PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2018 Free Agents

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Couch-Potato
01-10-2018, 09:52 AM
Who are you letting walk/cutting/retiring?

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/09/a-look-at-the-chiefs-2018-free-agents/

Who are you targeting?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/77018/309/2018-nfl-free-agent-tracker?pg=1

O.city
01-10-2018, 09:58 AM
Aaron Colvin

Preston brown

Trent Murphy

Allen Robinson

Best22
01-10-2018, 10:08 AM
Cut Hali, DJ, Colquitt

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2018, 10:12 AM
Find the 2 best run stuffing D linemen and give them a lifetime supply of BBQ.

tyreekthefreak
01-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Sherman, Albert Wilson, Fulton, KPL should all be resigned.

Wish list would be a couple of the following; Malcom Butler, Eric Ried, Demarcus Lawrence, Star Lotuleie

wazu
01-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Some good tight ends. Might be good to grab a couple since we seemingly need 3 of them involved on all third down plays.

Chris Meck
01-10-2018, 10:17 AM
of the UFA, I re-sign Fulton. Let the rest walk. They're at best JAG.

I re-sign the RFA's just because they're cheap and while JAG, they're each at least familiar.

I target Sheldon Richardson to play opposite Chris Jones.
I target Daquan Jones to play NT.

I target Malcolm Butler to play CB opposite Peters.

RunKC
01-10-2018, 10:17 AM
Find the 2 best run stuffing D linemen and give them a lifetime supply of BBQ.

Mike Pennel. 26 years old, 6’4” 330 lbs. very good run stuffer. 60th ranked DL on Brandon Thorn’s list. Would like to get him to be a rotational guy on 1st/2nd down.

Pennel has a massive frame with tremendous bulk and thickness throughout his limbs, which makes it difficult for blockers to get inside of him or move him off his spot in the vertical run game. He's physical, aggressive and nasty. The 26-year-old owns his space with the ability to root his feet against double-team blocks, flashing jarring torque to shed and split once an offensive lineman's weight distribution gets thrown off. He touts immense power in his hands and has the length to reset the line of scrimmage and command the point of attack. Due to his adequate athleticism and lateral quickness, he will struggle expanding to win outside leverage against reach blocks. He can compress the interior of the pocket with a bull rush, but adequate snap quickness negates his ability to get offensive linemen to open their hips or worry about anything other than power.

WhawhaWhat
01-10-2018, 10:26 AM
I target Malcolm Butler to play CB opposite Peters.

He's going to be pricey.

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2018, 10:28 AM
The complete and total collapse of the game plan post Kelce shows a desperate need for another WR. Allen Robinson should be a top priority.

Chris Meck
01-10-2018, 10:33 AM
He's going to be pricey.

yep. Fuck it. Do it anyway.

fairladyZ
01-10-2018, 10:35 AM
so whats the deal with earl thomas? I heard alot of chatter about him being up for a trade or was he a RFA?

If we dump alex, with the 17mil we save on the cap we could realistically get 2-3 impact players for that money? Earl Thomas, Malcom Butler would look nicely in the backend. Possibly keep revis and nelson for rotation.

Then with the money we could save on guys like hali, DJ reworking his deal, ford, and bailey. We could look at addressing LB and WR/TE again.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-10-2018, 10:35 AM
Having Conley back will be nice. We can't overspend on offense. Robinson can still develop

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2018, 10:36 AM
If Sutton sticks around Peters is glued to one side of the field. A 1a/1b CB crew is paramount to making this scheme work.

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2018, 10:37 AM
so whats the deal with earl thomas? I heard alot of chatter about him being up for a trade or was he a RFA?

If we dump alex, with the 17mil we save on the cap we could realistically get 2-3 impact players for that money? Earl Thomas, Malcom Butler would look nicely in the backend. Possibly keep revis and nelson for rotation.

Then with the money we could save on guys like hali, DJ reworking his deal, ford, and bailey. We could look at addressing LB and WR/TE again.
Revis is gone. 10 mil for his sorry ass? Get the fuck out.

fairladyZ
01-10-2018, 10:41 AM

He knows he's not getting 10mil. DIdn't he play for 500k this year? give him a 2 year vet deal.. Revis knows his big money days are over.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2018, 10:41 AM
If Talib is cut, I'm interested for the right price

T-post Tom
01-10-2018, 10:46 AM
FA lists are deceiving this time of year. A lot of these guys will get new contracts before they ever hit free agency.

As for the Chiefs' FAs, I don't know what to think. Part of the decision will be based on what change, if any, the offensive and defensive schemes/playbooks go thru in the off-season. I imagine the offense won't change much at all. Defense will depend on whether Sutton stays. At the minimum, I expect the Chiefs to keep A.Wilson, Sherman, Fulton, R.Wilson and Nacho.

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2018, 10:47 AM
I target Sheldon Richardson to play opposite Chris Jones.

No thanks.

Besides the attitude, he doesn't deserve a big bucks free agent contract when he put up 1 sack and 27 tackles in Seattle, who also just surrendered a 2nd round pick and Jermaine Kearse.

He's Fool's Gold.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-10-2018, 10:51 AM
If you are thinking of signing multiple veterans to decent sized contracts just remember what happened to Oakland when those rookie contracts moved over to vet salaries. They're in an absolute mess

tatorhog
01-10-2018, 10:51 AM
Some good tight ends. Might be good to grab a couple since we seemingly need 3 of them involved on all third down plays.

They did just sign Jace Amaro to a futures contract. May not stick around, but they are at least addressing already.

MahiMike
01-10-2018, 10:52 AM
Aaron Colvin

Preston brown

Trent Murphy

Allen Robinson

Alex Smith to jags for Robinson and a 2nd

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2018, 10:52 AM
They did just sign Jace Amaro to a futures contract. May not stick around, but they are at least addressing already.

I wouldn't call that move "addressing it".

He's a lottery ticket.

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2018, 10:53 AM

It's a $10 million dollar Roster Bonus. If the Chiefs decline to pay it, they can still negotiate a deal with him, if both sides so chose.

Having Revis around on a sensible contract, especially with the return of Eric Berry, could pay dividends.

tatorhog
01-10-2018, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't call that move "addressing it".

He's lottery ticket.

"addressing" doesn't mean its fixed. It means, they also see it as a need and are at least making an effort now to prep for camp. He's upside. if he sticks, he sticks. Probably will have the same fate as Escobar, but I'm encouraged they are doing something.

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Probably will have the same fate as Escobar, but I'm encouraged they are doing something.

Did you actually expect Veach not to address the glaring hole(s) at the tight end position behind Kelce?

Wha?

oldman
01-10-2018, 11:06 AM
FA lists are deceiving this time of year. A lot of these guys will get new contracts before they ever hit free agency.

At the minimum, I expect the Chiefs to keep A.Wilson, Sherman, Fulton, R.Wilson and Nacho.

I'd agree and I'd sure like to find a way to keep Colquitt at a reduced price. He's 1 of the best in the business and has bailed us out of some tough situations. I know his stats are down this year, but a lot of that was ST play.
One thing that may keep us away from some big names is A. Smith. Any way you look at it, we're not going to recover all the money he's due because we'll have to sign a backup QB. I don't have any idea what what one is worth, but I sure don't want to have Bray as the only other QB on the roster. Drafting one late or an UDFA isn't really an option for a backup.

O.city
01-10-2018, 11:08 AM
Revis was collecting a check and didn’t wanna tackle this year. No way did bring him back

They need to make hay while the sun is shining on defense while having a rookie deal at qb.

Cut the fat and go get some guys

tatorhog
01-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Did you actually expect Veach not to address the glaring hole(s) at the tight end position behind Kelce?

Wha?

Bro, lay off the nyquil. Its January, what else is he going to do right now? At least he saw a young player who was once held in high regard, and signed him to a futures contract to see if there is actually any tread on the tires.

The other dude said we needed to address TE, and I simply mentioned a player that was recently picked up (which I hadn't seen mentioned on here yet) and attempted to convey the idea that at least they see the glaring need at TE too.

Thats all I'm saying. lol

RunKC
01-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Revis was collecting a check and didn’t wanna tackle this year. No way did bring him back

They need to make hay while the sun is shining on defense while having a rookie deal at qb.

Cut the fat and go get some guys

I agree.

We need to go get a quality corner. Trumaine Johnson, Malcolm Butler or even Aqib Talib if he’s let go.

This team needs to be aggressive. Now is the time we can afford to overpay a couple of guys.

O.city
01-10-2018, 11:20 AM
I agree.

We need to go get a quality corner. Trumaine Johnson, Malcolm Butler or even Aqib Talib if he’s let go.

This team needs to be aggressive. Now is the time we can afford to overpay a couple of guys.

I’d look more in the 2nd tier cb market. They’re gonna have to pay peters soon and they need to develop some cbs.

Chiefnj2
01-10-2018, 11:26 AM
On average big name FA's rarely work out well.

O.city
01-10-2018, 11:27 AM
On average big name FA's rarely work out well.

Yep

It’s about getting value there. The mid market guys are where to look imo

hitchief
01-10-2018, 11:32 AM
The complete and total collapse of the game plan post Kelce shows a desperate need for another WR. Allen Robinson should be a top priority.

Yes, cut Wilson's ass and use his money and money from Hali, Zombo, DJ and Harris

Cut Wison and Harris on O and sign Robinson.

Cut Hali, Zombo and DJ on D and sign Butler

Use draft to get OG and backup TE

Wont have enough to get a stud OLB but hopefully Ford comes back healthy for a year. If he doesn't improve, cut him next year and target OLB in round 1.

Its a 2 year plan that would greatly improve the overall team.

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2018, 11:50 AM
Yep

Offensive line is generally different.

If you're getting a solid, if not spectacular, 4 year starter that's heading into Free Agency for the first time, those signings tend to work out better than inserting "CB/WR" from "that" team to "this" team.

The Chiefs really need to bolster their offensive line and without a 1st and a 5th, it's going to be that much more difficult to acquire a guy in the draft.

Bewbies
01-10-2018, 12:08 PM

That problem will be largely fixed by having a QB who isn't a quivering pussy.

