PDA

View Full Version : Football 49ers ILB Reuben Foster arrested for possession of marijuana

pugsnotdrugs19
01-12-2018, 10:52 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BREAKING?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BREAKING</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/49ers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#49ers</a> linebacker Reuben Foster arrested in Alabama for second-degree marijuana possession, according to the Tuscaloosa County Sherrif&#39;s Office arrest database. <a href="https://t.co/1VP6ppgGn4">https://t.co/1VP6ppgGn4</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCSAuthentic?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NBCSAuthentic</a></p>&mdash; NBC Bay Area (@nbcbayarea) <a href="https://twitter.com/nbcbayarea/status/952039243748167681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MTG#10
01-12-2018, 10:57 PM
Arrested for possessing a miracle plant. Such a stupid victimless crime.

Nickhead
01-12-2018, 10:59 PM
the term 'united states' has always been an oxymoron.

how is it possible in one state you can have all you want of one thing, but in another spend a lifetime in jail for the same. :cuss:

bigjosh
01-12-2018, 11:04 PM
That's a felony in good old Alabama. Dumbass.

Bwana
01-12-2018, 11:31 PM
Life is full of choices, that was a dumb one.

The Franchise
01-12-2018, 11:32 PM
He was already in the substance abuse program. He’ll be suspended now for sure.

Reerun_KC
01-12-2018, 11:40 PM
Bring him in for a look?

Bones, thugs and Andy?

Flying High D
01-12-2018, 11:42 PM
Bring him in for a toke?

Nzoner
01-12-2018, 11:58 PM
Bring him in for a toke?

I'm assuming he can afford that shit that'll make you feel like your in a coma.

WhiteWhale
01-13-2018, 12:10 AM
What a monster.

listopencil
01-13-2018, 12:20 AM
That's a felony in good old Alabama. Dumbass.

Second-degree marijuana possession is a Class A misdemeanor, defined as possession for personal use only under Alabama law. In Alabama, Class A misdemeanors carry no more than a year of jail time, and a fine of up to $6000. This story is being updated.

Tribal Warfare
01-13-2018, 01:18 AM
At a glance I thought Rangland was the one that ****ed up

Nickhead
01-13-2018, 01:49 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oCRRG0GnXpk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:D

saphojunkie
01-13-2018, 02:31 AM
Oh my god. Who gives a fuck about marijuana. God the south is retarded.

Beef Supreme
01-13-2018, 02:34 AM
Bring him in for a drum circle?

Dartgod
01-13-2018, 07:03 AM
I'm assuming he can afford that shit that'll make you feel like your in a coma.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VXKNcYBq4gY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PAChiefsGuy
01-13-2018, 07:08 AM
What a scumbag!

In58men
01-13-2018, 07:24 AM
Second degree sounds intense, especially for marijuana.

siberian khatru
01-13-2018, 07:53 AM
Jeff Sessions smiles

Priest31kc
01-13-2018, 08:37 AM
It's 2017 and people are still being arrested for possessing a non-toxic medicinal plant.

Freedom!!!

Dayze
01-13-2018, 08:41 AM
Surprised he was arrested. If he was still playing for the Tide, I bet he would’ve been let go.

carcosa
01-13-2018, 09:14 AM
No....,, not MARIJUANA!! !!!

MTG#10
01-13-2018, 09:34 AM
It's 2017 and people are still being arrested for possessing a non-toxic medicinal plant.

Freedom!!!

2017 was so two weeks ago bro

BigRedChief
01-13-2018, 09:39 AM
This is total BS. These guys at best, have a lot of soreness and residual pain from prior injuries. They and everyone else now know they are sacrificing their future health to play the game now.

Let them smoke weed, Its a helluva lot better than loading up on the Oxycontin.

Nzoner
01-13-2018, 09:46 AM

LMAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8P_qjLhtA74" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marcellus
01-13-2018, 10:07 AM
This is total BS. These guys at best, have a lot of soreness and residual pain from prior injuries. They and everyone else now know they are sacrificing their future health to play the game now.

Then get the law changed.

Follow the law and you cant get into trouble. They know the rules, especially if he was already in the drug program.

