PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So how did that happen?

RJ
01-06-2018, 07:38 PM
I decided to play golf today rather than watch the game. Cause Chiefs, right? But I checked the score at the half and things were looking good. I've been watching this team a long time (happy 50th Faniversary, RJ) and so I'm certainly not surprised. But I am curious how they managed to do it this time. How did they manage to not score a 2nd half point, at home, against the Titans? I'll hang up and listen.

Ragged Robin
01-06-2018, 07:41 PM
1. Reid made the offense curl up in a ball and throw countless WR screens for no gain in the 3rd quarter
2. Defense can't tackle, stop the run, or get off the field on 3rd down
3. Butker missed a FG

redfan
01-06-2018, 07:43 PM
Well, you see...through a series of inept play calls, bad luck, bizarre anti-home field advantage, it happened. Oh, and 2 stars got hurt,
A lot of people want to know why this happens, but they all know it's because chiefs.

PHOG
01-06-2018, 07:45 PM
Cause _______?

RJ
01-06-2018, 07:47 PM
Did Hunt only have 11 carries because of injury? Or was it because of Andy? I'm betting Andy.

tredadda
01-06-2018, 07:50 PM
Did Hunt only have 11 carries because of injury? Or was it because of Andy? I'm betting Andy.

You would have a winning bet there.

KranzDictum
01-06-2018, 08:19 PM
You guys got up 18 right before half. Peters was talking all sorts of trash during the 2nd and start of the 3rd Quarter. reek had a couple big drops early which could have made a difference. reek also ran the 1st kick of the game out of the end zone which was flagged and kfc started on the 8. Didn't help their cause.

Kelce was concussed in the 2nd Quarter I think. Alice had one scoring drive without him and that was in the 2 min O to end the half.

Then in the 3rd after turning it over once in the 1st half Tenn committed to the run game. DJ is old and Ragland was ragdolled multiple times and Henry ran over them hard. Henry busted a long TD which gave them a shot early in the 3rd Quarter. Had Marriotta not thrown an INT early in the game this could have been a worse loss.

Andy thought he could be cute with the passing game, failed to pound the ball with Hunt who finished with 11 carries. Lots of punts followed.

There was a muffed Punt return by Tenn, kfc recovered but Butker missed the 48 yard FG. Pressure finally got to him.

Marriotta rode Henry for another TD score, he finished it off catching his own pass for a TD, weirdest play everS! They tried a 2pt PAT and failed, 16-21 at this point with 11 minutes left in the game.

Another punt.

Tenn pounded the ball on the ground for a TD pass to Decker with some 6 min left. They again failed to convert a 2pt play. 22-21. On the PAT Marriotta was sacked, his progress stopped and the ref blew him dead, that was a good whistle, I think DJ was taking it in but they whistled him dead. That would have given you guys 2 points if he scored.

alice drove past the 50 and the drive stalled after a hold on 1st down making it 1st and 9. alice ran the ball and the hold was called a spot foul. On 3rd and 9 alice dropped back and ran a fire drill when no one was open getting only back to the LOS. On 4th and 9 he over threw Wilson because he isn't a consistent deep ball thrower and didn't have Kelce to bail him out.

Tenn took over with 2:15 left in the game. Henry ran a great run for an easy 1st down to take it to the 2 min warning. The D had everyone in the box on the next 2 runs. On 2nd down Peters made it unblocked to the runner and stripped it but Henry's butt was down, the ball came out and DJ took it to the house, it was overturned on replay. It was a good call. Henry put the game away on 3rd and 11 by running through a stacked box D for the last 1st down.

There was a strip sack that was whistled early. The ref was quick to blow the whistle but he was consistent all night.

I think that is about right but I am 50 and a Bronco fan.

kcxiv
01-06-2018, 08:19 PM
Exactly like the colts game. Offense stalled in the 2nd half, and defense sucked in the 2nd half.

Its almost exactly the same.

Hamwallet
01-06-2018, 08:20 PM
Bob Sutton does not know how to adjust his game plan.

Prison Bitch
01-06-2018, 08:20 PM
Succop hit a 49
Buttlicker missed a 48

Ballgame

kcxiv
01-06-2018, 08:21 PM

eh, as much as Hunt needed more carries, we went away from what was effective in the first half, throwing down the middle. They completely went and turtled up with lame ass screens. When they dropped back and fired the ball downfield they were effective, they went away from that.

