PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If Reid doesn't get fired

FlintHillsChiefs
01-06-2018, 07:11 PM
I'm fucking done. The tub of gelatinous goo can go FUCK himself. FIRE him or I quit

Red Dawg
01-06-2018, 07:13 PM
Stop it. Andy got an extension and drafted Mahomes. Sotton must be fired in my opinion.

TLO
01-06-2018, 07:13 PM
He's not getting fired. STFU

FlintHillsChiefs
01-06-2018, 07:15 PM
Who the fuck is Sotton? Crawl back to your mom's basement, you fucking pleb. Reid gets fired or I'm out.

Lzen
01-06-2018, 07:15 PM
Better defense, whether that be personnel or a new coordinator, would make a difference. But great qb play makes mediocre to decent coaches look like HOFers

FlintHillsChiefs
01-06-2018, 07:16 PM
FIRE THE TUB OF LARD.

Sandy Vagina
01-06-2018, 07:17 PM
loved his q+a comments about the officiating, lol...

"not going to get into it; they're protected."

Bob Dole
01-06-2018, 07:17 PM
How is that pile of steaming shit on Andy?

Chief Roundup
01-06-2018, 07:18 PM
Well bye. gif it up fellas.

kcpasco
01-06-2018, 07:19 PM
Reid owns 2 embarrassing losses. How does someone defend him?

Eee
01-06-2018, 07:19 PM
I am an Eagles fan....and for 15 years we endured Andy Reid and never won the big games. You need to fire him ASAP. Kansas City should not have lost that game today. 100% coaching failure. The Chiefs have a good squad an bright future.....but not if Reid stays in town. He refuses to ever change his game plan or adjust. He is a TERRIBLE coach.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-06-2018, 07:21 PM
R-E-L-A-X.

Mahomes will fix the porous run defense. The non-existent pass rush. The dropped passes. The Andy Reid conservative play calling.

The league has NO chance.

Buck
0 points 2nd half. BAD

He almost cost you a TD at the end of the first half by not calling Time Out too, but Smith made a money throw.

Eleazar
We know. We'd save the franchise 3-4 more years if they'd get rid of Reid, but our ownership is too loyal to coaches that can deliver safe, reliable wild card level teams.

cavtrp1
01-06-2018, 07:22 PM
Fucking Reid ! Is Marty Schottenheimer 2.0

Oh Snap
01-06-2018, 07:24 PM
I remember life before Andy reid...All the guy has done is average 10-12 wins a year since he came here. I'll take a playoff loss over the 4-12 clusterfuckery of years past.

FlintHillsChiefs
01-06-2018, 07:25 PM
FUCK Reid. Hope the fucker has a heart attack and dies choking on a rasberry filled donut

Chief Roundup
01-06-2018, 07:26 PM
R-E-L-A-X.

Mahomes will fix the porous run defense. The non-existent pass rush. The dropped passes. The Andy Reid conservative play calling.

STFU

SupDock
01-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Have no idea why they didn't just feed Hunt

FlintHillsChiefs
01-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Fire REID. He's a worthless cunt

Eee
01-06-2018, 07:31 PM
I feel for you chiefs fans I truly do. They looked like the old Eagles choking off the big game under Reid. You as fans need to speak ip....protest......do whatever is in you power to fire that clown. REID.....GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE PLAYBACK FOR ONCE......AND COACH!!!!! Just like in Philly. A tiger never changes his stripes. The Reid experiment is over.......FIRE HIM!!!!

Oh Snap
01-06-2018, 07:34 PM
I don't know how marriotas TD pass to himself didn't get called back. It looked like he was over the LOS when he threw the ball...And missing that FG was BIG. Instead of going up by 2 TDs we gave the titans great field position.

Oh, and whoever the **** #45 is on special teams can suck a fat dick. That dumb ****er gave us offsetting penalties when the titans ran into colquitt on that punt. Saw it on TV.

Everyone was hooting and hollering around because it was 4th and 1 and that was a 5 yard penalty. And then, a titans player pushes a chief and #45 comes up behind the titans player and shoves him in the back...knocking the titans player off his feet. Sloppy shit like that is why we lost. I believe that was right before the drive that Mariota scored on his own.

Eee
01-06-2018, 07:38 PM
It took 15 years of disappointment in Philly until they finally woke up. 1 in 3 teams in the NFL makes the playoffs......good coaching squads WIN the SuperBowl. It really is that simple. When the talent margins start to even out.....good coaching, aggressive play calling, and momentum is what carries a team to the top. Fire Reid....he will never give your program that edge.

GordonGekko
01-06-2018, 07:39 PM
****ing Reid ! Is Marty Schottenheimer 2.0

Exactly this. A great regular season coach, whose teams are too easily dismantled in the pressure of the playoffs.

