PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Titans hire Mike Vrabel as new HC

Hammock Parties
01-20-2018, 05:08 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

More Patriot Way tomfuckery. The curse continues.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The new head coach of the Tennessee Titans is Mike Vrabel. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TitanUp?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TitanUp</a> <br><br>Leader of Men 📰 » <a href="https://t.co/mE5I53cZs8">https://t.co/mE5I53cZs8</a> <a href="https://t.co/P9WuvJ7Kol">pic.twitter.com/P9WuvJ7Kol</a></p>&mdash; Tennessee Titans (@Titans) <a href="https://twitter.com/Titans/status/954850343267065857?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BossChief
01-20-2018, 05:11 PM
Stupid move.

Needed to get a young, innovative and offensive minded coach in there to bring the potential out of Mariota.

This is more of the same from them. Foolish.

Bewbies
01-20-2018, 05:14 PM
They need an owner who isn’t in Houston.

Sassy Squatch
01-20-2018, 05:18 PM
Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2018, 05:20 PM
Pure. Fucking. Cronyism.

Jonathan Thomas "Jon" Robinson (born January 18, 1976) is an American football executive who is the general manager of the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL).

He then became an area scout for the Patriots in 2002, a position he held until 2006, when he was promoted to a regional scout. In 2008, he was promoted to the Patriots' assistant director of college scouting. In 2009, he was promoted to the position of Director of College Scouting for the New England Patriots, a position that he held until 2013.

notorious
01-20-2018, 05:28 PM
Oh My God.

Pablo
01-20-2018, 05:28 PM
Just the guy to coach up their run n' gun QBOTF.

LMAO

GoChargers
01-20-2018, 05:29 PM
Yet another franchise that will have to learn the hard way that the "Patriots Way" doesn't work without systemic cheating.

notorious
01-20-2018, 05:29 PM
It’s going to takes decades of treatments to flush the AIDstriot Way out of the NFL.

NJChiefsFan
01-20-2018, 05:40 PM
That......that's a mistake.

The Franchise
01-20-2018, 06:08 PM
Does he get to take Watt with him?

kccrow
01-20-2018, 06:16 PM
Stupid move.

Needed to get a young, innovative and offensive minded coach in there to bring the potential out of Mariota.

This is more of the same from them. Foolish.

I don't think that young offensive mind has to be the head coach. Vrabel was always a very smart football player and he's' been a pretty solid coach at OSU and in Houston. I do agree that he needs to bring someone in with him that balances that team though.

Frosty
01-20-2018, 06:16 PM
Yet another franchise that will have to learn the hard way that the "Patriots Way" doesn't work without systemic cheating.

And Tom Brady.

Easy 6
01-20-2018, 06:18 PM
Dont give two steaming shits, and Mariota is a ****ing bum

That scattershot mfer is accurate as a musket, all he consistently does well is run around... not a fan, never will be

Hammock Parties
01-20-2018, 06:22 PM
Tennessee just won a playoff game, fired the head coach and replaced him with a first-year defensive coordinator who took a defense ranked in the top 10 three years running and managed to improve it to 32nd.

I would be fucking horrified if I was a Titans fan.

SAUTO
01-20-2018, 06:24 PM
Tennessee just won a playoff game, fired the head coach and replaced him with a first-year defensive coordinator who took a defense ranked in the top 10 three years running and managed to improve it to 32nd.

To be fair they lost watt and mercilous plus more...

mcaj22
01-20-2018, 06:28 PM
Chiefs traded a 2nd round pick in 2009 to the Patriots for Cassel and Vrabel

that 2nd round pick was Patrick Chung and Vrabel is now Cassel's HEAD COACH

Hammock Parties
01-20-2018, 06:28 PM
To be fair they lost watt and mercilous plus more...

Makes you appreciate Bob Sutton, eh?

Sassy Squatch
01-20-2018, 06:30 PM
Makes you appreciate Bob Sutton, eh?
No. 2 of the 4 worst choke jobs in playoff history.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2018, 06:31 PM
No. 2 of the 4 worst choke jobs in playoff history.

Vrabel was part of 30-7 and 30-0 playoff losses...

