PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We need to trade/cut these players to improve the team

BigRedChief
01-07-2018, 09:49 AM
Cut:
$8.7 million = Ford
$8 million = DJ
$8 million = Hali
$5 million = Parker
$4.5 million = Reavis
$5.95 million = Tardif

Trade:
$17 million = Smith

Cut players = $40.15 Million
Smith = $17 million
Current cap room = $4.8 million

2018 Total cap savings and room = $61.95 Million

Plan:

Trade Smith for whatever we can get in draft picks. Use those picks to get the best defensive players available.
Use our cap room to buy the best defensive help available
Use our 2nd rounder on defense
Use our 3rd rounder on the O-line
4-7 best defense or O-line available

Numbers from:
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/

Hammock Parties
01-07-2018, 09:53 AM
Tardif isn't getting cut, moron. He's one of the league's best guards.

dirk digler
01-07-2018, 09:54 AM
Outside of not cutting Tardif I agree.

Skyy God
01-07-2018, 10:59 AM
is Ford able to be cut??

O.city
01-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Tardif and Parker aren’t leaving

Everyone else can gtfo

GloucesterChief
01-07-2018, 11:04 AM
is Ford able to be cut??

Yes. He should be. He is a bust and injury prone.

Abba-Dabba
01-07-2018, 11:06 AM
How many concussions did Kelce suffer this year? 2 or 3? Is that 5 for a career? How long before the NFL steps in?

Not saying he needs cut. Just needs to be a concern moving forward.

CrossCheck
01-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Tardif?

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2018, 11:08 AM
As others have mentioned, it's a no on Tardif. He's only gotten better, and is a really good player at this point.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-07-2018, 11:12 AM
So Morse is a giant question mark and Fulton is due for a contract? Shit.

lcarus
01-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Bailey, Zombo, Devey, Sorensen, Witzmann, Logan, Ford, Bray, Charles. Bye.

I assume DJ and Hali are retiring. If not, bye.

Best22
Time to cut our $5 million punter

Easy 6
You really shit in your mess kit on Tardif, but other than that I like the plan

I'd also throw another talented youngster into the receiver corp, a big Alshon Jeffrey jump ball type

TigeRRUppeRRcut
How many concussions did Kelce suffer this year? 2 or 3? Is that 5 for a career? How long before the NFL steps in?

Not saying he needs cut. Just needs to be a concern moving forward.

Two. He does a pretty bad job out there protecting his body.
Lunging and leaping for a few more yards isn't the best way to stretch out your career.

Side note: Remember when he used to fumble in the clutch his first 2 seasons? Glad that problem went away.

kcpasco
01-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Tigger they could free up cash by cutting or trading the dead weight. Starting with your boyfriend Alex.

58-4ever
01-07-2018, 11:16 AM
Time to cut our $5 million punter

Yup, love the guy, but his struggles this year prove that we can get the same performance for 4.7 million less (give or take)

Trading Alex is a foregone conclusion. I'd love to have the first pick of the 2nd round from the Browns. I'd then use that pick to get the best pass rusher available.

Cutting Hali is probably certain as well.

I'd also try and sign another safety on the FA Market.

Finally, keep drafting corners and you'll hit every once in a while.

Red Dawg
01-07-2018, 11:19 AM
More OL in FA and draft heavy defense. If we can upgrade at WR then get one.

tmax63
01-07-2018, 11:19 AM
Berry and Houston are close to 25mil between them.

Aspengc8
01-07-2018, 11:22 AM
you left off sorensen and zombo.

kcpasco
01-07-2018, 11:24 AM

They are fine as depth.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Would anyone take Houston's contract if the Chiefs throw in mid-round pick?

oldman
01-07-2018, 11:30 AM
I pretty much agree with what you said, with the exception of LDT. He's pretty solid and just keeps getting better. A year from now, he'll be a steal. I'm kind of on the fence about Parker. At $5M, I'm inclined to say no way, but I don't see anyone currently on the roster to take his place. I'm sure a FA upgrade would cost us more and we haven't had the best of luck drafting safeties (Berry excluded). Gaines and Ford can take the next bus out of town. DJ and Tamba, your time has come and it's just best for you to be able to smile to the cheers at your ROH ceremony.