BigRedChief
01-13-2018, 10:16 AM

Follow the law and you cant get into trouble. They know the rules, especially if he was already in the drug program.Come on man, weed is the same as heroin in the eyes of the law? No clear thinking person agrees with that those two drugs are equal.

I quit smoking weed 30+ years ago. I still see it as a way better option than drinking a 12 pack.

Marcellus
01-13-2018, 10:31 AM
Come on man, weed is the same as heroin in the eyes of the law? No clear thinking person agrees with that those two drugs are equal.

I quit smoking weed 30+ years ago. I still see it as a way better option than drinking a 12 pack.

Dude is in the drug program, whats the risk vs reward for him?

Get the NFL to simply remove weed from the banned substance list if its that black and white.

GloucesterChief
01-13-2018, 10:48 AM

Follow the law and you cant get into trouble. They know the rules, especially if he was already in the drug program.

What if the law is immoral and unconstitutional? Should it be followed then?

Sassy Squatch
01-13-2018, 10:55 AM
Wut?

Bowser
01-13-2018, 11:02 AM
From the same state that almost elected an alleged kiddie diddler to be its Senator. Alabama clearly has its priorities straight.

MODS MOVE THIS SHIT TO DC

:Poke:

Chiefshrink
01-13-2018, 11:02 AM
Evasive and resistant pre-combine behavior correlates to drug program correlating to drug arrest. And in the words of the great Paul Harvey:

"Now we know the rest of the story". :hmmm:

And why he almost fell out of the first rd and now makes you wonder how many teams actually took him off their board. John Lynch now wondering was it worth it?:shrug:

GloucesterChief
01-13-2018, 11:06 AM
Wut?

“When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law.”
― Frédéric Bastiat, The Law

Just because it is a law does not mean that the law is moral. Just because something is considered immoral does not necessarily mean that it should also be illegal.

Sassy Squatch
01-13-2018, 11:08 AM
“When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law.”

Just because it is a law does not mean that the law is moral. Just because something is considered immoral does not necessarily mean that it should also be illegal.
Cool beans, bro. Still illegal, and he's going to face consequences.

Chiefshrink
01-13-2018, 11:10 AM
Arrested for possessing a miracle plant. Such a stupid victimless crime.

the term 'united states' has always been an oxymoron.

how is it possible in one state you can have all you want of one thing, but in another spend a lifetime in jail for the same. :cuss:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oCRRG0GnXpk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:D

Oh my god. Who gives a **** about marijuana. God the south is retarded.

Freedom!!!

I quit smoking weed 30+ years ago.

Sure you did.;):rolleyes:

"Hey what strains are you guys smoking now and who do you identify more with, Bevis or Butthead?:D

GloucesterChief
01-13-2018, 11:13 AM

"Hey what strains are you guys smoking now and who do you identify more with, Bevis or Butthead?:D

I don't smoke weed but thanks for showing that you have no actual rebuttal.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 11:16 AM
Our current pot laws are absolute garbage, there is no question about it

That said, why on earth would anyone risk so much money and time taken away from their careers? You'll have plenty of time for doobie rolling when you're a retired millionaire

Chiefshrink
01-13-2018, 11:17 AM

and why "moral relativity" MUST rule your world and "moral absolutes" be avoided at all costs so that you can "feed your flesh" at every whim correct ?

"When you say there's too much evil in this world you assume there's good. When you assume there's good, you assume there's such a thing as a moral law on the basis of which to differentiate between good and evil. But if you assume a moral law, you must posit a moral Law Giver, but that's Who you're trying to disprove and not prove. Because if there's no moral Law Giver, there's no moral law. If there's no moral law, there's no good. If there's no good, there's no evil. What is your question?"

—Ravi Zacharias

Priest31kc
01-13-2018, 11:17 AM

LMAO

Well my point is actually strengthened now.

Its 2018 and people are still getting arrested for possessing a non-toxic medicinal plant.

Dartgod
01-13-2018, 11:18 AM

Yeah, I'm sure he's toking up to deal with pain issues. :rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
01-13-2018, 11:19 AM
I don't smoke weed but thanks for showing that you have no actual rebuttal.

Post 38 should be more than plenty to suffice.;)

Chiefshrink
01-13-2018, 11:21 AM

My thoughts exactly.:shrug:

BigRedChief
01-13-2018, 11:23 AM
Sure you did.l started working in professions where l could be drug tested at any given moment on any give day. It was either burn some trees or make a difference. Not a sacrifice at all.

