PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Forward progress was stopped.

mr. tegu
01-06-2018, 06:59 PM
What a joke. There are a lot of sack fumbles that need to be reversed.

TEX
01-06-2018, 07:01 PM
Was a joke call. Turned out to be the difference in game. Stil, KC had PLENTY of chances to win regardless.

Coochie liquor
01-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Yeah forward progress was stopped... while he was still in his drop. Fuck the refs! But as always.... because Chiefs!

jd1020
01-06-2018, 07:02 PM
DJ's sack fumble was bullshit, but Zombo's was the right call. That was textbook forward progress.

RINGLEADER
01-06-2018, 07:03 PM
As I put in the game thread - if this is the rule then all sack-fumbles that happen when the sack comes head on are no longer fumbles.

We'll get a nice letter from the league on Tuesday.

That FG shouldn't have counted.

Rain Man
01-06-2018, 07:10 PM
I've watched football for almost 50 years and I've never heard a forward progress call on a sack. It was called twice today, both on fumbles.

What else is there to say?

petegz28
01-06-2018, 07:10 PM
Everyone in the world is scratching their head on this call except a few guys in Vegas...

Aspengc8
01-06-2018, 07:11 PM
DJ's sack fumble was bullshit, but Zombo's was the right call. That was textbook forward progress.

This.

petegz28
I've watched football for almost 50 years and I've never heard a forward progress call on a sack. It was called twice today, both on fumbles.

The 2nd one was a legit call....but the first? Fucking unbelievable

Eleazar
I mean... has anyone ever seen that called before? Ever?

It's our own tuck rule and pine tar home run rolled into one

SupDock
01-06-2018, 07:13 PM
On Reddit people were saying Triplette made the same exact mind-boggling call earlier this year

NJChiefsFan
01-06-2018, 07:13 PM
Horrific call. One the NFL won't acknowledge. We still are to blame for the loss.

Beef Supreme
01-06-2018, 07:19 PM
That kind of shit just tells me that vegas paid someone to cover the spread.

rabblerouser
01-06-2018, 07:19 PM

The NFL is rigged.

HemiEd
01-06-2018, 07:21 PM
What a joke. There are a lot of sack fumbles that need to be reversed.

That is when I knew the fix was in. He had no forward progress, he was hit in the same spot he caught the ball.

NJChiefsFan
01-06-2018, 07:21 PM
The NFL is rigged.

You think the NFL wanted the Titans against the Patriots!? No way. Kc was a much more interesting matchup in the national eye.

Refs aren't following an agenda. They just suck.

TEX
01-06-2018, 07:22 PM
That is when I knew the fix was in. He had no forward progress, he was hit in the same spot he caught the ball.

Yep. But still, KC had PLENTY of chances to win this game. The loss is on them, not the refs. But they certainly didn't help.

lcarus
01-06-2018, 07:25 PM
The holding call on Harris on our last drive was horse shit too. WTF was that? That cost us dearly as well.

Deberg_1990
01-06-2018, 07:26 PM
And of course Tripplette and his merry band of bumbling idiots will never have to answer for these mystifying calls.

Beef Supreme
The worst part is it got reviewd in ny and that was the call we got. If that wasnt a sack fumble then there is officially no such thing as a sack fumble.

RINGLEADER
This pretty much sums it up:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/refs-struggle-as-travis-kelce-ruled-out-after-being-injured-on-controversial-play/

Tripplette should never ref another game...

dls6501
01-06-2018, 07:28 PM
Bullshit call. But in fairness, when Kelce was knocked out, he fumbled too. We caught a break there, and ended up scoring a TD on that drive.

jd1020
01-06-2018, 07:29 PM
The worst part is it got reviewd in ny and that was the call we got. If that wasnt a sack fumble then there is officially no such thing as a sack fumble.

What are you talking about? There was no turnover. There wasn't a review. He called forward progress, a non-reviewable play.

tmax63
01-06-2018, 07:29 PM
You think the NFL wanted the Titans against the Patriots!? No way. Kc was a much more interesting matchup in the national eye.

Refs aren't following an agenda. They just suck.

