PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Colin Cowherd settles the QB debate

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 12:24 PM
I want everyone to take 5 minutes to watch this video. Colin Cowherd is a pretty bright dude when it comes to sports, especially football. Here in this video today, he explains what separates guys like Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Ben Roethlisberger from guys like Matt Ryan and Alex Smith specifically. As Chiefs fans, it hits every chord.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y46F3u2jtWI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR
01-15-2018, 12:29 PM
Colin Cowherd is a fucking idiot because one time he said something I didn't like!!!!

Just kidding, of course. I like Cowherd a lot, which may be unpopular on here, but honestly, when it comes to sports talk guys, you can take ANY person and there will be people who curse them to hell.

There needs to be a line drawn. Yes, there are the Colin Cowherds that a bunch of people will hate.

But then there are the people like Skip Bayless, who's nothing more than a national version of Kevin Keitzmann. Stephen A Smith. Shannon Sharpe (for obvious reasons).

Colin Cowherd is about as good as it gets, really, in terms of sports guys who are paid to talk about their opinions.

eDave
01-15-2018, 12:33 PM
Gotta have "it". No one know what "it" is, but when you have it, you are elite. In any profession.

He and PTI are the only things I watch on ESPN with regularity.

Rausch
01-15-2018, 12:33 PM
I'd have to say that's mostly spot on.

I'd put Ryan as a B+ and Smith as a B/B-.

However for this season I'd only list Brady as a B+ as well...

JENKINSWINS
01-15-2018, 12:34 PM
So dropped passes is part of being on script? Ok, he fails to mention that. Jones and Wilson make those catches and Falcons and Chiefs win.

ILChief
Gotta have "it". No one know what "it" is, but when you have it, you are elite. In any profession.

He's on FS1

pugsnotdrugs19
There have been times where I thought Cowherd was way off things, but that's gonna be the case with everyone as SNR mentioned.

When I heard this today, it felt like he just perfectly illustrated our situation. We have people go back and forth for months and years about our QB, if he needs to be replaced, if he doesn't, blah blah blah..

It's nice to have the outside perspective that has no dog in the fight. He couldn't have explained it any better.

ILChief
Mahomes has "it"

Bewbies
01-15-2018, 12:36 PM
So dropped passes is part of being on script? Ok, he fails to mention that. Jones and Wilson make those catches and Falcons and Chiefs win.

LMAO

Always someone else's fault.

Rausch
Just kidding, of course. I like Cowherd a lot, which may be unpopular on here, but honestly, when it comes to sports talk guys, you can take ANY person and there will be people who curse them to hell.

There needs to be a line drawn. Yes, there are the Colin Cowherds that a bunch of people will hate.

But then there are the people like Skip Bayless, who's nothing more than a national version of Kevin Keitzmann. Stephen A Smith. Shannon Sharpe (for obvious reasons).

Bayless and Stephen A Smith TRY and find ways to interject politics into sports. I just can't stand it. It's always the main argument with them.

Cowherd at least has his own takes. Some days he's bold with the truth and other days he's so far off I turn the station...

Best22
Colin Cowherd is a ****ing idiot because one time he said something I didn't like!!!!

Colin Cowherd is about as good as it gets, really, in terms of sports guys who are paid to talk about their opinions.

Cowherd says some pretty "out there" things. He asks interesting questions. Some of them are stupid

But I appreciate that he asks them, and every now and then he brings up a really good point.

He certainly isn't always right, but he can atleast be entertaining

Rausch
01-15-2018, 12:37 PM
Mahomes looks like he has "it"

FYP...

eDave
01-15-2018, 12:38 PM
He's on FS1

Oh. :)

Chiefshrink
01-15-2018, 12:39 PM
TRUE GAMERS make BIG PLAYS in BiG GAMES PERIOD !!

IT'S MAHOMES TIME !!:clap:

Sandy Vagina
01-15-2018, 12:39 PM

While I do agree with this...

I'd have to say that's mostly spot on.

I'd put Ryan as a B+ and Smith as a B/B-.

However for this season I'd only list Brady as a B+ as well...

I still agree with this.

This isn't some revelation. Alex Smith is a good, solid starting QB.

