PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith voted Chiefs MVP

Quesadilla Joe
01-10-2018, 11:06 AM
Well deserved.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alex Smith has been named Chiefs MVP and Kareem Hunt the team&#39;s rookie of the year. The awards are voted on by the players. <a href="https://t.co/5VnYpzoqQm">https://t.co/5VnYpzoqQm</a></p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/951123614077734913?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Incoming CP meltdown

Alex deserves it. He's been durable and improved on his weaknesses. Would be nice to see what this team can do with Ware and Conley for a full season.

Fish
Good for him. His new team should be proud.

Rain Man
History and the happenstance of the calendar screwed Butker out of both of these awards.

MIAdragon
Thanks, collect your prize on the way out.

oldman
01-10-2018, 11:08 AM
It's rigged!!!!

O.city
01-10-2018, 11:08 AM
Cool?

OKchiefs
01-10-2018, 11:09 AM
Incoming CP meltdown

Alex deserves it. He's been durable and improved on his weaknesses. Would be nice to see what this team can do with Ware and Conley for a full season.

Why a meltdown? Good for him. He's still playing for a different team next year.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-10-2018, 11:09 AM
Alex all I do is not regress Smith

TLO
01-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Well deserved

MIAdragon
01-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Alex all I do is not regress Smith

Or win a playoff game.

Ming the Merciless
01-10-2018, 11:14 AM
he had a good season for him

probably the best one he has had or will ever have

congrats MVP smith

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Yay.

Tribal Warfare
01-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Trade value is mother****ing going to skyrocket

tatorhog
01-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Sounds like a solid used-car sales gimmick to get a few extra bucks out of someone really needing a car.

This old Grand Am may not win a lot of races, but it will start every time, won't misfire, and will occasionally squeek the tires if you get everything set up just right.

BigCatDaddy
01-10-2018, 11:20 AM
A fine parting gift. May your name ever be linked with Derrick Alexander and Glenn Parker as Chief MVP's

Ragged Robin
01-10-2018, 11:22 AM
Sounds like a solid user-car sales gimmick to get a few extra bucks out of someone really needing a car.

This old Grand Am may not win a lot of races, but it will start every time, won't misfire, and will occasionally squeek the tires if you get everything set up just right.

yes it must be a conspiracy that the front office forced all the players to vote for Smith in order for them to get better trade value

Hammock Parties
01-10-2018, 11:23 AM
Meaty Vaginal Pissflap

Chiefnj2
Good for him he had a career year.

Unfortunately for him a career year isn't good enough to carry a very flawed team. KC needs someone better, hopefully it's Mahomes.

tatorhog
yes it must be a conspiracy that the front office forced all the players to vote for Smith in order for them to get better trade value

well...duh

hitchief
01-10-2018, 11:25 AM
well deserved and like I've said he was also the our best player on the field for that playoff loss and its not even close.

Jacksonville should go all out to get him after Bortles has another meltdown this coming weekend. They are so ready to win now and he fits the bill (2 second round picks or a 2 and a 3 are easily reasonable and they don't have many needs to fill).

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2018, 11:26 AM
It's the Derek Jeter gift bag for his one night stands. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

cron912
01-10-2018, 11:28 AM
Bob Sutton was voted LVP

Hammock Parties
01-10-2018, 11:29 AM
Steve DeBerg won it, too. LMAO

AND BILL KENNEY

ILChief
01-10-2018, 11:32 AM
Nice parting gift

KCFalcon59
01-10-2018, 11:36 AM
well deserved and like I've said he was also the our best player on the field for the first half of our playoff loss and its not even close.

Jacksonville should go all out to get him after Bortles has another meltdown this coming weekend. They are so ready to win now and he fits the bill (2 second round picks or a 2 and a 3 are easily reasonable and they don't have many needs to fill).

FIFY

ChiTown
01-10-2018, 11:44 AM
On this year's team, that's like a trophy for the Smartest Retard. Grats..........

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-10-2018, 11:53 AM
That'll cost his new team an extra 3rd rounder

In58men
01-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Smart decision by Chiefs. Hype him up for the trade.

BigCatDaddy
01-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Sounds like a solid used-car sales gimmick to get a few extra bucks out of someone really needing a car.

LMAO

ptlyon
01-10-2018, 11:58 AM
Andy Reid just wanted the Team MVP parking spot for himself

PHOG
01-10-2018, 11:59 AM
:clap: Congrats. 'Bye.