Hoover
01-10-2018, 12:13 PM
Yep

Yes. Go get a Tyler Eifert. Don't pretend you can get an all star OLB

O.city
01-10-2018, 12:14 PM

If you're getting a solid, if not spectacular, 4 year starter that's heading into Free Agency for the first time, those signings tend to work out better than inserting "CB/WR" from "that" team to "this" team.

The Chiefs really need to bolster their offensive line and without a 1st and a 5th, it's going to be that much more difficult to acquire a guy in the draft.

A big strong LG would be nice, but I'm not sure they'll be that interested.

I'd imagine they'll lock up one of Fulton or Morse and go status quo there for continuity.

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2018, 01:07 PM
A big strong LG would be nice, but I'm not sure they'll be that interested.

I'd imagine they'll lock up one of Fulton or Morse and go status quo there for continuity.

I'd be shocked if they didn't upgrade the LG position.

When Witzmann wasn't a turnstile, he was a penalty machine.

Fulton isn't mobile enough to play the LG spot, Erving was bad in that position and Morse is just an injury away from missing most of the season.

IMO, it's imperative to either sign or draft a left guard that can help this team in short yardage situations and there hasn't been anyone on this roster capable of doing that for as long as I can remember.

O.city
01-10-2018, 01:09 PM

Fulton isn't mobile enough to play the LG spot, Erving was bad in that position and Morse is just an injury away from missing most of the season.

IMO, it's imperative to either sign or draft a left guard that can help this team in short yardage situations and there hasn't been anyone on this roster capable of doing that for as long as I can remember.

Oh I’d be happy with a new lg and keeping Morse but I’m not sure they’ll do that

We shall see.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Worth noting that the OLB spot can easily be upgraded, as Zombo was probably one of the 2-3 worst edge defenders in football this year. They still need to prioritize it highly however, along with getting a stouter DL.

mcaj22
01-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Worth noting that the OLB spot can easily be upgraded, as Zombo was probably one of the 2-3 worst edge defenders in football this year. They still need to prioritize it highly however, along with getting a stouter DL.

problem is, is there an OLBer worth a salt even hitting FA, usually that position gets locked up

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2018, 01:29 PM
problem is, is there an OLBer worth a salt even hitting FA, usually that position gets locked up

Not sure, but that's my point in a way. It shouldn't be hard to find an upgrade on the market as it can't possibly get any worse than Zombo.

Even Ford is a major upgrade, and that's not saying much.

T-post Tom
01-10-2018, 01:37 PM
One thing that may keep us away from some big names is A. Smith. Any way you look at it, we're not going to recover all the money he's due because we'll have to sign a backup QB. I don't have any idea what what one is worth, but I sure don't want to have Bray as the only other QB on the roster. Drafting one late or an UDFA isn't really an option for a backup.

Chase Daniels signed a 1 yr, $900K deal with the Saints last year. He's 31 yrs old. Might be a realistic option as next year's backup. He knows the system, won't be too expensive, "team guy", and looks good in a visor.

O.city
01-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Zombo tried hard

He’s just not good

O.city
01-10-2018, 01:50 PM

Probably not the big name guys but there surely will be some guys they can get production out of.

Someone like Trent Murphy or Okafor or Upshaw would be better than sombo

Toad
01-10-2018, 02:13 PM

Well said. Some positions provide better average value than others via free agency. Skill positions typically do not provide value on average i.e. CB, edge rusher, WR.

Couch-Potato
01-10-2018, 02:43 PM
Alex Smith to jags for Robinson and a 2nd

Yes please.

Couch-Potato
01-10-2018, 03:13 PM
Trade Alex, ideally for A Robinson and a 2nd! Bring back Sherman, Wilson, Fulton, KPL, Jenkins. Cut and resign DJ at lower rate. Let Hali, Colquit and Bailey go.

Then I would love two from the below defensive list, and just one from the offensive list depending on whether we can get A Robinson in a trade scenario.

Defense:
Malcolm Butler (28) CB
Aqib Talib (31) CB
Earl Thomas (28) S
Kenny Vaccaro (27) S
DeMarcus Lawrence (25) DL/OLB
Ezekiel Ansah (28) OLB
Sheldon Richardson (27) DL
Star Lotulelei (28) DL

Offensive:
Sammy Watkins (24) WR
Jarvis Landry (25) WR
Allen Robinson (24) WR
Marqise Lee (26) WR
Paul Richardson (25) WR
Terrelle Pryor (28) WR
Jordan Matthews (25) WR
Michael Crabtree (30) WR
Mike Wallace (31) WR
John Brown (27) WR
Josh Gordon (26) WR
Jimmy Graham (31) TE/WR
Tyler Eifert (27) TE
Trey Burton (26) TE
Antonio Gates (37) TE
Justin Pugh (27) OG/OT
Andrew Norwell (26) OG

O.city
01-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Chiefs aren’t gonna have that much cap room holy hell

Maybe they could get 1 of those guys

RunKC
01-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Mike Pennel could be our new Mike DeVito, who we have missed terribly since he’s left.

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Chiefs aren’t gonna have that much cap room holy hell

Maybe they could get 1 of those guys
Why not? Assuming we trim the fat and get rid of DJ, Hali, Ford, Bailey, Parker, and trade Smith all of a sudden we've got quite a bit of cap.

Chief Northman
01-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Allen Robinson is a free agent dummies.

RunKC
01-10-2018, 05:46 PM
Holy shit I’m going to start flooding this thread with Mike Pennel. We need to sign this man to be our next NT

Titty Meat
01-10-2018, 06:05 PM
Talib and a cheap NT

Chief Roundup
01-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Cut Hali, DJ, Colquitt

No need to cut Colquitt he is a FA.

Chief Roundup
01-10-2018, 06:13 PM
If Talib is cut, I'm interested for the right price

Isn't that the case for every good player. I see this said a lot and it seems so obvious that I get a kick out of it every time I see where someone has used that line.

KChiefs1
01-10-2018, 06:26 PM
Concentrate on defense.

KChiefs1
01-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Lawrence
Ansah
Lotulelei
Talib

CoMoChief
01-10-2018, 07:12 PM
QB2
----------------------
1 of the Minnesota 3
Chase Daniel
Josh Johnson

BigCatDaddy
01-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Chase Daniels signed a 1 yr, $900K deal with the Saints last year. He's 31 yrs old. Might be a realistic option as next year's backup. He knows the system, won't be too expensive, "team guy", and looks good in a visor.

I think that is a perfect fit. He pretty much duplicated what Alex did when given starts.

mcaj22
01-10-2018, 07:53 PM
Probably not the big name guys but there surely will be some guys they can get production out of.

Someone like Trent Murphy or Okafor or Upshaw would be better than sombo

yuck.

Couch-Potato
01-10-2018, 09:39 PM
QB2
----------------------
1 of the Minnesota 3
Chase Daniel
Josh Johnson

EJ Manual?

Cornstock
01-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Trading Smith and cutting a few guys, while renegotiating a contract with DJ will give us some dough to play with.

If we get a 2nd for Smith the pick will obviously be defense. Take best available between corner or LB. There will be some run stoppers available in free agency.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Mike Pennel could be our new Mike DeVito, who we have missed terribly since he’s left.

He's huge. Noticed him during the Jets game for that alone.

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Mike Pennel was born in Topeka, KS. I'm liking this idea more and more.

oldman
01-10-2018, 11:19 PM
Daniel's deal with the Saints seems pretty cheap to me. I would think a quality backup would be in the $2-3M range at least. If we can retain Fulton and think either Morse or Ehinger can hold down the LG spot, groovy. I think LG and a backup QB should hold us on offense and every other resource should be given to the D. While another WR might be on some folks lists, we have Hill, Conley coming back, Robinson, and a couple guys that seemed to click with PM2 in camp, Kemp and Dieter. You could retain Wilson and DAT. How many WRs do you need?

RunKC
01-10-2018, 11:41 PM
Dear Brett Veach,

Please sign this man. He's 26 and shouldn't cost much.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patriots run a zone lead. Adams fills in to get in on the tackle. Mike Pennel (0 tech) shows RIDICULOUS power as he is initially combo blocked but then drives the center back into the running lane with one arm. <a href="https://t.co/aOVQ35VGIS">pic.twitter.com/aOVQ35VGIS</a></p>&mdash; Joe Blewett (@Joerb31) <a href="https://twitter.com/Joerb31/status/948734532068495362?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Pennel (1 tech) bulls the center backwards clogging the b gap where this power run is designed to go. Which forces Gordon to bounce the run outside where he is brought down. <a href="https://t.co/7sVMSEwsB3">pic.twitter.com/7sVMSEwsB3</a></p>&mdash; Joe Blewett (@Joerb31) <a href="https://twitter.com/Joerb31/status/945829726337273856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Pennel and Steve McLendon are having solid years for the Jets. Both Pennel (1 tech) and McLendon (3 tech) both use the jerk move on their blockers (LG,RG) to get in on the tackle. <a href="https://t.co/EUQ7wIbePq">pic.twitter.com/EUQ7wIbePq</a></p>&mdash; Joe Blewett (@Joerb31) <a href="https://twitter.com/Joerb31/status/945809498085691392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Jets</a> DT <a href="https://twitter.com/TheBeastPennel?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheBeastPennel</a> tallied 5 run stops across 20 run snaps. His 25 run stop percentage is tops among qualified DTs. Over past 2 weeks, Pennel owns 2nd highest run grade among 112 qualified interior defenders. He&#39;s been starting in place of Muhammad Wilkerson <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@pff</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LACvsNYJ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LACvsNYJ</a></p>&mdash; Paul Andrew Esden Jr (@BoyGreen25) <a href="https://twitter.com/BoyGreen25/status/945135929789992961?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 25, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Pennel can be our NT/1-tech.

Add him and improve your OLB across from Houston and we will have a very formidable front.

Couch-Potato
01-11-2018, 08:01 AM
A few notes to the above posts:

1) Hard to believe any of the Vikings Three will want to play backup next year, didn't all three play well enough to seek a starting job when they could?

2) Pennel looks like just what the doctor ordered!

3) KCMO is not a major talent pool on the national stage for anything but college basketball players, just because someone is from there or went to school there doesn't mean they should come back. That said, yes to Talib and no to Chase Daniel.