He's not a rare QB that can carry a team with minimal run support, critical dropped passes, and a defense that can't get much needed stops.

This is not news.

The problem has always been a pack of fans that look to a flawless QB savior... instead of looking at the areas of the team that are not doing their job.

run support... no? **** the QB!
defensive stops? no? **** the QB!
injured high-priced players not on the field to do the job expected? no? **** the QB!
dropped passes that would have led to conversions.. and likely points? no? **** the QB!

Thank Jeebus there will soon be a QB that everyone here adores... cuz then you can finally stop saying **** the QB! and actually blame the areas not doing their job.

DRM08
01-15-2018, 12:41 PM
He made some pretty interesting points about Coughlin versus Belichick. If Coughlin beats the Patriots with Bortles, maybe Coughlin will get the respect he deserves.

rico
01-15-2018, 12:43 PM

Amazing how the same receivers who drop Alex-thrown passes were making solid catches when Mahomes was throwing it to them. Has it ever occurred to you dumbasses that Alex Smith's balls may just be, for whatever reason, more difficult to catch?

Alex Smith throws whiffle balls/shot putts. Mahomes throws baseballs. Baseballs are much easier to catch than whiffle balls and shot putts.

Bewbies
01-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Anyone think Alex Smith is better in the 2nd half than he is in the 1st?

chiefforlife
I think he is spot on. We dont know if Mahomes has "IT" but we think so. We know Alex does NOT.
No offense to Alex he gives everything he has to his team.

RunKC
A lot of it is coaching. Vikings needed a fluke to win their game yesterday. Shannahan wouldn’t run the ball. Seahawks wouldn’t give it to Marshawn at the 1.

It blows my mind how stupid a lot of HC’s are.

Rausch
01-15-2018, 12:47 PM
The problem has always been a pack of fans that look to a flawless QB savior... instead of looking at the areas of the team that are not doing their job.

Play calling?
Situational in-game decision making?
At least one drop per WR in every important game?
Forgetting the league's rushing champ in a game he's got respectable 1st half numbers?
Not blitzing a young QB more on the road?

run support... no? **** the QB!True.
defensive stops? no? **** the QB! We had 3 turnovers.
injured high-priced players not on the field to do the job expected? no? **** the QB! You can't predict/prevent injury.
dropped passes that would have led to conversions.. and likely points? no? **** the QB!We do this every game, not just playoff games.

Commentary added...

Rausch
01-15-2018, 12:49 PM
A lot of it is coaching.

https://i.imgflip.com/v2fgu.jpg

JENKINSWINS
01-15-2018, 12:53 PM
Amazing how the same receivers who drop Alex-thrown passes were making solid catches when Mahomes was throwing it to them. Has it ever occurred to you dumbasses that Alex Smith's balls may just be, for whatever reason, more difficult to catch?

Alex Smith throws whiffle balls/shot putts. Mahomes throws baseballs. Baseballs are much easier to catch than whiffle balls and shot putts.

Robinson had a good game with Mahomes in the preseason and a bad one with him against Denver. Alex had bad chemistry with him but in the playoffs he went to him in the 2 minute drill and scored a TD. What’s your point?

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 12:56 PM
A lot of it is coaching. Vikings needed a fluke to win their game yesterday. Shannahan wouldn’t run the ball. Seahawks wouldn’t give it to Marshawn at the 1.

Isn't it amazing/ridiculous though how many coaches get passes because they've won a SB?

Sean Payton was really bad overall yesterday. Tomlin clearly had his struggles. These guys have had HOF QBs and/or great defenses so many times, but it seems like their mistakes are swept under the rug so easily because of their rings.

Reerun_KC
01-15-2018, 12:56 PM

Stay on topic and have a glass. You trolling jackass.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180115/74dcbec3522ee21e6d1b184b98c30f6d.jpg

staylor26
01-15-2018, 12:58 PM
Isn't it amazing/ridiculous though how many coaches get passes because they've won a SB?

Sean Payton was really bad overall yesterday. Tomlin clearly had his struggles. These guys have had HOF QBs and/or great defenses so many times, but it seems like their mistakes are swept under the rug so easily because of their rings.