Hoover
01-07-2018, 11:33 AM
More OL in FA and draft heavy defense. If we can upgrade at WR then get one.

No. The only money (cap space) we are going to spend on the oline will be at the center position Either we are extending Morse or signing Fulton to a long term deal. The rest of the "investment" in that group will be a mid-range draft pick every year (3rd or 4th round perferably). For next season we already bring back Irving for OT depth, Ehinger at OG, and Morse if we are keeping Fulton.

Of any position group, the Chiefs are set up well on the oline. No need to do something drastic (stupid) here. Just keep adding mid round talent to the group and we are in great shape.

Where the Chiefs need to invest (draft and FA) is defense. OLB, CB, DB, DL.

Basically while Mahomes is on his rookie contract we are not going to spend shit there because our QB, RB, WR are all on rookie deals and Kelse is rather cheap.

Yesterday sucked, but our future is really exciting. It's always darkest before the dawn.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2018, 11:36 AM
No. The only money (cap space) we are going to spend on the oline will be at the center position Either we are extending Morse or signing Fulton to a long term deal. The rest of the "investment" in that group will be a mid-range draft pick every year (3rd or 4th round perferably). For next season we already bring back Irving for OT depth, Ehinger at OG, and Morse if we are keeping Fulton.

Of any position group, the Chiefs are set up well on the oline. No need to do something drastic (stupid) here. Just keep adding mid round talent to the group and we are in great shape.

Where the Chiefs need to invest (draft and FA) is defense. OLB, CB, DB, DL.

Basically while Mahomes is on his rookie contract we are not going to spend shit there because our QB, RB, WR are all on rookie deals and Kelse is rather cheap.

Yesterday sucked, but our future is really exciting. It's always darkest before the dawn.

People have to remember too that the OL is likely to look better than it ever has with Mahomes' pocket presence.

Aspengc8
01-07-2018, 11:37 AM
They are fine as depth.

they are terrible. neither would start for any othwr team in the NFL. zombo was blown off the line so many times last night, including letting mariotta block him to end the game.

Hoover
01-07-2018, 11:38 AM
I pretty much agree with what you said, with the exception of LDT. He's pretty solid and just keeps getting better. A year from now, he'll be a steal. I'm kind of on the fence about Parker. At $5M, I'm inclined to say no way, but I don't see anyone currently on the roster to take his place. I'm sure a FA upgrade would cost us more and we haven't had the best of luck drafting safeties (Berry excluded). Gaines and Ford can take the next bus out of town. DJ and Tamba, your time has come and it's just best for you to be able to smile to the cheers at your ROH ceremony.
We have so many bad contracts coming off the books this offseason there is no need to force the issue with a guy like Parker. I think Bailey, Revis and Ford fall into this catagory as well.

You can make a call on Parker after next season in my book. We probably will get more out of Bailey, Ford, and Revis in the last years of their contracts than you do with the cap space they provide or the compensation you get in a trade.

Heck with Ford I imagine we would get a decent comp pick so long as he's ok next season.

oldman
01-07-2018, 11:40 AM
People have to remember too that the OL is likely to look better than it ever has with Mahomes' pocket presence.

Which will negate the obligatory "Alex Smith extends plays with his feet" comments from the announcing crew. Find the receiver, throw the ball, Alex.

Easy 6
01-07-2018, 11:40 AM

So true, nonetheless I still want a nasty ass new LG who, as KC Crow so eloquently put it 'hates people'

mcaj22
01-07-2018, 11:42 AM
They are fine as depth.

Sorensons contract jumps to 4 million next year, absolutely not worth that as depth and in trouble if hes still a starter

Hoover
01-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Me too, hopefully he's there in the 3rd round because we can't afford to buy that guy on the open market.

ChiliConCarnage
01-07-2018, 11:43 AM

Sorenson and Tardif are on new contracts. No way either is gone unless they smang Clarks wife. The dead money cap hit would make it silly

lcarus
01-07-2018, 11:44 AM
You really shit in your mess kit on Tardif, but other than that I like the plan

I'd also throw another talented youngster into the receiver corp, a big Alshon Jeffrey jump ball type

Yes and yes. Need a talented possession receiver for Mahomes to throw to. Sucks we have all little guys at WR. We need someone like Jon Baldwin, except good.