Rausch
01-11-2018, 08:10 AM
If we can retain Fulton and think either Morse or Ehinger can hold down the LG spot, groovy. I think LG and a backup QB should hold us on offense and every other resource should be given to the D. While another WR might be on some folks lists, we have Hill, Conley coming back, Robinson, and a couple guys that seemed to click with PM2 in camp...

We can always draft a guy...

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 08:13 AM
A few notes to the above posts:

1) Hard to believe any of the Vikings Three will want to play backup next year, didn't all three play well enough to seek a starting job when they could?

2) Pennel looks like just what the doctor ordered!

3) KCMO is not a major talent pool on the national stage for anything but college basketball players, just because someone is from there or went to school there doesn't mean they should come back. That said, yes to Talib and no to Chase Daniel.
Much rather Chase Daniel then any other option. Knows the offense already and is somewhat mobile. Probably going to be cheap as fuck too.

Hoover
01-11-2018, 08:22 AM
While I'm on board with the notion of continuting to invest in the defense through the draft, I also think you have to have an eye out for value. Now I think out 2nd round pick needs to be a defensive player, but if I'm in the third and there is a interior lineman or tackle sitting there I don't hesitate because it is a position of need. Cam Erving is stil a project and entering into the final year of his deal. Witzmann and Morse are also in their final years. So the guard position is an actual legit need that needs to be addressed, especially considering we has a young QB.

Hoover
01-11-2018, 08:23 AM
Much rather Chase Daniel then any other option. Knows the offense already and is somewhat mobile. Probably going to be cheap as fuck too.
Chase at vet minimum is a steal. Love to have him back, even at his old 3 year 10M deal.

Reerun_KC
01-11-2018, 08:24 AM
He knows he's not getting 10mil. DIdn't he play for 500k this year? give him a 2 year vet deal.. Revis knows his big money days are over.

And his usefulness is way past over. Again. We got to get younger and get over these old guys that eat up a shit ton of money and produce very little.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 08:26 AM
Revis was a hired gun for playoff contenders. His time is gone. Seriously doubt he's going to want to play for vet minimum, which is about all he's worth nowadays. I sincerely doubt he plays for a love of the game, he plays for money. It was like yanking teeth trying to get him to sign this first go around.

Couch-Potato
01-11-2018, 08:29 AM
Trade:
Alex = 2nd & Josh Gordon (26) from the Browns

Resign:
Sherman, Wilson, Fulton, KPL, Mitchell.

Restructure:
DJ

Cut
Hali & Bailey

Sign FA:

Defense:
Aqib Talib (31) CB
Mike Pennel (26) DL
+New Coordinator with pass rush mentality

Offensive:
Tyler Eifert (27) TE

Draft:

2nd- OLB (Alex)
2nd- DL
3rd- ILB
4th- DB
6th- OG

Results:
Browns trade a headache for stability. Chiefs acquire x4 high-value, low-cost, starting caliber players: Gordon, Talib, Pennel, Eifert. Offense is set for the foreseeable future. Brining back DJ and Berry, plus Talib and Pennel, along with spending our high draft picks on defense and bringing in a new coordinator should go a long way in solidifying our defense.

Reerun_KC
01-11-2018, 08:52 AM
Restructure and do what with DJ?

Chris Meck
01-11-2018, 10:04 AM
Revis is gone. 10 mil for his sorry ass? Get the **** out.

I believe the cap hit is 4.5 million. Not so bad.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 10:09 AM
I believe the cap hit is 4.5 million. Not so bad.
Yes, it really is. Outside of tutoring our CBs how to play press, which we don't even really do, he's worthless. His tackling attempts make Ron Parker cringe.

Chris Meck
01-11-2018, 10:12 AM

since Brian fucking Waters.

Couch-Potato
01-11-2018, 10:13 AM
Restructure and do what with DJ?

He looked good in the last couple games, I think he and Ragland play well together. Are there a bunch of alternative ILBs that i'm unaware of that would be an improvement over DJ?

fairladyZ
01-11-2018, 10:17 AM
Currently as it sits we are $8mil over the cap for 2018.

Cutting or trading these players will gain us just a hair under $49mil
Alex Smith
Derrick Johnson
Tamba Hali
Dee Ford
Allen Bailey
Frank Zombo

Now for the sake of looking at things Justin Houston's cap hit is $20mil
Eric Berry's cap hit is $13mil
I Don't think both will rework their deals but maybe one would, I'd lean more towards Houston, dude says he wants to win and wants the superbowl, then it's time to help the team out.

I don't think we cut/trade all those players but lets say we rework DJ into a very friendly deal, Hali retires, and MAYBE we tell dee either take a very very insentive base team friendly deal or GTFO.

So lets say all cut we have 49mil added, minus the 8 mil we are over we are at 41mil, Say we keep DJ and Dee at a total of 5mil for both, we are at 36mil.

All this is based with a projected cap of 178mil

Earl Thomas, Eric Reid, Malcom Butler, and Talib would definitely be on my radar. I think butler is out though since he's wanting 10mil a year. I'm not sure what talib or thomas would want. The idea of having Earl Thomas and Eric Berry on the same field makes me moist though

Then we have to resign who we want as well though, Hopefully colquitt would take a team friendly deal, wilson, sherman, KPL.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 10:17 AM
Assuming Talib and Crabtree are both cap casualties we should sign them both. The perpetual game of snatch the chain they play would be great fun in training camp.

fairladyZ
01-11-2018, 10:20 AM
Assuming Talib and Crabtree are both cap casualties we should sign them both. The perpetual game of snatch the chain they play would be great fun in training camp.

LOL my only problem with talib is i think he'd be a bad influence for peters, and noway crabtree comes here, He hates peters with a passion as well.

staylor26
01-11-2018, 10:23 AM

I’m all in on Talib, but Conley can give us what Crabtree would
provide at the #2 WR spot. I’d rather spend the money on defense.

Toad
01-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Love DJ and all, but I don't think I can stomach watching him chasing running backs another year.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 10:25 AM
I’m all in on Talib, but Conley can give us what Crabtree would
provide at the #2 WR spot. I’d rather spend the money on defense.
I was joking. The only WR I want is Robinson.

Hoover
01-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Trade:
Alex = 2nd & Josh Gordon (26) from the Browns

Resign:
Sherman, Wilson, Fulton, KPL, Mitchell.

Restructure:
DJ

Cut
Hali & Bailey

Sign FA:

Defense:
Aqib Talib (31) CB
Mike Pennel (26) DL
+New Coordinator with pass rush mentality

Offensive:
Tyler Eifert (27) TE

Draft:

2nd- OLB (Alex)
2nd- DL
3rd- ILB
4th- DB
6th- OG

Results:
Browns trade a headache for stability. Chiefs acquire x4 high-value, low-cost, starting caliber players: Gordon, Talib, Pennel, Eifert. Offense is set for the foreseeable future. Brining back DJ and Berry, plus Talib and Pennel, along with spending our high draft picks on defense and bringing in a new coordinator should go a long way in solidifying our defense.
Gordon is an Exclusive Rights FA - so he would need PAID, not sure that's a good deal to make as its risky as hell.

Chris Meck
01-11-2018, 10:30 AM
I really wouldn't spend a lot of capital on Gordon or any other FA WR. A solid LG and roll with it on offense. It's the defense that needs the lion's share of resources right now.

RunKC
01-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Mid level FA’s I’m interested in:

Richard Rodgers TE
Trey Burton TE
Anthony Fasano TE
DJ Fluker G
Xavier Sua’Filo G
Paul Richardson WR
John Brown WR
Donte Moncrief WR
Trent Murphy OLB
Aaron Lynch OLB
Mike Pennel DL
Quinton Dial DL
Ricky Jean Francois DL
Arthur Jones DL
Zach’s Brown ILB
Sean Spence ILB
Davon House CB
Vontae Davis CB
Morgan Burnett S
Kenny Vaccaro S
Tre Boston S

SuperBowl4
01-11-2018, 10:58 AM
Cut Hali, DJ, ColquittWhy Colquitt?

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 11:08 AM
Cut Hali, DJ, Colquitt

You can't cut a guy that's not under contract

spanky 52
01-11-2018, 11:10 AM
OLB Attaochu and S Phillips from the Chargers. Attaochu is a 3-4 lb and Phillips would be an upgrade over Murray.

Rausch
01-11-2018, 11:10 AM
You can't cut a guy that's not under contract

Or the MVP...

Rausch
01-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Why Colquitt?

Sleep well, I'll kill them all...

Rausch
01-11-2018, 11:12 AM
I was joking. The only WR I want is Robinson.

:spock:

CoMoChief
01-11-2018, 03:41 PM
Resign KPL, Wilson, Fulton, Nunez-Roches

Colquitt walks. Some team will overpay for him, and it hopefully wont be KC. Could take a home discount but hes old and probably wont get a big deal regardless of where he goes, hes still one of the best in the league so might as well go to the highest bidder before he has to hang them up eventually.

Sherman walks. Hes a fullback, you can sign a FB anywhere. Hes a good one, but the amount of time he sees on the field should only warrant peanut$. Need to spend that money elsewhere.

Release DJ unless he restructures his deal. He can still play, but his role on the field should be reduced, as should his salary, should he remain a Chief in 2018. I doubt DJ would settle for this being that hes more than paid his dues as being apart of this shitstain of a franchise for as long as he has. But ultimately its a business and the Chiefs need cap relief. So I imagine DJ will probably be released.

Release Hali. Great career for KC, but he probably shouldve hung them up after last season.

Trade Alex Smith. Id be surprised if KC got a 2nd out of him, but Buf, Jax, Arz, Cle, Nyj, Den, possibly Was all have QB issues, although its unlikely Chiefs trade him to a division rival. Itd be nice to work out a pkg deal with CLE and Josh Gordon. High risk high reward player but if he pans out and isnt a headache and stays on the field etc., Gordon and Hill would be fucking deadly with Kelce and Hunt, Wilson would make a decent slot guy with that personnel group assuming he catches the ball.

Release Bailey. Not sure youd get any draft pick for him with only 1 yr left on his deal, time to move on from him, hes really JAG who makes a lot more than hes worth, Id release him

FA
QB-Chase Daniel....knows system, coaches, personnel, etc. This is a no-brainer.

CB-Aqib Talib....hed cost a bit assuming hes released, but it would be money well spent, this teams secondary was exploited big time last season when the pass rush wasnt there. Peters Talib and Berry (assuming hes back to former self) all ballhawking the field? Fuck yes.

