PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Matt Nagy says he called every play in the 2nd half vs. Titans

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 01:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matt Nagy said he called every play in the second half of Titans loss.<br>&quot;For me, that was a failure in my book,&#39;&#39; he said.</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/950813682086436864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nagy says he called every single play in the second half of the Titans game</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/950813428062539776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stand up guy. Cool to see after Reid gave that coachspeak answer about who called plays during his presser.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Some are going to call BS, which is foolish... but anyways.

I don't totally blame Nagy. Players didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

RunKC
01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Still would have fired Andy and hired Nagy

Rain Man
01-09-2018, 01:47 PM
Nagy and I apparently read the same book.

It's good to know if that's the case. The change in success was startling between the first and second halves. Maybe the Chiefs should stop having the barbecue rib and mashed potato buffet at halftime. Or at least cut back on the cheesecake.

Hoover
01-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Put his volume was turned off.

Rasputin
Nagy may have called specific play calls but I'm sure it was Andy to tell him to Pass Pass Pass in his ear.

Easy 6
Well for the Bears sake, I hope he learned some valuable lessons at our expense

It looked for all the world like a Reid game... refusing to run, lots of lateral passes, just an awful display

gold_and_red
Yea sure he did call plays. But did Andy order him to go conservative?

Rausch
01-09-2018, 01:50 PM

I think it's likely.

Nagy just used what worked and Andy took over and impressed his "scheme" in the 2nd half...

redfan
01-09-2018, 01:50 PM
Cool. Have fun in Chicago!!

Marcellus
01-09-2018, 01:51 PM
That story about Nagy not being involved after the first 15 plays sounded like bullshit. Confirmed.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 01:51 PM
Thanks for eating Andy's failures.

Get used to it. In Chicago you'll be thrown under the bus a lot...

sedated
01-09-2018, 01:54 PM
"Who called the plays in the 2nd half? That's who to blame! Must've been fat Andy"

Nagy: "I called the plays in the 2nd half"

"Blame fat Andy anyway!!"

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 01:55 PM
There are still idiots all over social media who think Nagy is covering for Andy. LMAO

Andy is notoriously good at taking responsibility... almost to a fault. Nagy isn't lying, but...

I also think regardless of who called plays, they are getting too much blame.

Easy 6
Yea sure he did call plays. But did Andy order him to go conservative?

Hell, to some extent we werent conservative enough... where was the leagues leading rusher up by 18 against a truly shitty pass offense?

Red Dawg
It's not play calling. It's Smith. How many all 22s do some of you need.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 01:58 PM

That's part of the issue. I will say that there were some missed blocks, some dropped passes, even a play or two where Kareem missed a cutback..

But you're on the right track. The players deserve much more blame than they are getting from the media. Everything I watch on TV is about 'is Andy overrated?' or 'time to fire Andy?'..

All bullshit. Andy Reid has won more games with average QB play than anyone in the history of this league. It speaks for itself.

PHOG
01-09-2018, 01:59 PM
his volume was turned off.

:) :doh!:

ModSocks
01-09-2018, 01:59 PM

It's good to know if that's the case. The change in success was startling between the first and second halves. Maybe the Chiefs should stop having the barbecue rib and mashed potato buffet at halftime. Or at least cut back on the cheesecake.

Remember when Gruden said he'd be shocked if the Titans defense didn't respond to Dick Lebeau's pep talk? They would then proceed to shut the Chiefs down sans one scoring drive.

And yes, that shutdown began halfway through the 2nd quarter.

Those who've been saying Reid called the 2nd half completely pulled that shit out of their ass.

Outside of a quick shot of Reid looking at his playsheet and Gruden mentioning that Reid still has INPUT on the offense, there's no evidence that Reid was calling plays.

Completely fabricated.

Easy 6
01-09-2018, 02:01 PM

Its a mix of everything, but yes, there is no absolving Smith of his huge role in it... someone, I forget who or would give them credit, summed up a typical big game for Smith nicely

Start off red hot
Hit and miss in the middle
Fail to get it done down the stretch

ModSocks
01-09-2018, 02:02 PM
lots of lateral passes

But that's the Chief's offense though. No one complains when it works. There were a lot of lateral passes called when Mahomes was under center too. Didn't hear much complaint about it then.

Easy 6
01-09-2018, 02:05 PM
But that's the Chief's offense though. No one complains when it works. There were a lot of lateral passes called when Mahomes was under center too. Didn't hear much complaint about it then.

Thats because Mahomes laser delivery gives the receiver that extra tenth of a second to make a move

ptlyon
01-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Well, one or the other are lying then. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least Nagy would say that so not to throw his boss under the bus.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 02:11 PM
Well, one or the other are lying then. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least Nagy would say that so not to throw his boss under the bus.

It's possible...

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 02:11 PM

Well, that'd make sense if he was still his boss....

I think it's much, much more likely that Nagy is owning up to it because of all of the good Andy has done him over the years. If not for Reid, Nagy isn't sitting there as Bears HC today.

Iconic
01-09-2018, 02:12 PM

This. Ironically the first 10-15 plays were scripted and obviously approved by Reid. We began to stall but then blamed Reid even though his scripted plays dominated the game? That doesn't make any sense. The second half was an execution error. Half of it was LeBeau making Alex incorrectly point out blitzers and the other half was Alex changing into extremely stupid plays at the line. There was a period we suddenly called 3 screens in a row. Now why would Reid call three ****ing screens in a row after successfully calling downfield plays? You could even see clearly on one of those screens Alex had checked out of a play at the LoS.

I think offensively the game plan was great. The execution wasn't. Reid is getting a lot of unnecessary heat to be honest.

arrwheader
01-09-2018, 02:13 PM
Thats because Mahomes laser delivery gives the receiver that extra tenth of a second to make a move

Or its because the defense has to respect the deep deep ball which ties up a defender on the line

Rausch
01-09-2018, 02:15 PM
Well, that'd make sense if he was still his boss....

