Pass Yds - #1
Rush Yds - #21
Ppg #2

Pats

Total Yds - #29
Pass Yds - #30
Rush Yds - #20
Ppg - #5

Starting QBs - Brady, Keenum, Bortles, Foles.

I know most of you morons on here think football is a one-on-one sport and QB is the only position that matters but clearly that is not the case. Defense still is very important. Always has been that way and always will be. You can have the GOAT QB but w a trash defense the odds of winning the SB are slim to none.

Even the Pats have the #5 defense as far as ppg and pretty much all their SB winning teams had a top defense. Anyone who minimizes the importance of a good defense doesn't understand football.

JakeF
01-15-2018, 05:04 PM
Chiefs Defense:

Total yards - #28
Pass yards - #29
Rush yards - #25
PPG - #15

Chiefs offense:

Total Yards - #5
Passing Yards - #7
Rushing Yards - #9
PPG - #6

KC Dan
01-15-2018, 05:05 PM
Chiefs Defense

Total yards - #28
Pass yards - #29
Rush yards - #25
PPG - #15
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL finally - :deevee:

Chiefshrink
01-15-2018, 05:06 PM
Who has the better defense playing in Philly ? Philly or the Vikes?? Vikes have the better overall defense but playing in Philly I think evens it out.

Although Keenum is playing far better than Foles right now, going into Philly I think evens both QBs out as well.

This will be a tough game to call who wins.

Bellichek will take Fournette away and finally expose Bartles for who he is and I see the Pats winning comfortably. Just like he did Tennessee the week before.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2018, 05:06 PM
Remember when the Chiefs had a top 10 defense three years in a row?

Shit they didn't even make the playoffs one of those years.

LMAO

How'd they do? They win a lot of playoff games with those awesome defenses?

No?

Wonder why.

Rain Man
01-15-2018, 05:10 PM
Wow, the Patriots must have gotten a lot of lucky officiating call to have such a bad defense and still rank top five in points.

KC Dan
01-15-2018, 05:13 PM
Wow, the Patriots must have gotten a lot of lucky officiating call to have such a bad defense and still rank top five in points.
Opponent holding penalties...

PAChiefsGuy
01-15-2018, 05:15 PM

LMAO

No?

Wonder why.

My post wasn't to say that defense is all that matters. It's a team game. It's very hard to win a SB with just a great defense or just a great offense. But the notion that the QB/offense is all that matters in football is false and this season is another season that proves that.

It is a shame our defenses in the 90s never got a SB. They were special.

rico
01-15-2018, 05:19 PM
My post wasn't to say that defense is all that matters. It's a team game. It's very hard to win a SB with just a great defense or just a great offense. But the notion that the QB/offense is all that matters in football is false and this season is another season that proves that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2418510725/image.jpg

"Shut the fuck up, Squirrel Tits."

rico
01-15-2018, 05:21 PM
Wonder how the presence of Berry would have changed things this season... man, that guy is a crucial piece.

hitchief
01-15-2018, 05:27 PM

Dude, of course you are correct and most all NFL people recognize that D wins SB's but that doesn't matter around here.

They want to be right, that's all, to shout down other posters who don't think just like they do (they are pro's you know). Its nice and easy/lazy to blame Alex for all our problems but boy they told us so. Never mind that most of those same idiots wanted Geno or the like over the years.

But get ready for next year cause all of sudden the arguments you've been making like "its a team game" and "defense wins", etc. will be all the rage around here. No longer will the qb be to blame as they have announced that Pat is the savior and nothing will or can be his fault. Sad really, to put that much on him and I hope he succeeds but it will definitely be a much different standard/excuses.

hitchief
01-15-2018, 05:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2418510725/image.jpg

"Shut the **** up, Squirrel Tits."

Could you possibly be a bigger ass****?

Really nothing to offer so why even bother?

Doesn't you mother monitor your computer time?

Sandy Vagina
01-15-2018, 05:35 PM
Wonder how the presence of Berry would have changed things this season... man, that guy is a crucial piece.

... and there it is... yet another playoff run without their top paid defenders on the field to contribute. Or if they do dress, they are hobbling around and near useless.

Chiefs have a pretty rigid equation for winning in place. Why? because they are not adept at making good coaching adjustments away from specifically what they know to do. So when their best and brightest go MIA? they are ****ed.

... and yet still have had their close chances. Thanks, Dwayne Bowe and Albert Wilson / Orson Charles... and thanks OL for your pussy play that leads to a 3.8 ypc run game.

Still, been time to move it along. What's done is done. Maybe next year can FINALLY be the year where the high priced talent is actually healthy and contributing. Maybe they find some nasty up front on the OL. If lucky enough to get to the playoffs, maybe then Mahomie won't be required to carry them.

rico
01-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Could you possibly be a bigger ass****?

Really nothing to offer so why even bother?

Doesn't you mother monitor your computer time?

Nothing to offer?!?! Well that's absurd!!! I offered a thought about Eric Berry that went through my head that I considered to be original, uncommon and TOTALLY enlightening!!! Eric Berry is a guy on the Chiefs, in case you don't know...he plays Safety!!! I know you Alexsexuals have a tough time catching on to the names of other players on the team!!!

And yes, my mother does monitor my computer time...she says you are a douchebag and she is disappointed in me for not acting like a bigger assfuck towards you!!!!

rico
01-15-2018, 05:38 PM
... and there it is... yet another playoff run without their top paid defenders on the field to contribute. Or if they do dress, they are hobbling around and near useless.

Chiefs have a pretty rigid equation for winning in place. Why? because they are not adept at making good coaching adjustments away from specifically what they know to do. So when their best and brightest go MIA? they are ****ed.

... and yet still have had their close chances. Thanks, Dwayne Bowe and Albert Wilson / Orson Charles... and thanks OL for your pussy play that leads to a 3.8 ypc run game.

Still, been time to move it along. What's done is done. Maybe next year can FINALLY be the year where the high priced talent is actually healthy and contributing. Maybe they find some nasty up front on the OL. If lucky enough to get to the playoffs, maybe then Mahomie won't be required to carry them.

Albert Wilson had no trouble playing with Mahomes's balls... I'm telling ya...some of Alex's balls are wobbly and hard to catch!!!

But let's not turn this into another Alex thread, weasel dick!!! People are actually in here talking about actual other members of the team who play defense.

And every team has to deal with injuries, dipshit.

ARROW2
01-15-2018, 05:42 PM

Bono, grbac. Nuff said. Smiff has to go, quit trying to absolve hI'm of his lack of skills and balls

Hammock Parties
01-15-2018, 05:42 PM
But the notion that the QB/offense is all that matters in football is false and this season is another season that proves that.

Yeah no one has been saying that.

Only that our QB has never been good enough to get the team over the hump in the playoffs.

Almost every fucking season has proved that for this team.

Has it been the defense? Sometimes, but not often enough that I truly give a fuck given the Bonos, Grbacs, Cassels and Smittys of the world.

So you can just fuck right off with this thread.

NJChiefsFan
01-15-2018, 05:43 PM
One great misunderstanding seems to be that because someone says the qb is the most important position it means it's all that matters. That was never the point. Sure a few say that but not most.

In the end this year it would be nice if the team with the best qb doesn't win, but that seems the most likely result.

ThaVirus
01-15-2018, 05:49 PM
Jags defense gave up 42 points yesterday. They won because their QB made baller play after baller play to keep them ahead.

The Vikings defense squandered a 17 point lead. They won because their offense made a miraculous play in the clutch.

ThaVirus
01-15-2018, 05:51 PM
This defense has bailed out the offense on numerous occasions over the past few seasons and rarely can the offense reciprocate.

How many one-score games did we lose this season because Alex failed to orchestrate a do-or-die scoring drive?

Sandy Vagina
01-15-2018, 05:53 PM
Jags defense gave up 42 points yesterday. They won because their QB made baller play after baller play to keep them ahead.

The Vikings defense squandered a 17 point lead. They won because their offense made a miraculous play in the clutch.

... and the Chiefs' players had their chances to make baller plays in the clutch.

They just dropped the ball... or didn't remember to stab the second foot in bounds. Oooops.

Had Diggs dropped the ball as a Chief receiver would have.... no celebration or glory for Kennum. No moving forward. No miracle. No clutch playoff QB moniker.

The Vikings' receiver did... what the Chiefs' receiver(s)... could not. Shocker!

NJChiefsFan
01-15-2018, 05:53 PM
This defense has bailed out the offense on numerous occasions over the past few seasons and rarely can the offense reciprocate.

How many one-score games did we lose this season because Alex failed to orchestrate a do-or-die scoring drive?

The Vikings and jags offenses did bail out their defenses that did or almost did blow leads.

RunKC
01-15-2018, 05:57 PM
... and the Chiefs' players had their chances to make baller plays in the clutch.

Don’t let this distract you from the fact that Alex turned into a fetal vagina and tried immediately running on 3rd and 13 and 3rd and 9 at the end of the game.

Sandy Vagina
01-15-2018, 06:00 PM
Don’t let this distract you from the fact that Alex turned into a fetal vagina and tried immediately running on 3rd and 13 and 3rd and 9 at the end of the game.

Both were indeed poor decisions. That is not lost on me. QBs throughout each game will make several poor decisions. They will also try to make other plays... and he did that too. He was a big part of why we had a big lead. He was also a part of giving us the few chances to get back the final potential lead.

Albert W makes the catch, and Smith is suddenly the hero. Dwayne Bowe stabs foot in bounds, same deal.

Make the plays. He offered them.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 06:01 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313260&page=6

The Franchise
01-15-2018, 06:02 PM
I hope you off yourself when Smith is traded.

ARROW2
01-15-2018, 06:04 PM
Nothing posted here will convince me that it is NOT time to move on from smiff.

PAChiefsGuy
01-15-2018, 06:09 PM
Nothing posted here will convince me that it is NOT time to move on from smiff.

It is definitely time to move on from Alex Smith. I agree with that 100%. Due to our salary cap and Mahomes it is a no brainer.

This thread wasn't about Smitty. It's about our defense needing to improve in order for Mahomes to be successful when it comes to wins and losses but you guys are so obsessed with the Alex Smith hate of course it looks like this will turn into another Alex Smith thread. Gee what a surprise.

I hope you off yourself when Smith is traded.

Hey that's not nice. But hey moron, I WANT Alex Smith to get traded. I think it is time to move on and we need the money. However unlike you Alex Smith haters I appreciate what he has done here. He helped get the Chiefs back to being a playoff team. No easy task considering the shit show this team has been for years before he/Reid got here.