Chiefshrink
01-13-2018, 11:24 AM
Surprised he was arrested. If he was still playing for the Tide, I bet he would’ve been let go.

This would be a very safe bet for sure.:thumb:

GloucesterChief
01-13-2018, 11:30 AM
and why "moral relativity" MUST rule your world and "moral absolutes" be avoided at all costs so that you can "feed your flesh" at every whim correct ?

"When you say there's too much evil in this world you assume there's good. When you assume there's good, you assume there's such a thing as a moral law on the basis of which to differentiate between good and evil. But if you assume a moral law, you must posit a moral Law Giver, but that's Who you're trying to disprove and not prove. Because if there's no moral Law Giver, there's no moral law. If there's no moral law, there's no good. If there's no good, there's no evil. What is your question?"

—Ravi Zacharias

Not moral relativity at all. An immoral action is one that violates the rights of another person. It is a stricter morality than your Christian religion as your own holy book justifies the violation of others rights if someone says that God says its okay.

Chiefshrink
01-13-2018, 11:31 AM
Life is full of choices, that was a dumb one.

To Dayze's point, "Foster forgot he wasn't playing for the Tide any longer".

"Hey kid, welcome to the NFL" !:shrug:

Chief Roundup
01-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Channeling my best Kurtwood Smith-Red and Milkman. DUMBASS the NFL is now going to put their foot up your ass.

Ash
01-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Post 38 should be more than plenty to suffice.;)

Post 38 is a load of objective morality BS. You have no evidence for your invisible friend so I don't care what you think he wants. That is the problem with fundamentalism. If you are hoisting up a morality that you want to promulgate as being absolute your evidence had better be good.

Also there are parts of your Iron age comic book that contradict your position.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food:
Genesis 1:29 ASV

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SRljtm-QLo8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ash
01-13-2018, 12:09 PM
Not moral relativity at all. An immoral action is one that violates the rights of another person. It is a stricter morality than your Christian religion as your own holy book justifies the violation of others rights if someone says that God says its okay.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.374573832.5501/flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

BlackHelicopters
01-13-2018, 12:12 PM
“Shocking” said no one.

Chiefshrink
01-13-2018, 01:35 PM
An immoral action is one that violates the rights of another person. It is a stricter morality

It is ? Tell me more about this so called "stricter morality" a 'morality' that is far superior to Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God of the Holy Bible.:hmmm:

than your Christian religion as your own holy book justifies the violation of others rights if someone says that God says its okay.

Hey GC ! You have ISIS that has just invaded your neighborhood and they are about to rape, pillage and kill you, your family, your friends, and your way of life and especially who you worship. Does your "stricter morality" allow you to defend yourself ? Or would your 'stricter morality' not allow self defense because well you know it would be an immoral action that would violate ISIS's rights as humans:rolleyes:

You see GC, this is what the Israelites were dealing with literally back in the day and literally to this day.

Now the rub becomes whose god/God/worldview is morally pristine and superior. And why atheists(such as yourself) just throw their hands up and say, "see this is why any religion is bad, PERIOD!! I definitely agree 'religion' has killed more people than anything else on this earth. BUT the religion I speak of is not the religion you think in a traditional sense.

Remember, the SCOTUS ruled that "atheism" IS a religion. So if you want to say that 'religion' has killed more people than any other destructive force on this planet then I would agree. Just look at the 20th Cenury alone and the effects of Marxism/Communism(a la Lenin,Stalin,Mao,Hitler,Polpot, etc....)Look at the social, economic, and cultural effects on any society that does not embrace or has discarded the God of the Bible and you will see total moral corruption that leads to ultimate destruction and why everyone around the world flees to our country. BTW our country is definitely heading down that path as well unfortunately.

Ironic thing the other day, I have a neighbor who is a native born Russian who moved here 30yrs ago and he said to me, "Funny how my native country is trying to bring back the God of the Bible and it is starting to flourish again, whereas this country(America) that I fled to for true freedom is trying to kick Him out just like my native country of Russia did over a hundred years ago."