The Franchise
01-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Who is Gains? Because if you mean Gaines....then you’re an idiot. He’s already a FA and he’s not making $5 million.

BigRedChief
01-07-2018, 12:18 PM
Who is Gains? Because if you mean Gaines....then you’re an idiot. He’s already a FA and he’s not making $5 million.
The numbers were from the provided link. As far as the NFL cap space goes, it's a pretty reputable site. I guess they make mistakes too?

BigRedChief
01-07-2018, 12:20 PM
You really shit in your mess kit on Tardif, but other than that I like the planokay I'm an idiot on Tardif.:facepalm:

But, it looks like the consensus if that the rest of the plan seems solid.

The Franchise
01-07-2018, 12:20 PM
The numbers were from the provided link. As far as the NFL cap space goes, it's a pretty reputable site. I guess they make mistakes too?

Gaines isn’t even on the list from the link you provided. So what the fuck are you talking about?

BigRedChief
01-07-2018, 12:25 PM
Gaines isn’t even on the list from the link you provided. So what the **** are you talking about?sorry for the confusion. I removed Gains and adjusted the numbers in the OP.

BigRedChief
01-07-2018, 03:34 PM
I'd also throw another talented youngster into the receiver corp, a big Alshon Jeffrey jump ball typethats always going to be a good addition. But, I think that Kelce, Hunt and Hill are enough playmakers for Mahomes for right now. The defense needs a lot more and better players or it's going to drag the whole team down.

KranzDictum
01-07-2018, 03:50 PM
You guys have to remember Peters has been an issue on the team. There were rumblings about his behavior this year. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to move him to get a boat load of picks to build a new D around. Is he worth the issues, probably but do you find a guy who is willing to give up 1st downs rather than make tackles short of the marker for a couple INT's a year? They got no points off his lone pick yesterday.

Easy 6
01-07-2018, 03:55 PM
thats always going to be a good addition. But, I think that Kelce, Hunt and Hill are enough playmakers for Mahomes for right now. The defense needs a lot more and better players or it's going to drag the whole team down.

Yeah, I wouldnt say receiver is a huge priority, with Conley coming back St Pat will have enough to work with

Defense needs to be king this offseason, but IF we could get ahold of another big body... I wouldnt complain

JakeF
01-07-2018, 04:01 PM
We have 50 million in cap space that is pretty easy to free up. Our cap space situation is fine, it's the draft picks we traded away that is the bigger issue right now. We only have 4 picks with 2 additional 7th round picks possible from conditional trades.

2nd
3rd
4th
6th

7th(conditional)
7th(conditional)

NJChiefsFan
01-07-2018, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I wouldnt say receiver is a huge priority, with Conley coming back St Pat will have enough to work with

Defense needs to be king this offseason, but IF we could get ahold of another big body... I wouldnt complain

Agreed. Don't want a wr if it means we pass on improving the defense.

BigRedChief
01-07-2018, 04:09 PM
We have 50 million in cap space that is pretty easy to free up. Our cap space situation is fine, it's the draft picks we traded away that is the bigger issue right now. We only have 4 picks with 2 additional 7th round picks possible from conditional trades.

2nd
3rd
4th
6th

7th(conditional)
7th(conditional)most of the talking heads on the pregame shows were saying that they could see the Chiefs getting 2 2nd rounders for Smith. One in 2018 and the other in 2019.

That would give us 2 picks in the 2nd round this year. We could package them into a higher slot and take a good CB. If not, we can take DL and or LB with the 2nd rounders.

Hoover
01-07-2018, 04:12 PM

2nd
3rd
4th
6th

7th(conditional)
7th(conditional)
Its not an issue. Its an issue for fans who like to have draft picks to dream about.

We are able to have all that cap space because we traded this years pick for our QB.

On offense this team basically have its starting oline and backups mostly set.
Our WR corps are mostly set.
TE - Set, need depth.
RB - Set

With their 2nd and third round picks the Chiefs need to find defensive starters or atlease guys who can contribute right away. Thats all. OLB, DL, and DB.

Yeah we have limited picks, but we have cap space, Mahomes, Ragland, and Irving.