CasselGotPeedOn
01-06-2018, 07:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HNYW798.jpg

CupidStunt
01-06-2018, 07:41 PM
Sure, but understand the replacement probably has a 25-40% chance of being any good, and even if he is, he'll still be hated and fired within 5 years. Reality of NFL coaching at this point seems to be that none of them have a clue what they're doing to keep doing it for a long time, outside of having the fortune of an all-time great QB.

All In
01-06-2018, 07:41 PM

You are right. No he is not.

sully1983
01-06-2018, 07:43 PM

This is pretty accurate ( I hate to say) . Good but not great

FlintHillsChiefs
01-06-2018, 07:44 PM
You are right. No he is not.

Because Hunt is a FUCKING cunt

FlintHillsChiefs
01-06-2018, 07:45 PM
Again, I hope the Tub Of Lard chokes to death.

Oh Snap
01-06-2018, 07:45 PM
It took 15 years of disappointment in Philly until they finally woke up. 1 in 3 teams in the NFL makes the playoffs......good coaching squads WIN the SuperBowl. It really is that simple. When the talent margins start to even out.....good coaching, aggressive play calling, and momentum is what carries a team to the top. Fire Reid....he will never give your program that edge.

Reid was with the eagles for 15 years..hes been with KC for 4 years.and our worst record in that time period is 10-6. Please go...I've seen 2-14 seasons, I've seen 4-12 seasons back to back....I'm more tha. Willing to give Reid a contract extension. He's a top 3 coach in this league. We aren't firing him. And frankly we'd be incredibly stupid to do that. Go back to your Philly message boards

kcpasco
01-06-2018, 07:47 PM
It will be Marriotas only playoff win. Congratulations Reid you fat piece of shit.

FlintHillsChiefs
01-06-2018, 07:55 PM
Fire the coolaid man, or i quit.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-06-2018, 07:56 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">18-pt halftime blown leads in the playoffs in the Super Bowl era:<br>- Andy Reid with Chiefs: 2<br>- Every other coach combined: 2</p>&mdash; Micah Adams (@MicahAdams13) <a href="https://twitter.com/MicahAdams13/status/949803725589270529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 7, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Manila-Chief
01-06-2018, 08:02 PM
Reid was with the eagles for 15 years..hes been with KC for 4 years.and our worst record in that time period is 10-6. Please go...I've seen 2-14 seasons, I've seen 4-12 seasons back to back....I'm more tha. Willing to give Reid a contract extension. He's a top 3 coach in this league. We aren't firing him. And frankly we'd be incredibly stupid to do that. Go back to your Philly message boards

I have followed this team since it was organized in Dallas. I attended the longest playoff game in NFL history. We haven't even been to a S.B. since Hank Stram won our only one. I'm not okay with 10+ wins that has us losing in the first or 2nd round of the playoffs. Why do we put up with it????

Before the season began, I realized Reid would never win a SB. Yes, I had hope when we won a few games ... but it turned out as it usually does. And it happened at home.

Yes, it seems Pat Mahomes may just be the real thing, but with Reid as coach I think we will get the same results. So, if you are satisfied with disappointments like today ... then support Reid.

Now, I realize it will not happen. Clark will keep Reid around ... it is called $$$ ... and because we get to the playoffs he will think that is enough.

Dave Lane
01-06-2018, 08:08 PM
I remember life before Andy reid...All the guy has done is average 10-12 wins a year since he came here. I'll take a playoff loss over the 4-12 cluster****ery of years past.

Andy is not the issue. He's a Alex Smith level HC but if we can find a stud I'm for moving on.

Dave Lane
01-06-2018, 08:09 PM
I have followed this team since it was organized in Dallas. I attended the longest playoff game in NFL history. We haven't even been to a S.B. since Hank Stram won our only one. I'm not okay with 10+ wins that has us losing in the first or 2nd round of the playoffs. Why do we put up with it????

Before the season began, I realized Reid would never win a SB. Yes, I had hope when we won a few games ... but it turned out as it usually does. And it happened at home.

Yes, it seems Pat Mahomes may just be the real thing, but with Reid as coach I think we will get the same results. So, if you are satisfied with disappointments like today ... then support Reid.

Now, I realize it will not happen. Clark will keep Reid around ... it is called $$$ ... and because we get to the playoffs he will think that is enough.

If Patrick turns out to be the stud we think he is, Andy Reid will suddenly become a much better coach just like Bill Bellichek was for the patriots after Brady became Brady

GordonGekko
01-06-2018, 08:11 PM
I like Reid, he gets his teams to the playoffs which is something that CAN NOT be taken for granted. In order to win the big dance you at least have to have a ticket in. Some teams go a decade or more without going to the playoffs. Reid needs to develop Mahomes and make that is coaching priority from here on out.

