PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Did we let the wrong coach go?

Coochie liquor
01-21-2018, 07:14 PM
Should we have let Reid walk and kept Pederson?

Or does his defense, and Wentz/Foles deserve all the credit?

TLO
CHUEEEEEEEFS

Spott
The wrong coach and apparently the wrong QB.

ChiTown
01-21-2018, 07:16 PM
Obviously

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-21-2018, 07:16 PM
Philly has way more talent on D... That's the biggest difference.

Easy 6
01-21-2018, 07:17 PM
Tough call, but you sure gotta love that Pederson never abandons the run and he isnt in love with receiver screens

I'm just trying to be patient and see how things look with Mahomes before going full anti-Reid

ILChief
01-21-2018, 07:17 PM

And a competent coordinator

ILChief
01-21-2018, 07:18 PM
Tough call, but you sure gotta love that Pederson never abandons the run and he isnt in love with receiver screens

I'm just trying to be patient and see how things look with Mahomes before going full anti-Reid

Same here. He's not helping his case keeping Sutton though

Easy 6
01-21-2018, 07:22 PM
Same here. He's not helping his case keeping Sutton though

If not for the excitement of Mahomes potential in Reids pass happy scheme, the Sutton thing would have me wanting him fired

Eleazar
01-21-2018, 07:24 PM
Reid should have been fired last year. It was obvious then that he isn’t the answer

Why Not?
01-21-2018, 07:24 PM
I mean, no one was going to advocate for keeping Pederson over Reid but I sure would love to trade about now.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2018, 07:25 PM
Probably going to regret letting Nagy go, too.

-King-
01-21-2018, 07:34 PM
Regardless seeing as how Reid is so good at making coaches, whenever he leaves we'll have a good coach to move on to. So I'm not mad about if we missed out on Peterson or Nagy.
Posted via Mobile Device

RINGLEADER
01-21-2018, 07:38 PM
Reid should have been fired last year. It was obvious then that he isn’t the answer

I remember being roundly razzed for this sentiment at that time.

I was right then and I’m right now.

Nagy will win a playoff game before Reid wins another.

Stryker
01-21-2018, 07:41 PM
Realy, We let Pederson go. Now look whats happening . ROFL

Why Not?
01-21-2018, 07:43 PM
Another brain dead non BB coach. You need a FG anyway. It's halfway through the 3rd quarter. Get it within 3 TD and at least salvage a tiny bit of momentum. Game was 90% over anyway. Now 99%.

Eleazar
01-21-2018, 07:45 PM
I remember being roundly razzed for this sentiment at that time.

I was right then and I’m right now.

Nagy will win a playoff game before Reid wins another.

Yep. We are stuck in “playoff bubble team with no realistic SB chance” mode as long as he is here.

JoeyChuckles
Knee-Jerk Reaction Planet. Did we make a mistake in letting Pioli go because he went to the Superbowl last year?

Pederson may be a better coach. Ours is still top-10.

They all have flaws.

Easy 6
Another brain dead non BB coach. You need a FG anyway. It's halfway through the 3rd quarter. Get it within 3 TD and at least salvage a tiny bit of momentum. Game was 90% over anyway. Now 99%.

That was my thought as well

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2018, 07:52 PM
Dumb fucks we got the franchise QB coming in next year. Enjoy the ride.

Andy Reid is a damn good coach and Mahomes will cement his Hall of Fame legacy.

Coochie liquor
01-21-2018, 08:15 PM
Dumb fucks we got the franchise QB coming in next year. Enjoy the ride.

Andy Reid is a damn good coach and Mahomes will cement his Hall of Fame legacy.

That’s what we hope. But in all actuality we really have no clue how that plays out. Although currently our ex OC is winning his second playoff game with our ex BACKUP QB! Which would be DOUBLE what our current coach and QB have done in 5 fucking years!

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2018, 08:17 PM
That’s what we hope. But in all actuality we really have no clue how that plays out. Although currently our ex OC is winning his second playoff game with our ex BACKUP QB! Which would be DOUBLE what our current coach and QB have done in 5 ****ing years!

And they are beating the same type scrub that Andy Reid and Alex Smith did. Last week was more impressive win.

carcosa
01-21-2018, 08:18 PM
Knee-Jerk Reaction Planet. Did we make a mistake in letting Pioli go because he went to the Superbowl last year?

They all have flaws.

Top 10 at winning 10 regular season games (the REAL Super Bowl!!!)!!!!!

