PDA

View Full Version : Football So the NFL was on full display this weekend

Mecca
01-08-2018, 07:55 AM
They think anthem protests are why the ratings are down huh? Or because "Oh my god we're gonna get the thug rep the NBA had" etc etc. No I think you're rating are down because there is zero consistency in anything I fucking see.

The Zebra's were out there deciding playoff games yet they wonder why a huge chunk of fans are leaving. The NFL can think it's the younger generation with it's short attention span and desire to stare at it's phones that is leaving..I don't. I think it's hardcore fans that have seen enough.

Let's take this for example, obviously everyone here watched that abomination of officiating that took place in the Chiefs game. Move to later that day, the Falcons entire gameplay was to basically buttfuck the Rams receivers all over the field. We've been taught for years that basically breathing on a receiver is not ok but in that game I'm pretty sure they could have raped them on the field to no flag. I've seen guys go to jail for less than what was done to Sammy Watkins in that game.

Then yesterday, we've been conditioned that you can't touch a QB's head, you can't tackle him low etc etc...then I watch Tyrod Taylor get his head basically jammed into the ground with a chokehold tackle and they don't flag that? The guy would have been suspeded for a year had he done that to Brady.

Adding to that not saying Carolina was gonna win but that Intentional Grounding penalty was also complete bullshit and decided the game.

At the end of the day, there is no consistency and rules are worded in a way that they can make any call they want and it can be justified. Yet they wonder why people don't give a shit anymore. All this league has turned into is big markets and stars.

Matt Ryan is about to be one of the few good QB's left in the league so gotta prop up the Falcons. Brees is coming to the end so gotta push him up. If Jacksonville doesn't find a QB they're gonna be the Chiefs no matter how good that defense is...and then people wonder why this shit looks rigged.

Spott
01-08-2018, 08:09 AM
I haven’t watched any football since we lost, but I have no doubt in my mind that this game is rigged towards getting better tv ratings. I had a little bit of faith left that it was somewhat legitimate, but it’s gone after that abomination Saturday. Fuck the NFL.

notorious
01-08-2018, 08:13 AM
The refs are the "auto-adjust" for NFL games.

Game becoming a blowout? Throw a defensive holding flag or take away an obvious fumble to prop up the losing team. Call holding on the offense if the team is about to go up big.

Sometimes they can't control it because it's so lopsided.

I've seen it too many times in too many games not associated with the Chiefs to believe we are bitching just because we suck.

Spott
01-08-2018, 08:15 AM

Game becoming a blowout? Throw a defensive holding flag or take away an obvious fumble to prop up the losing team. Call holding on the offense if the team is about to go up big.

I've seen it too many times in too many games not associated with the Chiefs to believe we are bitching just because we suck.

Right after we went up 14-0 and got the ball back, they called a phantom offensive holding call on Schwartz to kill the drive and keep the game close. An early blowout kills tv ratings.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:16 AM

Absolutely they don't want blowouts at all. Add to that their desire to push the soap opera story aspect of the game and then you get what we have.

Marcus Mariota is more interesting to a casual fan and was such a high pick the NFL has reason to push him above us.

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Referees fucked the Titans over just as badly as they fucked us over.

Spott
01-08-2018, 08:19 AM

Well, they won’t be getting any calls next week, that’s for sure. Of course that game will really be over at halftime and it won’t matter.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:19 AM

They did? Did they openly steal points from them?

Cyprien was headhunting and got no penalties either, so I tend to disagree.

notorious
01-08-2018, 08:22 AM
I don't see why they want the Titans to move on. I think that they tried to keep the game artificially close and it blew up in their face because Chiefs.

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Screwed them out of an obvious fumble and set the ball 2 yards short in hilarious fashion. Kelce getting smashed in the head wasn't a result of dirty play.

TEX
01-08-2018, 08:24 AM

Exactly! And it also works the other way with the NON-CALLS. Example - 3rd and 9 in the 3rd qtr for the Titans. Hali get absolutely put in a CHOAK HOLD - and Mariota scrambles to THAT SIDE for the 1st down. Ref RIGHT THERE - NO CALL. The Tackle even looked around for a flag because he KNEW IT WAS HOLDING. It's an absolutely fool proof system because you can throw a flag that can't be challenged or simply refuse to call something, if the game needs a little push in a certain direction. :shake:

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:24 AM
I don't see why they want the Titans to move on. I think that they tried to keep the game artificially close and it blew up in their face because Chiefs.

They do have a young QB...who was being heavily hyped before this year. Maybe this is the year they let 2 AFC teams that haven't been to the playoffs in a decade have a couple wins before getting eaten by the usuals.

Spott
01-08-2018, 08:25 AM

They screwed themselves this week. We probably would have kept the score respectable, but NE is going to win by at least 4 tds next week.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:25 AM
Screwed them out of an obvious fumble and set the ball 2 yards short in hilarious fashion. Kelce getting smashed in the head wasn't a result of dirty play.

Dude that was head to head, according to their current rules, it's a penalty.

Bewbies
01-08-2018, 08:26 AM

Kelce recovered his own fumble. He was down with control of the ball and the guy took it from him.

That spot 2 yards short was terribad.

TEX
01-08-2018, 08:26 AM
Referees ****ed the Titans over just as badly as they ****ed us over.

Really? How did it result in points?

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Dude that was head to head, according to their current rules, it's a penalty.
Yeah, because Kelce ducked his own head to fight for more yards. If he launched to hit him while he was upright I would agree.

kcpasco
01-08-2018, 08:27 AM

I was thinking that same thing. The refs in the 1st half were like lulz Titans suck let’s throw them a bone because this is gonna get ugly real fast. Now without them knowing the Chiefs ability to lose games in dramatic bed shitting fashion by the end of the game they were like lulz Chiefs we done fucked you guys hard.

TEX
01-08-2018, 08:29 AM
Kelce recovered his own fumble. He was down with control of the ball and the guy took it from him.

That spot 2 yards short was terribad.

Exactly... Kelce reached for it while on the ground, tucked it back to his body, and then the Titans, having seen the ball lying on the ground, took it from him after he tucked it back to his body.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:29 AM
Yeah, because Kelce ducked his own head to fight for more yards. If he launched to hit him while he was upright I would agree.

Doesn't matter according to their rules if you hit a dude in the head with your helmet it is a penalty.

He also launched himself at Wilsons head on the last offensive play, dude was head hunting.

kcpasco
01-08-2018, 08:30 AM
Moral of the story is the Chiefs don’t need any help losing in self inflicted dramatic fashion.

