PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thanks Vikings. Andy: Please fire Sutton and interview Mike Nolan for DC.

T-post Tom
01-14-2018, 09:32 PM
AND Steve Spagnuolo IF he becomes available. (He got a 2 year extension last Feb. But with the regime change in NY, anything could happen.)

Would also like to see James Bettcher interviewed before the Bears snatch him up. Any one of those 3 would be a MAJOR upgrade.

I hear the Ravens were contemplating getting Nolan back, but promoted Preston instead. PLEASE Andy, bring this guy in for an interview. (Cosmic symmetry if Smith leaves and Nolan is hired.)

Resume:

Oregon (1981)
Graduate assistant

Stanford (1982–1983)
Linebackers coach

Rice (1984)
Defensive line coach

Louisiana State (1985–1986)
Linebackers coach

Denver Broncos (1987–1988)
Special teams coach

Denver Broncos (1989–1992)
Linebackers coach

New York Giants (1993–1996)
Defensive coordinator

Washington Redskins (1997–1999)
Defensive coordinator

New York Jets (2000)
Defensive coordinator

Baltimore Ravens (2001)
Wide receivers coach

Baltimore Ravens (2002–2004)
Defensive coordinator

San Francisco 49ers (2005–2008)
Head coach

Denver Broncos (2009)
Defensive coordinator

Miami Dolphins (2010–2011)
Defensive coordinator

Atlanta Falcons (2012–2014)
Defensive coordinator

San Diego Chargers (2015)
Linebackers coach

New Orleans Saints (2017–present)
Linebackers coach

srvy
01-14-2018, 09:41 PM
Wow thats a long list. Why doesnt he stay anywhere long?

T-post Tom
01-14-2018, 09:43 PM

NFL = "Not for long" Pretty typical for coordinators and position coaches.

RealSNR
01-14-2018, 09:43 PM
Alex: "I'd like to remain in KC if the team will have me."

*Reid hires Nolan*

Nolan: "Hey Alex! Remember me? Just like old times again, eh?!"

Alex: "When's the next flight to Cleveland?"

NJChiefsFan
01-14-2018, 09:44 PM
He's only been a LB coach the past 3 years?

JakeF
01-14-2018, 09:44 PM
Sutton isn't going anywhere until he decides to leave or Clark Hunt forces Sutton to be fired. We all know that Hunt doesn't have the balls to go up against Reid.

The Franchise
01-14-2018, 09:45 PM

*Reid hires Nolan*

Heh.

T-post Tom
01-14-2018, 09:46 PM

*Reid hires Nolan*

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
01-14-2018, 09:46 PM
Nope

T-post Tom
01-14-2018, 09:47 PM
Sutton isn't going anywhere until he decides to leave or Clark Hunt forces Sutton to be fired. We all know that Hunt doesn't the balls to go up against Reid.

I really hope you are wrong. :deevee:

arrwheader
01-14-2018, 10:33 PM
I just really don’t see them firing him now. They would have dropped the ax by now. I don’t see any reason to wait. People that are saying it’s to wait for some one to be available after the season doesn’t make sense to me. We could still interview them now.

bigjosh
01-14-2018, 10:35 PM
Get over it. If sutton was going to be fired, it would have happened already. He is our DC for another season.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-14-2018, 10:40 PM
Jesus

BigRedChief
01-14-2018, 10:42 PM
I'd take Daffy Duck at this point.

Willie Lanier
01-14-2018, 11:15 PM
He's only been a LB coach the past 3 years?

Yeah, I noticed that too, kind of an odd demotion regarding career trajectory...

DRM08
01-14-2018, 11:34 PM

*Reid hires Nolan*

ROFLROFL

Chief Northman
01-14-2018, 11:43 PM
LOL at a Nolan hire.

In the minute chance the Chiefs make a move at DC, the only reasonable options point to either Spagnuolo or Bettcher because they are still “in limbo” - under contract, but may be released from contract once the new HC’s in New York and Arizona are hired. Those teams would be wise to convince the new HC’s to keep these guys around as they are great coordinators. The Chiefs would have had their cracks at others by now, and the Arrowhead spies have been silent, so I believe Sutton will return.
But damn we need a change...

Help us Obi-Wan. You are our only hope....

T-post Tom
01-14-2018, 11:55 PM
LOL at a Nolan hire.

In the minute chance the Chiefs make a move at DC, the only reasonable options point to either Spagnuolo or Bettcher because they are still “in limbo” - under contract, but may be released from contract once the new HC’s in New York and Arizona are hired. Those teams would be wise to convince the new HC’s to keep these guys around as they are great coordinators. The Chiefs would have had their cracks at others by now, and the Arrowhead spies have been silent, so I believe Sutton will return.
But damn we need a change...

Help us Obi-Wan. You are our only hope....

Would be ecstatic if the Chiefs hired Spagnuolo or Bettcher. I'd be happy with Chuck Pagano. But Nolan would be available if the Chiefs were interested. At least for now. Teams can hire away if it's a promotion. That said, you're probably right: chances of a move at DC is getting smaller as time goes by.