Brooklyn
01-10-2018, 11:59 AM
MVP on an automatic bid, one and done team from a shitty division. Bravo.

crayzkirk
01-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Participation trophy accepted... Sorry the referees got the call wrong, again, again, again, again.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2018, 12:06 PM

Yeah. Leading the NFL in rating (beating out Bree's and Brady who finished 2/3) was ok. For Alex anyway.

BigCatDaddy
01-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Yeah. Leading the NFL in rating (beating out Bree's and Brady who finished 2/3) was ok. For Alex anyway.

So you think he is better than those 2, huh? I disagree on that one.

Prison Bitch
01-10-2018, 12:14 PM
So you think he is better than those 2, huh? I disagree on that one.

It was a good season, for Alex anyway.

Fish
01-10-2018, 12:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/tCMwD0i.jpg

Best22
01-10-2018, 12:20 PM
I felt he was the clear team MVP all season...

Playoff game convinced me that Kelce was the real MVP

BigCatDaddy
01-10-2018, 12:25 PM
It was a good season, for Alex anyway.

Agreed. He was 8th and 9th in passing and TDs. Of course you had Watson and Rodgers get injured so it's all relative but for sure a good season by a** 11 normal standards

lcarus
01-10-2018, 12:30 PM
Well at least he won the team MVP award since he totally pissed away ANY shot at winning the league MVP.

bobbything
01-10-2018, 12:49 PM
Statistically, he had a great year, overall. Would have been even better if he wasn't one of the worst QBs in the league in the red zone.

Ming the Merciless
01-10-2018, 12:59 PM

If your definition of a good season rests solely on QBR then sure.

My definition of a great season includes things like winning playoff games...getting homefield advantage etc.

He had his best season ever. But his best season ever is still short of great, to me. Hes not and never was going to bring GREATNESS to the Chiefs. I dgaf what his QBR is, honestly

carcosa
01-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Statistically, he had a great year, overall. Would have been even better if he wasn't one of the worst QBs in the league in the red zone.

He was setting up the REAL MVP, Harrison Butker!!!

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2018, 01:01 PM
I felt he was the clear team MVP all season...

Playoff game convinced me that Kelce was the real MVP

The playoff game convinced me that Alex wasn't even close to the MVP, and was totally dependent on his surrounding cast as usual.

Kelce, Hill, and Hunt were all far more valuable IMO.

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 01:09 PM
The playoff game convinced me that Alex wasn't even close to the MVP, and was totally dependent on his surrounding cast as usual.

Kelce, Hill, and Hunt were all far more valuable IMO.

Yet he went to Robinson on that 2 minute drill numerous times to score a TD. GTFOH

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bo5o32sNABE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dls6501
01-10-2018, 01:09 PM
Incoming CP meltdown

He improved on A weakness he had.....long ball attempts and completions.

What he didnt improve on was:

pocket prescence
3rd down conversions
red zone play
field vision
end of game play
tight window attempts/completions

Good statistical season from Alex. Best of his career. But those of us who analyze his game know his season was no where near as good as the numbers. Too many late game fails.

Shag
01-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Players realized they could up his trade value to help the team next season. Well played.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Yet he went to Robinson on that 2 minute drill numerous times to score a TD. GTFOH

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bo5o32sNABE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And after that, when halftime adjustments were made....

*crickets*

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 01:17 PM
And after that, when halftime adjustments were made....

*crickets*

Yup, crickets on the offensive and defensive playcalling/adjustments on KCs side of the field.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2018, 01:22 PM
Yup, crickets on the offensive and defensive playcalling/adjustments on KCs side of the field.

You know, you're right... who am I to think we could ever advance in the playoffs without things being perfect for Alex Smith. Shame on those coaches for not getting his receivers wide open every time.

BigCatDaddy
01-10-2018, 01:23 PM
https://youtu.be/fqmlffA9U9s

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Token gesture for a guy on his way out

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 01:25 PM
You know, you're right... who am I to think we could ever advance in the playoffs without things being perfect for Alex Smith. Shame on those coaches for not getting his receivers wide open every time.

Oh they were open and blanketed but dropped passes that NFL players should catch.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2018, 01:25 PM
You Alex only guys make the argument for the rest of us... it all comes back to the fact that every little thing wasn't perfect enough around Alex Smith. Every single year. Injuries, play calling, defense, etc... it all has to be just right for the guy.

Which is never, ever going to happen in the NFL.

hitchief
01-10-2018, 01:30 PM
He improved on A weakness he had.....long ball attempts and completions.

What he didnt improve on was:

pocket prescence
3rd down conversions
red zone play
field vision
end of game play
tight window attempts/completions

Good statistical season from Alex. Best of his career. But those of us who analyze his game know his season was no where near as good as the numbers. Too many late game fails.