EVERY COACH HAS WARTS

I’ve been saying it for years

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 12:58 PM
Anyone think Alex Smith is better in the 2nd half than he is in the 1st?

Never is, never has been. We saw it two straight years in the playoffs more specifically.

He excels with the first 15 that Reid and the offensive staff scheme up, but when it comes time to just make plays in the 2nd half... it just doesn't happen too often.

rico
01-15-2018, 01:01 PM
Robinson had a good game with Mahomes in the preseason and a bad one with him against Denver. Alex had bad chemistry with him but in the playoffs he went to him in the 2 minute drill and scored a TD. What’s your point?

My point is that Mahomes throws a football that is easier for the receivers to catch than Alex.

Rausch
01-15-2018, 01:04 PM
Never is, never has been. We saw it two straight years in the playoffs more specifically.

He excels with the first 15 that Reid and the offensive staff scheme up, but when it comes time to just make plays in the 2nd half... it just doesn't happen too often.

Reid excels at calling his scripted plays and then the offense slumps.

Reid is also terrible at halftime adjustments. If something isn't working he goes back to his horizontal passing game.

If something is working and he has the lead he abandons it and goes to his horizontal passing game.

There's a crutch of fall back plays he needs to purge from his mind...

RunKC
01-15-2018, 01:07 PM
EVERY COACH HAS WARTS

I’ve been saying it for years

Doesn’t excuse them from being morons and not using common sense.

I mean FFS the Vikings had the ball at the 40 yesterday with 1:47 left. They burned only 18 seconds off the clock. EIGHTEEN.

You need 5 fucking yards and the Saints have 1 time out. 35 seconds between plays could have been used 3 times giving the Saints roughly 20 seconds to have to go 40 yards for a FG try.

Christ these coaches are just complete and utter morons.

JENKINSWINS
01-15-2018, 01:07 PM
Stay on topic and have a glass. You trolling jackass.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180115/74dcbec3522ee21e6d1b184b98c30f6d.jpg

I am on topic. The video talked about script, idiot suicide condoner.

BlackOp
01-15-2018, 01:10 PM
This dude has creeper written all over him....do people really watch this shit?

Chiefshrink
01-15-2018, 01:19 PM
No one know what "it" is, but when you have it, you are elite. In any profession.

Teflon confidence that relishes any given situation where the "chips are down" and really believing you are the only person that can save the day because you have proven it over and over and over again not just to others but more importantly "to yourself" which only increases and thickens that "teflon confidence" to relish even more difficult situations with more of that "teflon confidence" that will allow you to continue your success.

eDave, think about yourself and what you do. From my understanding you keep massive computer networks up and running for your customers. You are close to my age so I assume you have seen and experienced almost every kind of computer hiccup to computer cluster**** situation and have handled them all successfully for the most part over your career. Thus my guess is you have developed this "teflon confidence" to any computer network situation that arises to the point that you become bored almost. However, you really come alive(relish a challenge/problem) when the situation looks impossible to everyone in your industry "except you". And that is what we call the "IT factor". You are able to see yourself as "Superman" in dire/challenging situations and save the day the majority of the time and I am not kidding when I say this.

eDave you are the Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Superman of building/maintaining computer networks PERIOD !!

Bottom line: Your adrenaline is either dominated with fear or confidence when circumstances call for greatness. It really is your choice how you respond.

wheeler08
01-15-2018, 01:26 PM
BS that it’s coaching. Ever heard of reading the defense and calling an audible? Alex Smith was never a leader and I’d say Colin hit the nail on the head with this. The 3 games, one TD is 2nd half is all Alex. He had no swagger. I think Mahomes has the swagger. Hey Old Spice, bottle that up and put it in a spray can!

Chiefshrink
01-15-2018, 01:31 PM
I think he is spot on. We dont know if Mahomes has "IT" but we think so. We know Alex does NOT.
No offense to Alex he gives everything he has to his team.

