PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Blame Everything

jspchief
01-07-2018, 11:06 AM
I can't believe reading through the threads after this loss how many pages there are pointing the finger at a single issue. That game was the perfect culmination of every flaw this current team has had since the Reid era began.

In no particular order:

Andy Reid- His playcalling has been bi-polar going all the back to Philly. At times brilliant, but seemingly with zero regard to the actual flow of the game. Going away from what was working, calling short passes when they need to stretch the field, stretching the field when they need to matriculate. And we all know his refusal to commit to running the ball. At the end of the day, Reid may be exceptional at designing plays, but he rarely strings together an entire game of calling plays.

Alex Smith- Mahomes was drafted for a reason. Smith is simply the Andy Reid of QBs. His style averaged out over 16 games will put the team on the winning side, but in single game high stakes situations, it's just not reliable. Smith wasn't terrible in this game and dropped passes were a bigger problem, but when the team needs that moment of magic, it's not coming from Smith. The surgical drive that grinds the boot into the throat of the opponent. Once again he disappers for stretches when even moderate success could be enough to lift the team to victory.

The Defense- Soft. I've been saying it for years. The defense is just soft. In the past they had individual talent in enough places that they could appear effective in statistical categories, but age has caught up to those days. When a defense needs to be suffocating, count on the Chiefs to be timid. When inches count, count on the Chiefs to give yards. When everyone in the stadium knows what the opponent needs to do, count on the Chiefs to be caught off guard. Little talent, no fire, poor fundamentals.

Bob Sutton- They were writing articles about his shortcomings in NYJ, and five years later the same article hits the nail on the head. There's nothing complimentary to say about his schemes, tendencies, playcalling, or ability to get the most out of his players. Bob Sutton will never be more than the individual talent on the field. No one will ever say he put together a brilliant game plan or masterfully retooled a defense. No team fears a Sutton defense, or worries about a situation where the D can pin their ears back. He'll line his guys up yo avoid the knockout punch to the jaw, then sit back and let the body blows turn their guts to mush. And then the punch lands on the jaw in spite of it all.

Every single thing fans have voiced concern about in the Reid era was on display in that playoff loss. If you're trying to point at a single scapegoat, you have blinders on. This team doesn't suffer from a fatal flaw that drags the team down like an anchor. It's a collection of hurdles that team has to overcome every single game.

tmax63
01-07-2018, 11:12 AM
I agree fully which is why all the Alex haters who blame all losses on AS really piss me off. They had a top 10 offense this year and a bottom 10 defense. It pretty obvious where the majority of the problems lie.

Bowser
01-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Fantastic post, and agreed 1000%. I really should sticky this for a bit.

I remember when Andy first came here and the influx of Philly fans that basically told us what you've just said about Andy. They were completely shooting us straight.

Bwana
01-07-2018, 11:15 AM
Good post

Abba-Dabba
01-07-2018, 11:17 AM
Fantastic post, and agreed 1000%. I really should sticky this for a bit.

I remember when Andy first came here and the influx of Philly fans that basically told us what you've just said about Andy. They were completely shooting us straight.

Please don't. That would be silly.

Red Dawg
01-07-2018, 11:17 AM
I don't care about Smith's numbers. Doesn't matter if you can't close when needed. He can't do what is needed to beat good teams and bad teams. Stop with his stats bullshit.

Bowser
01-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Please don't. That would be silly.

Hey, thanks for taking it seriously!

Easy 6
01-07-2018, 11:19 AM
Yeah, cant disagree with a single damn thing here... you killed it

arrwheader
01-07-2018, 11:28 AM
What’s with this team and blowing leads like that. It’s like it’s their thing. That’s what I want to know. It’s like they are built for it or something and you know it’s going to happen and you watch painfully as it all unfolds.

Best22
01-07-2018, 11:33 AM
What’s with this team and blowing leads like that. It’s like it’s their thing. That’s what I want to know. It’s like they are built for it or something and you know it’s going to happen and you watch painfully as it all unfolds.

We had leads last year that we held on to, but didn't blow it

Let's review

Saints: Led 24-14, won 27-21
Jags: Led 19-7, won 19-14
Titans: Led 17-7, lost 17-19
Raiders: Led 21-3, won 21-13

Prison Bitch
01-07-2018, 11:34 AM
I agree fully which is why all the Alex haters who blame all losses on AS really piss me off. They had a top 10 offense this year and a bottom 10 defense. It pretty obvious where the majority of the problems lie.

We gave up 3 TD and a "ran out the clock" drive my n the 2nd half. 4-4 in futility, Greg Robinson style. Yet, blame Alex!!!

Hammock Parties
01-07-2018, 11:34 AM
I don't care about Smith's numbers. Doesn't matter if you can't close when needed. He can't do what is needed to beat good teams and bad teams. Stop with his stats bullshit.

Steelers
Giants
Bills
Jets
Titans

What was the common denominator in these losses?