The Franchise
01-08-2018, 08:31 AM
Doesn't matter according to their rules if you hit a dude in the head with your helmet it is a penalty.

He also launched himself at Wilsons head on the last offensive play, dude was head hunting.

Doesn’t matter because it didn’t happen to one of the NFL’s golden boys. That happens to Antonion Brown and it’s a penalty.

TEX
01-08-2018, 08:31 AM

No you wouldn't agree - you have a narrative. It's all here in this thread, and it is that the Titans got fucked just as hard - and they did not.

TEX
01-08-2018, 08:32 AM

Yep. Plus, the dude laying the wood had plenty of time to adjust.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:32 AM
Cyprien was accused of being a dirty player earlier this year by a former teammate in Mercedes Lewis...

kcpasco
01-08-2018, 08:33 AM
The fact Kelce can’t get that call is pure trash. I hope any ref that has a personal vendetta against him chokes on their dinner.

Fish
01-08-2018, 08:34 AM
If you guys have it all figured out, then why don't you just start betting your money on these sham conspiracy games? If it's that obvious, why aren't you using it to your advantage? It's telling how these threads only pop up after the games are played...

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:34 AM
The fact Kelce can’t get that call is pure trash. I hope any ref that has a personal vendetta against him chokes on their dinner.

Just like anything else, they pick and choose. You smash Gronk like that and 5 flags fly.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:35 AM
If you guys have it all figured out, then why don't you just start betting your money on these sham conspiracy games? If it's that obvious, why aren't you using it to your advantage? It's telling how these threads only pop up after the games are played...

You could if you know what their agenda is, problem is, you don't always know.

Like in that Atlanta game are they going to prop up the player in Ryan or the LA market?

WWE is fake but guess what even if you watch all of it you don't always know who's going to win do you?

redfan
01-08-2018, 08:36 AM

Kelce will never get any calls, he's a malcontent, a "hot-head". His showing up the refs earlier in the year (or career) guarantees it.

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2018, 08:38 AM
No you wouldn't agree - you have a narrative. It's all here in this thread, and it is that the Titans got fucked just as hard - and they did not.
I mean, sure, cry about the officiating all you want. Cry that there's some invisible force that wants to fuck us over because Chiefs.

Mile High Mania
Adding to that not saying Carolina was gonna win but that Intentional Grounding penalty was also complete bullshit and decided the game.

Why was the grounding call on Newton BS... do you think he was outside the pocket or are you saying there was clearly a receiver in the area?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ua9sRYyQxwk" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcpasco
Kelce will never get any calls, he's a malcontent, a "hot-head". His showing up the refs earlier in the year (or career) guarantees it.

Then the refs aren’t doing their jobs properly. That fits the NFL is rigged theory because that is blatant bias.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:39 AM
Why was the grounding call on Newton BS... do you think he was outside the pocket or are you saying there was clearly a receiver in the area?

He was outside the pocket, or at least close enough that if say Brady had tossed that it wouldn't get flagged. It was literally a game changing call in a pretty good game to that point.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:40 AM
Then the refs aren’t doing their jobs properly. That fits the NFL is rigged theory because that is blatant bias.

Yet somehow because he threw his towel or because Peters threw a flag "they deserve it".

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2018, 08:42 AM
How anyone can say the refs are biased against the Chiefs after that Bills "roughing" call is beyond me. They just suck fucking shit and they aren't held accountable for it.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:43 AM
My point is the NFL officials are biased in general the Chiefs happen to be a "have not" team so is Buffalo.

kcpasco
01-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Titans aren’t going to get the benefit of early whistles against NE. And if they spear a Patriot player expect about a dozen flags to fly at once.

Chiefnj2
01-08-2018, 08:44 AM
For those who missed the Rams/Watkins getting screwed over, here is a link

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/6/16859096/sammy-watkins-held-falcons-rams-wild-card

Personally, I'm fine with an NHL approach to the game - to let players get a little more physical at the end of games, but even with such a view Watkins got screwed.

TEX
01-08-2018, 08:47 AM
I believe that refs "push" games a certain direction sometimes, but even if that is not the case - the officiating is absolutely terrible and its getting worse as bad calls, of the game altering kind, happen far too often, and there is no recourse. There needs to be a way to challenge them. :shrug:

Besides, if the refs want to push things in a certain direction, they can always not make a call and let things go. If they don't call a hold here or there, it can have the same results as a bad call.

TEX
01-08-2018, 08:48 AM
My point is the NFL officials are biased in general the Chiefs happen to be a "have not" team so is Buffalo.

Exactly. We're not alone... It's a star driven league. Maybe if Mahomes turns into an elite QB, that will change.

notorious
01-08-2018, 08:48 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ua9sRYyQxwk" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is grounding, but I've seen it not called in many worse cases than that.

redfan
01-08-2018, 08:49 AM

The game this past Sat proved the refs don't do their jobs properly. But "proper" is up for debate, as is seemingly every rule interpretation.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:49 AM

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/6/16859096/sammy-watkins-held-falcons-rams-wild-card

Personally, I'm fine with an NHL approach to the game - to let players get a little more physical at the end of games, but even with such a view Watkins got screwed.

The Falcons DB's in that game were repeatedly early on balls, basically daring officials to flag them.

Molitoth
01-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Easy Fix.

Make every call reviewable/reservable/challengable. I don't care how long games take, it will be RIGHT.

notorious
The Falcons DB's in that game were repeatedly early on balls, basically daring officials to flag them.

That's a good way to play in the playoffs IMO. Push the rules as far as you can.

Seattle made a nice run doing this.

Chiefnj2

If Uno e Fatto wasn't such a coward and would for just once call the refs out, the team might get the benefit of the doubt on a call some day.

Mecca
That is grounding, but I've seen it not called in many worse cases than that.

If you draw a line back from where the RT is on the line, he makes it outside of that spot, it's not by much but he does.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:51 AM
Easy Fix.

Make every call reviewable/reservable/challengable. I don't care how long games take, it will be RIGHT.

They've repeatedly shown they don't even get them right with replay.

notorious
01-08-2018, 08:51 AM
If you draw a line back from where the RT is on the line, he makes it outside of that spot, it's not by much but he does.

I want them to call grounding more often, so I am biased.

They allow QB's way too much leeway on grounding IMO.

notorious
01-08-2018, 08:52 AM
They've repeatedly shown they don't even get them right with replay.