Abraham, Moses, Joshua,David,etc... of the OT were defending themselves, their way of life and the God they served and most importantly from those who drew first blood. You can throw around all the Dawkins,Hinchens,Harris disingenuous, dishonest, mis-leading, straw man arguments against the God of the Holy Bible you want. But the real question that should be answered and answered honestly is , who is Jesus? And if Jesus IS who He said He IS and performed all the miracles and rose from the dead as stated by many eyewitnesses then you better take heed that the Holy Bible IS the Word of God and does not contradict itself. There is no such thing as 2 Gods of the Bible( an OT God/NT God) The Trinity(Father,Son and Holy Spirit-3 persons in one essence) has always existed from the beginning of time.

I trust and believe in the 'omniscience'(all knowing) and sovereign God of the Holy Bible which personally gives me great internal soulful peace. You know this already about me. Because God gave freewill to man to choose who he will serve(either God of the Bible or himself). God also knows because of His omniscience whether or not Israel's foes would ever surrender to the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob. Thus all those OT war stories of where God commands Israel to attack her foes i.e. to self-defense and total annihilation "knew omnisciently" these foes would never stop therefore God allowed them to be destroyed.

Jesus's "moral absolutes" or "man's moral relativity"? Which has shown far more successful over time? You and I will disagree on this answer for sure.:shrug:

But in reality Jesus wins hands down.;)

Sassy Squatch
01-13-2018, 01:42 PM
Goddamn, this sure took a sharp left into DCville.

Bwana
01-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Our current pot laws are absolute garbage, there is no question about it

That said, why on earth would anyone risk so much money and time taken away from their careers? You'll have plenty of time for doobie rolling when you're a retired millionaire

Bingo!

The laws may indeed suck, but knowing the consequences and choosing to do it anyway, that's on him. Make your millions while you have a chance, then go smoke every fatty in the region.

GloucesterChief
01-13-2018, 01:58 PM
It is ? Tell me more about this so called "stricter morality" a 'morality' that is far superior to Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God of the Holy Bible.:hmmm:

For one we wouldn't take a whip to people just trying to make a buck.

Hey GC ! You have ISIS that has just invaded your neighborhood and they are about to rape, pillage and kill you, your family, your friends, and your way of life and especially who you worship. Does your "stricter morality" allow you to defend yourself ? Or would your 'stricter morality' not allow self defense because well you know it would be an immoral action that would violate ISIS's rights as humans:rolleyes:

You are confusing absolute pacifism with the Non-Aggression Principle. The NAP says that you may not start a fight but once someone commits aggression towards you you may respond in kind until the threat is dealt with. Invasion is aggression.

You see GC, this is what the Israelites were dealing with literally back in the day and literally to this day.

They fought wars of expansion and practiced slavery both of which are violations of another's rights.

Now the rub becomes whose god/God/worldview is morally pristine and superior. And why atheists(such as yourself) just throw their hands up and say, "see this is why any religion is bad, PERIOD!! I definitely agree 'religion' has killed more people than anything else on this earth. BUT the religion I speak of is not the religion you think in a traditional sense.

Religion is just a way people justify their actions and a class skims off society in my opinion but you may think differently.

Remember, the SCOTUS ruled that "atheism" IS a religion.

The SCOTUS has been wrong in many respects and I believe this is one of them. Not that the 1st Amendment is wrong on atheism but in the fact that if you have a right to do something you also have a right to not do that thing. So if you have a right to practice religion according to your beliefs you also have a right to not practice a religion according to your beliefs.

So if you want to say that 'religion' has killed more people than any other destructive force on this planet then I would agree. Just look at the 20th Cenury alone and the effects of Marxism/Communism(a la Lenin,Stalin,Mao,Hitler,Polpot, etc....)Look at the social, economic, and cultural effects on any society that does not embrace or has discarded the God of the Bible and you will see total moral corruption that leads to ultimate destruction and why everyone around the world flees to our country. BTW our country is definitely heading down that path as well unfortunately.

Worship of the state and the Cult of Personality is still a religion.

Ironic thing the other day, I have a neighbor who is a native born Russian who moved here 30yrs ago and he said to me, "Funny how my native country is trying to bring back the God of the Bible and it is starting to flourish again, whereas this country(America) that I fled to for true freedom is trying to kick Him out just like my native country of Russia did over a hundred years ago."