Sassy Squatch
01-20-2018, 06:32 PM
Vrabel was part of 30-7 and 30-0 playoff losses...
So your point is Vrabel sucks so we should appreciate Sutton? Yeah, no.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2018, 06:34 PM
So your point is Vrabel sucks so we should appreciate Sutton? Yeah, no.

I'm just saying...given a dearth of talent, Vrabel coached a defense to absolute failure.

Sutton got it to mediocrity.

Sassy Squatch
01-20-2018, 06:36 PM
I'm just saying...given a dearth of talent, Vrabel coached a defense to absolute failure.

And then 2 of the 4 worst choke jobs in playoff history.

RunKC
01-20-2018, 06:36 PM

I would be ****ing horrified if I was a Titans fan.

Lost AJ Bouye
JJ Watt IR
Whitney Mercilus IR

That’s why they sucked on defense this year.

Al Bundy
01-20-2018, 06:45 PM

Yeah, no.

Easy 6
01-20-2018, 06:46 PM
And then 2 of the 4 worst choke jobs in playoff history.

We hear you loud and clear... but you, and we, might as well relax and buckle in for another patented Bad Bob thrill ride

Reid will be goddamned before he capitulates to the mob, his pride demands that we continue choking in historic ways

Sassy Squatch
01-20-2018, 06:49 PM
We hear you loud and clear... but you, and we, might as well relax and buckle in for another patented Bad Bob thrill ride

Reid will be goddamned before he capitulates to the mob, his pride demands that we continue choking in historic ways
Nope. Pounding this one into the dirt until Sutton is gone. Dude should've been fired after the Colts game, and he should've been fired after the Titans game. This is nothing compared to if Alex Smith is back next season, though.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2018, 06:50 PM
Lost AJ Bouye
JJ Watt IR
Whitney Mercilus IR

Sure, they had talent issues.

But it was the second-worst defense in franchise history.

What a stunning resume!

SAUTO
01-20-2018, 06:52 PM
And ROMEO CRENNEL will be the Texans new DC ROFL

mcaj22
01-20-2018, 06:52 PM
Lost AJ Bouye
JJ Watt IR
Whitney Mercilus IR

They still had

Zach Cunningham - 2nd round pick
Benardrick McKinney - 2nd round pick
Jadeveon Clowney - 1st round pick
Marcus Gilchrist - 2nd round pick
Kareem Jackson - 1st round pick
Kevin Johnson - 1st round pick

Without Cushing, Watt, Mercilus

If the Chiefs had two athletic 2nd round picks playing ILBer like that after losing Berry this defense would have looked 100x better.

Vrabel did a terrible job getting those young guys to play better.

Texans lose Mericilus and still have Clowney. Chiefs lose Dee Ford and have.........Frank Zombo.

Sassy Squatch
01-20-2018, 06:56 PM
They still had

Zach Cunningham - 2nd round pick
Benardrick McKinney - 2nd round pick
Jadeveon Clowney - 1st round pick
Marcus Gilchrist - 2nd round pick
Kareem Jackson - 1st round pick
Kevin Johnson - 1st round pick

Without Cushing, Watt, Mercilus

If the Chiefs had two athletic 2nd round picks playing ILBer like that after losing Berry this defense would have looked 100x better.

Vrabel did a terrible job getting those young guys to play better.

Texans lose Mericilus and still have Clowney. Chiefs lose Dee Ford and have.........Frank Zombo.

Or, you know, the 2nd round pick that played halfway decent in week 17 with the funny name.

Titty Meat
01-20-2018, 06:59 PM
Should have hired Scott Frost months ago. Yes I'm serious.

wheeler08
01-20-2018, 08:31 PM
I just don’t get the hard on for this guy. I can’t believe he was even getting interviews. One year as a D Coord. I don’t get it. Maybe if his first year was at Jacksonville or Minnesota

Mennonite
01-20-2018, 08:41 PM
I just don’t get the hard on for this guy. I can’t believe he was even getting interviews. One year as a D Coord. I don’t get it. Maybe if his first year was at Jacksonville or Minnesota

The three leading candidates for TN were Mike Vrabel, Steve Wilks, and Matt LaFleur. They had a grand total of three years experience between them as coordinators.

