PDA

View Full Version : Football Who do you think will win?

In58men
01-21-2018, 10:29 PM
It’s not who you want to win, it’s who do you think will win?

Hammock Parties
01-21-2018, 10:33 PM
Bill Belichick has 2 weeks to prepare for Nick Foles.

I can't, in good conscience, pick against him.

Sassy Squatch
01-21-2018, 10:33 PM
Patriots. Tom Brady is not going to be nearly as generous as Case Keenum.

GoChargers
01-21-2018, 10:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/FCX1P0S.jpg

Rain Man
01-21-2018, 11:02 PM
Hmm. Dirtbags or Satan. Hmm. It'll be Satan. Satan has the pitchfork.

Bugeater
01-21-2018, 11:27 PM
Haven't thought about it. And probably won't.

KChiefs1
01-21-2018, 11:31 PM
The last time the Chiefs beat both teams in the Super Bowl...the AFC team won. I expect the same thing this time.

jd1020
01-21-2018, 11:39 PM
Is there any one outside of Philly who thinks the Eagles will win?

Over Yonder
01-21-2018, 11:56 PM
The last time the Chiefs beat both teams in the Super Bowl...the AFC team won. I expect the same thing this time.

This was the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard the two winning teams. Just how many times in recent history have we beat both Super Bowl teams only to be sitting at home ourselves :shake:

I don't care enough to look, may only be twice, but it seems like it happens all the time.

I haven't watched any football this year outside of the Chiefs and a rare piece of a game here and there, so I don't know who will win. Put I'm gonna throw a dart at the wall and pick New England. That is the popular choice year after year after year..... :(

bigjosh
01-22-2018, 12:08 AM
I would have picked aids, but KC was the closest option.

tmax63
01-22-2018, 06:13 AM
Lets see, career QB considered by some to be the GOAT vs a career journeyman QB who just played one of the best games in his career to get there. Throw in a little officiating bias and 2 weeks for Gronk to recover and I see a lower scoring Pats win.

Rams Fan
01-22-2018, 06:22 AM
One team has the GOAT at QB.

The other has Nick Foles.

I'm going with the GOAT.

Red Dawg
01-22-2018, 06:59 AM
One team has the refs and one doesn't. Pat's will win again , it's already been decided. Just like with Manning.

notorious
01-22-2018, 07:10 AM
Don't care.

All In
01-22-2018, 07:24 AM
Is there any one outside of Philly who thinks the Eagles will win?

Yes me

oldman
01-22-2018, 08:09 AM
Who does the NFL want to win? Not the Iggles.

Dayze
01-22-2018, 08:25 AM
Pats.

and honestly, I don't think it will be close.
not that the Pats defense is all that good; but rather, the shit the Pats offense will do / and get away with will be too much to overcome.

tooge
01-22-2018, 08:35 AM
who cares? I mean really, who cares? It's the NFL's version of same shit different year. Bad calls get the Patriots to the dance AGAIN. The big market NFC team slides in with the good story "coach returning to where he played" bullshit, etc. I couldn't give two shits about the Superbowl this year. In fact, it's getting harder and harder for me to care about the outcomes of the games all season.

GoChargers
01-22-2018, 08:57 AM
who cares? I mean really, who cares? It's the NFL's version of same shit different year. Bad calls get the Patriots to the dance AGAIN. The big market NFC team slides in with the good story "coach returning to where he played" bullshit, etc. I couldn't give two shits about the Superbowl this year. In fact, it's getting harder and harder for me to care about the outcomes of the games all season.

The actual game is going to be predictable too. The Eagles race out to an early lead, fooling sucker fans into thinking this could be the time that the Patriots finally lose. Then the refs step in with bullshit PI/holding flags to gift the Patriots a touchdown. In response, the Eagles panic and regress to uncharacteristically stupid playcalling, handing the win to the Patriots. How many times have we watched this script now? It's really getting old.

sd4chiefs
01-22-2018, 10:00 AM
The actual game is going to be predictable too. The Eagles race out to an early lead, fooling sucker fans into thinking this could be the time that the Patriots finally lose. Then the refs step in with bullshit PI/holding flags to gift the Patriots a touchdown. In response, the Eagles panic and regress to uncharacteristically stupid playcalling, handing the win to the Patriots. How many times have we watched this script now? It's really getting old.

This is me.