DaFace
01-06-2018, 08:14 PM
The fact that people think Reid is in any danger of getting fired is evidence of how far out of touch some are with how this whole thing works.

jaa1025
01-06-2018, 08:14 PM
He's not going anywhere and that is fine.

He wasn't the one calling the plays. That is Nagy...who might have cost himself a HC job with that playcalling.

Molitoth
01-06-2018, 08:36 PM
Sure, but understand the replacement probably has a 25-40% chance of being any good, and even if he is, he'll still be hated and fired within 5 years. Reality of NFL coaching at this point seems to be that none of them have a clue what they're doing to keep doing it for a long time, outside of having the fortune of an all-time great QB.

When you hitch a ride on the Shit-QB train, you're bound to end up in Fireville.

Ask Pioli.

Molitoth
01-06-2018, 08:37 PM
He's not going anywhere and that is fine.

He wasn't the one calling the plays. That is Nagy...who might have cost himself a HC job with that playcalling.

I'm not quite so sure, I saw Andy looking at the play sheet quite often in the second half...

TLO
01-06-2018, 08:37 PM
The fact that people think Reid is in any danger of getting fired is evidence of how far out of touch some are with how this whole thing works.

This is a very true statement. Andy's job is very, very secure.

Red Dawg
01-06-2018, 08:39 PM
I really think Smith is a big problem. Andy is not the reason . Smith fails and has in SF and now here. He does get the knock out punch. Doesn't try to either.

Clyde Frog
01-06-2018, 08:44 PM
I remember life before Andy reid...All the guy has done is average 10-12 wins a year since he came here. I'll take a playoff loss over the 4-12 cluster****ery of years past.

Which one is you? Cop to it...

https://media.giphy.com/media/11Z4zciA8ISJhu/giphy.gif

Toad
01-06-2018, 10:34 PM
I'm not quite so sure, I saw Andy looking at the play sheet quite often in the second half...

I think you're right. I saw the same thing. At one point, they showed where Andy seemed to look at his sheet and call in the play while he covered his mouth with said play sheet.

If he truly took play calling back from Nagy after the success Nagy had, that is ego and/or stubbornness on Reid's part.

Manila-Chief
01-07-2018, 08:52 AM

Oh, I know Reid will NOT be fired. It is an illustration of this franchise since Hank was fired. The goal seems to be to win enough games to keep fans and $$$ rolling into the bank.

The comment regarding Marty is spot on ... but, "fool me once ... fool me twice ...." or something like that. Therefore, I've seen how the Marty era turned out and I believe the same thing is happening again with Reid. Most coaches do not have the skills to win big games ... Therefore, I believe it is time to give another coach an opportunity. Yep, he will probably be another Todd Haley but maybe we will hit the 25% success rate.

And the comment was made ... something along the lines of "at least we are not like all those teams that seldom make the playoff." And I ask ... how are we any different? The goal is to win a championship ... not win 10 games and give the wild card team a victory ... at home ... and with a big lead at half time. At the end of the day (or season) we are no better off than a bottom feeder. We are left with a huge disappointment.

Guys, if it had just happened once ... well okay ... but this is Reid's 19th. season ... only lead a team to the SB one time and lost. Most of the time his teams do NOT even get close to the SB. The evidence says that he never will and I think the team should move on. NO they will not because of their tradition and $$$$!!!

Eleazar
01-07-2018, 09:59 AM
How is retaining Reid any different than the Bengals retaining Marvin Lewis?

Hammock Parties
01-07-2018, 10:01 AM
People want to throw stability in the trash just when we've got our golden goose QB.

SMH

DJJasonp

No - Marty never had large leads in the playoffs, due to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.

Chiefnj2

The Chiefs can sell AFC West Champion t-shirts and gear.

Chiefnj2
People want to throw stability in the trash just when we've got our golden goose QB.

SMH

Aren't you banned?

wazu
01-07-2018, 10:02 AM

Lewis has had 15 years, hasn't won nearly as many games, and zero playoff wins. And really doesn't offer any hope for anything better.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Aren't you banned?

Definitely not. Here for awhile, bud. Enjoy.

kcpasco
01-07-2018, 10:04 AM
I’m fine with Reid the head coach. Not so much when he is calling the plays. That second half just stunk of his playcalling.

Discuss Thrower
01-07-2018, 10:05 AM
I’m fine with Reid the head coach. Not so much when he is calling the plays. That second half just stunk of his playcalling.

Never once believed Nagy was calling plays.

crayzkirk
01-07-2018, 10:06 AM
All consistently winning 10-12 games a year is keep you in football purgatory; you aren't in position to draft great players to rebuild you team and you end up with a decade of Marty and half a decade with Reid. How is this team in better position than the rest of the teams in the division? The Chargers are loaded and just need a QB that protects the ball. I have no idea why they let Rivers throw the ball up for grabs in the last game, Melvin Gordon was killing us.

