PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Offseason Planet Evaluation: Patrick Mahomes II

Rain Man
01-29-2018, 01:43 AM
For those of you not familiar with him, Patrick Mahomes II is a quarterback drafted by the Chiefs in the 2017 draft. How do you think he performed this year?

Mr. Mahomes II played in 1 game, making 1 start. He threw for 284 yards, completing 63 percent of his passes while throwing for 1 interception. His QB rating was 76.4. He added 7 rushes for 10 yards.

carcosa
01-29-2018, 01:48 AM
A+++++++++++++++++++++

Hammock Parties
01-29-2018, 01:50 AM
He's a rookie QB who won his first start, on the road, with backups, throwing for more yards than our starter had averaged the eight weeks prior.

He is currently the greatest player in NFL history if his trajectory stays on track.

Rasputin
01-29-2018, 04:25 AM
He's a rookie QB who won his first start, on the road, with backups, throwing for more yards than our starter had averaged the eight weeks prior.

He is currently the greatest player in NFL history if his trajectory stays on track.

GOAT

Rasputin
01-29-2018, 04:29 AM
Patrick Mahomes II can knock out a Russian spy satellite with his lazer arm.

Rasputin
01-29-2018, 04:30 AM
Watching Patrick Mahomes II is like watching your favorite pron movie.

Otter
01-29-2018, 07:14 AM
Not enough data to make a an objective assessment at this point so I went for no grade. However, my hopes are higher than they've been for a Chief's QB since Joe Montana took the reigns behind center. He's much more of a Brett Farve or John Elway (just threw up in my mouth a little) than Joe Cool however.</br></br>Can't wait to see this kid sling the rock for a full season.

oldman
01-29-2018, 07:42 AM
I've been dreading this one because we'll have several that will go overboard like a bunch of prepubescent girls at a boy band concert. I'll give him a B in his only action. Yeah, 2nd and 3rd stringers, blah, blah, blah, but he has a long way to go before we crown him the Chiefs GOAT. That said, I want him as the starter in 2018 and wouldn't trade him. Johnny B. Goode, of course. What's on Voyager's Golden Record?

RunKC
01-29-2018, 07:45 AM
A+

I never thought the Chiefs would ever have a draft pick make more of an impact on the team than 90% of the roster by simply standing on the sideline.

Rausch
01-29-2018, 07:53 AM
Watching Patrick Mahomes II is like watching your favorite pron movie.

Better.

At no point do I want to fast forward through a Mahomes game...

tatorhog
01-29-2018, 08:10 AM
Better.

At no point do I want to fast forward through a Mahomes game...

Maybe Sutton feels the same way and its why he tested his new bend and break D this year? He just wants to get ready to watch the kid play as much as possible.

Prison Bitch
01-29-2018, 08:16 AM
Why do we need to put the "II" after his name?

We know who he is. This isn't necessary

farmerchief
01-29-2018, 08:29 AM
I've been dreading this one because we'll have several that will go overboard like a bunch of prepubescent girls at a boy band concert. I'll give him a B in his only action. Yeah, 2nd and 3rd stringers, blah, blah, blah, but he has a long way to go before we crown him the Chiefs GOAT. That said, I want him as the starter in 2018 and wouldn't trade him. Johnny B. Goode, of course. What's on Voyager's Golden Record?. I agree, as I slated him as a B also! Great potential to be an A+, but hasn’t had the opportunity to show it, yet. Hopefully, now is that time. Next year at this time I fully expect my grade to be higher!

srvy
01-29-2018, 08:32 AM
Not enough data to make a an objective assessment at this point so I went for no grade. However, my hopes are higher than they've been for a Chief's QB since Joe Montana took the reigns behind center. He's much more of a Brett Farve or John Elway (just threw up in my mouth a little) than Joe Cool however.</br></br>Can't wait to see this kid sling the rock for a full season.

^^^That^^^

Graystoke
01-29-2018, 09:18 AM
Patrick Mahomes can have my Grandbabies.
A plus plus plus plus

Reerun_KC
01-29-2018, 09:20 AM
A+.

His one game had the biggest impact on the season.

It was the bright spot in a wasted “because chiefs” season.

ThaVirus
01-29-2018, 09:27 AM
LMAO

Love all the 'much larger' role and 'I would not trade this player' votes.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE.

Easy 6
01-29-2018, 10:07 AM
His first start was a comeback victory on the road with backups - A+

After seeing the preseason, performed as expected

Much larger role

Ascending

Wouldnt trade him for anything, this league will soon belong to him and Wentz

Johnny B

Rain Man
01-29-2018, 10:10 AM
Why do we need to put the "II" after his name?

We know who he is. This isn't necessary

There's apparently two of them. We need to confirm which one we're talking about.

BlackHelicopters
01-29-2018, 10:19 AM
Dude is a bust.

Molitoth
01-29-2018, 10:20 AM
Honestly I expected him to come in to the Denver game and perform average, make some big mistakes, and see a fallout all over CP.

Mahomes came in and looked like a boss (minus 1 bad INT), made difficult throws all over the field playing with backups, and then led a drive to win the game.

Exceeded expectations.

New World Order
01-29-2018, 10:22 AM
47 votes for a much larger desired role in 2018.

1 for keeping his role the same in 2018.