A guard would be nice, and/or a DL. Need help in the trenches, this team really needs to have Morse play guard and Fulton at center. It would be nice to upgrade depth in this area.

Id look for OLB or CB early in the draft, or as early as they can if available. ILB and OL depth needed. Maybe another safety, depth needed in many areas.

Couch-Potato
01-11-2018, 04:32 PM
Resign KPL, Wilson, Fulton, Nunez-Roches

Colquitt walks. Some team will overpay for him, and it hopefully wont be KC. Could take a home discount but hes old and probably wont get a big deal regardless of where he goes, hes still one of the best in the league so might as well go to the highest bidder before he has to hang them up eventually.

Sherman walks. Hes a fullback, you can sign a FB anywhere. Hes a good one, but the amount of time he sees on the field should only warrant peanut$. Need to spend that money elsewhere.

Release DJ unless he restructures his deal. He can still play, but his role on the field should be reduced, as should his salary, should he remain a Chief in 2018. I doubt DJ would settle for this being that hes more than paid his dues as being apart of this shitstain of a franchise for as long as he has. But ultimately its a business and the Chiefs need cap relief. So I imagine DJ will probably be released.

Release Hali. Great career for KC, but he probably shouldve hung them up after last season.

Trade Alex Smith. Id be surprised if KC got a 2nd out of him, but Buf, Jax, Arz, Cle, Nyj, Den, possibly Was all have QB issues, although its unlikely Chiefs trade him to a division rival. Itd be nice to work out a pkg deal with CLE and Josh Gordon. High risk high reward player but if he pans out and isnt a headache and stays on the field etc., Gordon and Hill would be ****ing deadly with Kelce and Hunt, Wilson would make a decent slot guy with that personnel group assuming he catches the ball.

Release Bailey. Not sure youd get any draft pick for him with only 1 yr left on his deal, time to move on from him, hes really JAG who makes a lot more than hes worth, Id release him

FA
QB-Chase Daniel....knows system, coaches, personnel, etc. This is a no-brainer.

CB-Aqib Talib....hed cost a bit assuming hes released, but it would be money well spent, this teams secondary was exploited big time last season when the pass rush wasnt there. Peters Talib and Berry (assuming hes back to former self) all ballhawking the field? **** yes.

A guard would be nice, and/or a DL. Need help in the trenches, this team really needs to have Morse play guard and Fulton at center. It would be nice to upgrade depth in this area.

Id look for OLB or CB early in the draft, or as early as they can if available. ILB and OL depth needed. Maybe another safety, depth needed in many areas.

Agreed.

Chief Roundup
01-11-2018, 07:23 PM
LOL my only problem with talib is i think he'd be a bad influence for peters, and noway crabtree comes here, He hates peters with a passion as well.

This whole thing is a joke, right. Talib is the one that Crabtree hates. Talib is the one that yanked his chain off and Crabtree was throwing wild punches at.

fairladyZ
01-11-2018, 07:47 PM
haven't heard anything last year but the year before crabtree wouldn't even talk about peters on the top 100. They have a beef of some sorts over something

Couch-Potato
01-11-2018, 10:02 PM
This whole thing is a joke, right. Talib is the one that Crabtree hates. Talib is the one that yanked his chain off and Crabtree was throwing wild punches at.

The three can learn to get along for the sake of the team. Chiefs 2018!!!

kccrow
01-12-2018, 12:22 AM
I really don't care if the Chiefs sign any of their free agents, but I'd do:

RFA Tender Rakeem Nunez-Roches
ERFA Tender Terrance Smith
UFA Re-Sign Kevin Pierre-Louis to a backup deal, maybe 3 for 3.5 per type of deal
UFA Re-Sign Jarvis Jenkins to a backup deal, maybe 2 for 1.0 per type of deal or 1 year

In FA, I'd look at the following (not meant as go get them all, but I've *'d the ones I'm most interested in).

Andrew Norwell, LG (CAR)*
Trey Burton, TE (PHI)
Allen Robinson, WR (JAX)*
Austin Davis, QB (SEA)
Tom Savage, QB (HOU)
Blaine Gabbert, QB (ARZ)
Zach Line, FB (NO)
Jaron Brown, WR (ARZ)
Jordan Matthews, WR (BUF)
John Brown, WR (ARZ)
James Hurst, OG/RT (BAL)
Jack Mewhort, OG (IND)*
Connor Barwin, EDGE (LAR)
Denico Autry, EDGE (OAK)
Jeremiah Attaochu, EDGE (LAC)
DaQuan Jones, DE (TEN)*
Beau Allen, DT (PHI)
Mike Pennel, DT (NYJ)*
Quinton Dial, DT (GB)*
Todd Davis, ILB (DEN)
Preston Brown, ILB (BUF)
Anthony Hitchens, ILB (DAL)*
Christian Jones, ILB (CHI)*
Aaron Colvin, SCB (JAX)
T.J. Carrie, CB (OAK)*
Baushaud Breeland, CB (WAS)*
Malcolm Butler, CB (NE)*
Tre Boston, FS (LAC)*
Bradley McDougald, SS/FS (SEA)
Kenny Vaccaro, FS (NO)*

RFA's depending on tender:
Justin Coleman, CB (SEA)

Titty Meat
01-12-2018, 01:06 AM
I want Fulton and Wilson back but you gotta figure Fulton will get a reasonably big contract and Bert could cost somehwere near 5mil per.

Titty Meat
01-12-2018, 01:07 AM
Talib is the ball Hawking corner we miss. The influence on Peters thing is stupid with the leadership of Berry coming back it would off set it. Get Talib figure out a pass rush that's a super bowl defense with Hunt/Ware limiting the amount Mahomes has to throw.

Skyy God
01-12-2018, 09:11 AM
Sherman, Albert Wilson, Fulton, KPL should all be resigned.

Wish list would be a couple of the following; Malcom Butler, Eric Ried, Demarcus Lawrence, Star Lotuleie

Agree with all UFA re-signs except Sherman.

Need Talib on a cheap contract, a DT to replace Logan, and a quality #2 TE.

fairladyZ
01-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Talib is set to get 12mil this year, don't think he's going to take anything under 10mil. Which if we are going to pay that might as well go after butler since he's younger. Not to mention we have to pay peters in a few years.

If talib would take 6-7 a year then yes I think for sure you go after him but I don't think he will.

O.city
01-12-2018, 10:25 AM
I wouldn’t be looking at a high paying corner unless you plan to let Peters walk.

Beef up the front 7 and grab a corner in the draft

pugsnotdrugs19
01-12-2018, 10:32 AM
I wouldn’t be looking at a high paying corner unless you plan to let Peters walk.

Beef up the front 7 and grab a corner in the draft

Yeah, that's why I say that the Talib thing would need to be for the right price for me to feel good about it. I'd say he'd cost $9-10M a year though. That's a little rich probably.

We need to nail 4-5 mid-tier FAs.

OKchiefs
01-12-2018, 10:35 AM
No room to sign anyone beyond veteran minimum deals unless Alex is gone.

RealSNR
01-12-2018, 10:54 AM
I know it's foolish to spend this much on two safeties but can you imagine our defensive backfield if we signed Earl Thomas to pair with Eric Berry?

Yeah yeah I know. It was only a stupid fantasy

Sassy Squatch
01-12-2018, 10:55 AM
I know it's foolish to spend this much on two safeties but can you imagine our defensive backfield if we signed Earl Thomas to pair with Eric Berry?

With how much nickel and dime we play, might as well get someone back there who is actually just a bit useful.

RunKC
01-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Yeah, that's why I say that the Talib thing would need to be for the right price for me to feel good about it. I'd say he'd cost $9-10M a year though. That's a little rich probably.

We need to nail 4-5 mid-tier FAs.

We need another 2013 offseason.

DaneMcCloud
01-12-2018, 11:16 AM
We need another 2013 offseason.

The Chiefs greatly benefited from having the #1 Waiver Priority for the first three weeks of the 2013 season.

Veach is behind the 8 Ball this offseason but I think he'll be able to add some talent.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-12-2018, 11:27 AM

Probably more feasible than Talib or any big name corner, money wise. But... he wants to be a Cowboy.

RunKC
01-12-2018, 11:37 AM
The Chiefs greatly benefited from having the #1 Waiver Priority for the first three weeks of the 2013 season.

Veach is behind the 8 Ball this offseason but I think he'll be able to add some talent.

I almost hope we can try to get a player for Alex if possible. If we can get a quality pass rusher or CB in a trade, I’m all for it.

ModSocks
01-12-2018, 11:41 AM

While we're at it, lets grab Talib if he gets cut.

Berry/Thomas
Talib/Peters/Nelson.

fairladyZ
01-12-2018, 11:42 AM

Berry/Thomas
Talib/Peters/Nelson.

with the right cuts, trade alex, and restructure a guy I think this would be doable. atleast money wise. And it would be the dream squad. that back end would be a nightmare to throw against.

bigjosh
01-12-2018, 11:44 AM

Berry/Thomas
Talib/Peters/Nelson.

Need some guys to collapse the pocket. All the secondary in the world wont help if guys cant get after the quarterback within 5 seconds.

ModSocks
01-12-2018, 11:45 AM
with the right cuts, trade alex, and restructure a guy I think this would be doable. atleast money wise. And it would be the dream squad. that back end would be a nightmare to throw against.

If they go that route then i'd dedicate draft resources to shoring up the pass rush. Receiver will have to wait yet another season.

The Franchise
01-12-2018, 11:47 AM
Trade Alex, DJ and Hali retire/cut. That gives you $30 million in cap space to work with. Remove around $4-5 million for the rookie contracts and you've got $25 million to play with.

We absolutely need a couple of defensive linemen, a couple of OLBs and a couple of CBs.

I would prefer to grab one of each from the draft and sign one of each in FA.

fairladyZ
01-12-2018, 01:24 PM
If they go that route then i'd dedicate draft resources to shoring up the pass rush. Receiver will have to wait yet another season.

Agreed. unless when we trade alex we can get a DT or rusher instead of picks. Then aslong as they aren't going to break the bank.

Receivers I think will be fine, we definitely need another TE, but Hill, Conley, Wilson, Robinson, and Kemp will be fine I think.