But what we do know for sure is that Pat will push the ball downfield with confidence regardless of the rush around him or if he gets out of the pocket he will continue to look downfield and not be afraid to "thread the needle" and that we know which is 1/2 if not 2/3 of the battle in making big plays in big games as a QB in the NFL.;)

I will go on record now and say Pat has the "It Factor" and not because I am a desperate Chiefs fan either. This kid has a very unique moxy swagger about him in his body language that I know a lot of you see as well. The "unique part" for me that I see is this kid is not afraid to make a mistake and exhibits 'selective amnesia' very well while genuinely having fun playing this game regardless of his mistakes. That's HUGE !! Alex doesn't have fun when the pressure is on whereas Pat loves it !! This is the difference between the two both emotionally and mentally.

Marcellus
01-15-2018, 01:35 PM

Cowherd isn't on ESPN.

Marcellus
01-15-2018, 01:36 PM
I didn't realize there was an actual QB debate to be had outside of a few morons who act like there is.

mschiefs1984
01-15-2018, 01:41 PM

I still agree with this.

He's not a rare QB that can carry a team with minimal run support, critical dropped passes, and a defense that can't get much needed stops.

This is not news.

injured high-priced players not on the field to do the job expected? no? **** the QB!
dropped passes that would have led to conversions.. and likely points? no? **** the QB!

Thank Jeebus there will soon be a QB that everyone here adores... cuz then you can finally stop saying **** the QB! and actually blame the areas not doing their job.

Agree with this. That's part of being an NFL QB you'll always get the finger pointed at you when things are not going well. And also think the Anti Alex crowd gives Andy a free pass as well. It will be interesting to see the change should things remain as they have been with Mahomes how much less blame some people put on Mahomes that they do Alex.

That being said if Alex had stepped up a few times and WON games we should have this wouldn't be as big of an issue. Alex in this regard didn't do himself any favors

Chiefshrink
01-15-2018, 01:41 PM
As the ol saying goes, "You want the ball when the chips are down". Pat wants the ball whereas Alex does not and what differentiates a person who has the "it factor" from someone who does not.

Chiefshrink
01-15-2018, 01:58 PM
And also think the Anti Alex crowd gives Andy a free pass as well. It will be interesting to see the change should things remain as they have been with Mahomes how much less blame some people put on Mahomes that they do Alex.

How can you say the anti-Alex crowd gives AR a free pass ? That is just not accurate.

Do you really know why the anti-Alex crowd is much larger than the Alex ball washing crowd is ?

It is primarily that Alex "fetals up" when the chips are down. He does not confront his fear about keeping his eyes downfield for open WRs in an attempt to "thread the needle" regardless of the pressure whether it be up the middle or outside the pocket. There is no anticipation in him whatsoever to "thread the needle" when the pressure of the game and the pressure of coming up with a big play is ON.

Bottom line: "At least look like you are attempting and wanting to win".

Shag
01-15-2018, 01:59 PM

1 second half TD in the last 3 playoff games. Alex "all I do is fail in the second half" Smith.

TwistedChief
01-15-2018, 02:10 PM
Anyone even implicitly arguing that Alex has “it” is a moron. A completely competent QB? Absolutely. Good enough to win a Super Bowl with some teams? Probably. Good enough to lead a team to a Super Bowl? Nope.

He had a rough beginning in the NFL. He’s a smart guy. It’s entirely possible that he got a little gunshy as a result and ended up - with career considerations at the forefront - morphing into more of a game manager than he would’ve otherwise been. This season he showed flash after flash of a QB trying to take a step forward, but it ended the exact same way.

Sample size is pretty close to statistically significant at this point. Time to move on.

notorious
01-15-2018, 02:12 PM
Alex and Reids weaknesses are in perfect alignment. That's why it goes BAD in a hurry when stuff goes off script.

You would think a guy as smart as Andy would find people that mask his weaknesses when it comes to QB and other coaches.

Marcellus
01-15-2018, 02:14 PM
Alex and Reids weaknesses are in perfect alignment. That's why it goes BAD in a hurry when stuff goes off script.

You would think a guy as smart as Andy would find people that mask his weaknesses when it comes to QB and other coaches.

This is very true. I also think Mahomes is going to be a great deodorant for Reid. His talent should cover up Reid's shortfalls IMO a lot like McNabb did for a while except Mahomes is way more gifted than McNabb.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 02:14 PM
And again, this kinda goes back to what I said yesterday in the GDT for the playoffs.

