagreeing with that. But to act as if his tenure in Cleveland was Gus Bradley, Steve Spagnuolo, or Hue Jackson bad is hyperbole.

BucEyedPea
01-04-2018, 06:39 PM
How many people still watch ESPN—or like it?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7d/28/c1/7d28c1da47ba133e403fd1cb35c8e0b8--patriots-football-football-memes.jpg

pugsnotdrugs19
01-04-2018, 06:42 PM
The Chiefs are going into Foxboro to end the dynasty. It's only right, if you think about it.

Discuss Thrower
01-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Ya know, if the grieved owners who made a fuss about the Rodgers IR fuckery actually held Goodell to the rules, Rodgers and Brady being potentially available as well as other guys like Smith, Cousins and McCarron could competitively realign the league in just one season..

RunKC
01-04-2018, 06:47 PM
This is so fucking perfect. The Patriots dynasty ends and the Patrick Mahomes era begins.

A changing of the guard is coming.

FloridaMan88
01-04-2018, 06:51 PM
The real Patriots hit piece will be when someone finally uncovers that Brady is using PED’s.

Coochie liquor
01-04-2018, 06:58 PM

Please don’t..... you’re giving me an erection!

Sassy Squatch
01-04-2018, 06:59 PM
The real Patriots hit piece will be when someone finally uncovers that Brady is using PED’s.
Nah, its the quack doctor he has.

Rams Fan
01-04-2018, 06:59 PM
The Chiefs are going into Foxboro to end the dynasty. It's only right, if you think about it.

No, the Jets ending the dynasty would be the perfect ending. Not the Chiefs.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-04-2018, 07:01 PM
No, the Jets ending the dynasty would be the perfect ending. Not the Chiefs.

Ehh, not really. They're not going to be in position to do so anytime soon.

The Chiefs were supposed to be the team who ended it in 2014. Then, to start the year they smacked them again in Foxborough. Beat them twice in one year at Foxborough? That's storybook.

Andy Reid finally knocks BB down for the count.

Coochie liquor
01-04-2018, 07:02 PM
If we're going to give credit to somebody or the most credit then it goes to Tom BradyGoodell, cheating, and the refs.
Hard to argue that!

Rams Fan
01-04-2018, 07:03 PM
Ehh, not really. They're not going to be in position to do so anytime soon.

The Chiefs were supposed to be the team who ended it in 2014. Then, to start the year they smacked them again in Foxborough. Beat them twice in one year at Foxborough? That's storybook.

Andy Reid finally knocks BB down for the count.

You make no sense. The Patriots and Chiefs aren't rivals and Brady is still New England's QB after Pollard tore his ACL.

Belichick spurned the Jets to go to the Pats. Then the Jets injured Bledsoe, which made room for Brady to start. Plus Spygate and all that stuff.

The two teams I view as the rivals to the Pats since Belichick's been there are the Colts and Jets. Not the Chiefs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Seth Wickersham is legit, and if it's true, it's not a hit piece, but I wouldn't expect that kind of reasoning from a sports media as provincial and ignorant as Boston's.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-04-2018, 07:07 PM
You make no sense. The Patriots and Chiefs aren't rivals and Brady is still New England's QB after Pollard tore his ACL.

Belichick spurned the Jets to go to the Pats. Then the Jets injured Bledsoe, which made room for Brady to start. Plus Spygate and all that stuff.

The two teams I view as the rivals to the Pats since Belichick's been there are the Colts and Jets. Not the Chiefs.

Yeah, yeah, I know the history. I'm just saying, the Jets don't have a chance in hell of being the team to do it anytime soon. The Chiefs do.

The Chiefs under Andy have been the Evil Empire's Achilles heel. To finish them off in their place would be very fitting, especially after many of their fans are begging for the chance to bring us back to Foxborough. They want to prove that week one was a fluke.

Rams Fan
01-04-2018, 07:09 PM
Yeah, yeah, I know the history. I'm just saying, the Jets don't have a chance in hell of being the team to do it anytime soon. The Chiefs do.

The Chiefs under Andy have been the Evil Empire's Achilles heel. To finish them off in their place would be very fitting, especially after many of their fans are begging for the chance to bring us back to Foxborough. They want to prove that week one was a fluke.

Two regular seasons wins and a playoff loss in New England doesn't scream Achilles heel to me.

You could have argue the Giants with Eli and that would have been a better answer.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-04-2018, 07:13 PM
Two regular seasons wins and a playoff loss in New England doesn't scream Achilles heel to me.

You could have argue the Giants with Eli and that would have been a better answer.

The two regular season wins weren't ordinary. They got whacked both times, and were supposed to be dead after the first time. Then, the game this year happens, and all of their fans said 'see ya back here in January'... they think they will prove it to be a fluke. They might.

The Giants, like the Jets, have no chance to be the team to do it. They're irrelevant to the conversation.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-04-2018, 07:17 PM

I hate them with the passion of a thousand suns, but if any team has been an Achilles heel for Brady it is the Broncos. He is 7-9 all time against them. The only team he has a losing record against.

Mennonite
01-04-2018, 07:19 PM
Cheating fucks.

Rams Fan
01-04-2018, 07:20 PM
The two regular season wins weren't ordinary. They got whacked both times, and were supposed to be dead after the first time. Then, the game this year happens, and all of their fans said 'see ya back here in January'... they think they will prove it to be a fluke. They might.

The Giants, like the Jets, have no chance to be the team to do it. They're irrelevant to the conversation.

Again, two regular season games do not mean anything.

I hate them with the passion of a thousand suns, but if any team has been an Achilles heel for Brady it is the Broncos. He is 7-9 all time against them. The only team he doesnt have at least a .500 record against.

I was going to post the Broncos and I am aware that playing in Denver is Belichick's waterloo. But I figured that their more recent success vs New England was in part due to Manning.

I know McFistPump beat him in '09 with Orton and went crazy.

Bewbies
01-04-2018, 07:23 PM
This would pair with that video of Colin Cowherd a few weeks ago. I'll go see if I can track it down.

BlackOp
01-04-2018, 07:25 PM
Oh my.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The article claims that the rift is so severe many Patriots feel this is the last year together for the trio. Also that Brady went to Kraft to force Belichick to trade Jimmy G. ESPN is planning a full day of promotion tomorrow for the article and its author <a href="https://twitter.com/SethWickersham?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SethWickersham</a></p>&mdash; Bruce Allen (@bruceallen) <a href="https://twitter.com/bruceallen/status/949069691691130880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A Patriot hit piece the week of the divisional round...interesting timing. *chuckles

Hammock Parties
01-04-2018, 07:25 PM
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74470

The idea that ESPN has some inside track to such information is laughable in the extreme.

This is pure fantasy by a network that is really on the outs in NE, other than maybe Mike Reiss. If anything this is an active attempt to undermine the Patriots success out of malice.

ESPN gets less breaking news right than CNN.

Rams Fan
01-04-2018, 07:27 PM
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74470

This is how I would respond to that post:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9h2w3kcKo3A" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bewbies
01-04-2018, 07:28 PM
Here's a link that has the video. I'm not going hunt it down for hours, but this is the one posted here a few weeks back.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/Colin-Cowherds-theory-about-Jimmy-Garoppolo-Jacoby-Brissett-trades-from-the-New-England-Patriots-112622724

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Why would the 49ers fire Shanahan??

They won't.

He just won 5 games in a row with Garappolo. He signed a six year deal to begin the season, they have a massive draft haul ahead plus $100 million in cap space.

San Fran will challenge the Rams for the NFC West crown next year and it'll be a surprise if they don't advance in the playoffs.

They're going to be a very good team for a very long time.

gblowfish
01-04-2018, 07:39 PM
That would be so epic if Hoodie went back to the Giants.

Red Dawg
01-04-2018, 07:41 PM
Let's hope the NFL is tired of them this go around. Make them play the refs for a change.