Graystoke
01-29-2018, 10:41 AM

TIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGER

Rain Man
01-29-2018, 11:15 AM
47 votes for a much larger desired role in 2018.

I assumed that it must be from one of our AFC West rival fans. Or maybe Alex is on the board.

ILChief
01-29-2018, 11:37 AM
WTF would trade him for a 2nd round pick?

Rasputin
01-29-2018, 01:43 PM
I've been dreading this one because we'll have several that will go overboard like a bunch of prepubescent girls at a boy band concert. I'll give him a B in his only action. Yeah, 2nd and 3rd stringers, blah, blah, blah, but he has a long way to go before we crown him the Chiefs GOAT. That said, I want him as the starter in 2018 and wouldn't trade him. Johnny B. Goode, of course. What's on Voyager's Golden Record?

What you can't enjoy your life so you don't want others get excited about a prospect we've been longing for 30 years? We all know he has a long way to go but it sure is fun to fantasy about the possibilities even if they are unrealistic. If you're not aspirating for Supper Bowl Glory with this kid then don't be a Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer for the rest of us.

bsroyals54
01-29-2018, 04:56 PM
Most unanimous poll ever, even more than the poll of "Who is going to win, Chiefs or Titans".

Prison Bitch
01-29-2018, 05:04 PM
There's apparently two of them. We need to confirm which one we're talking about.

Yeah. When someone asks how Mahomes is playing, we do need to verify "which one?".

Reminds me of the time people kept calling the Fisher pick "1.1". We get it! We have the top pick. "1.1" is redundant

Rain Man
01-29-2018, 05:21 PM
Yeah. When someone asks how Mahomes is playing, we do need to verify "which one?".

Reminds me of the time people kept calling the Fisher pick "1.1". We get it! We have the top pick. "1.1" is redundant

At some point we'll draft a wide receiver named Mike Williams and everyone will appreciate the precision.

MahomesMagic
01-29-2018, 07:29 PM
The Chiefs drafted one of the best QB prospects in the last 10 years?

I'm good.

Pablo
01-29-2018, 07:49 PM
He is the best player on the team already. He coached alex to his most productive season as well.

Deserves something higher than A+

Priest31kc
01-29-2018, 08:25 PM
A+
Greatly exceeded my expectations and my expectations were already high. That's how great he is.
Much larger
Ascending
I would not trade this player
Great Balls of Fire

Indian Chief
01-29-2018, 08:58 PM
Johnny B. Goode was shot into space to represent Earth. That's all you need to know.

KChiefs1
01-29-2018, 09:15 PM
A+
Slightly exceeded my expectations
Much larger role in 2018
Ascending
Would not trade
Johnny B Goode

gblowfish
01-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the future...

carcosa
01-30-2018, 12:51 PM
The Chiefs drafted one of the best QB prospects in the last 10 years?

I'm good.

Thank you!!!

oldman
01-30-2018, 02:25 PM
What you can't enjoy your life so you don't want others get excited about a prospect we've been longing for 30 years? We all know he has a long way to go but it sure is fun to fantasy about the possibilities even if they are unrealistic. If you're not aspirating for Supper Bowl Glory with this kid then don't be a Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer for the rest of us.

I don't think I'm being a Debbie Downer, I'm being realistic. How many TDs did the kid throw? I'll admit I'm excited for our future, but I'm going to wait for a few more games before I proclaim him to be the next Trent Green, let alone Lenny the Cool.

Rain Man
01-30-2018, 03:05 PM
In summary, we are quite pleased with what we've seen of Mr. Mahomes thus far, and feel that he's an ascending player. We would like to see a much larger role for him next year, and do not feel any temptation to trade him.

And just to clarify, this is Mr. Mahomes II, not Mr. Mahomes I.

3.73 Grade (4.0 point scale)
0.84 Performance Relative to Expectations (+ = Positive Surprise, - = Negative Surprise)
2.89 Desired Future Role (+ is larger role, - is smaller role)
0.95 Ascending/Descending (+ is ascending, - is descending)
-0.79 Trade Value (Round)

Rasputin
01-30-2018, 08:09 PM
I don't think I'm being a Debbie Downer, I'm being realistic. How many TDs did the kid throw? I'll admit I'm excited for our future, but I'm going to wait for a few more games before I proclaim him to be the next Trent Green, let alone Lenny the Cool.

He threw to #14 that hit #14 in the hands that #14 dropped. So what. He made plays on third down that not many quarterbacks can make certainly not Alex Smith that would have thrown it or ran it out of bounds.

I don't believe Joe Montana threw a touchdown his first start. He doesn't need to be Trent Green or Lenny the cool I believe he will carve his own name in history that upcoming quarterbacks will try emulate.

Maybe people do exaggerate how good he possibly be but at this point it's fun because most of us never experienced the excitement of what drafting a first round quarterback can bring. It may take 5 to 10 years but the window of opportunity is wide open to win a Super Bowl building the team around Patrick through the draft.

Rasputin
01-30-2018, 08:21 PM
Also it's entirely not fair to judge Patrick for not throwing a touchdown because that opportunity to take a drive or two to the house was taken away for bonehead Tyler Bray. I think had they not put Tyler Bray in when they did Patrick Mahomes II would have gotten a touchdown pass. He did everything else to win the game against Denver starters.