King_Chief_Fan
01-21-2018, 08:21 PM
How well did Foles play when he was here?
Did not do well in Reids system (Pederson made few calls that were not Reids)
:shrug:

Coochie liquor
01-21-2018, 08:22 PM
And they are beating the same type scrub that Andy Reid and Alex Smith did. Last week was more impressive win.

True, but wake me when we have a single home playoff win... against ANY qb.... in this century!

notorious
01-21-2018, 08:22 PM
I said this when Pederson left and people laughed at me here.

Well........

chiefzilla1501
01-21-2018, 08:28 PM
Wonder if Foles will affect Alex Smith's trade stock.

And wonder if the Chiefs had interest in Spags, and if the Eagles could steal him away as DC

The Eagles may not be through kicking us in the dick.

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2018, 08:32 PM
True, but wake me when we have a single home playoff win... against ANY qb.... in this century!

Andy Reid won a lot of playoff games with Donovan McNabb. Couldn't beat the GOAT in the Super Bowl and another Hall of Famer Kurt Warner twice in the NFC Championship game. McNabb was hurt the majority of his prime years age wise.

Mahomes will be worth it. Hold on and just watch.

mr. tegu
01-21-2018, 08:41 PM

Are you suggesting the Texans were even close to the same level as these Vikings? I mean Reid and Smith only have one playoff win here so I assume that’s the comparison you are making, which seems like a huge stretch.

Beef Supreme
01-21-2018, 09:16 PM
Here's an idea. If you are going to ask a question in a poll, don't have the answer options be phrased the opposite way. buttucking moron

kcxiv
01-21-2018, 09:17 PM
ITs the Chiefs, of course they did! There is no other way

kcxiv
01-21-2018, 09:20 PM

They all have flaws.

and none of them coaches has embarrassed their teams in the post season 3 out of the last 4 years and 2 of them years blowing huge fucking 2nd half leads while not giving up a touchdown in the other game and still they fucking lost! That takes a special kinda coach to do that.

MMXcalibur
01-21-2018, 09:20 PM
How about we see how Reid does with our hand-picked, strong-armed, big-balled, accurate franchise QB before we start playing these 20/20 hindsight games?

displacedinMN
01-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Foles has played great as a backup.

Wentz is the leader of the team.

Chief Roundup
01-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Like we were ever in that position.
Reid was not and still is not in any position that he might not be retained.

keg in kc
01-21-2018, 09:24 PM
Right now I'm just thanking the gods we avoided a jag viking super bowl. It might have ended 5-2 in overtime.

Andy was the wrong coach to hire in the first place. I wasn't that upset to lose Peterson, I don't even think there's enough of a book on him to formulate an opinion, but he's already done as much in Philly as Andy ever did, and I expect it's more than Andy will ever do here. We may not even win the division again, much less get home field, much less win a divisional game, much less win a conference championship.

I think the Patriots roll the Eagles, though.

Funny. Patriots versus Eagles. Go Murica!

FloridaMan88
01-21-2018, 09:27 PM
Howie Roseman is a better GM than John Dorsey (too soon to judge Veach).

Also arguably the two most aggressive teams in free agency last spring were the Patriots and Eagles and both are in the Super Bowl.

Coochie liquor
01-21-2018, 09:36 PM
Here's an idea. If you are going to ask a question in a poll, don't have the answer options be phrased the opposite way. buttucking moron

Better than being a buttfuckee moron. But go ahead, I won’t judge.
I’ve been drinking heavily. Sorry if I ruined your evening. Go Pedersons!!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-21-2018, 09:41 PM
The clock is ticking on Andy and now all his talented assistants have left. Yet, he keeps the one guy who can't seem to put together a stout defense for the playoffs despite 4 tries.

tk13
01-21-2018, 09:42 PM
The missing factor in this discussion is that we are the Chiefs. We have a pretty good history of hiring coaches and GMs who are more successful at every stop they make compared to their time with the Chiefs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-21-2018, 09:50 PM
Probably going to regret letting Nagy go, too.

This.

Someone made reference to Reid's tree being a shitty, wasted root with awesome branches, and they were dead balls accurate.

MahiMike
01-22-2018, 07:21 AM
I noticed last night that pederson kept going deep even while up big.

Gravedigger
01-22-2018, 07:29 AM
It's going to be a terrible Superbowl.

If the Evil Empire wins again we'll have to hear about the normal headlines.