ARROW2
01-15-2018, 06:13 PM
That's because we know that this I what the thread is about on the low

Hammock Parties
01-15-2018, 06:19 PM
It's about our defense needing to improve in order for Mahomes to be successful when it comes to wins and losses

Really? Because I could have sworn this team lost games when the opponent scored 19, 19, 12, 16, 16, 17, 17, 18 and 18 points the last three years. And still made the playoffs.

Then there was the games we lost in 2014 to teams that scored 20 and 17 points, preventing us from making the playoffs.

WOW! If Pat can overcome that he is truly a hall of fucking famer!

He might actually even put up 24 points in a playoff game, which would be good for a 3-1 record the past three seasons, which would be more playoff wins than the Chiefs had had the previous 20 years, but I don't want to get too hasty now. That's a lot of points!

rico
01-15-2018, 06:22 PM
Really? Because I could have sworn this team lost games when the opponent scored 19, 19, 12, 16, 16, 17, 17, 18 and 18 points the last three years. And still made the playoffs.

Then there was the games we lost in 2014 to teams that scored 20 and 17 points, preventing us from making the playoffs.

WOW! If Pat can overcome that he is truly a hall of ****ing famer!

He might actually even put up 24 points in a playoff game, which would be good for a 3-1 record the past three seasons, which would be more playoff wins than the Chiefs had had the previous 20 years, but I don't want to get too hasty now. That's a lot of points!

ROFL

PAChiefsGuy
01-15-2018, 06:31 PM

WOW! If Pat can overcome that he is truly a hall of ****ing famer!

I'm not trying to talk about Alex Smith or Mahomes I'm trying to talk about defense you fucking obsessed idiot.

penchief
01-15-2018, 06:42 PM
Wow. Some of you really don't have a life. Just the idea that these threads are started as a way of deflecting from Smith's shortcomings is pathetic. It's so obvious what the motive is.

The Alex Smith cult following can point to every team deficiency they want but it doesn't change the fact that other quarterbacks overcome that which Alex Smith cannot. There are plenty of quarterbacks in the league that would have taken the chiefs farther than Smith did. Mahomes is most definitely one of them.

I have always appreciated what Alex has done to help lift this franchise out of the gutter but you guys are making it unbearable to even appreciate that. It doesn't seem like you will ever get it. It's not about what Alex is, it's about what he isn't. Please quit sucking his cock and move on.

DaNewGuy
01-15-2018, 06:51 PM

LMAO

No?

Wonder why.

This lil tough guy chiefy will go to the greatest lengths to defend his boy toy smitty

Hammock Parties
01-15-2018, 06:53 PM
I'm not trying to talk about Alex Smith or Mahomes I'm trying to talk about defense you fucking obsessed idiot.

We know what you're talking about. Wear the avatar proudly, it suits you.

Bearcat
01-15-2018, 06:57 PM
It's a quarterback league and an offensive league. And for the most part, that's what you're going to get in the playoffs. So, it makes sense that other things like defense and special teams come into play in the playoffs and will often be viewed as the deciding factor by idiots with an agenda.

KChiefs1
01-15-2018, 07:24 PM
If you don't have an elite defense then you'd better have an elite QB or vice versa.

KChiefs1
01-15-2018, 07:28 PM
It is definitely time to move on from Alex Smith. I agree with that 100%. Due to our salary cap and Mahomes it is a no brainer.

I WANT Alex Smith to get traded.

I think it is time to move on and we need the money.

Why the Alex Smith hate?

Your avatar is disgraceful you buttfucking moron.

stumppy
01-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Why the Alex Smith hate?

Your avatar is disgraceful you buttfucking moron.

ROFLROFL

dj56dt58
01-15-2018, 07:40 PM

The Jags D set the tone early which was important..the Steelers offense is going to get theirs, and once they started scoring, the Jags offense didn't let them get back into it. The Chiefs jump out ahead..once one thing goes wrong it's downhill from their. That's not being mentally tough..that's coaching

ThaVirus
01-15-2018, 07:41 PM
The Vikings and jags offenses did bail out their defenses that did or almost did blow leads.

Um... I know.

That’s what I said.

Sandy Vagina
01-15-2018, 07:42 PM
If you don't have an elite defense then you'd better have an elite QB or vice versa.

That's just one extreme to the next. No.

You can win SBs with merely good QBs... but your D better not be bottom tier, and players have to step up to make plays.

Russell Wilson... Flacco (lol)... Eli Manning... even his bro Peyton was shit the year he won the SB...

Aaron Rodgers (yes elite) only one 1 long ago, and he needed a trio of elite WRs and an elite D to do it.

Brees (yes was elite) could only do it once, and it was when he had the #1 takeaway defense.

The better the QB, the better your chances. duh.. derp. Yes, obviously.

KC doesn't have the elite QB.. no one said they did. They had (have) a very good one.

Sadly, breakdowns... (often in the form of injured players) all over... have plagued the team. Drops, officiating... the Chiefs... CHIEFS... NOT JUST SMITH... have been horribly unlucky and un-clutch in the playoffs. It sucks, but it is what it is.

ThaVirus
01-15-2018, 07:45 PM
The Jags D set the tone early which was important..

That’s exactly what the Chiefs defense did.

Two games, two very similar tales, but totally different outcome because one team’s QB is a pussy bitch and the other is capable of making more than one read.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 07:51 PM
That's just one extreme to the next. No.

You can win SBs with merely good QBs... but your D better not be bottom tier, and players have to step up to make plays.

Russell Wilson... Flacco (lol)... Eli Manning... even his bro Peyton was shit the year he won the SB...

Aaron Rodgers (yes elite) only one 1 long ago, and he needed a trio of elite WRs and an elite D to do it.

Brees (yes was elite) could only do it once, and it was when he had the #1 takeaway defense.

Wilson, Flacco, and Eli were all great in the playoffs when they won SBs. Flacco and Eli in particular were extremely clutch.

Rodgers made those receivers look better than they truly are, and if you don't agree see what happened to Greg Jennings when he signed with the Vikings.

You aren't wrong, you aren't going to win with a bottom tier defense no matter what... but you don't have to have a top 5 or even 10 unit if the QB is the real deal. You also aren't winning it all with a merely good QB if the defense isn't elite. Even then, that typically isn't enough to finish the job.

Sandy Vagina
01-15-2018, 07:54 PM
Wilson, Flacco, and Eli were all great in the playoffs when they won SBs. Flacco and Eli in particular were extremely clutch.

They were great because someone was coming down with their passes.

Funny how that works.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Joe Flacco put up 24, 38, 28 and 34 points to win the Super Bowl.

Alex has put up 23, 20, 16 and 21 in his last four playoff games.

Smitty fail.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2018, 07:56 PM
As for playing with an elite defense...which the Chiefs absolutely had in 2014...Alex couldn't even get INTO the playoffs with that defense.

Or you know...his whole 2011 NFC Championship game shit-show performance in which he couldn't convert a third down to save his ass.

Smitty fail.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 07:59 PM
As for playing with an elite defense...which the Chiefs absolutely had in 2014...Alex couldn't even get INTO the playoffs with that defense.

Or you know...his whole 2011 NFC Championship game shit-show performance in which he couldn't convert a third down to save his ass.

Smitty fail.

That 2011 Niners defense was by far the best in football. It's a shame they never got their ring..

pugsnotdrugs19
01-15-2018, 08:01 PM
They were great because someone was coming down with their passes.

Funny how that works.

Or, were they great because they had the sack to make the throws? :hmmm:

I can promise you one thing off the top of my head. There's no way Smith makes the throw to Jacoby Jones to win in Denver that Flacco did, and there's no way he makes the throw to Manningham on the GWD that Manning beat the Patriots with.

Why Not?
01-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Who has the better defense playing in Philly ? Philly or the Vikes?? Vikes have the better overall defense but playing in Philly I think evens it out.

Vikes D probably better from top to bottom but the single biggest mismatch in this game is Fletcher Cox vs a very pedestrian Vikes O line. Total is 38. I won't be surprised if it doesn't hit 20 during the actual game.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Patriots have absolutely ZERO talent in their front 7. 5th in points and EIGHT sacks against a Titan team we couldn't sniff. It's fucking stupid.

TripleThreat
01-15-2018, 08:12 PM

Lol lol lol lol lol... Bortles made baller play after baller play? 200 yards 1td says enough but I’ll entertain you.

Up by 7. Bortles throws a underthrown bomb to his wr, that the wr had to stop, and turn around just to grab it and then gets immediately tackled. Complete 50:50 ball that was 40 yards. Bortles then throws a check down, to yeldon, and yeldon breaks it for a 45 yard gain. One shit underthrown ball that cp said was Bortles, having a killer instinct. Then his check down to yeldon, cp claimed was a thing of beauty because he went through his progressions and then checked it down, he’s a master cp said. 2 shit plays for half his yardage of the game. Also his one td pass came from a play action pass, that fooled the entire defense because fournette was making the d his bitch all day long, so it was a wide open td pass.

There was not one thing “clutch” about Bortles” performance, nor anything about his 80 yard passing performance the week before that. I’f you can’t see that, then you are just as retarded as the cp poster who after Big Ben lateraled in the same game past the line of scrimmage posts in the game day thread “ there should be a flag, he was past the line of scrimmage”

TripleThreat
01-15-2018, 08:20 PM

Smitty fail.

If I remember right, Eli was going 3 and out just as often, but he was bailed out by a special teams fumble from Kyle Williams. Guess that’s how it works sometimes even for multi winning super bowl quarterbacks... Eli gets bailed out by a special teams fumble. Brady a few years back, gets another ring gifted to him from his defense intercepting on the 3 yard line vs seattle...

There’s a lot more to these football games and the winners than you portray.

Coochie liquor
01-15-2018, 09:43 PM

How about last year when we were getting tons of turnovers? And Alice threw 15 td’s?

Hammock Parties
01-15-2018, 09:52 PM
How about last year when we were getting tons of turnovers? And Alice threw 15 td’s?

https://i.imgur.com/gOttJrVl.jpg

Baby Lee
01-15-2018, 09:53 PM
You guys ever consider donating just a portion of your energy to fossil fuel independence?

Chief Northman
01-15-2018, 10:02 PM

Smitty fail.

Clay:

He dead.

You can stop killing him now.

It’s over.

For reals.

Hammock Parties
01-15-2018, 10:06 PM
Clay:

He dead.

It’s over.

For reals.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CW1HnZhUAAIu2Mq.jpg

NOTHING IS OVER!

NOTHING!

You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my QB! You asked me I didn't ask you, and I did what I had to do to win, but somebody wouldn't let us win!

