PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Offseason Planet Evaluation: Darrelle Revis

Rain Man
01-22-2018, 03:08 PM
I'll give you a bonus today with our temp cornerback.

Darelle played in 5 games this year, starting 2. He had 2 passes defensed, 10 tackles, and 1 assist.

Chiefspants
01-22-2018, 03:15 PM
See, Ty Law, 2007.

oldman
01-22-2018, 03:31 PM
B+, slightly, off the team solely for money reasons, descending, Pibb, and NASA. I'd like to keep him for no other reason than we have no one else, but not for the money that he's due.

Rain Man
01-22-2018, 03:42 PM
If not for the last meaningful play of the season, I'd rate him much higher than I did. I wish I knew if there was any possible explanation for what he did on that play.

Easy 6
01-22-2018, 03:48 PM
B-
About as expected
About the same
Descending
Fiff
Let me know when SpaceX lands on the moon

Revis Island is clearly eroding back into the sea, but he was definitely a stabilizing influence when he stepped in... wasnt roasted on the reg, and generally looked like a competent professional (looking past the tackling whiffs)

I'd definitely like him back, but the contract needs a redo and tie a bunch of it up in weight bonuses, he needs to slim down to help maintain his declining speed

But a full camp and offseason slate of games would ensure he is in football shape week 1, and he could help groom the CB we take to replace him, as well as split games reps with him

The idea of counting on a rookie corner to lock it down day one isnt appealing at all IMO

CoMoChief
01-22-2018, 05:11 PM
I'll say B-

He'd be a high B maybe even an A had he not had that horrendous 1st game back.

That was kind of expected given his age, conditioning and the amount of time he was away from the game etc...so people cut him some slack.

For the most part, his name wasn't really called a lot, which generally means either they're not throwing your way, which is a good thing, or Revis is blanketing his receiver to where the QB can't get him the ball. Also good.

But Chiefs need to move on and get cheaper and younger at the position. Need to upgrade all across the board on D.

Reerun_KC
01-22-2018, 06:04 PM
Who?

NWTF
01-22-2018, 06:33 PM
Who?

Exactly

Strongside
01-22-2018, 06:46 PM
How the fuck is NASA winning this?