The stat that seems to unify many of the all-time great QBs more than anything is game winning drives. Look at these numbers on all-time GWDs...

1. Peyton Manning (56)
2. Tom Brady (52 and counting)
3. Dan Marino (51)
4. John Elway :cuss: (46)
5. Brett Favre (45)
6. Drew Brees (44 and counting)
7. Ben Roethlisberger (43 and counting)
8. Eli Manning (40 and counting)

15 Super Bowl titles amongst them. Only one hasn't won the big game. Many of those SBs won on game winning drives.

These numbers hold serious weight. 2nd half playmakers.

Titty Meat
01-15-2018, 02:15 PM
2012 called they want their debate back

notorious
01-15-2018, 02:17 PM
This is very true. I also think Mahomes is going to be a great deodorant for Reid. His talent should cover up Reid's shortfalls IMO a lot like McNabb did for a while except Mahomes is way more gifted than McNabb.

Yep, you need that QB that will audible to a run when Reid gets pass happy. You need a QB that will audible to the kill shot when he see's a weakness in the defensive alignment even if we are up by 17 points.

O.city
01-15-2018, 02:20 PM
Having qbs I’m cheap deals allow you to load the team around them. Unless said qb is a star once he gets paid it’s tougher to win.

I also think the low end qbs are better now than in the past

hitchief
01-15-2018, 02:21 PM

Agree completely.

On so many levels they have an impact on how well or bad a team can be.

The good coach's know what the strengths and weaknesses of not only their team but also the opponents. They then coach and come up with game plans based on the same.

Bad coach's just throw out the same scheme not matter who the have or who they are playing cause that's all they know and for whatever reason, they cannot change = Andy.

Otter
01-15-2018, 02:21 PM

I still agree with this.

This is not news.

Thank Jeebus there will soon be a QB that everyone here adores... cuz then you can finally stop saying **** the QB! and actually blame the areas not doing their job. Alex is a victim of a team that spent way too much time bringing in backups from other teams as starters. Anyone who watches him play knows he's a decent QB that's just too conservative to carry a team.</br></br>He's a middle of the pack guy.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 02:22 PM
Having qbs I’m cheap deals allow you to load the team around them. Unless said qb is a star once he gets paid it’s tougher to win.

I also think the low end qbs are better now than in the past

This is why I'm hoping over the next 3 years we can be aggressive in FA. At least when it is really necessary.

This year may not be the season to go all in because the FA class isn't great, but maybe next year will be the time. Chiefs currently set to have $83M in cap space in 2019, so the cap situation clears up big time in a hurry.

hitchief
01-15-2018, 02:26 PM
Yeah, Cowherd is correct that there is a difference between the top 5 elite and then the next 5-10 qb's but then we all freaking knew that already. That's not rocket science but what he doesn't get is that you having a top 5 elite qb is not a guarantee a SB victory.

Its really hard to get one of those guys and sometimes teams luck into them but a team can win with the next group of qb's as long as the team around them and the coaching is great.

And if he's so freaking correct shouldn't it be Brady vs Rodgers every year? or Brees?

Whats his explanation for them only having 1 SB victory each? Oh, don't tell me its a team thing??????

BlackHelicopters
01-15-2018, 02:29 PM
Cowherd is a faggot who needs to be smeared with honey, placed in a cage and set in a Georgia pasture in July.

rico
01-15-2018, 02:32 PM
Yeah, Cowherd is correct that there is a difference between the top 5 elite and then the next 5-10 qb's but then we all freaking knew that already. That's not rocket science but what he doesn't get is that you having a top 5 elite qb is not a guarantee a SB victory.

Its really hard to get one of those guys and sometimes teams luck into them but a team can win with the next group of qb's as long as the team around them and the coaching is great.

And if he's so freaking correct shouldn't it be Brady vs Rodgers every year? or Brees?

Whats his explanation for them only having 1 SB victory each? Oh, don't tell me its a team thing??????

Only one SB?!?