Kidding right, somehow lead the NFL in passer rating but no good in anything you list? NFL has nothing on you.

I can use the last game as an example. He was the best player the Chief's had (except maybe Kelce but then someone had to make the throws to him, no?)

So on the last drive "end of game play" we have an example of Alex doing what you say he didn't or couldn't. Made a great throw to Wilson "tight window" that alligator arms dropped/didn't catch. Wilson saw that FS and as always didn't give a 100% or just miss timed his jump (if you can call it a jump) on the play cause he would have been hit. Bye the way, he had "pocket presence" on that play as well as he stepped into that throw with a free pass rusher coming right at him.

Its a team game and if freaking Wilson makes a great catch he and Alex are hero's but that's football. I hope Wilson is gone from this team cause when it counts in the future, he's gonna pull the same bullcrap with Pat.

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 01:31 PM
You Alex only guys make the argument for the rest of us... it all comes back to the fact that every little thing wasn't perfect enough around Alex Smith. Every single year. Injuries, play calling, defense, etc... it all has to be just right for the guy.

Don't be mad that I shut your post down by giving you facts instead of some made up bullshit. You said he couldn't get it done without Kelce, Hill, Hunt blah blah blah. I showed you that he did. Now you're saying things weren't perfect?

Did Butker need everything to be perfect for him to make the fg?
Did Hill need all of those passes he dropped to be perfect?
Did Charles?
Did Wilson?
Did the defense need the wind to blow perfectly so that they could stop the Titans?

Like I said. GTFOH because I just shut you down again.

BlackHelicopters
01-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Good??????????

Ming the Merciless
01-10-2018, 01:34 PM
jenkinsLOSES

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2018, 01:36 PM
Don't be mad that I shut your post down by giving you facts instead of some made up bullshit. You said he couldn't get it done without Kelce, Hill, Hunt blah blah blah. I showed you that he did. Now you're saying things weren't perfect?

Did Butker need everything to be perfect for him to make the fg?
Did Hill need all of those passes he dropped to be perfect?
Did Charles?
Did Wilson?
Did the defense need the wind to blow perfectly so that they could stop the Titans?

Like I said. GTFOH because I just shut you down again.

You haven't shut shit down, moron. How about 7 years worth of evidence that Alex Smith needs one of the most talented rosters in the league to be competent? It's undeniable.

The offense could barely muster a first down in the 2nd half, and Smith reverted to cuck mode, refusing to make simple throws that you have to at least attempt in the playoffs. I guarantee you that had Alex not shit down his leg for the entirety of the half and just executed the basic throws he should have, no one is saying a word about him today. Mostly because we'd be preparing to play the Patriots.

It was a team loss. But a team loss that a truly great QB would have prevented by not shitting down his leg with each opportunity presented.

Marcellus
01-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Imagine how easy its going to be for Mahomes to win MVP every single year.

I mean NFL MVP.

KChiefs1
01-10-2018, 01:38 PM
He deserved it.

hitchief
01-10-2018, 01:38 PM

Wrong, its the other way around but you will/can never admit its not all on Alex. There is not 1 Alex supporter who doesn't say he has his limitations and at times misses wr's or makes a mistake. But you guys act like he should have a completion rate of 100% and never not see an open wr without you even knowing the progression of the play. Its you guys who think he should play a perfect game or this team cant win not the other way around otherwise every thread would not come back to Alex.

Stupid to argue over him now as he's gone but cant wait for your same critique for Pat.

If Alex is truly the main problem with this team as you guys always revert to, then replacing him with Pat = SB right?

hitchief
01-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Imagine how easy its going to be for Mahomes to win MVP every single year.

I mean NFL MVP.

Hope he does = great success for the team if that happens.

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 01:40 PM
You haven't shut shit down, moron. How about 7 years worth of evidence that Alex Smith needs one of the most talented rosters in the league to be competent? It's undeniable.

The offense could barely muster a first down in the 2nd half, and Smith reverted to cuck mode, refusing to make simple throws that you have to at least attempt in the playoffs. I guarantee you that had Alex not shit down his leg for the entirety of the half and just executed the basic throws he should have, no one is saying a word about him today. Mostly because we'd be preparing to play the Patriots.

It was a team loss. But a team loss that a truly great QB would have prevented by not shitting down his leg with each opportunity presented.

The offense the offense. The defense and drops didn't give them much of a chance to do so. Chiefs had the ball once in the 3rd qtr, once! The drive ended in a drop that would've gotten the first down. So you're saying if he was truly a great QB he would've willed the receiver to catch that ball?

