PDA

View Full Version : News For a depressing story click here

BigRichard
01-11-2018, 12:35 PM
I feel just horrible for everyone involved here. Just felt like it needed to be shared.

Mom posts gut-wrenching image of dying daughter and grandfather together in hospital

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/health/2018/01/11/mom-posts-gut-wrenching-image-dying-daughter-and-grandfather-together-in-hospital/_jcr_content/par/featured_image/media-0.img.jpg/931/524/1515680348056.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

A Pensacola, Florida, family is in unspeakable anguish as members say goodbye to a dying 5-year old girl, just weeks after she was found to have an aggressive type of brain cancer.

Trying to convey her pain, heartbroken mother Ally Parker shared a photo that is capturing attention around the world.

The picture also shows the little girl's grandfather, who is suffering from ALS, or Lou Gehrig's Disease, sobbing by her bedside in a hospital room.

Braylyyn Lawhon received a diagnosis of Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG), a rare cancer that typically kills its victims in less than one year, according to the National Institute of Health.

Braylyyn's grandfather, Sean Peterson, sitting bedside, may no longer be able to articulate words, but his expression speaks volumes.

In a Facebook post, Parker said she never imagined she would have to say goodbye to her daughter and her father at the same time.

"'In a few days I will have to bury this beautiful little girl. Months, maybe even weeks, later, I will have to bury my father.' 'Both of my heroes, gone, within the same year,' she continues. 'How could this happen to us? What did any of us do to deserve THIS?"

The gut-wrenching photo went viral right after Parker posted a message on Jan. 7.

"There is no one in this world who is evil enough to deserve to feel what I am currently feeling," she wrote. "My baby girl deserves to live a full, happy life, and so does every other child who has had to face DIPG."

As a last resort, the family was getting ready to try an experimental treatment in Mexico, but last week doctors found Braylyyn was bleeding from the tumor and her condition took a turn for the worse.

At this point, little Braylyyn is expected to pass away at any moment.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/01/11/mom-posts-gut-wrenching-image-dying-daughter-and-grandfather-together-in-hospital.html

Rausch
01-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Yup, that sucks...

ptlyon
01-11-2018, 12:37 PM
Damn.

cabletech94
01-11-2018, 12:38 PM
damnit. why did i open this.

ModSocks
01-11-2018, 12:38 PM
Knew i shouldnt have clicked on this...

The Franchise
01-11-2018, 12:39 PM
That’s horrible.

Best22
01-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Story?

Try depressing "picture"

Prison Bitch
01-11-2018, 01:53 PM
That dude is a grandpa?

Looks like a 20-something meth head you see walking down the sidewalks in Methapendance on the way to the Chieefus games

BigRichard
01-11-2018, 01:54 PM
That dude is a grandpa?

Looks like a 20-something meth head you see walking down the sidewalks in Methapendance on the way to the Chieefus games

Dude has ALS you fucking cunt.

Prison Bitch
01-11-2018, 01:57 PM
That wasn't the point dipshit.

It was his age. No way is that dude even 40

BigRichard
01-11-2018, 02:02 PM
That wasn't the point dipshit.

It was his age. No way is that dude even 40

He is 49 and you are still a dumb fucking cunt. His age doesn't matter for anything you piece of human shit.

ping2000
01-12-2018, 10:22 AM
Fuck cancer and ALS.

In58men
01-12-2018, 10:39 AM
The God Lord has a plan for everything

Whatever his plan is, I wouldn’t take fucking kids away.

Sassy Squatch
01-12-2018, 10:44 AM
That dude is a grandpa?

You really are a special brand of retard.

tatorhog
01-12-2018, 11:33 AM
A friend I had in college andhadnt seen in almost 20 years just lost his daughter to dipg. It caught some headlines and I think brought attention to this form of cancer (that’s how I had heard about what they where going through). Dipg is about as bad as it can get. Bad thing is, it just isn’t common enough to get meaningful research dedicated to it.

BigRedChief
01-12-2018, 11:45 AM
I worked in the Children's Mercy ICU for awhile. I just brought too much home. Had to leave and go to work at another hospital where I didn't have to deal with kids and cancer on a daily basis.