BlackOp
01-04-2018, 07:44 PM
Let's hope the NFL is tired of them this go around. Make them play the refs for a change.

The NFL doesn't want the Patriots in back-to-back SBs...

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-04-2018, 07:47 PM
Great franchise. Wanted them to go 19-0

Garcia Bronco
01-04-2018, 07:57 PM

The donks are the Patriot Killers, not you.

tk13
01-04-2018, 08:01 PM
This is all fun and games until Elway changes course and throws Joseph off a mountain and hires Belichick.

tk13
01-04-2018, 08:11 PM
Seth Wickersham is legit, and if it's true, it's not a hit piece, but I wouldn't expect that kind of reasoning from a sports media as provincial and ignorant as Boston's.

Patriots fans are about as defensive as it gets, especially since Deflategate... but there's no denying that the team has had a strange year. They traded away two QBs who have looked pretty solid so far, even though they have a 40 year old QB. Then the Alex Guerrero thing. For a team that usually runs a pretty well oiled ship it's all pretty strange.

Sassy Squatch
01-04-2018, 08:14 PM
This is all fun and games until Elway changes course and throws Joseph off a mountain and hires Belichick.
I swear to fucking god....

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2018, 08:15 PM
They will win 2 more titles together. It's bullshit.

Jerm
01-04-2018, 08:27 PM
The Jimmy G trade never made sense...it does make you wonder...

Red Dawg
01-04-2018, 08:28 PM
What happened was months ago. It has not affected anything for them and won't now.

Red Dawg
01-04-2018, 08:30 PM

I hope he does. Bill without Brady won't work. Bills rules and all his bullshit only work when a team wins. That is what Brady does for him.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-04-2018, 08:33 PM

Again, I'm talking strictly about relevant teams.

The Broncos are not that.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2018, 08:35 PM
What happened was months ago. It has not affected anything for them and won't now.

This. ZERO chance Bill leaves

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2018, 08:37 PM
ESPN hates that Kraft, Bill and Brady are Trump supporters.

AssEaterChief
01-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Too good to be true

BlackOp
01-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Patriots fans are about as defensive as it gets, especially since Deflategate... but there's no denying that the team has had a strange year. They traded away two QBs who have looked pretty solid so far, even though they have a 40 year old QB. Then the Alex Guerrero thing. For a team that usually runs a pretty well oiled ship it's all pretty strange.

I stand by what I said when it happened...Shanahan threw the SB and allowed the NFL to complete the "Brady revenge tour" narrative. It was set-up with the TMZ-style courtroom drama...kept people engaged during the off-season. It ended with the biggest comeback in SB history...

He was compensated with a HC gig and a NE QB.....

Who trades both QBs when you have a 40 year-old starter..especially someone as pragmatic as Belichick. He contingency plans every situation...

The rat smell is strong on this one...

wazu
01-04-2018, 08:52 PM
The Jimmy G trade never made sense...it does make you wonder...

It was a bad decision long-term, but if they looked at it and decided Brady could play another 2-3 years at a championship level, and they saw an opportunity to put Jimmy G far away in the NFC rather than watch him sign with the Jets...

KC_Connection
01-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Has been obvious that Belichick and Brady haven't liked each other for years. Don't see either one departing from NE, though. Both probably think they can out wait the other.

AssEaterChief
01-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Has been obvious that Belichick and Brady haven't liked each other for years. Don't see either one departing from NE, though. Both probably think they can out wait the other.

What have you seen specifically that makes you think that??

Chief Northman
01-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Manufactured drama so they can have a story for when they win it all again.

“They overcame their differences in the pursuit of a common goal”

Tired of this shit. Aim for Brady’s knees - that could end the bullshit.

Titty Meat
01-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Fire Andy hire Bill

JakeF
01-04-2018, 09:19 PM
ESPN hates that Kraft, Bill and Brady are Trump supporters.Talk about a reach

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-04-2018, 09:49 PM
I think they got a visual of Mahomes and decided it's best right now to get out.

frozenchief
01-04-2018, 09:52 PM
If Kraft listened to Brady he deserves what he gets. Trading away the future QB because of a request by a 40 year old lion in winter is a horrible decision. But it explains why the trade was made because you know Bill would have traded Tom and kept Jimmy G.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-04-2018, 09:56 PM
If Kraft listened to Brady he deserves what he gets. Trading away the future QB because of a request by a 40 year old lion in winter is a horrible decision. But it explains why the trade was made because you know Bill would have traded Tom and kept Jimmy G.

I'm not in the know but I'm thinking Garappolo requested a trade because he wanted to be a starter and not sit behind the Golden boy another 3 years. Makes the most sense.

highBOLTage
01-04-2018, 09:56 PM

After being told no to Jimmy, BB laughed at him when Lynch tried to trade for Brady.

highBOLTage
01-04-2018, 10:01 PM
I'm not in the know but I'm thinking Garappolo requested a trade because he wanted to be a starter and not sit behind the Golden boy another 3 years. Makes the most sense.

Or the pats didn't want to gamble with franchise and trade scenario or alternatively pay a backup QB 15-20M the next couple of years.

frozenchief
01-04-2018, 10:01 PM

Maybe but the Patriot pattern has always been to cut someone even when they look their best. That player might have another good year, possibly two, but most players decline after getting cut by the Pats.

They should have kept both through the season and then Kraft sits down with Brady and tells him to retire on a high note and not with everyone remarking that he has no arm strength, a la Manning, And offer him a front office job. Then they start next year with Garropolo. That is far more consistent with their practice since Bill has been there. Brady and Kraft, though, appear to be good friends and that makes such decisions hard.

Chiefspants
01-04-2018, 10:05 PM

The grand majority of NFL owners, execs, and (going by demographics) likely quarterbacks are Trump supporters.

Alex Smith is an exception, though.

BlackOp
01-04-2018, 10:07 PM
Manufactured drama so they can have a story for when they win it all again.

“They overcame their differences in the pursuit of a common goal”

I think it's the exact opposite....it gives them an excuse this season.

JakeF
01-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Whether it was Brady or Garoppolo, the Patriots screwed up their QB situation. You either think Garoppolo is THE guy and you keep him or you don't and you trade him for the most you can get. The Patriots did neither.

They kept him just long enough to pass over the highest price and then rushed the process and got screwed.

Some reporter said the New England didn't want to be mean and send Garoppolo to Cleveland so they took a lower offer from the 49ers. I find that hard to believe.

JakeF
01-04-2018, 10:11 PM
The grand majority of NFL owners, execs, and (going by demographics) likely quarterbacks are Trump supporters.

Alex Smith is an exception, though.
I imagine that owners and execs are, white and rich. I doubt that QBs have any particular political affiliation.

KC_Connection
01-04-2018, 10:15 PM
What have you seen specifically that makes you think that??
Belichick basically threw Brady under the bus during Deflategate. He wanted him to be perceived as a cheater and let him take the fall.

"Tom's personal preferences on his footballs are something he can talk about in much better detail and information than I could possibly provide."

JD10367
01-04-2018, 10:18 PM
When I have to explain the Jimmy G trade I want to punch somebody. It’s pretty damn simple. They kept him because they wanted to see what a 40 year old Brady looked like. He looked good. They couldn’t talk Jimmy into a new contract; he’s tired of waiting and wanted to start. They were NOT going to franchise him and pay him more to hold a clipboard than the GOAT would get to play. They waited as long as possible. No one overwhelmed them with an offer because as the season wore on everyone knew they’d have to let him leave for whatever they could get. Despite Jimmy’s promising attributes, the guy had 6 quarters of play and an injury. They got a 2nd, which is more than they would’ve gotten as compensatory if he walked. End of story.