The Franchise
01-12-2018, 01:28 PM
Agreed. unless when we trade alex we can get a DT or rusher instead of picks. Then aslong as they aren't going to break the bank.

Receivers I think will be fine, we definitely need another TE, but Hill, Conley, Wilson, Robinson, and Kemp will be fine I think.

Our receivers are good. I'd have no problem rolling with Hill, Conley, Robinson, Chesson and Kemp if we don't bring back Wilson. And I almost think that TEs are fine. Kelce is obviously good and Harris has shown flashes with Mahomes at QB. We can bring in whatever at the third TE position. Maybe Amaro shows something in TC.

We need to go defensive....and then defense again. And then defense again. We need multiple pass rushers, multiple CBs and multiple defensive linemen.

fairladyZ
01-12-2018, 01:30 PM
Our receivers are good. I'd have no problem rolling with Hill, Conley, Robinson, Chesson and Kemp if we don't bring back Wilson. And I almost think that TEs are fine. Kelce is obviously good and Harris has shown flashes with Mahomes at QB. We can bring in whatever at the third TE position. Maybe Amaro shows something in TC.

We need to go defensive....and then defense again. And then defense again. We need multiple pass rushers, multiple CBs and multiple defensive linemen.

Ah i forgot about Chesson. I prefer them to keep wilson, as much as his face bugs me I think he's a good position receiver, he seems to come up big in some instances and mahomes seemed to really like him.

100% agree but also think we need a new LG

The Franchise
01-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Ah i forgot about Chesson. I prefer them to keep wilson, as much as his face bugs me I think he's a good position receiver, he seems to come up big in some instances and mahomes seemed to really like him.

100% agree but also think we need a new LG

I'm of the mindset that we need to re-sign Fulton, start him at center and move Morse to LG. I'm sure the chances of that happening are .00000001% though.

Fisher - Morse - Fulton - LDT - Schwartz.

That's an above average starting offensive line.

fairladyZ
01-12-2018, 01:34 PM
I'm of the mindset that we need to re-sign Fulton, start him at center and move Morse to LG. I'm sure the chances of that happening are .00000001% though.

Fisher - Morse - Fulton - LDT - Schwartz.

That's an above average starting offensive line.

I definitely prefer fulton at center over morse, I don't think morse has the size for LG, I thought he was small for center but could be athletic, To me it doesn't seem like he has the size or nastiness to be LG.

Easy 6
01-12-2018, 01:40 PM
I'd prefer to start all over at LG, take the biggest, nastiest dude available in the draft and Morse can back up Fulton

pugsnotdrugs19
01-12-2018, 01:44 PM
I'd rather go after an Allen Robinson than bring Wilson back. If we're going to sign a WR, may as well upgrade because I doubt Wilson is all that much better than the other guys currently on the roster.

The Franchise
01-12-2018, 01:44 PM
I'd prefer to start all over at LG, take the biggest, nastiest dude available in the draft and Morse can back up Fulton

Dude is going top 10 but I'd love to have Quenton Nelson out of Notre Dame.

Easy 6
01-12-2018, 01:50 PM
Dude is going top 10 but I'd love to have Quenton Nelson out of Notre Dame.

6'5 330 with a scouting report that says things like 'built like a house, moves like a ballerina'... count me in

http://thedraftster.com/2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report-quenton-nelson/

pugsnotdrugs19
01-12-2018, 01:56 PM
Nelson would be awesome, but we have no chance

kccrow
01-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Will Hernandez would be a hell of a consolation prize. I also like Isaiah Wynn and Billy Price.

Sassy Squatch
01-12-2018, 02:28 PM
Pipe dream is trading with Arizona for #15 and taking Roquan Smith.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-12-2018, 03:19 PM
Pipe dream is trading with Arizona for #15 and taking Roquan Smith.

You think they'd use #15 on Smith? I'm not sure. His draft stock is going to sway heavily on his measurements, because he checks out on tape.

If we were to pick that high, I hope there's an edge rusher or corner who can really play to take.

Sassy Squatch
01-12-2018, 03:21 PM
You think they'd use #15 on Smith? I'm not sure. His draft stock is going to sway heavily on his measurements, because he checks out on tape.

If we were to pick that high, I hope there's an edge rusher or corner who can really play to take.
6'1, 225 last I saw. A tad undersized, but the way he was making plays in both CFB playoff games leads me to believe it won't really matter.

Mecca
01-12-2018, 03:24 PM
If the Chiefs had #15 that pick would probably be a CB as they're going to give Dee Ford another year.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-12-2018, 03:25 PM
6'1, 225 last I saw. A tad undersized, but the way he was making plays in both CFB playoff games leads me to believe it won't really matter.

They never used Ragland on third downs very often, so I suppose we might need a 3-down ILB. Wouldn't complain.

Some of the best defenses get built on dominant ILB duos.

Mecca
01-12-2018, 03:28 PM
They never used Ragland on third downs very often, so I suppose we might need a 3-down ILB. Wouldn't complain.

Some of the best defenses get built on dominant ILB duos.

The question is, do Eligwe and KPL compete for that job or do they just view them as backups.

O.city
01-12-2018, 03:53 PM
The LG from Notre Dame might be the only OL I've seen that I would legit say is on a HOF path. It's crazy to say, but he's fucking unreal.

If they get back in the first round and were at 15 and Roqoun (sp?) Smith is there, I'd fucking sprint to make that pick. He's phenomenal.

Couch-Potato
01-12-2018, 07:52 PM
I'd rather go after an Allen Robinson than bring Wilson back. If we're going to sign a WR, may as well upgrade because I doubt Wilson is all that much better than the other guys currently on the roster.

I agree, great fit.

NJChiefsFan
01-13-2018, 11:29 AM

I agree. I'm fine not upgrading at those positions if it means we are fixing OLB, CB, and one of DL/ILB. Could potentially use a G.

RunKC
01-13-2018, 11:44 AM

Agree about WR’s. I want to sign Wilson though because he’s a good slot receiver and won’t cost much.

Sign a TE in FA, sign 3-4 FA’s on defense, use our 2nd and 1st/2nd (whatever we get for Alex) on non-developmental defensive players that can help immediately, use our 3rd and 4th rd picks on OL and another receiver.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 11:59 AM
Agree about WR’s. I want to sign Wilson though because he’s a good slot receiver and won’t cost much.

Sign a TE in FA, sign 3-4 FA’s on defense, use our 2nd and 1st/2nd (whatever we get for Alex) on non-developmental defensive players that can help immediately, use our 3rd and 4th rd picks on OL and another receiver.

All of this... sure wouldnt have said it last year, but yes on Wilson for sure, he took a big step this year and became a solid role player

BryanBusby
01-13-2018, 12:06 PM
If the Chiefs had #15 that pick would probably be a CB as they're going to give Dee Ford another year.
Dee Ford is getting released and I think it's a primary reason why he went on IR.

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2018, 12:20 PM
Dee Ford is getting released and I think it's a primary reason why he went on IR.

His 2018 contract is guaranteed for injury so it would be silly to release him

lcarus
01-13-2018, 01:12 PM
I bet we sign Chase Daniel. Assuming of course that we trade Alex and move forward with Mahomes as the man.

lcarus
01-13-2018, 01:13 PM
The LG from Notre Dame might be the only OL I've seen that I would legit say is on a HOF path. It's crazy to say, but he's fucking unreal.

If they get back in the first round and were at 15 and Roqoun (sp?) Smith is there, I'd fucking sprint to make that pick. He's phenomenal.

We could definitely use a guard. I know people don't like to pick "fatties" but we sucked ass in the trenches too often.

Rausch
01-13-2018, 01:16 PM
I wanted me some big beefeaters at G but they aren't there.

Toad
01-13-2018, 01:21 PM
His 2018 contract is guaranteed for injury so it would be silly to release him

Mr. Dane, are we sure about that? I wasn't sure if an option year was guaranteed.

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2018, 01:35 PM
Mr. Dane, are we sure about that? I wasn't sure if an option year was guaranteed.

The Chiefs picked up his 5th year option which is guaranteed for injury.

He ended the 2017 season on IR so if they cut him now, they'd owe his full salary.

If he's available to participate in Training Camp, he can be cut without any issues, unless, once again, he's injured and if so, his salary is guaranteed.

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2018, 01:37 PM
I wanted me some big beefeaters at G but they aren't there.

Andrew Norwell would be a phenomenal addition. 2017 All Pro, knows the system, played for Rivera.

I'd take a look at Quinton Spain, 27 years old, LG for the Titans. He wouldn't be a huge an upgrade as Norwell but would definitely be far better than anyone currently on the Chiefs roster.

Most of the other options are old or injury prone (Jack Mewhort, for one).

Toad
01-13-2018, 01:45 PM

He ended the 2017 season on IR so if they cut him now, they'd owe his full salary.

If he's available to participate in Training Camp, he can be cut without any issues, unless, once again, he's injured and if so, his salary is guaranteed.

So TC is the earliest he can be cut if healthy? Who has the call to determine he is cleared or not?

BryanBusby
01-13-2018, 01:51 PM

He's eligible for the chopping block the moment he can pass a physical.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Andrew Norwell would be a phenomenal addition. 2017 All Pro, knows the system, played for Rivera.

I'd take a look at Quinton Spain, 27 years old, LG for the Titans. He wouldn't be a huge an upgrade as Norwell but would definitely be far better than anyone currently on the Chiefs roster.

Most of the other options are old or injury prone (Jack Mewhort, for one).

When I look at the offense, that guard spot is my top priority. I want Veach to make it a top priority to give Patrick a good line every single year. The weapons are there, and I personally believe he will always make the receivers look a little better than they are.

I'd be psyched about Norwell.

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2018, 02:13 PM
He's eligible for the chopping block the moment he can pass a physical.

Right, but they can't cut him now or if he's injured heading into the year.

TRR
01-13-2018, 02:13 PM
When I look at the offense, that guard spot is my top priority. I want Veach to make it a top priority to give Patrick a good line every single year. The weapons are there, and I personally believe he will always make the receivers look a little better than they are.

I'd be psyched about Norwell.

I would be fine re-signing Fulton and moving Morse to LG. I have serious doubts about Morse holding up at Center for 16 games. He’s more natural at Guard.

