PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The fascinating potential and unrealistic pressure awaiting Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes

Pages : [1] 2

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Ghost written by Baby Lee.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article194103514.html#storylink=cpy

The act of burning a jersey is silly, usually petty, and almost always a cry for attention.

After an(other) excruciating playoff loss, at least one Chiefs fan did that with an Alex Smith jersey, and because this is the 21st century, he shared the video on social media. The message is unclear.

Maybe he is blaming the quarterback with the league’s highest passer rating and most success on downfield passes this season for the disappointment. Maybe he’s blaming the quarterback who threw two touchdowns and no interceptions for a loss in which the play calling, receivers, tackling, scheme, health, kicker and, yes, officials all weren’t good enough.

Maybe this is an intended metaphor about a new beginning, with a new quarterback.

Whatever. Doesn’t matter, other than serving as an anecdotal example to open a column making a point I’ve been thinking about for months:

Bless his heart, Patrick Mahomes should know what’s coming.

Smith just played the season of his professional life, one that Mahomes is unlikely to match next year, and has thrown nine touchdowns and two interceptions in five playoff games in Kansas City. And a lot of us can’t wait to get rid of him. At least one of us burned his jersey. This is so weird.

Look, the Chiefs will likely trade Smith. That’s the smart move, anyway, because Mahomes is freakishly talented, showed well in his spot start in Denver, and the team around him could be improved with the $17 million in cap space and draft capital gained in trading Smith.

Assuming that happens, Mahomes will be the Chiefs’ starting quarterback in 2018 and begin his career with more pressure and higher expectations than any athlete in the history of Kansas City sports, with the possible exception of Alex Gordon.

Chiefs fans have been waiting decades for Mahomes. That is not hyperbole. The year he was born the Chiefs won the AFC West with a former 49ers backup and lost their first playoff game, at home, atrociously.

Even back then, many fans were tired of someone else’s backup proving just good enough to lose in the playoffs. Even back then, many fans thought the Chiefs had gone too long without drafting and developing their own quarterback. Even back then, many fans wanted something fresh.

That was 22 years ago.

The Chiefs just won the AFC West with a former 49ers backup and lost their first playoff game, at home, atrociously. The story hasn’t changed so much as it’s gone from molehill to mountain, snowball to boulder.

Dreams of someone exactly like Mahomes are older than Mahomes. Babies have been raised by parents complaining about the Chiefs not drafting their own quarterback. Some of those babies have now graduated college, bought homes, become doctors.

All of those hopes and complaints will now land on Mahomes, who spent much of last year’s training camp learning how to take a snap from under center.

Assuming Smith is traded, and assuming coach Andy Reid and general manager Brett Veach use the flexibility to improve the roster, Mahomes will be surrounded by the most complete team the Chiefs are capable of employing.

We can talk as much as we want about “growing pains” and “learning curves,” but the downsides always sound better in theory than they feel in practice.

In 2012, many Chiefs fans told themselves they just wanted their team to not stink. Five years after that, many of us don’t care about that. It’s about the playoffs now.

For decades, Royals fans told themselves they just wanted their team to be competitive. Two years after a parade, many are already lamenting a rebuild. Mike Sweeney was once the most popular athlete in town, other than Tony Gonzalez. The contract extension he signed to say in Kansas City was still fresh when he started hearing boos at home games.

None of this makes Kansas City fans mean, unfair, unique, or even rare. Just makes us fans.

When I first started thinking about all of this, I had in my head that Kansas City is particularly tough on quarterbacks. But with more consideration, I don’t think that’s true. Lots of places are tough on quarterbacks — Cleveland and Washington and Chicago and Philadelphia and New York and even New England, where just two years ago some wanted Tom Brady out.

“It’s just part of being in one of those 32 jobs,” said Trent Green, who spent six years with the Chiefs and a total of five more in Washington, St. Louis, and Miami. “The team means so much to the city here. That was something as a player that I consciously thought about. You can affect the mood of the city by the way you play and perform. If the Chiefs have a bad day, you can tell, just going around town. They’re going to act differently.”

Kansas City has a different view on quarterbacks, because the Chiefs went so long without drafting one.

Not just that, but Chiefs fans watched one rival win Super Bowls with a homegrown Hall of Famer quarterback who then became GM and convinced another Hall of Fame quarterback to win a Super Bowl there. The Chiefs’ other rival once went to the Super Bowl with the quarterback the Chiefs dumped for Elvis Grbac.

That can’t help but harden you as a fan, in some ways.

This is a lot to take on. Mahomes is 22. This could’ve been his senior year at Texas Tech. Anyone in his recruiting class who redshirted will play college football next season, too.

He’s inexperienced, even when compared to other quarterbacks his age. He was a baseball player growing up, so his summers were about repeating the mechanics on his fastball, not doing the camps and watching the film and competing in 7-on-7 tournaments like most who eventually make the NFL. He didn’t play football full-time until his sophomore year at Tech.

Look, if we’re taking roll on who’s been caught up in and contributed to Mahomes hype, I stand before you today first in line with my hand pointed to the sky.

His talent and potential are so much of why sports have had my heart all my life. He did nothing to temper my excitement in that win at Denver. He had the bad interception, and was bothered more by blitzes than I thought watching live, but made at least six completions that simply cannot be taught and haven’t been made by a Chiefs quarterback since ever.

This is why I believe this is important, at least relative to the silliness of sports. It’s not just the jersey burners. As Reid might say, We all have a piece of this, ‘k?

Mahomes really might be a star. But it is nearly impossible for him to statistically match the season Smith just had, and the same way the Chiefs’ lack of playoff success these past five years are about more than Smith, fixing what’s missing is about much more than Mahomes.

notorious
01-11-2018, 08:21 AM
People need to temper their expectations for a while. He is going to show flashes of brilliance and failure. Let him grow into the job.

Red Dawg
01-11-2018, 08:23 AM
How about we give him the job now publicly. Just get it over with.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 08:25 AM
Going to need more than a QB change to fix this mess. Hopefully Bielemy can be a balance to Andy Reids passpasspasspass mentality, and we need a complete overhaul on defense. Lack of effort on tackling and poor scheme has been an overarching problem for all the players, and it starts at the top.

notorious
01-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Prepare yourself for certain posters stating that our old QB would have done it better here , or he wouldn’t have thrown a pick there.

It will get old real fast.

Mile High Mania
01-11-2018, 08:28 AM
People need to temper their expectations for a while. He is going to show flashes of brilliance and failure. Let him grow into the job.

There might be patience in 2018... but, this is kinda like sending your cute girlfirend off to get a boob job. The doctor says "leave 'em alone for a bit" and all you want to do is give them a test spin.

I think the patience will be split and by 2019, if the results are similar ... even with better QB play, the mantra will be "See, it wasn't all Alex - we still look the same."

It's going to be interesting for sure.

InChiefsHeaven
01-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Chiefs fans will be in an odd and new and scary awesome spot when Mahomes takes over. We'll be rooting hard for him, but we'll be forced to temper that excitement with the knowlege that there will be growing pains. If we don't make the playoffs next year, there will be the usual homers who will pine for the days of the "great" Alex Smith, and there will be noise from the talking head naysaysers about the wisdom of letting the "best" quarterback the Chiefs had in a generation go for an unproven gunslinger.

We gotta get through that shit. We gotta stick with the plan we've all been praying for...drafting and developing our own star QB. We have to give him time. I think we will. I know I will. Just think of Mahomes as your own son, watch him learn and be patient and believe in his abilities. In other words, detach from the imperative of winning and enjoy the ride. I believe the winning will come. The future is brighter than it's been in a very long time. We need to all believe in that.

Nzoner
01-11-2018, 08:58 AM
The future is brighter than it's been in a very long time.

Am I going to need shades? :D

Reerun_KC
01-11-2018, 09:01 AM
Prepare yourself for certain posters stating that our old QB would have done it better here , or he wouldn’t have thrown a pick there.

It will get old real fast.

Hopefully our mod team will control it better than the post Alex bullshit we’re dealing with.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-11-2018, 09:02 AM
Chiefs fans will be in an odd and new and scary awesome spot when Mahomes takes over. We'll be rooting hard for him, but we'll be forced to temper that excitement with the knowlege that there will be growing pains. If we don't make the playoffs next year, there will be the usual homers who will pine for the days of the "great" Alex Smith, and there will be noise from the talking head naysaysers about the wisdom of letting the "best" quarterback the Chiefs had in a generation go for an unproven gunslinger.

We gotta get through that shit. We gotta stick with the plan we've all been praying for...drafting and developing our own star QB. We have to give him time. I think we will. I know I will. Just think of Mahomes as your own son, watch him learn and be patient and believe in his abilities. In other words, detach from the imperative of winning and enjoy the ride. I believe the winning will come. The future is brighter than it's been in a very long time. We need to all believe in that.

He said it all for me...

loochy
01-11-2018, 09:08 AM
I'm really worried about his first 150/0/3 game. Some of you will probably not handle it well...someone may Belcher themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
01-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Or the dude comes in and sets the fucking world ok fire and the chiefs go deep in the playoffs

DRM08
01-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Unlimited potential. Needs to stay healthy and work his tail off. He is in a great organization to help him max out that potential.

staylor26
01-11-2018, 09:14 AM
Or the dude comes in and sets the fucking world ok fire and the chiefs go deep in the playoffs

I don’t know why more people don’t see this is a legitimate possibility.