They still have control.

In fact, replay gives them more options to nudge a game in the direction they desire.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:53 AM
I want them to call grounding more often, so I am biased.

They allow QB's way too much leeway on grounding IMO.

That's fine but it's still an example of saying one thing and then calling it a different way.

Fish
01-08-2018, 08:53 AM
You could if you know what their agenda is, problem is, you don't always know.

Like in that Atlanta game are they going to prop up the player in Ryan or the LA market?

WWE is fake but guess what even if you watch all of it you don't always know who's going to win do you?

Ahh, it's an obvious, yet still secret agenda. Makes sense...

Garcia Bronco
01-08-2018, 08:55 AM
What killed me was the end of the first half in the Falcons/Rams game. Reviewing a play that was not questionable while the Rams had the Falcons on the ropes. Not saying it changed the outcome of the game, but it was so tedious.

Add to that the ridiculous call when Mariotta fumbled the ball and both situations are a part of the story of why the NFL is losing interest.

The NFL, a contested catch requires passing the BAR examine and a calculus book.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:55 AM

Look what you're asking me to believe is that NFL officials are completely incompetent boobs who can be outperformed by kids. And you're also asking me to believe that even though they are that stupid their fuckups always seem to favor certain teams, how's that make sense?

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2018, 08:56 AM

It's always rigged when we lose. Duh.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:57 AM
It's always rigged when we lose. Duh.

It's pretty well rigged either way, if Patrick Mahomes turns into a face of the league guess who will get some calls in their favor?

BigRedChief
01-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Exactly. We're not alone... It's a star driven league. Maybe if Mahomes turns into an elite QB, that will change.The NFL was slobbering all over the Chiefs this year. GMF had a long piece about the Chiefs every damn day. They pumped up Mahomes.

The network is running national ads to publicize one of its charities using Kelce as the center piece player.

notorious
01-08-2018, 08:58 AM

I don't like this argument.

It takes one official to nudge a game in a certain direction.

I hate the fact that this is even questionable because I love football damnit. The NFL is to blame whether they are nudging games or not. If they would clean up the horrific officiating and not let the worst ref umpire a playoff game we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 08:58 AM
The NFL was slobbering all over the Chiefs this year. GMF had a long piece about the Chiefs every damn day. They pumped up Mahomes.

The network is running national ads to publicize one of its charities using Kelce as the center piece player.

That's nice but we're flyover country and until we have a star that matters we're gonna be nobodies like the Colts were till Manning got there.

notorious
01-08-2018, 08:59 AM
The NFL was slobbering all over the Chiefs this year. GMF had a long piece about the Chiefs every damn day. They pumped up Mahomes.

This gives me hope. The Chiefs might benefit from a subtle call in a big game one of these days.

Fish
01-08-2018, 08:59 AM
Look what you're asking me to believe is that NFL officials are completely incompetent boobs who can be outperformed by kids. And you're also asking me to believe that even though they are that stupid their fuckups always seem to favor certain teams, how's that make sense?

Occam's Razor, man.

They don't always fuck up to favor certain teams. That's just the thing. You're seeing what you want to see.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 09:00 AM

I hate the fact that this is even questionable because I love football damnit. The NFL is to blame whether they are nudging games or not. If they would clean up the horrific officiating and not let the worst ref umpire a playoff game we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Every game had bad game changing calls in this week, the Chiefs game was just the worst.

How would you feel to be a Carolina fan today? Driving to a possible playoff win and to have it taken away by a questionable penalty.

Best22
Low hit on Bortles went uncalled.

The league plays favorites. The NFL isn't out to "screw the Chiefs," it's just that we don't get treated like the favorites. We don't have a Brady or an Antonio Brown. We aren't the Steelers or Broncos.

Many fans believe if Mahomes becomes a good, young, marketable quarterback the problem will change. Alex Smith is none of those things. The feeling is the league wants the masses to watch playoffs between big names. The league wants to keep "big names" healthy.

The league hasn't "gone soft." They are just overprotective of a few players. Nobody in the NFL cares if Bortles or Tyrod get roughed up. But you better not breath on Rodgers and Brady

Mecca
Occam's Razor, man.

They don't always fuck up to favor certain teams. That's just the thing. You're seeing what you want to see.

When is the last time the Patriots had a call go against them?

kcpasco
01-08-2018, 09:04 AM
And that piece of shit runs away and retires the next day. You can’t make this shit up. What an absolute joke NFL officiating is.

Never forget he’s also the reason someone lost an eye. I wish he would have been choked out that day. It would have been well deserved.

Fish
01-08-2018, 09:05 AM

The speed of the game is such that refs don't really have time to do much nefarious plotting during the course of a play. They're simply incompetent. It's just more noticeable in the age of dozens of HD camera angles and large screen TVs. It's noticeable in baseball too.

Red Dawg
01-08-2018, 09:05 AM
It's all rigged for Ben and Brady to meet again. We had to lose so Brady could play a cupcake and Mariota a young buck could win and the league looks good. Smith is boring and it hurts us with the refs for certain. Mahomes will change all of that for us.

Nzoner
01-08-2018, 09:06 AM

I lean towards this thought,however,the Patriots have not been playing all that well this last month and maybe they didn't want to see a rematch of week 1 with Golden Boy holding his dick in his hand why KC celebrated on their field.

Lastly,and most likely the NFL wants a rematch of Pitt/NE after that abortion of a game a few weeks ago.

Mecca
What's awesome though is that bad officiating or officials playing favorites has happened for so long it's just accepted.

"If you want that call earn it" whatever happened to you know calling the rules right?

notorious
Yeah, he ends a career and physically injures someone because of his incompetence yet keeps his job for decades while continuing to be incompetent.

With all of the good officials in the US, how hard would it be to replace this piece of shit? One phone call.

Why don't they do it? Maybe he knows something.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 09:07 AM
I lean towards this thought,however,the Patriots have not been playing all that well this last month and maybe they didn't want to see a rematch of week 1 with Golden Boy holding his dick in his hand why KC celebrated on their field.

Lastly,and most likely the NFL wants a rematch of Pitt/NE after that abortion of a game a few weeks ago.

Possibly, also Nashville is a big up and coming market at the moment that could play in.

kcpasco
01-08-2018, 09:08 AM
Yeah, he ends a career and physically injures someone because of his incompetence yet keeps his job for decades while continuing to be incompetent.