Shouldn't be surprising when you consider that the organization kept Jeff Fisher for a hundred years and then followed that up by hiring Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Munchak, and Mike Mularkey.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-20-2018, 08:46 PM
Vrabel is a meatheaded dipshit

Hammock Parties
01-20-2018, 08:47 PM

How do you think Pioli got hired?

These Patriot Way con artists are masters of schmoozing NFL brass.

They've been peddling their snake oil for well over a decade.

Coochie liquor
01-20-2018, 09:15 PM

Pretty much same thing Dungver did last year. Also the same tag line... leader of men.

Dey fucked!!!

Al Bundy
01-20-2018, 09:15 PM
If I'm a Titans fan I would not be thrilled with the hire.

Buehler445
01-20-2018, 09:22 PM
We should all root against this pole smoker because remember he was the other part of the Cassel trade.

TambaBerry
01-20-2018, 09:43 PM
I'd way rather take a chance on someone like Vrabel then a retread head coach who has proven that he is inept

Easy 6
01-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Vrabel is a meatheaded dipshit

Most likely the first time we've ever agreed about anything

They wanted a defensive minded Sean McVay, they got Ken Norton Jr instead

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-20-2018, 09:50 PM
BAH-ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES!

ROFL

If you listen closely, you can actually HEAR the sound of Peeholi pulling one off underneath his desk.

KChiefs1
01-20-2018, 09:50 PM
Andy Reid type hire.

RealSNR
01-20-2018, 09:55 PM
Vrabel is going to teach our young defensive guys how to play football! Coach on the field! Gives us toughness!

*proceeds to lead the team in missed tackles in 2009*

Demonpenz
01-20-2018, 09:59 PM
titans better get used to third down draws because Vrabel trusts his defense.

dirk digler
01-20-2018, 10:00 PM
Edit: Texans replace Vrabel with Romeo.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-20-2018, 10:02 PM
God I fucking hated Peeholi and his lame-assed, Cassel/Vrabel-combo of uselessness. In fact, I pretty much fucking hate ANYONE and EVERYONE who was part of another franchise at a high level of management or coaching or QBing coming to this fucking town and team.

ALL HAIL VEACH; THE COMPETENT UNKNOWN!

ALL HAIL MAHOMES: SUPERSTAR HOMEGROWN!

My interview process:

"Could an average fan of the NFL identify you from your previous franchise"?

"Well, most people would probably know me since I-"

"NEXT"! :)

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-20-2018, 10:03 PM
Vrabel hired Romeo for his DC. Lol

:facepalm:

Deberg_1990
01-20-2018, 10:14 PM

Bill Muir as offensive coordinator?

dirk digler
01-20-2018, 10:15 PM
Titan fans should be excited

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matt Cassel to Mike Vrabel. Tennessee Titans current backup QB to Tennessee Titans current HC Mike Vrabel. What a world. <a href="https://t.co/ZKsWggRhu8">pic.twitter.com/ZKsWggRhu8</a></p>&mdash; Chase Snyder (@ChasingSnyder) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChasingSnyder/status/954856790826594311?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Miles
01-20-2018, 10:18 PM
Texans fans seem happy with this.

KChiefs1
01-20-2018, 10:19 PM
Titan fans should be excited

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matt Cassel to Mike Vrabel. Tennessee Titans current backup QB to Tennessee Titans current HC Mike Vrabel. What a world. <a href="https://t.co/ZKsWggRhu8">pic.twitter.com/ZKsWggRhu8</a></p>&mdash; Chase Snyder (@ChasingSnyder) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChasingSnyder/status/954856790826594311?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2018</a></blockquote>

LMAO

Deberg_1990
01-20-2018, 10:20 PM
Todd Haley as offensive coordinator?

dirk digler
01-20-2018, 10:24 PM
Todd Haley as offensive coordinator?

No he isn't a Patriot guy.

SAUTO
01-20-2018, 10:25 PM

No. Romeo takes his place in Houston is what I read

RealSNR
01-20-2018, 10:29 PM
Pure. Fucking. Cronyism.

I think that's what stinks to high heaven about these buttfucking morons.

Andy Reid has developed himself quite a nice little coaching tree. Where do those guys find their staff? Dorsey, Schneider, McKenzie, and now Veach are also all loosely connected GMs of franchises through the Green Bay connection (Veach less so, but still). How do they hire head coaches?