I think it's much, much more likely that Nagy is owning up to it because of all of the good Andy has done him over the years. If not for Reid, Nagy isn't sitting there as Bears HC today.

Reid gave Nagy everything he has.

He'll take that golden shower on passing because he knows it's over and he has his chance...

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 02:18 PM
I don't really know why people ever made the assumption that Andy was calling the plays in the first place. We know that Nagy was given those duties before the Jets game, and he did a damn good job for the most part.

ptlyon
01-09-2018, 02:18 PM
It's possible...

If he leaves burning a bridge it doesn't look good on him nor Reid. What's done is done. Looks favorable for Reid and doesn't matter for him. If he burned a bridge though, if this new gig doesn't pan out then good luck getting another position.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 02:19 PM
I don't really know why people ever made the assumption that Andy was calling the plays in the first place.

:spock:

arrwheader
01-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Well then Matt Nagy can go Fuck himself.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 02:21 PM
:spock:

No, seriously? Why would you think he did?

I told some of you yesterday that at the Chargers game Andy had a play sheet too, just like Nagy. He had one every game. You could still clearly tell that Nagy was the one speaking the plays into the QBs ear before plays. I wasn't more than 60 feet away at times.

JakeF
01-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Then why was Reid holding the play chart and talking on the headset the entire 2nd half?

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Then why was Reid holding the play chart and talking on the headset the entire 2nd half?

See my post above.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 02:27 PM
You could still clearly tell that Nagy was the one speaking the plays into the QBs ear before plays. I wasn't more than 60 feet away at times.

I'm old.

I can only dream of those ears these days...

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 02:29 PM
From a Terez Paylor article:
“You lose a player like Kelce, you’ve got to adapt,” Nagy said. “I know that our offensive staff supports me, Coach Reid supports me, but I called every play in that second half, I stand by it, and I promise you I’m gonna learn from it.”

Easy 6
01-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Or its because the defense has to respect the deep deep ball which ties up a defender on the line

There is always that factor as well...

Rausch
01-09-2018, 02:31 PM
From a Terez Paylor article:

How does he respond to Andy overruling him?

chiefzilla1501
01-09-2018, 02:32 PM
The problem is, this is the first we've heard of nagy doing this.
Andy Reid has done this a million times. Either he is horribly unlucky and every single coordinator who works for him has the same issue with second half meltdowns. Or maybe we recognize that one thing has been a constant across all these coordinators....

Graystoke
Hopefully this clears the air on this issue. To me it looked like Reid called the 2nd half plays. Glad I was wrong

Titty Meat
Marty isnt a reliable source guys. He also said Sutton was going to be fired.

Lex Luthor
01-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Still would have fired Andy and hired Nagy

:rolleyes:

That reminds me of the time the Chiefs fired John Mackovic after he went 10-6 and then lost in the first round of the playoffs. They promoted Frank Gansz because he was the "hot" assistant coach.

Gansz went 4-12 his first season. He followed that up with a 4-12 second season. Then he was fired.

Yeah. Let's do that.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Marty isnt a reliable source guys. He also said Sutton was going to be fired.

This...

wazu
01-09-2018, 02:42 PM
What’s funny is seeing Bears fans on Twitter doing a double-take. “Umm...what?”

keg in kc
01-09-2018, 02:47 PM
It was genius whoever did it. Lose Kelce? Who cares! Keep chuckin' it! We shouldn't try to run our offence through the league's leading rusher. Nothing at all to be learned from the losing streak. No sir! Every Eagles fan everywhere says 'I told you so!' for about the thousandth time in five years, regardless of who called the plays. The philosophy is the infection, whether or not Andy is responsible for the play selection.

HemiEd
01-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Some are going to call BS, which is foolish... but anyways.

I don't totally blame Nagy. Players didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

To me, the single biggest shit call that really backfired, was the third down play before the missed fg attempt.

On second down, Hunt made a huge gain to set up 3rd and 1.

What do the Chiefs do? QB read option that got stuffed for a loss.

Hunt only had a few carries but had just found a crease, why not give him a shot at 3rd and 1?

Rausch
01-09-2018, 02:50 PM
It was genius whoever did it. Lose Kelce? Who cares! Keep chuckin' it! We shouldn't try to run our offence through the league's leading rusher. Nothing at all to be learned from the losing streak. No sir! Every Eagles fan everywhere says 'I told you so!' for about the thousandth time in five years, regardless of who called the plays. The philosophy is the infection, whether or not Andy is responsible for the play selection.

This.

wisconsinchief
01-09-2018, 02:54 PM
It doesn't matter to me who says who called the plays. The second half looked exactly like the string of losses through the middle of the season - and I mean play-to-play. Seriously, the pitch option?!? ("OK, you run behind me while I fall down.") I would not be surprised if Reid told Nagy, "I got it from here, son, go get that job in Chicago."

ModSocks
01-09-2018, 02:56 PM

And had Hunt got stuffed and rendered ineffective, you'd be complaining about the conservative playcalling. You can't tell me otherwise. I've already read that shit this season and every season before it.

Finicky fans gonna be finicky.

There is NOTHING WRONG WITH STAYING AGGRESSIVE. That's what we should want. To stay aggressive. To keep attacking.

But the players have to execute.

T-post Tom
It looked for all the world like a Reid game... refusing to run, lots of lateral passes, just an awful display

This x 1000. Play calling without regards to context. Poor game time adjustments. Of course it didn't help that the defense couldn't get off the field. Failure from the top down.

FloridaMan88
Water under the bridge, onto the Mahomes era now.

ModSocks
It doesn't matter to me who says who called the plays. The second half looked exactly like the string of losses through the middle of the season - and I mean play-to-play. Seriously, the pitch option?!? ("OK, you run behind me while I fall down.") I would not be surprised if Reid told Nagy, "I got it from here, son, go get that job in Chicago."

You mean the same pitch option that's been effective for them countless times this season, and even worked a few times that night? That one?