Welcome to flyover country. Home of the Chiefs.

vailpass
01-07-2018, 10:07 AM
FIRE THE TUB OF LARD.

And replace him with who?

FloridaMan88
01-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Reid isn’t going anywhere.

Most realistic scenario is that he finally makes long needed changes to his coaching staff... i.e. a new defensive coordinator, a new offensive line coach and completely delegating playcalling responsibilities to Nagy.

Bwana
01-07-2018, 10:30 AM
Reid isn't going to get fired.

kcpasco
01-07-2018, 10:36 AM
Reid will continue to be here for a long time. He will continue to have good to great regular seasons and than proceed to shart in the playoffs. It’s who he is so just enjoy the abuse.

chiefzilla1501
01-07-2018, 10:51 AM
Reid isn't going anywhere. So I'll play the role of optimist. Reid isn't marvin lewis or Marty. He makes dumb playoff decisions but he's also won 11 playoff games. With McNabb, he had a qb good enough to overcome his stupidity. I don't know how good mahomes will be but we know Alex Smith can't beat Reid's stupidity. Mahomes and his ability to freelance possibly might. At least we have hope now.

ChiliConCarnage
01-07-2018, 10:54 AM
It looks like you're done then

Abba-Dabba
01-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Good luck with Hunt grabbing his balls and making his coach answer for the puss poor results.

suzzer99
01-07-2018, 11:01 AM
2 years ago in the regular season Denver scored to go up by 8 on a play where if the runner had sat down at the 1 yard line, they instantly win. We came back and won.

You'd think that might be in the back of Andy's or Sutton's or the Players' minds when Tenn got their last first down. If we let him score - we get the ball back down 8 with like 1:45.

It's all just random unforeseeable events to them apparently.

Toad
01-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Reid isn’t going anywhere.

Most realistic scenario is that he finally makes long needed changes to his coaching staff... i.e. a new defensive coordinator, a new offensive line coach and completely delegating playcalling responsibilities to Nagy.

Yes. Not optimistic it those changes will be made though

redfan
01-07-2018, 11:47 AM
I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you op...

Manila-Chief
01-07-2018, 12:53 PM
R-E-L-A-X.

Hmmm ... The defense only gave up 22 points!!! Yeah, I know they should have made a stop ... but, in my mind the defense did NOT lose the game. Alex Smith lost the game ... any kind of score in the second half and we win. And, you know ... a first down or 2 along the way just might have run enough time off the clock. Plus, the defensive players were worn out from being on the field far too long.

Clay may have lost the bet with you but he is spot on with his accessment to of Smith. So, in a way I think he won the bet!!!

MahiMike
01-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Throw out the entire defense and roll w/Mahomey.

Why Not?
01-07-2018, 12:55 PM

It's not. If this was a video game Reid is simply the next level up Marvin Lewis.

Why Not?
01-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Reid isn't going anywhere. So I'll play the role of optimist. Reid isn't marvin lewis or Marty. He makes dumb playoff decisions but he's also won 11 playoff games. With McNabb, he had a qb good enough to overcome his stupidity. I don't know how good mahomes will be but we know Alex Smith can't beat Reid's stupidity. Mahomes and his ability to freelance possibly might. At least we have hope now.

Most of those playoff games were a loooong time ago. You don't need me to remind you what NFL stands for. Reid was a great coach who's window shut. Now he just stuck in perpetual one and done(beating Hoyer hardly counts)

HayWire
10-23-2021, 12:00 PM
Is this a Pete mult?

NotDonger
10-23-2021, 12:19 PM
Is this a Pete mult?

I don't think so. He doesn't have pete's panache.

Bearcat
10-23-2021, 12:23 PM
Heh.

R-E-L-A-X.

HayWire
10-23-2021, 12:26 PM
Heh.

Sorry, this a a stupid bump

My fault GCat

But some of these are funny as hell.

loochy
10-23-2021, 12:27 PM
OP is a complete retard. No wonder he wants to delete his account.

Bearcat
10-23-2021, 12:29 PM
Sorry, this a a stupid bump

My fault GCat

But some of these are funny as hell.

Just the fact that one of the most obnoxious posters ever was telling people to relax and everything he said came true over the course of the next two seasons.

And it's a little amusing this was bumped on Titans week.

RealSNR
10-23-2021, 12:32 PM
Just the fact that one of the most obnoxious posters ever was telling people to relax and everything he said came true over the course of the next two seasons.

And it's a little amusing this was bumped on Titans week.

Was Tigger permabanned, or did he leave voluntarily?

If he was banned, can we bring him back so we can point and laugh?

HayWire
10-23-2021, 12:35 PM

No.

