PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andy Reid's approval rating

Eleazar
01-08-2018, 09:03 PM
A simple question. Do you approve of the job Andy Reid is doing as the head coach of the Chiefs?

Sassy Squatch
Mahomes is the key to his success or failure now.

O.city
Yes

But no

Why Not?
Simple answer. Fuck and no

Pablo
01-08-2018, 09:05 PM
See playoff record for answer.

Nickhead
01-08-2018, 09:06 PM
mr hunt needs to strip andy of all playcalling duties. demote him to manager. :D

Rain Man
01-08-2018, 09:09 PM

The key question is whether Patrick will save Andy or Andy will ruin Patrick.

I have a fear of a cardigan-wearing, Proust-reading Mahomes looking over his reading glasses at us five years from now, saying, "I favor the safe, high percentage throws".

BigRedChief
01-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Horrible poll. Job approval? BS poll. You either get rid of him or keep him. I voted to keep him.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2018, 09:13 PM
I'm not over the moon about Andy right now, but he is receiving far more blame than he should. Sutton should get at least half of the blame with his stupid schemes week in and week out.

And as mentioned in some other threads, how many times are we going to blame Andy Reid for the QB not being willing to throw the football where he should? That shows up all too often.

Reid should not and is not in any danger of being fired. We'll see in a couple years if that changes.

kcpasco
01-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Remember the days of firing Haley and thinking Crennel would save us. LOL

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2018, 09:14 PM
I'm not over the moon about Andy right now, but he is receiving far more blame than he should. Sutton should get at least half of the blame with his stupid schemes week in and week out.

And as mentioned in some other threads, how many times are we going to blame Andy Reid for the QB not being willing to throw the football where he should? That shows up all too often.

Reid should not and is not in any danger of being fired. We'll see in a couple years if that changes.
If Sutton isn't replaced, its going to take at least an AFC championship appearance for me to not want Reid thrown out on his ass.

Bwana
01-08-2018, 09:19 PM
No

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-08-2018, 09:22 PM
No Nagy with a bunch of vets gone...If he wants a 10 win season and a division title he better keep Smith and restructure that contract to make the pieces fit.

Otherwise it's 7-9 and a lot of pain.

carcosa
01-08-2018, 09:23 PM
No

carcosa
No Nagy with a bunch of vets gone...If he wants a 10 win season and a division title he better keep Smith and restructure that contract to make the pieces fit.

No

Sassy Squatch

Go fuck yourself.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-08-2018, 09:26 PM
Reid got absolutely shredded by the media today.

He's the anti-clutch. The clock mismanager. Plays to lose.

a pp roach
01-08-2018, 09:40 PM
No. Unless he figures out what a running back is.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Yes. Damn good coach. You aren't going to win playoff games with Alex Smith as your QB unless you play against Brian Hoyer.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-08-2018, 09:44 PM
There won't be a playoff for us unless you ride the hot hand with Smith and let him run the show with a full offensive roster. The loss of Conley was enormous

notorious
01-08-2018, 09:46 PM
There won't be a playoff for us unless you ride the hot hand with Smith and let him run the show with a full offensive roster. The loss of Conley was enormous

Is this satire?

LMAO

Reerun_KC
01-08-2018, 09:53 PM
I’m never a fan of rehashing the trash.

I like young inventive and hungry for success coaches. Not fat fucks looking for a buffet to destroy.

Never a fan of the good ol boy coaches club = rehashing the trash.

a pp roach
01-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Let's get Priest Holmes to coach this team

Indian Chief
01-08-2018, 09:56 PM
I'm not happy with the results and I'm not going to excuse any of the awful decisions he makes in big spots. But I also don't see any option out there that is clearly better. If you're going to replace him, you do it with someone better. Who is that?

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2018, 09:59 PM

You have got to be trolling.

jd1020
01-08-2018, 10:02 PM
You have got to be trolling.

Of course he is. He wrote that sentence as if he's a Chiefs fan.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Understanding the full play book and building that chemistry with the players all for what? So you can say goodbye to the #1 rated QB??

Madness.

GloryDayz
01-08-2018, 10:09 PM
At the end of the day he's a moron. Whatever he does well is erased by the things he does poorly.

He needs to go, he's too old and stubborn to change the things he needs to change to get him to a SB, and maybe win it. From his play calling, to not demanding more out for the defense, to being to silent about problems he then doesn't fix, he's toast.

The only thing saving him is Clark's ego that tells him him to go against the grain of common sense in hopes that he might someday look like he was the smart guy.

Dayze
01-08-2018, 10:10 PM
No.

You shit away two playoff games like he’s done in historic fashion, its inexcusable.

GloryDayz
01-08-2018, 10:13 PM
No.

You shit away two playoff games like he’s done in historic fashion, its inexcusable.

He works for Clark, Clark's a motherfucking football moron (even if he's a rich moron), so idiots like Andy are safe.

It all starts at the top..

Molitoth
01-08-2018, 10:14 PM

Who is us? You aren't even a chiefs fan.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2018, 10:14 PM
I wasn’t a fan of Andy in philly. Sure not a fan of him coaching my favorite team. Never have been. Most likely never will be.

Red Dawg
01-08-2018, 10:17 PM
A strong QB can cure a lot that hurts this team. Alex really was bad a more ways than one. Andy is ok. Mahomes won't fail to pull the trigger to get TDs and first downs.

Dayze
01-08-2018, 10:17 PM
But Andy got Alex the coveted 2017 QBR Trophy.

splatbass
01-08-2018, 10:22 PM
Not really fair to post a poll when everyone is still emotional after the loss.

GloryDayz
01-08-2018, 10:23 PM
Not really fair to post a poll when everyone is still emotional after the loss.

It does bring out honesty..

bobbything
01-08-2018, 10:25 PM

Lol. With $17 mil we could go get 2-3 legitimate players to help Mahomes.

As for the original question, I feel the same way about Reid as I did about Marty...one of these days he will do something right in the playoffs. But I’m not sure I can wait that long.

splatbass
01-08-2018, 10:27 PM
It does bring out honesty..

No, it doesn't. People will feel differently in a week or two. Never make a decision when emotional. Cooler heads make better decisions.

Beef Supreme
01-08-2018, 10:34 PM

Holy shit dude. Are you getting paid for all of your effort? I can't imagine anyone spending the kind of time you invest in alex Smith's defense without some kind of compensation.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2018, 10:40 PM
But Andy got Alex the coveted 2017 QBR Trophy.