Hill/Kelce/Conley and Hunt/Ware with a possible upgrade at LG?

No reason to think it can’t happen when young QB’s exceed early expectations every year.

Eleazar
01-11-2018, 09:14 AM
So now the work of lowering expectations begins...

JohnnyHammersticks
01-11-2018, 09:15 AM
How about we give him the job now publicly. Just get it over with.

I agree. Why would we bluff like we may want to keep Alex? This would only increase value of the pick(s) we receive for him. Do you know how much high draft picks make? (a lot!)

It's the same as winning the lottery. Sure, you may win a hundred million dollars, but your tax bill will be MILLIONS OF DOLLARS more than it would've been if you hadn't won.

:facepalm: :banghead:

staylor26
01-11-2018, 09:18 AM
There might be patience in 2018... but, this is kinda like sending your cute girlfirend off to get a boob job. The doctor says "leave 'em alone for a bit" and all you want to do is give them a test spin.

I think the patience will be split and by 2019, if the results are similar ... even with better QB play, the mantra will be "See, it wasn't all Alex - we still look the same."

It's going to be interesting for sure.

Lol here we go Mr. passive aggresive.

Just say it, you think Mahomes is going to struggle. That’s fine, I just want you to say it so I could make you eat crow down the line.

tmax63
01-11-2018, 09:18 AM
But the Chiefs will be so great behind his rocket arm that other teams will forfeit rather than embarrass themselves by being on the same field. The 72 Dolphins might as well save their money next year and not bother buying champagne to drink after the last team loses there first game. Why worry whether or not Sutton is here next year since Saint Pat will overcome all obstacles. Who needs a defense when the offense will be putting a fifty-burger up every week.

InChiefsHeaven
01-11-2018, 09:20 AM
Am I going to need shades? :D

Go and get yourself some cheap sunglasses...:thumb:

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 09:22 AM
But the Chiefs will be so great behind his rocket arm that other teams will forfeit rather than embarrass themselves by being on the same field. The 72 Dolphins might as well save their money next year and not bother buying champagne to drink after the last team loses there first game. Why worry whether or not Sutton is here next year since Saint Pat will overcome all obstacles. Who needs a defense when the offense will be putting a fifty-burger up every week.

You stupid bastard.

If the Chiefs only needed 20 points in three of the games they lost to finish with the #1 seed.

BigRedChief
01-11-2018, 09:22 AM
People need to temper their expectations for a while. He is going to show flashes of brilliance and failure. Let him grow into the job.This is the only way to view Mahomes.

We are viewing him as the QB who is going to lead us to the promised land. Make all the painful losses a distant memory. A ton of pressure. But, that goes with the territory of being a top draft pick.

tmax63
01-11-2018, 09:24 AM
I can't believe you took the bait that fast and easily. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

RunKC
01-11-2018, 09:25 AM
Pressure? Of what? Being better than QB’s who have 1 playoff win since Joe Montana?

InChiefsHeaven
01-11-2018, 09:32 AM
This is the only way to view Mahomes.

We are viewing him as the QB who is going to lead us to the promised land. Make all the painful losses a distant memory. A ton of pressure. But, that goes with the territory of being a top draft pick.

Like I said, think of him as your own son. You and the wife were inexplicably unable to sire your own child, so for years you adopted. And while they were good boys, they were't your own. Suddenly, she winds up pregnant, and a healthy baby boy is born. Put your faith in your own blood!!

Damn, I'm dramatic today...

Beef Supreme
01-11-2018, 09:34 AM
"Mahomes really might be a star. But it is nearly impossible for him to statistically match the season Smith just had,"

There are a lot of Chief fans that need to come to the understanding that good QB play is about more than stats.

Chris Meck
01-11-2018, 09:39 AM
I really don't think he's going to struggle like people are afraid he will. I saw him go through his reads, avoid pressure, recognize the blitz, and deliver the ball in Denver. I mean, that's NFL football. Will he ever have a bad game? Sure, of course. But I don't think he's going to have many and I expect that we'll be right back in the playoff hunt next season but with the possibility of lighting it up once we get there. Provided we fix the defense.

Dayze
01-11-2018, 09:43 AM
only stat I care about him being better than Alex at is playoff wins.

Alex can sit his ass at home with his QBR Trophy and Skype with the true fans.

notorious
01-11-2018, 09:43 AM
Like I said, think of him as your own son. You and the wife were inexplicably unable to sire your own child, so for years you adopted. And while they were good boys, they were't your own. Suddenly, she winds up pregnant, and a healthy baby boy is born. Put your faith in your own blood!!

This is awesome. LMAO

BigCatDaddy
01-11-2018, 09:45 AM
One would need to have their head in their ass to not see this guy is going to win a lot of regular season games. The key is winning in the playoffs. All he needs is 1 win in 5 years to equal what we got from Shitty. Anybody think he won't do that?

Dayze
01-11-2018, 09:45 AM

why did my wife give birth to a black son?

....I've been working too many hours.

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 09:56 AM

ROFLROFLROFL First of all, if that is even remotely true, it is by fucking default. 1-4 in the playoffs. Ahhhh, the good old days.. Idiots..

You don't think Mahomes can go 1-4 in 5 playoff games or better?

pugsnotdrugs19
01-11-2018, 10:03 AM
I don’t know why more people don’t see this is a legitimate possibility.

Hill/Kelce/Conley and Hunt/Ware with a possible upgrade at LG?

No reason to think it can’t happen when young QB’s exceed early expectations every year.

Yeah... every time I think about expectations from a statistical standpoint, I try to keep them tempered to a rookie level. But shit, why should we not expect a really good season given who he is playing with? They can all make each other better.

carcosa
01-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Pat Mahomes is going to win 10 consecutive Super Bowl MVPs. Might not start next year, though, and that's ok.

ChiTown
01-11-2018, 10:07 AM
Here's what we are risking: Regular Season Wins. Period.

At the need of the day, who gives a **** if you win 10-13 games in the reg season, if your team is a ball-less sack of shit in the Playoffs? We need a QB with a large set of onions under Center. If Pat isn't that guy, then we'll go find the next one. All I know is that Alex was NOT that guy. Nice guy, good QB, great year, no balls. See ya.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 10:21 AM
ROFLROFLROFL First of all, if that is even remotely true, it is by fucking default. 1-4 in the playoffs. Ahhhh, the good old days.. Idiots..

You don't think Mahomes can go 1-4 in 5 playoff games or better?

Bill Kenney, Steve DeBerg and Dave Krieg were 1-4 in the playoffs from 1986-1992.

The Chiefs went 10-6, 11-5, 10-6, and 10-6 in those seasons.

In those seasons they had one top 10 passing season and averaged 20 passing TDs per year.

That's EXACTLY what Alex has done in KC. 10 wins per year, 20.6 passing TDs per year, one top 10 passing season.

Alex Smith is just those same QBs with an albatross contract, because now even average QBs get stupid long-term deals due to the watering down of the position and the passing game.

Marty's Chiefs needed an elite talent at the QB position to have playoff success, and so do Reid's. But at least this time he's not fucking 37.

Dayze
01-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Here's what we are risking: Regular Season Wins. Period.

At the need of the day, who gives a **** if you win 10-13 games in the reg season, if your team is a ball-less sack of shit in the Playoffs? We need a QB with a large set of onions under Center. If Pat isn't that guy, then we'll go find the next one. All I know is that Alex was NOT that guy. Nice guy, good QB, great year, no balls. See ya.

that.

RippedmyFlesh
01-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Ghost written by Baby Lee.

Stopped there he is going to be insufferable next year.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Bill Kenney, Steve DeBerg and Dave Krieg were 1-4 in the playoffs from 1986-1992.

The Chiefs went 10-6, 11-5, 10-6, and 10-6 in those seasons.

In those seasons they had one top 10 passing season and averaged 20 passing TDs per year.

That's EXACTLY what Alex has done in KC. 10 wins per year, 20.6 passing TDs per year, one top 10 passing season.

Alex Smith is just those same QBs with an albatross contract, because now even average QBs get stupid long-term deals due to the watering down of the position and the passing game.

Marty's Chiefs needed an elite talent at the QB position to have playoff success, and so do Reid's. But at least this time he's not ****ing 37.

Are you insinuating that Mahomes is already elite?

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 10:32 AM
Nice guy, good QB, great year, no balls.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/ICPP/nice-guy-i-don-t-give-a-shit-good-father-fuck-you-go-home-and-play-with-your-kids/image.jpg?w=400&c=1

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 10:33 AM
Are you insinuating that Mahomes is already elite?

He is an elite talent. Whether he becomes an elite QB...we will see.

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 10:34 AM
All he has to do is get one playoff win in a five year period and he has matched Alex. Point blank period. Nothing else MATTERS!

Mile High Mania
01-11-2018, 10:35 AM
Lol here we go Mr. passive aggresive.

Just say it, you think Mahomes is going to struggle. That’s fine, I just want you to say it so I could make you eat crow down the line.

Look, Asshat... I think he's going to do really well, actually. I was speaking about the fanbase and what happens if he comes in and he's not the savior right out of the gate.

You should just ignore me for a while, you're triggered.

RippedmyFlesh
01-11-2018, 10:39 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/A7MY7TuBnzs/maxresdefault.jpg

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Look, Asshat... I think he's going to do really well, actually. I was speaking about the fanbase and what happens if he comes in and he's not the savior right out of the gate.