With all of the good officials in the US, how hard would it be to replace this piece of shit? One phone call.

He retired yesterday

Mecca
01-08-2018, 09:08 AM

NFL officiating is like the mafia, you can't say a word about them, they are heavily protected, they don't speak about anything, once you're in you're there for life. Seems kinda odd..

notorious
01-08-2018, 09:09 AM
"Team is soft and couldn't get over the call" "They had their chances to win in spite of the officials".

What the fuck ever. They promote how the NFL is a game of inches, one play can make the difference, etc. yet this bullshit continues.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 09:11 AM
"Team is soft and couldn't get over the call" "They had their chances to win in spite of the officials".

What the fuck ever. They promote how the NFL is a game of inches, one play can make the difference, etc. yet this bullshit continues.

While influencing games they've taught fans that if you blame the refs you are a loser. Your team didn't deserve it etc etc. All plays right into it.

Best22
01-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Possibly, also Nashville is a big up and coming market at the moment that could play in.

Disagree. Nashville is growing a little faster than KC but is it is by no means a big market. KC and Nashville are similar size.

Titans probably have fewer fans than the Chiefs. But Mariota>Smith

Mecca
01-08-2018, 09:16 AM
Disagree. Nashville is growing a little faster than KC but is it is by no means a big market. KC and Nashville are similar size.

They are still having rapid growth, there's a lot of articles out there on it.

notorious
01-08-2018, 09:16 AM
I am not buying the promotion of the Tits. They are as boring as the Chiefs, maybe more.

If I put on my really thick tinfoil hat (double lined) I can see the NFL forcing the Chiefs hand in making Alex exit and bring in the Mahomes era. We know how fucking stupid this franchise is with QBs, and the NFL might have been frightened of the prospect that a possible young QB star was going to be stuck on the bench one more year.

I don't even believe that, though.

ptlyon
01-08-2018, 09:19 AM
It's pretty well rigged either way, if Patrick Mahomes turns into a face of the league guess who will get some calls in their favor?

Might actually get a DPI or two...

Nzoner
01-08-2018, 09:19 AM
The speed of the game is such that refs don't really have time to do much nefarious plotting during the course of a play. They're simply incompetent. It's just more noticeable in the age of dozens of HD camera angles and large screen TVs. It's noticeable in baseball too.

Absolutely agree but if you have all this great technology then get the damn play called right no matter how much time it takes.

IMO instant replay,concussion protocol,former refs in the broadcast booth are just additions that can help manipulate a game and convince the viewer of why certain calls are being made.

Best22
01-08-2018, 09:21 AM
They are still having rapid growth, there's a lot of articles out there on it.

Tennessee is not as NFL crazed as we are. It's a CFB state. I think the refs either wanted a closer game, they wanted a cupcake for Brady, or maybe they just wanted a young "name" quarterback to win a playoff game

Nzoner
01-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Tennessee is not as NFL crazed as we are. It's a CFB state. I think the refs either wanted a closer game, they wanted a cupcake for Brady, or maybe they just wanted a young "name" quarterback to win a playoff game

Well the one thing I have not seen mentioned here is Vegas,don't forget the spread opened at KC -7.5 and closed at -9 which means bettors were betting KC big.

All four underdogs covered Vegas spreads this weekend and every favorite was -6 or higher which seemed very plausible based on the match-ups.

TEX
01-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Absolutely agree but if you have all this great technology then get the damn play called right no matter how much time it takes.

IMO instant replay,concussion protocol,former refs in the broadcast booth are just additions that can help manipulate a game and convince the viewer of why certain calls are being made.

Interesting. You may be on to something.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 09:32 AM

A good example of the disconnect between officials and everyone else is remember the Chiefs/Cardinals game? Mike Carey and Trent Green literally disagreed on every single questionable call. I thought Trent was gonna call him a fucking moron on TV at one point.

All the refs in the booth are there for is to defend the calls made.

Nzoner
01-08-2018, 09:32 AM

I'm 100% convinced I am after the 28 point debacle against the Colts,hell KC had 3 players lost to concussion protocol and Charles was on the sideline pleading his case to go back in and don't even get me started on the Vegas spread on that game that opened at Indy -1 and closed at KC -2 and Indy ends up winning by what?

Mecca
01-08-2018, 09:34 AM
I'm 100% convinced I am after the 28 point debacle against the Colts,hell KC had 3 players lost to concussion protocol and Charles was on the sideline pleading his case to go back in and don't even get me started on the Vegas spread on that game that opened at Indy -1 and closed at KC -2 and Indy ends up winning by what?

If you watch all those numbers and then the game outcomes it starts looking extremely fishy.

philfree
01-08-2018, 09:35 AM
Since Lamar Hunt forced his way into the league and then won it all.. well sometimes I think there's a deal in place that will never allow the Chiefs to win it all again. Those old bastards had to hate Lamar for what he did to their league. So it wasn't about propping up Tennessee it was about holding down the Chiefs.

I'm not saying I really believe that but it would explain how there's always messed calls in every Chiefs home playoff loss.

Chiefnj2
01-08-2018, 09:35 AM
The NFL doesn't like being embarrassed. NFL news these days is like TMZ. They love reporting crap more than the game. That's why Andy needs to take a bullet one time and go off in a press conference on the officiating. It will draw headlines for days and bring attention to one of the real factors why people aren't watching the game and why they think it's fixed.

KC_Lee
01-08-2018, 09:49 AM

As a resident of Nashville - Davidson county I can tell you that it is growing at an incredible pace. The housing market cannot keep up with the demand.

Nzoner
01-08-2018, 09:51 AM
If you watch all those numbers and then the game outcomes it starts looking extremely fishy.

I watch NFL Vegas spreads and over/unders religiously,every game all season long and I watch a helluva lot of games and yes it's amazing how many games have calls that affect those numbers.

BTW,not just refs,Christmas night Philly was favored over Oakland by 10 and it was late in 4th 13-10 Philly.Oakland loses ball Philly D scores making it 19-10 so now with the extra point at least it lands on 10 and bettors get a push or their money back but no Philly opts to not kick the extra point keeping it at 9 and the game is over.And Foles or not we all know Oakland had no business being in that game that late.