Then I come back to the forum, and I see all those maggots in the Romper Room, protestin' me and trollin', callin' me Smitty killer and all kinds of vile crap!

Who are they to protest me?! Huh?! Who are they?! Unless they been me and been there and know what the hell they yellin' about!

Chief Northman
01-15-2018, 10:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CW1HnZhUAAIu2Mq.jpg

NOTHING IS OVER!

NOTHING!

You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my QB! You asked me I didn't ask you, and I did what I had to do to win, but somebody wouldn't let us win!

Then I come back to the forum, and I see all those maggots in the Romper Room, protestin' me and trollin', callin' me Smitty killer and all kinds of vile crap!

Who are they to protest me?! Huh?! Who are they?! Unless they been me and been there and know what the hell they yellin' about!

OROFL

dj56dt58
01-15-2018, 10:19 PM
That’s exactly what the Chiefs defense did.

Two games, two very similar tales, but totally different outcome because one team’s QB is a pussy bitch and the other is capable of making more than one read.

I agree..like I said, with the Chiefs however, when their D starts out strong, as soon as they finally give up a score, it's just downhill..the top comes off the D for the rest of the game and the offense can't put it away. It's a mentally weak team and that's on coaching as well as the players

jaa1025
01-15-2018, 10:21 PM
That Jax-pit defensive struggle was for the ages.

ThaVirus
01-15-2018, 10:30 PM

Are you agreeing with me or what? Because that's exactly the point I'm trying to make.

ThaVirus
01-15-2018, 10:38 PM
Lol lol lol lol lol... Bortles made baller play after baller play? 200 yards 1td says enough but I’ll entertain you.

Up by 7. Bortles throws a underthrown bomb to his wr, that the wr had to stop, and turn around just to grab it and then gets immediately tackled. Complete 50:50 ball that was 40 yards. Bortles then throws a check down, to yeldon, and yeldon breaks it for a 45 yard gain. One shit underthrown ball that cp said was Bortles, having a killer instinct. Then his check down to yeldon, cp claimed was a thing of beauty because he went through his progressions and then checked it down, he’s a master cp said. 2 shit plays for half his yardage of the game. Also his one td pass came from a play action pass, that fooled the entire defense because fournette was making the d his bitch all day long, so it was a wide open td pass.

There was not one thing “clutch” about Bortles” performance, nor anything about his 80 yard passing performance the week before that. I’f you can’t see that, then you are just as retarded as the cp poster who after Big Ben lateraled in the same game past the line of scrimmage posts in the game day thread “ there should be a flag, he was past the line of scrimmage”

Up 7 in the 4th quarter Alex doesn't even attempt that 40 yard bomb and he isn't likely to hit Yeldon in stride with such a beautiful pass.

rico
01-16-2018, 01:25 AM
You guys ever consider donating just a portion of your energy to fossil fuel independence?

https://media.tenor.com/images/4bf1d45050df2dfd8862c9af63930db5/tenor.gif

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2018, 01:49 AM
Joe Flacco put up 24, 38, 28 and 34 points to win the Super Bowl.

Alex has put up 23, 20, 16 and 21 in his last four playoff games.

Smitty fail.

Smith's career playoffs: 61%, QB rating 97, 2.1 TD's per game, 0.3 INT's per game, 278 yards per game

Flacco's career playoffs: 56%, QB rating 89, 1.6 TD's per game, .66 INT's per game, 215 yards per game

Facts. Not Fiction.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 01:54 AM
Smith's career playoffs: 61%, QB rating 97, 2.1 TD's per game, 0.3 INT's per game, 278 yards per game

Flacco's career playoffs: 56%, QB rating 89, 1.6 TD's per game, .66 INT's per game, 215 yards per game

Facts. Not Fiction.

Individual stats can suck my fat cock, fucktard.

Alex Smith can't put up points in the playoffs.

What's why he's a FUCKING LOSER.

And he's going to prove it next season on whatever team he goes to.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2018, 02:00 AM
Pretty sure you spent all last season harping about how Smith couldn't score TD's or put up 4000 yards.

Funny how the narrative changes when he achieves it and gets the TOP QB rating in the league, most deep ball TD's, etc.

You lost the bet and you're butt hurt. Please keep embarrassing yourself, I beg you.

Dylan
01-16-2018, 02:10 AM
That 2011 Niners defense was by far the best in football. It's a shame they never got their ring..

After a brilliant season (13-3), the 49ers historic defense could not get the job done when it counted the most - Read the 2011/2012 S.F. 49ers Defense Review at the bottom of the post:

2011/2012 NFC Championship NY Giants vs. SF 49ers

The 2011 NFL 49ers defense is one of the toughest defenses I have ever seen.

Vic Fangio’s defense consisted of 'four Pro Bowlers (Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, Dashon Goldson, and Carlos Rogers) and three All-Pros (Willis, Smith, and NaVorro Bowman).' As a result, the unit played to historic heights tying and breaking records not only in franchise history but also NFL history.

2011/2012 NFC Championship Giants vs. 49ers is ranked as one of the top 25 NFL games of all time. In addition, Eli Manning is ranked as one of the toughest quarterbacks in the NFL.

Facing one of the toughest defenses, Eli was hit 20, knocked down 12, sacked 6, somehow avoiding injury.

http://media.nj.com/giants_impact/photo/10490232-large.jpg

A great funny article saved: QB Lead New York Giants to Superbowl XLVI

In the waning minutes of regulation in the NFC Championship game between the Giants and the 49ers, Eli Manning surfaced from a freshly made crater on the surface of Candlestick field.

Credit the power-bombing exploits of one Aldon Smith, rookie defensive end out of Missouri, for the cringe-worthy replay.

But it was what Manning experienced as he plunged through the basal layers of our planet's surface that really matters.

It was then that Eli Manning would have his most significant moment as an NFL quarterback. Yes, I am saying that Eli Manning came face-to-face with God.

What seemed like seconds to us and the tens of thousands at Candlestick must have stretched out like years to Manning.

Perhaps there were cascading bright lights in a million different colors. Maybe he was greeted by God, Sammy Davis, Jr. and Jim Morrison in a vast, windless desert. Perhaps God closely resembles Ed Hochuli and delved into a 45-minute diatribe on quality gating systems and why Heaven's gates are in fact, pearly.

Only Eli knows.

As Eli stood after returning from his extra-dimensional journey, many of us wondered, not so subtly:

How the #$&^% is that guy still alive?!?

To say Eli looked bad is like saying that Billy Cundiff could probably botch a train wreck. What was once a uniform now sat in glorious disarray on Eli's wobbly, confused visage. It's a wonder that he still retained enough of his motor functions to signal for a timeout.

Upon making it back to the sideline to embrace a frantic Tom Coughlin, the two engaged in a conversation that I imagine went something like this:

Coughlin: Eli! My God! Are you OK??

Eli: Coach... I saw God. He. Was. Glorious.

Coughlin: You... you WHAT? Eli, get it together. We need to finish out this drive. Can you go?

Eli: I saw the Punic Wars, Charlemagne's coronation, Woodstock... (babbles on incomprehensibly).

Coughlin: (yells for the trainer) Eli, I'm pulling the plug, we're checking you for concus...

Eli: No, God said we would win! I'm staying in!

Coughlin: OK, ok, you can stay in. Just manage the clock and get us in field-goal range.

Eli: Hey, Coach...

Coughlin: What, Eli?

Eli: My hair was nicer than his.

Whether by divine intervention or solid game management, Eli Manning was able to lead the G-men to an overtime victory over the the 49ers.

Let's be clear about one thing: Eli Manning is a tough guy. You have to be to be able to quarterback in the NFC East where guys like Brian Orakpo, DeMarcus Ware and Ryan Kerrigan make a living off inflicting indescribable amounts of pain on opposing players.

Aldon Smith is no different. What he did to Eli was just downright bullish and I know I had a hard time watching Eli stumble around like a drunken vagrant as a direct result of Smith's eight-button combo.

No doubt, Eli's near-death experience was the difference in that game, as close to the wire as it was. A lesser man wouldn't have remained on the field and would have folded up like a cheap beach chair.

Not Eli Manning.

With a second wind that no doubt came from the flapping of angel's wings, Eli managed to stay poised and delivered several text book passes down field to a host of talented New York wide receivers.

For the Giants and their fans, it's Superbowl XLVI. For Eli Manning, it's providence.

Same thing, really.

Credit the 49ers for giving the Giants a run for their money, especially the 49ers defense who tormented Eli in the backfield all night long. As disruptive as they were, however, it still was not enough to keep Eli Manning from leading the Giants to an overtime victory and a trip to Indianapolis.

Patriots fans, take note. It takes a lot more than a 290-pound defensive end executing a thunderous pile-drive to stop the force that is Eli Manning. Be warned.

The power of Eli compels you.

San Francisco Defensive Year in Review

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Defensive-Year-in-Review/9f240bfd-59eb-47bc-a862-2661b147316a

Star Ledger / Record: Beating by 49ers can’t keep Manning from Indianapolis

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/jan/24/elis-coming/

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 02:28 AM
Pretty sure you spent all last season harping about how Smith couldn't score TD's or put up 4000 yards.

You're right, I did. Why? Because his lack of passing success held the team back. And it proved to be our undoing in the postseason.

Funny how the narrative changes when he achieves it and gets the TOP QB rating in the league, most deep ball TD's, etc.

The narrative never changed you butt FUCKING moron. It was always "be good enough to win playoff games."

Smith put up pretty numbers and got this team to 9-7, completely fucking failing in the second half of that playoff game to live up to the big sexy stats you stroked off to all year.

So what fucking good are they?

They're as useless as the 4,000 yards and 28 TDs Elvis Grbac put up in 2000.

We've lived this shit before. You still don't get it.

But at least we're finally getting what we want:

A CHIEFS FOOTBALL TEAM NOT QUARTERBACKED BY YOUR FUCKING CUCK

So, for what will surely not be the last time: PLEASE FUCK OFF.

Dylan
01-16-2018, 03:46 AM
I am sure members do not remember the 2011/2012 NFC Championship NY Giants vs. SF 49ers.

In the first quarter, first drive, second play, Alex Smith threw a beautiful 73-yard TD pass to Vernon Davis, TD. Smith is capable of throwing a long ball, however, most of the time it stops from there.

Here are Smith's passing stats for the NFC Championship game vs. NY Giants in 2012.