You should just ignore me for a while, you're triggered.

Again, all he has to do is win ONE playoff game in a five year period to match Alex, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!

Mile High Mania
01-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Again, all he has to do is win ONE playoff game in a five year period to match Alex, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!

And, can you wait 5 years for that 1 win?

Coogs
01-11-2018, 10:42 AM
We will be fine with Mahomes.

Houston was winning games without Watt and Mercilus on the defense. Not so much when Watson went down.

Mahomes > Watson

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 10:43 AM
We will be fine with Mahomes.

Houston was winning games without Watt and Mercilus on the defense. Not so much when Watson went down.

Mahomes > Watson

Yeah, pretty enlightening how just a QB change fixed a LOT that was wrong with that team.

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 10:43 AM
And, can you wait 5 years for that 1 win?

What makes you think we will have to wait?

RunKC
01-11-2018, 10:45 AM
Andy Reid alone is worth at least 8 wins due to the coaching advantage.

I mean FFS 7 of our last 12 losses since the beginning of 2016 were when the defense gave up 19 or less points.

Coogs
01-11-2018, 10:45 AM
Yeah, pretty enlightening how just a QB change fixed a LOT that was wrong with that team.
Yep! And vice versa when he went down.

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 10:47 AM
There are NO "great" defenses in today's league so you need a "Great" QB. Mahomes CAN be, Alex will NEVER be.

Mile High Mania
01-11-2018, 10:48 AM
What makes you think we will have to wait?

I never said you would... you threw out the 5 years 1 win timeframe and said nothing else matters. So, simply asking you if you are fine waiting 5 years if that's what happens.

Because if you say 'yes', then what was really the point? Doesn't seem like you've raised the bar of expectations with that 5 years and 1 win comment.

Marcellus
01-11-2018, 10:48 AM
I read this on the Star this morning and laughed every time he stated Mahomes had no chance of statistically matching Alex's season next year.

He may throw a few more picks but he will throw more TD's and for more yards. Bank on it.

Coogs
01-11-2018, 10:49 AM
There are NO "great" defenses in today's league so you need a "Great" QB. Mahomes CAN be, Alex will NEVER be.

FWIW, I agree. But I am sure Tigger and his gang will be along shortly to point out how great Alex is. :D

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 10:51 AM
I never said you would... you threw out the 5 years 1 win timeframe and said nothing else matters. So, simply asking you if you are fine waiting 5 years if that's what happens.

Because if you say 'yes', then what was really the point? Doesn't seem like you've raised the bar of expectations with that 5 years and 1 win comment.

Are you that fucking stupid to think that is what I meant?

just saying the bar if fucking low so don't act like we are losing anything worth a fuck in Alex. Damn! Are you really that fucking stupid?

Coogs
01-11-2018, 10:52 AM
I read this on the Star this morning and laughed every time he stated Mahomes had no chance of statistically matching Alex's season next year.

He may throw a few more picks but he will throw more TD's and for more yards. Bank on it.

284 X 15 beats Smith's 4000+ season by a couple of hundred yards.

Mile High Mania
Are you that ****ing stupid to think that is what I meant?

just saying the bar if ****ing low so don't act like we are losing anything worth a **** in Alex. Damn! Are you really that ****ing stupid?

Man, it's pointless to try and even engage in a conversation with some of you...

RippedmyFlesh
Andy Reid alone is worth at least 8 wins due to the coaching advantage.

I mean FFS 7 of our last 12 losses since the beginning of 2016 were when the defense gave up 19 or less points.

I know put up 21 pts in those games and home field advantage. He doesn't have to set the world on fire just not go into a shell and disappear.

Buckweath
I think Mahomes will have a really good supporting cast next year on offense. He couldn't have it much better really. I will be fine with 15 Ints maybe even 20 but I fully expect the yards and the TDs.

If the defense is above average, which is really an unknown at this point, with a coach like Andy Reid who has a phenomenal track record in the season, I absolutely expect a winning season. At this time though, I wouldnt be expecting to win the division or do anything in the playoffs.

Rausch
01-11-2018, 10:55 AM

Sad, but true...

notorious
01-11-2018, 10:55 AM
He will be stepping into one of the most talented offenses in the NFL. The tools are there.

Rausch
01-11-2018, 10:56 AM
He will be stepping into one of the most talented offenses in the NFL. The tools are there.

He'll be fine.

As long as Andy remembers to funnel the offense through Hunt and...yeah...we might be fucked...

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 11:00 AM

We have an absurd amount of talent on offense, and it looks like Robinson is going to be a contributor soon. And we get Conley back.

I really think Mahomes could throw 30 TDs in his first season. Especially when 38% of Alex's TDs were on passes thrown under 10 yards. He had SIX TD passes thrown BEHIND the line of scrimmage.

Best22
01-11-2018, 11:03 AM
why did my wife give birth to a black son?

....I've been working too many hours.

Man, it's pointless to try and even engage in a conversation with some of you...

That's because we aren't arguing with Bronco fans. We don't care

We are arguing with people who think Alex Smith should start next year because Mahomes "will struggle."

Chiefnj2
01-11-2018, 11:04 AM
On the plus side, you can see how much of a difference a good QB (with good coaching) can make - Goff, Wentz, Watson. So you have optimism for a quick turnaround.

Negative - Defense looks like a semi-rebuild, coaching needs tons of improvement and you have some new positional coaches, the QB needs a #1 WR.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 11:13 AM
the QB needs a #1 WR.

Reek is absolutely a #1 WR.

He answered that question this year.

RockChalk
01-11-2018, 11:15 AM
I know put up 21 pts in those games and home field advantage. He doesn't have to set the world on fire just not go into a shell and disappear.

Home field advantage would have been awesome. We could have lost to New England, Pittsburgh, or Jacksonville this weekend instead.

Rausch
01-11-2018, 11:15 AM

Problem is we don't have a legit no 2.

I could take Wilson as the slot but we need a legit no 2...

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
01-11-2018, 11:16 AM
I think Mahomes will have a really good supporting cast next year on offense. He couldn't have it much better really. I will be fine with 15 Ints maybe even 20 but I fully expect the yards and the TDs.

If the defense is above average, which is really an unknown at this point, with a coach like Andy Reid who has a phenomenal track record in the season, I absolutely expect a winning season. At this time though, I wouldnt be expecting to win the division or do anything in the playoffs.

Why are you so convinced that he will be an interception machine? He has never had a problem with interceptions in college or during his time with the Chiefs yet all you worry about is him cutting down his interceptions. Maybe you need to follow Alex to his next team so you won't have to worry about interceptions. Mahomes accuracy is crazy good, he won't throw a lot of interceptions!

staylor26
01-11-2018, 11:17 AM
On the plus side, you can see how much of a difference a good QB (with good coaching) can make - Goff, Wentz, Watson. So you have optimism for a quick turnaround.

Negative - Defense looks like a semi-rebuild, coaching needs tons of improvement and you have some new positional coaches, the QB needs a #1 WR

He has one :facepalm:

Chiefnj2
01-11-2018, 11:18 AM
He has one :facepalm:

Nope. A #1 WR doesn't drop half the balls thrown his way in the playoffs.

DRM08
01-11-2018, 11:20 AM

Tyreek is about 4 inches taller than Pat’s favorite receiver at Texas Tech, midget speedster Jakeem Grant (BAMF in his own right).

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 11:21 AM
5=10 for 33 yards, one first down before final drive in the second half and ZERO points. Titans had drops too. mariotta even threw a.....gulp.....pick.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 11:23 AM
Tyreek is about 4 inches taller than Pat’s favorite receiver at Texas Tech, midget speedster Jakeem Grant (BAMF in his own right).

ROFL

Pat got a 5-6/4.38 dude to rack up 3300 yards and 27 TD in college.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Tyreek Hill is going to be a flamethrower.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 11:24 AM
Why are you so convinced that he will be an interception machine? He has never had a problem with interceptions in college or during his time with the Chiefs yet all you worry about is him cutting down his interceptions. Maybe you need to follow Alex to his next team so you won't have to worry about interceptions. Mahomes accuracy is crazy good, he won't throw a lot of interceptions!
Did you watch his debut? He threw a horribly overthrown ball that was picked and made an awful decision that could have easily been another. That's not going to just magically disappear.

crayzkirk
I'm going to temper my expectations. Other first year QBs that had rocky starts include Elway, Aikman, Manning, Rodgers, Favre, etc. I'm so excited for the 2018 Chiefs that I feel like a kid on Christmas. One good thing is that if the Chiefs do really bad, they can draft better. Especially in today's NFL, high draft picks don't cost like they used to. Constantly drafting in the high 20s means that a lot of talent goes to other teams. Need a good BIG WR and someone that will remain healthy to help Houston on the other side.

He may be great and he might flame out. I'm just so happy we don't have another lather, rinse and repeat process of trying to win with someone else's expendable QB. The most important position on the field isn't something that a lot of teams simply give away.

Hammock Parties
Did you watch his debut? He threw a horribly overthrown ball that was picked and made an awful decision that could have easily been another. That's not going to just magically disappear.

Childish.

Coogs
01-11-2018, 11:26 AM
When was that? It certainly wasn't the pass to Harris on the last drive.

staylor26
01-11-2018, 11:27 AM

The guy just put up WR1 #’s in year two with a QB that struggles to get the ball to his wideouts consistently. You’re a fucking moron. Congratulations.