Lastly,I do very little betting so this not a butthurt theory because I lose money on the games,it's become a hobby for me and one that in all honesty breaks my ****ing heart because I use to love this game so much.

oldman
01-08-2018, 09:51 AM
What needs to happen is the fans need to say enough is enough and start sending letters, posting on social media, boycott sponsors, and yes, maybe even fly banners. What is the NFL going to do, not let us go to a draft party? Screw this nonsense every freaking week. I don't care if the zebras have it out for someone, they've been told to keep the games close, or whatever else might be a reason, this crap has got to stop. If I want to see some pretty young thing get the calls, I think I'll just start watching women's WWE. Now that's entertainment.

ChiefFanForHire
01-08-2018, 10:01 AM
I'm not going to say it's "staged" or "scripted", but as soon as Triplette lied about forward progress to negate our right to challenge possession, our game became illegitimate.

It was a bad call to start with, that I think was made on purpose....but it was just a bad call, that we could legally challenge however, so whatever.

When Triplette lied and said there was forward progress and therfore we can't challenge, the entire game became illegitimate. Doesn't matter that there was a whole half to play, doesn't matter we had 500 chances, would not have mattered if we won by 50 or lost by 60. As soon as Triplette lied, circumventing the rulebook to keep things close, for whatever agenda, the whole thing wbecame 100 percent illegitimate.

And I agree with everyone on here that the younger generation, they ain't buying it. They can log into the internet and have casual sex with 1000s of chicks in their own area, sometimes 2,3 different girls a day, anytime they want. Why would they deny themselves that to watch a bunch of 3 hour shows that constantly look, act, and feel bogus?

straycash
01-08-2018, 10:09 AM
I’m 95% sure it’s 10% rigged or sometimes it is, WTF am I saying, NFL is and have always been rigged the Mafia’s been there since the 60’s. It’s painfully obvious to anyone who isn’t an American. So easy to be a Chiefs fan.

Eleazar
01-08-2018, 10:18 AM
There's no reason to believe in some massive game-fixing conspiracy. The problems with officiating are obvious.

Some crews, like Triplette's, are incompetent, and the league doesn't hold them accountable.

The league has also made many complex rule changes that make it nearly impossible for anyone - referee or otherwise - to explain some of them.

You combine those two things, and it's a fatal mix.

If there's a scandal regarding the Chiefs game, it's that Triplette was given a playoff game as a retirement gift when his crew sucked. The NFL's feet should be held to the fire about that one.

And going forward, the fan base should demand that the NFL improve the quality and accountability in officiating and simplify the rules so that fans get accurate decisions from the officials and actually believe the officials' decisions when they are made.

Nzoner
01-08-2018, 10:24 AM
There's no reason to believe in some massive game-fixing conspiracy.

Not at all,even if the 1919 World series,'78-'79 Boston College Scandal,Tim Donaghy '07 NBA scandal happened there's no reason to even entertain the idea it might be happening in the NFL?

Eleazar
01-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Not at all,even if the 1919 World series,'78-'79 Boston College Scandal,Tim Donaghy '07 NBA scandal happened there's no reason to even entertain the idea it might be happening in the NFL?

We're not talking about a handful of players shaving points here, these tinfoilers are alleging the NFL is running a centralized conspiracy league-wide to manipulate most outcomes, which would involve hundreds and hundreds of people over decades, none of whom have ever let a peep slip out about it.

And, of course, when the outcomes go our way or go against teams we don't like, nobody thinks there's any corruption. They probably tried to swing that game but failed. It's all confirmation bias

lcarus
01-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Officiating is so horridly retarded that it defeats the purpose of even playing the game. I see holdings and blocks in the back all day long with no flags and then they call it when it DOESN'T happen just to fuck us out of a huge play that might have won us the game.

It was the same last season with the Steelers 2 point conversion. That was a holding on Fisher but the fact they chose to call it there and not the other 80 times it happened is just dumb.

That "forward progress" fumble by Mariota was possibly THE worst call I've seen. It just makes no sense on any level. He was hit and lost the ball. Bang bang. What's the point of these stupid games? Oh yeah...to steal money from people.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2018, 10:55 AM
It's human error. In real time with the human eye most things go unseen. When every player has a camera on them and slowed down to super slow motion things are seen. When you attend a game live, you don't notice 99% of the shit that is called out.

Chiefnj2
01-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Just saw some still photos on Newton being outside the box on the grounding call.

Is that a reviewable play?

KChiefs1
01-08-2018, 11:01 AM
I've said it for years now...refs are ruining the NFL.

It's getting to be unwatchable.

ptlyon
01-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Just saw some still photos on Newton being outside the box on the grounding call.

Not now.

Nzoner
01-08-2018, 11:03 AM
We're not talking about a handful of players shaving points here, these tinfoilers are alleging the NFL is running a centralized conspiracy league-wide to manipulate most outcomes, which would involve hundreds and hundreds of people over decades, none of whom have ever let a peep slip out about it.

And, of course, when the outcomes go our way or go against teams we don't like, nobody thinks there's any corruption. They probably tried to swing that game but failed. It's all confirmation bias

I wouldn't say none,there's one helluva read out there called Interference:How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football.

If nothing else just watch the first 35 seconds of this....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AXlg_E2WTL0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1
01-08-2018, 11:06 AM
One more thing while we are talking about the NFL. I know this concussion protocol is supposed to help player safety but in my opinion it could be detrimental to player because teams could target star players to knock them out of games due to the protocol(Travis Kelce).

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2018, 11:07 AM

It was iffy to tell in real time.

jd1020
01-08-2018, 11:34 AM

I thought he was outside the pocket. At worst he lets go of the ball on the same line his RT started from.

What I found amazing is how there was no review on the interception that actually hurt the Panthers. It was under 2 minutes so it would have to come from the officiating crew. How did they decide that the Panthers player completed the catch? I thought it was pretty obvious that he didn't catch it and it should have been a turnover on downs near midfield, but I was at a restaurant that had the game on and didn't get a real good look at it so what do I know.

Nzoner
01-08-2018, 11:38 AM
I thought he was outside the pocket. At worst he lets go of the ball on the same line his RT started from.

What I found amazing is how there was no review on the interception that actually hurt the Panthers. It was under 2 minutes so it would have to come from the officiating crew. How did they decide that the Panthers player completed the catch? I thought it was pretty obvious that he didn't catch it and it should have been a turnover on downs near midfield, but I was at a restaurant that had the game on and didn't get a real good look at it so what do I know.

No,you are correct,in fact one the Carolina defenders was by the ref doing the incomplete gesture,that play should have been reviewed.Don't get it at all you make a rule and then don't even follow it.