Cam and Brees didn't win their games this weekend. It took a defensive stop for Brees to get the W. LOL GTFOH

Best22
01-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Alex Smith has never won a playoff game in which his defense didn't force 5 turnovers

DRM08
01-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Good job Alex. I think he stands a better chance making a Super Bowl run with Jaguars defense instead of Chiefs defense. We shall see how the trade negotiations turn out.

Reerun_KC
01-10-2018, 02:19 PM
I’m gonna wait for StevieRay to weigh in on this. He’s been awol for a bit.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2018, 02:31 PM
Cam and Brees didn't win their games this weekend. It took a defensive stop for Brees to get the W. LOL GTFOH

Did you watch that game? Seriously.

Cause I can assure you they each made multiple throws that Alex might attempt 1/10 times.

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Did you watch that game? Seriously.

Cause I can assure you they each made multiple throws that Alex might attempt 1/10 times.

What ultimately won the game though? Cam had his chance to win the game but got sacked, didn't even get off a throw. LOL

Hammock Parties
01-10-2018, 02:35 PM
I’m gonna wait for StevieRay to weigh in on this. He’s been awol for a bit.

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/erikkain/files/2017/03/Negan-gif-gif.gif

BigCatDaddy
01-10-2018, 02:38 PM
What ultimately won the game though? Cam had his chance to win the game but got sacked, didn't even get off a throw. LOL

At least he didnt sprint out of bounds LMAO

T-post Tom
01-10-2018, 02:38 PM
Teicher also first journalist to make a definitive confirmation that Smith won't be the starter next year? I've seen a lot of speculation and inferences, but nothing quite this definitive:

" The Kansas City Chiefs will soon be taking a step they haven’t in many years by installing a young player, Patrick Mahomes II, as their new starting quarterback."

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/23953/with-qb-change-looming-eric-bieniemy-right-fit-to-guide-chiefs-offense

Chiefs should not confirm this until after Smith has been traded. Will hurt trade market. Trading starts March 14th.

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 02:42 PM
At least he didnt sprint out of bounds LMAO

Who sprinted out of bounds in the playoffs this past weekend? Not Alex, he gave Wilson a shot to be a hero. Cam was on the ground with the ball.

FloridaMan88
01-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Participation Trophy.

BigCatDaddy
01-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Who sprinted out of bounds in the playoffs this past weekend? Not Alex, he gave Wilson a shot to be a hero. Cam was on the ground with the ball.

Yes Alex..Game against the Cards a few years back.

A8bil
01-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Whether you think this award was merited or not, it's pretty clear it is time for AS to move on. His contract is not worth it. He has done a lot for the team, but it appears some change is needed to make it further in the playoffs. AS may not be the change needed, but something is and his contract makes the decision easy.

dls6501
01-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Kidding right, somehow lead the NFL in passer rating but no good in anything you list? NFL has nothing on you.

I can use the last game as an example. He was the best player the Chief's had (except maybe Kelce but then someone had to make the throws to him, no?)

So on the last drive "end of game play" we have an example of Alex doing what you say he didn't or couldn't. Made a great throw to Wilson "tight window" that alligator arms dropped/didn't catch. Wilson saw that FS and as always didn't give a 100% or just miss timed his jump (if you can call it a jump) on the play cause he would have been hit. Bye the way, he had "pocket presence" on that play as well as he stepped into that throw with a free pass rusher coming right at him.

Its a team game and if freaking Wilson makes a great catch he and Alex are hero's but that's football. I hope Wilson is gone from this team cause when it counts in the future, he's gonna pull the same bullcrap with Pat.

Where did I say he was no good anywhere else? I was responding to the idiotic claim that Alex improved on his weaknessES.

He improved in one area. The rest of his weaknesses that he has always had were the exact same in 2017.

Didnt read the rest of your post. Considering how big of a misinterpretation of my post that you had, I probably didnt miss anything relevant.

DRM08
01-10-2018, 04:02 PM

Wilson was great with Mahomes in Denver. They have good chemistry and that is very important for Mahomes at this very early stage of his career. Not like Hill and Kelce are perfect either. Hill in particular had some terrible drops this year including that big one to start the playoff game.

ChiTown
01-10-2018, 04:43 PM
The offense the offense. The defense and drops didn't give them much of a chance to do so. Chiefs had the ball once in the 3rd qtr, once! The drive ended in a drop that would've gotten the first down. So you're saying if he was truly a great QB he would've willed the receiver to catch that ball?

It's going to be nice when all the Alex Ball Swingers leave this site to follow him to his next gig. So, to you, and all of your crew of Alexsexuals...

https://media2.giphy.com/media/Z06bUlVdiq8CY/giphy.gif

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 05:09 PM
It's going to be nice when all the Alex Ball Swingers leave this site to follow him to his next gig. So, to you, and all of your crew of Alexsexuals...