Russia isn't exactly is a state that I would call good. Shrinking population, massive corruption, curtailing of rights, resource based economy, etc.

Abraham, Moses, Joshua,David,etc... of the OT were defending themselves, their way of life and the God they served and most importantly from those who drew first blood.

The Israelites practiced slavery and wars of expansion. They just justified it saying that god said it was okay.

You can throw around all the Dawkins,Hinchens,Harris disingenuous, dishonest, mis-leading, straw man arguments against the God of the Holy Bible you want. But the real question that should be answered and answered honestly is , who is Jesus? And if Jesus IS who He said He IS and performed all the miracles and rose from the dead as stated by many eyewitnesses then you better take heed that the Holy Bible IS the Word of God and does not contradict itself. There is no such thing as 2 Gods of the Bible( an OT God/NT God) The Trinity(Father,Son and Holy Spirit-3 persons in one essence) has always existed from the beginning of time.

Do you believe that God killed the first born of Egypt? If so please explain how that was not murder as the majority of the Egyptian population had nothing at all to do with the Hebrews supposed enslavement, which may not actually have existed at all at least as a whole people.

I trust and believe in the 'omniscience'(all knowing) and sovereign God of the Holy Bible which personally gives me great internal soulful peace. You know this already about me. Because God gave freewill to man to choose who he will serve(either God of the Bible or himself). God also knows because of His omniscience whether or not Israel's foes would ever surrender to the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob. Thus all those OT war stories of where God commands Israel to attack her foes i.e. to self-defense and total annihilation "knew omnisciently" these foes would never stop therefore God allowed them to be destroyed.

Jesus's "moral absolutes" or "man's moral relativity"? Which has shown far more successful over time? You and I will disagree on this answer for sure.:shrug:

That is nice. Still doesn't mean that smoking pot is a immoral action that needs to be illegal.

Abba-Dabba
01-13-2018, 03:49 PM

Who cares what he uses it for.

It is more interesting to me why you would care what he uses it for. Should we be asking you what substances you use to self medicate? And should we care if you use them?

And if we should care. Why? What is the affect it has on us with you using them?

Abba-Dabba
01-13-2018, 03:52 PM

I really don't know the name of the strain I am smoking right now. It was given to me as a blind tester.

And I never watched Bevis and Butthead ever. I don't identify with any of them.

What is your next general insult to a group of people you have no clue who are?

Abba-Dabba
01-13-2018, 04:00 PM

Remember, the SCOTUS ruled that "atheism" IS a religion. So if you want to say that 'religion' has killed more people than any other destructive force on this planet then I would agree. Just look at the 20th Cenury alone and the effects of Marxism/Communism(a la Lenin,Stalin,Mao,Hitler,Polpot, etc....)Look at the social, economic, and cultural effects on any society that does not embrace or has discarded the God of the Bible and you will see total moral corruption that leads to ultimate destruction and why everyone around the world flees to our country. BTW our country is definitely heading down that path as well unfortunately.

Abraham, Moses, Joshua,David,etc... of the OT were defending themselves, their way of life and the God they served and most importantly from those who drew first blood. You can throw around all the Dawkins,Hinchens,Harris disingenuous, dishonest, mis-leading, straw man arguments against the God of the Holy Bible you want. But the real question that should be answered and answered honestly is , who is Jesus? And if Jesus IS who He said He IS and performed all the miracles and rose from the dead as stated by many eyewitnesses then you better take heed that the Holy Bible IS the Word of God and does not contradict itself. There is no such thing as 2 Gods of the Bible( an OT God/NT God) The Trinity(Father,Son and Holy Spirit-3 persons in one essence) has always existed from the beginning of time.

Went from asking us if we identified more with Bevis or Butthead to we are going to hell.

You are a nutter.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 04:00 PM
And I never watched Bevis and Butthead ever. I don't identify with any of them.

That is something you need to remedy, especially if you're sitting around getting high

Abba-Dabba
01-13-2018, 04:02 PM
That is something you need to remedy, especially if you're sitting around getting high

Cannabis isn't something I use to get high.

I guess what I am saying is it may effect me not quite the same as a recreational user.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 04:10 PM

I guess what I am saying is it may effect me not quite the same as a recreational user.

