PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Time to Blow It Up

Marada
01-06-2018, 09:15 PM
As disappointed as I am over the last 2 seasons as well as having seen all six of the home playoff loses, I will remain a Chiefs Fan. That being said, it's time to blow it up. The 1 thing all the past loses have shown us is that you have to have a complete team. We have come close with all Defense and no Offense. We have come close with all Offense and no Defense. Heck, we have come close with just great Special Teams. But the teams that advance are always balanced. This year, even early on, you could tell this was not a playoff team. Sure, we have play makers but first and fore most that battle is won by the line play. On the offensive side our live was average on pass protection and well below average on rune support. The team got production by using a complicated scheme that as teams saw they adjusted for. On the defensive side, the line was never able to put constant pressure on a QB and linebackers could not stop running games. There may be disagreement but the Chiefs Secondary was above average. They were just asked to do too much.
We have some young playmakers and some up and coming players. Time to blow this team up for a year or 2. Get Cap space back. Get young hungry players to go with our existing playmakers. Get an Offensive Line that will allow us to run at will. Get a Defensive Line that gets to a QB while smothering runs on the way to him. I watched the 1st two Super Bowls the Chiefs played in. I watched the decline of the 70's, the despair of the 80's. I was there for Martyball. I have seen every Chiefs Quarterback since Lenny. I just want to see the Chiefs in the Super Bowl one more time. I never would have thought that I would see the Royal's in 4 World Series before the Chiefs reached the Super Bowl.

carcosa
01-06-2018, 09:16 PM
Thank you!!!!!!

Best22
01-06-2018, 09:18 PM
100% correct

Clyde Frog
01-06-2018, 09:19 PM
Thank you!!!!!!

QFThank you!!

FloridaMan88
01-06-2018, 09:20 PM
The defense needs to be gutted.

And that includes $130 million bust Juston Houston.

Prison Bitch
01-06-2018, 09:21 PM

After Lin Elliot, hard for me to remember anyone I hated more than this asshole

prhom
01-06-2018, 09:23 PM

Yep, as sad as that it, he needs to go. He’s been given plenty of time to return to form. It’s not gonna happen with us. He might if he gets a wake up call being cut, but as long as he’s getting paid by us he will be average to below average. He’s essentially been a non-factor for 2.5 years now.

I hope I’m wrong, but we very well might be saying the same thing about Berry a year from now. I’m convinced he only mega contracts a team should give out is to a franchise QB and all-pro LT.

FloridaMan88
01-06-2018, 09:27 PM
Not an exaggeration to say that the only players worth definitely keeping on defense are Peters, Berry, Chris Jones and Ragland.

Everyone else should be fair game to replace.

FlintHillsChiefs
01-06-2018, 09:32 PM
Honestly, a culling is necessary. That includes Smith, Houston, Hali and Im too drunk to get the rest. The idea is we strip the team down to the roots, no extraneous pulp. The fluff needs to go.

Bewbies
01-06-2018, 09:34 PM
Not an exaggeration to say that the only players worth definitely keeping on defense are Peters, Berry, Chris Jones and Ragland.

Everyone else should be fair game to replace.

Not disagreeing with you, but one would think when the defense looks that bad isn't not just the talent.

Maybe we can find someone who can make our defense do what the Rams did as a team this year...

Sassy Squatch
01-06-2018, 09:34 PM
Honestly, a culling is necessary. That includes Smith, Houston, Hali and Im too drunk to get the rest. The idea is we strip the team down to the roots, no extraneous pulp. The fluff needs to go.
Smith
Hali
Johnson
Parker
Bailey

All easy cap casualties. Add in Zombo, Sorenson, and the overpaid turds on the OL for my piece of mind,

iDeaL
01-06-2018, 09:38 PM
While the opening night win was great, the Berry injury was a death knell... I knew we wouldn't overcome that. Berry covers up other peoples inadequacies and even some of Sutton's. Dude makes 3 or 4 plays a game that just make you say, "DAMN he's good." Also we shouldnt underestimate the injury to Conley... he's a solid possession receiver. Maybe could have made a few big catches in this game down the stretch after Kelce went out.

Reerun_KC
01-06-2018, 09:43 PM

This.

BossPooper
01-06-2018, 10:01 PM
I don't want to see him cut. I want to see Justin Houston get his ass kicked. Fuckin' soft served ice cream.

Ghost of Maslowski
01-06-2018, 10:03 PM
paging Dr Strangeloss, your playoff game is waiting

Red Dawg
01-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Houston is damaged. I am all in on trading him. Won't happen buy wouldn't be mad. This off season should be all about Mahomes being protected and having playmakers. Not bums like Wilson and Hattis.

redshirt32
01-06-2018, 11:12 PM
We gave up the farm for PM, agree time to move on.
Gut the D and Sutton add a true WO and a 2nd TE who can catch a pass.
OL and DL is key.
LB has been a problem forever and a 2nd CB worth a shit.
To many holes to fill
Sutton should be gone time clean house.

bevischief
01-06-2018, 11:50 PM
We gave up the farm for PM, agree time to move on.
Gut the D and Sutton add a true WO and a 2nd TE who can catch a pass.
OL and DL is key.
LB has been a problem forever and a 2nd CB worth a shit.
To many holes to fill
Sutton should be gone time clean house.
This is a start.