We're fine.

Hoover
01-07-2018, 04:14 PM
most of the talking heads on the pregame shows were saying that they could see the Chiefs getting 2 2nd rounders for Smith. One in 2018 and the other in 2019.

That would give us 2 picks in the 2nd round this year. We could package them into a higher slot and take a good CB. If not, we can take DL and or LB with the 2nd rounders.
If we have two second rounders this year, I would hope we take two players.

There will be plenty of talent. Trust your scouting department, stop trying to hit the lottery.

big nasty kcnut
01-07-2018, 04:15 PM
Cutting revis? He's been good.

hitchief
01-07-2018, 04:22 PM

Man, the god like status you idiots are putting on this kid are insane.

I sure hope he pans out and balls out but they are not making the playoffs next season. The D is going to be worse not better. The old studs are turning into duds (that includes Houston and possibly a slower Berry).

To put all this on Pat is stupid crazy bats***. He's not overcoming a crappy D. He's not turning Wilson into a pro bowler and he's not gonna make the oline block better.

BigRedChief
01-07-2018, 04:22 PM
Cutting revis? He's been good.its not only the salary, he gets a big bonus if he's on the roster on opening day 2019. Millions more.

Hoover
01-07-2018, 04:23 PM
And he's cheap next year. Something like 4 million.

Hoover
01-07-2018, 04:25 PM
its not only the salary, he gets a big bonus if he's on the roster on opening day 2019. Millions more.
he had something in his deal about playing in the AFC championship game, so that's not in there. He costs 4.5 million if we want to keep him.

Again, cap space is only great if there is somthing out there you really need.

BryanBusby
01-07-2018, 04:26 PM
he had something in his deal about playing in the AFC championship game, so that's not in there. He costs 4.5 million if we want to keep him.

Again, cap space is only great if there is somthing out there you really need.
If only you could roll that shit over.......

Coach
01-07-2018, 04:27 PM
And he's cheap next year. Something like 4 million.

Incorrect.

$10 million team option for 2018.

Coach
01-07-2018, 04:29 PM
In total, Revis could make $10 million next season if he is on the Chiefs roster, with $1.015 million coming in base salary, $8.8 million from the weekly roster bonus and $185,000 through the workout bonus.

Bob Dole
01-07-2018, 04:31 PM
You guys have to remember Peters has been an issue on the team. There were rumblings about his behavior this year. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to move him to get a boat load of picks to build a new D around. Is he worth the issues, probably but do you find a guy who is willing to give up 1st downs rather than make tackles short of the marker for a couple INT's a year? They got no points off his lone pick yesterday.

You realize Peters is being told to ball hawk, don't you?

kcpasco
01-07-2018, 04:32 PM
No way I keep Revis for that amount.

New World Order
01-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Make a run at Poe, Bowman, Jimmy Graham and Talib.

tyreekthefreak
01-07-2018, 04:38 PM
Get rid of Parker, a safety who can't tackle/wrap up and is slow. Hell, Murray is better than Parker.

I'd like to see Dadi Nicolas and Nunez-Roaches play at the same time. Play Tanoh, he is a force but may occasionally get burned by not setting the edge.

Ware and Kareem Hunt will be great together. Robinson and Chessun will see a lot more passes with Mahomes at QB.

I'm excited for next year. Fire Sutton. Fire Andy's son. Cut Ford, Parker, Gaines, Zombo, Bailey, Logan. Though I love the guy we must trade Alex too.........it's Mahomes time and we save a ton of money!

BigRedChief
01-07-2018, 04:38 PM
No way I keep Revis for that amount.not a chance.

BryanBusby
01-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Why? Poe's back is still pretty fucked.

Coach
01-07-2018, 04:41 PM
Why? Poe's back is still pretty fucked.

I don't know why people think Poe is a savior, because he ain't. And lol to people who think we should go for Talib.

Sometimes this place just makes me shake my head in disgust.

Hoover
01-07-2018, 04:48 PM
In total, Revis could make $10 million next season if he is on the Chiefs roster, with $1.015 million coming in base salary, $8.8 million from the weekly roster bonus and $185,000 through the workout bonus.
Thanks. My bad.