San Francisco Passing
A. Smith, 12-26, 196 YDS, 2 TD, 0 INT, 3-18 SACKS

San Francisco Rushing
F. Gore, 16 CAR, 74 YDS, 0 TD
A. Smith, 6 CAR, 42 YDS, 0 TD
K. Hunter, 4 CAR, 31 YDS, 0 TD
B. Dixon, 2 CAR, 3 YDS, 0 TD

TEAM 28 CAR, 150 YDS, 0 TD

San Francisco Receiving
V. Davis, 3 REC, 112 YDS, 2 TD
F.Gore, 6 REC, 45 YDS, 0 TD
D. Walker, 2 REC, 36 YDS, 0 TD
M. Crabtree, 1 REC, 3 YDS, 0 TD

TEAM 12 REC, 196 YDS, 2 TD

San Francisco Fumbles 4

I am glad to see the Chiefs drafted a mobile gunslinger quarterback. They are fun to watch.

Impressive to see Mahomes take command and move the ball down the field for his first career winning drive. Not an easy task for a rookie quarterback.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2018, 04:04 AM
The titans had the 28th ranked yards defense and the 17th ranked points defense.

What does it say when 4 of the 7 teams that played those top 10 defenses outscored the Chiefs? And that's being generous considering those 7 teams included Foles. Defense may win championships but it's the offenses that are winning playoff games so far for the most part. Other than buffalo and Foles' eagles, the Chiefs are the only team not to get 21+ points at least once. Which is stunning considering the Chiefs and pats are the only 2 teams to not face a single top 10 defense.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2018, 04:18 AM
The Chiefs have 4 playoff appearances.
In all 4 losses, our offense completely shit their pants in the second half. In our only win, we didn't have to show up in the 2nd half
In 3 of those losses, we had a maddeningly bad 4th quarter and closing drive (some would argue 4, but I'm not counting the colts loss).

Theres a common theme. The Chiefs are 0 for 4 when it comes to second halves and 4th quarters in the playoffs. You aren't beating anybody with that.

Keenum, Brees, bortles, big Ben all had outstanding 4th quarters. That was the X Factor in those playoff games. That was the X Factor for big Ben, Eli, Flacco, Russell Wilson when they made their playoff runs. That is the X Factor we have not had with Alex Smith in the playoffs to date.

Coochie liquor
01-16-2018, 05:02 AM
Are you agreeing with me or what? Because that's exactly the point I'm trying to make.

Yes agreeing, just giving another example.

Coochie liquor
01-16-2018, 05:09 AM

Facts. Not Fiction.

Joe Flacco playoff wins 10 SB wins 1

Alex Smith playoff wins 2 SB wins 0

Flaccs, not Smithsian...

PAChiefsGuy
01-16-2018, 06:24 AM
Joe Flacco playoff wins 10 SB wins 1

Alex Smith playoff wins 2 SB wins 0

Flaccs, not Smithsian...

Lol at the Alex Smith haters. First it is 'team wins games not QBs' now it is 'QBs win and lose games by themselves.'

You guys contradict yourselves in your own arguments. Idiots.

HemiEd
01-16-2018, 06:28 AM

I would say this is probably the point that Sutton brought up to Reid in order to keep his job.

If only I would have had Berry!

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 07:14 AM

Jesus the halflife on crippling insecurity is LONG

crayzkirk
01-16-2018, 07:40 AM
Clay:

He dead.

It’s over.

For reals.

^^^^ This. Do we really need another Let's bash Alex Smith thread?

It's just a game, someone has to win and someone has to lose. Unfortunately, it's been the Chiefs that have been losing.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Coochie liquor
01-16-2018, 07:44 AM
Lol at the Alex Smith haters. First it is 'team wins games not QBs' now it is 'QBs win and lose games by themselves.'

You guys contradict yourselves in your own arguments. Idiots.

It’s def a team sport. But within that team you have to have a qb who can lead you late in a tight game (most of the time). Not one who gets happy feet and runs into sacks, when he needs to be clutch. You need defense to win, but if you’re in the game with time running out.... down by only a few.... do you really want Alex Smith as your qb in that situation? How many times has he shown us he’s capable of overcoming that situation? Aside from Alex’s family that’s on here, I don’t think too many people thought we REALLY had a shot when it came down to that situation against Tenn.... at home.... in the playoffs... I had no doubt in my mind, once we got the ball back and had to drive down to win, it was over. Haven’t seen Alex prove he can be that guy with any consistency to think otherwise.

Edit And I know our defense would have got torched by Pitt the next week and we’d have been out then. Our defense wasn’t near championship level this season.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 07:56 AM
It’s def a team sport. But within that team you have to have a qb who can lead you late in a tight game (most of the time). Not one who gets happy feet and runs into sacks, when he needs to be clutch. You need defense to win, but if you’re in the game with time running out.... down by only a few.... do you really want Alex Smith as your qb in that situation? How many times has he shown us he’s capable of overcoming that situation? Aside from Alex’s family that’s on here, I don’t think too many people thought we REALLY had a shot when it came down to that situation against Tenn.... at home.... in the playoffs... I had no doubt in my mind, once we got the ball back and had to drive down to win, it was over. Haven’t seen Alex prove he can be that guy with any consistency to think otherwise.

The thing is, most people aren't pretending that Alex a savior of inadequate teams.

But 'the TN situation' is something that ONLY happens to Chiefs teams. The Steelers kept coming back on the Jaguars because they're the Steelers and are loaded with offensive talent.

The Chiefs are not only the only team in the playoffs, but perhaps the only team in the LEAGUE that the Titans can come back from a 20 point deficit on, and that's because they can't run the ball and play defense when it's actually called for, even when they have the lead.

And the contingent that is obsessed with the QB position doesn't give a single shit about that 'part' of football. It's just a fluke, defense is luck, excitement over a QB will fix all of that, blah, blah, blah. They tune out completely unless the ball is flying through the air, which is the only 'part' of the sport they give a shit about.

Sure, there will always be situations where you are forced to rely on a desperate drive by the QB to come back from the verge of defeat, but just as much as Alex might not be that guy, the Chiefs are the only team for which that need arises from double-digit leads forfeited in the playoffs.

So now we have this mindset in the fanbase that actually fielding a quality team is 'too hard and complicated.' Better to field one good player and hope he's good enough to make an inferior team competitive.

Rasputin
01-16-2018, 07:56 AM
At least games will be fun with Patrick Mahomes II and we have a greater chance of winning Championships each year he is at the helm because each year we can tweak the teams needs and make it a Super Bowl caliber team.

Our offense will put up points that the defense will get to defend and give the ball back to the offense to score more points.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 08:00 AM
At least games will be fun with Patrick Mahomes II and we have a greater chance of winning Championships each year he is at the helm because each year we can tweak the teams needs and make it a Super Bowl caliber team.

Our offense will put up points that the defense will get to defend and give the ball back to the offense to score more points.

That's because you only define fun as throwing the ball into the air.

There are tons of sports involving throwing balls long distances and catching them at the other end.

Football can ALSO be fun when the people on the defense are actually skilled as well, and NO their spectacular plays are not flukes.

Best22
01-16-2018, 08:06 AM

There are tons of sports involving throwing balls long distances and catching them at the other end.

Football can ALSO be fun when the people on the defense are actually skilled as well, and NO their spectacular plays are not flukes.

Yep. We blew an 18 point lead to a team that just lined up and ran the ball

Terrible

Rasputin
01-16-2018, 08:08 AM

No that's not it. I define fun by winning in the post season and fun by being a dominant team on both sides of the ball and running the ball in the fourth quarter to cement the win. Now the problem again is Andy Reid stepping on the offense dicks if it comes to running the ball.

I like watching Hunt run the ball I think he is fun to watch. I think a balanced attack is the way to go. With Patrick Mahomes II teams have to respect the deep ball to Tyreek Hill and at the same time have to keep Hunt from running over them up the middle and breaking off huge gains. This team is going be fun to watch with Patrick Mahomes II at the helm.

Get past the learning curve and growing pains this year and I think we will be contenders for years to come but we need team growth on both sides of the ball and special teams contribute. We need to work over the refs obviously so maybe we can get some calls our way.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2018, 08:42 AM
Welcome back Baby _Lee. We’ve missed your meltdowns after you disappeared when alex started tanking the season for us.

Rasputin
01-16-2018, 08:46 AM
OP is right we need to revamp this defense so that's why trading Alex Smith this off season for draft picks we can use on defense, that's a great idea :thumb:

Sandy Vagina
01-16-2018, 08:50 AM
The thing is, most people aren't pretending that Alex a savior of inadequate teams.

But 'the TN situation' is something that ONLY happens to Chiefs teams. The Steelers kept coming back on the Jaguars because they're the Steelers and are loaded with offensive talent.

The Chiefs are not only the only team in the playoffs, but perhaps the only team in the LEAGUE that the Titans can come back from a 20 point deficit on, and that's because they can't run the ball and play defense when it's actually called for, even when they have the lead.

And the contingent that is obsessed with the QB position doesn't give a single shit about that 'part' of football. It's just a fluke, defense is luck, excitement over a QB will fix all of that, blah, blah, blah. They tune out completely unless the ball is flying through the air, which is the only 'part' of the sport they give a shit about.

Sure, there will always be situations where you are forced to rely on a desperate drive by the QB to come back from the verge of defeat, but just as much as Alex might not be that guy, the Chiefs are the only team for which that need arises from double-digit leads forfeited in the playoffs.

So now we have this mindset in the fanbase that actually fielding a quality team is 'too hard and complicated.' Better to field one good player and hope he's good enough to make an inferior team competitive.

This post is awesome... especially the final sentiment, in which you worded far better than I have been. So reiteration!

:clap:

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2018, 08:53 AM
If you're going to manage games or rely on a good defense, you better be able to close the door. The second half offensive performances in our 4 playoff losses have not only been bad, they were downright embarrassing to watch.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 08:53 AM
Welcome back Baby _Lee. We’ve missed your meltdowns after you disappeared when alex started tanking the season for us.

I didn't 'disappear' I left. I left because this place largely isn't an entertaining or enjoyable place to be any more.

The Chiefs are depressing enough in themselves. Arguing with people more invested in their board squabbles than the team is not productive and doesn't foster any of the remaining affection I have for the team.

You know it's true that people are more invested in fighting on CP than any interest in the team, or you wouldn't be so put out that I declined to participate.

But mostly I left for reasons completely unrelated to this QB petty squabble, that I won't get into because it's not worth the grief and recriminations.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 08:56 AM
If you're going to manage games or rely on a good defense, you better be able to close the door. The second half offensive performances in our 4 playoff losses have not only been bad, they were downright embarrassing to watch.