Mile High Mania
01-08-2018, 11:51 AM

I just don't see it that way... he was clearly trying to avoid a sack in the pocket. Cam might have moved 18 inches to the right of his original dropback.

JD10367
01-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Winners win.

Losers complain about the refs.

Perennial losers complain about the refs AND say the game is rigged.

Most of you sound like fucking crybabies 24/7. It’s not the NFL’s fault your ownership sucks. It’s not the NFL’s fault your HC is solid but not great. It’s not the NFL’s fault you haven’t had decent QBs. Shut... the... fuck... up.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Winners win.

Most of you sound like ****ing crybabies 24/7. It’s not the NFL’s fault your ownership sucks. It’s not the NFL’s fault your HC is solid but not great. It’s not the NFL’s fault you haven’t had decent QBs. Shut... the... ****... up.

https://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

Mile High Mania
01-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Winners win.

Most of you sound like ****ing crybabies 24/7. It’s not the NFL’s fault your ownership sucks. It’s not the NFL’s fault your HC is solid but not great. It’s not the NFL’s fault you haven’t had decent QBs. Shut... the... ****... up.

https://media.giphy.com/media/udmx3pgdiD7tm/giphy.gif

HemiEd
01-08-2018, 12:02 PM

That is bad, as bad as the Chiefs game. I have watched zero football since then.

Totally lost interest in it for now, even took the NFL app off of my phone.

straycash
01-08-2018, 12:05 PM
No way it could be fixed on such massive scale.. Well why not? Besides you don't need many in on it. If rigged is so offensive to you call it what it is entertainment, kill the child inside you and enjoy. Now chins up PMII is gonna bring entertainment for the masses. Stop praying to the football gods cuz we cursed lmao give me a break.

HemiEd
01-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Well the one thing I have not seen mentioned here is Vegas,don't forget the spread opened at KC -7.5 and closed at -9 which means bettors were betting KC big.

All four underdogs covered Vegas spreads this weekend and every favorite was -6 or higher which seemed very plausible based on the match-ups.

:clap: There it is.

straycash
01-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Winners win.

Deflate all you want patsie, lucky for you 9/11 happened.

HemiEd
01-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Winners win.

Fuck you n00b, STFU.

SAUTO
01-08-2018, 12:35 PM
They must be ready for mahomes too...

notorious
01-08-2018, 01:07 PM
They must be ready for mahomes too...

LMAO

Nzoner
01-08-2018, 01:21 PM
:clap: There it is.

What cracks me up is everyone wants to toss this stat and that stat around but when it comes to numbers,those are the real stats the majority of the time.

Xanathol
01-08-2018, 01:27 PM
Then yesterday, we've been conditioned that you can't touch a QB's head, you can't tackle him low etc etc...then I watch Tyrod Taylor get his head basically jammed into the ground with a chokehold tackle and they don't flag that? The guy would have been suspeded for a year had he done that to Brady.You misunderstand the rule (https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/#article-9.-roughing-the-passer):

A passer who is standing still or fading backward after the ball has left his hand is obviously out of the play and must not be unnecessarily contacted by an opponent through the end of the down or until the passer becomes a blocker, or a runner, or, in the event of a change of possession during the down, until he assumes a distinctly defensive position. However, at any time after the change of possession, it is a foul if:

an opponent forcibly hits the quarterback’s head or neck area with his helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder

Adding to that not saying Carolina was gonna win but that Intentional Grounding penalty was also complete bullshit and decided the game.The TV broadcast even drew the lines for the tacklebox for you at one point, proving he was not out of it (not to mention no receiver even in the picture).

Titty Meat
01-08-2018, 01:29 PM
I said this when we played the Raiders on TNF this year. They stole that game from us.

notorious
01-08-2018, 01:45 PM
What cracks me up is everyone wants to toss this stat and that stat around but when it comes to numbers,those are the real stats the majority of the time.

What site do you use to follow the line? It might be useful.....

HemiEd
01-08-2018, 01:49 PM

Exactly, and we are talking many, many millions of dollars each week.

Last time I checked, these refs are not paid all that well. $173,000 is a pittance compared to players and coaches.

There were players on that field getting over a million dollars per game!

rabblerouser
01-08-2018, 01:50 PM
...then people wonder why this shit looks rigged.

Not me - quit wondering long ago.

Now, I just watch to confirm why I don't spend any money on that crap anymore.

I used to be the biggest Chiefs fan around, but now I'm jaded to the core.

rabblerouser
01-08-2018, 01:51 PM
I said this when we played the Raiders on TNF this year. They stole that game from us.

You mean most teams don't get as many untimed downs as it takes to get the winning score?

HemiEd
01-08-2018, 01:56 PM
You mean most teams don't get as many untimed downs as it takes to get the winning score?

Yep and that game was huge for the NFL, it brought the Chiefs back in sight and made a California team relevant again. The Raiders are a national brand.

It kind of makes you wonder when you see some players not giving it their all towards the end of a game like that. Maybe they suspect something and feel there is no use.

Could be an explanation why Andy doesn't get worked up when the Chiefs get fucked, he is clued into which way things are going to go.

Nzoner
01-08-2018, 01:57 PM
What site do you use to follow the line? It might be useful.....

scoresandodds.com

notorious
01-08-2018, 01:58 PM
scoresandodds.com

Thanks

rabblerouser
01-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Winners win.

Yup.

Just like the announcers said "foward progress?? Ok, and we're moving on..."

If you're Pitt and NE, you get those calls and you're a winner and have nothing to complain about.

Marcellus
01-08-2018, 01:59 PM
At the game watching the replay and watching video of the play after the game.
I have no ****ing clue why dipshit Tripplet blew the whistle on DJ's sack force fumble which should have gone for 6 and 10 point swing.

There is no such thing as forward progress on a fucking sack when the QB just gets smoked.

I just don't get it.

tmax63
01-08-2018, 02:00 PM
I liked how Cam Newton couldn't make it off the field under his own power and he was back after missing one play. It was a "visor in the eye" problem. Instant replay has gotten to be a farce. I don't care if Triplette said "forward progress", replay was started to be able to fix crap like that. During the review it clearly showed a fumble and recovery by KC. Since the whistle had been blown I would of been fine with awarding the ball to KC at the spot because the whistle could have caused players to let up at that point. You shouldn't need lawyers and perfect fucking grammar to fix a blown call.

ptlyon
01-08-2018, 02:04 PM
I liked how Cam Newton couldn't make it off the field under his own power and he was back after missing one play. It was a "visor in the eye" problem. Instant replay has gotten to be a farce. I don't care if Triplette said "forward progress", replay was started to be able to fix crap like that. During the review it clearly showed a fumble and recovery by KC. Since the whistle had been blown I would of been fine with awarding the ball to KC at the spot because the whistle could have caused players to let up at that point. You shouldn't need lawyers and perfect ****ing grammar to fix a blown call.