HemiEd
01-09-2018, 02:58 PM
:rolleyes:

That reminds me of the time the Chiefs fired John Mackovic after he went 10-6 and then lost in the first round of the playoffs. They promoted Frank Gansz because he was the "hot" assistant coach.

Gansz went 4-12 his first season. He followed that up with a 4-12 second season. Then he was fired.

Yeah. Let's do that.Don't forget the part of that story where the players were pushing for Ganz and didn't care for Mackovic.

That was the year that Ganz's special teams was largely responsible for getting them into the playoffs after a very long drought.

cooper barrett
01-09-2018, 02:58 PM
Nagy says the ultimate 'fuck you' to KC, The Chiefs, and most of all Andy.

Ming the Merciless
01-09-2018, 02:59 PM
the play calling was fine

i dont love the game plan...but the titans run d was pretty solid

the execution was poor

if you had to pick ONE thing that cost the game, its not the play calling

it was execution by far...dropped passed missed FG, poor tackling, happy feet....etc

JakeF
01-09-2018, 03:00 PM
See my post above.
So then you are saying that Andy Reid doesn't know the plays and needs the playsheet to understand what is going on? Even the backup QBs don't need a playsheet, they just listen through their helmet speaker.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 03:01 PM

No, it wasn't.

Hunt averaged 3.8 yards a carry.

Not great, and actually really bad for Hunt, but respectable production.

In fact against that D it would be success...

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2018, 03:01 PM
When you can't convert on 3rd down, you aren't going to run the clock down.

Ming the Merciless
01-09-2018, 03:02 PM
No, it wasn't.

Hunt averaged 3.8 yards a carry.

Not great, and actually really bad for Hunt, but respectable production.

In fact against that D it would be success...

you make zero sense

read what I wrote one more time...their run d was solid....I never great...I said solid...and I was talking about the game plan...you know what they make BASED on the other team....JFC

JakeF
01-09-2018, 03:04 PM
Did we throw a single pass behind the line of scrimmage in the 1st half? I don't remember.

I believe 5 out of our first 6 were behind the line of scrimmage in the 2nd half.

All year long our offense turned to complete crap as soon as we started to throw behind the line of scrimmage.

Ming the Merciless
01-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Did we throw a single pass behind the line of scrimmage in the 1st half? I don't remember.

I believe 5 out of our first 6 were behind the line of scrimmage in the 2nd half.

i think we only completed 5 passes the entire second half..its funny how every pass in the 1st seemed like a completed bomb for huge chunks of yards

wtf happened

ModSocks
01-09-2018, 03:06 PM

the execution was poor

if you had to pick ONE thing that cost the game, its not the play calling

it was execution by far...dropped passed missed FG, poor tackling, happy feet....etc

Imagine had Butker made that FG....

ModSocks
01-09-2018, 03:07 PM
i think we only completed 5 passes the entire second half..its funny how every pass in the 1st seemed like a completed bomb for huge chunks of yards

wtf happened

Welp...it was either the lack of Kelce or a really damn good Dick Lebeau pep talk....take your pick.

JakeF
01-09-2018, 03:07 PM
When you can't convert on 3rd down, you aren't going to run the clock down.
If you don't score more than the other team you aren't going to win.

ptlyon
01-09-2018, 03:08 PM
All year long our offense turned to complete crap as soon as we took a two digit lead.

Fyp

Rausch
you make zero sense

Hunt was productive.

Not up to his norm, but productive.

read what I wrote one more time...their run d was solid....I never great...

Who makes sense now captain grammar?

I said solid...and I was talking about the game plan...you know what they make BASED on the other team....JFC

Yeah.

No, nothing you said made any sense at all.

NOTHING.

I understand you disagree with me but outside of that I have no fucking clue what your argument is...

Ming the Merciless
Welp...it was either the lack of Kelce or a really damn good Dick Lebeau pep talk....take your pick.

ill never argue that losing kelce doesnt hurt a LOT

we straight up win that game if he stays in 100%

Ming the Merciless
01-09-2018, 03:10 PM
I have no ****ing clue what your argument is...

thats because you are a stupid imbecile

go back and read what I wrote....my argument is very simple

It was poor execution, NOT bad play calling that was the biggest issue. If you werent a complete spazz retard you WOULD see my point because I literally just said it word for word 2 posts above yours you god damn idiot. Stop fucking arguing if you dont understand the argument.

Rausch
01-09-2018, 03:11 PM
It was poor execution, NOT bad play calling that was the biggest issue.

I saw that.

I disagree.

You should have read that as well...

keg in kc
01-09-2018, 03:14 PM
And had Hunt got stuffed and rendered ineffective, you'd be complaining about the conservative playcalling. You can't tell me otherwise. I've already read that shit this season and every season before it.

Finicky fans gonna be finicky.

There is NOTHING WRONG WITH STAYING AGGRESSIVE. That's what we should want. To stay aggressive. To keep attacking.

But the players have to execute.You wouldn't hear that shit from me. Not in that situation. With an 18-point lead at halftime your goal should 100% be shortening the game. Period. Especially missing the top target in the passing game. Which Kelce is. Especially playing a grind-it-out team like Tennessee.

And a lateral passing game is not particularly aggressive. So that argument doesn't really fly. Andy Reid is basically Marty Schottenheimer, but his three yards and a cloud of dust comes on screens and slants, and since incompletions stop the clock, It could be argued the approach is even worse.

So we're conservative either way. Which is smarter? Conservative throwing the ball short without Kelce to pull coverage? Or conservative running the ball behind a line that generally run blocks better than it pass protects, using a running back that's one of 6 in NFL history to lead the league as a rookie, and still keeping the clock running when the play doesn't by chance work?

Or hey, let's be crazy and try to mix up the run and the pass, instead of just relying on one thing. I mean, it's not like they won handily during the regular season when they ran a balanced offense, and fell off a cliff when they didn't. I'm not wishing they'd gone Martyball. I'm just wishing they hadn't completely abandoned one of their primary weapons in a situation where, even to a hyper-aggressive offensive person like myself, it would have made every bit of sense to lean on Hunt.