There’s no rift. No one tells Belichick what to do. If Kraft had given him some sort of ultimatum, Belichick would probably have thrown his employee ID at Kraft and walked out.

lcarus
01-04-2018, 10:26 PM
Well if the dynasty ends this year, I hope the Chiefs are the ones to "end it" by beating them. And what a dynasty it was. Most great teams have a 3-5 year window to win titles. New England has been doing it since 2001. Crazy.

BlackOp
01-04-2018, 10:40 PM
Well if the dynasty ends this year, I hope the Chiefs are the ones to "end it" by beating them.

Having the GOAT QB in his twilight years will only get you so many breaks. NE got their final one in the SB...

Kraft knows it and had to pony up...the refs did what they could to keep them in contention. By my count, they were the beneficiaries of 3 questionable, game deciding calls. They are 10-6 without them...good but not great. The Buffalo call changed momentum in a tight game...so could have been 9-7.

KC is likely 12-4 without the Oakland/Jets officiating...funny how that works.

BleedingRed
01-04-2018, 10:43 PM

Giants I think

If he leave half the league fires their coaches tomorrow

Red Dawg
01-04-2018, 10:44 PM
Kraft has Goodell in his pocket. No team in the NFL could be this successful unless it's rigged. It just isn't possible and Brady is on drugs. 40 years old for God's sake and he doesn't feel it. Bullshit.

Willie Lanier
01-04-2018, 10:48 PM

Good luck with that kiddo...

I sincerely wish you the best of luck in the near future:)

BlackOp
01-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Kraft has Goodell in his pocket. No team in the NFL could be this successful unless it's rigged. It just isn't possible and Brady is on drugs. 40 years old for God's sake and he doesn't feel it. Bullshit.

Kraft was instrumental in ushering in the multi-billion dollar network deal...he walks on water among the owners. Made them 100's of millions (annually) each....I'd like him too. He also increased the value of their investment (team) by two fold.

You couple that with having the face of the NFL as your QB...you get a dynasty...legit or not.

Chief Northman
01-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Kraft was instrumental in ushering in the multi-billion dollar network deal...he walks on water among the owners. Made them 100's of millions (annually) each....I'd like him too. He also increased the value of their investment (team) by two fold.

You couple that with having the face of the NFL as your QB...you get a dynasty...legit or not.

^ This.

It has been in plain sight for a long time too. Don’t forget the Rooney family and Pat Bowlen. Their clout has always allowed their franchises to never be forgotten for long.

RunKC
01-04-2018, 10:57 PM
^ This.

It has been in plain sight for a long time too. Don’t forget the Rooney family and Pat Bowlen. Their clout has always allowed their franchises to never be forgotten for long.

Uh wouldn’t the Chiefs be on this list when Lamar was alive because he started a goddamn conference?

BlackOp
01-04-2018, 11:09 PM
Uh wouldn’t the Chiefs be on this list when Lamar was alive because he started a goddamn conference?

This is just a theory..but I think Lamar must have pissed someone off with real power/influence. It happens among billionaire egos...

Chiefs arent cursed...they are undermined. They have been too good to lose every time by strange occurrences.

Chief Northman
01-04-2018, 11:10 PM

No.

What financial benefit do the Hunt’s bring to the league as a whole in the modern era? Clark is getting some praise for recent involvements in the CBA negotiations and compensation committee dealings, but he is not pioneering anything to keep the golden goose laying golden eggs.

NJChiefsFan
01-04-2018, 11:14 PM

Even still, saying the Chiefs are the Patriots Achilles heal is an exaggeration at best. They came back firing during the regular season after we beat them and the one time it really mattered they beat us.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2018, 11:18 PM

^ This.

This is just a theory..but I think Lamar must have pissed someone off with real power/influence. It happens among billionaire egos...

Chiefs arent cursed...they are undermined. They have been too good to lose every time by strange occurrences.

No.

What financial benefit do the Hunt’s bring to the league as a whole in the modern era? Clark is getting some praise for recent involvements in the CBA negotiations and compensation committee dealings, but he is not pioneering anything to keep the golden goose laying golden eggs.

Dumb fucking morons

BlackOp
01-04-2018, 11:23 PM
Dumb ****ing morons

Brilliant reply...

RunKC
01-04-2018, 11:26 PM
Or maybe the Chiefs didn’t win bc of their dumb fucking philosophy to get mediocre retreads.

ThaVirus
01-04-2018, 11:28 PM
Garroppolo isnt under contract for 2018 is he? Be hilarious, actually not hilarious at all, if he bolted and went right back to NE.

BlackOp
01-04-2018, 11:31 PM
Or maybe the Chiefs didn’t win bc of their dumb ****ing philosophy to get mediocre retreads.

Law of averages...you can't only have "bad luck". Can you think of one single post-season instance where things went KC's way? Key injury, penalty...turnover.

Where are the Chiefs games where the opposing kicker misses 3 FG...or has a team's entire defense go out with injury...or has a 2 point conversion removed by questionable officiating...has the starting QB/RB go down with a concussion.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-04-2018, 11:53 PM
Even still, saying the Chiefs are the Patriots Achilles heal is an exaggeration at best. They came back firing during the regular season after we beat them and the one time it really mattered they beat us.

When I said that KC was their Achilles heel, I was only referring to the teams still in contention, or the AFC playoffs. Because if this is in fact the last ride for the empire, then only those teams have a chance to end it for good.

NJChiefsFan
01-05-2018, 12:06 AM
When I said that KC was their Achilles heel, I was only referring to the teams still in contention, or the AFC playoffs. Because if this is in fact the last ride for the empire, then only those teams have a chance to end it for good.

I see. Well in the AFC I guess that would have to be KC. PIT has the most talent but have struggled in epic fashion against them.

BlackOp
01-05-2018, 12:11 AM
I see. Well in the AFC I guess that would have to be KC. PIT has the most talent but have struggled in epic fashion against them.

HAD the most talent..losing Shazier and Brown is a death blow.

That's two of their best 5 players... Brown isn't coming back from a torn calf in 3 weeks..

The speed of that defense went to shit...Chiefs will stomp them in a rematch.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2018, 12:12 AM

That's two of their best 5 players...

They'll get Brown back. Question is at what %? :hmmm:

NJChiefsFan
01-05-2018, 12:15 AM

That's two of their best 5 players... Brown isn't coming back from a torn calf in 3 weeks..

Yes Brown is a big question to be answered. They do have a lot of depth at WR though.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2018, 12:17 AM
I'm personally hoping for NE in the divisional, PIT in the AFCCG if we are going to have to play both. History suggests that when NE has home field advantage, teams have a better chance of winning there during the divisional round.

BlackOp
01-05-2018, 12:17 AM

I'll bet he doesn't...it's just window dressing.

BlackOp
01-05-2018, 12:19 AM
I'm personally hoping for NE in the divisional, PIT in the AFCCG if we are going to have to play both. History suggests that when NE has home field advantage, teams have a better chance of winning there during the divisional round.

Shit..I'm hoping Bortles goes Bortles...and the Bills beat NE. Home game against Buffalo...:)

If you're gonna dream..might as well make it a good one.

BlackOp
01-05-2018, 12:22 AM
Steelers have barely beaten KC in both games...Chiefs take them if they play again. No Brown...they stack the box...see if a rookie WR can beat them in the bright lights..

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2018, 12:36 AM

Yet they had no problem hiring Rex Ryan, who spoke for Trump at fucking rallies.

:rolleyes:

Shag
01-05-2018, 12:37 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2018, 12:53 AM
Brady is a real cunt:

"But after Garoppolo was knocked out of his second start with a shoulder injury, he set up a visit at TB12. As he later told Patriots staffers, when he arrived, the door was locked. He knocked; nobody was there. He called TB12 trainers but nobody answered. He couldn't believe it, Garoppolo told the staffers, and that night ended up visiting team trainers instead. Guerrero vehemently denies ever refusing to see any player, and Garoppolo was eventually treated at TB12 -- but it was two weeks after he showed up for his original appointment, and only after a high-ranking Patriots staffer called TB12 to inquire why Garoppolo hadn't been admitted."