We’ll stick around, and pop up when Mahomes has a good game but still loses. Now if he as a bad game there’s no doubt we’ll be here to let you know what he should’ve done and that it’s not anyone else’s fault but his.

Ming the Merciless
01-10-2018, 05:10 PM

what did u think of the playcalling and defense in the 1st half?

CasselGotPeedOn
01-10-2018, 05:11 PM
We’ll stick around, and pop up when Mahomes has a good game but still loses. Now if he as a bad game there’s no doubt we’ll be here to let you know what he should’ve done and that it’s not anyone else’s fault but his.

Hopefully you gets AIDS and die before then.

Ming the Merciless
01-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Now if (Mahomes has [sic]) a bad game there’s no doubt we’ll be here to let you know what he should’ve done and that it’s not anyone else’s fault but his.

you seem like a swell guy

1st you come to OUR board to tell us how great ALex is...next you cant WAIT to come to OUR board once again to tell us how shitty Pat is.

Do you kind of understand why everyone hates you and your buddies?

Does that shed any light on it at all?

All you give a shit about is alex smith...now that youve been proven wrong ONCE AGAIN about smith you refuse to let it go...

Deberg_1990
01-10-2018, 05:13 PM
Congrats. Well deserved!

:clap:

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 05:18 PM
what did u think of the playcalling and defense in the 1st half?

21 points with a shit QB, was fucking amazing. Unfortunately the Titans made adjustments that the coaching couldn’t overcome or adjust to.

What did you think of the Titans not punting once in the second half? Please don’t come back with KC having to punt, we all know what happened there.

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 05:25 PM
you seem like a swell guy

1st you come to OUR board to tell us how great ALex is...next you cant WAIT to come to OUR board once again to tell us how shitty Pat is.

Do you kind of understand why everyone hates you and your buddies?

Does that shed any light on it at all?

All you give a shit about is alex smith...now that youve been proven wrong ONCE AGAIN about smith you refuse to let it go...

Wrong? He has improved every year since he’s been with KC has no real #1 WR and balled out. Won back to back conference titles and was in the MVP race this season. I’ve never said he would win a super bowl but could he have won one with the Chiefs? Absolutely! You Alex haters have been proved wrong especially after this season. You guys won’t admit it but the evidence is there.

BTW I actually like Mahomes and think he will be a good QB so you shouldn't have to worry since he'll be hoisting the Lambardi trophy next year right?

BigCatDaddy
01-10-2018, 05:28 PM
Wrong? He has improved every year since he’s been with KC has no real #1 WR and balled out. Won back to back conference titles and was in the MVP race this season. I’ve never said he would win a super bowl but could he have won one with the Chiefs? Absolutely! You Alex haters have been proved wrong especially after this season. You guys won’t admit it but the evidence is there.

Actually I can give you about 33 2nd half reasons why we were spot on.

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 05:30 PM
Actually I can give you about 33 2nd half reasons why we were spot on.

Ready go...

HemiEd
01-10-2018, 05:31 PM
ROFL Prepare to get fucked one more time fellow planeteers.

Hopefully, that will help drive his price up. This is just crazy.

Because Chiefs.

Sandy Vagina
01-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Wrong, its the other way around but you will/can never admit its not all on Alex. There is not 1 Alex supporter who doesn't say he has his limitations and at times misses wr's or makes a mistake. But you guys act like he should have a completion rate of 100% and never not see an open wr without you even knowing the progression of the play. Its you guys who think he should play a perfect game or this team cant win not the other way around otherwise every thread would not come back to Alex.

Stupid to argue over him now as he's gone but cant wait for your same critique for Pat.

If Alex is truly the main problem with this team as you guys always revert to, then replacing him with Pat = SB right?

The hilarious part of this is, the person you are arguing with was a huge Alex fan not so long ago.. and used to battle the haters vigilantly.. just as you are doing now.

Don't waste your time. They drafted his man crush, so he totally flip-flopped from "lover to hater"... lmao... and it's adorable.

Sandy Vagina
01-10-2018, 05:36 PM

and Brees should have closed the game out on that last drive where he instead throws a retarded INT.

Both these "wonderful" QBs choked the game away... but Saints had the lead, so...

BigCatDaddy
01-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Ready go...

www.google.com/amp/s/www.numberfire.com/nfl/player-news/70161/alex-smith-throws-for-33-yards-in-second-half-chiefs-lose-after-leading-21-3/amp

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Smith was alright when it was all said and done. Too bad my 2 most vivid memories of him in a Chiefs uniform are both him leading the team to an epic collapse of historic proportion in the playoffs.