But in true Chiefs fashion we found a way to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory by going away from what got us into the playoffs in the first place.

JakeF
01-09-2018, 03:15 PM
Welp...it was either the lack of Kelce or a really damn good Dick Lebeau pep talk....take your pick.Or we didn't call deep pass plays because we were afraid that something bad would happen. All the passes behind the line of scrimmage are called by a coach unless it's a checkdown swing pass to the RB. The WR bubble screens are not a checkdown situation.

Wr bubbles screens are a classic playcall by Reid when we are trying to burn clock. That's why I thought Andy had started calling the plays again.

rabblerouser
01-09-2018, 03:15 PM
All I know is what I saw with my own 2 eyes...

And it looked like the team went full Reidtard in the 2nd half.

Ming the Merciless
01-09-2018, 03:16 PM
I saw that.

I disagree.

You should have read that as well...

You know how I know you don't understand the difference between play calling and game plan?

rabblerouser
01-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Or we didn't call deep pass plays because we were afraid that something bad would happen. All the passes behind the line of scrimmage are called by a coach unless it's a checkdown swing pass to the RB. The WR bubble screens are not a checkdown situation.

Wr bubbles screens are a classic playcall by Reid when we are trying to burn clock. That's why I thought Andy had started calling the plays again.
Because that's exactly what it looked like.

If it makes calls like Fat Andy and loses games like Fat Andy...it's probably Fat Andy.

Ming the Merciless

do you believe Nagy that it wasn't andy calling the plays?

JakeF
FypTrue

When Sutton plays prevent defense and Andy plays prevent offense say goodbye to any lead we have.

Toad
01-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Nagy said. “I know that our offensive staff supports me, Coach Reid supports me, but I called every play in that second half, I stand by it, and I promise you I’m gonna learn from it.”

Still not buying it. Nagy may have been calling plays into Smith, but no one can argue Andy was reviewing his play sheet and verbally feeding some information to someone via headset.

Speculative I realize, but it is possible that Andy fed the plays (or at least the play structure) to Nagy and he in turn fed them directly to Smith.

Ming the Merciless
01-09-2018, 03:19 PM
When Sutton plays prevent defense and Andy plays prevent offense say goodbye to any lead we have.

I actually think this is pretty true no matter who is calling the plays

I am not a fan of switching to clock burn mode in the 3rd quarter no matter how big the lead is

keg in kc
01-09-2018, 03:24 PM
The whole execution versus play call thing is really chicken and egg circuitous. I believe execution was off because Kelce was out and the play selection didn't seem to reflect that. The Titans made adjustments and we never successfully countered them. In other words execution was off because the Chiefs players were not put into positions to succeed. Other people see it differently, and that's fine. I'm just expressing my opinion, not trying to attack anyone. Hell, I haven't even posted since the game until now; I have no idea what anyone has been saying since Saturday...

Ming the Merciless
01-09-2018, 03:26 PM
youre probably right that it is circuitous....

but my main argument is we couldve and SHOULDVE won with the game exactly as called already....if not for poor execution

but like you said, the injury to kelce changed the play calling

ModSocks
01-09-2018, 03:27 PM

Speculative I realize, but it is possible that Andy fed the plays (or at least the play structure) to Nagy and he in turn fed them directly to Smith.

Speculative i realize, but it is possible that Andy was ordering a pizza and a large diet coke.

It doesn't really matter. Players have to execute.

JakeF
01-09-2018, 03:28 PM
do you believe Nagy that it wasn't andy calling the plays?
I don't know.

I just know that the 2nd half looked like typical Andy Reid.

Ming the Merciless
01-09-2018, 03:29 PM
I don't know.

yeah i dont know either

rabblerouser
01-09-2018, 03:30 PM
I don't know.

It was.

Reid called the plays, and Nagy, who is the one who talked to Smith's speakers inside his helmet, relayed the play calls.

Technically, by that logic, Nagy called the plays all year.

Sandy Vagina
01-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Neither Reid or Nagy have anything to lose by taking the high road here. Either would just look prickish if they were deflecting blame to the other guy. So.. well played.

Either way, it's over. No longer matters. Like many have stated, there was a ton of player fail and unforgivable officiating in this game.

Iconic
01-09-2018, 03:36 PM
You wouldn't hear that shit from me. Not in that situation. With an 18-point lead at halftime your goal should 100% be shortening the game. Period. Especially missing the top target in the passing game. Which Kelce is. Especially playing a grind-it-out team like Tennessee.

And a lateral passing game is not particularly aggressive. So that argument doesn't really fly. Andy Reid is basically Marty Schottenheimer, but his three yards and a cloud of dust comes on screens and slants, and since incompletions stop the clock, It could be argued the approach is even worse.

So we're conservative either way. Which is smarter? Conservative throwing the ball short without Kelce to pull coverage? Or conservative running the ball behind a line that generally run blocks better than it pass protects, using a running back that's one of 6 in NFL history to lead the league as a rookie, and still keeping the clock running when the play doesn't by chance work?

Or hey, let's be crazy and try to mix up the run and the pass, instead of just relying on one thing. I mean, it's not like they won handily during the regular season when they ran a balanced offense, and fell off a cliff when they didn't. I'm not wishing they'd gone Martyball. I'm just wishing they hadn't completely abandoned one of their primary weapons in a situation where, even to a hyper-aggressive offensive person like myself, it would have made every bit of sense to lean on Hunt.

But in true Chiefs fashion we found a way to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory by going away from what got us into the playoffs in the first place.

What are you talking about.

The narrative that Andy abandoned the run game in the second half is completely false. Hunt got the ball 3 out of 7 plays in the 3rd quarter. He got the ball 2 out of 5 plays in the 4th quarter before we were losing the game.Then he got the ball 1 out of 9 plays on the attempted game winning drive.

Sans the final 9 play, attempted game winning drive, he was used >40% in the second half. Does that sound like abandonment to you?

Like I said before, Reid is getting unnecessary heat.