If the Eagles win, then in his second year as HC Doug Pederson will have done something in Philadelphia that Andy couldn't. He came from the Andy tree, he's already better than Andy if he wins one Superbowl, and we're sitting at home as a city understanding we just can't seem to get the coach that will take us back to the promised land or even sniff it.

It's a punch in the dick no matter how you see it.

oldman
01-22-2018, 08:02 AM
I'm going to stick with Reid another 2 years. I don't expect instant success with Mahomes. One thing I did notice that Reid would have never done is driving for that FG at the end of the 1st half. While it wasn't a factor in the outcome, it showed Pederson was not going to let the Vikes up. Andy would have knelt down and let the clock run out. We saw a lack of killer instinct all season long and it's come back to bite us too many times.

Eleazar
01-22-2018, 09:53 AM
I'm going to stick with Reid another 2 years. I don't expect instant success with Mahomes. One thing I did notice that Reid would have never done is driving for that FG at the end of the 1st half. While it wasn't a factor in the outcome, it showed Pederson was not going to let the Vikes up. Andy would have knelt down and let the clock run out. We saw a lack of killer instinct all season long and it's come back to bite us too many times.

Pederson was attacking until the outcome was decided. That's why the Eagles keep moving on and why we don't.

Andy doesn't realize that the best way to protect a lead is to increase it.

stumppy
01-22-2018, 09:55 AM
You damn right we kept the wrong coach. Andy suck a bag of dicks Reid needs to go. GTFO

arrwheader
01-22-2018, 10:03 AM
It’s simple. Reid and Dorsey thought there was enough talent on this team when they came in to not have to do a complete rebuild to get the Chiefs to a competitive state. So theybrought in Alex smith with the notion that in two years we will be SB contenders. Well they were but guess what. Alex can’t get it done. They drafted his replacement who just gets nothing but praise and has shown he can ball. Now they need to do the same thing except in reverse. Trade or cut Smith. Take that money fill the holes draft for D and go for it all again.

Chiefnj2
01-22-2018, 10:10 AM
It’s simple. Reid and Dorsey thought there was enough talent on this team when they came in to not have to do a complete rebuild to get the Chiefs to a competitive state. .

There has been a complete rebuild since they took over.

BigBeauford
01-22-2018, 10:16 AM
I dont buy this. Our Offense was at best average, if not in the bottom third in the league under Pederson. I was shocked when he was hired off.This is the result of having a top 5 qb and elite defense.

hometeam
01-22-2018, 10:18 AM
i wouldnt call it 'lucky' with a top D. there was a ton of work involved, but that was the difference.

We had the leagues leading rusher and a decent enough passing game to get it done

JoeyChuckles
01-22-2018, 10:19 AM
It's going to be a terrible Superbowl.

If the Evil Empire wins again we'll have to hear about the normal headlines.

If the Eagles win, then in his second year as HC Doug Pederson will have done something in Philadelphia that Andy couldn't. He came from the Andy tree, he's already better than Andy if he wins one Superbowl, and we're sitting at home as a city understanding we just can't seem to get the coach that will take us back to the promised land or even sniff it.

It's a punch in the dick no matter how you see it.

Have any Andy assistants won a Superbowl? Maybe this will be a wake-up call for him?

JoeyChuckles
01-22-2018, 10:20 AM

I like this idea. If the Chiefs don't win a playoff game in the next two seasons, Andy is gone, no matter his record.

Hoover
01-22-2018, 10:21 AM
I was happy when Pederson left. Nobody thought he was going to be this good.

Oh well. I'm fine with Andy and Mahomes. Going to be fun!

SuperBowl4
The Chiefs should have started Rich Gannon all those years he watched Elvis start. The CHIEFS have a history of this.

KChiefs1
Reid is skating on thin ice & he is one Z-Man from going through.

CoMoChief
01-22-2018, 10:53 AM
Pederson made the SB with a fucking backup QB.

Yes, the Chiefs def let the wrong coach go.

CoMoChief
01-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Reid is skating on thin ice & he is one Z-Man from going through.

In most cases you'd be right.

However the Chiefs are ran by the Hunt family, which means "8-8 is just as great!" :cuss::cuss::cuss:

MeanGreen215
01-29-2018, 06:41 AM
The sooner you get rid of him the better . he has not changed a dam thing since 1999 and with the Eagles .

wont let me post link .. We are never ever gonna win with Andy Parody.

LOL there is also a song by Joe Conklin called better Job :D

Rausch
01-29-2018, 08:01 AM
Right now I'm just thanking the gods we avoided a jag viking super bowl. It might have ended 5-2 in overtime.