Also, half he balls thrown his way were dropped? That’s definitely bullshit considering he still finished with 7 catches for 87 yards.

DRM08
01-11-2018, 11:27 AM

10 degree weather which he has never played in before. Good experience for him all the way around, including the negative stuff.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 11:28 AM
Childish.
Realistic. You all seem to have painted Mahomes as some god of football that's going to lead us to the promised land instantly. That's just not going to be the case, most likely.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
01-11-2018, 11:31 AM

It will improve immensely once he gets a full summer to work with the starters. He did fantastic in his first start in frigid weather and playing with backups. Wait until September gets here and he's playing in 80 degree weather and has the first string offense to work with.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Realistic. You all seem to have painted Mahomes as some god of football that's going to lead us to the promised land instantly. That's just not going to be the case, most likely.

If the Chiefs can't fix their defense, Mahomes could throw for 5,000 yards and they would likely end up 7-9 or worse.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 11:34 AM
If the Chiefs can't fix their defense, Mahomes could throw for 5,000 yards and they would likely end up 7-9 or worse.

The defense is already fixed.

They allowed 18.3 PPG over the last eight games.

We're going to add two or three new starters and start face-raping people.

Coogs
01-11-2018, 11:35 AM

We could have in the neighborhood of $40,000000 to $50,000,000 to make some changes. Smith, DJ, Hali, and a few others who have been listed here. Plus a few draft picks. If we can't improve the defense, Veach may not be the man for the job of GM.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 11:38 AM
It will improve immensely once he gets a full summer to work with the starters. He did fantastic in his first start in frigid weather and playing with backups. Wait until September gets here and he's playing in 80 degree weather and has the first string offense to work with.
Yes, all things considered his debut was good. I'm not going to act like it was perfect. There's room for improvement. Luckily, Mahomes seems like the type of person and player who will flourish when given the proper tutelage.

RippedmyFlesh
01-11-2018, 11:45 AM
Home field advantage would have been awesome. We could have lost to New England, Pittsburgh, or Jacksonville this weekend instead.

The season would have lasted another week at least.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-11-2018, 11:47 AM

He'll throw for 4000 next year.

RunKC
01-11-2018, 11:47 AM

We desperately need a pass rush from someone not named Justin Houston or Chris Jones.

Rausch
01-11-2018, 11:48 AM
He won't be Alex, that's for sure...

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 11:49 AM
He won't be Alex, that's for sure...
Thank fucking god for that.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 11:57 AM

They gave up 18 unanswered points against the fucking shitty Titans.

Good grief.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 11:58 AM
We could have in the neighborhood of $40,000000 to $50,000,000 to make some changes. Smith, DJ, Hali, and a few others who have been listed here. Plus a few draft picks. If we can't improve the defense, Veach may not be the man for the job of GM.

LMAO

Have you LOOKED at the available free agents? It's a bad year.

And $40-$50 million? What the fuck?

On top of that, the Chiefs don't have a 1st or a 5th round pick so making a judgment like that about Veach would be fucking stupid.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 11:59 AM

Good grief.
Hey, we just didn't have adequate talent. Clay told me so.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 12:00 PM
We desperately need a pass rush from someone not named Justin Houston or Chris Jones.

And depth and better cornerbacks and safeties and defensive lineman and OLBers.

This defense needs a lot of new parts.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 12:00 PM

Good grief.

From my point of view, they were so dominant on defense for a half all the offense needed to do was get a FG in the second half to win.

We'll be fine.

hitchief
01-11-2018, 12:01 PM
well, i think its at least AFC championship game or bust.

We will have the most complete O in the Reid years.

We know have a qb that can see the entire field and will never miss a wide open wr.

We have a qb that can throw open wr's that don't get separation.

We have a qb that can and will take chances and make the tight throws into coverage.

We have a qb that will have more pocket presence and not get happy feet.

And we have a qb that the D wont stack the line to stop the run because they are afraid of his cannon arm.

All adds up to SB really. Cause we all know we only have to score more to win as the D is never to blame and holds down the score enough to win all of these games we've been losing in the playoffs. Don't see any other way to look at it really. I've been convinced and converted and have seen the light and cant wait for the promised land.

Now on to all your excuses which we were told don't hold any water.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 12:02 PM
From my point of view, they were so dominant on defense for a half all the offense needed to do was get a FG in the second half to win.

We'll be fine.

That's because your Point Of View is twisted and skewed.

The Chiefs gave up 18 points to a shitty offense and team that had been 1-3 in the month of December.

This defense has zero depth at ANY position and it's going to take more than one offseason for it to become a Top Ten, Championship caliber defense.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 12:03 PM

Next year?

LMAO

Dumb AF

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 12:04 PM

We'll be fine.
Alex Smith was dominant in the 1st half. Didn't mean fucking shit.

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 12:04 PM

We will have the most complete O in the Reid years.

We know have a qb that can see the entire field and will never miss a wide open wr.

We have a qb that can throw open wr's that don't get separation.

We have a qb that can and will take chances and make the tight throws into coverage.

We have a qb that will have more pocket presence and not get happy feet.

And we have a qb that the D wont stack the line to stop the run because they are afraid of his cannon arm.

All adds up to SB really. Cause we all know we only have to score more to win as the D is never to blame and holds down the score enough to win all of these games we've been losing in the playoffs. Don't see any other way to look at it really. I've been convinced and converted and have seen the light and cant wait for the promised land.

Now on to all your excuses which we were told don't hold any water.

don't be surprised if Mahomes matches and surpasses Alex's playoff wins in KC NEXT YEAR! he only needs ONE. Again, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.. Save your keystrokes.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-11-2018, 12:07 PM
I fully expect a bunch of people, mostly Alexsexuals, to go crazy every time Mahomes throws an INT.

'He doesn't manage the game properly!!!' They will scream...

pugsnotdrugs19
01-11-2018, 12:08 PM

That's hyperbole. The defense wasn't good this year and they still won 10, with a chance to win a few more on the final drives. They never really got whooped in a single game, other than maybe Dallas.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 12:13 PM
That's hyperbole.

Bull fucking shit.

The Titans mandhandled them in the second half of the playoff game and made them look like ragdolls.

They won 10 games because the AFC West fucking sucked ass this year, which is something I don't expect next year. Gruden is definitely a better coach than Del Rio and the Chargers went 9-7 while starting out 0-4.

This isn't going to be a cakewalk in 2018 and if the Chiefs can't make serious upgrades to their defense, they aren't winning shit in the postseason and maybe not even 7 games in the regular season.

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 12:13 PM
I fully expect a bunch of people, mostly Alexsexuals, to go crazy every time Mahomes throws an INT.

Just keep focused on that 1-4 playoff record, throw it in their faces EVERY time and shove it down their fucking throats.

ChiefsCountry
01-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Just keep focused on that 1-4 playoff record, throw it in their faces EVERY time and shove it down their ****ing throats.

You mean the all time playoff losing QB in Chiefs history - Alex Smith.

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 12:14 PM
I guarantee you that Brady, Ben and Brees have more career picks than Alex. but guess what? They have the rings. Maybe he can cuddle with his QBR trophy.....and his "lowest interception/perfect attendance" ribbon.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Bull ****ing shit.

The Titans mandhandled them in the second half of the playoff game and made them look like ragdolls.

They won 10 games because the AFC West ****ing sucked ass this year, which is something I don't expect next year. Gruden is definitely a better coach than Del Rio and the Chargers went 9-7 while starting out 0-4.

This isn't going to be a cakewalk in 2018 and if the Chiefs can't make serious upgrades to their defense, they aren't winning shit in the postseason and maybe not even 7 games in the regular season.

OK, well I'm sure they definitely aren't going to improve on defense, so may as well pack it in for 2018...

:shake:

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 12:15 PM
You mean the all time playoff losing QB in Chiefs history - Alex Smith.

That's all that matters, Chiefs won't get REAL respect until their playoff fates change.

Molitoth
01-11-2018, 12:17 PM
Bull ****ing shit.

They won 10 games because the AFC West ****ing sucked ass this year, which is something I don't expect next year. Gruden is definitely a better coach than Del Rio and the Chargers went 9-7 while starting out 0-4.

This is true. Sutton needs to go just as much as Alex.

tk13
01-11-2018, 12:19 PM
People should be excited. Mahomes has a tremendous amount of talent. Now when people get out there and say the Chiefs will dominate the AFC soon, that's a bit much, he could still bust. There's a long list of 1st round QBs who never reach their potential. But we have a talented QB and a coach who usually gets the most out of his QBs.

I do think you're going to see people start complaining about the defense. It's not a championship unit. Good defenses take it to the opposing offense. We've lost the last two playoff games in part because the defense is helpless against the run and the other team can control the clock in the second half. If you think the Steelers and Titans did that to keep Alex Smith off the field, they're sure going to do it for Mahomes. Just like game managers rarely win Super Bowls, so do teams with average or below average defenses.

iDeaL
01-11-2018, 12:24 PM

Didn't the first ball that Reek "dropped" that all of the Alex ballwashers are complaining about doink off of his back shoulder? That means it was a poor throw. A better throw and its a TD there. And remember, Antonio Brown wasn't really Antonio Brown until like his 4th year in the league. He had a 1000 yd season in his 2nd year (similar to Reek), but only 2 TDs. He then fell off a little bit in his 3rd year (only played 13 games... not sure if he got hurt or what) and exploded in his 4th, never looking back.