This^

Basically it’s all about the stats.

bobbything
01-08-2018, 10:44 PM
The sooner we can get Mahomes as many reps as possible with Kelce, Hill, Hunt, and one more guy (plus help on defense) using Alex Smith’s money, the better. I don’t have any interest in wasting another year of those guys’ career on an average QB that is in his twilight years.

I’ll suffer 7-9 if it gets our QBOTF time with our best players.

BigCatDaddy
01-08-2018, 10:44 PM
He got us Hill, Kelce, and Hunt in the middle rounds. Also targeted and traded up for a very promising QB in round 1. He may have 3 assitants get HC jobs. He is a great HC.. just needs to not be an OC

GloryDayz
01-08-2018, 10:58 PM
No, it doesn't. People will feel differently in a week or two. Never make a decision when emotional. Cooler heads make better decisions.No they won't. They will have been sold a line of BS, but deep down they know it's just Clark having his marketing staff spread pixie dust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

T-post Tom
01-08-2018, 10:58 PM
The key question is whether Patrick will save Andy or Andy will ruin Patrick.

I have a fear of a cardigan-wearing, Proust-reading Mahomes looking over his reading glasses at us five years from now, saying, "I favor the safe, high percentage throws".

I find more fear in a turtleneck-wearing, Flaubert reading Mahomes. Call me provincial.

Hammock Parties
01-08-2018, 10:59 PM
He tried his best to put lipstick on a pig.

As long as he slaughters the pig now I'm good with him.

Sassy Squatch
01-08-2018, 11:03 PM
He tried his best to put lipstick on a pig.

As long as he slaughters the pig now I'm good with him.
Still a 66 year old pig he's just biding his time with as well.

Hammock Parties
01-08-2018, 11:04 PM
Still a 66 year old pig he's just biding his time with as well.

Bob's defenses have given up 22 points per playoff game since the Indy debacle.

He's had limited talent to work with.

I'm fine with him at DC.

RippedmyFlesh
01-08-2018, 11:20 PM

Too bad you are too immature to know football. Maybe when you grow up little boy he's gone. Cleveland hopefully to get destroyed.

Prison Bitch
01-08-2018, 11:31 PM
Remember the days of firing Haley and thinking Crennel would save us. LOL

No fan thought that

Hammock Parties
01-08-2018, 11:32 PM
No fan thought that

I battled homers ALL OFFSEASON over the Romeo Crennel hire.

People thought he was talking us back to the playoffs. ROFLROFLROFL

OKchiefs
01-08-2018, 11:36 PM
It depends on what he does this offseason.

- If he keeps Sutton around, then fuck him in his fat fucking ass.
- If he keeps Smith around, then fuck him in his fat fucking ass.
- If he goes with some bullshit internal OC hire, I'm not as pissed but I'm still pretty furious.

If he gets rid of Sutton, sends Smith off to Siberia, and brings in some new blood at OC he will have entered into my good graces again. Of course, my opinion matters for shit outside of my own head, but that's what I personally want to see. I'm not watching a single game next year if Smith is on the team. I'll watch if Sutton is around, but I will be extremely disgruntled and will doubt his every move.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2018, 11:37 PM
No fan thought that

ROFL. Seriously?

OKchiefs
01-08-2018, 11:40 PM

Yes, delay the inevitable for one more season. The definition of insanity is what exactly?

So we go another year with no super bowl or playoff success, and we delay getting our young quarterback experience for another year. We enter 2019 with the knowledge that it will be a growing season for Mahomes, instead of getting that out of the way in 2018. In 2019 we basically have one year to make a decision on Mahomes before we have to decide on whether or not to extend to him the 5th year option. We miss out on potential draft pick(s) for Alex Smith, further delaying the rebuild/retooling of the roster.

Any other brilliant takes? What a wonderful fucking idea, numb nuts.

Chief Northman
01-08-2018, 11:56 PM
What pisses me off the most is that Hunt allowed Reid to make the power play in hand picking Veach as the GM when Dorsey was shown the door. Hunt gave up the power that he sought to regain after the Pioli firing, as now there is no checks and balances for Reid. Veach could be a good talent evaluator, work magic with the cap and contracts but he will never have any control over Reid and coaching staff decisions. Veach and Donovan are extensions of Andy, and history is repeating itself again. 3 guys with different titles, but Andy holds and plays all the cards. Philly all over again. Watch him chase a ring by getting past their prime “name” free agents, maintaining a staff that will never challenge nor bring new innovation or energy to the team. His outward display of being loyal to assistants and never calling out players or officials is a front to hide his stubborn, tired, formula that affords him enough success to stay relevant but never revered.

Shit has to change. This franchise will tailspin if Reid is not given an ultimatum by Hunt (who allowed this to transpire) in that Reid must truly get out of his comfort zone. His 20 year formula has yet to work. He needs to think out of the box, humble himself, and be open to new contributions from young coaches and create accountability from both players and underperforming coaches.

If the Sutton/Smith/and promote from within for OC issues are not resolved soon, Hunt will see an empty stadium - with or without the shiny new qb.
Reid has to change now or be unemployd and regarded as one of the biggest chokers in NFL history as early as next year.

Chiefs316
01-09-2018, 12:11 AM
Unsure until I see what is done with Smith. If he’s on the roster opening day, I’m done. I would be fine with Sutton one more year as long as Mahomes is at the helm. Our D has played well enough. How many more points would we have needed to beat Indy, Pitt or Tennessee? Can Mahomes turn one or more of those 3 and outs/field goals into TDs? With better QB play, we don’t need an elite defense, we just need better Quarterbacking.

01-09-2018, 12:17 AM
Said it before. If Smith is the starter next year I won't attend a single game until he is gone. If Mahomes starts and we see the same crap play calling and playing not to lose (and still losing) I'm done until Reid is gone.

I'll still watch on tv but will not buy a single damned thing.

bevischief
01-09-2018, 12:29 AM
Want 2 new coordinators with take no names and leave no points off the board no matter how much lead and time left on clock. Screw with being nice.

crayzkirk
01-09-2018, 04:09 AM
Tired of cast of coaches and quarterbacks. Lather, rinse and repeat. Just like CEOs, get fired at one job and get hired at another. Wish I was part of that country club. Was against it when it happened and have seen nothing that would change my mind. Too bad the Chiefs never had a QB when they tried the Pioli/Haley experiment. Who knows what might have happened if they had drafted one instead of getting Cassel.

straycash
01-09-2018, 04:25 AM
Yes, Andy seems nice, give that man a big fat ring.