There are crony hires, but most dudes will get some goddamn diversity of opinion and experience built into their staffs in both front office and coaching ranks.

Not these stupid fucking Patriot fuckfaces. There have been so many abject failures to infect other teams that the coaching staffs those guys built at one point are littered with coaches that can be picked over by the next young underqualified talentless dickless Patriot retard to get a head coaching job. Never will they look to other places. It's gotta be a system hire and a system hire only.

It's really fucking incredible. Has there ever been a tree of cronyism in sports that EVER produced championship success? I'm not talking the Bill Walsh tree or the Mike Holmgren tree. I'm talking straight up a tree of crony hires that will only ever hire other crony hires from the same tree like these insecure Patriot douchefucks.

dirk digler
01-20-2018, 10:29 PM
No. Romeo takes his place in Houston is what I read

shit yep I misread that. my bad

RealSNR
01-20-2018, 10:32 PM
It's like Jim Tomsula and Mike Singletary had a baby, and that baby became the next head coach of the Tennessee Titans.

WhiteWhale
01-21-2018, 02:21 AM
And ROMEO CRENNEL will be the Texans new DC ROFL

You mean the guy who coached them to the #3 D in 2015 and the #1 D in 2016?

What a nightmare for them.

R8RFAN
01-21-2018, 05:04 AM
Gruden >Vrabel

MotherfuckerJones
01-21-2018, 07:54 AM
I think that's what stinks to high heaven about these butt****ing morons.

Andy Reid has developed himself quite a nice little coaching tree. Where do those guys find their staff? Dorsey, Schneider, McKenzie, and now Veach are also all loosely connected GMs of franchises through the Green Bay connection (Veach less so, but still). How do they hire head coaches?

There are crony hires, but most dudes will get some goddamn diversity of opinion and experience built into their staffs in both front office and coaching ranks.

Not these stupid ****ing Patriot ****faces. There have been so many abject failures to infect other teams that the coaching staffs those guys built at one point are littered with coaches that can be picked over by the next young underqualified talentless dickless Patriot retard to get a head coaching job. Never will they look to other places. It's gotta be a system hire and a system hire only.

It's really ****ing incredible. Has there ever been a tree of cronyism in sports that EVER produced championship success? I'm not talking the Bill Walsh tree or the Mike Holmgren tree. I'm talking straight up a tree of crony hires that will only ever hire other crony hires from the same tree like these insecure Patriot douche****s.

It’s utterly ****ing amazing teams keep going to the Patriot well for failure. NFL teams are a glutton for punishment. That franchise is all Belicheat and Brady. I can’t beliebe teams fell for Patricia either. That stupid fucking pencil in his ear with a laminated play sheet. Hate that fucking guy.

MotherfuckerJones
01-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Gruden >Vrabel

Agreed but that’s a giant cash grab by Gruden lol.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-21-2018, 08:28 AM
This is precisely why the Patriots are so dominant. Unlike other major American sports, football is run by morons.

Pablo
01-21-2018, 09:07 AM
Gruden >VrabelThey're both semi-retarded desperation grabs, but yeah, you guys did better in that department.

TEX
01-21-2018, 09:14 AM
Vrabel was pushed through by the system. Dude wasn't even a good DC. He is nothing more than a good Position Coach.

R8RFAN
01-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Agreed but that’s a giant cash grab by Gruden lol.

Money means nothing when it comes to coaches.. just takes some cash from a man that couldn't spend the money he has in 10 lifetimes

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-21-2018, 09:36 AM
Money means nothing when it comes to coaches.. just takes some cash from a man that couldn't spend the money he has in 10 lifetimes

It's the "feel good" move for sure, will be interesting to see if it actually pays dividends.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-21-2018, 09:44 AM
I can't find anything online, but didn't ESPN have him on as a draft analyst while he was still an active player? And wasn't he evaluating players in useless "Patriot Way" terms?

GloucesterChief
01-21-2018, 10:20 AM
You mean the guy who coached them to the #3 D in 2015 and the #1 D in 2016?

What a nightmare for them.

Yeah but now you have a injury prone Watt and Cushing who isn't healthy or good without roids.

R8RFAN
01-21-2018, 10:37 AM
It's the "feel good" move for sure, will be interesting to see if it actually pays dividends.