I think Hill can be AB. He has shown as much or MORE promise than AB did early in his career. Both are of similar stature and are converted college RBs. Reek has a similar skillset but is faster. I'm so excited for what he is going to become in the future.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowAn04.htm

Graystoke
01-11-2018, 12:40 PM
Next year?

LMAO

Dumb AF

I have to agree. Our schedule is brutal.

Rausch
01-11-2018, 12:43 PM
I have to agree. Our schedule is brutal.

So we might actually be tested and have to earn it?

I'm game...

RunKC
01-11-2018, 12:47 PM
And depth and better cornerbacks and safeties and defensive lineman and OLBers.

This defense needs a lot of new parts.

Yup. It blows my mind that Daniel Sorenson, Terrance Mitchell, Dee Ford and Ron Parker looked worse this year.

Hell did anybody that was here last season get better this year?! Maybe Chris Jones?

That’s fucking coaching

Rausch
01-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Yup. It blows my mind that Daniel Sorenson, Terrance Mitchell, Dee Ford and Ron Parker looked worse this year.

:spock:

Chiefnj2
01-11-2018, 12:51 PM

We need a pass rush from Justin Houston, especially in the playoffs.

BlackOp
01-11-2018, 12:51 PM
One thing to consider...Mahomes wont be in a conference with 3 HOF QBs. Two of which have powerful owners.

This post season QB pool consisted of Taylor, Bortles, Mariota and Smith...Brady/Ben are almost done. Manning is gone...

The AFC is shaping up to be pretty QB deficient.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 12:52 PM

Hell did anybody that was here last season get better this year?! Maybe Chris Jones?

That’s fucking coaching

I think that like Seattle has done this month, it's time for wholesale changes on the defensive side of the ball.

The message is stale and old. The young guys just aren't improving and the old guys are just getting older.

Plus, why the fuck wasn't Tanoh on the field Saturday? He kicked ass against Denver and I don't even recall seeing him once.

Sutton, Gibbs, Reid's kid (Pipe dream, I know) and a few others need to go.

Edit: Yep, Tanoh had zero defensive snap counts. Holy fucking hell.

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Snap-Counts-A-Look-at-the-Playtime-Percentages-from-Saturdays-Loss/4cef3704-2a90-41e5-8472-4977fb20f4a2

Rausch
01-11-2018, 12:55 PM
We need a pass rush from Justin Houston, especially in the playoffs.

Hey, ASSHOLE!

HE'S A FUCKING LB!

HE DOESN'T JUST HIDE YOUR WIFE'S PRODUCTS AND MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER!

HE COVERS, BLITZES, RUN BLITZES, PLAYS MAN, AND RUSHES.

AT A FUCKING PRO BOWL LEVEL...

Beef Supreme
01-11-2018, 12:57 PM

Good grief.

How is the unanswered part the defenses fault?

iDeaL
01-11-2018, 12:59 PM
One thing to consider...Mahomes wont be in a conference with 3 HOF QBs. Two of which have powerful owners.

This post season QB pool consisted of Taylor, Bortles, Mariota and Smith...Brady/Ben are almost done. Manning is gone...

The AFC is shaping up to be pretty QB deficient.

Mahomes/Watson rivalry could be a new thing in the next 3 to 5 years.

The Franchise
01-11-2018, 01:00 PM
I think that like Seattle has done this month, it's time for wholesale changes on the defensive side of the ball.

The message is stale and old. The young guys just aren't improving and the old guys are just getting older.

Plus, why the fuck wasn't Tanoh on the field Saturday? He kicked ass against Denver and I don't even recall seeing him once.

Edit: Yep, Tanoh had zero defensive snap counts. Holy fucking hell.

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Snap-Counts-A-Look-at-the-Playtime-Percentages-from-Saturdays-Loss/4cef3704-2a90-41e5-8472-4977fb20f4a2

I fucking hate Sutton.

Rausch
01-11-2018, 01:01 PM
How is the unanswered part the defenses fault?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/a79Jr229u3bzO" width="480" height="287" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/a79Jr229u3bzO">via GIPHY</a></p>

pugsnotdrugs19
01-11-2018, 01:03 PM
I hate Sutton's scheme, but if he's still here on Monday... it's over

RunKC
01-11-2018, 01:04 PM

Plus, why the **** wasn't Tanoh on the field Saturday? He kicked ass against Denver and I don't even recall seeing him once.

Edit: Yep, Tanoh had zero defensive snap counts. Holy ****ing hell.

I agree with you 100% Dane, but if it hasn’t happened by now, I don’t think it will.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 01:07 PM
Wow, Kpassagnon just took Denver's 1st round lineman to the woodshed the week prior. Is he so fucking old he's already lost short term memory?

Rausch
01-11-2018, 01:08 PM
I agree with you 100% Dane, but if it hasn’t happened by now, I don’t think it will.

Not happening.

Ok, lets all move on...

temper11
01-11-2018, 01:10 PM

Interesting. I think I wrote a post almost exactly like this when the Niners drafted Smith. Niners didn't have the same drought of drafted QB's that the Chiefs did, but the expectations on this kid were so phenomenally, unrealistically high. And he didn't get the "red-shirt" year that Mahomes has had. I can only explain my continued fandom of his to the fact that at this point, he does almost feel like an adopted son to me.

Be careful, you may become what you despise most. Me.

There probably couldn't have been a better person to be in Mahomes ear all year about how to handle that pressure than Alex Smith. Hopefully, for his own sake, he'll be a smashing success.

The Franchise
01-11-2018, 01:10 PM
Wow, Kpassagnon just took Denver's 1st round lineman to the woodshed the week prior. Is he so fucking old he's already lost short term memory?

Sutton and Reid would rather put lesser talented players out on the field instead of having a rookie make a mistake and learning.

Chiefnj2
01-11-2018, 01:12 PM
Hey, ASSHOLE!

HE'S A ****ING LB!

HE DOESN'T JUST HIDE YOUR WIFE'S PRODUCTS AND MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER!

HE COVERS, BLITZES, RUN BLITZES, PLAYS MAN, AND RUSHES.

AT A ****ING PRO BOWL LEVEL...

2 pressures on 29 pass rushes against the Titans. He needs to step up and play at his level of pay when the team needs him. Von Miller did it.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 01:12 PM
Not happening.

Ok, lets all move on...
LMAO, not a chance in hell. If we can all endure 5 seasons of bitching about Alex Smith, we can do the same for an off-season of Bob Sutton and his shittiness

Chiefnj2
01-11-2018, 01:14 PM
I'm looking forward to reading the board next year with the Smith/Mahomes reversal.

temper11
01-11-2018, 01:15 PM
So now the work of lowering expectations begins...

It's important work, and absolutely should be done for the sake of Mahomes himself. He's a 22 year old KID.

threebag
01-11-2018, 01:22 PM
The season would have lasted another week at least.

Supposedly the season isn't over yet...

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 01:26 PM
It's important work, and absolutely should be done for the sake of Mahomes himself. He's a 22 year old KID.

The expectations couldn't BE any lower.

If he delivers a lofty TWO playoff wins in five years it will be the most fucking glorious time this franchise has known since Joe Montana.

temper11
01-11-2018, 01:28 PM

We'll be fine.

You could just as easily say that they were so dominant on offense for a half all the defense needed to do was get a stop in the second half to win.

temper11
01-11-2018, 01:30 PM
If he delivers a lofty TWO playoff wins in five years it will be the most ****ing glorious time this franchise has known since Joe Montana.

why?

So if the Chiefs had won last Saturday and delivered a second playoff win CP would have been completely satisfied and happy?

temper11
01-11-2018, 01:32 PM

The expectations couldn't be lower? You just said a few posts back that you expect Mahomes to clear 30 td's easily with all the offensive talent he has around him. Another post just threw out that all he has to do is average a measly 285 yards a game for 15 games to match that of Smith's season....

Maybe he is able to accomplish that. I really have no idea. But I do think the expectations can be a bit lower.

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 01:33 PM
why?

So if the Chiefs had won last Saturday and delivered a second playoff win CP would have been completely satisfied and happy?

:hmmm:

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 01:35 PM
why?

Who gives a shit. Take your stupid buttfucking hypotheticals and shove them up your game-manager loving ass.

And even IF Mahomes doesn't deliver ANY playoff wins in five years (you know, like Alex did for SIX), he'll only be 27 and will have plenty of time to get it right. A FAR preferable situation than trading for yet another 30-year old with a limp arm.

New World Order
01-11-2018, 01:37 PM
How many touchdowns did Alex Smith throw in his first year as a starter?

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 01:38 PM
The expectations couldn't be lower? You just said a few posts back that you expect Mahomes to clear 30 td's easily with all the offensive talent he has around him. Another post just threw out that all he has to do is average a measly 285 yards a game for 15 games to match that of Smith's season....

Maybe he is able to accomplish that. I really have no idea. But I do think the expectations can be a bit lower.

Who gives a shit about stats.

Tribal Warfare
01-11-2018, 01:41 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sportingnews.com/amp/nfl/news/kansas-city-chiefs-wide-receivers-touchdowns-catches-stats-numbers-alex-smith-season-andy-reid-dwayne-bowe-draft-pick/qmu6r9407mvu12jacatqk9c4m

Don't forget this chestnut

New World Order
01-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Alex's "breakout" season was throwing 17 tds and 5 interceptions.