Most QB's don't lead their teams to SB victories in their entire career, numb-nuts. Let's not act like carrying a team to only one SB is some sort of "knock."

hitchief
01-15-2018, 02:32 PM
Alex is a victim of a team that spent way too much time bringing in backups from other teams as starters. Anyone who watches him play knows he's a decent QB that's just too conservative to carry a team.</br></br>He's a middle of the pack guy.

So why the best qb rating in the NFL this year? Doesn't sound like middle of the pack to me but to each his own.

BlackOp
01-15-2018, 02:34 PM
Smith knows he's not a "natural" QB...and has shown humility in admitting so. He is what he is...and after 5 years, is hopefully doing it somewhere else.

I like him...and was rooting for him to have a redemption post-season. Didn't happen and Mahomes drove the team down for a winning FG in his first NFL game.

Time to move on..

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 02:36 PM

You just said it all right there. "... a team can win with the next group of qb's as long as the team around them and the coaching is great."

Just what the Chiefs have been trying to replicate for 25 years. It ain't easy. It's the hard way, if we're being objective.

This is why Mahomes was always QB1 in my mind. He was the only guy with a shot to reach that elite ceiling IMO this year. I know I wasn't alone in that camp. And sure, he's far from establishing himself as that guy as he has only played in one game, but the traits you look for, the traits we see in those blue chip QBs... he has them all.

It remains to be seen if he will reach his ceiling but the point is that finally the Chiefs are trying to do this thing the right way. If this thing works out, having an amazing surrounding cast all of the sudden becomes much less significant. Maybe you just need a good defense, not a great one. Maybe you just need a good coach, not a great one.

hitchief
01-15-2018, 02:37 PM
Only one SB?!?

Most QB's don't lead their teams to SB victories in their entire career, numb-nuts. Let's not act like carrying a team to only one SB is some sort of "knock."

WTF, are you a freaking idiot or what?

Its what Cowherd is saying correct, you need an elite qb to win. Its all I ever read in here is how we cant win cause Alex is not elite enough. So be it, but the qb's listed as elite (with the exception of Brady and Ben) have a very very hard time winning them, so what gives you dumbass.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 02:38 PM

Its what Cowherd is saying correct, you need an elite qb to win. Its all I ever read in here is how we cant win cause Alex is not elite enough. So be it, but the qb's listed as elite (with the exception of Brady and Ben) have a very very hard time winning them, so what gives you dumbass.

Did you even watch the video? Cowherd did not say you had to have an elite QB to win the SB.

DRM08
01-15-2018, 02:39 PM
Feel bad for Brees. He played lights out with the game on the line and led his team for two drives that took the lead very late in 4th quarter. Sean Payton is no Belichick, that’s for sure.

hitchief
01-15-2018, 02:41 PM
You just said it all right there. "... a team can win with the next group of qb's as long as the team around them and the coaching is great."

Just what the Chiefs have been trying to replicate for 25 years. It ain't easy. It's the hard way, if we're being objective.

This is why Mahomes was always QB1 in my mind. He was the only guy with a shot to reach that elite ceiling IMO this year. I know I wasn't alone in that camp. And sure, he's far from establishing himself as that guy as he has only played in one game, but the traits you look for, the traits we see in those blue chip QBs... he has them all.

It remains to be seen if he will reach his ceiling but the point is that finally the Chiefs are trying to do this thing the right way. If this thing works out, having an amazing surrounding cast all of the sudden becomes much less significant. Maybe you just need a good defense, not a great one. Maybe you just need a good coach, not a great one.

Well you could be right of course but really only Brady and Ben have taken their teams to the promised land on any consistent basis. Rodgers who most consider as the best pure qb in the NFL today cant do it and Bree's cant either.

Sure hope Pat is that guy but to put it all on 1 player even if its the most important position is folly IMO.

RunKC
01-15-2018, 02:41 PM

On offense, sure. You absolutely have to have a strong defense. That’s not negotiable.

MMXcalibur
01-15-2018, 02:44 PM
I've rewatched Mahomes from his Week 17 game countless numbers of times.
I don't know if he has "it", but goddamn am I excited to find out in 2018.

rico
01-15-2018, 02:44 PM

You and the rest of the Alexsexual crew give me dumbass when I read your stupid, dumbassery-infested posts!!!