The play calling will get better if nothing else

rabblerouser
01-21-2018, 11:11 AM
I think that's what stinks to high heaven about these butt****ing morons.

Not these stupid ****ing Patriot ****faces. There have been so many abject failures to infect other teams that the coaching staffs those guys built at one point are littered with coaches that can be picked over by the next young underqualified talentless dickless Patriot retard to get a head coaching job. Never will they look to other places. It's gotta be a system hire and a system hire only.

It's really ****ing incredible. Has there ever been a tree of cronyism in sports that EVER produced championship success? I'm not talking the Bill Walsh tree or the Mike Holmgren tree. I'm talking straight up a tree of crony hires that will only ever hire other crony hires from the same tree like these insecure Patriot douche****s.
Isn't Holmgren from the Walsh tree?

Top tier, though - you've got your Holmgrens and Mike Shanahans; won SBs as 49er assistants and as HCs elsewhere.

2nd Gen guys are 2nd tier - Andy Reid, Steve "Mooch" Mariucci, Brad Childress, etc.

Then bottom rung (could they ever get it done?) - here's where you keep your Paul Hacketts and your Marty Mornhingwegs and such.

Back on topic - Vrabel sucks. Texans fans shold rejoice to get rid of that toolshed.

Al Bundy
01-21-2018, 11:18 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Arizona wants to interview Patriots’ LB coach Brian Flores a second time for Cardinals’ HC job, per sources. If Flores gets the job, he would like to bring former Lions’ HC Jim Caldwell as his offensive coordinator, per sources.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/955127033281089541?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2018</a></blockquote>

rabblerouser
01-21-2018, 11:22 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Arizona wants to interview Patriots’ LB coach Brian Flores a second time for Cardinals’ HC job, per sources. If Flores gets the job, he would like to bring former Lions’ HC Jim Caldwell as his offensive coordinator, per sources.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/955127033281089541?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2018</a></blockquote>
ROFL

What a giant bunch of FAIL that will be.

ILChief
01-21-2018, 12:05 PM
Was hoping they'd hire Bob Sutton

Hammock Parties
01-21-2018, 01:10 PM
Vrabel was pushed through by the system. Dude wasn't even a good DC. He is nothing more than a good Position Coach.

Leave NE.

Play like shit on a team infected by the Patriot Way.

Retire, dupe your alma mater into giving you a low-level coaching position.

Piggyback on the hire of noted Patriot Way virus Bill 'O Brien and make your way to Houston.

"Pay your dues" on a team that won nothing while destroying their defense.

Go into Jon Robinson's office and do your little shimmy. Assure him you can instill Patriot Way values in a way Mike Mularkey NEVER did. After all, you know the system. You've been steeped in it for decades.

HEAD COACH!

Coach
01-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Just going off by memory here....

Patriot assistants under Belichick in New England that were hired as HC's:

Eric Mangini - New York Jets & Cleveland Browns - 33–47 (.413)
Romeo Crennel - Cleveland Browns & Kansas City - 28–55 (.337)
Josh McDaniels - Denver Broncos - 11–17 (.393)
Bill O'Brien - Houston Texans - 31–33 (.484)

saphojunkie
01-21-2018, 02:58 PM
I know this isn't about Sutton, but the clear message out of Arrowhead is "John Dorsey is responsible for the shitty talent on the defense."

The time has come to start Mahomes, let him singlehandedly make the offense better, and pour every resource into building the most talented defense in the NFL.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-21-2018, 04:43 PM
I know this isn't about Sutton, but the clear message out of Arrowhead is "John Dorsey is responsible for the shitty talent on the defense."

The time has come to start Mahomes, let him singlehandedly make the offense better, and pour every resource into building the most talented defense in the NFL.

This is correct.

Now, hire me a true general to spearhead the motherfucker, and we'll all be golden.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-21-2018, 04:45 PM
Soooooooooooooooooooo tired of the Muir's and Sutton's of the world. Ageism? If you say so.

Don't care.

Where in God's name is my middle-aged, seasoned, and innovative Bill Cowher Jr.?

Give, please.

RealSNR
01-21-2018, 05:46 PM
Isn't Holmgren from the Walsh tree?