How Chad Pennington Pathetic-esque is this?

RunKC
01-11-2018, 01:44 PM

What high expectations? The Chiefs just took another massive shit on their fans. I can see how this could be true if the Chiefs somehow made it to the AFC Championship game, but as of right now everybody is pissed.

The QB change HAS to happen.

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 01:46 PM

Did Alex Smith get to sit behind Alex Smith for a year under the same circumstances (a winning team with an offensive minded coach)? Do you even think before you speak? C'mon man!

New World Order
01-11-2018, 01:47 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/www.sportingnews.com/amp/nfl/news/kansas-city-chiefs-wide-receivers-touchdowns-catches-stats-numbers-alex-smith-season-andy-reid-dwayne-bowe-draft-pick/qmu6r9407mvu12jacatqk9c4m

Don't forget this chestnut

I forgot about that.

Unreal how anyone is a fan of this clown

Coogs
01-11-2018, 01:47 PM
LMAO

Have you LOOKED at the available free agents? It's a bad year.

And $40-$50 million? What the ****?

On top of that, the Chiefs don't have a 1st or a 5th round pick so making a judgment like that about Veach would be ****ing stupid.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/

$33,000,000 from just Smith, DJ, and Hali. Smith is supposed to fetch us some picks from what I have been reading.

New World Order
01-11-2018, 01:50 PM
Did Alex Smith get to sit behind Alex Smith for a year under the same circumstances (a winning team with an offensive minded coach)? Do you even think before you speak? C'mon man!

Mahomes looked just as ready during the preseason as he did in his first regular season start vs. Denver.

temper11
01-11-2018, 01:50 PM
Didn't the first ball that Reek "dropped" that all of the Alex ballwashers are complaining about doink off of his back shoulder? That means it was a poor throw.

ROFL

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Mahomes looked just as ready during the preseason as he did in his first regular season start vs. Denver.

Well that proves what I was alluding to, their circumstances weren't the same. One team hired a whole new coaching staff and had to implement a new playbook and the other didn't. :shake:

temper11
01-11-2018, 01:58 PM
Who gives a shit. Take your stupid butt****ing hypotheticals and shove them up your game-manager loving ass.

ohhh... you're so impressive when you say mean things!

And even IF Mahomes doesn't deliver ANY playoff wins in five years (you know, like Alex did for SIX), he'll only be 27 and will have plenty of time to get it right. A FAR preferable situation than trading for yet another 30-year old with a limp arm.

What is your point. I'm simply arguing on the side of lowering expectations, and with it the pressure, put on the kid - FOR HIS SAKE. So he can be what you all want him to be. If he over performs your lowered expectations, GREAT.

temper11
01-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Who gives a shit about stats.

Well CP did, until Smith put up impressive stats. I'm not sure if you all care about them now or not. Still trying to get a sense for that.

temper11
01-11-2018, 02:03 PM
What high expectations? The Chiefs just took another massive shit on their fans. I can see how this could be true if the Chiefs somehow made it to the AFC Championship game, but as of right now everybody is pissed.

The QB change HAS to happen.

I agree with you that the QB change has to happen. If you don't think fans have unrealistic expectations on Mahomes, you should re-read some of the threads around here.

And again, he may meet them or even surpass them... I have no idea. I didn't watch a snap of his until the Denver game. But you lose nothing by tapping down your expectations a bit and relieving some of the pressure that comes with a fan base who have put the last hundred years of waiting for THEIR QBOTF to come along.

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 02:05 PM

If he delivers a lofty TWO playoff wins in five years it will be the most ****ing glorious time this franchise has known since Joe Montana.

Thems the facts folks. Let that shit sink in.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 02:08 PM
What is your point.

That Chiefs football have one.

It hasn't for 25 years.

temper11
01-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Thems the facts folks. Let that shit sink in.

How long had it been since anyone before Smith delivered 1 lofty playoff win? That didn't seem to appease the mob for more than 5 minutes.

ptlyon
01-11-2018, 02:10 PM
How long had it been since anyone before Smith delivered 1 lofty playoff win? That didn't seem to appease the mob for more than 5 minutes.

And it shouldn't

temper11
01-11-2018, 02:11 PM
And it shouldn't

OK. Then the folks arguing that all Mahomes needs to do is win 2 and everyone is rainbows and sunshine are....?

MMXcalibur
01-11-2018, 02:12 PM
My body is ready for Mahomes.
I (and a lot of us) need this.

A franchise quarterback is something we've never had and I'm THIIIISSSSSSSSSSS close to spending money on the Chiefs by getting a Mahomes jersey despite the abortion that happened last Saturday.

temper11
01-11-2018, 02:12 PM
That Chiefs football have one.

It hasn't for 25 years.

You're right... expectations for Mahomes can't be any lower. ROFL

Listen... if you all come into this with the attitude of "hey we have not drafted a QB for a 1000 years, so we are going to give this dude plenty of space and time" great. If you come at it with "OMG, he's a God and is going to rape faces in ways that no QB has ever raped faces in the history of the NFL", which is what is being said around here, you are doing him a disservice.

Jesus... I can't do this twice. This is how I came to be such a defender of Smith. Good luck Mahomes, but someone else is going to have to have your back on this one.

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 02:13 PM
Opposing QBs in 2 chiefs home playoff wins

Todd Marinovich
Brian Hoyer

Most times, KC had the inferior QB, look it up and only Bono and Harbaugh or close. Bono was garbage and was garbage in the worst one of all, the the kicker that shall go unnamedt game.

I think I will be sporting a Mahomes jersey next year and beyond.

jaa1025
01-11-2018, 02:20 PM
Admittedly, I probably have unrealistic expectations next year for Mahomes. But to lower those down a bit I see no reason why he can't have better stats in his first year than 4 out of 5 years of Alex Smith in a Chiefs uniform. I expect him to throw more INT's, but not something ridiculous like some are predicting.

My unrealistic expectation next year: 4400 yards, 30 TD, 10 INT, 62% completion
More realistic yet optimistic: 3900 yards, 25 TD, 13 INT, 60% completion

https://i.imgur.com/PiNqjkv.jpg

I think the playoffs are possible, even with that schedule...and depending on what happens with the defense and the rest of the division.

ptlyon
01-11-2018, 02:26 PM
OK. Then the folks arguing that all Mahomes needs to do is win 2 and everyone is rainbows and sunshine are....?

It's not the destination, the point is it's an improvement from over 20 years.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 02:27 PM
You're right... expectations for Mahomes can't be any lower. ROFL

You don't fucking get it.

If the Chiefs go 7-9 and Mahomes throws 20 picks I don't give a shit, if he's showing the ability to do things that will eventually win in the postseason for us.

There are going to be ups and downs. All I ask is a spark of hope.

Smith never gave us one. NEVER. He came CLOSE and then turned into the same old cuck against Pittsburgh in Week 6. Anyone who watched that knew it was over.

temper11
01-11-2018, 02:27 PM
It's not the destination, the point is it's an improvement from over 20 years.

So was Smith's 1 win and that wasn't nearly good enough to satisfy anyone.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 02:28 PM
So was Smith's 1 win and that wasn't nearly good enough to satisfy anyone.

That's because most recognized it as fool's gold. As was Marty's one playoff win before Montana.

Easy 6
01-11-2018, 02:28 PM

I'm not sure you've actually watched the Chiefs this year

He is a true #1 eight days a week

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 02:29 PM
Admittedly, I probably have unrealistic expectations next year for Mahomes. But to lower those down a bit I see no reason why he can't have better stats in his first year than 4 out of 5 years of Alex Smith in a Chiefs uniform. I expect him to throw more INT's, but not something ridiculous like some are predicting.

My unrealistic expectation next year: 4400 yards, 30 TD, 10 INT, 62% completion
More realistic yet optimistic: 3900 yards, 25 TD, 13 INT, 60% completion

https://i.imgur.com/PiNqjkv.jpg

I think the playoffs are possible, even with that schedule...and depending on what happens with the defense and the rest of the division.

Let’s face it Chiefs weren’t gonna win shit even if they beat the Titans. The defense allowed the Raiders, Texans, and Jets hang 30 plus on them. Better hope there are some major changes on that side of the ball.

temper11
01-11-2018, 02:29 PM
You don't ****ing get it.

If the Chiefs go 7-9 and Mahomes throws 20 picks I don't give a shit, if he's showing the ability to do things that will eventually win in the postseason for us.

Ok... good. I wont' be around, but if things are rocky... things go south in a hurry with the fans. Especially when expectations are as high as they are going in. I wish the kid good luck and hope he plays well.

ptlyon
01-11-2018, 02:30 PM
Jesus... I can't do this twice. This is how I came to be such a defender of Smith. Good luck Mahomes, but someone else is going to have to have your back on this one.

Don't worry cupcake, you won't be around to have to defend anything. Your join date and moniker tells us that you are only an Alex Smith fan and not a Chiefs fan. You will be gone when Alex is.