Aspengc8
01-07-2018, 11:38 AM
We gave up 3 TD and a "ran out the clock" drive my n the 2nd half. 4-4 in futility, Greg Robinson style. Yet, blame Alex!!!

tough to stop anyone when half your defense wouldnt start for any other NFL team.

bajista
01-07-2018, 11:47 AM
OP, it's no accident that you listed Andy Reid as #1. I agree with your post 100%...

philfree
01-07-2018, 11:57 AM
The Chiefs play complimentary football. They get a turnover and then the O compliments the D by not scoring. The offense builds a lead and then the D compliments it by letting the other team drive down the field and score. That's then complimented by the O who goes 3 and out. Rinse and repeat.

lcarus
01-07-2018, 11:58 AM

The majority of us don't blame it all on Alex. We just know that when expected shit like this goes wrong, the guy won't overcome it and win the game like the greats do. He had his shots and just like I knew he would, failed miserably. Again. It's over.

hitchief
01-07-2018, 01:30 PM
The majority of us don't blame it all on Alex. We just know that when expected shit like this goes wrong, the guy won't overcome it and win the game like the greats do. He had his shots and just like I knew he would, failed miserably. Again. It's over.

sorry but its just not true that the greats overcome a crappy overall team. Only one who does on any consistent basis is Brady but he's got the best HC and coordinators and his team actually does play complimentary football. Case in point is Arron Rodgers - 1 SB and he's considered probably the most talented qb in the NFL since starting. So he's overcome his team 1 time.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2018, 01:53 PM
The Chiefs aren't a "crappy overall team."

Pass protection was relatively good when Smith wasn't running into sacks.

The defense played OK when the refs and sheer luck weren't ruining plays.

The special teams forced a turnover.

The Chiefs didn't NEED a great QB. They just needed a guy to get a FG. One fucking FG. In a half.

Case closed.

MahiMike
01-07-2018, 01:56 PM
I blame Arrowhead. Surely Jimmy Hoffa is buried under there.

TEX
01-07-2018, 01:58 PM
The Chiefs aren't a "crappy overall team."

Pass protection was relatively good when Smith wasn't running into sacks.

The defense played OK when the refs and sheer luck weren't ruining plays.

The special teams forced a turnover.

The Chiefs didn't NEED a great QB. They just needed a guy to get a FG. One ****ing FG. In a half.

Case closed.

Yea, I thought about that too. In spite of everything that happened yesterday, with all the BS and the game going as it did, all the Chiefs had to do was MAKE the FG after the gift turnover. The rookie kicker has been nails all season, but he missed the most important kick of his career thus far.

Coach
01-07-2018, 02:24 PM
I believe in the business world, it's called an "Organizational Failure".

Dartgod
01-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Post of the year.

**** all the "blame only Alex" retards.

Eleazar
01-07-2018, 02:52 PM
But I read on CP the only problem is Alex Smiff

Demonpenz
01-07-2018, 03:19 PM
terrible post mods delete.

BigRichard
01-07-2018, 07:42 PM
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35100000/Norman-leon-35112904-248-140.gif

jspchief
01-08-2018, 07:28 AM
No you didn't.

ARROW2
01-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Yea, I thought about that too. In spite of everything that happened yesterday, with all the BS and the game going as it did, all the Chiefs had to do was MAKE the FG after the gift turnover. The rookie kicker has been nails all season, but he missed the most important kick of his career thus far.

So? Generate another FG drive, is that too much to ask? We were still winning 21-10 and that pussy took no shots to the end zone after that turnover. That is a required play after a turnover like that to put the game away early. Don't put this on the kicker or the defense.

Get rid of Smiff's contract, then replace aging vets on D with that money, Fire Sutton and the playcalling won't be an issue with Mahomes. Mostly, it is SMIFF!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!! All those 3 and outs put that so called "soft" D back out on the field continually. SMIFF, It's a QB league isn't it?

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Smith, Reid, Sutton. Please get rid of at least 2 of these cockgobblers.

ARROW2
01-08-2018, 07:45 AM
1 fucking first down in the second half? Sorry, that is on the QB, PERIOD!!!!!!!! 33 yards passing in the second half? I am tired of hearing about how the other team's defense "stepped up" against Alex, he makes every d look good when they play that zone.

Is it March yet?

RunKC
01-08-2018, 07:46 AM
There were some drops that sucked, but in the end, Andy went full retard.

That dumb sonofabitch used Alex on the 3rd and 1. It’s like Andy purposely forgot that we had the leading NFL rusher who had the league lead for broken tackles.

Andy relied on a QB rush to get 1 yard in a critical situation. Think about that.

ARROW2
01-08-2018, 07:49 AM
There were some drops that sucked, but in the end, Andy went full retard.

That dumb sonofabitch used Alex on the 3rd and 1. It’s like Andy purposely forgot that we had the leading NFL rusher who had the league lead for broken tackles.

