PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which is worse?

Why Not?
01-08-2018, 11:18 PM
Would you rather be a Chiefs fan and never make the big dance or be a fan of the Falcons and UGA(a very common combo in the south)and lose in heartbreaking fashion in both major football championships in under 12 months?

Reerun_KC
01-08-2018, 11:19 PM
Falcons and UGA.

Both have had more post season success than the chiefs EVER.

Why Not?
01-08-2018, 11:24 PM
Falcons and UGA.

I'm torn kinda. I see your point but man, so brutal. Only thing I can really compare it to is how I felt when the Royals lost game 7 in '14. I was bummed big time. I can't imagine going through that twice and having double digit leads both times. Saturday night I just laughed and said "Yup. Because Chiefs"

manchambo
01-08-2018, 11:31 PM
I'm torn kinda. I see your point but man, so brutal. Only thing I can really compare it to is how I felt when the Royals lost game 7 in '14. I was bummed big time. I can't imagine going through that twice and having double digit leads both times. Saturday night I just laughed and said "Yup. Because Chiefs"

You sound like an abused spouse.

tk13
01-08-2018, 11:33 PM
Falcons and UGA.

This is absurd. The Chiefs have won a Super Bowl. Now recently there's no doubt, but EVER? Yeah right.

Best22
01-08-2018, 11:33 PM
Add Mizzou and I'll call it close

Blowing a 28-3 lead in the Superbowl is something that shouldn't be downplayed and no NFL loss has ever been as painful. Getting to the SB and losing 38-12 is one thing. But to blow a lead like that, you would have been better staying out.

Georgia, just because of 28-3.

Unthinkable loss

01-08-2018, 11:59 PM
I'd rather be the team losing in championship games than the team never getting to them.

Why Not?
01-09-2018, 12:06 AM
You sound like an abused spouse.

Depends on the day I suppose.

Bewbies
01-09-2018, 12:10 AM
I’m a Chiefs and UGA fan.

My anus was not prepared for this.

Why Not?
01-09-2018, 12:12 AM
I’m a Chiefs and UGA fan.

My anus was not prepared for this.

That's a rough weekend.

Rain Man
01-09-2018, 12:17 AM
I'd rather be the team losing in championship games than the team never getting to them.

Yep. Easy answer. Both would hurt, but one is the hurt of having loved and lost, and the other is the hurt of never having loved at all.

Best22
01-09-2018, 12:19 AM
Yep. Easy answer. Both would hurt, but one is the hurt of having loved and lost, and the other is the hurt of never having loved at all.

I can take a blowout championship loss. Heck even a tough championship loss

But not 28-3
:shake:

Hammock Parties
01-09-2018, 12:20 AM
The Falcons have drafted two potential franchise QBs in the last 20 years and have eight playoff wins to the Chiefs one in that time span, including two Super Bowl appearances.

The Falcons do things the right way even if they have to deal with a dog killer every once inawhile.

Being a Falcons fan assuredly sucks from time to time, but it's nothing compared to devolving into a grotesque caricature of fandom because your favorite team literally keeps doing the same stupid shit over and over again until you fucking hate it.

Also, you can really tell the Falcons learned their lesson with Chris Chandler because they've never repeated that absurdity since.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2018, 12:22 AM
I didn't even realize this, but the Falcons have drafted a metric fuckton of 1st round QBs in comparison to the Chiefs:

Matt Ryan
Michael Vick
Chris Miller
Steve Bartkowski
Randy Johnson

This is a franchise to be praised and emulated, not impugned.

Rain Man
01-09-2018, 12:23 AM
I can take a blowout championship loss. Heck even a tough championship loss

But not 28-3
:shake:

At this point I yearn for a 28-3 blown lead in a Super Bowl.

Best22
01-09-2018, 12:26 AM
At this point I yearn for a 28-3 blown lead in a Super Bowl.

I've seen my former team lose a SB and no that's not worth it

Is making it and losing worth it? Yes

Blowing a 28-3 lead? No

tk13
01-09-2018, 12:32 AM
It should be noted that the Falcons last playoff appearance before last year was the year they went to the NFC Championship and blew a 17-0 lead to San Francisco. Cost them a trip to the Super Bowl.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2018, 12:36 AM
It should be noted that the Falcons last playoff appearance before last year was the year they went to the NFC Championship and blew a 17-0 lead to San Francisco. Cost them a trip to the Super Bowl.

And?

In just the last 10 years the Falcons have as many playoff wins as the Chiefs do in 40.

Fuck outta here.

tk13
01-09-2018, 12:54 AM
And?

In just the last 10 years the Falcons have as many playoff wins as the Chiefs do in 40.

**** outta here.

The goal is to win a championship. I don't think anyone out there really gives a crap that the Falcons have won more playoff games than the Chiefs. Sucks for Chiefs fans, sure, but nobody else gives a crap. 28-3 is a meme that will live on for years because it happened on the biggest stage. Nobody outside of this forum gives a crap about the kicker that shall not be named, or the no punt game, and after a couple weeks have passed, the Titans game.

Nickhead
01-09-2018, 01:36 AM
you can't jump ship. even cleveland still has fans. :D

ILChief
01-09-2018, 06:05 AM
Falcons/UGA since they were championship games. No one besides chiefs and Titans fans will really remember our screw up in a few years except when we play our next playoff game

MahiMike
01-09-2018, 07:58 AM
Was thinking last night it was exactly like our game. Up big in 1st half, lotsa close plays in 2nd half that could have sealed it, no offense or defense.

SO similar. Poor Dawgs.

redfan
01-09-2018, 09:32 AM
Is it better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all?

kepp
01-09-2018, 09:34 AM
So I'm reading the poll as "Chiefs/Mizzou" vs. "Falcons/UGA"

With that, Chiefs/Mizzou is definitely worse. At least the Falcons/UGA get to the championship.

FloridaMan88
01-09-2018, 09:36 AM
At least the Falcons/Georgia choked to the likes of Alabama/New England... i.e. dynasties.

Andy/Alex/Sutton's clown operation choked to one of the worst playoff teams in recent memory.