BigCatDaddy
01-11-2018, 02:31 PM
Took my 9 year old to the Bills game. He wont go back until PM2 takes over.

kepp
01-11-2018, 02:33 PM
Its probably already been said, but I fully expect to love-hate Mahomes for a couple of seasons...and I've decided to be OK with it. He's a gunslinger and he will make mistakes because of it. And those mistakes will cost the Chiefs games at times. But I'd rather have a QB who is a competitor and confident than one who would just as soon panic and curl up in the fetal position waiting to be sacked.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 02:34 PM
I wont' be around,

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2013-10/enhanced/webdr03/31/16/anigif_enhanced-buzz-20783-1383250965-10.gif

TLO
01-11-2018, 02:36 PM
I'm so sick of Alex Smith discussion

notorious
01-11-2018, 02:40 PM

Big armed QBs like to show off their talents. He will force some throws. He will get burned.

He will also have the firepower to throw the Chiefs right back into a win. That’s where the difference is.

temper11
01-11-2018, 02:41 PM
Don't worry cupcake, you won't be around to have to defend anything. Your join date and moniker tells us that you are only an Alex Smith fan and not a Chiefs fan. You will be gone when Alex is.

ROFL

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 02:42 PM
He will also have the firepower to throw the Chiefs right back into a win.

http://i.imgur.com/45eKVOg.gif

BryanBusby
01-11-2018, 02:42 PM
Cya later Smith dick lickers

Easy 6
01-11-2018, 02:43 PM
I can understand Mellinger trying to temper some of the more wild eyed expectations, for those who have them, but the truth is I'm pretty sure most of us realize there will be ups and downs

Yet if he can replicate the Denver game with any kind of consistency, there will be many more ups than downs

The kid looked ready for prime time in just about every single way...

Looked comfortable under center
Called out his protections
Read the coverages
Showed he could work within the pocket
Was accurate under heavy pressure
Won with no glitzy bomb or crazy fluke plays, just consistently completed bread and butter short to intermediate throws

Pro football is definitely not too big for him

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 02:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/45eKVOg.gif

Because a gif a Favre, proves that he will. ROFL

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 02:45 PM
Because a gif a Favre, proves that he will. ROFL

Mahomes can make that kind of play.

God damn Arrowhead would lose it's sick fucking twisted mind over this. Mitch Holthus' would end up in the hospital.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pgxSzxIxPrY?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ptlyon
01-11-2018, 02:48 PM
Arrowhead should set up a stroke triage unit like the eagles have a jail

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 02:48 PM

God damn Arrowhead would lose it's sick ****ing twisted mind over this. Mitch Holthus' would end up in the hospital.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pgxSzxIxPrY?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Who's gonna catch that and come down with it, Albert Wilson?

notorious
01-11-2018, 02:50 PM
Favre is as close to a comparison to Mahomes as there is. Warren Moon did some things that remind me of him too.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Man this whole drive is almost nothing but Favre ad-libbing.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XUfzoVJLpYo?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No whining about the defense, or how Favre had no timeouts, or the OL sucked or bla bla bla...

...just balling the fuck out and winning the goddamn game because of the QB.

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Kelce?

notorious
01-11-2018, 02:52 PM
Dave Krieg, Jay Cutler......

temper11
01-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Man this whole drive is almost nothing but Favre ad-libbing.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XUfzoVJLpYo?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No whining about the defense, or how Favre had no timeouts, or the OL sucked or bla bla bla...

...just balling the **** out and winning the goddamn game because of the QB.

ha ha ha.. you keep talking about how the expectations can't be lower for Mahomes and then throw up a gif of "the miracle pass" from a HOF QB to win the game with 10 seconds and no time outs from mid field when his protection broke down and say,... "gee this sure looks like Mahomes to me!"

The same Mahomes that when listed as a potential draft choice for the chiefs... you were "pass".

You're hilarious dude.

Dave Lane
01-11-2018, 02:54 PM

Totally this. I'm going to really try hard not to crow too much or criticize too much for two years. By then we should know which direction the arrow is pointing.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 02:55 PM
What? Mahomes has already shown an ability to make throws like that IN THE NFL.

You're obtuse. Just go away. We have our QB, we're flushing yours down the toilet with the rest of the turds.

DRM08
01-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Favre is as close to a comparison to Mahomes as there is. Warren Moon did some things that remind me of him too.

The 15-20 yard missile when that guy was wrapped around his legs felt like a Big Ben play. Brute strength in both arm and legs.

temper11
01-11-2018, 02:56 PM

Tyrek can make that catch. He had a rough playoff game for sure, but he can become that player.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 02:57 PM
The 15-20 yard missile when that guy was wrapped around his legs felt like a Big Ben play. Brute strength in both arm and legs.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/big-ben-touchdown-pass-against-cleveland-b.gif?w=640

Sassy Squatch
01-11-2018, 02:58 PM
Has the literal strongest arm in recorded history. Or at least he can throw a football the fastest.

Discuss Thrower
01-11-2018, 02:59 PM
What expectations?

70% of the fanbase is content with play-not-to-lose Martyball bullshit.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 03:02 PM
https://i0.wp.com/www.visualboom.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/1514251603_462_top-highlights-from-the-steelers-christmas-day-win-against-the-texans.gif?w=696&ssl=1

Tribal Warfare
01-11-2018, 03:03 PM
Cya later Smith dick lickers

The Cuckening

https://media2.giphy.com/media/4MgbUAaVrvT4k/giphy.gif

ChiefsCountry
01-11-2018, 03:15 PM

Elway

Mile High Mania
01-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Elway

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Ron-Swanson-giggling1.gif

DRM08
01-11-2018, 03:22 PM
Elway

Saw some Bronco fans comparing them. Sucks for them to have Lynch instead.

Mile High Mania
01-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Saw some Bronco fans comparing them. Sucks for them to have Lynch instead.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-g4P9b9CAuwQ/VkKnUnXrDnI/AAAAAAAAKM8/vAibZqUYxvQ/s1600/mcenroe-ohoh_zpsuai7ovv7.gif%257Eoriginal.gif

https://media.tenor.com/images/3a55cc984de47a943db52bd685a01055/tenor.gif

DRM08
01-11-2018, 03:28 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-g4P9b9CAuwQ/VkKnUnXrDnI/AAAAAAAAKM8/vAibZqUYxvQ/s1600/mcenroe-ohoh_zpsuai7ovv7.gif%257Eoriginal.gif

ROFL

Y’all gonna land Cousins?

Easy 6
01-11-2018, 03:29 PM

Mahomes > the best attributes of all your guys taken from them and formed into a new player

Dave Lane
01-11-2018, 03:29 PM
What expectations?

70% of the fanbase is content with play-not-to-lose Martyball bullshit.

This is the desires of the true fan. Hopefully Mahomes can purge us of such desires.

DRM08
01-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Mahomes > the best attributes of all your guys taken from them and formed into a new player

Yep. Hybrid of Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Big Ben, Elway, Marino, Cutler, Stafford, and I’ll throw in Rivers since they are both very accurate with shitty mechanics.

RunKC
01-11-2018, 03:33 PM

Smith never gave us one. NEVER. He came CLOSE and then turned into the same old cuck against Pittsburgh in Week 6. Anyone who watched that knew it was over.

If Mahomes is the real deal, the Chiefs will be in the AFCCG for years once Big Ben and Brady retire.

That’s the beauty of this. By the time Mahomes is a seasoned veteran in 2 or so years, the old guard will be gone and the AFC will be ripe for the taking.

Mile High Mania
01-11-2018, 03:33 PM
ROFL

Y’all gonna land Cousins?

https://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/8552.gif

Dave Lane
01-11-2018, 03:34 PM
http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Ron-Swanson-giggling1.gif

You are totally right Mahomes ceiling is much higher than Elway.

Mile High Mania
01-11-2018, 03:34 PM
Yep. Hybrid of Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Big Ben, Elway, Marino, Cutler, Stafford, and I’ll throw in Rivers since they are both very accurate with shitty mechanics.

Damn, didn't realize he captured a little piece of all those guys...

http://78.media.tumblr.com/9d5d5980d4ef224fd58087ba3e4a3080/tumblr_oumura4v5H1sc0ffqo4_400.gif

Mile High Mania
01-11-2018, 03:37 PM
You are totally right Mahomes ceiling is much higher than Elway.

https://media.giphy.com/media/hqOl7UJOVZJUk/giphy.gif

DRM08
01-11-2018, 03:39 PM
Damn, didn't realize he captured a little piece of all those guys...

http://78.media.tumblr.com/9d5d5980d4ef224fd58087ba3e4a3080/tumblr_oumura4v5H1sc0ffqo4_400.gif

Probably mostly Cutler in the end, which would be a very solid career.

Mile High Mania
01-11-2018, 03:41 PM
Probably mostly Cutler in the end, which would be a very solid career.

And, that's a good thing? So KC just drafted Cutler?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LivePleasantJunco-size_restricted.gif

DRM08
01-11-2018, 03:45 PM
And, that's a good thing? So KC just drafted Cutler?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LivePleasantJunco-size_restricted.gif

Not necessarily a good thing for KC but would be good for Pat if he has that kind of career. He has a much better personality than Cutler though, so that does give him off the charts potential. Cutler had the physical tools and was a shitty teammate.

Mile High Mania
01-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Not necessarily a good thing for KC but would be good for Pat if he has that kind of career. He has a much better personality than Cutler though, so that does give him off the charts potential. Cutler had the physical tools and was a shitty teammate.

Without question... such a piss poor attitude.