No, the NFL wants a Pitt-NE matchup and KC was a serious threat to interfering with that. I think Triplett was just making sure that they covered the spread.

jd1020
01-06-2018, 07:30 PM
No, the NFL wants a Pitt-NE matchup and KC was a serious threat to interfering with that.

ROFL

Good one.

HemiEd
01-06-2018, 07:30 PM

That was the biggest of three calls that prevented a Chiefs blowout.

After 48 years, I am now going to be a casual fan.

If Mahomes takes the team there, I will say : thats nice

NJChiefsFan
01-06-2018, 07:31 PM
No, the NFL wants a Pitt-NE matchup and KC was a serious threat to interfering with that. I think Triplett was just making sure that they covered the spread.

That's quite a stretch. Why not rule the kelce play a fumble if they wanted to fix the game? There refs just suck. Triplett has been lost his entire career.

TEX
01-06-2018, 07:33 PM
What are you talking about? There was no turnover. There wasn't a review. He called forward progress, a non-reviewable play.

Nice and tidy how the NFL works like that.

HemiEd
01-06-2018, 07:33 PM
ROFL

Good one.

Yep, the tv ratings will be fine with the Patriots, no Chiefs needed. This was a real ratings cliff hanger, money maker. I bet Vegas knocked it out of the park.

Furthermore, in the big long term picture, it will help justify Nationally the Chiefs moving on from Alex.

TEX
01-06-2018, 07:35 PM
That's quite a stretch. Why not rule the kelce play a fumble if they wanted to fix the game? There refs just suck. Triplett has been lost his entire career.

That's so true. When I saw he was gonna call the game, I KNEW very bad calls were going to be part of this game.

suzzer99
01-06-2018, 07:35 PM
That was the biggest of three calls that prevented a Chiefs blowout.

After 48 years, I am now going to be a casual fan.

If Mahomes takes the team there, I will say : thats nice

I thought I was a casual fan but got sucked into this goddam game for some reason. I wasn't even going to try that hard to watch next week as I was sure we were going to lose.

butter08
01-06-2018, 07:37 PM
Am I the only one that thought Mariotta was over the line of scrimmage when he passed the ball to himself?

tmax63
01-06-2018, 07:37 PM
The replay of Kelce's hit shows the ball loose but he also pulled it back into his belly by instinct.

Beef Supreme
01-06-2018, 07:38 PM

My bad, you are correct. The announcers were talking with their guy in the booth about it, but it wasnt reviewable. Which is also bullshit

tmax63
01-06-2018, 07:39 PM
Am I the only one that thought Mariotta was over the line of scrimmage when he passed the ball to himself?

He was. They showed one replay that he was about 1/2 a yard over but then quickly shifted to other non-telling replays.

suzzer99
The replay of Kelce's hit shows the ball loose but he also pulled it back into his belly by instinct.

But did he ever really get possession of it again. And hell was it even a catch or was he "in the process of going to the ground" the entire time?

Beef Supreme

You thought that because he was.

Rain Man
01-06-2018, 07:40 PM
This pretty much sums it up:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/refs-struggle-as-travis-kelce-ruled-out-after-being-injured-on-controversial-play/

Tripplette should never ref another game...

The guy who tweeted this gets it:

Michael David Smith

@MichaelDavSmith
The Titans are gonna need at least half a dozen Jeff Triplette bad calls to go their way to come back in the second half.
Which means the Titans actually have a pretty good chance of coming back in the second half.

SAUTO
01-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Yep, the tv ratings will be fine with the Patriots, no Chiefs needed. This was a real ratings cliff hanger, money maker. I bet Vegas knocked it out of the park.

Furthermore, in the big long term picture, it will help justify Nationally the Chiefs moving on from Alex.

They are willing to burn some numbers this year to ensure mahomes next year.

At least I hope

lcarus
01-06-2018, 07:43 PM
Triplette is the worst, but it's every crew. The officiating in this league is so fucking shitty that an obvious catch or fumble can be negated and it's just another NFL game. And there are obvious holdings and pass interferences all game with no call but in our most desperate hour they call phantom holding on Demetrius Harris. It's almost like....what's the fucking point of the game when they're almost all determined by these dumb motherfuckers?