And the lack of running, the playcalls and the defense were just fluky things that happened to happen.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 08:59 AM
OP is right we need to revamp this defense so that's why trading Alex Smith this off season for draft picks we can use on defense, that's a great idea :thumb:

Absolutely. The cap and the relentless march of time have rendered Alex moot here.

My concern for 2017 was the Chiefs.
My concern for 2018 is the Chiefs

In 2017, Alex was a given, so all the bellyaching was wasted effort for a fanbase. Productive effort was to be found in trying to get the team to play sound and to its potential.

In 2018, the dynamics change, and now the pressure is on actually building a team that can't blame all their inadequacies on one person.

MoF, I'd nearly rather go 0-16 for 5 years than for Alex to come back. Not because of Alex or Patrick, but because of the tired retarded squabble here.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2018, 09:01 AM
I didn't 'disappear' I left. I left because this place largely isn't an entertaining or enjoyable place to be any more.

The Chiefs are depressing enough in themselves. Arguing with people more invested in their board squabbles than the team is not productive and doesn't foster any of the remaining affection I have for the team.

You know it's true that people are more invested in fighting on CP than any interest in the team, or you wouldn't be so put out that I declined to participate.

But mostly I left for reasons completely unrelated to this QB petty squabble, that I won't get into because it's not worth the grief and recriminations.

Yes CP for decades as been more entertaining than the product on the field.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 09:02 AM
Yes CP for decades as been more entertaining than the product on the field.

If you are entertained by constant manufactured hatred.

Perhaps you might enjoy the WWE?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2018, 09:07 AM
You're right, I did. Why? Because his lack of passing success held the team back. And it proved to be our undoing in the postseason.

The narrative never changed you butt ****ING moron. It was always "be good enough to win playoff games."

Smith put up pretty numbers and got this team to 9-7, completely ****ing failing in the second half of that playoff game to live up to the big sexy stats you stroked off to all year.

So what ****ing good are they?

They're as useless as the 4,000 yards and 28 TDs Elvis Grbac put up in 2000.

We've lived this shit before. You still don't get it.

But at least we're finally getting what we want:

A CHIEFS FOOTBALL TEAM NOT QUARTERBACKED BY YOUR ****ING CUCK

So, for what will surely not be the last time: PLEASE **** OFF.

Tldr

Triggered!

OKchiefs
01-16-2018, 09:27 AM
Dude, of course you are correct and most all NFL people recognize that D wins SB's but that doesn't matter around here.

They want to be right, that's all, to shout down other posters who don't think just like they do (they are pro's you know). Its nice and easy/lazy to blame Alex for all our problems but boy they told us so. Never mind that most of those same idiots wanted Geno or the like over the years.

But get ready for next year cause all of sudden the arguments you've been making like "its a team game" and "defense wins", etc. will be all the rage around here. No longer will the qb be to blame as they have announced that Pat is the savior and nothing will or can be his fault. Sad really, to put that much on him and I hope he succeeds but it will definitely be a much different standard/excuses.

You're comparing a second year player to a 12 or 13 year veteran. Who's the dumbass here? Of course Mahomes shouldn't have the same expectations as Smith. I can almost guarantee it won't take Mahomes 9 years to throw more than 20 touchdowns in a season like it took Smith.

Eleazar
01-16-2018, 09:31 AM
Absolutely. The cap and the relentless march of time have rendered Alex moot here.

In 2017, Alex was a given, so all the bellyaching was wasted effort for a fanbase. Productive effort was to be found in trying to get the team to play sound and to its potential.

In 2018, the dynamics change, and now the pressure is on actually building a team that can't blame all their inadequacies on one person.

MoF, I'd nearly rather go 0-16 for 5 years than for Alex to come back. Not because of Alex or Patrick, but because of the tired retarded squabble here.

This

SuperBowl4
01-16-2018, 09:35 AM
GO JAG's! I would love to see the JAG's go into Foxborough and end the Patriot's season!

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 09:45 AM
This

One interesting irony. My position has reliably been that Mahomes was worth waiting for. That Alex was good enough to win with a good team, and it was better to target Mahomes when he came available than to gamble on Geno, Lynch, Bridgewater, Carr, Manuel, Tannehill, etc.

Further, I trusted Reid to decide when Mahomes was ready, so I supported the TEAM, whomever Reid chose as starting QB.

People accused me of being Alexsexual, and insisted that Reid would take the superior talent of these lesser QBs and make something greater to win the in the playoffs with.

Now, we're in 2018, and the narrative is the Mahomes is such a singular talent that he will not only cover the team's inadequacies but Reid's as well.

Which, even if completely true, is a vindication of MY position, not theirs.

I think and hope that Mahomes will set new standards for QB play. But if and when he does, moving on from Alex to him will have been the right move because of how good HE is, not because we were simply ready for any other QB of any talent level, because that was the one position holding us back. I don't see how that is less respectful of Mahomes. Seems like more respectful to me. My regret will not be waiting too long to start him. It will be that we didn't bequeath him a team and organization worthy of his talents.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2018, 09:52 AM
And the lack of running, the playcalls and the defense were just fluky things that happened to happen.

Yes. All those things. But in the end, regardless of what happened before, we had the ball in our hands and just needed a FG. We failed. Lots of reasons why we lost. And that is a big one. I respect Alex Smith and what he's done for this franchise. But that is a big illustration of why we hit our ceiling. It isn't one game, it's consistent across all our playoff losses.

Mr. Plow
01-16-2018, 10:03 AM

Now, we're in 2018, and the narrative is the Mahomes is such a singular talent that he will not only cover the team's inadequacies but Reid's as well.

Nonsense. You are taking the view of a very few and passing it off as everyone to fit your need.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 10:07 AM
Nonsense. You are taking the view of a very few and passing it off as everyone to fit your need.

I've watched, looking specifically for the elusive 'reasonable fan.' And I've seen a ton of the 'very few' being very vocal about how Mahomes will fix everything wrong with the team, no matter how it underachieves, and some people giving them attaboys. And I've seen people talking as I do derided as Alexsexuals. Haven't seen your supposed silent majority speaking up much of anywhere.

TBH, part of why I stepped away was to let the reasonable people assert themselves if they intended to. Didn't happen.

Mr. Plow
01-16-2018, 10:12 AM
I've watched, looking specifically for the elusive 'reasonable fan.' And I've seen a ton of the 'very few' being very vocal about how Mahomes will fix everything wrong with the team, no matter how it underachieves, and some people giving them attaboys. And I've seen people talking as I do derided as Alexsexuals. Haven't seen your supposed silent majority speaking up much of anywhere.

TBH, part of why I stepped away was to let the reasonable people assert themselves if they intended to. Didn't happen.

You see what you want to see.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 10:15 AM
You see what you want to see.

I stand behind my powers of observation. You go on with your powers of supposition and inference.

Res ipsa loquitur.

Easy 6
01-16-2018, 10:16 AM
Every single sonofabitching thread becomes a Smith thread, smh

Whats for dinner? Alex Smith

What killed Dolores O'Riordan? Alex Smith

Looking for a new truck, what do you suggest? get an Alex Smith 150

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 10:18 AM

Coochie liquor
01-16-2018, 10:36 AM

So you’d nearly rather the team you support go 0-16 for 5 years but still be able to come on cp without hearing Smith squabbling?

I think I’d rather them win a SB and be banned from cP for 5 years, but that’s just me!

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 10:40 AM
So you’d nearly rather the team you support go 0-16 for 5 years but still be able to come on cp without hearing Smith squabbling?

I think I’d rather them win a SB and be banned from cP for 5 years, but that’s just me!

First off, I said NEARLY.
Second, my hypothetical was only the choice between another year of Alex squabbling and 5 years of losses.
Third, it was TIC hyperbole. Neither has more than the most hypothetical chance of happening, and I'd have control over neither in any case.

I think I'd rather win 2 SBs, fuck Shanola Hampton's brains out, and have the internet cease to exist altogether, if we're opening the options up. ;)

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2018, 10:40 AM

That's not what I'm seeing. I think most people, the less vocal majority, are excited for mahomes because he has a high ceiling. Whereas Alex Smith we know he has a playoff floor, but a very low chance of a super bowl ceiling. Most of us are content to take a shot at mahomes even if that means he fails.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 10:42 AM
That's not what I'm seeing. I think most people, the less vocal majority, are excited for mahomes because he has a high ceiling. Whereas Alex Smith we know he has a playoff floor, but a very low chance of a super bowl ceiling. Most of us are content to take a shot at mahomes even if that means he fails.

That's not SEEING. Again, that is inference and supposition.

Mr. Plow
01-16-2018, 10:48 AM
That's not SEEING. Again, that is inference and supposition.

You are, and have been, complaining about a group of 10-15 people on a board of thousands of posters. Those same 10-15 people have their polar opposite on the board. So you have 20-30 people out of however many thousand posters that are either die hard Smith haters or die hard Smith lovers - with no in between.

What you don't see is the enormous group in between them that can appreciate what Smith is, while complaining about his limitations.

Again - you see what you want to see.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 10:52 AM
You are, and have been, complaining about a group of 10-15 people on a board of thousands of posters. Those same 10-15 people have their polar opposite on the board. So you have 20-30 people out of however many thousand posters that are either die hard Smith haters or die hard Smith lovers - with no in between.

What you don't see is the enormous group in between them that can appreciate what Smith is, while complaining about his limitations.

Again - you see what you want to see.

You're right, I don't mind read the THOUSANDS of non posters here who read the site and don't say anything.

Congrats though, you've upbraided my shortcomings. Something you seem unable to do with people you 'actually' disagree with philosophically about the team.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2018, 10:56 AM
You're right, I don't mind read the THOUSANDS of non posters here who read the site and don't say anything.

Congrats though, you've upbraided my shortcomings. Something you seem unable to do with people you 'actually' disagree with philosophically about the team.

Dude. Relax. At this rate you’re gonna stroke out and totally miss the Mahomes era.

Xanax. You should try it.

Mr. Plow
01-16-2018, 11:00 AM

Keep beating that drum that the board is against you and that you know better than everyone else.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 11:01 AM
Dude. Relax. At this rate you’re gonna stroke out and totally miss the Mahomes era.

Xanax. You should try it.

What? I conceded the genius of his trenchant observations.

bigjosh
01-16-2018, 11:02 AM

https://weeddiaries.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/pass-the-blunt.jpg

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 11:02 AM
Keep beating that drum that the board is against you and that you know better than everyone else.

Keep beating the drum that CP is all about the THOUSANDS of people who read it and don't contribute.

Mr. Plow
01-16-2018, 11:09 AM
Keep beating the drum that CP is all about the THOUSANDS of people who read it and don't contribute.