Eleazar
01-09-2018, 05:14 AM

I'm fine with him at DC.

ROFL

ILChief
01-09-2018, 06:03 AM
I'm withholding my vote until Sutton's fate is determined

bricks
01-09-2018, 07:37 AM
The answer to this question, it all depends on what your goals are for this team.

If you’re content with doing well in the regular season, while sh*tting the bag in the playoffs(this is Clark Hunts wet dream basically), then Andy is doing a great job and gets the approval.

If you’re not content with doing well in the regular season, while sh*tting the bag in the playoffs (as most fans are probably), then Andy can go **** himself and gets no approval.

I’m going with the second statement because I’ve seen this same old song with Marty and I’m sick of it.

Prison Bitch
01-09-2018, 07:37 AM
Fat Andy had a 5 year plan to bring us a playoff win

He did that

bricks
01-09-2018, 07:43 AM
Plus Andy Reid always says the same old things, “oh I gotta do a better job.” Said that in Philly and is doing that here in KC. Yet nothing ever changes, the common denominator stays the same blown leads and games. He only reinforces this franchises ability to choke. So not only no but **** no!

Chiefnj2
01-09-2018, 07:51 AM
What pisses me off the most is that Hunt allowed Reid to make the power play in hand picking Veach as the GM when Dorsey was shown the door. Hunt gave up the power that he sought to regain after the Pioli firing, as now there is no checks and balances for Reid. Veach could be a good talent evaluator, work magic with the cap and contracts but he will never have any control over Reid and coaching staff decisions. Veach and Donovan are extensions of Andy, and history is repeating itself again. 3 guys with different titles, but Andy holds and plays all the cards. Philly all over again. Watch him chase a ring by getting past their prime “name” free agents, maintaining a staff that will never challenge nor bring new innovation or energy to the team. His outward display of being loyal to assistants and never calling out players or officials is a front to hide his stubborn, tired, formula that affords him enough success to stay relevant but never revered.

Shit has to change. This franchise will tailspin if Reid is not given an ultimatum by Hunt (who allowed this to transpire) in that Reid must truly get out of his comfort zone. His 20 year formula has yet to work. He needs to think out of the box, humble himself, and be open to new contributions from young coaches and create accountability from both players and underperforming coaches.

If the Sutton/Smith/and promote from within for OC issues are not resolved soon, Hunt will see an empty stadium - with or without the shiny new qb.
Reid has to change now or be unemployd and regarded as one of the biggest chokers in NFL history as early as next year.

Yep.

Gravedigger
01-09-2018, 07:54 AM
Either Mahomes will make him look great, or foolish. I don't think much of Andy's tenure left in KC is up to him at this point. If Mahomes turns into Alex or better, then he's got some more time until the talent level drops or he just retires one day. But Mahomes comes off as the QB that will run the offense the way he wants to when he's comfortable with it. He'll follow Andy's commands at first, but once he starts to audible and lead, he'll take over to an extent and possibly ignore plays he doesn't think will work.

notorious
01-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Either Mahomes will make him look great, or foolish. I don't think much of Andy's tenure left in KC is up to him at this point. If Mahomes turns into Alex or better, then he's got some more time until the talent level drops or he just retires one day. But Mahomes comes off as the QB that will run the offense the way he wants to when he's comfortable with it. He'll follow Andy's commands at first, but once he starts to audible and lead, he'll take over to an extent and possibly ignore plays he doesn't think will work.

This is really our only hope.

staylor26
01-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Fucking morons still think Veach is a fake GM

:facepalm:

carcosa
01-09-2018, 08:46 AM
If Mahomes turns into Alex

please god no

tmax63
01-09-2018, 08:53 AM
A simple question. Do you approve of the job Andy Reid is doing as the head coach of the Chiefs?

A simple question asked 2-3 days after an ugly playoff loss. Kind of a predetermined outcome, yes????

carcosa
01-09-2018, 09:00 AM
A simple question asked 2-3 days after an ugly playoff loss. Kind of a predetermined outcome, yes????

Andy has choked in the playoffs 4 times in 5 years. The answer is gonna be no for me until he actually accomplishes something significant.

Molitoth
01-09-2018, 09:36 AM
I choose Unsure until I know if Alex/Sutton will be here next season.

King_Chief_Fan
01-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Andy has choked in the playoffs 4 times in 5 years. The answer is gonna be no for me until he actually accomplishes something significant.

yup

King_Chief_Fan
01-09-2018, 10:03 AM

I'm fine with him at DC.

Just when I think you couldn't be a bigger moron, you come up with another one :shake:

Hammock Parties
01-09-2018, 10:39 AM
Just when I think you couldn't be a bigger moron, you come up with another one :shake:

People just want one guy to point the finger at whether it's the offense or the defense.

It's stupid.

NO coach could make chicken salad out of the chicken shit that was on the field at the end of the game:

Frank Zombo, Allen Bailey, Daniel Sorensen, Darrelle Revis, Jarvis Jenkins and Bennie Logan all played at least 40 snaps in this game.

That's a fat lotta trash logging a lot of PT. And I'm not even counting Steven Nelson or DJ, who weren't exactly starting material this year.

It's a fucking miracle that Bob Sutton rounded that group into near-elite form in the last four games of the season to get us INTO the playoffs. Because the D was NAILS down the stretch.

Ya'll need to get some perspective because Buddy Ryan, Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy could be coaching the defense and not get more out of that group.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 10:50 AM
I think he's an excellent HC.

I think he's a poor OC and bad at decision making in crunch time (be it the last two minutes or for playoff games.)

He's an excellent motivator (much like Marty) and an excellent evaluator of coaching talent (much like Marty) but completely unable to let go and allow those people to make the calls (much like Marty.)

Eleazar
01-09-2018, 10:50 AM
People just want one guy to point the finger at whether it's the offense or the defense.

It's stupid.

NO coach could make chicken salad out of the chicken shit that was on the field at the end of the game:

Frank Zombo, Allen Bailey, Daniel Sorensen, Darrelle Revis, Jarvis Jenkins and Bennie Logan all played at least 40 snaps in this game.

That's a fat lotta trash logging a lot of PT. And I'm not even counting Steven Nelson or DJ, who weren't exactly starting material this year.

It's a ****ing miracle that Bob Sutton rounded that group into near-elite form in the last four games of the season to get us INTO the playoffs. Because the D was NAILS down the stretch.