Sandy Vagina
01-10-2018, 05:41 PM
Smith was alright when it was all said and done. Too bad my 2 most vivid memories of him in a Chiefs uniform are both him leading the team to an epic collapse of historic proportion in the playoffs.

If I were left with 2 final memories of Chiefs' Smith, they would be the Dwayne Bowe failed toe-tap versus Indy... and now the failed catch from Albert W versus Tennessee.

Hammock Parties
01-10-2018, 05:46 PM
If I were left with 2 final memories of Chiefs' Smith, they would be the Dwayne Bowe failed toe-tap versus Indy... and now the failed catch from Albert W versus Tennessee.

Yep Alex perfect on every play before that...those damn dirty Chiefs!

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 05:47 PM
www.google.com/amp/s/www.numberfire.com/nfl/player-news/70161/alex-smith-throws-for-33-yards-in-second-half-chiefs-lose-after-leading-21-3/amp

That’s one reason and falls on more than the QB’s shoulders. C’mon man you have to be smarter than that. Oh wait, never mind you were a Geno Smith ball hugger. 😂

Sassy Squatch
01-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Those games weren't lost on those 2 plays, you buffoon.

Willie Lanier
01-10-2018, 06:14 PM

Well, that's an entirely new plane of sadness/madness (auto correct on my phone switched to the former, but I felt the latter was equally valid)...

You care enough about the imaginary perceptions of a player you've probably never met, to come back to a team message board (who you've probably never rooted for prior to said individual's acquisition) to trash his replacement?

I'm no psychologist, but if I had to guess, you're probably dealing with much deeper issues...

Buckweath
01-10-2018, 06:16 PM
https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/status/951223777018314752

Interesting...you guys should have a look at this series of tweets. Smith had the highest average of separation by his reveiversin the league at the release point.

Sandy Vagina
01-10-2018, 06:20 PM
You care enough about the imaginary perceptions of a player you've probably never met, to come back to a team message board (who you've probably never rooted for prior to said individual's acquisition) to trash his replacement?

I'm no psychologist, but if I had to guess, you're probably dealing with much deeper issues...

People will think I am doing this no matter what I say, but that certainly isn't my intention ahead. I still consider myself somewhat of a true KC fan, and have zero axe to grind with Pat Mahomes. He will get a fair shake from me, and I wish him well.

Yes, it will be annoying as **** to read all of the excuses for him to come... but I get it. Finally having a rd 1 QBotF is exciting enough to make fans turn a blind eye to fault.

I plan to tread lightly in my criticisms.. but it won't matter. ANY potential criticisms coming from a Smith fan will be perceived as hateful and antagonistic.. but that's on the people that take it that way.. not me.

JENKINSWINS
01-10-2018, 06:20 PM
Well, that's an entirely new plane of sadness/madness (auto correct on my phone switched to the former, but I felt the latter was equally valid)...

You're right all these imaginary perceptions are just that. It's just fun to see how people try to skew things to prove their point and that they were right. I guess I like to see people using their imaginations and creativeness to kill time while I work.

threebag
01-10-2018, 06:39 PM
A vote of confidence from his team.

BigCatDaddy
01-10-2018, 06:42 PM
A vote of confidence from his team.

The Browns?

Willie Lanier
01-11-2018, 12:28 AM
People will think I am doing this no matter what I say, but that certainly isn't my intention ahead. I still consider myself somewhat of a true KC fan, and have zero axe to grind with Pat Mahomes. He will get a fair shake from me, and I wish him well.

Yes, it will be annoying as **** to read all of the excuses for him to come... but I get it. Finally having a rd 1 QBotF is exciting enough to make fans turn a blind eye to fault.

I plan to tread lightly in my criticisms.. but it won't matter. ANY potential criticisms coming from a Smith fan will be perceived as hateful and antagonistic.. but that's on the people that take it that way.. not me.

My post was not directed toward you, I actually have a decent amount of respect towards you...

You've picked your horse and there's not a person on this planet that can steer you away from overwhelming support for said horse...

At least you stick by your guns and don't take the cowards route and jump ship; if you're going to be wrong, you're going to be wrong all the way

pugsnotdrugs19
01-11-2018, 12:45 AM
The hilarious part of this is, the person you are arguing with was a huge Alex fan not so long ago.. and used to battle the haters vigilantly.. just as you are doing now.

Don't waste your time. They drafted his man crush, so he totally flip-flopped from "lover to hater"... lmao... and it's adorable.