Titty Meat
01-15-2018, 12:05 AM
Mike Nolan fucking sucks LMAO

T-post Tom
01-15-2018, 12:12 AM
Mike Nolan ****ing sucks

Someone agrees with you. You're in good company...

https://arrowheadaddict.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/130/files/2015/10/bob-sutton-nfl-preseason-kansas-city-chiefs-arizona-cardinals.jpg

bigjosh
01-15-2018, 12:13 AM
Mike Nolan fucking sucks LMAO

Right?

How many times has he been fired or let go now?

Demoted all the way to position coach, for arguably the weakest position group on the saints Defense.

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2018, 12:14 AM

Because most of those stints ended in disaster. Either he's really unlucky, or maybe he's not DC material. Was great in Baltimore, but seems like everybody is. Was solid in Miami under Parcells. Was an utter disaster in Washington, Atlanta... was dominant initially in Denver, and then his defense nosedived in spectacular fashion. I'd rather pass. Seems like he's meant to be a positions coach.

Titty Meat
01-15-2018, 12:14 AM
You all are lucky McClouds in a good mood. He'd destroy your shitty arguments.

Gearld Hodges LMAO

Mike Nolan LMAO

Titty Meat
01-15-2018, 12:15 AM
Right?

How many times has he been fired or let go now?

Demoted all the way to position coach, for arguably the weakest position group on the saints Defense.

He did a great job with CP's most wanted ILB Gearld Hodges too

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2018, 12:17 AM
Would be ecstatic if the Chiefs hired Spagnuolo or Bettcher. I'd be happy with Chuck Pagano. But Nolan would be available if the Chiefs were interested. At least for now. Teams can hire away if it's a promotion. That said, you're probably right: chances of a move at DC is getting smaller as time goes by.

If the Chiefs had any interest in Bettcher or Pagano, I highly doubt they'd have waited this long. If the Chiefs have waited this long, the only 2 that are likely in play are Spagnuolo or Adam Zimmer. Unless on some off-chance he poaches Tennessee or Pittsburgh's staff. Those 2 guys are not officially in play yet and the Chiefs have an extremely strong tree connection.

Titty Meat
01-15-2018, 12:20 AM
Would Adam Zimmer get hired by the organization again after his DUI on Ward Parkway? You have to be extremely trashed to get a DUI on Ward Parkway

T-post Tom
01-15-2018, 12:47 AM
If the Chiefs had any interest in Bettcher or Pagano, I highly doubt they'd have waited this long. If the Chiefs have waited this long, the only 2 that are likely in play are Spagnuolo or Adam Zimmer. Unless on some off-chance he poaches Tennessee or Pittsburgh's staff. Those 2 guys are not officially in play yet and the Chiefs have an extremely strong tree connection.

Time well tell. I'm on the 'any coach but Sutton' bandwagon at this point. Can't imagine anyone doing worse. (Rumor has it that Sutton plans on replacing Revis with Houston at RCB.) Don't understand the Sutton ballwashers, but whatevs. Chiefs won't advance in the playoffs with the way Sutton ran the scheme this year. If he's not replaced (or blessed with some sort of epiphany), next year is going to be a sad repeat of this year, results-wise.

bigjosh
01-15-2018, 12:57 AM
Would Adam Zimmer get hired by the organization again after his DUI on Ward Parkway? You have to be extremely trashed to get a DUI on Ward Parkway

Ehh he may have been going through some shit.

He was belchers coach after all.

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2018, 01:22 AM
Ehh he may have been going through some shit.

He was belchers coach after all.

Yup. I'd imagine he gets a pass. It was less than a month after the Belcher thing. Would imagine the assistant LBs coach will get shaken by that shit. The NFL required counselling for the top guys.

But much more importantly, Gary Gibbs thought so highly of Zimmer that he brought him from New Orleans to KC. I'd imagine that holds a lot more water. If Gibbs liked him that much, have to think Clark Hunt and Emmitt Thomas see potential in him too. At least, we can hope.....

ILChief
01-15-2018, 12:01 PM
We hired a new defensive quality control coach. That should fix it

Bufkin
01-15-2018, 12:18 PM
Because he’s ****ing terrible. Like laughably bad. His dad was a good coach and so I think maybe the nepotism thing helps him out long enough to get a job and then it takes a year or two to realize the mistake. Similar to Rob and Rex.

Signed, a Falcon fan. (The team who after 3 years, is finally fully recovered from Nolan destroying our defense from the top down)

Hammock Parties
01-15-2018, 12:20 PM

This means Sutton is staying.

Sure-Oz
01-15-2018, 12:37 PM
We hired a new defensive quality control coach. That should fix it@TerezPaylor: The Chiefs have hired Jay Valai to be a defensive quality control coach, a source confirms. I'm told he'll also help coach the DBs or LBs, but that part is not finalized yet.

ptlyon
01-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Jay Vajayjay

Rausch
01-15-2018, 12:51 PM

Only if he's allowed the controls to a less-than-lethal shock collar that Sutton wears...