ModSocks
01-09-2018, 03:41 PM

The narrative that Andy abandoned the run game in the second half is completely false. Hunt got the ball 3 out of 7 plays in the 3rd quarter. He got the ball 2 out of 5 plays in the 4th quarter before we were losing the game.Then he got the ball 1 out of 9 plays on the attempted game winning drive.

Sans the final 9 play, attempted game winning drive, he was used >40% in the second half. Does that sound like abandonment to you?

Good post.

When Mahomes comes in Reid will look like an offensive genius again and all of this will be forgotten.

Toad
01-09-2018, 03:43 PM
Yes, plenty of blame to go around well beyond the play calling.

It DOES matter though. If Andy called plays, he learned nothing this year and let his stubborn pride and ego allow him to fail.

If he continues to call the plays next year, we are stuck in hell my friends.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Good post.

When Mahomes comes in Reid will look like an offensive genius again and all of this will be forgotten.

The guy has his warts, but he is almost always given too much blame. When the best QB you've ever had is Donovan McNabb, and you are top 10 in wins in NFL history, you're doing something right.

rabblerouser
01-09-2018, 03:45 PM
Yes, plenty of blame to go around well beyond the play calling.

It DOES matter though. If Andy called plays, he learned nothing this year and let his stubborn pride and ego allow him to fail.

If he continues to call the plays next year, we are stuck in hell my friends.

A bubble screen is a bubble screen. Doesn't matter who throws it.

rabblerouser
01-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Good post.

When has Reid EVER looked like an 'offensive genius'??

I've watched every single game the fat **** has coached for the past 5 years and sometimes he appears to be a competent coach/play caller.

And sometimes not.

Sometimes, both show up in the same game.

That's called "mediocre", by definition.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 03:48 PM
A bubble screen is a bubble screen. Doesn't matter who throws it.

There were zero screen plays in the 2nd half, which Nagy called plays in anyways.

TwistedChief
01-09-2018, 03:50 PM
Nagy called the 3rd and 1 pass in the Jets game to Cameron ****ing Irving. They took that risk but wouldn't go for it on 4th down. That play was completely unforgivable and I haven't bought into his role as the messiah of playcalling since.

All that said, if we have Kelce for the entirety of the Titans game, there is absolutely zero question we are preparing for Foxboro on Saturday. Maybe Nagy just can't adjust well on the fly when his prime target gets injured? Or maybe he and Alex hadn't gelled enough in those more difficult situations?

saphojunkie
01-09-2018, 03:50 PM
It wasn’t Nagy or Reid or the playcalling or the halftime buffet.

It was the quarterback. Period.

Unless you want to say they should have never called any pass or RPO plays so as to keep it out of alex’s hands.

JakeF
01-09-2018, 04:03 PM
It wasn’t Nagy or Reid or the playcalling or the halftime buffet.

It was the quarterback. Period.

Unless you want to say they should have never called any pass or RPO plays so as to keep it out of alex’s hands.
So then the 1st half was so good because of the QB, not Reid, Nagy or anything else?

The reason we've average 10 wins per year since Alex Smith arrived is because of him and no other reason?

Stop being silly, there's always multiple reasons in football for everything.

Sandy Vagina
01-09-2018, 04:07 PM
So then the 1st half was so good because of the QB, not Reid, Nagy or anything else?

The reason we've average 10 wins per year since Alex Smith arrived is because of him and no other reason?

Stop being silly, there's always multiple reasons in football for everything.

I know, I laughed at that. QB was so good in the first half, take the ball outta his hands!!!!!

:eek:

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2018, 04:08 PM

I've watched every single game the fat **** has coached for the past 5 years and sometimes he appears to be a competent coach/play caller.

And sometimes not.

That's called having Alex Smith as your QB.

notorious
01-09-2018, 04:11 PM

And sometimes not.

I've never understood this either. His offenses aren't that amazing, and when they were the teams were stacked with talent.

GoChargers
01-09-2018, 04:12 PM
That's part of the issue. I will say that there were some missed blocks, some dropped passes, even a play or two where Kareem missed a cutback..

But you're on the right track. The players deserve much more blame than they are getting from the media. Everything I watch on TV is about 'is Andy overrated?' or 'time to fire Andy?'..

All bullshit. Andy Reid has won more games with average QB play than anyone in the history of this league. It speaks for itself.

Reid still could never get it done in the playoffs even when he had prime McNabb, though.

Chiefnj2
01-09-2018, 04:20 PM
That's called having Alex Smith as your QB.

The QB that Reid hand picked.

rabblerouser
01-09-2018, 04:24 PM
I've never understood this either. His offenses aren't that amazing, and when they were the teams were stacked with talent.

Right!? He went to the Super Bowl when they signed TO.

Other than that?

McNabb to Hank Basket never was a thing.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Reid still could never get it done in the playoffs even when he had prime McNabb, though.

Sure, but is McNabb really that spectacular? I mean, he's not even close to one of those elite guys. Better than most, but he's not on the same plane as the Brady's, Manning's, Roethlisberger's, Brees', Rodgers' of the world.. not even with Rivers or Romo.

And even with him, they reach 4 conference championships and a SB.

JENKINSWINS
01-09-2018, 04:27 PM

It wasn't until he got another former 49er that he made it to the Super Bowl.

notorious
01-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Right!? He went to the Super Bowl when they signed TO.

Other than that?

McNabb to Hank Basket never was a thing.

Trannys to Hank Basket are a thing.

rabblerouser
01-09-2018, 04:28 PM
The QB that Reid hand picked.

Runs his offense "to perfection."

Chiefnj2
01-09-2018, 04:29 PM
Sure, but is McNabb really that spectacular? I mean, he's not even close to one of those elite guys. Better than most, but he's not on the same plane as the Brady's, Manning's, Roethlisberger's, Brees', Rodgers' of the world.. not even with Rivers or Romo.

#2 Defense

rabblerouser
Trannys to Hank Basket are a thing.

This is true.

rabblerouser
#2 Defense

Jim Johnson

Look at Reids playoff record with Johnson, and then look at it without.