RunKC
01-22-2018, 10:11 AM
God it would be great to see Philly win. It would take a huge hit to the Patriots legacy losing to a backup QB in the SB

srvy
01-22-2018, 11:10 AM
This will be Philly when they run into Brady, Billy and the refs

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3cEE_xpx5oI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

B_Ambuehl
01-22-2018, 12:01 PM
The eagles have a better than even chance of winning IMO because their strengths offensively play directly into New Englands weaknesses. These are:

1. Lots of quick misdirection passing
2. Lots of passing in general
3. Spreading the field horizontally
4. Horizontal running (lots of RPOs)
5. Excellent QB protection

The worst thing you can do against Belichik is attempt to play power football. They're slow, but they are stout up the middle, and they can defend inside runs with 7. Belichik loves to bait teams into playing power football running a 7 man front and opposing teams always fail. But Philly doesn't operate that way. Their horizontal quick passing game and outside running and misdirection game will expose New Englands lack of speed. The chiefs pounded Belichik by ~40 in the season opener using the same basic scheme the eagles run. Andy worked the field horizontally and exposed New Englands lack of speed in the front 7, then used the vertical game off of that. Granted, it was week 1 of the season, but it still counts.

The one offensive weakness for Philly is Foles lack of mobility. But I don't expect it to be much of an issue for the following 2 reasons:

A: Belichik can't generate much of a pass rush without blitzing (Kyle Van Noy & Flowers? lol)
B: Petersons willingness to call quick passes on early downs should keep Foles out of 3rd and long.

Defensively, Philly doesn't blitz much and they have an entire assembly line of edge rushers that can generate consistent pressure. Then they have Fletcher Cox inside who is probably #2 in the league at generating inside pressure (Aaron Donald being #1). It's a type of scheme Brady has struggled against in the past.

Matchups and schemes on paper favor Philly in a significant way IMO. They've been the best team in the NFL since week 1 and have hardly missed a beat with Foles.

Chiefshrink
01-22-2018, 02:33 PM
My mind say's Pats but my heart is with Philly because of the Chiefs connection in Pederson and Foles.;)

Chiefshrink
01-22-2018, 02:35 PM
1. Lots of quick misdirection passing
2. Lots of passing in general
3. Spreading the field horizontally
4. Horizontal running (lots of RPOs)
5. Excellent QB protection

Hey that's an AR offense apart from point no.5 !!:shrug::D

gold_and_red
01-22-2018, 02:38 PM
Philly because it will be fun again to read many threads about how Pederson >>>> Reid and Foles >>>>> Smith.

Amnorix
02-01-2018, 02:25 PM
God it would be great to see Philly win. It would take a huge hit to the Patriots legacy losing to a backup QB in the SB

Would it though? Would it really?

Amnorix
02-01-2018, 02:29 PM
I can see this game going either way. I don't like the Patriots overall lack of talent in the front 7 on defense. I do like Harrison vs. Peters backup however, so maybe there is a strip sack in there somewhere. I don't like how the Patriots D has struggled against run/pass option plays (Jags KILLED us with it in the first half in the AFCCG). I do like Belichick/Patricia having two weeks to prepare for it, and I do like Foles's overall lack of mobility and unlikelihood of having two straight career games.

I don't like the Eagles having a ton of depth along the defensive line, which means they can rotate players and not get tired out. Often, Patriots defenders wear down over the course of the game due to the Pats quick pace, many offensive plays, and by the fourth quarter, they are gassed and struggle to generate pressure. See Falcons Super Bowl and Jags AFCCG. With such a deep DL, however the Eagles may be able to generate pressure all game, which is obviously bad for Brady.

We'll see how it all plays out. Don't see a blow out either way however.

Chiefs4TheWin
02-01-2018, 02:29 PM
At least we look decent on the Superbowl champion team DVD that will come with either team winning.

Amnorix
02-01-2018, 02:34 PM

You mean like how the refs completely screwed up the blocked PAT the Pats had against Atlanta, giving them another chance to get the point, in the Super Bowl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qinmJmobMY

:rolleyes:

Otherwise, the refs didn't call much all game. No matter how much you whine, the facts don't change.

Easy 6
02-01-2018, 02:39 PM
The annual Madden Simulation says Patriots 28-24, and it will probably turn out to be pretty damn accurate

But a guy can always hope, lets go Eagles!

NWTF
02-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Ive rooted against New England in every SB even Seattle and I hated Seattle. I still half ass root against them in most regular season games except when they play Denver, maybe another team or two that I hate at the moment, but at some point maybe 6-7 years ago I kind of quit caring when it comes to hoping they lose. I just dont get my hopes up. I will admit I got suckered in last year when it looked like the Falcons had it in the bag, but in the end all I could do is laugh. I even dislike the Falcons now for shitting the bed like they did. Before that game I had no issues with the Falcons.