I was hoping for that.

A SB with actual defenses playing...

Hoover
01-29-2018, 08:07 AM
Pederson made the SB with a ****ing backup QB.

Yes, the Chiefs def let the wrong coach go.

In the NFC where you don’t have to beat guys like Brady or Big Ben. Shit Peyton Manning even struggled with this. Doug Pederson has impressed me but let’s see the nFC playoff QBs suck sans Brees. And if it wasn’t for a fluke play New Orleans is in the Super Bowl.

Reerun_KC
01-29-2018, 09:11 AM
In the NFC where you don’t have to beat guys like Brady or Big Ben. Shit Peyton Manning even struggled with this. Doug Pederson has impressed me but let’s see the nFC playoff QBs suck sans Brees. And if it wasn’t for a fluke play New Orleans is in the Super Bowl.

And we still let the wrong coach go.

rabblerouser
01-29-2018, 10:16 AM
In most cases you'd be right.

However the Chiefs are ran by the Hunt family, which means "8-8 is just as great!" :cuss::cuss::cuss:

If they went 8-0 @ Arrowhead and didn't get mathematically eliminated from playoff contention until the final week of the season, they would play up the "undefeated at Arrowhead" garbage propaganda.

Fuck, I remember when Crennel won a game after replacing Haley and they were still sorta somehow still had a possibility of taking the division at 8-8, so that was good enough to give Crennel the job full time lol.

Eleazar
01-29-2018, 10:25 AM
Just about every decision regarding the head coach and coordinators that this franchise makes just screams complacency and fear. Retaining Sutton, retaining Reid, as other people have said retaining Pioli and Haley, hiring Crennel, retaining Edwards, on and on and on. This franchise is always loyal to head coaches and coordinators for 2 seasons too long, when the writing is already, abundantly, obviously on the wall. We're in that period for Reid right now.

kccrow
01-29-2018, 11:29 AM
Pederson walked into a pretty solid situation with top-shelf defensive talent and good offensive pieces already there. He lured in a top-tier D-coordinator with an attacking mentality. He drafted a top rookie QB. He pried away a guy that should be an NFL starter to be his back-up QB. It just worked out well. Not many coaches get all that. I'm happy for Pederson that he made it all work so quickly, but he wasn't starting with a 2-14 team. This was a team that went 7-9, 10-6, and 10-6 the 3 years prior under Chip freakin' Kelly. Any semi-competent coach should have been able to get the Eagles right back into the playoffs.

redfan
01-29-2018, 12:41 PM
It kinda looks that way.
If this season is the measuring stick, the Chiefs def let the wrong one go.

crayzkirk
01-29-2018, 02:53 PM
Didn't like the choices so I went with the only NO that related to Andy Reid. I didn't and still don't like hiring a coach that was fired somewhere else. Some say the message had gotten stale or that he had too much power or blah blah blah. The truth, in my opinion, is that winning covers up everything. One difference is that the Eagles after having a bad year, got the best guy they could at QB in the draft.

It's also difficult to compare AFC and NFC teams, the same teams (QBs) have dominated the AFC playoff picture while the NFC seems much more open.

Behind every great QB is a coach ready to be given credit. CW definitely is better than AS.

SuperBowl4
01-30-2018, 07:15 AM
Reid should have been fired last year. It was obvious then that he isn’t the answerReid should have been fired immediately after his first season playoff choke job at Indianapolis.

Hammock Parties
01-30-2018, 07:23 AM
The problem with this line of thinking is that there's almost no way for Clark Hunt to evaluate Doug Pederson as a potential head coach.

He's not really privy to the daily workings of the subordinate coaching staff. All he can do is go to Andy Reid and ask "how's Doug doing?" and fat chance that Andy is going to say "yeah he's so good he should be our head coach."

Pederson was hired away from a 12-4 team that was the #2 seed. All Clark sees there is that Andy got a team to a remarkably good season, not a reason to fire him and replace him with a guy you know very little about, other than he's a hot head coaching candidate.

For Doug Pederson to be our head coach, Andy would have had to fail miserably and get fired midseason, leading to an interim situation.