Keep chalking CP up to 10-15 people you don't agree with.

Coochie liquor
01-16-2018, 11:10 AM
First off, I said NEARLY.
Second, my hypothetical was only the choice between another year of Alex squabbling and 5 years of losses.
Third, it was TIC hyperbole. Neither has more than the most hypothetical chance of happening, and I'd have control over neither in any case.

I think I'd rather win 2 SBs, fuck Shanola Hampton's brains out, and have the internet cease to exist altogether, if we're opening the options up. ;)

Only 2 SB’s?? Let’s beat Brady’s record and shut down the NFL if that’s the case?

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 11:15 AM
Keep chalking CP up to 10-15 people you don't agree with.

No, you offer sage advice. When I read what's actually on CP, I'll just imagine all the reasonable people who read here and have quality insights they simply decline to share.

Rasputin
01-16-2018, 11:16 AM

That son of a bitch :cuss:

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 11:16 AM
Only 2 SB’s?? Let’s beat Brady’s record and shut down the NFL if that’s the case?

I still get 30 glorious seconds with Shanola?

bigjosh
01-16-2018, 12:03 PM
That son of a bitch :cuss:

I only went to that thread after seeing that comment and thinking "how in the hell could they turn that into an Alex Smith tread? LMAO

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 12:49 PM
So now we have this mindset in the fanbase that actually fielding a quality team is 'too hard and complicated.'

The 2014 and 2015 Chiefs were top 7 in rushing offense and defensive yards and points allowed.

The Chiefs have fielded quality teams.

Smith played EXCLUSIVELY with top 7 scoring defenses from 2011-2016.

He wasted them all.

You're not going to have a perfect team seven years running. You better do your job as a QB and pick up the slack somewhere at some point.

Oh, you did it during the wrong year when the defense was only average in scoring? Well maybe just get one field goal in a fucking half, super duper AWESOME QB dude.

No?

Then get the fuck out.

This team had opportunities in the clutch to win FIVE more games...FIVE games that could have earned them the #1 seed and a trip to the AFC Championship game. But Alex fucking CHOKED. Like he has ALWAYS done.

Your narrative is bullshit.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 12:59 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

The Chiefs had the league's leading rusher, dynamic receivers, an offensive line that continues to get better, and a defense that was top 5 in points allowed over the last eight games, despite the bellyaching.

There's a very solid team already in PLACE, waiting for a QB who doesn't choke in the clutch like it's his job.

God, we might actually be able to score 24 points in a playoff game! You know how many times that's happened since 1993?

TWICE.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-16-2018, 01:06 PM
Vikings

Total Yds - #1
Pass Yds - #2
Rush Yds - #2
Ppg - #1

Eagles

Total Yds - #4
Pass Yds - #17
Rush Yds - #1
Ppg #4

Jags

Total Yds - #2
Pass Yds - #1
Rush Yds - #21
Ppg #2

Pats

Total Yds - #29
Pass Yds - #30
Rush Yds - #20
Ppg - #5

Starting QBs - Brady, Keenum, Bortles, Foles.

I know most of you morons on here think football is a one-on-one sport and QB is the only position that matters but clearly that is not the case. Defense still is very important. Always has been that way and always will be. You can have the GOAT QB but w a trash defense the odds of winning the SB are slim to none.

Even the Pats have the #5 defense as far as ppg and pretty much all their SB winning teams had a top defense. Anyone who minimizes the importance of a good defense doesn't understand football.

So the lesson here is if you're gonna have a JAG quarterback, better make sure you have an elite defense.

If not, you're going to be relying on an elite play-making QB to carry your team in the playoffs.

This post makes the perfect argument for why Alex Smith should not be the Chiefs QB going forward.

Thank you.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 01:15 PM
So the lesson here is if you're gonna have a JAG quarterback, better make sure you have an elite defense.

If not, you're going to be relying on an elite play-making QB to carry your team in the playoffs.

This post makes the perfect argument for why Alex Smith should not be the Chiefs QB going forward.

Thank you.

You use 'elite defense' like it's this mythical thing that only shows up once every '85 Bears or so, when the majority of playoff successful franchises field one year in, year out.

And you use 'elite QB' like it's anyone the franchise targets in the draft, when you're putting expectations on the position to surpass any single player in the history of the sport.

Dave Lane
01-16-2018, 02:38 PM

Good then we don't need Alex. Take his salary get some defensive players. I approve.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-16-2018, 02:47 PM
You use 'elite defense' like it's this mythical thing that only shows up once every '85 Bears or so, when the majority of playoff successful franchises field one year in, year out.

And you use 'elite QB' like it's anyone the franchise targets in the draft, when you're putting expectations on the position to surpass any single player in the history of the sport.

Mythical thing? I think my post was indicating that 3 of the 4 teams left in the hunt have an elite defense this year. The only one that doesn't is the team that has Tom Brady.

I think you missed the point of my post.

But thank you for telling me what I meant . . . . .

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 03:30 PM

Kind of like the teams Alex Smith played on from 2011-2016!

Golly gee! Too bad he couldn't take advantage!

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 03:31 PM
3 of the 4 teams left in the hunt have an elite defense this year.

And two of those three needed 29 and 45 points to advance...

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 03:42 PM
Kind of like the teams Alex Smith played on from 2011-2016!

Golly gee! Too bad he couldn't take advantage!

ROFL ROFL ROFL - those TEAMS that ALEX played.

Your obsession is all-encompassing.

RunKC
01-16-2018, 03:48 PM
We do need to build up the defense as much as possible. We’ve invested much more in offense.

Time to stack this front 7.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 03:50 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL - those TEAMS that ALEX played.

Your obsession is all-encompassing.

You don't have a fucking point. You've never had one.

You want to tear down teams that were good enough to win the Super Bowl because of thinly veiled homerism for another cuck game manager.

I mean, you really think the 2012 Ravens were ALL THAT? They didn't even have a 1,000-yard receiver. Statistically speaking, their defense was nothing special at all. Bernard fucking Pollard started for them.

They won because of QB play in the goddamn playoffs.

The following season their defense was BETTER and they got WORSE as a team because the QB took a giant shit on himself all year.

You're pathetic. Go back to Arrowhead Pride and stroke it off with the other homers.

Sandy Vagina
01-16-2018, 03:55 PM
They won because of QB play in the goddamn playoffs.

Just as KC would have, if passes that hit receivers in the hands would have been held onto.

You can overlook this as much as you want to fit your narrative, but it doesn't escape the people that are viewing this reasonably.

ARROW2
01-16-2018, 03:57 PM
Hammock, keep preachin the truth brotha.....

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 04:04 PM
Just as KC would have, if passes that hit receivers in the hands would have been held onto.

You can overlook this as much as you want to fit your narrative, but it doesn't escape the people that are viewing this reasonably.

You think that was the first fucking playoff game the Chiefs have played where receivers dropped passes?

Do you have any fucking idea how many passes were dropped against the Broncos in 1997? Or against the Colts in 2003? TWO touchdown passes were dropped that day. You think Bono didn't have passes dropped in 1995? Tony Moeaki dropped a fucking BOMB on the Chiefs first possession in 2010. I'll show you the fucking footage you fucking whore.

On the flip side of the coin, even MORE were dropped by JJ Birden and Willie Davis against the Oilers in 1993. But the Chiefs STILL WON.

Because the QB wasn't a cuck.

Dropped passes are NOT an excuse. Alex still had opportunities to win that game. He makes ONE pass after the muffed punt, or at the end of the game near midfield, and the Chiefs win.

That's all he had to do. No touchdown. No herculean feat. Just find one of the open receivers in one of those two clutch situations. Instead he was shitting his pants in the pocket, chucking the ball for a loss and trying to scramble his way to the divisional round.

The margins are razor thin in the playoffs. Alex Smith gets his fucking jugular cut every time, and that's why we blew the fucking number one seed, why we've lost in the playoffs at HOME in consecutive years for the FIRST TIME EVER, and why he's FINALLY FUCKING GONE, YOU BITCH.

Frosty
01-16-2018, 04:16 PM
And two of those three needed 29 and 45 points to advance...

And these play-off games are showing that with today's rules, just relying on your elite defense is going to get your ass beat. Both the Vikings and Jags built a big lead and then tried to go into run out the clock mode. It allowed the other teams to come back and only a fluke play and Bortles going all Tom Brady in the 4th quarter preserved the wins.

You gotta be like the Patriots and not let up when you have your foot on the opponent's throat.

Shag
01-16-2018, 04:21 PM

OMG, drops!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Decker has hands of stone <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Titans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Titans</a> <a href="https://t.co/6mTPetQ8sT">pic.twitter.com/6mTPetQ8sT</a></p>&mdash; Marina Molnar (@mkmolnar) <a href="https://twitter.com/mkmolnar/status/949768527027859457?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reerun_KC
01-16-2018, 04:24 PM
Blame the WRs. When you constantly fail. Look to pass blame to avoid being the main piece of failure.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 04:26 PM
but the drops guys

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SipJxRerBI8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rico
01-16-2018, 04:35 PM

Now he is beating a drum that everyone on the board (except for the Alexsexual species that he is part of) is against him, but the THOUSANDS of people who read, but don't post are reasonable and share his bullshit narrative...when in reality, these thousands of lurkers probably find it refreshing to read the truth...that things aren't always cheery and bubbly with a bunch of rainbow penises like the comments they are used to reading from people who post about the Chiefs on the Chiefs Facebook page...people who probably don't even watch the games, but will catch the score and sometimes maybe even read a box score.

rico
01-16-2018, 04:35 PM

Speaking of your shortcomings... I am glad that your bed sores have healed to the point where your traveling nurse was actually able to reposition you in your bed, giving you the range to for your stubby fingers to reach the keys on your laptop so you can log back on to CP!!!!!! Everyone is so GLAD that you are back and exposing your hypocrisy/lame jokes and cyber micro-penis and splooging it all over the place!!! You know...I used to think you were the most obtuse person to ever post on CP....but now I am starting to think you could be in the running for "dumbest, douchiest, idiot to ever manage to log on to the internet."

Yeah, yeah, this whole "this is a team game, LEAVE ALEX ALONE" kick you've been on... yeah...football is a team game...freaking DERP. But you fail to acknowledge that the QB position carries more weight than the other positions...there is a reason that the QB is considered to be the leader of the team. Historically, there have been many more teams that have won the Super Bowl with a sub-par defensive tackle than have won the Super Bowl with a sub-par QB. I'm obviously on the side that thinks that Alex is too limited and too much of a pussy to LEAD the Chiefs to a Super Bowl victory. Therefore, I feel as if supporting him as our QB is basically like accepting football fandom Purgatory...something I am unwilling to do. Therefore, I (and others) feel that until the change at QB has officially been made, complaining about the other positions as vocally as the QB position is like pissing in the wind. Running on a treadmill. Sure they need to be addressed, but until the change at QB has officially been made, it's difficult to be as balanced about it in terms of being vocal.