Fuck outta' here with that nonsense. I was never a huge Alex fan. I stood by the guy for a long time, I was willing to give him multiple chances like many on here to prove he was the guy before burying him like some did... but I was never a 'huge Alex fan'. I'm a huge Chiefs fan. There's a difference between guys like you, Tiger, Jenkins... and guys like me and the others on the board.

I pretty much gave up on Alex after the PIT playoff game. My posts line up with that. The drafting of Mahomes just happened to come along the way.

Best22
01-11-2018, 12:55 AM
**** outta' here with that nonsense. I was never a huge Alex fan. I stood by the guy for a long time, I was willing to give him multiple chances like many on here to prove he was the guy before burying him like some did... but I was never a 'huge Alex fan'. I'm a huge Chiefs fan. There's a difference between guys like you, Tiger, Jenkins... and guys like me and the others on the board.

I pretty much gave up on Alex after the PIT playoff game. My posts line up with that. The drafting of Mahomes just happened to come along the way.

Same here. Pittsburgh game convinced me we needed a new QB.

Games vs the Giants, Cowboys, Titans, and Bills further confirmed it

When it all comes down to it I don't care if Bray leads us to a Superbowl win, throwin 7 TD and 23 INT while doing so. I'm a Chiefs fan, not a blind homer for one individual player.

Willie Lanier
01-11-2018, 12:58 AM
You're right all these imaginary perceptions are just that. It's just fun to see how people try to skew things to prove their point and that they were right. I guess I like to see people using their imaginations and creativeness to kill time while I work.

You sound eerily like a sociopath...

Just saying

Willie Lanier
01-11-2018, 12:59 AM
But hey, good luck with your life and all that

Fishpicker
01-11-2018, 01:21 AM
Ideally, Alex plays all of '18 and allows Mahomes to develop and provide some spot relief once we clinch the playoffs. Then, in '19 we will have as good a duo as Montana/Krieg or Grbac/Gannon. well... that's if we can draft some OL, LB, DL, WR and CBs and a SS, of course. what do we have this year, 7 picks or 8?

DRM08
01-11-2018, 01:44 AM
Ideally, Alex plays all of '18 and allows Mahomes to develop and provide some spot relief once we clinch the playoffs. Then, in '19 we will have as good a duo as Montana/Krieg or Grbac/Gannon. well... that's if we can draft some OL, LB, DL, WR and CBs and a SS, of course. what do we have this year, 7 picks or 8?

You are describing a waste of Mahomes' cheap rookie contract. Having him on the bench for at least 60% of it is not a great strategy.

TimBone
01-11-2018, 01:57 AM
You are describing a waste of Mahomes' cheap rookie contract. Having him on the bench for at least 60% of it is not a great strategy.Yep. Gotta take advantage of a solid QB on a rookie contract, just like the Seahawks did with Wilson. Use the savings to stack the team around him.

DRM08
01-11-2018, 02:03 AM
Yep. Gotta take advantage of a solid QB on a rookie contract, just like the Seahawks did with Wilson. Use the savings to stack the team around him.

No doubt about it. Cowboys trying to do same thing with Dak right now, but I think Pat's ceiling is a hell of a lot higher than Dak's. Wilson's ceiling was a lot higher than Dak too. We've seen the Seahawks decline as soon as they had to start paying Wilson and some of the big time defensive guys they drafted around the same time.

Pat has learned a lot this year thanks to Andy, Alex, Nagy, and the rest of the Chiefs coaches. He needs to be thrown into the fire against the best defenders in the world and gain more experience on the field.

Years 3-5 you make a serious run at the Super Bowl until the time comes to pay Pat huge money...and presumably big money for other successful draft picks during this time period.

TimeForWasp
01-11-2018, 02:56 AM
I would love to keep Smith with a redone backup contract. But he is a good nfl starter so he will go somewhere else. It's common sense actually.

Mennonite
01-11-2018, 06:37 AM
Did the Titans players get to vote on this, too?

PitBull
01-11-2018, 07:50 AM
Comedy gold

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 09:18 AM
I would love to keep Smith with a redone backup contract. But he is a good nfl starter so he will go somewhere else. It's common sense actually.

Yup there are plenty of teams that want a solid QB contrary to CP’s beliefs. So according to those guys the Chiefs should only garner a 3rd-5th round pick. Hell, they think he isn’t worth shit. These same guys will be proven wrong once again. 😂

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 09:27 AM

There will be some here to get on all the Mahomosexuals when you know, he has a good game and still loses or has a bad game and still wins. See you when he does.

ChiTown
01-11-2018, 10:02 AM

Sounds like a perfect candidate to be MU'd? Mods?