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2018, 12:58 AM
"And he stood by Brady during Deflategate, even after he backed down and accepted the NFL's penalty. Kraft did so even though many staffers in the building believed there was merit in the allegation, however absurd the case. The team quietly parted ways with both John Jastremski and Jim McNally, the equipment staffers accused of deflating footballs -- they've never spoken publicly -- and Belichick reorganized the equipment staff."

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2018, 01:01 AM
"Belichick, having always subscribed to the philosophy that it's time to go once an owner gets involved in football decisions, left the impression with some friends that the current dynamic was unsustainable.

Brady, though, seemed liberated. Kraft hugged Brady when he saw him that week, in full view of teammates. A few days later during practice, some players and staffers noticed that Brady seemed especially excited, hollering and cajoling. Brady was once again the team's present and future."

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2018, 01:03 AM
Quite a little read it was. Wow.

I honestly wonder if BB had a meeting recently with just McDaniels and Patricia to say basically... 'It's time guys. Take your interviews, and take a job.'....

Because they both seem more interested than ever in leaving NE.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2018, 01:13 AM
Pats fans are going CRAZY over this story. Calling it out for being completely fake all over social media. LMAO

I hate that conceited ****ing fan base so much. The ground starts shaking a little, 'it can't be real!'...

I hope that franchise burns to the ground.

BlackOp
01-05-2018, 01:13 AM
I predicted that Brady would get an injury over the final 4 games...something that would divert them while losing in the play-offs. Now EPSN breaks this story with the divisional round less than 9 days away...have you guys not learned anything from last years courtroom drama?

This is some premeditated, scripted shit...dont be a sucker.

I said months ago that the NFL didn't want NE in the SB again....and THIS is how it's going to go down...locker-room/FO dysfunction.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2018, 01:16 AM
Belichick fired Brady's fitness guru guy weeks ago. Clearly something was going on there. He gave Garoppolo away to SF when he could have gotten much more in a trade last March.

This article is the real deal. He wanted to keep Garoppolo for the future, or he would have never kept him for the first part of this season.

Where there's smoke, there IS fire.

Best22
01-05-2018, 01:19 AM
Law of averages...you can't only have "bad luck". Can you think of one single post-season instance where things went KC's way? Key injury, penalty...turnover.

Where are the Chiefs games where the opposing kicker misses 3 FG...or has a team's entire defense go out with injury...or has a 2 point conversion removed by questionable officiating...has the starting QB/RB go down with a concussion.

1993 playoff run with Montana.

A lot of turnovers in 1991 wildcard round but I think that was simply due to ordinary Raiders/Marinovich implosion

Demonpenz
01-05-2018, 01:23 AM
This all started when that Gal Brady fucks decided to stop throwing up brunch for 5 seconds to tell CNN that Brady has had 10 concussions.

TribalElder
01-05-2018, 01:30 AM
ESPN watch just hyping the Brady trade jimmy g story

BlackOp
01-05-2018, 02:16 AM
"The meeting ended with a clear mandate to Belichick: trade Garoppolo because he would not be in the team's long-term plans, and then, once again, find the best quarterback in the draft and develop him. Belichick was furious and demoralized, according to friends. But in the end, he did what he asks of his players and coaches: He did his job."

Never forget..these coaches do what they are told.

Garrapolo was payment for their last Superbowl...and their was nothing BB could do.

ChiefGator
01-05-2018, 03:21 AM
:: yawn ::

Boring crap. Who cares?

There is very little of substance in the article.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2018, 06:34 AM
"The meeting ended with a clear mandate to Belichick: trade Garoppolo because he would not be in the team's long-term plans, and then, once again, find the best quarterback in the draft and develop him. Belichick was furious and demoralized, according to friends. But in the end, he did what he asks of his players and coaches: He did his job."

Never forget..these coaches do what they are told.

Garrapolo was payment for their last Superbowl...and their was nothing BB could do.

:clap:ROFL

jspchief
01-05-2018, 06:49 AM
Bill can be our D-coord next year

oldman
01-05-2018, 07:23 AM
This story couldn't happen to a better bunch, except the Raiders and Donks. BB is a cheater, is overrated, and an ass. Brady is a cheater and an ass. I'm not going to say anything about Kraft because he keeps a low profile and let's his minions do the dirty work. The Pats have been the darling of the NFL ever since Tommy-boy took the QB job, starting with the Tuck Rule. So if they fall from grace and become just another pedestrian team, so be it.

Hoopsdoc
01-05-2018, 07:27 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

LMAO at the pats fans going nuts in the comments.

Everything in that story actually happened, so it’s not “fake news”. I still don’t think it’s more than they can get through, ego or not. They have a dynasty going there. It would be stupid to break it up prematurely.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-05-2018, 07:39 AM
And Brady is famously unhelpful toward his backups -- or, at least, a threat like Garoppolo. The two quarterbacks were friendly, but Brady -- like Joe Montana to Steve Young and Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers -- didn't see it as his role to advise Garoppolo, even on matters as trivial as footwork, as nobody had helped him during his climb.

Mile High Mania
01-05-2018, 08:01 AM
Meh... I just read it. Seems more like an Enquirer tabloid piece than anything. Big deal. Three big egos co-existing through power plays as they try to win another title.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Belichick fired Brady's fitness guru guy weeks ago. Clearly something was going on there. He gave Garoppolo away to SF when he could have gotten much more in a trade last March.

This article is the real deal. He wanted to keep Garoppolo for the future, or he would have never kept him for the first part of this season.

Where there's smoke, there IS fire.

How this impacts the psyche of the team scares me more than it gives me hope. They have a common goal: to win. How their story is going to be told is what all the bickering seems to be about.

RunKC
01-05-2018, 08:11 AM
The most bullshit term in all of sports is “players love competition.”

No they fucking don’t

Prison Bitch
01-05-2018, 08:11 AM
Hard to care, they're in their 16th year already

Too late for folks to give a shit.

Pablo
01-05-2018, 08:15 AM
Let's just all be thankful that Tom Terrific drove off their future QB and they'll be left scrambling after he blows his fucking knees out in the playoffs.

Chiefnj2
01-05-2018, 08:17 AM
I don't really see a problem in the organization with regard to Brady and Belichick and Garrappolo.

Garrappolo turned down an extension that would pay him 17-18 mil annually. Not much the Pats could do other than trade him for what they could get. They certainly weren't going to cut Brady.

RunKC
01-05-2018, 08:17 AM
And we sure as shit know that this motherfucker is getting paid under the table by Kraft. Brady will be the one associated with the Patriots 10 years from now. It was always going to be him.

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 08:27 AM

Giants I think

Who just hired Gettlemen?

And McDaniels and Patricia are interviewing everywhere?

Seems unlikely tbh.

Mecca
01-05-2018, 08:28 AM
This issue is simple, Garrappolo comes along to early basically. Whether it is smart football or not, it's gonna be impossible to convince Kraft to move on from Brady.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-05-2018, 08:30 AM
So are we all still hoping the Jags win so we go to Gillette?

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 08:31 AM

Neither has any other team in NFL history except the 49ers dynasty.

Nzoner
01-05-2018, 08:32 AM

No we're just hoping to beat the Titans.

ChiefGator
01-05-2018, 08:32 AM
"Friction could put dynasty in jeopardy".

(A) they have a good chance of winning their sixth super bowl together, unless I lost count somewhere. That is an AMAZING dynasty.

(B) Tom Brady's age is more likely to put the dynasty in jeopardy.

So, I guess there has NEVER been any friction between these three people before, and now it is TOTALLY different and everything will fall apart at the seams?