Then whats your medicinal reason?

Abba-Dabba
01-13-2018, 04:15 PM
Then whats your medicinal reason?

Neuropathic pain specifically for my left unlar nerve and PTSD.

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 04:18 PM
Neuropathic pain and PTSD.

Fair enough, good luck man

Navy right?

Abba-Dabba
01-13-2018, 04:19 PM
Fair enough, good luck man

Navy right?

U.S. Army Infantry

Easy 6
01-13-2018, 04:20 PM
U.S. Army Infantry

Hooah, carry on... best wishes

Dartgod
01-13-2018, 09:21 PM
Who cares what he uses it for.

It is more interesting to me why you would care what he uses it for. Should we be asking you what substances you use to self medicate? And should we care if you use them?

And if we should care. Why? What is the affect it has on us with you using them?Lighten up Francis.

I think it should be legalized. And even though I really don't care why he was using it, I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't to sooth his pain.

Didn't mean to trigger you.

MTG#10
01-13-2018, 09:52 PM
Holy shit CS is a fucking nutjob

eDave
01-13-2018, 09:54 PM

He high.

dlphg9
01-13-2018, 10:54 PM
Holy shit CS is a ****ing nutjob

Yes he is.

Chief Roundup
01-13-2018, 11:07 PM
Holy shit CS is a fucking nutjob

Who is CS?

TinyEvel
01-13-2018, 11:27 PM
I live in Marin County and I still don't know where you can walk in to buy some since Jan 1st.

Abba-Dabba
01-14-2018, 09:58 AM
Lighten up Francis.

I think it should be legalized. And even though I really don't care why he was using it, I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't to sooth his pain.

Didn't mean to trigger you.

It doesn't mean someone is triggered when they ask you to clarify your stance. But we can go down that road if you want.

How are you "pretty damn sure" what he uses it for?

Did he tell you this?

There is plenty if evidence that many professional football players routinely use cannabis to help with the rigors of football on the body.

And if he was just using it to get high. Why should someone like you, a person who uses another substance to intoxicate, be able to hold against and disparage his use of his chosen intoxicant?

I am trying to tell you that your way of criticizing him is counterproductive to what you say you want legalized.

Abba-Dabba
01-14-2018, 10:03 AM
I live in Marin County and I still don't know where you can walk in to buy some since Jan 1st.

You can't. Don't think Marin county allows anything beyond Medical.

Marcellus
01-14-2018, 10:12 AM
It doesn't mean someone is triggered when they ask you to clarify your stance. But we can go down that road if you want.

How are you "pretty damn sure" what he uses it for?

Did he tell you this?

There is plenty if evidence that many professional football players routinely use cannabis to help with the rigors of football on the body.

And if he was just using it to get high. Why should someone like you, a person who uses another substance to intoxicate, be able to hold against and disparage his use of his chosen intoxicant?

I am trying to tell you that your way of criticizing him is counterproductive to what you say you want legalized.

Look its not complicated. At a minimum the players union needs to get it off the banned substance list.

Until then dont fucking do it or pay the consequences when you get caught.

All this using weed to deal with the pain stuff is mostly an excuse. Pretty sure Dick Butkus never smoked weed and he played in an era that was brutally physical.

Nutrition, recovery, and muscle rehab/therapy is light years above 25 years ago. Teams have a staff of people focused on nothing but these things.

Or you could just do something against the rules that you know can get you suspended.

I remember when jokers on here were saying Josh Gordon didn't have a "problem" it was just stupid rules. That looks a little silly now doesn't it.

Chiefshrink
01-14-2018, 12:23 PM
Post 38 is a load of objective morality BS.

And yet as an atheist yourself you have no substantive rebuttal to Ravi Zacharias statement below. Nor will you be able to either. You can't have it both ways my friend.:shrug:

—Ravi Zacharias

You have no evidence for your invisible friend so I don't care what you think he wants. That is the problem with fundamentalism. If you are hoisting up a morality that you want to promulgate as being absolute your evidence had better be good.

I don't know of any better evidence than the life of Jesus my friend. He either was a Liar, Lunatic or truly the Lord. There is no evidence that he ever lied or was a raving lunatic. Therefore.......