All In
01-07-2018, 04:53 PM
How recent is this link/stats at the beginning of the thread ? I can't see a date. Just really curious...

HemiEd
01-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Ford's number is 8.7 Million?

If so, someone should notify the FBI, The CIA, Hiway Patrol and deputy dog.

That is fucking asinine. No reason for me to give the reasons, this board knows all too well.

HemiEd
01-07-2018, 05:03 PM

He made the "Ole move" at a critical time last night when he could have made a tackle to possibly save the game.

RealSNR
01-07-2018, 05:05 PM
Man, the god like status you idiots are putting on this kid are insane.

I sure hope he pans out and balls out but they are not making the playoffs next season. The D is going to be worse not better. The old studs are turning into duds (that includes Houston and possibly a slower Berry).

To put all this on Pat is stupid crazy bats***. He's not overcoming a crappy D. He's not turning Wilson into a pro bowler and he's not gonna make the oline block better.

Bull fucking shit he isn't going to make the line block better.

Alex is harder on his OL than possibly any QB out there

aturnis
01-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Tardif and Parker aren’t leaving

Everyone else can gtfoThis. What's peoples problem with Parker?

aturnis
01-07-2018, 05:24 PM
They are fine as depth.No. They aren't. Not Zombo at least.

duncan_idaho
I'm not too worried about WR. I think Mahomes is going to make some guys (Robinson, Wilson - not Conley. He just is a looks like Tarzan, gets open like Jane WR) look very viable.

I would like to see two new CBs behind Peters, at least one new OLB who can get to the passer.

Hopefully, the pick(s) they get for Smith can help them pull that in and not have to rely entirely on FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoover
Ford's number is 8.7 Million?

If so, someone should notify the FBI, The CIA, Hiway Patrol and deputy dog.

That is fucking asinine. No reason for me to give the reasons, this board knows all too well.
Again - I get that he's a disappointment, but what are you getting with the freed up cap space? If we need to cut him then fine, but its not like there is a 22 year old Justin Houston out on the market we can go sign off the street. if anything, we need to find a vet OLB we can play for a year or two as we continue to find talent at the position in the draft.

Hoover
01-07-2018, 05:25 PM
Bull fucking shit he isn't going to make the line block better.

Alex is harder on his OL than possibly any QB out there
Agree.

PM got it done with a BS patched together line last week. How, because he feels presure and knowns he has to get the ball out.

duncan_idaho
01-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Again - I get that he's a disappointment, but what are you getting with the freed up cap space? If we need to cut him then fine, but its not like there is a 22 year old Justin Houston out on the market we can go sign off the street. if anything, we need to find a vet OLB we can play for a year or two as we continue to find talent at the position in the draft.

Any leveraging of that $9 million will be more effective than keeping Ford.

Easy 6
01-07-2018, 05:31 PM
How recent is this link/stats at the beginning of the thread ? I can't see a date. Just really curious...

I'm not seeing any dates there either, but OTC has a pretty good reputation

Coach
01-07-2018, 05:36 PM
Thanks. My bad.

No apologies needed. I know there was some confusion in terms of his contract, so I wanted to check on it before I pointed it out.

Plus, words of advice to the masses, it is not wise to invest $10 million or more on a CB on the wrong side of age 30. There are some exceptions to the rule, I get that, but more often than not, it's not wise.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2018, 05:36 PM

:Lin:

Coach
01-07-2018, 05:37 PM
This. What's peoples problem with Parker?

His Madden tackling ability is minus 99.

He just simply cannot tackle, even if his life depended on it.

BryanBusby
01-07-2018, 05:38 PM
He sucked ass.

Coach
01-07-2018, 05:39 PM

I look at Ford as an expensive R-Kal Trulock. I'd rather take that $8 million away from him, and invest it into younger OLB'ers who can stay healthy and actually produce.