Beef Supreme
01-11-2018, 10:05 AM
There will be some here to get on all the Mahomosexuals when you know, he has a good game and still loses or has a bad game and still wins. See you when he does.

Just saying

:hmmm:

ptlyon
01-11-2018, 10:09 AM

Just saying

No, just an Alex Smith fan

ChiTown
01-11-2018, 10:12 AM
No, just an Alex Smith fan

fine line, obviously

Tribal Warfare
01-11-2018, 10:16 AM

The Patrick "QB Savior" Mahomes II shall weather the storm, and still ascend to be great.

The circle jerk's aftermath. will be compared to the Biblical flood that Noah had to endure. We are building that arc as ee speak, and it's a gigantic motherfucker.

SuperBowl4
01-11-2018, 11:04 AM

probably the best one he has had or will ever have

congrats MVP smithExcept for the GIANTS game where he proved to all he will never lead a team to the Super Bowl

Rausch
01-11-2018, 11:05 AM
Should have been Hunt...

Rausch
01-11-2018, 11:07 AM
Except for the GIANTS game where he proved to all he will never lead a team to the Super Bowl

Since 1988 only the 2nd game I missed on purpose.

I didn't want to see the the league finishing off what was once such a beautiful thing...

Chiefnj2
01-11-2018, 11:17 AM
https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/status/951223777018314752

Interesting...you guys should have a look at this series of tweets. Smith had the highest average of separation by his reveiversin the league at the release point.

Pretty interesting. One can debate whether he leads the league because the receivers are good at getting open, or he only throws the ball when they are very open. I think the latter.

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 11:24 AM
Pretty interesting. One can debate whether he leads the league because the receivers are good at getting open, or he only throws the ball when they are very open. I think the latter.

So if he chooses to throw it to a guy that's blanketed instead of the guy that's more open you guys will throw a hissy fit. The latter is the smarter throw idiot!

ptlyon
01-11-2018, 11:28 AM
So if he chooses to throw it to a guy that's blanketed instead of the guy that's more open you guys will throw a hissy fit. The latter is the smarter throw idiot!

Funny. A life long friend of mine had that same complaint about Mahomes about the Denver game.

Needless to say, he's no longer my friend.

Tribal Warfare
01-11-2018, 11:40 AM

Mahomes slays puss

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 11:44 AM
Funny. A life long friend of mine had that same complaint about Mahomes about the Denver game.

Needless to say, he's no longer my friend.

Funny to lose a friend over a meaningless game.

Tribal Warfare
01-11-2018, 11:54 AM

Mahomes took his friend's significant other to pound town. PMII will be going in dry and fucking the opposition raw for many years as a Chief.

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 12:06 PM
Mahomes took his friend's significant other to pound town. PMII will be going in dry and ****ing the opposition raw for many years as a Chief.

That's what some on here thought about Geno Smith and the guy that replaced Alex in SF.

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 12:09 PM
All he has to do is win one playoff game in KC to match the "legendary" captain check down.

I say it again, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS, STATS. ETC.....THAT is the only stat that matters.

Tribal Warfare
01-11-2018, 12:15 PM
That's what some on here thought about Geno Smith and the guy that replaced Alex in SF.

Mahomes waxing dat ass

ptlyon
01-11-2018, 12:25 PM

Jokes son, jokes

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 12:34 PM
Look at the confidence the MVP inspires.

https://i.imgur.com/Y4oBvbm.jpg

Sandy Vagina
01-11-2018, 12:38 PM
^ all three look like they are staring at their team defense on the field, lmao.

Alex looks checked out... He's clearly thinking **** this team.. can't wait to be outta here.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 12:39 PM
^ all three look like they are staring at their team defense on the field, lmao.

Alex looks checked out... He's clearly thinking **** this team.. can't wait to be outta here.

This was the Titans last possession. After Alex failed.

Alex is thinking about how badly he failed on that last possession.

He's thinking "jesus I didn't score a single point in the second half...I am the ultimate cuck...I am so depressed and Cleveland will crush me..."

Sandy Vagina
01-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Or maybe it's, "I need to feel better after the game.. so I'll pay people to drive around and throw Taco Bell coupons and toupees out the windows for needy peasants."

There's hope, Claynus! snatch em up!

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Yup, take more personal shots. You lost. You and Smith. Fucking failures.

Eat shit.

Rausch
01-11-2018, 12:47 PM
Look at the confidence the MVP inspires.

https://i.imgur.com/Y4oBvbm.jpg

Meanwhile MVP is working away.

Only SOLIDLY nailing kicks under the 10 from 5o and even 6o yards...