C.S. Lewis described the inherent foolishness of claiming Christ as nothing more than a good teacher in his book Mere Christianity. He wrote:

"I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: “I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God.” That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic—on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg—or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronising nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to."

Liar, lunatic, or Lord. Those are the only options to consider when it comes to determining the truth about Christ.

All he did was heal the sick/blind, feed the masses from 5 loaves and 2 fish, turn water into wine, walk on water, raise others from the dead, and resurrected from the dead himself.

Secularists since the death/resurrection of Jesus have been attempting to disprove everything about Jesus(His existence, His miracles, His death/resurrection) but to no avail.

Also there are parts of your Iron age comic book that contradict your position.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food:
Genesis 1:29 ASV

Really ? I think you forgot Genesis 3 where the 'fall of man" took place. You know where "original sin" entered the world corrupting man and the creation of the world God provided man to enjoy in purity and not in a high/drunken state. Would have been interesting for sure to see how cannabis would have been enjoyed in its pure and uncorrupted state. Don't you think?:shrug:

Yes I know, you don't believe the Bible and the GOE account of 'original sin' and was just symbolic thus allegory and it never literally happened. But here again, I lead you back to Jesus who mentions 'Adam' who mentions 'Abel' who also mentions Noah(for those who also don't believe the great flood). If Jesus IS who He say's He is (The Son of God) then you better take heed and honestly find out for yourself who Jesus really was and still IS because eternity of your soul depends on it.:shrug:

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2018, 12:32 PM

It's because the state is still working on licensing permits.

I have a friend that looked into opening a shop, as he already has an existing unrelated retail establishment and in San Diego County, the permit cost $300,000.00 dollars.

I've been told it's going to take at least 6 months for permits to be administered so in the mean time, Medical is the only way to go.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2018, 12:34 PM
All this using weed to deal with the pain stuff is mostly an excuse. Pretty sure Dick Butkus never smoked weed and he played in an era that was brutally physical.

You're a fucking idiot, regardless of the subject.

CBD absolutely helps inflammation.

And you have absolutely NO IDEA what "Dick Butkus" did for his body during that era.

None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Otter
01-14-2018, 12:37 PM
He should hang a rebel flag from his vehicle in Compton next. It's the only logical step.

saphojunkie
01-14-2018, 01:03 PM
All he did was heal the sick/blind, feed the masses from 5 loaves and 2 fish, turn water into wine, walk on water, raise others from the dead, and resurrected from the dead himself.

Really ? I think you forgot Genesis 3 where the 'fall of man" took place. [I][U]You know where "original sin" entered the world corrupting man and the creation of the world God provided man to enjoy in purity and not in a high/drunken state. Would have been interesting for sure to see how cannabis would have been enjoyed in its pure and uncorrupted state. Don't you think?:shrug:

So, when a wedding runs out of wine, because they drank it all, and Jesus performs said miracle to make more, he is corrupting the purity of the world by providing the means to enjoy it in a drunken state?

All In
01-14-2018, 01:49 PM
U.S. Army Infantry

Thank you for your service! Im sorry you are hurting.

Chris Meck
01-14-2018, 08:05 PM
You're a ****ing idiot, regardless of the subject.

And you have absolutely NO IDEA what "Dick Butkus" did for his body during that era.

None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Dick Butkus probably ate fistfulls of painkillers on a daily fucking basis.

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2018, 08:06 PM
Dick Butkus probably ate fistfulls of painkillers on a daily fucking basis.

And Dick Butkus wasn't going up against 320 pound guards, centers or tackles, nor was he going up against Adrian Peterson and other big backs.

It's a stupid comp from a...

Chris Meck
01-14-2018, 08:24 PM
And Dick Butkus wasn't going up against 320 pound guards, centers or tackles, nor was he going up against Adrian Peterson and other big backs.

It's a stupid comp from a...

I agree. It's racist as fuck.

MTG#10
01-15-2018, 04:00 PM
I agree. It's racist as ****.

Explain what was said that was racist. I'll be waiting.

Marcellus
01-15-2018, 04:16 PM
You're a ****ing idiot, regardless of the subject.

None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Look asshole, I know you think you are the authority on pretty much everything under the sun but usually you are just full of shit.