Wonder why it isn't... Hmmm. Can't put my finger on it...

Frosty
01-08-2018, 02:14 PM
Speaking of the Falcons-Rams game...

At the end of the first half, the Rams are driving down the field. They are out of timeouts when a receiver catches the ball inside the 20. The players rush up to spike the ball when the refs stop the clock to review the play, even though it was obviously a catch.

They review and confirm the catch. The clock doesn't start again until they snap the ball. However, at the end of the Seahawks-Lions game earlier in the season, a similar review had a 10 second runoff that ended the game. How come there wasn't a 10 second runoff in the Rams game?

They basically gave the Rams a free timeout. They also stopped the clock again for them and review a previous play after the Rams clocked the ball (I've never heard the rule that you could review a previous play after a new one was run if there was a defensive penalty on that play). It was a weird series of events and really looked like they were giving the Rams chance after chance to score there.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy but I do think they have made all of this way too complicated and the refs can't keep up with it. I also think they need to have way more cameras so we can eliminate this "no clear view" bullshit.

Nzoner
01-08-2018, 02:46 PM
I have no ****ing clue why dipshit Tripplet blew the whistle on DJ's sack force fumble which should have gone for 6 and 10 point swing.

There is no such thing as forward progress on a ****ing sack when the QB just gets smoked.

I just don't get it.

Not trying to convince anyone of anything but WHAT IF certain refs are just trying to keep a game within the point spread and then the favorite i.e. Chiefs in this case just can't overcome it and lose outright.

notorious
01-08-2018, 02:52 PM
I will take replacement refs every day. At least everyone will get equally screwed.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 03:37 PM
Winners win.

Most of you sound like fucking crybabies 24/7. It’s not the NFL’s fault your ownership sucks. It’s not the NFL’s fault your HC is solid but not great. It’s not the NFL’s fault you haven’t had decent QBs. Shut... the... fuck... up.

It's so easy to say that when you're team is given the benefit of these calls constantly. Perspective means something when it comes to this...

Someone cue up that clip of Walt Coleman during a review going "just give it to them"

Spott
01-08-2018, 03:44 PM
It's so easy to say that when you're team is given the benefit of these calls constantly. Perspective means something when it comes to this...

Someone cue up that clip of Walt Coleman during a review going "just give it to them"

Wait, is that dude a Pats fan?

GoChargers
01-08-2018, 03:49 PM
I will take replacement refs every day. At least everyone will get equally screwed.

I actually miss the replacement refs. The real ones are incompetent too (case in point: the ten-second runoff fiasco in the Saints/Panthers game). At least with the replacement refs, the Important Teams were being treated the same as everyone else for once.

Mecca
01-08-2018, 04:02 PM
Wait, is that dude a Pats fan?

Yes he is, he's been here since the Cassel Piol days, several of them are still here. I bet the Alex blowhards don't leave either.

Buehler445
01-08-2018, 04:03 PM
I preface this by saying I don't believe the refs fix games, but bias is out there.

If you're going to blow an 18 point lead in a half it takes all of the following.

1. Get fucked by the refs on some calls.
2. Moron coaching
3. Ridiculous lucky plays.

Before the game I'd have said it would take a turnover too, but Reid outperformed the standard there. Fuck my life.

If you're tin foiling up, it's because the Chiefs handed the Cheatriots a bad L and they don't want any part of that.

I'm not there or else they'd have started in sooner. The whole Mariotta pass to himself for 6 was just Chiefs luck. It's more likely they said to each other that we ought to give TENN a break. Not know the Chiefs can Chief off any lead at any time.

Holy hell. I forgot about the spot. ROFL That is really really bad officiating. Remote sensing needs to happen. Now.

Occam's Razor, man.

The refs are shit and buttfuck all teams through shitterrible calls throughout the year.

However, to ignore the bias out there is shortsighted. Especially after that one douchebucket told Cam he hadn't "earned" that call yet. If your position is that the buttfucking from calls is random, man, that's as head-in-the-sand as there has ever been.

Even so far as Von Douche launching at Smith long after he'd thrown the ball and getting no fine while Hali tried to get to Manning while some fucking elephant was sitting on his back got fined.

Right. The margin on almost all of these games is a turnover (fuck you Tripplett), doinking a kick, hitting some big play or getting a big sack that can be tremendously affected by OPI, DPI, holding, blocks in the back, whatever. There is no argument that the officiating is fucking hogwash all over the league and it is detrimental to the game. Whether or not it is detrimental to their earnings, I don't know. But the game is a big pile of fucking fuck.

One more thing while we are talking about the NFL. I know this concussion protocol is supposed to help player safety but in my opinion it could be detrimental to player because teams could target star players to knock them out of games due to the protocol(Travis Kelce).

A buddy of mine proposed that if a dude is headhunting, he needs to be out as long as the guy is hurt on top of the yardage. If it is a play, whatever, if it is the rest of the year so be it. And maybe you need to make it any helmet to helmet that leads to a concussion so you take the subjectivity out of it. But that needs to happen if there is any shot at getting dumbfucks to stop.

Interestingly, LeBatard today was ranting about the concussion thing and his position was that even with all the independent shit and all that teams are still finding a way to get dudes out there. He had a bunch of examples of dudes going into the tent for a split second and back out there after they took giant blows to their dome and were at least very likely concussed.

I don't care as much about what he's getting at because at this point, dudes know about concussions and if they don't give a fuck why should I? But goddamn it. How the hell could we not get Charles back in the Indy game when he by all accounts didn't have one and all these other motherfuckers that are loopy as fuck can get around it?

Buehler445
01-08-2018, 04:09 PM
Winners win.

Lick my fucking taint twat waffle. They fucking changed the rules when our guy hit your guy so I don't want to fucking hear it from your cunt ass.

Besides that though, in addition to rooting for this fuckfest of a team, I also root for KU, who wins and gets calls. I rail against officiating in that sport too, because it too is inconsistent. Even when it goes for my team. In college ball there is virtually nothing that is called the same between the early games and tournament games except for maybe lane violations. And I fucking hate it. Even if my team is the one winning and getting some calls. Fuck that bullshit. Call what's there.