Tells the tale.

JakeF
Andy Reid would be very well-served by stepping back from the offense and just stick to being the cuddle fat man that all the players like. Let an OC step in and start hammering things in place. The team is soft just like their Head Coach, too much Andy leads to too much nice,soft etc.

We need more toughness and discipline on this team, Andy brings neither.

Being 3rd in the league in penalties is a another signal that we have a coaching problem.

Easy 6
01-09-2018, 04:30 PM

McNabb was the very definition of 'second tier'

Its not a slam, just a simple truth

Cheefzboy
01-09-2018, 04:30 PM
Reid called the plays In the second half I don't care who says he didnt. He was probably telling Nagy what to call then he would relay it to smith. It's obvious! They showed him doing his usual thing in the second half. Peering into the list with those fucking glasses.

JakeF
01-09-2018, 04:32 PM

That team won with defense.

Andy still wants to win with defense. He wants the offense to get a 10-pt lead so he can shut it down and let the defense win the game.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2018, 04:33 PM

McNabb got hurt in 2003 NFC Championship game, lost in 2004 Super Bowl to Tom Brady, got hurt again in 2005, lost in 2006 to Drew Brees when McNabb was hurt, lost in 2008 to Kurt Warner.

gblowfish
01-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Does this really matter? The pooch has been permanently screwed.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2018, 04:37 PM
Jim Johnson

Look at Reids playoff record with Johnson, and then look at it without.

Tells the tale.

You mean the games with Michael Vick and Alex Smith instead of Donovan McNabb? That's what it comes down to.

GoChargers
01-09-2018, 04:40 PM

His resume is actually pretty close to Romo's:

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Comparing-the-resumes-of-Tony-Romo-and-Donovan-McNabb-52144783

I'd say McNabb at least is on the Romo/Rivers tier. He'd be viewed as clearly above those two if Reid didn't concede the Super Bowl with his terrible clock management.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 04:51 PM
His resume is actually pretty close to Romo's:

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Comparing-the-resumes-of-Tony-Romo-and-Donovan-McNabb-52144783

I'd say McNabb at least is on the Romo/Rivers tier. He'd be viewed as clearly above those two if Reid didn't concede the Super Bowl with his terrible clock management.

Hmm... maybe.

If you're giving me the choice, and the surrounding casts are identical, I want Romo.

BigRedChief
01-09-2018, 04:57 PM
Nagy or Reid it was still the same BS. Get a lead and be ultra conservative until they come back and take the lead. I get initially the theory. Your up 18 points at home. When it gets to 11 and basically a whole 1/2 to go it's time to run normal plays.

SAUTO
01-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Only one constant throughout all of this.

Alex Smith

Jimkcchief88
01-09-2018, 05:29 PM

What about that half-ass option keeper on 3rd and 1???? Hunt and Sherman both in the backfield and we run laterally with our QB????

rabblerouser
01-09-2018, 05:37 PM
You mean the games with Michael Vick and Alex Smith instead of Donovan McNabb? That's what it comes down to.

You mean the games when he had the highest rated passers in the league?

rabblerouser
01-09-2018, 05:38 PM
What about that half-ass option keeper on 3rd and 1???? Hunt and Sherman both in the backfield and we run laterally with our QB????

Don't criticize GENIUS at work.

ROFL

rabblerouser
01-09-2018, 05:39 PM

Alex Smith

We're talking about 19 years of futility here.

GloryDayz
01-09-2018, 05:49 PM
http://sportsmockery.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Andy-Reid-vs.-Titans.jpg

ModSocks
01-09-2018, 05:50 PM

As has been the case for EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. THIS. YEAR.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-09-2018, 05:53 PM
As has been the case for EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. THIS. YEAR.

Yep. It can be seen in all of them, even from the Jets game on. Already mentioned it, but since some still don't seem to accept it... Reid and Nagy both had these sheets at the Chargers game. Nagy was calling the plays and Reid was crossing plays off, marking them in some way with a marker.

cooper barrett
01-09-2018, 07:15 PM
Nagy called the 3rd and 1 pass in the Jets game to Cameron ****ing Irving. They took that risk but wouldn't go for it on 4th down. That play was completely unforgivable and I haven't bought into his role as the messiah of playcalling since.

All that said, if we have Kelce for the entirety of the Titans game, there is absolutely zero question we are preparing for Foxboro on Saturday. Maybe Nagy just can't adjust well on the fly when his prime target gets injured? Or maybe he and Alex hadn't gelled enough in those more difficult situations?

He was without a prime target at all, Once Kelce was out, the weapons ceased to be weapons, you heard it from the booth, you saw it: everything changed.

We did not A, adjust for it, B, re-energize the momentum. C. have a second TE who showed up for the dance.

We did several things well in the 1st half and actually almost nothing right in the second as far as offense went. I was hoping Nagy was going to leave a hole that would be hard to fill when someone stole him but now I'm just glad he is gone.

Yes the final straws were the "forward progress calls which I have seen no comment on if they were valid or not. The booth seemed like they were scripted by the NFL as to what to say. Alex being Alex when it all was on the line. He lost 40 million on the failure to move the ball into, what's he famous for again?, Field goal set ups?

Pasta Little Brioni
01-09-2018, 07:21 PM
Orson Charles doesn't drop a pass we win. Alex doesn't miss an open Wilson we win. That's execution.

cooper barrett
01-09-2018, 07:22 PM
That team won with defense.

Andy still wants to win with defense. He wants the offense to get a 10-pt lead so he can shut it down and let the defense win the game.

I never did and I never will understand why you don't just keep on keeping on. 44-22 the same as 25-3. You may play to stay in bounds to run the clock but it doesn't mean close the sidelines for business. You need 1st downs and points more than runoff.

Remember
'just one field goal".

cooper barrett
01-09-2018, 07:23 PM
Does this really matter? The pooch has been permanently screwed.

How did Mr. Diggity come out on the game?