Do you think weed is the only thing that reduces inflammation? Seriously? There aren't legal anti-inflammatories players can use? Are you also going to argue that nutrition, rehabilitation, and recovery science isn't 100x better than it was 25 years ago?

The fact is while today's game is more athletic its less physical than its ever been. There is less hitting, less tackling, and the rules are 100% geared towards reducing the violence. Yes the players are more athletic and faster but the game itself is much less physical. See Marcus Peters for a prime example.

The type of hit DJ put on Marriotta in the playoff game happens about 3 times a season when it used to be at least 1 or 2 times a game.

I literally lol when someone claims the players are only using weed to cope with soreness and recovery. Give me a break.

I don't give a shit about weed, like I said the players union needs to get it addressed in the CBA and that would take care of it, but the rules are the fucking rules.

Chiefshrink
01-15-2018, 04:29 PM
So, when a wedding runs out of wine, because they drank it all, and Jesus performs said miracle to make more, he is corrupting the purity of the world by providing the means to enjoy it in a drunken state?

Your 2 assumptions here that the world is pure and Jesus corrupts are false.

The world was already corrupt by "original sin" by the time God becomes incarnate in the person of Jesus. Jesus cannot corrupt because He is God therefore He is sinless and perfect. Remember God gives freewill to man to choose. And nowhere in the Bible does God say you cannot drink wine/ETOH. The Bible/God clearly states though do not get drunk with wine/ETOH. Therefore because Jesus turned the water into wine, he was being gracious and generous providing a beverage that the wedding party/guests desired with their food that had run out. If the guests chose(freewill) to get drunk then that is on them in their own sin.

ModSocks
01-15-2018, 04:36 PM

How does one smoke weed and not get high?

Chiefshrink
01-15-2018, 04:38 PM
Look asshole, I know you think you are the authority on pretty much everything under the sun but usually you are just full of shit.

Do you think weed is the only thing that reduces inflammation? Seriously? There aren't legal anti-inflammatories players can use? Are you also going to argue that nutrition, rehabilitation, and recovery science isn't 100x better than it was 25 years ago?

The fact is while today's game is more athletic its less physical than its ever been. There is less hitting, less tackling, and the rules are 100% geared towards reducing the violence. Yes the players are more athletic and faster but the game itself is much less physical. See Marcus Peters for a prime example.

The type of hit DJ put on Marriotta in the playoff game happens about 3 times a season when it used to be at least 1 or 2 times a game.

I literally lol when someone claims the players are only using weed to cope with soreness and recovery. Give me a break.

I don't give a shit about weed, like I said the players union needs to get it addressed in the CBA and that would take care of it, but the rules are the ****ing rules.

I agree the players have become softer physically and mentally even though they are stronger and more athletic physically. There is a price that is being paid by the CBA rules of practice and rules of the game that have made players softer all the way around IMHO. And let's face it when you live in the richest society on earth where even the poor live 100X better than 3/4 of the world WITH and ENTITLED ATTITUDE why should we not expect anything different ??

ModSocks
01-15-2018, 04:45 PM
It's because the state is still working on licensing permits.

I have a friend that looked into opening a shop, as he already has an existing unrelated retail establishment and in San Diego County, the permit cost $300,000.00 dollars.

I've been told it's going to take at least 6 months for permits to be administered so in the mean time, Medical is the only way to go.

Couple of interesting tidbits on how California may have ****ed up:

1. Because the cost of licensing is so high (heh), very few shops will open. San Diego has 17 permits issued for the entire COUNTY. San Diego has 18 Cities and about 66 communities with a population of over 3mill.

2. Because of the high taxation, medical marijuana is still the way to go. The medicinal user will pay far less than the recreational user, and medicinal recommendations are still the joke they always were.

What that means is that despite it being legalized, it's far too expensive and difficult to get a permit, which puts the market back in the hands of the black market.

It's legal, it's abundant, but it's still difficult to get legally, and you spend more than if you had a recommendation. There is no incentive to buying legalized, recreational marijuana. Matter of fact, it's a pain in the ass. That only helps the black market.

Beef Supreme
01-15-2018, 04:46 PM
How does one smoke weed and not get high?

Smoke enough of it, every day, for a long time.