Sounds like wishful (or vendetta ) thinking.

Pablo
01-05-2018, 08:35 AM
A Pat's team plane crash is the hero we all really need to seal this dynasty properly.

ChiefGator
01-05-2018, 08:35 AM

I don't know why honestly... I would rather play any team in the AFC playoffs over the Patriots, including the Steelers.

In58men
01-05-2018, 08:36 AM
Brady tired of BB negativity.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1461160

ChiefGator
01-05-2018, 08:36 AM
A Pat's team plane crash is the hero we all really need to seal this dynasty properly.

You all are tooling off the deep end wishing for stuff like this.. seriously.

Hats off to the Patriots.. may we have as much success.

ChiefGator
01-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Brady tired of BB negativity.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1461160

In 8 years he will be thanking BB for constantly pushing him into being the GOAT as he is inducted into the HOF.

Why has our news degraded so much into tabloid crap and sensationalism.. honestly.

Mecca
01-05-2018, 08:41 AM
In 8 years he will be thanking BB for constantly pushing him into being the GOAT as he is inducted into the HOF.

Why has our news degraded so much into tabloid crap and sensationalism.. honestly.

Because we have 24/7 coverage of everything, there is not enough material to cover that without this type of stuff.

ChiefGator
01-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Because we have 24/7 coverage of everything, there is not enough material to cover that without this type of stuff.

Yep, agreed.

And the increased competition for our precious attention (to push ads on us) with the rise of the internet as well I guess.

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 08:43 AM

Trust me when I say no one in New England views the Chiefs as any kind of rival to the Patriots. We really haven't played them in enough big games, nor have we actually lost any big games to the Chiefs.

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 08:47 AM

?

A meaningless loss early in the Patriots 2014 championship season, and an opening day loss in a 13-3 season that resulted in the Patriots having the #1 seed in the AFC? Being beaten by the Pats in the 2016 playoffs on their way to another SB win?

That's not achilles heel. That's not even funny bone whacked.

I'm not dissing the Chiefs -- the Patriots haven't actually PLAYED them in enough big games for them to even have the opportunity to BE the achilles heel.

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-05-2018, 08:47 AM
Trust me when I say no one in New England views the Chiefs as any kind of rival to the Patriots. We really haven't played them in enough big games, nor have we actually lost any big games to the Chiefs.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c7/c789eee0ae1d19d7b0e4a6de05349717f9032cea7b80943d86e6d9aa00a65140.jpg

Nzoner
01-05-2018, 08:50 AM

I realize game 1 this season wasn't huge but in week 2 I visited Minnesota to hang with Katie from here and we watched the Philly/KC game together at a sports bar wearing our Chiefs gear.

We had at least 3 Vikings fans come up to us and not only congratulate but thank us for the Chiefs week 1 win.

Oh and FWIW if by somehow the teams meet again and KC finds a way to win again I know a few Pats fans who will then call it a rivalry.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-05-2018, 08:51 AM

But two of your largest losses came at the hands of Reid and Smith. That doesn't make you nervous at all?

The last victory over us Houston was limping, Maclin could barely even run, and Charles was on the sideline with a shredded acl.

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Again, two regular season games do not mean anything.

I was going to post the Broncos and I am aware that playing in Denver is Belichick's waterloo. But I figured that their more recent success vs New England was in part due to Manning.

I know McFistPump beat him in '09 with Orton and went crazy.

Pats lost to the Broncos in the 2005 playoffs, which ended their chances of a three-peat, and in the 2015 AFCCG, which denied them another SB trip and a chance to repeat.

Pats BB/Brady era rivals in no particular order:

1. Giants (duh)
2. Broncos
3. Peyton
4. Jets/Dolphins, just due to divisional hatred, and both giving the Pats trouble either consistently (Dolphins) or in some key games (Jets in the playoffs).
5. Steelers (though we have beaten them like a drum for 15 years. Too many big games).
6. Colts (sort of. Mostly covered by Peyton, but also the Grigson/Deflategate absurdity).

That's all I can think of.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-05-2018, 08:52 AM
?

A meaningless loss early in the Patriots 2014 championship season, and an opening day loss in a 13-3 season that resulted in the Patriots having the #1 seed in the AFC? Being beaten by the Pats in the 2016 playoffs on their way to another SB win?

I'm not dissing the Chiefs -- the Patriots haven't actually PLAYED them in enough big games for them to even have the opportunity to BE the achilles heel.

Is it meaningless if it got the fans to stop mumbling about going 19-0??

Rams Fan
01-05-2018, 08:56 AM

Yes, it is meaningless.

Again, regular season vs postseason.

You don't think if the Pats lost to the Giants in Week 17 in 2007 but beat the Giants in the SB that the Giants would be viewed differently?

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 08:56 AM
But two of your largest losses came at the hands of Reid and Smith. That doesn't make you nervous at all?

The last victory over us Houston was limping, Maclin could barely even run, and Charles was on the sideline with a shredded acl.

In a playoff game? Yes, absolutely nervous. I think Reid is a great coach (outside of clock management), and Smith is exactly the right kind of QB to defeat a BB team/defense. BB's defense is largely predicated on forcing long drives and making you play error free football. Smith plays ALOT of error-free football. That gives us problems.

I won't get into injury comparisons. Putting that aside, missing Berry for the rematch in Foxboro will definitely not help your cause.

None of that makes the Chiefs an achilles heel or rival, however. IF the Chiefs DID beat the Patriots in a playoff game in Foxboro, THEN they would certainly start to become one.

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 08:59 AM
I think it's the exact opposite....it gives them an excuse this season.

They've had an excuse to lose EVERY f'n season.

Rams Fan
01-05-2018, 09:00 AM
Pats lost to the Broncos in the 2005 playoffs, which ended their chances of a three-peat, and in the 2015 AFCCG, which denied them another SB trip and a chance to repeat.

Pats BB/Brady era rivals in no particular order:

1. Giants (duh)
2. Broncos
3. Peyton
4. Jets/Dolphins, just due to divisional hatred, and both giving the Pats trouble either consistently (Dolphins) or in some key games (Jets in the playoffs).
5. Steelers (though we have beaten them like a drum for 15 years. Too many big games).
6. Colts (sort of. Mostly covered by Peyton, but also the Grigson/Deflategate absurdity).

That's all I can think of.

After looking up to head to head in the playoffs, I think the Ravens might need to be added to that list.

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 09:00 AM
Having the GOAT QB in his twilight years will only get you so many breaks. NE got their final one in the SB...

Kraft knows it and had to pony up...the refs did what they could to keep them in contention. By my count, they were the beneficiaries of 3 questionable, game deciding calls. They are 10-6 without them...good but not great. The Buffalo call changed momentum in a tight game...so could have been 9-7.

KC is likely 12-4 without the Oakland/Jets officiating...funny how that works.

:rolleyes:

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 09:01 AM

Also :rolleyes:

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 09:02 AM

Ah, ok. Well, out of the other 5 teams in the playoffs (small sample size), I agree. :D

Pablo
01-05-2018, 09:03 AM
Brady is a proven cheater. He's obviously on PED's and a piece of shit human being.

PAChiefsGuy
01-05-2018, 09:04 AM

Exactly. It's only meaningless to certain posters because they are crybabies who like to talk trash on their 'favorite' team and whine like a bunch of bitches.

No NFL regular season game is meaningless until a team is mathematically knocked out of the playoffs. Then you could make a case for that. Beating the Pats in NE is no small feat, doesn't matter what wk it is.

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 09:05 AM
"Belichick, having always subscribed to the philosophy that it's time to go once an owner gets involved in football decisions, left the impression with some friends that the current dynamic was unsustainable.

Brady, though, seemed liberated. Kraft hugged Brady when he saw him that week, in full view of teammates. A few days later during practice, some players and staffers noticed that Brady seemed especially excited, hollering and cajoling. Brady was once again the team's present and future."