JakeF
01-09-2018, 07:23 PM
Nagy or Reid it was still the same BS. Get a lead and be ultra conservative until they come back and take the lead. I get initially the theory. Your up 18 points at home. When it gets to 11 and basically a whole 1/2 to go it's time to run normal plays.In my opinion that's because Andy told Nagy to shut it down.

JakeF
01-09-2018, 07:26 PM
Yep. It can be seen in all of them, even from the Jets game on. Already mentioned it, but since some still don't seem to accept it... Reid and Nagy both had these sheets at the Chargers game. Nagy was calling the plays and Reid was crossing plays off, marking them in some way with a marker.
In the first game after they announced that Nagy was taking over the playcalling, i didn't see Reid holding a sheet. :shrug:

cooper barrett
01-09-2018, 07:27 PM

Focus dammit focus!!!!

Easy 6
01-09-2018, 07:34 PM
Orson Charles doesn't drop a pass we win. Alex doesn't miss an open Wilson we win. That's execution.

I'll give Alex a pass on the late Wilson throw, even the best QB might've missed that tight throw downfield

Had Al been a few inches taller, its probably a completion

Or throw in Butkers miss, make that its a win

Its not really a defense of losing plays, so much as it is a recognition of honestly missed plays that could have won

JakeF
01-09-2018, 07:35 PM

Alex Smith
You're correct, Alex Smith is a constant while the playcalling is the variable.

When we throw slants, crossing patterns, and the occasional deep pass, instead of getting cute, it opens up the running game and the entire offense looks smooth and effective.

When we throw a bunch of garbage behind the line of scrimmage the entire offense stalls and it looks terrible from top to bottom.

GloryDayz
01-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Focus dammit focus!!!!

Might as well focus now, it's the offseason for Andy's weak kids..

cooper barrett
01-09-2018, 07:44 PM
I'll give Alex a pass on the late Wilson throw, even the best QB might've missed that tight throw downfield

Had Al been a few inches taller, its probably a completion

Or throw in Butkers miss, make that its a win

Its not really a defense of losing plays, so much as it is a recognition of honestly missed plays that could have won

We should never have been in a need for either. Poor management put us back in the "must" category and Alex only has a must game every so often.

CoMoChief
01-09-2018, 07:45 PM
Bullllllshit

We saw what this team did during the last qtr of the season as soon as Nagy started calling plays. OL started to gel, and we ran the ball more.

This team went full Andy Reid midway through 2nd half and didn't look back.

We've seen this time and time before. So have Philly fans.

It's Andy "Sit on the Lead" Reid.

And yes I will admit the D couldn't stop shit in the 2nd half. TEN ran all over them. They couldn't tackle, couldn't get off the field, allowed tons of 3rd down conversions.

But when the D isn't stopping shit, it's your O's responsibility to compete in the fucking track meet or go home.

We have Smith and Reid....so guess what happened....smh.

cooper barrett
01-09-2018, 07:46 PM
Might as well focus now, it's the offseason for Andy's weak kids..

no on the play sheet, we need to have everything on it removed, compromised, forgotten.

That sheet is the Devil.

GloryDayz
01-09-2018, 07:53 PM
no on the play sheet, we need to have everything on it removed, compromised, forgotten.

That sheet is the Devil.

Well the man holding the sheet certainly is the devil. He certainly is the Kansas City area's football Anti-Christ. We need to exorcise him.

Next year's Arrowhead chant:

"The power of Christ compels you, the power of Christ compels you, the power of Christ compels you, the power of Christ compels you, the power of Christ compels you, the power of Christ compels you, the power of Christ compels you...."

rabblerouser
01-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Bullllllshit

We saw what this team did during the last qtr of the season as soon as Nagy started calling plays. OL started to gel, and we ran the ball more.

This team went full Andy Reid midway through 2nd half and didn't look back.

And yes I will admit the D couldn't stop shit in the 2nd half. TEN ran all over them. They couldn't tackle, couldn't get off the field, allowed tons of 3rd down conversions.

But when the D isn't stopping shit, it's your O's responsibility to compete in the ****ing track meet or go home.

We have Smith and Reid....so guess what happened....smh.

They hung the defense out to dry.

Hammock Parties
01-10-2018, 03:50 PM

This is total bullshit.

1. The Chiefs called more passes than runs.

2. There were downfield routes called.

3. Alex was taking the short stuff.

4. The receivers dropped passes.

5. Alex choked.

6. There were ZERO wide receiver screens.

That it's. That's what happened. That's not Andy Reid's fault, unless you wanted him to go FULL Martyball and just pound the rock 2/3 plays.

Rausch
02-01-2018, 09:13 AM
It was poor execution, NOT bad play calling that was the biggest issue.

I would disagree.

Clearly there were plenty of plays we didn't execute. No argument there on it being a factor.

But as that happened the HC/OC/Play calling just made matters worse instead of better.

Instead of attacking we tried to play it safe and minimize the damage...

BigRedChief
02-01-2018, 09:22 AM
This is total bullshit.

1. The Chiefs called more passes than runs.

2. There were downfield routes called.

3. Alex was taking the short stuff.

4. The receivers dropped passes.

5. Alex choked.

6. There were ZERO wide receiver screens.

That it's. That's what happened. That's not Andy Reid's fault, unless you wanted him to go FULL Martyball and just pound the rock 2/3 plays.Does anyone think that Mahomes wouldn't have thrown the ball more downfield than Smith? Look at the one "real" game we have of him. How many throws did he make downfield instead of taking the check down? We win that game if Mahomes starts.

KCrockaholic
02-01-2018, 09:28 AM
I would disagree.

Clearly there were plenty of plays we didn't execute. No argument there on it being a factor.

But as that happened the HC/OC/Play calling just made matters worse instead of better.

Instead of attacking we tried to play it safe and minimize the damage...

Then there was the 1 decent drive in the 2nd half in which Alex had a 20 yard run negated by a bullshit penalty on Harris. That run had KC in FG range. The refs refused to let it happen.