O.city
01-07-2018, 05:57 PM
The whole front 7 needs revamped outside of maybe 3 guys

Offensively they could add another tight end man be but other tha. Lg it looks good to go

O.city
01-07-2018, 05:57 PM
They need to get a good return for alex and have a stellar draft

ThaVirus
01-07-2018, 06:05 PM
Cornerstones:

Berry
Peters
Houston
Ragland
Chris Jones

Have value:

KPL
RNR
Murray
Nelson
Mitchell
Kpass

Good contributors but not worth keeping at their current salary:

Revis
Bailey
Logan
Parker
Ford

Not worth keeping at any salary:

Hali
Gaines
Zombo
Sorenson
DJ

MONTREALchiefsfan
01-07-2018, 06:36 PM
not cutting LDT, he's one of the best guards in the NFL

All In
01-07-2018, 06:38 PM
I'm not seeing any dates there either, but OTC has a pretty good reputation

Thanks

O.city
01-07-2018, 06:39 PM
Cornerstones:

Berry
Peters
Houston
Ragland
Chris Jones

Have value:

KPL
RNR
Murray
Nelson
Mitchell
Kpass

Good contributors but not worth keeping at their current salary:

Revis
Bailey
Logan
Parker
Ford

Not worth keeping at any salary:

Hali
Gaines
Zombo
Sorenson
DJ

I feel like we need a corner accross from Peters in a bad way, and about 3 OLB that don't suck and about 3 interior DL.

ThaVirus
01-07-2018, 07:01 PM
I feel like we need a corner accross from Peters in a bad way, and about 3 OLB that don't suck and about 3 interior DL.

Yep. It's going to be tough to fill all of these holes in such a short amount of time.

For that reason I feel like we'll probably be forced to keep a few. Likely holdovers are Zombo, Sorenson, Parker and either Bailey or Logan.

I'm not quite sure what they're thinking on DJ and Ford. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the two stick around.

All In
01-07-2018, 07:07 PM
Gaines isn’t even on the list from the link you provided. So what the **** are you talking about?

Actually phillip is on this link but under the free agency tab. Im glad to know this is a reputable site.

O.city
01-07-2018, 07:10 PM
Yep. It's going to be tough to fill all of these holes in such a short amount of time.

For that reason I feel like we'll probably be forced to keep a few. Likely holdovers are Zombo, Sorenson, Parker and either Bailey or Logan.

I'm not quite sure what they're thinking on DJ and Ford. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the two stick around.

I can't watch Zombo play another down at OLB. I just can't do it.

Sorensen and Parker are good players when asked to do things they're good at. ONce EB went down, that seemed to change.

I don't see keeping any of the DL at this point.

NJChiefsFan
01-07-2018, 07:22 PM

Is this a real question? Are missed tackles not a trigger for you?

not cutting LDT, he's one of the best guards in the NFL

Something gives me the feeling you might be biased.

3rd&Long
01-07-2018, 07:27 PM
Put another way and one could say the Chiefs need to embark on a full rebuild. They won't admit to it or even suggest that if it were the case but it's clearly the f-ing case.

Chief Roundup
01-07-2018, 07:28 PM
So did we or did we not already take the 5th year option on Ford?
If we did not then we should not have to cut him as he would be a FA.

MahiMike
01-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Wait, we paid how much for revis?

NJChiefsFan
01-07-2018, 07:46 PM
Put another way and one could say the Chiefs need to embark on a full rebuild. They won't admit to it or even suggest that if it were the case but it's clearly the f-ing case.

The offense is in pretty good shape at both talent and age.

The defense has Berry, Houston, Peters, Nelson at slot, Jones, and Ragland.

There are major issues to be fixed but that isn't a starting 22 that needs a full rebuild. Unless we just have different definitions of full rebuild. They need to improve at guard and get 3 starters on defense. That's work, but it's not a rebuild.

mcaj22
01-07-2018, 07:49 PM
that defense needs way more of an overhaul than just a couple guys.

They need to rebuild the front 7 besides like 3 players, other wise this time next season youll be wondering why the Zombo type players are playing.

Coach
01-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Thanks. My bad.

I just realized my error, and I want to apologize. I was wrong, it was not $10 million that the Chiefs will be allocating to Revis, now that Spotrac is finally working.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/darrelle-revis-4275/

https://overthecap.com/player/darrelle-revis/980/

I compared both of them, and this is the results I get. So it was NOT $10 million, which I read from online links (to be fair, I didn't get the actual break down, but I still goofed). I still do not know which one of those two is more reliable.

So Revis may make $3,950,000 by the Chiefs, but to cut him, there is no cap charge at all. The majority of that money is coming from the Jets.