That was one of the weirder "facts" in the article. Kraft hugs Brady ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Literally after every win Kraft hugs everyone, and Brady is definitely included, and it's all in front of the entire team. To throw that in like it supports anything at all is weird and potentially misleading.

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 09:07 AM
Pats fans are going CRAZY over this story. Calling it out for being completely fake all over social media. LMAO

I hate that conceited ****ing fan base so much. The ground starts shaking a little, 'it can't be real!'...

I hope that franchise burns to the ground.

Some of it probably is real. I think the whole "massive dysfunction in Foxboro" conclusion it reaches is very overstated.

But ultimately, who cares. FIVE SUPER BOWLS. Total NFL domination for 15 years. WAAAAAY more than I ever expected to see. The ride can end any time and I'm fine with it. Being playing with house money for years.

Rams Fan
No NFL regular season game is meaningless until a team is mathematically knocked out of the playoffs. Then you could make a case for that.

You don't think Marty would trade a win during the regular season at all during his career in exchange for beating the Pats in San Diego when they were the #1 seed?

Fansy the Famous Bard
That was one of the weirder "facts" in the article. Kraft hugs Brady ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Literally after every win Kraft hugs everyone, and Brady is definitely included, and it's all in front of the entire team. To throw that in like it supports anything at all is weird and potentially misleading.

Stop fucking up the narrative we want to read.

BryanBusby
01-05-2018, 09:08 AM
Lmao if Tom Brady's quack doctor ruins the Patriots

RunKC
01-05-2018, 09:10 AM
NE is more scared of the Chiefs than anyone in the conference, including the Steelers LMAO

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2018/01/02/except-for-chiefs-coast-pretty-clear-for-patriots-afc-playoffs/nU3vY65HTLNzRxPthRtBCJ/amp.html

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 09:13 AM
I realize game 1 this season wasn't huge but in week 2 I visited Minnesota to hang with Katie from here and we watched the Philly/KC game together at a sports bar wearing our Chiefs gear.

We had at least 3 Vikings fans come up to us and not only congratulate but thank us for the Chiefs week 1 win.

Oh and FWIW if by somehow the teams meet again and KC finds a way to win again I know a few Pats fans who will then call it a rivalry.

Sure. Everyone's favorite team every week is their team, and whoever is playing the Patriots. The Patriots are the Evil Empire. What the Yankees used to be. I definitely get it. Everyone is just sick to f'n death of them.

When I was growing up, the Patriots were "the Patsies". Completely irrelevant cupcakes on everyone's schedule most years. Ownership the laughingstock of the NFL. Believe me, this is MUCH better! :D

And yes, it may elevate to a rivalry if the Chiefs beat the Pats in the playoffs. Of course, the Ravens (TWICE!) and Jets have beaten the Pats at home in the playoffs also, so...

kgrund
01-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Love, love. love my Chiefs, but to suggest that we are anything other than a pimple of the Patriots' ass would be a lie. When you do NOTHING in the playoffs, this is what you are. THIS is what we have to change. Our perception with the "big boys" will never change until we take them out in the playoffs.

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 09:17 AM
After looking up to head to head in the playoffs, I think the Ravens might need to be added to that list.

Yep, definitely. They have been irrelevant for the last couple years so I forgot about them, but two wins in Foxboro, plus some real heart attack losses puts them on the list.

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 09:18 AM
NE is more scared of the Chiefs than anyone in the conference, including the Steelers LMAO

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2018/01/02/except-for-chiefs-coast-pretty-clear-for-patriots-afc-playoffs/nU3vY65HTLNzRxPthRtBCJ/amp.html

Logically, we should be more scared of the Steelers. Problem is we have totally owned them for 15 years, so it's hard to be, even though on paper they are ridiculously dangerous.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2018, 09:21 AM
Neither the Steelers nor the Chiefs have ever beaten the Patriots in a game that matters enough for them to be considered "rivals."

ptlyon
01-05-2018, 09:21 AM
Pats have Noone to fear when the referees are around.

Rams Fan
01-05-2018, 09:22 AM
Neither the Steelers nor the Chiefs have ever beaten the Patriots in a game that matters enough for them to be considered "rivals."

This is the argument I have been trying to make this entire thread....

Mr. Plow
01-05-2018, 09:24 AM
Exactly. It's only meaningless to certain posters because they are crybabies who like to talk trash on their 'favorite' team and whine like a bunch of bitches.

No NFL regular season game is meaningless until a team is mathematically knocked out of the playoffs. Then you could make a case for that. Beating the Pats in NE is no small feat, doesn't matter what wk it is.

LMAO

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-05-2018, 09:32 AM
In a playoff game? Yes, absolutely nervous. I think Reid is a great coach (outside of clock management), and Smith is exactly the right kind of QB to defeat a BB team/defense. BB's defense is largely predicated on forcing long drives and making you play error free football. Smith plays ALOT of error-free football. That gives us problems.

I won't get into injury comparisons. Putting that aside, missing Berry for the rematch in Foxboro will definitely not help your cause.

None of that makes the Chiefs an achilles heel or rival, however. IF the Chiefs DID beat the Patriots in a playoff game in Foxboro, THEN they would certainly start to become one.

Got nothing wrong with what you just said

The Franchise
01-05-2018, 09:35 AM

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2018, 09:35 AM
This is the argument I have been trying to make this entire thread....

I'm just giving you support. Hell, the fucking Browns have beaten the piss out of the Patriots, too.

Reid is 2-5 against Belichick and Tomlin is 2-7.

That's not a rivalry any more than a potted plant has a rivalry with Harvey Weinstein.

Rams Fan
01-05-2018, 09:39 AM
I'm just giving you support. Hell, the ****ing Browns have beaten the piss out of the Patriots, too.

Reid is 2-5 against Belichick and Tomlin is 2-7.

That's not a rivalry any more than a potted plant has a rivalry with Harvey Weinstein.

I know we're on the same side of the discussion. You just phrased it better than I did.

If people want to talk about Reid owning Belichick, then why is he winless vs him in the playoffs-including the SB?

I think Reid and the Chiefs are a good team, but they need to win when it matters vs New England-in the playoffs. Winning one of 16 games doesn't cement a legacy. Winning in the playoffs does.

Best22
01-05-2018, 09:39 AM
?

Yes. It's pathetic we have only played the Patriots and Steelers once in the playoffs since 1995 (2015, 2016). Those guys are always in the playoffs but we never play them. Telling, but that terrible KC era is changing with Reid.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2018, 09:42 AM
I know we're on the same side of the discussion. You just phrased it better than I did.

If people want to talk about Reid owning Belichick, then why is he winless vs him in the playoffs-including the SB?

I think Reid and the Chiefs are a good team, but they need to win when it matters vs New England-in the playoffs. Winning one of 16 games doesn't cement a legacy. Winning in the playoffs does.

Remember that you're posting on a website that has already carved Patrick Mahomes' bust in Canton. Despite all the talk about negativity here, it's absolutely not the case. This place isn't negative, but irrational. The Chiefs beat the Patriots in Week 1 and three years ago, therefore rivals.

Rams Fan
01-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Remember that you're posting on a website that has already carved Patrick Mahomes' bust in Canton. Despite all the talk about negativity here, it's absolutely not the case. This place isn't negative, but irrational. The Chiefs beat the Patriots in Week 1 and three years ago, therefore rivals.

This isn't even about being negative. It's just the simple fact that the Chiefs really haven't played the Patriots that much in the playoffs not have had that much success in the POs to be considered a rival.

GoChargers
01-05-2018, 09:48 AM
I'm not surprised that Brady and Belicheat don't get along. They are both divas with huge egos, after all. But this will all be forgotten when the league gifts them another bullshit "championship."