To your point thought, LG has to get an upgrade this offseason.

RunKC
01-13-2018, 02:15 PM
We aren’t getting Norwell guys come on. The guy is going to get a $60 million deal averaging $12 million a year.

Now Quinton Spain? That’s more likely.

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2018, 02:17 PM
When I look at the offense, that guard spot is my top priority.

It's been a priority during Reid's tenure.

Jeff Allen, Donald Stephenson, Zach Fulton, Ben Grubbs, Jah Reid, Parker Ehinger, Bryan Witzmann and probably others I can't even remember haven't been able to produce at an even average level for the position.

That's why, IMO, Veach should target Andrew Norwell, which would stabilize the offensive line for at least 3 more seasons, if not more.

He's their best possible addition in Free Agency, IMO, because they're not paying for a Top Tier CB or OLBer.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 02:18 PM
We aren’t getting Norwell guys come on. The guy is going to get a $60 million deal averaging $12 million a year.

TRR probably made the most logical point of just moving Morse to guard and retaining Fulton, which allows you to keep continuity. Morse's athleticism has always made him a good fit at guard, but until now the opportunity to make the switch hadn't really presented itself. I think he'd be a great puller and trapper.

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2018, 02:18 PM

Why not?

The Chiefs can give him a nice signing bonus and backload his contract. Houston will be coming off the books very soon, so it would be very doable.

I just think they need to stop fucking around with late rounders, trades and UDFA's and get a motherfucker that's going to be a badass for 4 years.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 02:20 PM
Offensive line lately has been seemingly the best position to spend big on in FA. Oakland turned their line into a top 3 unit using basically only FA, although they took a step back as a unit this year.

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2018, 02:20 PM
TRR probably made the most logical point of just moving Morse to guard and retaining Fulton, which allows you to keep continuity. Morse's athleticism has always made him a good fit at guard, but until now the opportunity to make the switch hadn't really presented itself. I think he'd be a great puller and trapper.

Morse can't stay healthy and while he'd be very good in the passing game, he's just not the bulldozer type in the ground game.

Plus, people (me included) have been saying since he was drafted in 2015, that he'd be a guard.

So far, no go.

Plus, I don't trust him to be a 16 game starter, let alone, 19 game starter.

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2018, 02:21 PM
Offensive line lately has been seemingly the best position to spend big on in FA. Oakland turned their line into a top 3 unit using basically only FA, although they took a step back as a unit this year.

That's because they signed a few old guys.

Spain and Nowell are 27 and 26, respectively.

RunKC
01-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Why not?

The Chiefs can give him a nice signing bonus and backload his contract. Houston will be coming off the books very soon, so it would be very doable.

I just think they need to stop ****ing around with late rounders, trades and UDFA's and get a mother****er that's going to be a badass for 4 years.

Houston off the books soon? Ugh fuck me man we have zero pass rush.

We need to do everything possible to get at least 1 pass rusher this offseason. Dorsey failed us there big time.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 02:28 PM
Ultimately couldnt care less whether its a draftee or a vet, but guard absolutely needs an upgrade because I am not convinced that Morse is a 16 game starter at any spot along the line... its always something with him at center, why would it be any different at guard?

But he is an easy, obvious choice to back up Fulton

They could go get Norwell, or Spain, or whoever and that'd be fine... a known quantity who can be relied on to step right in

I'd also be fine using a 3rd, or yes even one of our two presumed 2nds, to upgrade there... giving us a young stud on the cheap

edit* top sentence looks like I totally plagiarized Dane, but that isnt the case, didnt even see his post until about 30 seconds ago... we apparently just share the same view on Morse

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 02:28 PM
I expect Houston to be better next year, 2 years removed from his injury. He's got a big offseason here ahead. Needs to attack it like a contract year.

The only thing that holds him back from a huge year is Sutton IMO.

BryanBusby
01-13-2018, 02:30 PM
Right, but they can't cut him now or if he's injured heading into the year.
Well no, but he should be fine to be cleared and released before his money is fully guaranteed.

Nothing more than a guess as I am certainly not his dr, but I think he would have landed on the IR a lot earlier if the back were serious. I'd guess he's gone by OTA's.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 02:38 PM
As for Ford, of course we'd all like to upgrade, but there is an x-factor here that I havent seen brought up... he will be in a contract year, so if he was ever going to ball out, it'll be in 2018

Its something to keep in mind, and be hopeful about *shrug*

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 02:46 PM
As for Ford, of course we'd all like to upgrade, but there is an x-factor here that I havent seen brought up... he will be in a contract year, so if he was ever going to ball out, it'll be in 2018

Its something to keep in mind, and be hopeful about *shrug*

His biggest issues are durability and run defense. He needs to get a lot stronger this offseason, which he may or may not be able to with his injury.

Wouldn't be shocked if he racked up 6-10 sacks, but can we rely on him to hold the edge?:hmmm:

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 02:49 PM
... can we rely on him to hold the edge?:hmmm:

I'm afraid we're gonna find out, but I'll feel much better about it if we draft or sign some young phenom

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 02:54 PM
I'm afraid we're gonna find out, but I'll feel much better about it if we draft or sign some young phenom

We also can't forget KPass in this whole equation. I think he legitimately could become a complete OLB, but have we saw enough to put our eggs in that basket? I'm not sure there either.

I'd say that position, along with CB are the top priorities.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 02:58 PM
We also can't forget KPass in this whole equation. I think he legitimately could become a complete OLB, but have we saw enough to put our eggs in that basket? I'm not sure there either.

I'd say that position, along with CB are the top priorities.

Kpass and a draftee or solid free agent definitely makes things look much more palatable

DL, OLB, CB - Veach will surely have enough resources to address those spots

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Kpass and a draftee or solid free agent definitely makes things look much more palatable

DL, OLB, CB - Veach will surely have enough resources to address those spots

He should be looking to add 2 capable corners, if not more. I'd be okay with keeping Mitchell as a 4th CB. That position just has to be a strength in today's NFL.

O.city
01-13-2018, 03:05 PM
His biggest issues are durability and run defense. He needs to get a lot stronger this offseason, which he may or may not be able to with his injury.

Wouldn't be shocked if he racked up 6-10 sacks, but can we rely on him to hold the edge?:hmmm:

Probably not, I'd imagine at this point he is what he is.

But, if he can give you 10 sacks, I'd say thats money well spent. Take your comp pick and move on.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 03:15 PM
He should be looking to add 2 capable corners, if not more. I'd be okay with keeping Mitchell as a 4th CB. That position just has to be a strength in today's NFL.

Would love to see Malcolm Butler as one of those two, just not sure if thats feasible given what he'll command

I'm excited to see Veach at work, the early returns have been solid

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 03:16 PM
Would love to see Malcolm Butler as one of those two, just not sure if thats feasible given what he'll command

I'm excited to see Veach at work, the early returns have been solid

I expect him to be very aggressive with his moves as a young guy looking to leave his mark. That showed with the trades he made. Hopefully he isn't aggressive to a fault, but I won't be surprised if he goes after Butler hard.

O.city
01-13-2018, 03:16 PM
You've got a big $ safety in Berry, and you're gonna have to pay Peters a fuck ton of $ as well.

You probably aren't bringing in a big name corner opposite Peters. Need to hit a mid round free agent or a draft pick.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 03:18 PM
Didn't realize that Butler was already turning 28 in March. He may not have many more prime years left in the tank.

He was 24 years old as a rookie.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Question for the draft gurus... anyone in this draft worth trading our two seconds for a first in order to move up for?

Or is that plain old crazy talk?

O.city
01-13-2018, 03:24 PM
Question for the draft gurus... is there anyone in this draft worth trading our two seconds for a first in order to move up for?

Eh, if they end up with 2 2nds and they'd like to have the 5th year option, maybe.

I wouldn't in that I'm ok trading up for a Qb but other than that, give me more darts to throw at the board.

In the end, it's a guessing game. More guesses = higher probability of hitting.

BryanBusby
01-13-2018, 03:26 PM
Question for the draft gurus... anyone in this draft worth trading our two seconds for a first in order to move up for?

They need to stay where they are and just pluck dudes off the board. If anything, I'd prefer two 2nds over a late first for Alex Smith.

So many needs and honestly I don't think the talent dip is all that severe from late first to bottom half 2nd.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 03:29 PM
They need to stay where they are and just pluck dudes off the board. If anything, I'd prefer two 2nds over a late first.

So many needs and honestly I don't think the talent dip is all that severe from late first to bottom half 2nd.

Honestly, thats my thought as well... but I'm not the draftnik some of you other guys are, was just curious if there was some generational type stud who'd be worth it

That Notre Dame guard sounds like one, but even as bad as I want a new LG, thats not a move I'd make even for him

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 03:30 PM
They need to stay where they are and just pluck dudes off the board. If anything, I'd prefer two 2nds over a late first for Alex Smith.

If a team gives us two 2018 2nds, that'd give us 3 total in that round and we'd be set up to really grab some starters. But if no team is offering multiple 2nds but say JAX or BUF are offering a 1st, that'd be nice too.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 03:31 PM
Eh, if they end up with 2 2nds and they'd like to have the 5th year option, maybe.

I wouldn't in that I'm ok trading up for a Qb but other than that, give me more darts to throw at the board.

In the end, it's a guessing game. More guesses = higher probability of hitting.

I concur

BryanBusby
01-13-2018, 03:32 PM
Honestly, thats my thought as well... but I'm not the draftnik some of you other guys are, was just curious if there was some generational type stud who'd be worth it

That Notre Dame guard sounds like one, but even as bad as I want a new LG, thats not a move I'd make even for him
Nelson will be a top 10 choice, which isn't realistic at all for KC. There are some good options for LG on Friday though.

I think in an ideal world, they could pull the Texans 2nd round pick and later 2nd rounder for Alex.

O.city
01-13-2018, 03:33 PM
Nelson will be a top 10 choice, which isn't realistic at all for KC. There are some good options for LG on Friday though.

I think in an ideal world, they could pull the Texans 2nd round pick and later 2nd rounder for Alex.

I think someone ends up giving up a first. Seems the NFL doesn't value this offseason QB choices like some seem to.

I dunno, interested to see how it plays out.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 03:37 PM
I think someone ends up giving up a first. Seems the NFL doesn't value this offseason QB choices like some seem to.