NJChiefsFan
01-07-2018, 07:54 PM
that defense needs way more of an overhaul than just a couple guys.

They need to rebuild the front 7 besides like 3 players, other wise this time next season youll be wondering why the Zombo type players are playing.

Work needs to be done. But if you find a good player at DL, CB, and OLB, along with Berry coming back, that's a massive difference. You can't find 22 great players in the salary cap.

Coach
01-07-2018, 07:57 PM
Something gives me the feeling you might be biased.

While there may be bias involved, the Chiefs cannot afford to cut him.

His dead cap charge is $11,310,000. Not going to happen.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/laurent-duvernay-tardif-14611/

NJChiefsFan
01-07-2018, 08:00 PM
While there may be bias involved, the Chiefs cannot afford to cut him.

His dead cap charge is $11,310,000. Not going to happen.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/laurent-duvernay-tardif-14611/

Oh we shouldn't. Even without the dead money. I just thought his username, mult or not, was amusing for the post.

Coach
01-07-2018, 08:02 PM
Oh we shouldn't. Even without the dead money. I just thought his username, mult or not, was amusing for the post.

Fair enough, heh. But user name or not, it's not going to happen, and it shouldn't. He's the least of our problems right now, so I'm not going to get worked up on him, considering there are 5-6 more issues that needs to be addressed, which has been discussed pretty much any thread you find anyways.

NJChiefsFan
01-07-2018, 08:03 PM
Fair enough, heh. But user name or not, it's not going to happen, and it shouldn't. He's the least of our problems right now, so I'm not going to get worked up on him, considering there are 5-6 more issues that needs to be addressed, which has been discussed pretty much any thread you find anyways.

Agreed.

mcaj22
01-07-2018, 08:06 PM
Work needs to be done. But if you find a good player at DL, CB, and OLB, along with Berry coming back, that's a massive difference. You can't find 22 great players in the salary cap.

they need at least 2 to 3 starting caliber pass rushers at OLBer and DE. An actual consistent edge rusher.

They need an entirely new interior line to help Jones.

They still need MLBers to help Ragland, he cant do it all though it pretty much looked like he did this year.

And they need safeties, multiple. Ones that can actually play. No Parkers, no Soresens.

ThaVirus
01-07-2018, 08:50 PM
they need at least 2 to 3 starting caliber pass rushers at OLBer and DE. An actual consistent edge rusher.

They still need MLBers to help Ragland, he cant do it all though it pretty much looked like he did this year.

And they need safeties, multiple. Ones that can actually play. No Parkers, no Soresens.

In the team's defense: you hit on one pass rusher and the secondary starts to look a shit ton better.

That's the most important thing we need right now, easily. Another pass rusher. Preferably an interior guy but I'll take what I can get at this point.

BigRedChief
01-08-2018, 09:07 AM
In the team's defense: you hit on one pass rusher and the secondary starts to look a shit ton better.

That's the most important thing we need right now, easily. Another pass rusher. Preferably an interior guy but I'll take what I can get at this point.Agree but a CB is equally important.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 09:10 AM
A guy who is about to coach in our division point blank said you just throw to the left on this team.

Chief_For_Life58
01-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Fire and cut everyone. Close the franchise. We're done here

kcpasco
01-08-2018, 09:16 AM
A guy who is about to coach in our division point blank said you just throw to the left on this team.

Berry coming back helps that. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

kcpasco
01-08-2018, 09:19 AM
Chucky has a lot of work to do. That Raides defense is absolute trash and they don’t have the luxury of an all pro safety returning from injury.

Marcellus
01-08-2018, 09:26 AM

Do you actually watch the games?

thabear04
01-08-2018, 09:48 AM
I would like to see what Devin Chappell can do he was hurt and was on the IR for pre season not sure if the Chiefs let him go or not.

hitchief
01-08-2018, 10:38 AM
I'd like to see alligator arms gone.

That effort on the last pass was pathetic and his MO! He does not want to ever take a hit and will do anything not to have contact.

That pass was not perfect but it was a catchable ball for sure - he got 2 hands on the dam ball with his have assed jump, which was early cause he saw the FS coming in at him.

Make the difficult catch, take the big hit, and win the game right there!