So you can fuck right the fuck off with your motherfucking grandstanding from the position of an entitled fucking cunt.

cosmo20002
01-08-2018, 04:12 PM

This is false.
Stop posting.

Spott
01-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Winners win.

Eat a dick you cock-loving piece of shit.

eDave
01-08-2018, 04:20 PM
I was never on this train but am after Saturday. And Mahomes won't fix it.

crayzkirk
01-08-2018, 04:39 PM
Personally, I don't like the throw away rule if you are out of the pocket. Huge disadvantage to the defense, which unfortunately, most penalties against them are. I say if you want to throw the ball away to avoid a sack or stop the clock, fine. The ball is placed at the spot where you decided to throw it away. I believe the rule was put in place to protect the referees when it's obvious the quarterback is simply throwing the ball away to avoid a sack. Really seems wrong on all counts.

We do have a choice... stop watching, buying NFL products, talking about the teams, etc.

Chief Pagan
01-08-2018, 05:59 PM
I was never on this train but am after Saturday. And Mahomes won't fix it.

Bite your tongue.

When Mahomes becomes the next Peyton/Brady/Rodgers all rolled into one, he sure as hell better.

:harumph:

notorious
01-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Bite your tongue.

When Mahomes becomes the next Peyton/Brady/Rodgers all rolled into one, he sure as hell better.

We are going to hear the meltdowns of Pats, Broncos, etc fans when they finally get the shit end of the stick over and over.

If Mahomes works out, that is. Looks promising, but I won't hold my breath.

eDave
01-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Bite your tongue.

We will still be in KC.

KC_Connection
01-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Yes, it's a rigged system. Always was. That's why the only chance is to rig the system in your favor and start Mahomes.

KC_Connection
01-08-2018, 08:23 PM
We will still be in KC.
Peyton Manning was in fucking Indianapolis.

Rain Man
01-08-2018, 08:56 PM
I think this is the closest to accurate. The refs aren't actively trying to generate any particular outcome, but they bend their judgment to the cachet of the players involve in any particular situation.

And if there's a single argument in favor of Mahomes I actively loathe, this is it.

If we actually have the prospect of being a more successful team SOLELY because THE LEAGUE FINDS PATRICK PRETTY and POTENTIALLY LUCRATIVE, I don't want that success and I don't want to watch anything associated with that product.

You might want to develop a new hobby, then, because this is how it works now.

KChiefs1
01-08-2018, 09:26 PM

There is no such thing as forward progress on a fucking sack when the QB just gets smoked.

I just don't get it.

Rich Eisen showed a picture Eric Stonestreet sent him showing Triplette in the background when DJ decleated Mariota & the whistle wasn't in his mouth & his arms were by his side.

notorious
01-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Rich Eisen showed a picture Eric Stonestreet sent him showing Triplette in the background when DJ decleated Mariota & the whistle wasn't in his mouth & his arms were by his side.

No way.

Wow.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-08-2018, 10:14 PM
No way.

Wow.

Yes way.

I refuse to take any game result seriously. This sport is a fucking joke.

Look at the first Raider game. Also, Pitt and New England gets a flag EVERY time on our last offensive possession.

jd1020
01-08-2018, 10:18 PM

Huh?

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9993599/dj_SMASH.0_1.gif

Whistle in his mouth and arm in the air.

Btw, it wouldn't have been run back for a TD. Houston was wrapped up by a Titans player after he picked up the ball but the Titans player let him go because of the whistle.

jd1020
01-08-2018, 10:26 PM
'One mississippi, two mississi' between DJ making contact and the first portion of Triplett appearing on the screen.

Thats not at real speed.

As soon as Mariota hits the ground hes blowing his whistle and raising his hand calling the play dead.

I'm not really sure what we are trying to say here because the only still picture that could have been shown would be Mariota literally mid air with Triplette not calling the play dead.

jd1020
01-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Just pointing out a gap in the evidentiary record what could reconcile the gif with Stonestreet's rumored photo stil

I get that but I just dont know what the significance would be.

He clearly blew the play dead. So he didn't have his whistle in his mouth at the very moment DJ hit him? Ok?

Gadzooks
01-09-2018, 01:00 AM

Reasons for the NFL to push Nashville:
- Nashville is a growing market.
- The Titans have actually had increased attendance this season, as opposed to the rest of the league. The NFL already knows KC fans will always show up.
- The Titans drafted a QB in the 1st round who hasn't had much success. The NFL wants to promote the "next generation" of QBs
- Aside from having competition from entrenched CFB teams, the NHL's Nashville Predators are also threatening to steal away the NFL's $$$. (They're at 100.3% capacity in terms of attendance)

Pushing the Titans forward makes a lot of sense for the NFL. They want to create the same type of market they have in KC. Always there, no matter what.

bevischief
01-09-2018, 01:04 AM
This is sad. This is what Football has turned into. A soap opera and cover ups of their own design. Please go down the toilet and don't come back.

KChiefs1
01-11-2018, 09:21 AM
https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/951136550481551365

Mennonite
01-11-2018, 09:31 AM
How can it not be a conspiracy? I mean, Andy Reid and Alex Smith had an unblemished record of clutch playoff performances before coming to KC, so there's no other logical explanation that I can see.

Rain Man
01-11-2018, 09:42 AM
https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/951136550481551365

It's hard to believe that the officials would have negated a big play by the Chiefs.

I remember this happening. The Chiefs were off to a good start on a critical drive and this call derailed it. Shocker.

ChiefFanForHire
01-11-2018, 10:03 AM
It's hard to believe that the officials would have negated a big play by the Chiefs.

I remember this happening. The Chiefs were off to a good start on a critical drive and this call derailed it. Shocker.

Absolutely criminal - I remember screaming at the ringmasters, er, I mean, refs, over this one too.

But Hali being choke held from behind his whole career is OK!!! I can only imagine how impressive Hali's stats would be if he'd been drafted by Pitt or NE instead of us.

WilliamTheIrish
01-14-2018, 04:53 PM
It's all rigged for Ben and Brady to meet again. We had to lose so Brady could play a cupcake and Mariota a young buck could win and the league looks good. Smith is boring and it hurts us with the refs for certain. Mahomes will change all of that for us.

All rigged for Ben and Brady... well, I guess the NFL wanted...chuckle... Blake Abort-els.