Rasputin
01-15-2018, 02:46 PM

I like the show Highly Questionable with Papi it's intriguing si'

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 02:49 PM
On offense, sure. You absolutely have to have a strong defense. That’s not negotiable.

That's why I said good defense.

But you don't need what the Jaguars or Vikings currently have.

Dayze
01-15-2018, 02:50 PM
I've rewatched Mahomes from his Week 17 game countless numbers of times.
I don't know if he has "it", but goddamn am I excited to find out in 2018.

too risky.

Better keep Smith around for another 9 to 11 win season and a 1st round bounce.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Well you could be right of course but really only Brady and Ben have taken their teams to the promised land on any consistent basis. Rodgers who most consider as the best pure qb in the NFL today cant do it and Bree's cant either.

Sure hope Pat is that guy but to put it all on 1 player even if its the most important position is folly IMO.

Rodgers is about the worst example you can use. That guy is the only reason that team hasn't missed the playoffs for the past 5 years. He has been a miracle worker up north. I have several Packers fans as friends who say these things.

BigRedChief
01-15-2018, 03:03 PM
fodder for the Mahomes is going to lead us to the promised land.

Iowanian
01-15-2018, 03:09 PM
If Alex smith were the QB in a situation like the Vikings last night at the end of the game, he'd have taken a sack or thrown a dump off to the RB with 14 seconds and no Time outs instead of throwing the rock downfield into coverage.

KC Dan
01-15-2018, 03:10 PM
If Alex smith were the QB in a situation like the Vikings last night at the end of the game, he'd have taken a sack or thrown a dump off to the RB with 14 seconds and no Time outs instead of throwing the rock downfield into coverage.
so true...

srvy
01-15-2018, 03:11 PM
Bayless and Stephen A Smith TRY and find ways to interject politics into sports. I just can't stand it. It's always the main argument with them.

Cowherd at least has his own takes. Some days he's bold with the truth and other days he's so far off I turn the station...

This must be the times ive listened to him.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-15-2018, 03:40 PM
This is the same guy who a couple weeks ago said the chiefs would lose to the Patriots and brees/Ryan would still be in the playoffs. Oh and that Steelers would beat the Jags.
He's inconsistently stupid the last year and so

Beef Supreme
01-15-2018, 03:43 PM
This is the same guy who a couple weeks ago said the chiefs would lose to the Patriots and brees/Ryan would still be in the playoffs. Oh and that Steelers would beat the Jags.

So he had the same take as basically everyone else.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 03:46 PM

You're talking about predictions, which EVERYONE gets wrong from time to time.

In the video, he is talking about factual, solid, visible things.

Chief_For_Life58
01-15-2018, 03:57 PM
I watched the video. If anybody wants a tldr version of the video heres a simple description of it.....

Alex Smith sucks

DRM08
01-15-2018, 04:16 PM
Rodgers is about the worst example you can use. That guy is the only reason that team hasn't missed the playoffs for the past 5 years. He has been a miracle worker up north. I have several Packers fans as friends who say these things.

Packers are the only team owned by the public. I am surprised the shareholders do not demand serious improvement from the defense. They are wasting the career of perhaps the best QB ever.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-15-2018, 07:30 PM
You're talking about predictions, which EVERYONE gets wrong from time to time.

In the video, he is talking about factual, solid, visible things.

So what happened in the Indy, Patriots, Texans and Saints game Smith played in? Pretty sure he wasn't choking in those games. How bout dat, Colin? ROFL

Fact check.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 07:34 PM
So what happened in the Indy, Patriots, Texans and Saints game Smith played in? Pretty sure he wasn't choking in those games. How bout dat, Colin? ROFL

Fact check.

It is truly unbelievable how difficult of a time you have accepting reality when it comes to Alex. It's not even that big of a deal. Everyone on this planet knows what he is as a QB, and that's okay for some teams. It was for us for awhile.

Moving on.

Marcellus
01-15-2018, 07:35 PM

Fact check.

Not a single person is going to miss you when you are gone. Not 1.