I see other wr's making more difficult catches in the playoffs every dam year. Edelman's catch last year, the 2 Giant wr catch's during their SB runs, the Steelers wr's making fingertip catch's while toe tapping at the back of the endzone.

But know we have smoke I'm if you got em Bowe not getting his feet down and alligator arms Wilson.

Please bring in a taller ball hawke and get rid of his sorry ass tomorrow.

BigRedChief
01-08-2018, 02:26 PM
I would like to see what Devin Chappell can do he was hurt and was on the IR for pre season not sure if the Chiefs let him go or not.who? Seems like a way way down the off season to do list.

KChiefs1
01-08-2018, 03:24 PM
How about packaging Alex Smith, Justin Houston & Dee Ford to Cleveland for their 4th overall pick?

kcpasco
01-08-2018, 03:27 PM
Mediocre qb, overpaid pass rusher and a draft bust. Browns just might be dumb enough to take that deal.

Gravedigger
01-08-2018, 03:29 PM
I think you have to focus on Pass Rusher with your second round pick. That has to be the main key and hopefully you can hit like you did with Chris Jones, or Houston when he first came out. After Pass Rusher I would say it's time to focus on ILB, Ragland was good, Ramik and Pierre Louis are servicable backups, but you need a thumper in the middle. After that you can attack the OL, DL, CB, WR, P combos you want. I do think it's time to get rid of Colquitt. It's a luxury, but if you have Toub still, I think you can scheme around a Punter who is not as good, and that money would help for sure.

BigRedChief
01-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Mediocre qb, overpaid pass rusher and a draft bust. Browns just might be dumb enough to take that deal.wellll their GM certainty said all kinds of nice things about Smith's value to a team, as a leader.:)

penchief
01-08-2018, 04:57 PM

That effort on the last pass was pathetic and his MO! He does not want to ever take a hit and will do anything not to have contact.

That pass was not perfect but it was a catchable ball for sure - he got 2 hands on the dam ball with his have assed jump, which was early cause he saw the FS coming in at him.

I see other wr's making more difficult catches in the playoffs every dam year. Edelman's catch last year, the 2 Giant wr catch's during their SB runs, the Steelers wr's making fingertip catch's while toe tapping at the back of the endzone.

But know we have smoke I'm if you got em Bowe not getting his feet down and alligator arms Wilson.

Still blaming Wilson for Smith's desperation pass at the end of the game, I see. Mahomes made Wilson look like a bona fide playmaker. Some quarterbacks know how to deliver the ball and some don't.

Iowanian
01-08-2018, 05:06 PM
Can we get that stone-handed Demetrius Harris the F out of town?

I cringe every time they throw a ball to stone hands.

aturnis
01-08-2018, 05:19 PM
His Madden tackling ability is minus 99.

He just simply cannot tackle, even if his life depended on it.He shouldn't be asked to tackle much. He's the deep safety. Tackling is probably low on the list of thing you look for at his position.

In other topics, how did the Chiefs do against the deep ball with zero pass rush this year?

BryanBusby
01-08-2018, 05:20 PM
Can we get that stone-handed Demetrius Harris the F out of town?

I cringe every time they throw a ball to stone hands.
I'd like to see a QB out there throwing these receivers the ball, that doesn't suck a bag of dicks, before making final decisions.

DRM08
01-08-2018, 05:26 PM

Wilson played great with Mahomes in Denver. Pretty bad idea to get rid of a guy who has excellent chemistry with the raw, inexperienced gunslinger QB. Pat trusts Wilson as a security blanket right now and that makes Wilson a valuable asset.

aturnis
01-08-2018, 05:27 PM
A guy who is about to coach in our division point blank said you just throw to the left on this team.? Thought he said "YOU DON'T THROW RIGHT".

A narrative on Peters ability, not specifically the lack of ability across from him.

NJChiefsFan
01-08-2018, 05:41 PM

You think in the salary cap era this team can get 2-3 pass rushers, multiple safeties, an ilb, and a new interior d line?

Are they going to dismantle the offense to do that? That's not realistic. If they get a pass rusher to help the secondary and a cb to add to that, it will go a long way. Another player to help the run defense would also help.

That with the addition of berry would go a long way.