I hope the Eagles win, but Im going in expecting the Pats to win, and Im not falling for it when the Eagles are beating them and look unstoppable which they probably will at some point during the game. If the Eagles were to knock Brady out of the game then I think I would go all in with celebrating as I dont think the Pats could pull a rabbit out the hat without him.

MMXcalibur
02-01-2018, 11:35 PM
The Patriots are going to win and dumbshit Boston fans will become even more insufferable.

bigjosh
02-02-2018, 12:01 AM
The NFL will not allow a back up quarterback to beat the patriots.

Zero percent chance.

B_Ambuehl
02-02-2018, 09:55 AM
“(The Patriots) don’t always bring in the most talented athletes, but they bring in an athlete that fits their system, an athlete that’s tough, a smart athlete that’s not gonna make too many dumb decisions,” Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said over the phone Tuesday. “If you can match that for four quarters, your chances are good. I can’t tell with how many times I’ve played against this team, you lose the game because you beat yourself. They don’t necessarily beat you, you beat yourself.

“And they will allow you to do that. Coach (Bill) Belichick has always been game-plan specific, but there have been times against us where he’d play certain coverages that would allow us to move the ball on the ground and through the air, but it feels like he knows that you get too many opportunities, you’re gonna screw it up. They count on that. They actually count on you screwing it up.”

Definitely agree with this. Belichik always gives you ways to win the football game, but most coaches are too stubborn to take advantage. Jacksonville could have thrown the ball 60 times and won the AFCCG easily, and they were doing exactly that thru 20 minutes, but Belichik knew at some point they'd try to establish the run, and they did, going ~12 straight first downs for <2 yds which killed all their offensive momentum.

FloridaMan88
02-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Assuming New England wins, their potential opponent to open the 2018 season on Thursday night against includes: the Chiefs, Indy, Minnesota, Green Bay, Houston, and their usual AFC East opponents.

I am guessing it will be Green Bay or Minnesota, or maybe the Jets if Kirk Cousins signs there as that would attract interest.

Why Not?
02-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Got someone at work offering me Eagles plus 25. I risk $500 to win $100. Their brash confidence is giving me serious pause. Thoughts?

crayzkirk
02-02-2018, 05:01 PM
At least we look decent on the Superbowl champion team DVD that will come with either team winning.

Nah, it will be like the Dungver Superfarce when the Chiefs benched Paid-a-ton. Not a single snap from that game will be shown. The NFL Network had a special on it and I watched just so I could verify there would be no mention of it. If anything, it will be how miraculous the Patriots are for being able to overcome all of the early season adversity.

:banghead:

Patriots fall behind early and then pull ahead in the fourth quarter behind another miraculous Brady comeback. There will be at least one BS DPI call against the Eagles and at least one BS OPI or holding call on the Eagles that kills a big play. Foles remembers where he is and gets conservative.

NWTF
02-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Nah, it will be like the Dungver Superfarce when the Chiefs benched Paid-a-ton. Not a single snap from that game will be shown. The NFL Network had a special on it and I watched just so I could verify there would be no mention of it. If anything, it will be how miraculous the Patriots are for being able to overcome all of the early season adversity.

:banghead:

Patriots fall behind early and then pull ahead in the fourth quarter behind another miraculous Brady comeback. There will be at least one BS DPI call against the Eagles and at least one BS OPI or holding call on the Eagles that kills a big play. Foles remembers where he is and gets conservative.

I heard an interesting stat today. The Pats under Belichick Brady have been to 7 Super Bowls going 5-2. Ok, we already knew that but,

They have scored exactly 0 1st quarter points in all those SB combined. I wondered what their 4th quarter points scored was, but they didnt mention it.

DaneMcCloud
02-02-2018, 08:24 PM
The Eagles, because Chiefs

B_Ambuehl
02-05-2018, 10:49 AM
Got someone at work offering me Eagles plus 25. I risk $500 to win $100. Their brash confidence is giving me serious pause. Thoughts?

I hope you took the bet?

Andy Reids offense is definitely Belichiks kryptonite.

Chiefs put 42 on Belichik
Peterson put 41 on Belichik

Why Not?
02-05-2018, 10:56 AM
I hope you took the bet?

Andy Reids offense is definitely Belichiks kryptonite.

Chiefs put 42 on Belichik
Peterson put 41 on Belichik

I did indeed!