Buck
01-05-2018, 09:51 AM
I saw Tom Brady at a grocery store in Boston yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

GoChargers
01-05-2018, 09:52 AM
The NFL doesn't want the Patriots in back-to-back SBs...

The league's dream Super Bowl matchup would be Cheatriots vs. Cheatriots every year.

BleedingRed
01-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Logically, we should be more scared of the Steelers. Problem is we have totally owned them for 15 years, so it's hard to be, even though on paper they are ridiculously dangerous.

I don't think so, look at it from this angle. Revis was on the Patriots and could have some valuable insight into defensive schemes.

RealSNR
01-05-2018, 09:56 AM

Don't let a few whackos ruin the reputation of the rest of us.

ChiefsCountry
01-05-2018, 09:57 AM
The league's dream Super Bowl matchup would be Cheatriots vs. Cheatriots every year.

No the league's dream Super Bowl is Cowboys vs Steelers.

Easy 6
01-05-2018, 10:07 AM

Just read this piece earlier this morning, that team is beginning to crush itself under the weight of all their egos

Particularly Brady, forcing Jimmy G out is looking like a huge mistake, I'd be furious were I Bill as well... Toms dealing with achilles and shoulder issues, and they've got dick for a plan B

GoChargers
01-05-2018, 10:09 AM
No the league's dream Super Bowl is Cowboys vs Steelers.

Maybe 20 years ago. Not now, though.

RealSNR
01-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Robert Kraft is scum. How he believes he had ANY part whatsoever in those Super Bowls is beyond me. He's full of fucking shit.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2018, 10:25 AM
Kraft is a buffoon, Brady's estrogen levels are clearly rising and Belichick is the only one with any sense.

If the Pats win the SB again, though, Brady comes off looking like the clear winner in this, while Bill and the Pats are left scrambling for a QB.

In58men
01-05-2018, 10:26 AM
Just read this piece earlier this morning, that team is beginning to crush itself under the weight of all their egos

Particularly Brady, forcing Jimmy G out is looking like a huge mistake, I'd be furious were I Bill as well... Toms dealing with achilles and shoulder issues, and they've got dick for a plan B

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180105/4902b14cb5718b1aa1f1f9c362062bbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiefsCountry
01-05-2018, 10:27 AM
Robert Kraft is scum. How he believes he had ANY part whatsoever in those Super Bowls is beyond me. He's full of ****ing shit.

He signed the checks.

GoChargers

Of course they're going to say that. They're not going to publicly admit that they hate each other even if it's true.

The Franchise

Uhhhh....what else WOULD they do?

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Of course the Patriots are going to deny it. They are in the playoffs, trying to win a title.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2018, 10:28 AM
One other thing...this is the absolute worst thing that could happen to the Chiefs a week before they likely go to Foxboro. LMAO

Easy 6
01-05-2018, 10:30 AM

I dont buy it, they're just closing ranks to avoid a controversy during the playoffs

In58men
I don’t buy into the beef.

Somebody has a lot of money somewhere and wants the Pats out. Every season before playoffs Pats have some sort drama. Every season, it’s all cheap propaganda.

Amnorix
He signed the checks.

The ONE thing he absolutely did do was hire Belichick -- in fact give up a first round pick for him -- at a time when people thought he was crazy for doing so.

And, of course, just generally give the team stability and good funding, etc. Bad owners definitely screw up teams, but 80+% of them are fine -- sign checks and stay out of the way mostly.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2018, 10:33 AM
One other thing...this is the absolute worst thing that could happen to the Chiefs a week before they likely go to Foxboro. LMAO

It could be a good thing just as much as a bad thing. The other players in that locker room have it in their heads now.

Common sense says that this story has tons of truth to it, and that would be highly distracting and disruptive ahead of the playoffs.

Sassy Squatch
01-05-2018, 10:34 AM
The other teams coach could shart himself and you would run around here screaming about how its a big deal for the Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2018, 10:34 AM
It could be a good thing just as much as a bad thing.

Homer take. This is the Pats we are talking about. Stuff like this only emboldens them and turns them into a buzzsaw.

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 10:35 AM
As others have said, of course they would say this, but FWIW:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSykqmlVMAAmU7F.jpg:large

RealSNR
01-05-2018, 10:36 AM
He signed the checks.

So did Jimmy Haslem.

Frazod
01-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Uhhhh....what else WOULD they do?

This would have been much better.....

https://78.media.tumblr.com/73bc16d7420c46dd2d437831df9b7576/tumblr_nexlr5AAgM1sxznh1o1_250.gif

RunKC
01-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Homer take. This is the Pats we are talking about. Stuff like this only emboldens them and turns them into a buzzsaw.

“The Chiefs playing opening night in Foxborough is a guaranteed loss. They’re walking straight into a buzz saw.”

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2018, 10:40 AM

Nah. This isn't the same. This isn't like Spygate or Deflategate where the team had motivation to prove that the cheating didn't matter.

We're talking about actual disruption and divide between BB, Kraft, and Tom. And now that it's out there for everyone to read, and makes so much sense, those players are going to have doubt creep into their minds.

Like young children seeing their parents on the verge of divorce, focus will be tough to manage.

Hoopsdoc
01-05-2018, 10:41 AM
The ONE thing he absolutely did do was hire Belichick -- in fact give up a first round pick for him -- at a time when people thought he was crazy for doing so.

And, of course, just generally give the team stability and good funding, etc. Bad owners definitely screw up teams, but 80+% of them are fine -- sign checks and stay out of the way mostly.

He got lucky. There was no way of knowing how Belichick would turn out as a coach.

The Raiders hiring Gruden would be a good comp, only Gruden is more successful now than Belichick was then.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2018, 10:43 AM
“The Chiefs playing opening night in Foxborough is a guaranteed loss. They’re walking straight into a buzz saw.”

Chiefs had the element of surprise on their side that night.

raybec 4
01-05-2018, 10:46 AM

No team ever has

BlackOp
01-05-2018, 10:49 AM
KC has outscored NE 103 to 61 in their past 3 match-ups...

They were without Ware, Charles, Houston and Maclin and lost by 7....a fumble by their 3rd string RB was the difference.

bobbything
01-05-2018, 10:51 AM
He got lucky. There was no way of knowing how Belichick would turn out as a coach.

The Raiders hiring Gruden would be a good comp, only Gruden is more successful now than Belichick was then.
One thing that I never thought got as much run as it should have was the question, "How would the Belichick hire have looked had Bledsoe not gotten injured?"

IIRC, Bledsoe had just signed a contract extension. Something ridiculous like 8 years.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-05-2018, 10:51 AM
KC has outscored NE 103 to 61 in their past 3 match-ups...

They were without Ware, Charles, Houston and Maclin and lost by 7....a fumble by their 3rd string RB was the difference.

NE was a much better team that year too IMO. Man for man.

Amnorix
01-05-2018, 10:53 AM

There's always an element of luck, but only Kraft believed in him enough, based on their time together in 1996, to pay a first round pick for a guy that most teams thought was toxic.

You're going to give him NO credit for that? Really?

RunKC
01-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Chiefs had the element of surprise on their side that night.

This is the weakest NE has ever been. Ever.

They’re fighting amongst themselves, they don’t have Edelman or Welker, Brady is playing like he’s old and their defense is the least talented of the Belichick regime.

That doesn’t mean that we are winning, but we are the only team in the playoffs capable of winning there.

The end is coming, Clay, and it’s beautiful. Rome falling from the inside and whether or not Alex destroys it this month, the era of Patrick Mahomes is at the perfect time to snatch the torch and establish a new path for the conference.

Easy 6
01-05-2018, 10:59 AM
This is the weakest NE has ever been. Ever.

They’re fighting amongst themselves, they don’t have Edelman or Welker, Brady is playing like he’s old and their defense is the least talented of the Belichick regime.

That doesn’t mean that we are winning, but we are the only team in the playoffs capable of winning there.