As a future mod I'm not allowing this.

But I will allow you to laugh at Bear.

You're welcome

Couch-Potato
10-23-2021, 12:53 PM
I'm ****ing done. The tub of gelatinous goo can go **** himself. FIRE him or I quit

Blaspheme. Mods, please ban for a week.

Wallcrawler
10-23-2021, 01:00 PM
The frustration with Reid was legit. Hell, he still has his moments of pant filling dipshittery on the sideliines.

The best way to describe it is probably like a Dark Souls player that is pretty good at the game, but has a few certain enemy types that just push his shit in all the time, and no matter how long he plays the game, those enemy types will always be a problem.

Then, someone tells him about how to get the Black Knight Halberd at the beginning of the game. Then, these enemy types have no chance because the Black Knight Halberd is so OP, it just breaks the game. The player doesnt need to improve at his weakness, because the weapon simply makes them irrelevant.

Patrick Mahomes is the Black Knight Halberd.

Clock management issues late in games was no longer an issue because Patrick was going out and going up 2+ scores on teams.

Dumb playcalling was overcome because Patrick could turn what looked like a dead play, sure sack, into a jaw dropping throw for first downs or touchdowns.

Andy is still the same dude that presided over those horrible losses at Indy and at home to the Titans. He still makes some really dumbass playcalling decisions in games. He still takes timeouts on defense he has no business taking.

He just has the best weapon in the game now and doesnt get punished for it nearly as bad, because 15 is just otherworldly.

Flame away. But thats how I see it.

TwistedChief
10-23-2021, 02:00 PM
The frustration with Reid was legit. Hell, he still has his moments of pant filling dipshittery on the sideliines.

The best way to describe it is probably like a Dark Souls player that is pretty good at the game, but has a few certain enemy types that just push his shit in all the time, and no matter how long he plays the game, those enemy types will always be a problem.

Then, someone tells him about how to get the Black Knight Halberd at the beginning of the game. Then, these enemy types have no chance because the Black Knight Halberd is so OP, it just breaks the game. The player doesnt need to improve at his weakness, because the weapon simply makes them irrelevant.

Clock management issues late in games was no longer an issue because Patrick was going out and going up 2+ scores on teams.

Dumb playcalling was overcome because Patrick could turn what looked like a dead play, sure sack, into a jaw dropping throw for first downs or touchdowns.

Andy is still the same dude that presided over those horrible losses at Indy and at home to the Titans. He still makes some really dumbass playcalling decisions in games. He still takes timeouts on defense he has no business taking.

He just has the best weapon in the game now and doesnt get punished for it nearly as bad, because 15 is just otherworldly.

You can delete your account too.

KChiefs1
10-23-2021, 02:06 PM
Most of those playoff games were a loooong time ago. You don't need me to remind you what NFL stands for. Reid was a great coach who's window shut. Now he just stuck in perpetual one and done(beating Hoyer hardly counts)

This didn’t age well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearcat
10-23-2021, 02:36 PM

Permabanned, apparently only a month after this thread and going Full Tigger.

Never go Full Tigger.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2021, 02:39 PM
What a dumb thread and a bunch of dumb fucks....wow

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2021, 02:40 PM

Jfc. Look how awful Belichick is without Brady and you will see how awful this post is

Wallcrawler
10-23-2021, 03:21 PM
You can delete your account too.

Why should I leave? You're clearly the one having an issue seeing an opinion different from yours.

Maybe youre the one who should take your sensitive, chapped little ass and **** off? Just a suggestion, for your own sake.

I dont have a problem with your opinion or if you disagree with me. Make a counter point. Explain why you think my take is off, get the nuthooks, tell me to drink antifreeze and aids, or whatever, but I am pretty tired of the JDPrez-esque attitude lately around here of "be a blind homer and say nothing critical" or get censored, banned, or told to leave.

This place used to have bigger balls, honestly.

Wallcrawler
10-23-2021, 03:28 PM
Jfc. Look how awful Belichick is without Brady and you will see how awful this post is

Look how terrible Andy has been in the playoffs with Alex, and then look at 3 straight AFC title appearances, back to back superbowl appearances, and one superbowl win with Patrick Mahomes and youll see how spot on the post is.

RealSNR
10-23-2021, 03:40 PM
Look how terrible Andy has been in the playoffs with Alex, and then look at 3 straight AFC title appearances, back to back superbowl appearances, and one superbowl win with Patrick Mahomes and youll see how spot on the post is.

Where does Andy Reid rank in terms of head coaches, do you think?

If he were to retire at the end of this season, what do you think are the odds that we'd get an upgrade at head coach?

TLO
10-23-2021, 03:42 PM

This post aged well.