Ya'll need to get some perspective because Buddy Ryan, Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy could be coaching the defense and not get more out of that group.

There you go. Claynus says there's nothing wrong with Sutton. He's done as good as Buddy Ryan, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, etc. would do. The defense was nails. Nothing is wrong. Status quo on defense is great.

ROFL

Chiefnj2
01-09-2018, 10:51 AM

It's stupid.

Your trolling skills are good.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2018, 10:56 AM
There you go. Claynus says there's nothing wrong with Sutton. He's done as good as Buddy Ryan, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, etc. would do. The defense was nails. Nothing is wrong. Status quo on defense is great.

ROFL

Look, he ain't perfect, but I'm telling you...when you're starting Frank Zombo and dudes you grabbed off the trash heap at ILB and CB...your options are limited.

And he coached that unit up enough to completely befuddle three potential playoff teams, which directly landed this team in the playoffs.

He's no Gunther...who was legitimately BAD when he didn't have top end talent.

When the defense was even just a tiny bit healthier the job he did against the Eagles was quite frankly, fucking amazing.

He's a stupid scapegoat for a clear lack of talent.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2018, 10:59 AM
John Dorsey sucked ass a GM getting defense talent on this team. We also have a shitty average QB who was risk averse. Bunch of scrubs on defense plus Alex Smith equals a lose. Some of you are too fucking stupid to see that. A legit franchise QB marches the team down and wins that game, hell probably makes it a 34-22 type game.

Andy Reid has done a fine job getting a below average talent team where we are today. You aren't fucking winning in January with Alex Smith.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 11:00 AM
When you have a 6 game losing streak vs. teams with losing records you didn't have a good year.

That's just shameful...

RunKC
01-09-2018, 11:05 AM

I'm fine with him at DC.

Holy shit

Hammock Parties
01-09-2018, 11:09 AM
Holy shit

If Eric Berry had not gotten hurt, people would be talking about how the defense earned this team a second trip to New England, or maybe even the #1 seed.

This team probably wins 3-4 more games with Eric Berry on the field.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2018, 11:18 AM
I actually think it would be a MISTAKE to fire Sutton.

He knows this group better than any coach in the league. He knows their strengths and weaknesses and how to put them in a position to succeed, which means allowing <20 points

Just looking back at the schedule I'd say he did just that in 11 or 12 games this year, and that's not counting that game in Houston that was filled with garbage time points.

If Bob Sutton is fired it's purely because someone had to be a scapegoat and fall on the sword. This is not a Greg Robinson situation.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 11:20 AM
If Eric Berry had not gotten hurt, people would be talking about how the defense earned this team a second trip to New England, or maybe even the #1 seed.

This team is the no 1 seed with Berry...

gold_and_red
01-09-2018, 11:22 AM
This team is the no 1 seed with Berry...

If Andy sees it the same way then no way he is letting go of Sutton. Replace Smith with shiny new QB, put the sheeple back in the stadium and roll on.

RunKC
01-09-2018, 11:22 AM

I stood up for that motherfucker bc Dorsey truthfully was a big part of the problem, but the Titans game was the last straw for Sutton.

How on Earth could this guy get a great half of play out of this defense and then let it fall to shit?

He can’t adjust. At all. It’s been proven over and over again. We had big problems with EB. He isn’t going to change the whole defense by himself.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 11:23 AM
If Andy sees it the same way then no way he is letting go of Sutton. Replace Smith with shiny new QB, put the sheeple back in the stadium and roll on.

I have no doubt that's Andy's plan...

Rausch
01-09-2018, 11:24 AM
I stood up for that mother****er bc Dorsey truthfully was a big part of the problem, but the Titans game was the last straw for Sutton.

How on Earth could this guy get a great half of play out of this defense and then let it fall to shit?

Perhaps his Defense being on the field for 3/4th's of the 2nd half?...

Easy 6
01-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Yes

But no

/thread

1) Suttons gotta go, and Gary Gibbs is NOT an acceptable replacement
2) Hecks gotta go
3) Demote Brit

Do those things and I'm all in again, but if Andy cant see that a serious shakeup needs to happen... then maybe he needs to go

Hammock Parties
01-09-2018, 11:28 AM
We had big problems with EB. He isn’t going to change the whole defense by himself.

2015 Chiefs DVOA:

6th/5th/11th

2016 Chiefs DVOA:

14th/7th/25th

2017 Chiefs DVOA:

30th/23rd/32nd

We get Sutton another Jaye Howard/Dontari Poe combo and the run defense will be back to form.

Reerun_KC
01-09-2018, 11:30 AM
When you have a 6 game losing streak vs. teams with losing records you didn't have a good year.

That's just shameful...

QBR trophies and stats say otherwise.

Sassy Squatch
01-09-2018, 11:32 AM
I actually think it would be a MISTAKE to fire Sutton.

He knows this group better than any coach in the league. He knows their strengths and weaknesses and how to put them in a position to succeed, which means allowing <20 points

Just looking back at the schedule I'd say he did just that in 11 or 12 games this year, and that's not counting that game in Houston that was filled with garbage time points.

If Bob Sutton is fired it's purely because someone had to be a scapegoat and fall on the sword. This is not a Greg Robinson situation.
This guy has been partially responsible for 2 of the worst collapses in playoff history. For as much as you bitch and moan about Smith not being able to do his job when it counts you sure seem to be in a hurry to absolve this senile old fuck of any blame he rightfully deserves.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2018, 11:34 AM
This guy has been partially responsible for 2 of the worst collapses in playoff history. For as much as you bitch and moan about Smith not being able to do his job when it counts you sure seem to be in a hurry to absolve this senile old fuck of any blame he rightfully deserves.

I find it VERY hard to blame Sutton for anything because of the talent and the fact that 10 of the points given up were because of:

1. A bad call on a clear fumble
2. A complete fluke Mariota TD

Other than Indy, I feel like Sutton's defenses have ALWAYS given this team a chance in the postseason. It's the QBs job to seize that chance.

Sassy Squatch
01-09-2018, 11:38 AM
I find it VERY hard to blame Sutton for anything because of the talent and the fact that 10 of the points given up were because of:

1. A bad call on a clear fumble
2. A complete fluke Mariota TD

Other than Indy, I feel like Sutton's defenses have ALWAYS given this team a chance in the postseason. It's the QBs job to seize that chance.