The Jaguars are crazy if they don't offer their first for Smith if that's what it takes. That is the one team that might be able to carry him all the way, which is evidenced by what they do with Bortles.

They need to strike at the QB position and fast.

O.city
01-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Maybe the Jags do it. I've kind of got my eye on the Cardinals but it will depend on who they end up hiring as the HC.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 03:42 PM
Maybe the Jags do it. I've kind of got my eye on the Cardinals but it will depend on who they end up hiring as the HC.

Cards pick 15th. That might be too rich to give up but I'd love if they did it.

BryanBusby
01-13-2018, 03:49 PM

They might get a first round offer, but personally I'd favor 2 seconds over a first and a day 3 pick. Day 2 is going to have tremendous value this year.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 03:49 PM
The Jaguars are crazy if they don't offer their first for Smith if that's what it takes. That is the one team that might be able to carry him all the way, which is evidenced by what they do with Bortles.

They need to strike at the QB position and fast.

Every word here is true, but a 1st will be a bridge too fare even for them IMO

Gimme a 2nd, a 4th... and we'll call it good

RunKC
01-13-2018, 03:57 PM

I agree. Even if they got a 1st I would still trade down unless some player that would have went in the top 15 falls.

NJChiefsFan
01-13-2018, 04:26 PM
You've got a big $ safety in Berry, and you're gonna have to pay Peters a **** ton of $ as well.

You probably aren't bringing in a big name corner opposite Peters. Need to hit a mid round free agent or a draft pick.

I agree. We don't need to shutdown corners. If we can find a corner that can handle the pressure of being thrown at all game that would be fine.

Or perhaps we can let Peters actually follow people and take even more pressure off of the #2 corner.

O.city
01-13-2018, 04:31 PM
They might get a first round offer, but personally I'd favor 2 seconds over a first and a day 3 pick. Day 2 is going to have tremendous value this year.

If it’s multiple seconds this year, maybe

If it’s a 2nd with a conditional vs a first I’d take the first simply for the 5th year option

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2018, 04:36 PM
If it’s multiple seconds this year, maybe

If it’s a 2nd with a conditional vs a first I’d take the first simply for the 5th year option

I'm not passing up on a 2018 1st unless you are getting multiple 2018 2nds. Maybe a 2018 2nd and 2018 high 3rd as well.

BryanBusby
01-13-2018, 04:37 PM
Option year is valuable, but they have too many holes and should value pick quantity more right now.

SuperBowl4
01-13-2018, 11:31 PM
Bring back Jamal Charles

Chief Roundup
01-13-2018, 11:45 PM
Bring back Jamal Charles

Fuck NO

Chief Roundup
01-13-2018, 11:54 PM
Option year is valuable, but they have too many holes and should value pick quantity more right now.

I would rather have an immediate impact player.

SuperBowl4
01-13-2018, 11:56 PM
**** NOBring Back Dontari Poe

Chief Roundup
01-13-2018, 11:59 PM
Bring Back Dontari Poe

Fuck NO

Couch-Potato
01-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Landry not happy with contract negotiations with Dolphins...again. Not our biggest need by a mile, but he'd be a solid addition.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22133290/jarvis-landry-says-contract-talks-miami-dolphins-show-ugly-side-nfl

The Franchise
01-18-2018, 11:08 AM
Landry not happy with contract negotiations with Dolphins...again. Not our biggest need by a mile, but he'd be a solid addition.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22133290/jarvis-landry-says-contract-talks-miami-dolphins-show-ugly-side-nfl

Not at what it would cost.

Couch-Potato
01-18-2018, 07:54 PM

What do you think the cost would be?

thabear04
01-18-2018, 08:02 PM

Wouldn't want him after what he did to Darelle Revis trying to hurt his wrist the one he got surgery on.

Sassy Squatch
01-18-2018, 08:18 PM
What do you think the cost would be?
Looks like he's wanting what Adams of Green Bay got. 4 years, 58 Million with 32 guaranteed.

RunKC
01-22-2018, 09:14 AM

In Dee Ford’s 6 games this year, the Chiefs had 18 sacks averaging 3 a game. Without Dee Ford in 10 games, the Chiefs has 13 sacks averaging 1.3 a game.

Unless his back is ****ed, it would be utterly retarded to let this man go.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-25-2018, 08:12 PM
https://twitter.com/pff/status/956697204206571520

Per PFF, Andrew Norwell went the 4th-most snaps without allowing a hit or sack of any guard since 2007.

I'd love to grab this guy. Of course, the draft seems to have some pretty good options at guard too but I don't know if we'll want to use an early pick there.

Chief Northman
01-25-2018, 08:50 PM

Productive, but DIVA.

Peters would not approve. Room only for one on the Chiefs....

Easy 6
01-25-2018, 09:31 PM

Pesty, gimme the 1 top defensive free agent we can reasonably get our hands on

Norwell seems an obvious offensive choice, are their any defensive players? It really does look like a garbage and/or overpriced group on that side of the ball so far (camp cuts could change the equation of course)

You get one defensive choice, and bear the salary cap in mind... go!

The Franchise
01-26-2018, 10:01 AM
Pesty, gimme the 1 top defensive free agent we can reasonably get our hands on

Norwell seems an obvious offensive choice, are their any defensive players? It really does look like a garbage and/or overpriced group on that side of the ball so far (camp cuts could change the equation of course)

You get one defensive choice, and bear the salary cap in mind... go!

One top defensive free agent? Rashaan Melvin, CB from the Colts.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TQ8VX41lwLQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TambaBerry
01-26-2018, 10:14 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TQ8VX41lwLQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yes please, this is the type of defensive players i like

Easy 6
01-26-2018, 10:18 AM

6'2 195, ran a 4.42 at the combine and is coming off a career year... I'll take that deal every time

BossChief
01-26-2018, 05:24 PM
Sign Norwell
Trade Alex to Jax for Dareus
Sign Talib (once released)

Sassy Squatch
01-31-2018, 06:35 AM
So now what's the plan? Go and get a top CB like Melvin or Butler to really fortify the secondary or spend all the money on front 7?

staylor26
01-31-2018, 06:55 AM
So now what's the plan? Go and get a top CB like Melvin or Butler to really fortify the secondary or spend all the money on front 7?

Use free agency to finally fill that LG spot and go all defense on day 2 of the draft.

Sassy Squatch
01-31-2018, 06:59 AM
Use free agency to finally fill that LG spot and go all defense on day 2 of the draft.
Pat Mahomes made our backup linemen look serviceable at Denver. If its Norwell, then sure but any big $ spent on the offense should be for a bona fide WR.

RunKC
01-31-2018, 07:35 AM
Veach did this the right way. Premier talent on a rookie deal. Now we have more money to play with for other needs and Revis is expendable.

WhawhaWhat
01-31-2018, 09:38 AM
Not saying all of them but FA targets:

Barkevious Mingo
Sheldon Richardson
DaQuan Jones, if he's healthy.
Tavon Wilson, if he's healthy.

Sassy Squatch
01-31-2018, 02:14 PM
Anyone like the idea of trying to trade for and rehabbing John Ross? Marvin Lewis seemed to have no use for him all year.

staylor26
01-31-2018, 02:36 PM
Anyone like the idea of trying to trade for and rehabbing John Ross? Marvin Lewis seemed to have no use for him all year.

I highly doubt they give up on him this early, but I’d definitely be up for it.

Sassy Squatch
01-31-2018, 02:39 PM
I highly doubt they give up on him this early, but I’d definitely be up for it.
The whole premise of the idea is based on the fact that Marvin Lewis is an idiot.

raybec 4
01-31-2018, 02:43 PM
Pat Mahomes made our backup linemen look serviceable at Denver. If its Norwell, then sure but any big $ spent on the offense should be for a bona fide WR.

We have the best trio of weapons in the AFC adding Mahomes is going to make them much more dangerous deep. Spend on Defense or OG IMO

raybec 4
01-31-2018, 02:45 PM
Not saying all of them but FA targets:

Barkevious Mingo
Sheldon Richardson
DaQuan Jones, if he's healthy.
Tavon Wilson, if he's healthy.

Mingo has recorded 9 sacks in 5 years, I'll pass on him but I'd take Sheldon or Jones

Hoover
01-31-2018, 03:14 PM
Who is going to pla NT? Isn't that now our biggest hole?

KChiefs1
01-31-2018, 06:06 PM
https://twitter.com/pff/status/956697204206571520

Per PFF, Andrew Norwell went the 4th-most snaps without allowing a hit or sack of any guard since 2007.

I'd love to grab this guy. Of course, the draft seems to have some pretty good options at guard too but I don't know if we'll want to use an early pick there.

He's my #1 FA signing.

thegame214
02-11-2018, 09:32 AM
Junior Galette to KC has been talked about for a couple weeks as possible spots and he tweeted a gif of Andy, as well as this this morning

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That Gif ������ <a href="https://t.co/RBVAq4BB3q">https://t.co/RBVAq4BB3q</a></p>&mdash; Junior Galette (@JovaisG) <a href="https://twitter.com/JovaisG/status/962710017886642177?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Red Dawg
02-11-2018, 10:18 AM
Junior is almost 30. If he came cheap Veech may try it.

thegame214
02-11-2018, 10:25 AM

Yeah he just posted Andy, posted Chris Jones gif, liked comment about beating beating Phi and NE, just seemed like a trend and we could def use him

Chief Northman
02-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Junior’s production fell off a cliff this past season. Would have to be cheap, but sadly not a lot of great pass rush options in FA nor the draft considering the Chiefs lack of draft capital.

There may be some upgrades for the DL however. Solid run stoppers and NT types available in the draft, and Richardson along with a likely release of Wilkerson are pass rush options from the DL position. The aforementioned will cost a lot however and there is buyer beware with the character concerns. I would not be opposed to Poe returning either....

RealSNR
02-11-2018, 10:53 AM
That Junior Galette thing makes me wonder how many Redskins free agents are ultra pissed about the Fuller thing and want to join him in KC.

Yeah, probably zero, since they'll go where there's money, but still. Anybody on here catch your eye? Note: The number next to the player's position is their age.