ITs the same shit as always.

carcosa
01-06-2018, 08:21 PM
Chiefs did Chiefs things

Rain Man
01-06-2018, 08:22 PM
Two fumble recoveries on sacks were negated because Jeff Triplette said that their "forward progress was stopped". Both were bogus.

The Chiefs lost one possession because after the Titans hit Colquitt, an "unnecessary roughness" penalty was called on #40, no wait, #45, of the Chiefs, despite the fact that no flag was ever thrown.

Mariota threw a pass beyond the line of scrimmage in clear violation of Rule 8, Article 1, Section 3, of the NFL rulebook, and it was batted down right into his hands, allowing him to score a touchdown.

Butker missed a rare field goal.

The Chiefs dropped four passes that hit them right in the numbers.

The Chiefs ran the ball roughly 11 times in the entire game despite holding a 21-3 lead at halftime.

The offense completely shut itself down midway in the second quarter, refusing to throw downfield despite the fact that it was working great. The second half was entirely three yard routes with no runs.

The Chiefs got a miracle fumble recovery and touchdown at the end to win it, which was astoundingly exciting and then reversed upon review.

On 3rd and 10 with a 1:30 left in the game, the Titans running back got a first down on a run wide, fueled in part by the fact that the quarterback handed the ball off to him, then somehow ran ahead of him and completely sealed Frank Zombo off the edge.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-06-2018, 08:22 PM
Andy Reid hijacking play calling and Triplette happened.

King_Chief_Fan
01-06-2018, 08:23 PM
You guys got up 18 right before half. Peters was talking all sorts of trash during the 2nd and start of the 3rd Quarter. reek had a couple big drops early which could have made a difference. reek also ran the 1st kick of the game out of the end zone which was flagged and kfc started on the 8. Didn't help their cause.

Kelce was concussed in the 2nd Quarter I think. Alice had one scoring drive without him and that was in the 2 min O to end the half.

Then in the 3rd after turning it over once in the 1st half Tenn committed to the run game. DJ is old and Ragland was ragdolled multiple times and Henry ran over them hard. Henry busted a long TD which gave them a shot early in the 3rd Quarter. Had Marriotta not thrown an INT early in the game this could have been a worse loss.

Andy thought he could be cute with the passing game, failed to pound the ball with Hunt who finished with 11 carries. Lots of punts followed.

There was a muffed Punt return by Tenn, kfc recovered but Butker missed the 48 yard FG. Pressure finally got to him.

Marriotta rode Henry for another TD score, he finished it off catching his own pass for a TD, weirdest play everS! They tried a 2pt PAT and failed, 16-21 at this point with 11 minutes left in the game.

Another punt.

Tenn pounded the ball on the ground for a TD pass to Decker with some 6 min left. They again failed to convert a 2pt play. 22-21. On the PAT Marriotta was sacked, his progress stopped and the ref blew him dead, that was a good whistle, I think DJ was taking it in but they whistled him dead. That would have given you guys 2 points if he scored.

alice drove past the 50 and the drive stalled after a hold on 1st down making it 1st and 9. alice ran the ball and the hold was called a spot foul. On 3rd and 9 alice dropped back and ran a fire drill when no one was open getting only back to the LOS. On 4th and 9 he over threw Wilson because he isn't a consistent deep ball thrower and didn't have Kelce to bail him out.

Tenn took over with 2:15 left in the game. Henry ran a great run for an easy 1st down to take it to the 2 min warning. The D had everyone in the box on the next 2 runs. On 2nd down Peters made it unblocked to the runner and stripped it but Henry's butt was down, the ball came out and DJ took it to the house, it was overturned on replay. It was a good call. Henry put the game away on 3rd and 11 by running through a stacked box D for the last 1st down.

There was a strip sack that was whistled early. The ref was quick to blow the whistle but he was consistent all night.

I think that is about right but I am 50 and a Bronco fan.

Did u mention the missed FG by Buttkicker? I think this this whole thing is is fault :D

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-06-2018, 08:23 PM
https://j.gifs.com/KZ5l4z.gif

Sandy Vagina
01-06-2018, 08:24 PM
1. drops
2. officiating
3. o-playcalls with the lead
4. wretched defense
5. an underwhelming run game

Rain Man
01-06-2018, 08:37 PM
https://j.gifs.com/KZ5l4z.gif

And just in case anyone has a question about when the ball came out, watch the video in this link:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/949775660817371136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbssports.com%2Fnfl%2Fnews%2Frefs-struggle-as-travis-kelce-ruled-out-after-being-injured-on-controversial-play%2F

bobbything
01-06-2018, 08:40 PM
21-3 lead in the third, leagues leading rusher and we only give it to him 11 times. We opt to throw the ball sideways 20 times for -49 yards.