Top tier, though - you've got your Holmgrens and Mike Shanahans; won SBs as 49er assistants and as HCs elsewhere.

2nd Gen guys are 2nd tier - Andy Reid, Steve "Mooch" Mariucci, Brad Childress, etc.

Then bottom rung (could they ever get it done?) - here's where you keep your Paul Hacketts and your Marty Mornhingwegs and such.

Back on topic - Vrabel sucks. Texans fans shold rejoice to get rid of that toolshed.

Everybody is from the Bill Walsh tree. That's how insane it was.

Andy Reid is two degrees removed from the Bill Walsh tree, but all of his tree coaches are just 3 degrees removed.

It's basically you're with Bill Parcells or Bill Walsh.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2018, 06:03 PM
Just going off by memory here....

Patriot assistants under Belichick in New England that were hired as HC's:

Eric Mangini - New York Jets & Cleveland Browns - 33–47 (.413)
Romeo Crennel - Cleveland Browns & Kansas City - 28–55 (.337)
Josh McDaniels - Denver Broncos - 11–17 (.393)
Bill O'Brien - Houston Texans - 31–33 (.484)

Charlie Weis.....ND and KU

Mennonite
01-22-2018, 07:06 PM
The Nashville media guys love this hire. Titans fan's too apparently.

Chiefshrink
01-22-2018, 07:26 PM
This hire reminds me of the Greg Schiano hire for Tampa. Will not work out well IMO.

Mennonite
01-22-2018, 07:37 PM
It really is a strange hire. His qualifications seem to be that he played for the Patriots and...umm...coaching the 32 ranked defense for one season. I know the Texans had a lot of injuries, but damn, you can't get any lower than thirty second.

WhiteWhale
01-22-2018, 07:44 PM
The Nashville media guys love this hire. Titans fan's too apparently.

They also thought Dexter McCluster was a steal and was the AFC's version of Percy Harvin.

Point is, their fans and media are full blown morons. I'm not sure you could teach them how to use velcro.

WhiteWhale
01-22-2018, 07:47 PM
It really is a strange hire. His qualifications seem to be that he played for the Patriots and...umm...coaching the 32 ranked defense for one season. I know the Texans had a lot of injuries, but damn, you can't get any lower than thirty second.

To be fair... Mike McCarthy was hired by Green Bay after he coached the 32nd ranked offense in SF.

Of course, McCarthy actually had a much fuller resume.

It's patriot way crap. The GM is pioli'ing them. I'm expecting them to trade for Jacoby Brissett.

Not really, but would you be shocked?

Mennonite
01-22-2018, 08:06 PM
They'll have to make some kind of move for a backup. The only (mild) criticism their John Robinson has faced is the fact that he didn't bring in anybody but Cassel even though Mariota has a history of injuries.

It's such a huge gamble. If it blows up in his face in the first year, who can he scapegoat? Mariota?

Coach
01-22-2018, 08:41 PM
Charlie Weis.....ND and KU

I was restricting it to the NFL HC positions.

tk13
01-22-2018, 08:51 PM
He created quite a stir with this comment. I'm guessing the NCAA isn't too happy about this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Vrabel on how much college scheme will come into play for him: &quot;The NFL has the greatest farm system in the world. We pay those coaches $10 million to be our farm system. Nick Saban is our farm system. Urban Meyer is our farm system.&quot;</p>&mdash; Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) <a href="https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/955508460799582211?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2018</a></blockquote>

DaneMcCloud
01-22-2018, 08:54 PM
He created quite a stir with this comment. I'm guessing the NCAA isn't too happy about this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Vrabel on how much college scheme will come into play for him: &quot;The NFL has the greatest farm system in the world. We pay those coaches $10 million to be our farm system. Nick Saban is our farm system. Urban Meyer is our farm system.&quot;</p>&mdash; Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) <a href="https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/955508460799582211?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2018</a></blockquote>

Why? It’s the truth.

tk13
01-22-2018, 08:58 PM
Why? It’s the truth.

It absolutely is. People just don't say it out loud.

DaneMcCloud
01-22-2018, 08:59 PM
It absolutely is. People just don't say it out loud.

We need more people to say it out loud

Mennonite
01-22-2018, 09:34 PM
We need more people to say it out loud

I'm Black and I'm Proud