Thanks

JakeF
10-23-2021, 03:48 PM

If he were to retire at the end of this season, what do you think are the odds that we'd get an upgrade at head coach?The team has gotten worse since Andy Reid gained full control of the organization. I just don't think it's a good idea to have 1 person deciding everything. Who tells Andy "No" about anything? We need a GM with equal power.

RealSNR
10-23-2021, 04:23 PM
The team has gotten worse since Andy Reid gained full control of the organization. I just don't think it's a good idea to have 1 person deciding everything. Who tells Andy "No" about anything? We need a GM with equal power.

Not this shit again.

Both Veach and Andy report to Hunt. Andy does all the coaching, and JUST LIKE ALL NFL COACHES, takes part in the scouting, drafting, and player development process when it comes to personnel decisions.

If your proof of this is "Dorsey got fired!" well, that miserable dumb bitch Dorsey also got fired in Cleveland. If he knew how to play nice with others, he'd still be in KC right now.

Nothing official was announced with the GM change. When Dorsey was around, the "final say" garbage that people make such a big deal out of went to Dorsey. That's what they said at the initial press conference. If final say now goes to Reid, who gives a shit? That's not taking control of the organization. The goal is to have your GM and HC on the same page when it comes to players. If there's a disconnect and one guy has to tell the other guy to get screwed, that's usually not the best situation. So the team avoids that at all costs.

People with an ax to grind about Reid are usually the ones who scream about how involved he is with personnel on this team when in reality they're just making shit up and have no clue if it's true or not.

Wallcrawler
10-23-2021, 04:36 PM

If he were to retire at the end of this season, what do you think are the odds that we'd get an upgrade at head coach?

Hes up there for sure. Only coach with 100+ wins with two teams, 4straight NFC title appearances, 3 straight AFC title appearances, 3 superbowl appearances, two of them back to back with one win.

Guy has won a lot of games and gotten to a lot of big games. Only won a few of the biggest games though. If his shortcomings in situational football, clock management, and coaching in the moment has been better, when knows how many titles this dude has.

He never would have made it out of Philly for sure and they'd have a statue of the guy built a mile wide.

No matter how much anyone loves Reid, or fanboys for him, it is undeniable that the dude just has some flat out head scratchers that a coach doing this over two decades simply should not have.

I'm not saying he should be fired, or retire, but it wouldnt piss me off if the guy drew upon two decades worth of "oof" situations, remember how those played out, and do something different.

Its like he retains no knowledge of any of that shit. Just keeps doin it, just jeeps talking about how it starts with him, just keeps talking about doing a better job.

crayzkirk
10-23-2021, 04:42 PM
I was someone that has been critical of Reid. Part of that was the hiring of a coach who was fired from his previous job. He was part of the reason that the Chiefs now have Mahomes so not matter what faults he may have (real or imagined), I just have to accept that I was wrong.

Right now, I think the only thing really affecting the Chiefs is their own success. And the fact that every single time that the ball could bounce against them, it has so far this year. It won't continue.

PurpleJesus28
10-23-2021, 04:46 PM
I hear a lot of good things about Kafka,although i dont know a lot about him.Is he someone who could be a hc candidate here eventually,or will he jump ship before we find out ?

Wallcrawler
10-23-2021, 05:27 PM
If Reid were to retire and a new coach were to inherit Mahomes and this offense, all he would have to do as a head coach is just not step on his own dick and its a playoff appearance. Who knows, maybe if whoever came in knew more than jack shit about defense he could actually get that unit to a point where they pull their fair share of the load and maybe just maybe steal Mahomes and the offense the ball back once in a while.

Reid is a good coach, but its not the end of the world if he rides off into the sunset.

JakeF
10-23-2021, 05:36 PM
Not this shit again.

Both Veach and Andy report to Hunt. Andy does all the coaching, and JUST LIKE ALL NFL COACHES, takes part in the scouting, drafting, and player development process when it comes to personnel decisions.

If your proof of this is "Dorsey got fired!" well, that miserable dumb bitch Dorsey also got fired in Cleveland. If he knew how to play nice with others, he'd still be in KC right now.

Nothing official was announced with the GM change. When Dorsey was around, the "final say" garbage that people make such a big deal out of went to Dorsey. That's what they said at the initial press conference. If final say now goes to Reid, who gives a shit? That's not taking control of the organization. The goal is to have your GM and HC on the same page when it comes to players. If there's a disconnect and one guy has to tell the other guy to get screwed, that's usually not the best situation. So the team avoids that at all costs.

People with an ax to grind about Reid are usually the ones who scream about how involved he is with personnel on this team when in reality they're just making shit up and have no clue if it's true or not.
If you actually think that Veach tells Andy Reid "No" about anything, then i have some property to sell you on the Vegas Strip.

Chris Meck
10-23-2021, 05:57 PM
Ah, the return of Jake from Bitch Farm.