No, not other than Indy. The same fucking thing happened last Saturday. I want a carpet bombing of anybody that had any responsibility in both of those losses. Reid is only hanging by a thread because of Mahomes, and Alex Smith is as good as gone. Bob Sutton can fuck the fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

crayzkirk
01-09-2018, 11:51 AM
Re-watch the fluke TD; there is a Chief near Mariota when he passes the ball, he gives Mariota a push after he throws the ball and turns his back on the play. Pay attention until the whistle blows and maybe he knocks the ball down or prevents Mariota from catching it. At least he could have wrapped him up.

I see a lot of things on this team that point to poor coaching and situational awareness.

rabblerouser
01-09-2018, 11:59 AM

That's just shameful...

Andy Reid is a fucking joke.

loce1959
01-09-2018, 12:03 PM

Except Andy will still be calling plays.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-09-2018, 12:35 PM
I love Hall of Fame coach, Andy Reid.

01-09-2018, 12:41 PM

That's just shameful...

What kind of fake news is this?

Rasputin
01-09-2018, 01:36 PM

We could go 7-9 with Alex Smith or 7-9 with Patrick Mahomes II I'd take the 7-9 with Patrick Mahomes II as it would be a great learning and growing season we still need refurbish this defense. We will be set up great for 2019. Alex Smith would just keep holding back the Chiefs from winning in the playoffs.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 01:39 PM
What kind of fake news is this?

Correct me...

Easy 6
01-09-2018, 01:44 PM
This guy has been partially responsible for 2 of the worst collapses in playoff history. For as much as you bitch and moan about Smith not being able to do his job when it counts you sure seem to be in a hurry to absolve this senile old **** of any blame he rightfully deserves.

Excellent post

2 of the 4 worst implosions EVER, there is no skating around that shit

JakeF
01-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Doesn't Reid hold the 2 biggest home game chokes in NFL playoff history?

01-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Correct me...

Sure, ****head

Pats 0-0 W
Eagles 1-0 W
Chargers 0-2 W
Redskins 2-1 W
Texans 2-2 W
Steelers 3-2 L
Raiders 2-4 L (streak begins)
Broncos 3-3 W
Cowboys 4-3 L
Giants 1-8 L
Bills 5-5 L
Jets 4-7 L
Raiders 6-6 W
Chargers 7-6 W
Dolphins 6-8 W (streak over)
Broncos 5-10 W

That's 3.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Sure, ****head

Pats 0-0 W
Eagles 1-0 W
Chargers 0-2 W
Redskins 2-1 W
Texans 2-2 W
Steelers 3-2 L
Raiders 2-4 L (streak begins)
Broncos 3-3 W
Cowboys 4-3 L
Giants 1-8 L
Bills 5-5 L
Jets 4-7 L
Raiders 6-6 W
Chargers 7-6 W
Dolphins 6-8 W (streak over)
Broncos 5-10 W

That's 3.

When we played them...

Edit: I stand corrected - two of them were.

I was wrong.

01-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Are you retarded?...

I guess so. What am I missing?

01-09-2018, 02:46 PM
When we played them...

Yes, those are their records when we played them. Are you retarded?

Eleazar
01-09-2018, 03:53 PM
so Andy Reid's approval rating is about 25%. Sounds about right.

and I'm guessing most of that support is just under the guise of supposedly needing him to help develop Mahomes.

JakeF
01-09-2018, 04:07 PM
Andy Reid giveth and he taketh away.

The good outweighs the bad but there is still a significant amount of bad to deal with where Andy's concerned.

GloryDayz
01-09-2018, 06:15 PM
52%... I stunned it's that high.

OKchiefs
01-09-2018, 09:11 PM
I'm honestly just about done with Andy Reid. His OC hire shows he has learned nothing. If he hasn't learned by now that he isn't an offensive genius and he isn't a good playcaller then he never will. Hiring another yes man who is incapable of calling the plays does nothing to improve this team. This guy isn't even the same as Nagy and Pederson, as both of them were former quarterbacks and had extensive knowledge of the passing game. Bieniemy has absolutely no history of excellence with calling plays. He wasn't special at all calling plays in college. This screams laziness and stubbornness. The correct answer would have been to go out and get a strong personality at OC to completely overtake the playcalls. I also have no faith that Andy Heck, possibly the worst OL coach in the NFL, will get the boot.

On defense, it's probably going to be more of the same old. Sutton looks to be returning, despite a track record of his defenses underperforming.

Andy Reid is not good at a single thing. He can't call plays, he has shitty clock management, he is incapable of making in game adjustments, and he's too much of a pussy to make hard decisions on moving on from players and coaches.

I will not watch a single game next year if Alex Smith is still here. Mahomes is the only reason I would watch any games, and even then I have no faith that Reid is going to be able to do everything it takes to get the most out of Mahomes. Who the hell is going to mentor Mahomes? A former runningback doesn't know shit about quarterbacks. We don't have anybody on the staff that is any sort of QB guru and can correctly guide Mahomes. I'm extremely skeptical of any hires we make under Reid from now on.

Titty Meat
01-09-2018, 09:26 PM
Yup. Town is overreacting.

mschiefs1984
01-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Reid hasn't learned from any of his mistakes in 20 years. He's not going to now he can GTFO

carcosa
01-09-2018, 09:34 PM
Andy Reid is not good at a single thing. He can't call plays, he has shitty clock management, he is incapable of making in game adjustments, and he's too much of a pussy to make hard decisions on moving on from players and coaches.

Thank you!!!!!

carcosa
01-09-2018, 09:34 PM
Reid hasn't learned from any of his mistakes in 20 years. He's not going to now he can GTFO

He fucking sucks!!!!!

GloryDayz
01-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Yup. Town is overreacting.

Clark's daddy told him, "Son, always remember when it comes to the city of Kansas City, we're the only game in town, when things go bad, go to Fiji and the natives will calm down before camp starts. You don't need to do much, hell you don't need to do anything, so take the free money, live in another city, and let the natives rage."

Thank Lamar! Mr. "Man of Vision"!!!

SAGA45
01-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Yes

But no

Same here. Great job getting the Chiefs in the playoffs...horrible job IN the playoffs. He's the pass-oriented version of Marty.

Shaid
01-09-2018, 11:55 PM
Understanding the full play book and building that chemistry with the players all for what? So you can say goodbye to the #1 rated QB??

Madness.