Easy 6
01-07-2018, 01:45 PM
Like everyone else, I'm all in on a D rebuild, and we'll see that happen no doubt... but if they let Sutton stick around, it will all be for nothing

And my honest to God gut feeling is that he isnt going anywhere...

frozenchief
01-07-2018, 01:56 PM
Even Teacher, one of the biggest homers there is in the press, says it might be time to move from Andy:

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/80909/andy-reid-may-not-be-right-coach-for-chiefs-after-latest-playoff-collapse

If it is obvious enough for Teacher then it should be obvious enough for Hunt.

NWTF
01-07-2018, 02:19 PM
Even Teacher, one of the biggest homers there is in the press, says it might be time to move from Andy:

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/80909/andy-reid-may-not-be-right-coach-for-chiefs-after-latest-playoff-collapse

If it is obvious enough for Teacher then it should be obvious enough for Hunt.

Andy is the cats meow to Clark. Clark wanted Andy Reid before Andy Reid was ever available. The thing is Andy may be delivering everything Clark desires in a HC. Clark's all about stability and regular season relevancy.

lcarus
01-07-2018, 02:29 PM
I like Mahomes, Hill, Hunt, Kelce, Jones, Ragland, Berry, Peters. And Butker is fine. That's 4 players on each side of the ball and a kicker. Get brand new coaches that aren't mouth-breathing retards and 14 guys off the street that give a shit and let's go.

hitchief
01-07-2018, 02:36 PM
They started this process when the moved up and traded the picks for Patrick last year.

Writing was on the wall as far as the D was concerned and they did almost nothing to address it in the offseason.

They will be good on O if they can get a mauler at LG or C.

D is a 2-3 year deal so get ready for more of the same going forward.

GordonGekko
01-07-2018, 02:44 PM
I like Mahomes, Hill, Hunt, Kelce, Jones, Ragland, Berry, Peters. And Butker is fine. That's 4 players on each side of the ball and a kicker. Get brand new coaches that aren't mouth-breathing retards and 14 guys off the street that give a shit and let's go.

Give the Chiefs a Ryan or a Brees and we win that game yesterday and would seriously go challenge New England. It's remarkably how close the Chiefs are to being really good, we just have not had that premiere QB since Dawson and would you look at that we haven't won a championship since him either. I wonder if there is a correlation?

The band-aid era of QBs in KC is over, but to completely blow up a team and potentially miss the playoffs for a decade is stupid. Look at all of the NFL teams who continually struggle just to make the playoffs, and then they make the playoffs for one year and are then ousted for like another 5 years. The Chiefs continually making the playoffs is a great block to build from, to go all the way to scratch and be in the Browns situation would be an absolute nightmare.

Demonpenz
01-07-2018, 02:45 PM
v

Coogs
01-07-2018, 02:46 PM
Give the Chiefs a Ryan or a Brees and we win that game yesterday and would seriously go challenge New England. It's remarkably how close the Chiefs are to being really good, we just have not had that premiere QB since Dawson and would you look at that we haven't won a championship since him either. I wonder if there is a correlation?

The band-aid era of QBs in KC is over, but to completely blow up a team and potentially miss the playoffs for a decade is stupid. Look at all of the NFL teams who continually struggle just to make the playoffs, and then they make the playoffs for one year and are then ousted for like another 5 years. The Chiefs continually making the playoffs is a great block to build from, to go all the way to scratch and be in the Browns situation would be an absolute nightmare.

:clap:

New scheme on defense with a few additions. Change at QB on offense. Let's roll!

Eleazar
01-07-2018, 02:49 PM
How can anybody have watched the Chiefs the last two years field one of the worst defenses in the league and think we're just a player or two away?

JakeF
01-07-2018, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure it matters since we are keeping Andy Reid. He isn't going to fire any coaches so we will continue to have the same problems going forward.

Coogs
01-07-2018, 02:52 PM
How can anybody have watched the Chiefs the last two years field one of the worst defenses in the league and think we're just a player or two away?

A couple equals 2.

A few is more than 2, and not necessarily capped at 3.

Chiefshrink
01-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Give the Chiefs a Ryan or a Brees and we win that game yesterday

Nah, not with Andy's play calling in the 2nd half. But I get your point.

GordonGekko
01-07-2018, 02:55 PM
v

ROFL, even the In-N-Out colors are Chiefs colors, or is it the other way round? Do the Chiefs have In-N-Out colors? Which franchise came first? Fuck...

GordonGekko
01-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Nah, not with Andy's play calling in the 2nd half. But I get your point.

If we hadn't lost Kelce we win that game yesterday, too. But AS has to go as NE would have nuked us...