I hope Mahomes is a capable QB (capable of leading the Chiefs to a Super Bowl victory), because I would LOVE to spend more time focusing on the other positions/personnel associated with the Chiefs. I don't necessarily like this QB treadmill we have been on for a decade that has been set on the "steep decline" position at times. It's kind of hard to shoot your wad in Purgatory...however, if you are content with not shooting your wad, ever, then good for you, I guess!!!

"Gotta have a quarterback." -Mike Singletary

rico
01-16-2018, 04:36 PM
I would say this is probably the point that Sutton brought up to Reid in order to keep his job.

If only I would have had Berry!

Haha, I probably would have played that card if I were Sutton...

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2018, 04:42 PM
You think that was the first ****ing playoff game the Chiefs have played where receivers dropped passes?

Do you have any ****ing idea how many passes were dropped against the Broncos in 1997? Or against the Colts in 2003? TWO touchdown passes were dropped that day. You think Bono didn't have passes dropped in 1995? Tony Moeaki dropped a ****ing BOMB on the Chiefs first possession in 2010. I'll show you the ****ing footage you ****ing whore.

On the flip side of the coin, even MORE were dropped by JJ Birden and Willie Davis against the Oilers in 1993. But the Chiefs STILL WON.

Because the QB wasn't a cuck.

Dropped passes are NOT an excuse. Alex still had opportunities to win that game. He makes ONE pass after the muffed punt, or at the end of the game near midfield, and the Chiefs win.

That's all he had to do. No touchdown. No herculean feat. Just find one of the open receivers in one of those two clutch situations. Instead he was shitting his pants in the pocket, chucking the ball for a loss and trying to scramble his way to the divisional round.

The margins are razor thin in the playoffs. Alex Smith gets his ****ing jugular cut every time, and that's why we blew the ****ing number one seed, why we've lost in the playoffs at HOME in consecutive years for the FIRST TIME EVER, and why he's FINALLY ****ING GONE, YOU BITCH.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1MvWIKcznVA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 04:46 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1MvWIKcznVA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dhGYLWedMDQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PAChiefsGuy
01-16-2018, 05:11 PM

It perplexes me that this thread has turned into yet another Alex Smith thread which is not what I intended. It's the same culprits who turn pretty much every thread into a Smitty thread. It's ridiculous.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 05:12 PM
Op referred to QB. You have no one but yourself to blame

SAUTO
01-16-2018, 05:20 PM
One interesting irony. My position has reliably been that Mahomes was worth waiting for. That Alex was good enough to win with a good team, and it was better to target Mahomes when he came available than to gamble on Geno, Lynch, Bridgewater, Carr, Manuel, Tannehill, etc.

Further, I trusted Reid to decide when Mahomes was ready, so I supported the TEAM, whomever Reid chose as starting QB.

People accused me of being Alexsexual, and insisted that Reid would take the superior talent of these lesser QBs and make something greater to win the in the playoffs with.

Which, even if completely true, is a vindication of MY position, not theirs.

I think and hope that Mahomes will set new standards for QB play. But if and when he does, moving on from Alex to him will have been the right move because of how good HE is, not because we were simply ready for any other QB of any talent level, because that was the one position holding us back. I don't see how that is less respectful of Mahomes. Seems like more respectful to me. My regret will not be waiting too long to start him. It will be that we didn't bequeath him a team and organization worthy of his talents.

Have you got a link where you said we should wait on mahomes instead of pull the trigger on any of those other guys?

You dont.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 05:20 PM
Now he is beating a drum that everyone on the board (except for the Alexsexual species that he is part of) is against him, but the THOUSANDS of people who read, but don't post are reasonable and share his bullshit narrative...when in reality, these thousands of lurkers probably find it refreshing to read the truth...that things aren't always cheery and bubbly with a bunch of rainbow penises like the comments they are used to reading from people who post about the Chiefs on the Chiefs Facebook page...people who probably don't even watch the games, but will catch the score and sometimes maybe even read a box score.

I wasn't talking to you, asshole

rico
01-16-2018, 05:21 PM
It perplexes me that this thread has turned into yet another Alex Smith thread which is not what I intended. It's the same culprits who turn pretty much every thread into a Smitty thread. It's ridiculous.

You know, Squirrel Tits...part of me kind of felt sorry for you...for a split second.

Then it hit me. You are a known Alexsexual here and you opened the can of worms in the OP when you went on the "Starting QB's: Foles, Keenum, Bortles and Brady. I know a lot of you morons think that the QB position that matters, yada-yada-yada" rant.

You were stirring the Alex debate pot and you know it, you angry, Alexsexual, squirrel-tittied gutter slut!!! You literally asked for it!!!

rico
01-16-2018, 05:22 PM
I wasn't talking to you, asshole

I wasn't talking to you in the post you quoted, CP-Gonoherpasyphilaids.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 05:22 PM
Have you got a link where you said we should wait on mahomes instead of pull the trigger on any of those other guys?

You dont.

Oh, great. The mods are weighing in again. Probably should be my signal.

Of course I never said wait on a guy who was in Jr. High at the time. But I was fine with skipping over them, particularly where we were positioned in the draft at the relevant times. I was enthusiastic about Mahomes early, and I was one of the first to applaud the move unreservedly, . . . unlike some people here with a less than stellar track record assessing talent.

But thanks for the input.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 05:25 PM
I wasn't talking to you in the post you quoted, CP-Gonoherpasyphilaids.

Too insecure to keep my name out your mouth, though.

PAChiefsGuy
01-16-2018, 05:26 PM
Op referred to QB. You have no one but yourself to blame

SB almost here Clay. Have fun in the banned camp. Hahahahaha.

Alex Smith got you banned. Lololol.

rico
01-16-2018, 05:27 PM
Of course I never said wait on a guy who was in Jr. High at the time.

Ewww Gross!!! Go take your homosexual pedophilia somewhere else!!!!

rico
01-16-2018, 05:28 PM
Too insecure to keep my name out your mouth, though.

So you admit it...your name is CP-Gonoherpasyphilaids?!?! I knew it!!! It's fitting!!!

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 05:28 PM
SB almost here Clay. Have fun in the banned camp. Hahahahaha.

Alex Smith got you banned. Lololol.

http://www.kappit.com/img/pics/201703_0622_abegb_sm.jpg

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 05:30 PM
http://www.kappit.com/img/pics/201703_0622_abegb_sm.jpg

rico is crying into his giant pillah, with you being his schoolgirl crush and negating him entire existence like that.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 05:32 PM
You weren’t winning shit bitchy lee.

rico
01-16-2018, 05:32 PM
rico is crying into his giant pillah, with you being his schoolgirl crush and negating him entire existence like that.

http://78.media.tumblr.com/98d4fb7e5d8dede0947de91a4539f586/tumblr_mh0opxpK3l1qdevj3o1_500.png

PAChiefsGuy
01-16-2018, 05:35 PM
Hey Clay when does your ban start again? Better find a new hobby. I hear they are looking for gay pride instructors around your area. Lmao.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2018, 05:45 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

The Chiefs had the league's leading rusher, dynamic receivers, an offensive line that continues to get better, and a defense that was top 5 in points allowed over the last eight games, despite the bellyaching.

There's a very solid team already in PLACE, waiting for a QB who doesn't choke in the clutch like it's his job.

God, we might actually be able to score 24 points in a playoff game! You know how many times that's happened since 1993?

TWICE.

Giving up 162 yards to a backup running back on 6.2 yards/carry is elite defense - Clay W.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 05:49 PM
Giving up 162 yards to a backup running back on 6.2 yards/carry is elite defense - Clay W.

The entire defense became disillusioned when they realized that Alex was their only hope.

Still cashed their game checks, though.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 05:50 PM

A field goal.

That's all it took.

One. Fucking. Field goal.

Baby Lee
01-16-2018, 05:53 PM
A field goal.

That's all it took.

One. Fucking. Field goal.

They had 18 points and pissed those away, but 3 more they could defend.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2018, 05:53 PM

Irony. Hypocritical alex only fan.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2018, 05:55 PM
A field goal.

That's all it took.

One. ****ing. Field goal.

One third down stop out of 8 tries.

That's all it took.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2018, 05:58 PM
So basically we need a defense to carry Alex according to alex only fans.

Without one that can make all the stops, turnovers and keep the other team off the field regardless. Alex has no shot.

See post #167 for the facts.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2018, 06:02 PM
One third down stop out of 8 tries.

That's all it took.

You know I’m agreeing with you here. You’re point is pretty solid and extremely on point. With out those stops, the game was over.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 06:15 PM
They had 18 points and pissed those away, but 3 more they could defend.

If you force the Titans to be one dimensional, they aren't going to beat you.

If Alex had taken us down for a FG at the end, they would have been in 2-minute mode.

We could have won...if only..a field goal.

Just one!!!

Against the buttfucking Titans!

Dude fell so far short it's comical.

rico
01-16-2018, 06:16 PM
QB play contributes to the defense...

Mike Singletary after being fired following an Alex season:

"You gotta have a quarterback," Singletary said. "That's what I learned about all this. It helps. A lot. It also helps the defense."

Before the rants about Singletary being a failure HC, I'd just like to note that the guy is in the NFL HOF for being really, really, really good at defense...I think he knows a thing or two about what helps the defense.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2018, 06:30 PM
If you force the Titans to be one dimensional, they aren't going to beat you.

If Alex had taken us down for a FG at the end, they would have been in 2-minute mode.

We could have won...if only..a field goal.

Just one!!!

Against the buttfucking Titans!

Dude fell so far short it's comical.

But as the alex only fans state. If the defense would of just gotten on me more stop then none of this would of mattered and the game wouldn’t of been on Alex and the offense after they got up 18. There’s no reason the offense should have to score or extend drives in the second half IF the defense would of just got one stop in eight opportunities.

penchief
01-16-2018, 06:41 PM
Irony. Hypocritical alex only fan.

The point of this thread was obvious. Textbook passive-aggressive behavior on the thread starter's part.

NJChiefsFan
01-16-2018, 07:59 PM

Do you have any stats to back this up? Not a loaded question, but you keep saying it and are labeling your own opinion as the reasonable one. Do the Chiefs really have more drops versus the QBs that you mentioned earlier?