Fucking shit man, when will you give this shit up? How about we look at where Reid loses, in the playoffs. Why does he lose? Because he calls passing plays? Who goes ultra conservative as soon as he gets a lead? Alex fucking Smith. Yes, you win a lot of games with a guy like that but you sure don't win a lot of playoff games. That's the problem.

Does Andy need to be replaced? Maybe he just needs someone playing QB that scares the fuck out of the defense so everything else opens up. Someone that's not afraid to make a tough pass when he's got a lead. As it is, the D just stacks up against the run and plays D on the short passes. Bang, Alex is stopped. Top rated or bottom rated, he doesn't get the W when it counts, now just shut the fuck up with this shit already. EVERYONE knows your opinion on this shit and doesn't need to keep hearing it in every thread.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2018, 11:59 PM
Same here. Great job getting the Chiefs in the playoffs...horrible job IN the playoffs. He's the pass-oriented version of Marty.

You mean lose to the team with the better QB in the playoffs just like Marty did.

ChiefAshhole1056
01-10-2018, 12:00 AM
Andy is good enough to get us to the playoffs every year, Mahomes will have to be the one to get us over the top. Reid’s ceiling has been proven and needs a game changer to elevate it.

Manila-Chief
01-10-2018, 08:59 AM
Rausch is correct ... the defense being on the field for most of the 2nd. half is the reason we lost the game.

I'm not a fan of Sutton. I've really been on his case!!! But I gotta admit ... the defense didn't do a terrible job in the game. How many points did the defense give up in this game? Playing at home and with just a normal O they should have scored more than 23 points. They were worn out by the time Tenn. scored that last TD. How many points did the great Alex Smith and the O score in the 2nd. half? Even a field goal would have won the game!!!!! How many first downs did the O get in the 2nd. half ... which would have given the D players a chance to catch their breath.

What kind of a coach is Andy Reid? Oh, he is offense minded. How well did the O do??? Oh, they played poorly in the 2nd half. How many years has he had a chance to win a championship? Now what's that definition of insanity???

Yeah, I know there is less than a 10% chance Clark will hire a championship coach, but I would sure like for him to try!!! I know this ... there is less than a 1% chance that Andy will win a S.B. So, I'm all for taking that chance!!!

No! Clark will not do that. He is like his Daddy ... more interested in money than winning a championship. I remember when Lamar took football decisions away from Hank and turned the team over to a business man ... because of $$$$. So, I have less than 1% hope of ever witnessing the Chiefs winning another championship in my lifetme ... or even playing in a S.B. Do you guys realize, as good as some of the teams have been, we've not played in a S.B. since Hank won #4.

GloryDayz
01-10-2018, 04:04 PM
The question is, are the wagons still in a tight circle around 1 Arrowhead Way? Who are they sending out to test the air to see if it's safe?

https://media.giphy.com/media/MI8cwyKceCfNS/giphy.gif

https://windycitizensports.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/circling-the-wagons-buffalo-bills.jpg

I'm sure the staff are privately getting tired of having to do this because their team always finds a way to lose in the most embarrassing ways...

rabblerouser
01-10-2018, 07:12 PM

That's just shameful...

All by a score or less, no doubt.

But people will line up to tell you how good Reid is.

rabblerouser
01-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Rausch is correct ... the defense being on the field for most of the 2nd. half is the reason we lost the game.

I'm not a fan of Sutton. I've really been on his case!!! But I gotta admit ... the defense didn't do a terrible job in the game. How many points did the defense give up in this game? Playing at home and with just a normal O they should have scored more than 23 points. They were worn out by the time Tenn. scored that last TD. How many points did the great Alex Smith and the O score in the 2nd. half? Even a field goal would have won the game!!!!! How many first downs did the O get in the 2nd. half ... which would have given the D players a chance to catch their breath.

What kind of a coach is Andy Reid? Oh, he is offense minded. How well did the O do??? Oh, they played poorly in the 2nd half. How many years has he had a chance to win a championship? Now what's that definition of insanity???

Yeah, I know there is less than a 10% chance Clark will hire a championship coach, but I would sure like for him to try!!! I know this ... there is less than a 1% chance that Andy will win a S.B. So, I'm all for taking that chance!!!

No! Clark will not do that. He is like his Daddy ... more interested in money than winning a championship. I remember when Lamar took football decisions away from Hank and turned the team over to a business man ... because of $$$$. So, I have less than 1% hope of ever witnessing the Chiefs winning another championship in my lifetme ... or even playing in a S.B. Do you guys realize, as good as some of the teams have been, we've not played in a S.B. since Hank won #4.

Quoted for absolute, unequivocal, and unassailable truth

rabblerouser
01-10-2018, 07:19 PM
Andy is good enough to get us to the playoffs every year, Mahomes will have to be the one to get us over the top. Reid’s ceiling has been proven and needs a game changer to elevate it.

I would prefer Reid to get him coached up for a year or two, then we could come him loose and bring in the coach who will push us over the top, the way Tampa dId with Dungy/Gruden.

Not that it would matter, because the NFL would make it a tampering case and void the trade and make us take Herm Edwards back.

Because Chiefs.

GloryDayz
01-10-2018, 10:14 PM
I wonder how Pats fans feel at the end of the year?

splatbass
01-10-2018, 10:25 PM

Don't you think that their inability to STOP THE TITANS OFFENSE might be why they were on the field most of the 2nd half? Did the Titans even punt in the 2nd half? How can you blame the offense for that?

lawrenceRaider
01-11-2018, 06:04 AM
He is doing a fantastic job. Hope he stays in KC another decade.

Bob Dole
01-11-2018, 08:24 AM
We need Herm or Romeo to come back and right this ship!

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 08:29 AM
Like I've been saying...this isn't on Reid.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/11/16873936/shattering-myths-the-chiefs-second-half-offensive-failures

-There was not a single screen play called in the 2nd half. Not one.

-There was not a single “horizontal pass play” (which are often types of screens as part of RPO’s, but I thought I’d separate the two) ran by the Chiefs in the 2nd half. Not one.

-While Kareem Hunt’s usage was down, there were several RPO’s where it was Alex Smith’s choice to not give him the ball, not the play caller (whether it was Reid or Nagy).

Outside the final drive of the game, Hunt runs consisted of 40% of the play calls, which is pretty lock-step with his usage in the 1st half (and the season as a whole). It’s also worth noting that several of the plays Hunt did not get the ball were on 2nd and 11 and 3rd and 13, not ideal run situations. So while the fact that Hunt didn’t get the ball enough is true to an extent, when you evaluate the context of when the Chiefs had the ball and the context of the snaps (RPO’s, situation, etc) it becomes much less clear what specifically SHOULD have been done. And that’s the most accurate of the narratives that have been pushed since the game ended.