We got Andied.

Titty Meat
01-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Game changed when Jones got hurt. Titans went 7/7 on third downs I think 5 were 3&9 or longer

iDeaL
01-06-2018, 08:42 PM
1. Reid made the offense curl up in a ball and throw countless WR screens for no gain in the 3rd quarter
2. Defense can't tackle, stop the run, or get off the field on 3rd down
3. Butker missed a FG

Don't forget that, right before the half, we forced and recovered a fumble that was somehow not reviewable. The Titans got 3 points there. So on top of everything the Chiefs did to fuck themselves, the refs piled on a little.

KranzDictum
01-06-2018, 08:42 PM
Did u mention the missed FG by Buttkicker? I think this this whole thing is is fault :D

Yes I did. I think a lot of guys choked when the pressure was on.

People talking about the lack of pass rush but it was the lack of run D that hurt the most. Get one stop on 3rd and 11 or 3rd and 10 on the ground. Peters went for a strip rather than the tackle that cost them a 1st down in the red zone to set up one TD.

Not using Hunt after Kelce went down wasn't wise either.

KranzDictum
01-06-2018, 08:44 PM
Don't forget that, right before the half, we forced and recovered a fumble that was somehow not reviewable. The Titans got 3 points there. So on top of everything the Chiefs did to **** themselves, the refs piled on a little.

Lots of excuses for this loss.

Having Kelce concussed didn't help either.

BigRedChief
01-06-2018, 08:45 PM
https://j.gifs.com/KZ5l4z.gifthats 3 points off the board. Another 2 points off the board on the 2 point try fail.

Should have been 23-19 Chiefs With 2:00 left in the game.

KranzDictum
01-06-2018, 08:48 PM
Chris Jones didn't come back late either right? He was hurt too right? That didn't help the run D late.

Henry had like 156 yards rushing.

Also Tenn shot themselves in their foot just as bad as you guys got jobbed on quick whistles. If Marriotta doesn't throw that INT, it is probably a closer game at the half and could have been a bigger margin of victory by Tenn. There were a bunch of offsides and FS that really hurt them early.

Clyde Frog
01-06-2018, 08:57 PM
Chris Jones didn't come back late either right? He was hurt too right? That didn't help the run D late.

Also Tenn shot themselves in their foot just as bad as you guys got jobbed on quick whistles. If Marriotta doesn't throw that INT, it is probably a closer game at the half and could have been a bigger margin of victory by Tenn. There were a bunch of offsides and FS that really hurt them early.

You're relishing in this aren't you? Funny how you conveniently show up to play the "outside observer" role when KC does their yearly choke. Enjoy your bi-yearly rapes by the biggest choco peen you have ever felt for the next decade. Definitely wont see you lurking here after those games.

ping2000
01-06-2018, 09:00 PM
Why in the fuck did we never blitz like that the rest of the game? Fuck you Bob Sutton dick eater.

kcxiv
01-06-2018, 09:06 PM

That INT was more of Peters being really good then Mariota fucking up. If you watch you see peters come off his guy to make the play. It was a great play by Peters

FloridaMan88
01-06-2018, 09:06 PM
3rd downs... in the second half Tennessee was like 7/7 on third down conversions (including several 3rd and long conversions) while the Chiefs offense couldn’t convert 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 in the second half.

Reerun_KC
01-06-2018, 09:07 PM
We had the ball with 3 time outs and 6 min to drive for a FG or a TD to end the game.

Then alex.

FloridaMan88
01-06-2018, 09:10 PM
We had the ball with 3 time outs and 6 min to drive for a FG or a TD to end the game.

Then alex.

Alex on 3rd and 9 immediately gives up at the slightest hint of pressure, head goes down, play over.

If the Chiefs even get 4-5 yards on that 3rd down it makes the 4th down more manageable.

PAChiefsGuy
01-06-2018, 09:13 PM
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.8597qodDSwlFlyC0EdSppwHaE6&pid=Api

Rain Man
01-06-2018, 09:14 PM
They should have tried the 61 yard field goal. I had far more faith in Butker to convert than than the offense converting a 4th and 9.

nascher
01-06-2018, 09:19 PM
lol

Only158
01-06-2018, 09:24 PM

Then alex.
This ^!!! And by the way...the last 5 yrs this ^!!!