Y'all got short fucking memories.

Some of you apparently don't remember Todd Haley and Herm fucking Edwards.

Shut the fuck up.

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-23-2021, 06:02 PM
Some serious stupid in here... Flintwhomever... is leaving, Jake should follow...

Pasta Little Brioni
10-23-2021, 06:13 PM

Better than anything Bill has ever done without Brady.
Delete this thread. I'm tired of the dumb fuck takes like this.

RealSNR
10-23-2021, 06:17 PM
If you actually think that Veach tells Andy Reid "No" about anything, then i have some property to sell you on the Vegas Strip.

I’ll bet Veach has disagreed with Andy about plenty of moves. And I’ll bet he’s even gotten his way on several of these disagreements. But the point is that both guys report to Hunt. If Veach really doesn’t want something to happen that Andy is all about, they’re going to try to pivot to different solutions and see if those can provide the same benefit for the team with more agreement.

Wouldn’t you rather have that situation and structure instead of the bullshit of one dominant GM that swung his dick around and did whatever the fuck he wanted? The way the Chiefs had always been run since before 2013? Remember when Vermeil and Carl disagreed and how that shit got out to the media? Remember fucking Pioli and every goddamn move he ever made?

Or how about the former case in LV where Gruden did everything and Mayock was just there to make pie charts and speak to the media?

This shit here works pretty well in KC I’d have to say

RealSNR
10-23-2021, 06:21 PM
Hes up there for sure. Only coach with 100+ wins with two teams, 4straight NFC title appearances, 3 straight AFC title appearances, 3 superbowl appearances, two of them back to back with one win.

Guy has won a lot of games and gotten to a lot of big games. Only won a few of the biggest games though. If his shortcomings in situational football, clock management, and coaching in the moment has been better, when knows how many titles this dude has.

He never would have made it out of Philly for sure and they'd have a statue of the guy built a mile wide.

No matter how much anyone loves Reid, or fanboys for him, it is undeniable that the dude just has some flat out head scratchers that a coach doing this over two decades simply should not have.

I'm not saying he should be fired, or retire, but it wouldnt piss me off if the guy drew upon two decades worth of "oof" situations, remember how those played out, and do something different.

Its like he retains no knowledge of any of that shit. Just keeps doin it, just jeeps talking about how it starts with him, just keeps talking about doing a better job.

Every head coach has flaws.

Every. Single. One.

We could pivot to the next all time great head coach after Reid leaves and you’d bitch about that guy the moment the team showed any kind of weakness or had a few losses

RealSNR
10-23-2021, 06:24 PM
Bill Simmons frequently says on The Ringer that when you think about how much sleep these guys get during the season (not much) that’s a huge contributing factor to why so many coaches don’t make smart choices in key moments.

I don’t have any proof, obviously, but it does make a shit ton of sense

TwistedChief
10-23-2021, 06:42 PM
Why should I leave? You're clearly the one having an issue seeing an opinion different from yours.

Because, my moronic Wallcrawer, this post was bumped not to discuss Andy Reid but to mock a member acting like a fool in another thread. But you decide, "Hey, this is the time to re-litigate an opinion I've already shared on this site again and again and lend credence to the guy who in 2018 was convinced Reid was never going to win anything."

It's not that I have any problem with any opinion that's different from mine; it's your searing lack of context and tunnel vision.

HayWire
10-23-2021, 06:46 PM
Bump a 3 year old thread and it sparks discussion.

Jewish Rabbi
10-23-2021, 06:49 PM

What the fuck kind of nerd ass dungeons and dragons analogy is this lmao.

Did you forget you were posting on Chiefsplanet not your furry message board?

Mennonite
10-23-2021, 07:00 PM
What the **** kind of nerd ass dungeons and dragons analogy is this lmao.

Hands up dont shoot!

https://i.imgur.com/nMPMrkX.gif

Chris Meck
10-23-2021, 07:04 PM
If any of us had known in 2013 that Reid would oversee two consecutive SB teams, winning one, and had acquired the generational talent at QB, every single damned one of us would've been over the fucking moon.

Some of you don't deserve this era of being a fan. You're miserable little shits.

Wallcrawler
10-23-2021, 07:24 PM
Because, my moronic Wallcrawer, this post was bumped not to discuss Andy Reid but to mock a member acting like a fool in another thread. But you decide, "Hey, this is the time to re-litigate an opinion I've already shared on this site again and again and lend credence to the guy who in 2018 was convinced Reid was never going to win anything."

It's not that I have any problem with any opinion that's different from mine; it's your searing lack of context and tunnel vision.

Lot of people were convinced Reid wasn't going to win anything after this collapse.

If you like to bump threads to mock people for shit they said when a playoff loss wound was still fresh, and then come back YEARS later to talk shit about what they thought,at that moment, well id say you probably need to work on not being a complete fucking shitbag.