Again, the idea that the Chiefs ran a bunch of screens and horizontal plays is completely and totally untrue. Also untrue is the idea that the offensive failure in the 2nd half was schematic or playcalling in nature. Since many won’t believe me based on word alone, there’s no choice but to present every snap. If you’re on the fence, this should make you feel a bit better about Andy (or Nagy, I guess). If you’ve made up your mind either way, well, this will have no effect on you but will serve for informational purposes I suppose.

SuperBowl4
01-11-2018, 11:28 AM
Home Field advantage at Arrowhead in January? Andy doesn't cut it.

FringeNC
01-11-2018, 11:35 AM
Andy Reid is one of the better coaches in the league, but he is too loyal. How does Bob Sutton still have a job? Andy Heck should have also been fired. (Both of these guys should have been gone after last year's game.)

FringeNC
01-11-2018, 11:37 AM
Related point: Do we view John Dorsey differently now? Either he sucks identifying D talent or Sutton is really, really bad.

Chiefnj2
01-11-2018, 11:46 AM
Related point: Do we view John Dorsey differently now? Either he sucks identifying D talent or Sutton is really, really bad.

We will see who wins a home playoff game first, KC or Cleveland.

Rausch
01-11-2018, 11:47 AM

His talent may be good.

There's no way of knowing. He drafts projects and combine warriors (not much different than the Raiders.)

The big difference being they project well to their positions.

I'm not shedding a tear over Dorsey...

Molitoth
01-11-2018, 12:34 PM
Like I've been saying...this isn't on Reid.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/11/16873936/shattering-myths-the-chiefs-second-half-offensive-failures

I've been in that camp.

I'm fine with Andy. I put most of the blame on Second Half Alex and Second Half Sutton. Some blame for the WR drops in there as well...but those happen to every team. (See: Eric Decker)

Rausch
01-11-2018, 12:38 PM
Like I've been saying...this isn't on Reid

Eleazar
01-11-2018, 12:52 PM

Exactly. It's not Reid, it's not Sutton, Alex is the only problem.

This sort of dip****erty will be completely exposed next year.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 12:55 PM

This sort of dip****erty will be completely exposed next year.

The MOST common denominator in the Chiefs losses this year was Alex Smith tucking his penis in the 4th quarter.

It's the worst habit a QB can have.

Remind me again how we won the Denver game.

Rausch
01-11-2018, 12:58 PM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/LufLsYyKNaqpa" width="480" height="390" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/facepalm-humour-LufLsYyKNaqpa">via GIPHY</a></p>

MahiMike
01-11-2018, 12:59 PM
Of course! Otherwise, Herm...

Chiefnj2
01-11-2018, 01:24 PM
Watching Alabama and Georgia left me so impressed with Saban. Here's a guy working with 18, 19 year old kids. His offense struggles the first half and he is able to install, at half time, a new QB and offense to highlight that QB. He can do that in a game, not against Tulsa, but in the National Championship.

Reid on the other hand, can't adjust at halftime at all.

loochy
01-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Watching Alabama and Georgia left me so impressed with Saban. Here's a guy working with 18, 19 year old kids. His offense struggles the first half and he is able to install, at half time, a new QB and offense to highlight that QB. He can do that in a game, not against Tulsa, but in the National Championship.

b b b b b b but you'll hurt the confidence of your other QB!

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 01:40 PM

Reid didn't need to adjust.

The offense was working perfectly.

It would have continued working perfectly if receivers hadn't dropped passes, if Smith hadn't shit his pants in the pocket and missed open receivers, if Kareem Hunt hadn't missed a giant fucking hole, etc, etc, etc.

Andy Reid put the players in a position to win and they blew it hard.

rabblerouser
01-18-2018, 06:23 PM
We will see who wins a home playoff game first, KC or Cleveland.

This.

King_Chief_Fan
01-18-2018, 06:40 PM

It would have continued working perfectly if receivers hadn't dropped passes, if Smith hadn't shit his pants in the pocket and missed open receivers, if Kareem Hunt hadn't missed a giant ****ing hole, etc, etc, etc.

Another stupid take

Nickel D
01-18-2018, 06:45 PM
Even President Trump's approval rating is higher than Coach Reid's. Maybe Andy should Tweet more often, spend a considerable amount of time golfing in Florida, wear a toupee, and engage in a covert relationship with Vladimir Putin.

BlackHelicopters
01-18-2018, 06:47 PM
Until we win another SB, the team and coaches are failures. The ultimate goal is to win the SB. Reid hasn’t done it, and won’t. Marty didn’t. Gunther didn’t. Etc, etc, etc, etc. Making the playoffs is not success. Fuck that. Win it all or be gone . 48 years. Think about that for a moment. 48 years.

NJChiefsFan
01-18-2018, 08:51 PM

It would have continued working perfectly if receivers hadn't dropped passes, if Smith hadn't shit his pants in the pocket and missed open receivers, if Kareem Hunt hadn't missed a giant ****ing hole, etc, etc, etc.

The offensive coaches played their part. The play calling on the "drive" after the fumbled punt was horrid. Entirely designed to move into FG range and not go for the killer punch.

I'm down for supporting reasons you cited, but the coaches had their role in it.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2018, 08:53 PM
The offensive coaches played their part. The play calling on the "drive" after the fumbled punt was horrid. Entirely designed to move into FG range and not go for the killer punch.

I'm down for supporting reasons you cited, but the coaches had their role in it.

Wrong. On third down Albert Wilson was WIDE OPEN 15 yards down the field.

And Smith ignored Demetrius Harris open 15 yards over the middle when he checked it down to Reek for a 2 yard loss.

Baldinger ripped him for both plays.

NJChiefsFan
01-18-2018, 09:02 PM
Wrong. On third down Albert Wilson was WIDE OPEN 15 yards down the field.

And Smith ignored Demetrius Harris open 15 yards over the middle when he checked it down to Reek for a 2 yard loss.

Baldinger ripped him for both plays.

I saw the Harris play. That was a tight window. Do you have the Wilson play?