Sandy Vagina
01-16-2018, 08:03 PM
Do you have any stats to back this up? Not a loaded question, but you keep saying it and are labeling your own opinion as the reasonable one. Do the Chiefs really have more drops versus the QBs that you mentioned earlier?

I am surprised to have to ask YOU this, but I'll ask anyway.

It's more about when the drops occur, now isn't it?

rico
01-16-2018, 08:04 PM

Here are the stats for the season...as expected, the Chiefs are right in the middle.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=nfl&rank=232&type=receiving

Rank Team Passes Dropped
1 Atlanta Falcons 30
2 New York Giants 29
3 San Francisco 49ers 29
4 Oakland Raiders 28
5 Seattle Seahawks 26
6 Jacksonville Jaguars 26
7 Indianapolis Colts 23
8 Arizona Cardinals 22
9 Chicago Bears 21
10 Cleveland Browns 21
11 Denver Broncos 21
12 Buffalo Bills 20
13 Cincinnati Bengals 20
14 Pittsburgh Steelers 20
15 Los Angeles Chargers 20
16 Baltimore Ravens 20
17 Green Bay Packers 19
18 Kansas City Chiefs 19
19 New England Patriots 19
20 Philadelphia Eagles 19
21 Minnesota Vikings 17
22 Washington Redskins 17
23 New York Jets 16
24 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16
25 Carolina Panthers 16
26 Dallas Cowboys 15
27 Miami Dolphins 15
28 Houston Texans 14
29 Tennessee Titans 14
30 Detroit Lions 13
31 Los Angeles Rams 13
32 New Orleans Saints 12

rico
01-16-2018, 08:06 PM

I'm sure that's probably distributed evenly... drops happen to every team in every situation...

Your Alexcuses are invalid.

rico
01-16-2018, 08:08 PM
So really, out of the 32 teams in the NFL, the Chiefs have the 13th fewest drops (tied). Not too bad!!!

NJChiefsFan
01-16-2018, 08:19 PM

Sure and I fully acknowledge the Charles drop. Still, are you sure those other QB's haven't had important drops to overcome? You also seemed to be mentioning multiple drops.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2018, 08:21 PM
https://i.giphy.com/media/3o6fJ65FFaCHCLXmzm/giphy.gif
https://i.giphy.com/media/xUOxff9SXURW7VkV0c/giphy.webp

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2018, 08:22 PM
Sure and I fully acknowledge the Charles drop. Still, are you sure those other QB's haven't had important drops to overcome? You also seemed to be mentioning multiple drops.

I've watched every single game of the playoffs and there has been not one group of receivers that dropped more/easier passes than what this Chiefs offense did against that Titans.

It all started with the Tyreek miss where the ball smacked him right on the face mask. That was a fantastic throw.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 08:25 PM
Yes, yes, tiger.

We know the Chiefs won that game because of their defense forcing five turnovers while Alex went 14/31.

Thank you for giving some credit to the other side of the ball.

Mr. Plow
01-16-2018, 08:46 PM
The entire defense became disillusioned when they realized that Alex was their only hope.

Still cashed their game checks, though.

Keep falling on that knife.

PAChiefsGuy
01-16-2018, 10:30 PM
Yes, yes, tiger.

We know the Chiefs won that game because of their defense forcing five turnovers while Alex went 14/31.

Thank you for giving some credit to the other side of the ball.

Who cares why we won... We won the fucking game. You are so obsessed with hating Alex Smith I bet you didn't even enjoy the win. Clay's post after the win 'We won the game but Alex Smith sucks!!!! Told you guys!'

Pathetic.

Chiefs4TheWin
01-16-2018, 10:38 PM
Well we know which side got each team to the dance, but I certainly know which one is winning.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2018, 10:46 PM
Who cares why we won... We won the ****ing game. You are so obsessed with hating Alex Smith I bet you didn't even enjoy the win. Clay's post after the win 'We won the game but Alex Smith sucks!!!! Told you guys!'

Pathetic.

The debate is about whether our QB has what it takes to consistently win games. You think that our 1 win out of 5 tries in a game where we forced 5 turnovers and had a kickoff return for a TD is some kind of vindication?

Alex Smith didn't suck the game. But that is about as clear cut of a game where the QB doesn't have to do anything. It's not even like Blake Bortles' 1st game where he's guarding a close lead.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2018, 11:11 PM
You are so obsessed with hating Alex Smith I bet you didn't even enjoy the win.

I'm well past enjoying fool's gold.

What's the fucking point?

It's like trying to enjoy a glory hole when you saw your dad walk into the porn shop five minutes earlier.

You know full well what's on the other side of that wall.

Baby Lee
01-17-2018, 02:07 AM
Keep falling on that knife.

Keep up the quality contributions. I've so enjoyed imagining what they must have been.

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2018, 05:37 AM
Keep up the quality contributions. I've so enjoyed imagining what they must have been.

He's not wrong. You're lumping the majority with, 10-15 who are trolling you or you don't recognize that a lot of the hate is toward alexsexuals and the bait they drop. Go to any thread earlier in the year. Tons of compliments for Alex. Trade threads legitimately believe he's worth a 2nd or 3rd because he can help a team. Take out the trolling on both sides, and you'd probably see a majority who see a solid regular season qb, top 15 or so, who doesn't have the ceiling to make any noise in the playoffs. If you don't see that you either are stuck in a bubble or you misinterpret that because we think he's average to slightly above average, that's viewed as unreasonable hate.for the guy.

PAChiefsGuy
01-17-2018, 05:48 AM
I'm well past enjoying fool's gold.

What's the ****ing point?

It's like trying to enjoy a glory hole when you saw your dad walk into the porn shop five minutes earlier.

You know full well what's on the other side of that wall.

You know what the difference between me and you is? I watch football to enjoy it. You watch to bitch and moan and post on a message board to strangers to try to prove how much smarter you are than everyone else.

If Chiefs lose or start a QB I don't like, I won't like it, but I'm not going to whine about it every day like a little bitch.

Get a life. It's just a game. There's more to life than the Chiefs.

Chiefnj2
01-17-2018, 06:11 AM
The debate is about whether our QB has what it takes to consistently win games. .

Why are people debating this? Smith can't consistently step up in the playoffs. That's why they used a top ten pick on a QB. The bigger question at this point is whether the coaching staff, receivers and defense can step up when it matters since the team doesn't have a plan yet for those positions.

PAChiefsGuy
01-17-2018, 06:15 AM
Why are people debating this? Smith can't consistently step up in the playoffs. That's why they used a top ten pick on a QB. The bigger question at this point is whether the coaching staff, receivers and defense can step up when it matters since the team doesn't have a plan yet for those positions.

I don't understand why Smitty was even brought up in this thread. He's done here. He is being trading in the offseason. Get over him already. Move on. It's Mahomes time now.

My goodness the Alex Smith haters are obsessed.

New World Order
01-17-2018, 08:04 AM
I don't understand why Smitty was even brought up in this thread. He's done here. He is being trading in the offseason. Get over him already. Move on. It's Mahomes time now.

Now that is one hell of an avatar.

Reerun_KC
01-17-2018, 08:28 AM
Now that is one hell of an avatar.

LMAO

Reerun_KC
01-17-2018, 08:29 AM

My goodness Alex only fans are obsessed with defending his honor in every thread.

Looking forward to you leaving when he does.

Mr. Plow
01-17-2018, 08:34 AM
He's not wrong. You're lumping the majority with, 10-15 who are trolling you or you don't recognize that a lot of the hate is toward alexsexuals and the bait they drop. Go to any thread earlier in the year. Tons of compliments for Alex. Trade threads legitimately believe he's worth a 2nd or 3rd because he can help a team. Take out the trolling on both sides, and you'd probably see a majority who see a solid regular season qb, top 15 or so, who doesn't have the ceiling to make any noise in the playoffs. If you don't see that you either are stuck in a bubble or you misinterpret that because we think he's average to slightly above average, that's viewed as unreasonable hate.for the guy.

:clap:

Hammock Parties
01-17-2018, 08:47 AM
It's just a game. There's more to life than the Chiefs.

I know, right? Imagine paying to go to a game.

Zounds!

SAUTO
01-17-2018, 10:46 AM
Oh, great. The mods are weighing in again. Probably should be my signal.

Of course I never said wait on a guy who was in Jr. High at the time. But I was fine with skipping over them, particularly where we were positioned in the draft at the relevant times. I was enthusiastic about Mahomes early, and I was one of the first to applaud the move unreservedly, . . . unlike some people here with a less than stellar track record assessing talent.

But thanks for the input.

Ok a poster first. And fuck you.

But back on topic...

You said that you wanted to wait on mahomes in your post, and pass on all those guys you knew would bust, that a lot of us wanted. Like you were all knowing. So I asked for a link. As usual you are full off shit

Baby Lee
01-17-2018, 10:52 AM
Ok a poster first. And fuck you.

But back on topic...

You said that you wanted to wait on mahomes in your post, and pass on all those guys you knew would bust, that a lot of us wanted. Like you were all knowing. So I asked for a link. As usual you are full off shit

You really are an inveterate piece of shit. Always with the constant chip on your shoulder. I apologize for ever pretending to know anything about automobiles, are you happy?

And clearly when I said 'wait on Mahomes' I meant, don't reach just because a QB is there, but act assertively when a QB of Mahome's caliber is within reach.

If anyone can honestly say they read my initial post and thought I was trying to say I knew Mahomes would be available for 1 st round picks when Tannehill was drafted, I'll apologize for that as well.

Otherwise, go fuck yourself. And poster first my ass.

Dylan
01-17-2018, 12:08 PM
What is wrong with Patriots' fans? Do they have to behave as arrogant scumbags whenever they invade opposing team's forums...?

Jaguars Fan to Patriots Fan:
OK... pretty sure everyone knows you've owned the hapless bills for a long time. Among all the other AFC trash like Miami and the jests over the years.
But you're not being smug at all, eh?

Sorry if some of us are excited for our team finally doing well.
Sorry if that brings a certain bravado with it as well.
Sorry...not sorry.

Good comeback... completely avoiding everything said and ending with some nonsense like "welcome to the NFL"

Been here... since before I had my own team the Jaguars.
Been down since day one.
As opposed to hopping on a bandwagon in the early 2000s

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=26600&page=12

Pats FAN
Jax's was 30th in the league in terms of strength.
There are 32 teams in the league.

At one point, NE had this:

@ Denver
vs Oakland but in Mexico City
@ Miami
@ Pitt

Show us a similar challenging stretch for Jax:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=26600&page=13

F'in stupid bastard... LMAO