But Im sure that you knew the Chiefs were going to win it all after Andy collected his second massive playoff collapse.

Fellate a Mossberg and enjoy a buckshot throatpie you condescending shitbag.

Jewish Rabbi
10-23-2021, 07:26 PM
Lot of people were convinced Reid wasn't going to win anything after this collapse.

If you like to bump threads to mock people for shit they said when a playoff loss wound was still fresh, and then come back YEARS later to talk shit about what they thought,at that moment, well id say you probably need to work on not being a complete fucking shitbag.

But Im sure that you knew the Chiefs were going to win it all after Andy collected his second massive playoff collapse.

If you’re even half as miserable in real life as you are on this website, I pity anyone who has the misfortune of having to interact with you.

Wallcrawler
10-23-2021, 07:27 PM
What the **** kind of nerd ass dungeons and dragons analogy is this lmao.

Its a pretty popular videogame franchise, but since you do little more with your thumbs than shove them up your ass, I wont fault you for being completely ignorant.

Carry on, deviant.

FlaChief58
10-23-2021, 07:38 PM
Did this bitch ban himself yet?

HayWire
10-23-2021, 07:40 PM

Simmer down Sally.

I'm the one who bumped this

TC is correct. I meant it to be funny because of the other thread

Get the tampon out of your sausage hole and have a laugh or two. Not everything needs to be a heated discussion.

Lzen
10-24-2021, 06:12 AM
Did we cut this piece of shit yet?
Flint Hills, not Reid.

BigRedChief
10-24-2021, 08:10 AM
I'm ****ing done. The tub of gelatinous goo can go **** himself. FIRE him or I quit
Damn how did I miss this? The Lulz are all over this thread. Fantastic thread. ROFL

Rainbarrel
10-24-2021, 08:28 AM
When will the touching of ourselves. Only for the maintenance of our health end? UHG!

RealSNR
10-24-2021, 08:36 AM

We were about to trade away Alex.

So yeah. I was confident Reid could get it done.

Marcellus
10-24-2021, 08:39 AM
The team has gotten worse since Andy Reid gained full control of the organization. I just don't think it's a good idea to have 1 person deciding everything. Who tells Andy "No" about anything? We need a GM with equal power.

Its not surprising someone with as regular stupid takes as you has no idea WTF you are talking about. The entire premise of your arguments is wrong.

Marcellus
10-24-2021, 08:40 AM

The difference is after 3 AFCCG in a row, 2 SB in a row and 1 SB win your dumb ass still questions it.

T-post Tom
10-24-2021, 08:59 AM
Dammit Carl! :cuss:

Bearcat
10-24-2021, 09:21 AM

The flip side is if you never go Full Pete and throw a chicken little tantrum on the internet, no one will ever have a chance to bump your tantrum years later. :shrug:

A lot of Chiefs fans knew the real problem was Alex Smith and every quarterback before him, and at that point without Mahomes starting, nothing else mattered.

I remember napping during the Colts playoff collapse and not sure how much of this Titans game I even watched. Every playoff appearance between the no-punt game and Mahomes' first playoff game was completely pointless. You don't need an ounce of hindsight to know that.

Easy 6
10-24-2021, 09:36 AM
Wow, Ballgnawer is SALTY!

Ming the Merciless
10-24-2021, 09:39 AM
what in the name of God were you injecting into your dick when you were asphyxiating yourself , Jerking off and then decided to type this pile of fetid diarrhea??

TwistedChief
10-24-2021, 09:39 AM

LOL. Do you read good? I didn’t bump the thread, you fucking imbecile. But please prove my point again and again about lack of context, tunnel vision, and being a moron.

Bearcat
10-24-2021, 11:49 AM
Watching what looks like a neutered offense is frustrating. They've always seemed to be all about 3rd and short, but now will run the ball on 2nd and 10 while Mahomes sticks to the pocket on the blatant passing downs.

ThyKingdomCome15
10-24-2021, 11:59 AM
I'm sick of us running 3 WR sets when we only have 1 good reciever. We need to run off power formations and PA fake more. Ya know, like TEN is doing. This isn't working.

Red Dawg
10-24-2021, 12:09 PM
I have no problem firing Andy. New staff means new ideas and new life.

thechiefsrback
this team sucks

chiefzilla1501
I like bieniemy. But the Chiefs need some shake up in the offense to bring in new ideas. And Bieniemy is not that guy.

A few years ago Reid was challenging coaches to teach him abiut new ideas. Even hired Childress to research the hell out of ideas. We need that again. I'm also not convinced Reid has the energy right now with all the distraction.

Part of me feels like we need to just get through the season. Hope the Britt Reid thing gets handled quickly and Reid can get closure.