Rausch
02-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Then there was the 1 decent drive in the 2nd half in which Alex had a 20 yard run negated by a bullshit penalty on Harris. That run had KC in FG range. The refs refused to let it happen.

If you allow the refs to change a game they will.

Don't allow that...

Reerun_KC
02-01-2018, 09:42 AM

Be better than the refs.

We always revert back to that excuse more often than not.

Chiefnj2
02-01-2018, 09:48 AM
2nd half:
FIRST POSSESSION
4-R.Succop kicks 61 yards from TEN 35 to KC 4. 35-C.West to KC 19 for 15 yards (53-D.Bates).
1-10-KC 19
(6:25) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete short left to 12-A.Wilson [99-J.Casey].
2-10-KC 19
(6:21) (Shotgun) 27-K.Hunt left guard to KC 28 for 9 yards (31-K.Byard).
3-1-KC 28
(5:43) 11-A.Smith right end to KC 27 for -1 yards (99-J.Casey).
4-2-KC 27
(5:02) 2-D.Colquitt punts 43 yards to TEN 30, Center-41-J.Winchester. 25-A.Jackson to KC 47 for 23 yards (40-K.Reaser). Penalty on TEN-41-B.Trawick, Running Into the Kicker, offsetting, enforced at KC 27 - No Play. Penalty on KC-45-U.Eligwe, Unnecessary Roughness, offsetting.
4-2-KC 27
(4:49) 2-D.Colquitt punts 44 yards to TEN 29, Center-41-J.Winchester. 25-A.Jackson MUFFS catch, RECOVERED by KC-40-K.Reaser at TEN 28. 40-K.Reaser to TEN 28 for no gain (41-B.Trawick).

[I THINK THE 3RD AND 1 PLAY CALL WAS A POOR RUN OPTION. SHOULD HAVE JUST POUNDED HUNT. 2ND SETBACK WAS THE STUPID PENALTY ON THE FIRST PUNT. SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FIRST DOWN, BUT IT DIDN'T MATTER BECAUSE OF THE MUFF]

2nd possession
1-10-TEN 28
(4:34) (Shotgun) 27-K.Hunt right end to TEN 29 for -1 yards (59-W.Woodyard; 54-A.Williamson).
2-11-TEN 29
(3:53) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short right to 10-T.Hill ran ob at TEN 31 for -2 yards (26-L.Ryan).
3-13-TEN 31
(3:14) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith scrambles up the middle to TEN 30 for 1 yard (95-D.King).
4-12-TEN 30
(2:31) 7-H.Butker 48 yard field goal is No Good, Hit Left Upright, Center-41-J.Winchester, Holder-2-D.Colquitt.

[PROBLEM - 2nd DOWN WAS CONSERVATIVE AND 3RD DOWN SMITH ABANDONED POCKET TOO SOON. BIGGEST PROBLEM - MISSED FG, SHOULD HAVE BEEN 3]

3rd possession

1-10-KC 25
(14:08) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short left to 10-T.Hill to KC 30 for 5 yards (25-A.Jackson).
2-5-KC 30
(13:26) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short left to 12-A.Wilson pushed ob at KC 38 for 8 yards (37-J.Cyprien).
1-10-KC 38
(12:52) (Shotgun) 27-K.Hunt up the middle to KC 45 for 7 yards (59-W.Woodyard; 99-J.Casey).
2-3-KC 45
(12:16) 27-K.Hunt right tackle to KC 46 for 1 yard (91-D.Morgan; 94-A.Johnson).
3-2-KC 46
(11:30) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete short right to 82-O.Charles.
4-2-KC 46
(11:26) 2-D.Colquitt punts 54 yards to end zone, Center-41-J.Winchester, Touchback.

[THIS WAS THE THIRD DOWN DROP BY CHARLES THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A FIRST. KILLED THE DRIVE AND DECENT FIELD POSITION]

4th possession

1-10-KC 27
(5:58) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short right to 84-D.Harris to KC 40 for 13 yards (55-J.Brown; 33-T.Smith).
1-10-KC 40
(5:20) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith right end pushed ob at TEN 42 for 18 yards (37-J.Cyprien). PENALTY on KC-84-D.Harris, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at TEN 49.
1-9-KC 41
(4:50) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete short middle to 10-T.Hill (99-J.Casey).
2-9-KC 41
(4:46) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith sacked at KC 41 for 0 yards (98-B.Orakpo).
3-9-KC 41
(4:01) (Shotgun) PENALTY on TEN-99-J.Casey, Neutral Zone Infraction, 5 yards, enforced at KC 41 - No Play.
3-4-KC 46
(4:01) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short right to 84-D.Harris to TEN 45 for 9 yards (55-J.Brown).
1-10-TEN 45
(3:27) (Shotgun) 27-K.Hunt up the middle to TEN 44 for 1 yard (99-J.Casey; 59-W.Woodyard). KC-14-D.Robinson was injured during the play.
2-9-TEN 44
(2:56) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete short left to 84-D.Harris (37-J.Cyprien).
3-9-TEN 44
(2:51) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith sacked at TEN 44 for 0 yards (91-D.Morgan).
Timeout #2 by TEN at 02:15.
4-9-TEN 44
(2:15) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete deep middle to 12-A.Wilson.

[ 18 YARD RUN BY SMITH CALLED BACK ON A NON-EXISTENT HOLDING PENALTY. HILL DROPPED A PASS. ALEX PANICKED AND SCRAMBLED TOO SOON. FINAL PLAY WAS A COMBINATION OF POOR PLAY CALLING (NOBODY RUNNING A CURL AT THE FIRST DOWN MARKER?) AND EXECUTION - EARLY SNAP, SLIGHTLY HIGH PASS AND A WR THAT SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST LAID OUT FOR THE PASS IN HOPES OF DRAWING A HIT AND A DEFENSELESS RECEIVER CALL.]

Hammock Parties
02-01-2018, 09:49 AM
Three of those four possessions were Smith's fault, because he should have checked out of that option play. It had no chance.

The other two were so obvious I don't even need to point them out again.