Hammock Parties
01-18-2018, 09:09 PM
I saw the Harris play. That was a tight window. Do you have the Wilson play?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@chiefs</a> have to scrutinize the QB position in specific game situations and the decisions he makes. Scared 💰 don’t make no 💰. Make the throw! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BaldyBreakdowns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BaldyBreakdowns</a> <a href="https://t.co/jb3rOsQqCX">pic.twitter.com/jb3rOsQqCX</a></p>&mdash; Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/950477345206480896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NJChiefsFan
01-18-2018, 09:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@chiefs</a> have to scrutinize the QB position in specific game situations and the decisions he makes. Scared �� don’t make no ��. Make the throw! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BaldyBreakdowns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BaldyBreakdowns</a> <a href="https://t.co/jb3rOsQqCX">pic.twitter.com/jb3rOsQqCX</a></p>&mdash; Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/950477345206480896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks.

Reerun_KC
01-18-2018, 09:17 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@chiefs</a> have to scrutinize the QB position in specific game situations and the decisions he makes. Scared [emoji383] don’t make no [emoji383]. Make the throw! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BaldyBreakdowns?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BaldyBreakdowns</a> <a href="https://t.co/jb3rOsQqCX">pic.twitter.com/jb3rOsQqCX</a></p>— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/950477345206480896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2018</a></blockquote>

Wow. Inexcusable by a 13 year veteran.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2018, 09:22 PM

compare

https://i.imgur.com/skJWPES.gif

GloryDayz
01-18-2018, 09:25 PM

Unfortunately all the people who matter will, again, excuse it. Even if he leaves, they excuse "that" (kind of play) from their employees.

SuperBowl4
01-19-2018, 08:51 AM
Since coming to Kansas City Andy has had two of the biggest playoff choke jobs in CHIEFS history. Pissing away a 28 point lead vs. the COLTS in Indianapolis and the recent Home game and a 18 point lead vs. the Titians. He does not have that killer instinct when he has a big lead. It's almost as if Andy doesn't want to embarrass the other team and would rather make it a close game than a blowout. His game management skills and use of timeouts are hard to watch in a close game with under two minutes remaining when the CHIEFS need to score. Like he says time and time again, he needs to do a better job

straycash
01-19-2018, 09:02 AM
No matter who the Chiefs bring in won't bring them any closer to a championship, since we are cursed, so keep stroking to Andy's manboobs.:rolleyes:

Rausch
01-19-2018, 09:13 AM
I like Reid as a HC and helping to design plays.

I absolutely hate him as OC and his in-game decision making...

GloryDayz
01-19-2018, 01:25 PM
Those poll numbers seem very low. I would have expected ~5000 votes by now. LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2018, 03:11 PM
Yes. Damn good coach. You aren't going to win playoff games with Alex Smith as your QB unless you play against Brian Hoyer.

If we could somehow insert someone else on game day, everything else gets a solid "yes" and a high approval.
Reid simply isn't a strategist.
Those 5 to 6 other days of the week? He's exactly what you want in a head coach for your team. He knows how to coach. How to build a player up and get the most out of them. He just sucks at being a wartime consigliere.

Easy 6
01-19-2018, 03:32 PM
I still love Big Red, the things that he does well, he does very well

But my lord is he a stubborn SOB, and it seems quite safe to say that I'm not just speaking for myself in saying... its starting to wear me down

Trying to keep my disappointment with him tamped down until we can see Mahomes execute this offense, because if things continue along their current arc... we'll all be building little shrines to Andy that we give offerings of incense and fine oils to

Easy 6
01-19-2018, 03:34 PM
If we could somehow insert someone else on game day, everything else gets a solid "yes" and a high approval.
Reid simply isn't a strategist.
Those 5 to 6 other days of the week? He's exactly what you want in a head coach for your team. He knows how to coach. How to build a player up and get the most out of them. He just sucks at being a wartime consigliere.

The whole post is great, but the bolded is particularly well stated

Kiimo
01-19-2018, 04:29 PM
Some of you want Todd Haley back so I'll take your idiotic opinions with the great salt lake.

Easy 6
01-19-2018, 04:37 PM
Some of you want Todd Haley back so I'll take your idiotic opinions with the great salt lake.

Since this post directly follows mine, here is my perfunctory... 'dont include me on that list!'

Kiimo
01-19-2018, 06:02 PM
Definitely not talking about you!

RaidersOftheCellar
01-20-2018, 08:17 AM
So which is it...is Reid too conservative or does he not run enough with a lead? Hell, we don't even know who called the plays in that game.

Rausch
01-20-2018, 09:44 AM
I still love Big Red, the things that he does well, he does very well

But my lord is he a stubborn SOB, and it seems quite safe to say that I'm not just speaking for myself in saying... its starting to wear me down

Trying to keep my disappointment with him tamped down until we can see Mahomes execute this offense, because if things continue along their current arc... we'll all be building little shrines to Andy that we give offerings of incense and fine oils to

I think we're all hoping that Mahomes' natural "shock and awe" approach to the position somehow overcomes Andy's inner Marty...

Easy 6
01-20-2018, 10:57 AM
I think we're all hoping that Mahomes' natural "shock and awe" approach to the position somehow overcomes Andy's inner Marty...

Yep, receivers come open on almost every single play he calls... and Money will find them more often than not

rabblerouser
01-20-2018, 11:33 AM
I’m never a fan of rehashing the trash.

I like young inventive and hungry for success coaches. Not fat ****s looking for a buffet to destroy.

Never a fan of the good ol boy coaches club = rehashing the trash.
It's the NFL, where the location may change, but you never truly get "fired".
I wish that my dad had been a coach, or a scout.

Or that I had been freakishly larger than all the 13 year olds at the Punt Pass Kick competition...

rabblerouser
01-20-2018, 11:36 AM
Yep, receivers come open on almost every single play he calls... and Money will find them more often than not

Dude can throw the damn ball.

How did Alex Smiff wind up a #1 overall?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-20-2018, 04:56 PM
Dude can throw the damn ball.

How did Alex Smiff wind up a #1 overall?

He may have had the tools and skills coming out of college, but he simply didn't possess the inner greatness required to overcome bad situations with his respective teams.

By the time he got to KC, where he was given EVERYTHING he could possibly fucking ask for, it was WAY too late.

GloryDayz
01-21-2018, 08:41 PM
I guess all Nick Foles needed was a better coach and owner. All the city of Philadelphia needed was a better coach...

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-21-2018, 09:36 PM
I guess all Nick Foles needed was a better coach and owner. All the city of Philadelphia needed was a better coach...

It didn't fucking hurt the cause.