SuperBowl4
01-30-2018, 07:27 AM
Pederson walked into a pretty solid situation with top-shelf defensive talent and good offensive pieces already there. He lured in a top-tier D-coordinator with an attacking mentality. He drafted a top rookie QB. He pried away a guy that should be an NFL starter to be his back-up QB. It just worked out well. Not many coaches get all that. I'm happy for Pederson that he made it all work so quickly, but he wasn't starting with a 2-14 team. This was a team that went 7-9, 10-6, and 10-6 the 3 years prior under Chip freakin' Kelly. Any semi-competent coach should have been able to get the Eagles right back into the playoffs.Kind of like when Jon Gruden walked into that Tampa Bay situation and like Bill Callahan took over the Raiders HC job. Two first year head coaches meet in the Super Bowl. It will probably never happen again.

Coochie liquor
01-30-2018, 08:55 AM
The problem with this line of thinking is that there's almost no way for Clark Hunt to evaluate Doug Pederson as a potential head coach.

He's not really privy to the daily workings of the subordinate coaching staff. All he can do is go to Andy Reid and ask "how's Doug doing?" and fat chance that Andy is going to say "yeah he's so good he should be our head coach."

Pederson was hired away from a 12-4 team that was the #2 seed. All Clark sees there is that Andy got a team to a remarkably good season, not a reason to fire him and replace him with a guy you know very little about, other than he's a hot head coaching candidate.

For Doug Pederson to be our head coach, Andy would have had to fail miserably and get fired midseason, leading to an interim situation.

True, especially concerning Hunt. But I remember TB letting Lovie go (which he should have been regardless) so they could keep Koetter who was their OC at the time. But to Hunt and Reid, we were so close last year. Hopefully Mahomes is the guy that gets us over the hump.

JakeF
01-30-2018, 09:46 AM
The reason Philly has more talent is partly that of coaching. Coaches decide who to keep and teach the players that they keep. Reid just kept coaches that I don't think get the most out of players. That leads to what looks like less talent on the team. Reid also loves to keep players he likes over players with more talent. Not to mention the playcalling that makes the entire team look better or worse. There's a reason why Reid and Schottenheimer dominate in the regular season but get bitch slapped in the postseason over and over again.

Coochie liquor
02-04-2018, 09:08 PM
And....

BigBeauford
02-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Let the wrong QB go.

dirk digler
02-04-2018, 09:20 PM
definitely

Coochie liquor
02-04-2018, 09:22 PM
Nick Foles and Doug Pederson > Alex Smith and Andy Reid

Eleazar
02-04-2018, 09:25 PM
And people act like Reid isn’t the problem.

Repost

JakeF
02-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Nick Foles and Doug Pederson > Alex Smith and Andy Reid

Andy had Foles here too so;

Doug Pederson and Nick Foles > Andy Reid and Nick Foles

Sassy Squatch
02-04-2018, 09:33 PM
LMAO People acting like Reid never did anything in the playoffs. He's at least managed to get there. Smith was the main anchor.

KranzDictum
02-04-2018, 09:37 PM
This must hurt more than watching the Broncos win a SB. To know you had these guys on your team and kept bums instead.

I always thought Foles was a better QB than alice, he wasn't last year but he was this year.

Sassy Squatch
02-04-2018, 09:38 PM
This must hurt more than watching the Broncos win a SB. To know you had these guys on your team and kept bums instead.

I always thought Foles was a better QB than alice, he wasn't last year but he was this year.
Nah. Good for them. It's full on Mahomie time.

Coochie liquor
02-04-2018, 09:45 PM

Watching your team be gifted a SB victory didn’t hurt. It just proved that you have to have a qb with “it” to make the nfl happy enough to help you win the big game. Good thing our new starting qb has “it”, and your team has shit!!

JakeF
02-04-2018, 09:48 PM
LMAO People acting like Reid never did anything in the playoffs. He's at least managed to get there. Smith was the main anchor.Then why did Andy Reid choose to keep playing Alex Smith over Nick Foles?

Eleazar
02-04-2018, 09:51 PM
LMAO People acting like Reid never did anything in the playoffs. He's at least managed to get there. Smith was the main anchor.

Losing record in the postseason

Lost 6 of his last 7

Done nothing of significance in the last 15 years or so

Sassy Squatch
02-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Then why did Andy Reid choose to keep playing Alex Smith over Nick Foles?
Go ahead and find me a game Nick Foles played as a Chief Where he did ANYTHING close to this. All I remember is him shitting on Indy then embarrassing himself against the Jags.

TEX
02-04-2018, 09:55 PM

Dang. You have nothing left, because your last place team is so pathetic that you gotta stoop to the point of finding things about other teams to try and run smack. That's just funny...ROFL