Andy relied on a QB rush to get 1 yard in a critical situation. Think about that.

Tennessee had drops too. That was a bad call but still doesn't explain that ridiculous ineptitude of the entire second half.. I ROFL when he stepped into a sack on 3rd and 9. Then tried to throw a high ball between two players to alligator arms Wilson. ROFL

Reerun_KC
01-08-2018, 08:35 AM
Post of the year.

**** all the "blame only Alex" retards.

Nah I blame the titans for adjusting to a lot of cover 2 in the second half.

Stack the box, press the corners, 2 high safeties.

If they wouldn’t of did that we would of won.

Sandy Vagina
01-08-2018, 08:52 AM

He's the only problem for the people that have built up this dream of a magical, mythical QB that's supposed to carry his team through poor playcalls, poor run support, poor receiver drops, and poor defense.

"Save us, mythical magical QB! WE accept that our team sucks... but he's the QB! He's supposed to carry us no matter what!"

https://s17.postimg.org/o9vu1fda7/Cxlmm_Y.gif

Iowanian
01-08-2018, 11:53 AM
<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/CheapEnchantingDore' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='640' height='368' allowfullscreen></iframe>

I keep seeing people defending Alex Smith, and wanting to know how someone can blame him. Here is the best answer I can give.

Alex Smith is very good when he doesn't HAVE to be good.

GoChargers
01-08-2018, 12:05 PM
He's the only problem for the people that have built up this dream of a magical, mythical QB that's supposed to carry his team through poor playcalls, poor run support, poor receiver drops, and poor defense.

"Save us, mythical magical QB! WE accept that our team sucks... but he's the QB! He's supposed to carry us no matter what!"

Those "magical, mythical QBs" actually exist on the teams that win anything of note.

Sandy Vagina
01-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Those "magical, mythical QBs" actually exist on the teams that win anything of note.

You'll need to prove that.. and you'll need more than 1 or 3 examples over the history of football, to do so.

The way it looks to me, 99% of all SB winning QBs had a heck of a support cast to get them there.

Want to do the legwork? Maybe I will someday.. but I'm pretty lazy in general these days, so... :shrug:

Couch-Potato
01-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Didn't Naggy call the plays against the Titans?

Kiimo
01-08-2018, 01:30 PM
It sure looked like Reid took over in the second half.

Couch-Potato
01-08-2018, 02:13 PM
It sure looked like Reid took over in the second half.

and that seems to be the sentiment of the entire fanship, but has there been any confirmation?

Frosty
01-08-2018, 02:39 PM
Didn't Naggy call the plays against the Titans?

He was too busy getting his shit together for his new job so Reid took over and started calling sideways passes and no runs.

Grim
01-08-2018, 02:40 PM
and that seems to be the sentiment of the entire fanship, but has there been any confirmation?

no

Hammock Parties
01-08-2018, 02:45 PM
The way it looks to me, 99% of all SB winning QBs had a heck of a support cast to get them there.
:

Tom Brady's first two Super Bowl offenses were filled with dreck journeymen.

Antowain Smith?
Troy Brown?
Deion Branch?
Daniel Graham?

Give me a fucking break.

And before you cry "but defense!" know that Brady had to put up 24 or more points THREE times during the first two SB runs, something Alex Smith has COMPLETELY failed to do in his last FOUR playoff games here.

Alex Smith had an embarrassment of riches on the offense this year and couldn't even get CLOSE.

Against a BAD defense.

Just shut the fuck up. Stop fucking lying out your filthy sewer with every post now that the deed has finally been done, now that WE have been proven right and have OUR team BACK, and just FUCKING GO AWAY.

hitchief
01-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Tom Brady's first two Super Bowl offenses were filled with dreck journeymen.

Antowain Smith?
Troy Brown?
Deion Branch?
Daniel Graham?

Give me a ****ing break.

And before you cry "but defense!" know that Brady had to put up 24 or more points THREE times during the first two SB runs, something Alex Smith has COMPLETELY failed to do in his last FOUR playoff games here.

Alex Smith had an embarrassment of riches on the offense this year and couldn't even get CLOSE.

Against a BAD defense.

Just shut the **** up. Stop ****ing lying out your filthy sewer with every post now that the deed has finally been done, now that WE have been proven right and have OUR team BACK, and just ****ING GO AWAY.

Good god your an ass.

thank god this is not a team game. What is this ALL12 not ALL22 in your eyes, Alex and then the D. Tool and a blunt one at that with all your bluster trying to bully others!

What is our record next year without Alex, lets here it from you first. Do we even make the playoffs? There can be zero freaking excuses once he's gone since he's the only reason we lose for dips**** like you.

Its not your team, its the owners team, the players team and the fanbase as a whole not just the crybaby section. Get the frick over yourself

Hammock Parties
01-08-2018, 03:36 PM
Good god your an ass.

Registration date: Apr 2013

https://i.imgur.com/HIMpmCd.jpg