The end is coming, Clay, and it’s beautiful. Rome falling from the inside and whether or not Alex destroys it this month, the era of Patrick Mahomes is at the perfect time to snatch the torch and establish a new path for the conference.

PBJ

oldman
01-05-2018, 11:12 AM
One thing that I never thought got as much run as it should have was the question, "How would the Belichick hire have looked had Bledsoe not gotten injured?"

IIRC, Bledsoe had just signed a contract extension. Something ridiculous like 8 years.

An annual 9-7, 10-6 team at best. Or 11-5 with Pioli and Cassel at the helm :D Luckiest injury, ever.

B_Ambuehl
01-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Belichik has made a career taking advantage of the rest of the NFLs stupidity.

Everyone else wants $20 million dollar pass rushers and speed all over the field. Belichik takes a talented defensive tackle then fills in the remainder of the front 7 with cheap big guys. Then plays coverage behind it. Big guys are a lot easier to find than athletic freaks and they can stop the run, and he's proven the system works year after year even as the names change. Stop the run with 7 and play coverage behind it, force teams to nickel and dime their way down the field knowing most of the time they'll beat themselves.

The rest of the NFL wants $20 million superstar diva wide receivers and a high flying circus offense. Belichik focuses on an adequate Oline and practice squad slot receiver types to move the ball utilizing an effective scheme and a QB that can run it.

The rest of the NFL wants a "championship running back" and often wastes many draft picks looking for them. Belichik knows a running backs performance is at least as much a result of Oline and scheme, so takes whatever adequate castoffs he can find and makes them earn playing time via competition.

The rest of the NFL is overly concerned with winning games. Belichik knows most games are lost and not won via dead ball penalties and mental errors. Belichik teams are perennially great in this category with very few late hits, personal fouls, offsides, false starts, delay of game penalties, and special teams miscues etc.

Around about 2008-09 I thought the Belichik era was over. He was looking like a complete idiot in the draft, passing on talented player after talented player. Running every talented defender out of town. I thought he had become too full of himself to the point he thought he could win without talent. He's proven himself right.

It does help he gets 6 extra preseason games against the rest of the AFC east, 3 teams where none has had a legit QB in nearly 10 years, but gotta give the man credit for trolling the rest of the league to such an extent. I'd love to see him move to another team.

chiefzilla1501
01-05-2018, 11:17 AM
I usually don't believe a lot of this gossip. Trading garropolo and brissett was strange. But the big dagger for me was the Brady trainer. No matter which way you spin it, that was a kick in the dick to Brady. He may be a professional, but I doubt he took that lightly. I also doubt a control freak like kraft or bellichick liked what Brady was doing with his trainer. So there seems to be some teeth to this story.

The Franchise
01-05-2018, 11:19 AM

Everyone else wants $20 million dollar pass rushers and speed all over the field. Belichik takes a talented defensive tackle then fills in the remainder of the front 7 with cheap big guys. Then plays coverage behind it. Big guys are a lot easier to find than athletic freaks and they can stop the run, and he's proven the system works year after year even as the names change. Stop the run with 7 and play coverage behind it, force teams to nickel and dime their way down the field knowing most of the time they'll beat themselves.

The rest of the NFL wants $20 million superstar diva wide receivers and a high flying circus offense. Belichik focuses on an adequate Oline and practice squad slot receiver types to move the ball utilizing an effective scheme and a QB that can run it.

The rest of the NFL wants a "championship running back" and often wastes many draft picks looking for them. Belichik knows a running backs performance is at least as much a result of Oline and scheme, so takes whatever adequate castoffs he can find and makes them earn playing time via competition.

The rest of the NFL is overly concerned with winning games. Belichik knows most games are lost and not won via dead ball penalties and mental errors. Belichik teams are perennially great in this category with very few late hits, personal fouls, offsides, false starts, delay of game penalties, and special teams miscues etc.

Around about 2008-09 I thought the Belichik era was over. He was looking like a complete idiot in the draft, passing on talented player after talented player. Running every talented defender out of town. I thought he had become too full of himself to the point he thought he could win without talent. He's proven himself right.

It does help he gets 6 extra preseason games against the rest of the AFC east, 3 teams where none has had a legit QB in nearly 10 years, but gotta give the man credit for trolling the rest of the league to such an extent. I'd love to see him move to another team.

It also doesn't hurt when you have a franchise QB and you only have to pay him $14 million a season.

oldman
01-05-2018, 11:19 AM

Nailed it.

FloridaMan88
01-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Just waiting for the inevitable evolution of this story to focus on ESPN’s “left wing bias” vs. Kraft/Belichick/Brady who have all been known to support Trump.

Politics, media bias, fake news... all the ingredients are there to turn the narrative into a political shitfest.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Just waiting for the inevitable evolution of this story to focus on ESPN’s “left wing bias” vs. Kraft/Belichick/Brady who have all been known to support Trump.

Politics, media bias, fake news... all the ingredients are there to turn the narrative into a political shitfest.

Look up ChiefsCountry's posts in this thread.

Shag
01-05-2018, 11:43 AM
It also doesn't hurt when you have a franchise QB and you only have to pay him $14 million a season.

This is what a lot of people don't realize. When you get get the GOAT at a huge discount, freeing cap to improve the team, that's an advantage no other team has.

Dierdorf72
01-05-2018, 11:44 AM
This is so ****ing perfect. The Patriots dynasty ends and the Patrick Mahomes era begins.

From your mouth to God's ears.

BucEyedPea
01-05-2018, 12:16 PM
There will always be mediots wherever you go.

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26169007_10156083842087372_7882367715973960264_n.jpg?oh=480bffe6c513f5fee99d4ecfdb0dc40b&oe=5AEEC8A4

BucEyedPea
01-05-2018, 12:18 PM

MEDIOTS = media + idiots for a new word.

Definition: If the mainstream news ( including sports media) says it's true—then it's true!

O.city
01-05-2018, 12:22 PM
Patriots fan thinks story is false and makes some weird claims

News at 11

NWTF
01-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Most likely just sensationalized manufactured drama. ESPN wouldnt be guilty of that would they?

Pablo
01-05-2018, 12:56 PM
If this report can cause just one Pats fan to plug a bullet into their ear then I think it's been a success.

BucEyedPea
01-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Most likely just sensationalized manufactured drama. ESPN wouldnt be guilty of that would they?

Of course they would. Scandal and controversy sells. So just the fact that "hit piece" was the chosen words, has already had the desire effect.

BucEyedPea
01-05-2018, 12:59 PM
Patriots fan thinks story is false and makes some weird claims

News at 11

Jealous chiefs fan thinks story from PC sports media source, that fires people who don't agree with their views, is true and supports weird claims.

News at 11.

Bewbies
01-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Can I dream KC goes to NE next weekend, wins, and on Monday Jan 22 Belichick retires?

O.city
01-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Jealous chiefs fan thinks story from PC sports media source, that fires people who don't agree with their views, is true and supports weird claims.

News at 11.

Predictable jibberish

Pablo
01-05-2018, 01:24 PM
Can I dream KC goes to NE next weekend, wins, and on Monday Jan 22 Belichick retires?Only if that dream involves Tom getting Theismann'd during the game.

ModSocks
01-05-2018, 01:32 PM
Predictable jibberish

Most predictable poster on this forum.

SAGA45
01-05-2018, 01:55 PM
This is so ****ing perfect. The Patriots dynasty ends and the Patrick Mahomes era begins.

Love Mahomes...but that Watson kid in Houston ain't so bad either. Could potentially be a decade or more of them dueling in the postseason which I personally wouldn't mind as a fan of football.

tk13
01-05-2018, 02:43 PM

The only thing ESPN cares about is drama and attention. It sells. This is the same network that will put Tebow on the air 10 hours a day and used to build entire Sportscenter episodes around him.