Kirk Cousins QB 29 WAS TBD $23,943,600 UFA Market Value
Terrelle Pryor WR 28 WAS TBD $6,000,000 UFA -
Shawn Lauvao G 30 WAS TBD $4,250,000 UFA -
DeAngelo Hall CB 34 WAS TBD $4,250,000 UFA -
Zach Brown ILB 28 WAS TBD $2,300,000 UFA -
Niles Paul TE 28 WAS TBD $2,000,000 UFA -
Will Compton ILB 28 WAS TBD $1,797,000 UFA -
Trent Murphy OLB 27 WAS TBD $1,118,200 UFA -
Arthur Jones DT 31 WAS TBD $900,000 UFA -
Chris Carter ILB 28 WAS TBD $885,000 UFA -
Brian Quick WR 28 WAS TBD $855,000 UFA -
Junior Galette OLB 29 WAS TBD $800,000 UFA -
Tony Bergstrom C 31 WAS TBD $775,000 UFA -
Phil Taylor DT 29 WAS TBD $775,000 UFA -
Spencer Long C 27 WAS TBD $715,950 UFA -
Bashaud Breeland CB 26 WAS TBD $676,500 UFA Market Value
Ryan Grant WR 27 WAS TBD $608,403 UFA -
Dustin Hopkins
Montori Hughes

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2018, 11:00 AM

He had Achilles surgery in 2015 and 2016, with only 3 sacks last year and 14 tackles.

I don't think that Veach is clamoring for 30 year old broke dicks but if he does sign Galette, it won't be for a penny more than Vet Minimum.

staylor26
02-11-2018, 11:18 AM
Murphy, Brown, and Breeland are all intriguing

thegame214
02-11-2018, 12:35 PM
He had Achilles surgery in 2015 and 2016, with only 3 sacks last year and 14 tackles.

I don't think that Veach is clamoring for 30 year old broke dicks but if he does sign Galette, it won't be for a penny more than Vet Minimum.

I hear you, but you should check out some of his analysis by Seth. I know "almost" sacks aren't sacks, but he was pretty disruptive

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Been watching a little Junior Galette for the FA 2.0 article. I think he&#39;s a guy who could help the pass rush without breaking the bank. Got lost in the shuffle a bit in WAS, but has some variety of moves and solid burst/quickness. <a href="https://t.co/9fMba9goUQ">pic.twitter.com/9fMba9goUQ</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/960584692805328898?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dunerdr
02-11-2018, 12:43 PM
galette looks to be hali of 2016 a lot of almost there not enough actually there. for the right price hed be a nice pick up. id almost rather gamble on upside. in a perfect world id sign him reasonably try to make a quick low cost trade on a guy like aaron lynch who as mentioned earlier was displaced due to a changing scheme. maybe attack that olb position like the ilb position where veach got ragland via trade, kpl via, trade, and we still drafted eligwe. get lynch and/or galette as insurance for tanoh and dadi. then rotate them all until someone emerges.

The Franchise
02-11-2018, 12:58 PM
That Junior Galette thing makes me wonder how many Redskins free agents are ultra pissed about the Fuller thing and want to join him in KC.

Yeah, probably zero, since they'll go where there's money, but still. Anybody on here catch your eye? Note: The number next to the player's position is their age.

Dustin Hopkins
Montori Hughes

Brown or Breeland would be nice.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-11-2018, 01:05 PM
You look at a guy like Galette if you can get him for a 1 or 2 year deal. Why? Because he’s not Frank Zombo and he’s got a chance to be better than anyone outside of Houston in the short term.

Not to mention it could allow for a better rotation up front.

thegame214
02-11-2018, 01:09 PM
You look at a guy like Galette if you can get him for a 1 or 2 year deal. Why? Because he’s not Frank Zombo and he’s got a chance to be better than anyone outside of Houston in the short term.

Not to mention it could allow for a better rotation up front.

Anytime I read the name Frank Zombo I literally cringe

kccrow
02-11-2018, 04:57 PM
Dustin Hopkins
Montori Hughes

I'd have to say Breeland, Brown, Grant, and Murphy are the one's that stand out. I don't know that you go after Breeland if you intend to start Fuller on the outside. Brown would definitely be of some use, but he's never called the defense. Grant is a solid receiver that I think you'd consider if you don't re-sign Albert Wilson, as they'd assume a similar role. Murphy was developing into a good pass rusher, with 9 sacks in 2016, but tore his ACL so you'd have to monitor that, but also his price tag.

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2018, 05:14 PM
I'd have to say Breeland, Brown, Grant, and Murphy are the one's that stand out.

Breeland will be far too expensive for the Chiefs and in the next two years, they'll need to pony up for Peters and Fuller (and Nelson).

Grant will turn 28 during the season and I don't know what he'd bring that Chris Conley, Jehu Chesson and maybe even Marcus Kemp can't bring to this offense. I suppose that if he's signed, that will be the end of Demarcus Robinson but IMO, they can draft a guy late that can take his place.

Zach Brown will be 29 during the season, which goes against the Veach philosophy of getting younger but I'd imagine that he'd want to go somewhere that would offer him more than a one year, stop gap deal.

farmerchief
02-11-2018, 06:40 PM

Dustin Hopkins
Montori Hughes

I don't think the Chiefs could legitimaly be a player for any of them, that is over $900,000?:hmmm:

BossChief
02-11-2018, 10:18 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757945-the-prize-target-for-every-nfl-team-in-free-agency

After clearing up some cap space with the trade of former starting quarterback Alex Smith, the Kansas City Chiefs have some options. If they want to go further and drop some aging veterans, such as Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali and Darrelle Revis, they will have more than $22 million in cap space, according to Spotrac.

That type of freedom could lead to them going full 2016 New York Giants or 2014 Denver Broncos, when those teams invested highly in a third cornerback. With Marcus Peters and now Kendall Fuller (a slot cornerback acquired via the Smith trade) on the team, they would only need one more solid cornerback, likely an outside corner, to completely suffocate teams in the secondary.

Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib has openly brought up the fact Denver could release him this offseason. His cap hit of $12 million, with just a dead cap figure of $1 million, makes that easy for the Broncos to do, if they want to. The question is, why would they want to throw away a cornerback who has made five straight Pro Bowls?

The answer almost certainly has to be Kirk Cousins, the quarterback whose sweepstakes we've been waiting on for nearly three full years at this point.

If Talib is "done wrong" by Denver for a quarterback, it would be interesting to see if the Chiefs, an AFC West rival, could land his services in what would quickly become one of the best cornerback rooms in the NFL.

MotherfuckerJones
02-11-2018, 10:29 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757945-the-prize-target-for-every-nfl-team-in-free-agency

After clearing up some cap space with the trade of former starting quarterback Alex Smith, the Kansas City Chiefs have some options. If they want to go further and drop some aging veterans, such as Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali and Darrelle Revis, they will have more than $22 million in cap space, according to Spotrac.

That type of freedom could lead to them going full 2016 New York Giants or 2014 Denver Broncos, when those teams invested highly in a third cornerback. With Marcus Peters and now Kendall Fuller (a slot cornerback acquired via the Smith trade) on the team, they would only need one more solid cornerback, likely an outside corner, to completely suffocate teams in the secondary.

Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib has openly brought up the fact Denver could release him this offseason. His cap hit of $12 million, with just a dead cap figure of $1 million, makes that easy for the Broncos to do, if they want to. The question is, why would they want to throw away a cornerback who has made five straight Pro Bowls?

The answer almost certainly has to be Kirk Cousins, the quarterback whose sweepstakes we've been waiting on for nearly three full years at this point.

If Talib is "done wrong" by Denver for a quarterback, it would be interesting to see if the Chiefs, an AFC West rival, could land his services in what would quickly become one of the best cornerback rooms in the NFL.

Wouldn’t that piss off our Denver faithful.

KChiefs1
02-11-2018, 10:46 PM

Talib is a pos but I’d sign him for a couple of years just to piss off the Donks and the Raider games would be fun.

Toad
02-12-2018, 10:44 AM
Who is going to pla NT? Isn't that now our biggest hole?

Huge hole...

RunKC
02-12-2018, 11:59 AM
I wouldn’t spend too much money if I was Veach.

Marcus Peters
Kendall Fuller
Chris Jones
Tyreek Hill

Gotta have money to start getting these contracts knocked out a year from now.

DaneMcCloud
02-12-2018, 12:06 PM
I wouldn’t spend too much money if I was Veach.

Marcus Peters
Kendall Fuller
Chris Jones
Tyreek Hill

Gotta have money to start getting these contracts knocked out a year from now.

As of today, the Chiefs are $75 million under the cap in 2019 and that number will likely grow after Hali, DJ, Sorensen, et al, are released.

Peters can play on his 5th year option in 2019, while Fuller, Jones and Hill will only be RFA's after the 2019 season. I'm not saying that Veach shouldn't consider extending some of those guys after the 2018 season but there's time to make further evaluations.

I'd like to see Chris Jones play a 16 game season (and the postseason) without suffering any injuries before giving him a huge contract.

Hoover
02-12-2018, 12:09 PM
As of today, the Chiefs are $75 million under the cap in 2019 and that number will likely grow after Hali, DJ, Sorensen, et al, are released.

Peters can play on his 5th year option in 2019, while Fuller, Jones and Hill will only be RFA's after the 2019 season. I'm not saying that Veach shouldn't consider extending some of those guys after the 2018 season but there's time to make further evaluations.

I'd like to see Chris Jones play a 16 game season (and the postseason) without suffering any injuries before giving him a huge contract.
Exactly. You give a guy like Talib a short term contract. We can afford to spend money on a guy like that in 2018 and 2019. After that, probably not.

DaneMcCloud
02-12-2018, 12:18 PM
A guy I'd kick the tires on would be Shaq Barrett. He's 25, had 4 sacks last year and would add an overall layer of insurance as the ROLB and LOLB positions.

I don't watch the Broncos, except when they've faced the Chiefs, and Barrett's been a factor in the pass rush the past several seasons.

RunKC
02-12-2018, 12:33 PM

That’s true, and a lot of this will depend on what they think of Morse, Conley, Wilson and Fulton.

Its going to cost a fortune to keep these young guys. Peters, Tyreek and in 2 years Hunt might be extended. It’s time to shift the paradigm of the team. DJ /Tamba are done and Houston/Berry are the new DJ/Tamba of the last few years. Their time is coming.