Shag
01-11-2018, 03:57 PM
Opposing QBs in 2 chiefs home playoff wins

Todd Marinovich
Brian Hoyer

Most times, KC had the inferior QB, look it up and only Bono and Harbaugh or close. Bono was garbage and was garbage in the worst one of all, the the kicker that shall go unnamedt game.

I think I will be sporting a Mahomes jersey next year and beyond.

Hoyer was on the road. Neil O'Donnell was the other one.

New World Order
01-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Well that proves what I was alluding to, their circumstances weren't the same. One team hired a whole new coaching staff and had to implement a new playbook and the other didn't. :shake:

No, it just means that Mahomes is much much much more superior.

CoMoChief
01-11-2018, 04:06 PM
Id expect Mahomes, with a good OL and the weapons around him, could put up 3500yds, 23TDs, 15INTs.

Youll see great things to come and youll see some boneheaded shit that may lose the Chiefs some games. Chiefs have a tough schedule next year, they very well may miss the playoffs because of his play and growing pains.

But he doesnt get jittery in the pocket, he keeps eyes downfield, he has the arm to make any throw and he knows it, and hes a competitor that wants to win. This guy was a pitcher growing up, which means he loves to throw and show off the arm and he wants to dominate. Thats what pitching is ultimately all about. Hell take that attitude into a starting NFL gig and he'll dare teams to beat his arm. Hell want to throw and light up the scoreboard, and if Hunt continues to kickass with Ware coming back hopefully in good condition etc, theres no reason why he cant put up good numbers.

All those things to be excited for. Alex Smith doesnt have that dare to beat my arm mentality. He doesmt throw deep well, and holds onto the ball or checks down because hes afraid to make a throw. That will be a big difference you will see less 3 n outs with Mahomes.

New World Order
01-11-2018, 04:12 PM

God damn Arrowhead would lose it's sick ****ing twisted mind over this. Mitch Holthus' would end up in the hospital.

We would all be in the ER with 105+ fevers

RippedmyFlesh
01-11-2018, 04:15 PM
hunt a healthy ware, west that is a lot of help for a young qb.
I may be a homer but that has to be one of the league's best trios.

BigCatDaddy
01-11-2018, 04:15 PM
Id expect Mahomes, with a good OL and the weapons around him, could put up 3500yds, 23TDs, 15INTs.

Youll see great things to come and youll see some boneheaded shit that may lose the Chiefs some games. Chiefs have a tough schedule next year, they very well may miss the playoffs because of his play and growing pains.

But he doesnt get jittery in the pocket, he keeps eyes downfield, he has the arm to make any throw and he knows it, and hes a competitor that wants to win. This guy was a pitcher growing up, which means he loves to throw and show off the arm and he wants to dominate. Thats what pitching is ultimately all about. Hell take that attitude into a starting NFL gig and he'll dare teams to beat his arm. Hell want to throw and light up the scoreboard, and if Hunt continues to kickass with Ware coming back hopefully in good condition etc, theres no reason why he cant put up good numbers.

All those things to be excited for. Alex Smith doesnt have that dare to beat my arm mentality. He doesmt throw deep well, and holds onto the ball or checks down because hes afraid to make a throw. That will be a big difference you will see less 3 n outs with Mahomes.

You are going to be happily suprised with those expectations.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 04:19 PM

No one is guaranteed to be healthy on this Chiefs team, as we've seen over and over and over again

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 04:20 PM
Hoyer was on the road. Neil O'Donnell was the other one.

that is correct, point still stands.

siberian khatru
01-11-2018, 04:22 PM
We would all be in the ER with priapism.

FYP

Pablo
01-11-2018, 04:46 PM

Uh, I means that's a low bar to set there. I just don't see him putting those kind of numbers up, even in a rookie campaign.

I'll go with 4,100 yards, 31TD's and 14 INT's. 10-6 record. Home playoff WIN.

tmax63
01-11-2018, 04:57 PM

If he throws 20 picks then he's not showing anything to put your blind faith in.

iDeaL
01-11-2018, 05:00 PM
If he throws 20 picks then he's not showing anything to put your blind faith in.

Manning threw 28 picks in his first year. Were people doubting his potential?

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 05:02 PM

Still haven't learned shit after all these years, huh lil Chiefy?

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/38a3176b32b8874805329b9b54252b9155cc62f4/c=0-0-1467-1956&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/2017/10/04/INGroup/Indianapolis/636427242906239503-BRONCOS-COLTS-NAD111.jpg

Shag
01-11-2018, 05:03 PM

56 pass TDs to go with them. Fuck Manning.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Uh, I means that's a low bar to set there. I just don't see him putting those kind of numbers up, even in a rookie campaign.

If Mahomes throws 14 INT's, the Chiefs won't likely win even 7 games with this defense.

They won 10 this year with Alex Smith throwing only 5 INT's and more than 4,000 yards.

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 05:08 PM

All great pass catchers too. They should think about converting West into a HB/Slot Receiver. Mahomes will have some crazy weapons around him. If they can find a true #1 WR and go through the season without any major injuries, everything would be set for the young QB to succeed.

Dave Lane
01-11-2018, 05:09 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/hqOl7UJOVZJUk/giphy.gif

Is Elway gonna strap em back on? I mean it makes sense he's still probably better than anything you have. But yes Mahome's ceiling is higher, doesn't mean he will get there but it IS a fact mostly because he has his career in front of him instead of behind him.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 05:10 PM
If Mahomes throws 14 INT's, the Chiefs won't likely win even 7 games with this defense.

They won 10 this year with Alex Smith throwing only 5 INT's and more than 4,000 yards.

The D was a huge factor in getting this team from 6-6 to 10-6.

sedated
01-11-2018, 05:10 PM
Lol @ one local media hack.

"All these people who wanted Mahomes so bad are now hedging their bets - 'he might struggle at first'"

"Alex Smith was healthy for at least 16 games every year. Mahomes could be injury prone, that's an unknown. Biggest part of being a good player is being available to play"

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Lol @ one local media hack.

"All these people who wanted Mahomes so bad are now hedging their bets - 'he might struggle at first'"

"Alex Smith was healthy for at least 16 games every year. Mahomes could be injury prone, that's an unknown. Biggest part of being a good player is being available to play"

"What good is a rocket arm if I'm always injured and watching games from Ma'home?"

PM

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 05:15 PM
The D was a huge factor in getting this team from 6-6 to 10-6.

It was also a huge factor in losing Saturday, far more than the offense

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 05:16 PM
The D was a huge factor in getting an early exit in the playoffs.

Fixed.

Pablo
01-11-2018, 05:16 PM
"What good is a rocket arm if I'm always injured and watching games from Ma'home?"

PMWhat good is a brain if you don't use it?

I'm sure you'll enjoy your next stop in Cleveland, or Zona or whatever shit spots Smiff lands in. Have fun!

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 05:19 PM
What good is a brain if you don't use it?

I'm sure you'll enjoy your next stop in Cleveland, or Zona or whatever shit spots Smiff lands in. Have fun!

That was almost as good as, wait no it's not. ROFL

Coogs
01-11-2018, 05:20 PM
It was also a huge factor in losing Saturday, far more than the offense

It was pretty equal.

CoMoChief
01-11-2018, 05:24 PM

Winston went 22-15, 4000yds

Your numbers are probowler numbers.

I think hell get there one day, maybe yr2 as a starter. But not next yr. If he does great, but those numbers you mentioned are even better than Trent Greens best season.

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2018, 05:26 PM
It was pretty equal.

LMAO

Bullshit. The offense didn't turn over the ball. They didn't score (Butker got the yips) but the defense couldn't stop Derek Henry or the Titans shitty offense while yielding 18 points.

If you think that's "pretty equal", you might need to see a neurologist.

Coogs
01-11-2018, 05:29 PM
LMAO

Bullshit. The offense didn't turn over the ball. They didn't score (Butker got the yips) but the defense couldn't stop Derek Henry or the Titans shitty offense while yielding 18 points.

:shrug:

They both sucked from the way it looked on my TV.

ARROW2
01-11-2018, 05:32 PM
Alex couldn't exploit a shitty secondary when they went zone

JENKINSWINS
01-11-2018, 05:34 PM
:shrug:

They both sucked from the way it looked on my TV.

The Titans didn't punt once. In the 3rd Qtr the Chiefs had one offensive possession, one! The defense got dominated while the offense made some unfortunate mistakes (missed fg, drops, etc.).

CoMoChief
01-11-2018, 05:36 PM
LMAO

I dont think its any 1 more than the other.

Defense couldnt stop shit

The offense couldnt score a single pt.

Coaches couldnt coach

Refs couldnt ref

Another epic Chiefs playoff collapse at Camarohead

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 05:37 PM
The defense gave up a TD on a fluke play.

The offense just flat out sucked, was also gifted a turnover, and did nothing with it.

The offense was just as responsible in the second half, especially given that they had the game in their hands to win right at the end.

staylor26
01-11-2018, 05:39 PM
LMAO

I don’t think that’s fair at all Dane.

The defense, like the offense, was great in the first half, should’ve shut them out in the half and finish the game with two turnovers if it weren’t for that terrible call.

The defense was probably worse in the second half, but it’s hard to give the offense much more of a break when they put up a goose egg.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2018, 05:39 PM
Every single member of this forum would have killed my mother for a defense that allowed 22 points in a playoff game during the Vermeil era.

Suddenly that's not good enough in a far more pass-happy league. LMAO

Double standard.