ThaVirus
01-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Feel bad for Brees. He played lights out with the game on the line and led his team for two drives that took the lead very late in 4th quarter. Sean Payton is no Belichick, that’s for sure.

Don’t.

He played like ass for the first 42 minutes of that game. He’s just as responsible for that loss as Williams.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 07:41 PM

Oh he won't go anywhere. He's gonna be here to spew bullshit every single time Patrick makes a mistake.

bigjosh
01-15-2018, 07:42 PM

Fact check.

Vs the texans?
190 yd 1td 1int?

That is what you are going with?

Defense won that game.

Oh, the patriots game too huh?

The one where Alex couldnt muster up more than 6 points in the first half?

The one Alex had less than 60% completion percentage and didnt put up any points until garbage time, and took 9 minutes off the clock down two scores to put up a TD.

Using a game they fucking lost? LOL

So you are down to two of them you can use as examples, and 11 still managed to game manager one of them away by not being able to extend any fucking drives in the second half.

Fuck off.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-15-2018, 07:48 PM
Mahomes will be an elite QB

JENKINSWINS
01-15-2018, 08:16 PM
Mahomes will be an elite QB

Not sure you can be elite if you sound like Bobcat Goldthwait. :hmmm:

farmerchief
01-15-2018, 08:19 PM
I've had him on ignore for god I don't know how long? Only way I know he is in a thread I'm reading, is when you guys reply to a quote of his. More pleasant this way:D

Reerun_KC
01-15-2018, 08:21 PM

Please. Have a drink. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180116/37e4f64bbcc99ec54f44f21d68bc8959.jpg

bigjosh
01-15-2018, 08:22 PM

Well we are positive that you cant be if you are named Alex Smith.

DRM08
01-15-2018, 08:22 PM
Don’t.

He played like ass for the first 42 minutes of that game. He’s just as responsible for that loss as Williams.

True enough.

TripleThreat
01-15-2018, 08:34 PM
I agree with everything he said, except one thing.

When he talked about, look up Aaron Rodgers best 5-6 plays, they are all 2nd half. That may be true, but that’s the same with Alex Smith, which his topic was about. Alex Smith’s pass to Vernon Davis td catch against the saints 2nd half. Alex Smith’s shuffle against the colts in 2013 to name a few. Those were later in the game, the Vernon pass being the last play of the game... I think most quarterbacks that have been in the league for 10 years or even a little less will always have there best plays in the 2nd half, regardless I’f that quarterback is normally nails in the 2nd or not. Therefore I just thought that analogy was shit. But besides that, he was spot on, on everything else

Hammock Parties
01-15-2018, 09:18 PM
How was Alex Smith in the second half two weeks ago, buttfuck?

How was his second half against the Steelers last season?

TripleThreat
01-15-2018, 09:30 PM
How was Alex Smith in the second half two weeks ago, butt****?

Who are you talking to?

Hammock Parties
01-15-2018, 09:32 PM
Who are you talking to?

A jackass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-15-2018, 09:39 PM
Spot-on.

New World Order
01-15-2018, 09:40 PM
I agree with everything he said, except one thing.

When he talked about, look up Aaron Rodgers best 5-6 plays, they are all 2nd half. That may be true, but that’s the same with Alex Smith, which his topic was about. Alex Smith’s pass to Vernon Davis td catch against the saints 2nd half. Alex Smith’s shuffle against the colts in 2013 to name a few. Those were later in the game, the Vernon pass being the last play of the game... I think most quarterbacks that have been in the league for 10 years or even a little less will always have there best plays in the 2nd half, regardless I’f that quarterback is normally nails in the 2nd or not. Therefore I just thought that analogy was shit. But besides that, he was spot on, on everything else

LMAO

What in the hell did he do against Indy in that playoff loss second half?

10 points in that half were gifted points-off-turnovers by our defense.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-15-2018, 09:40 PM
How was Alex Smith in the second half two weeks ago, buttfuck?

Shite.

Shite.

But no more, thank God.

Deberg_1990
01-15-2018, 09:44 PM
What’s amazing is the NFC will be represented by a journeyman/backup QB in the super bowl this year.