PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith appreciation thread (end of an era edition)

DaFace
01-30-2018, 09:21 PM
Yes, I know many around here couldn't stand his conservative style of play, but he dragged the team out of the basement and gave us something to hope for. He even gave us some exciting games here and there.

He's a great all-around guy, and I wish him the best.

(But let the Mahomes era begin!)

Red Dawg
01-30-2018, 09:22 PM
Alex is all class. I have never called for his death but I am stoked about Mahomes.

Randallflagg
01-30-2018, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I have nothing against the guy....just glad he is moving on. Best of luck to him.

Marcellus
Alex is a good guy who did all he could. He did make it interesting for 5 years.
Thanks and bye.

Ming the Merciless
Well without seeing the actual deal, but assuming it is a second round pick at least, and something else....I will say this turned out better than I hoped for. I was wrong. I will admit. I thought getting alex was going to be a set back and we would be starting back at square one...but I do believe we used his 5 years wisely....and for that I salute you ...

Thanks Alex, you helped this team..

ALso, you did win a playoff game against HOU...which may have actually broken the curse on us.

Rasputin
01-30-2018, 09:24 PM
I appreciate he got trade to the Washington Forskins Now lets partey

duncan_idaho
01-30-2018, 09:26 PM
I thnk Alex Smith is a great dude, and I'm sure he and I would get along fine, since we're both touchy-feely pinko commie libs...

But I have no appreciation for his time in KC. Glad it's over and we can move on.

TribalElder
Good guy best of luck

Do you think he will be back and honored by the chiefs someday?

KC_Lee
Did all he could, won a playoff game, hope he has sucess in Washington.

MMXcalibur
Good luck in Washington, Alex Smith.

Frustrating to watch play sometimes, but an awesome person and enjoyed cheering for him over the past couple seasons.

Kman34
01-30-2018, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the memories.......

Mahomes 20-forever

Rasputin
01-30-2018, 09:27 PM
I wish him the best when he plays against the Raiders & Broncos. (If that ever happens)

SAUTO
01-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Thanks. Good luck

Bearcat
Remember that time he was traded to the Redskins?

Eleazar
Now watch Smith be QBing the NFC in the Bowl next year after Foles did it this year ROFL

Because Chiefs

O.city
He was always better than his critics said, but it is waht it is.

Reerun_KC
01-30-2018, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the playoff memories.

K? Bye!

Sassy Squatch
01-30-2018, 09:30 PM
As frustrating are you were at times, you got us 5 straight winning seasons and made Chiefs football bearable to watch. Here's to you Smith.

DaFace
Now watch Smith be QBing the NFC in the Bowl next year after Foles did it this year ROFL

Because Chiefs

Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind...

Pablo
Thanks for the blue balls and have a nice life fella.

TimBone
Yep, team was in the dumps for a few years before Andy and Alex arrived. I can appreciate what Alex has done here. Still, I'd like to see this team get over that playoff hump.

I don't k ow if Mahomes is the guy, but at least they're taking that chance.

Thanks for the lift up, Alex, and good luck in Washington.

TimBone
Remember that time he was traded to the Redskins?I DO!

Rasputin
01-30-2018, 09:34 PM
I remember that one play where at the end of the half Alex Smith chucked the ball 15 yards to Tyreek Hill and Tyreek Hill ran and juked and around like 9 guys for 60 yards for a touchdown.

duncan_idaho
01-30-2018, 09:34 PM

Because Chiefs

Are the Redskins going to roll out a historically elite defense and pair it with a dominant running game?

Other than that, have no fears whatsoever about Smith winning shit there.

Graystoke
01-30-2018, 09:35 PM
Yeah I am in. Good professional ball player.
But Time for Chiefs to move on with some homegrown QB

GloryDayz
01-30-2018, 09:35 PM
Take care Alex...

NJChiefsFan
01-30-2018, 09:36 PM
Great guy. Great teammate. Gave it his all. Really enjoyed how he played at times this year. Helped stabilize the ship.

rico
01-30-2018, 09:37 PM
I will never forget that moment I found out he was traded to the Redskins... and for you that, I am eternally grateful!!!

SuperBowl4
01-30-2018, 09:38 PM
Another 49er QB who couldn't take the CHIEFS to the Super Bowl. See ya!

jd1020
01-30-2018, 09:39 PM
I appreciate today. Thanks Alex. Bye Alex.

Rain Man
01-30-2018, 09:45 PM
Thanks, Alex, and we here in the Rain Man households wish you the best going forward.

O.city
01-30-2018, 09:45 PM
Dude is getting paid as well.

Good for him. Sets up his family for life.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2018, 10:59 PM
Dude is getting paid and now plays in a market the league actually gives a shit about. He signed up for this a long time ago given the extension he accepted.

GloryDayz
01-30-2018, 11:03 PM
Dude is getting paid and now plays in a market the league actually gives a shit about. He signed up for this a long time ago given the extension he accepted.

He's out of here, and that's all that matters...

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2018, 11:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can’t say enough about the guy.... one of the best competitors and teammates I’ve ever been around. Someone who I owe a lot of my success to, and a guy that’s been a class act through all the ups n downs. Thanks for all the memories brotha! <a href="https://t.co/OoGxBeOijY">pic.twitter.com/OoGxBeOijY</a></p>&mdash; Travis Kelce (@tkelce) <a href="https://twitter.com/tkelce/status/958545482976038914?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ragged Robin
01-30-2018, 11:20 PM
Good dude, never blamed anyone else and did all he could. Ultimately it wasn't enough and he wasn't perfect but he was always out there diving head first for first downs etc, all you could really ask for what he offered to the table

threebag
01-30-2018, 11:30 PM
Thank you Alex

RealSNR
01-30-2018, 11:31 PM
I still hope he fucks up his ACL

Sassy Squatch
01-30-2018, 11:31 PM
Why?

New World Order
01-30-2018, 11:32 PM
Get fucked Alex.

RealSNR
Dude is getting paid as well.

Good for him. Sets up his family for life.

Lol what? The dude already had the money to do that. Hell, he fucking had it when he signed his #1 overall deal.

He's approaching the point of sucking money from teams like Matt Cassel does. Overpaid piece of crap.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Good dude, never blamed anyone else and did all he could. Ultimately it wasn't enough and he wasn't perfect but he was always out there diving head first for first downs etc, all you could really ask for what he offered to the table

I think Smith did the classy thing by not complaining or stirring controversy. KC was not the final destination from him, when you live in California/San Francisco you don't to keep living in a fly over state

He got a destination that he wanted evident by the big extension.

Makes you wonder if Vernon Davis played a part in recruiting him.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2018, 11:33 PM
Lol what? The dude already had the money to do that. Hell, he ****ing had it when he signed his #1 overall deal.

He's approaching the point of sucking money from teams like Matt Cassel does. Overpaid piece of crap.

The #1 overall deal he originally signed is just a fraction compared to the $100 million he is about to get. Idiot.

Ming the Merciless
01-30-2018, 11:34 PM
I think Smith did the classy thing by not complaining or stirring controversy. KC was not the final destination from him, when you live in California/San Francisco you don't to keep living to live in a fly over state

funnily thats not what you were saying yesterday about him

he was gonna retire

no sense in playing more

kc was gonna keep him

they would be dumb to trade him

he would play another year on his contract

etc.....

RealSNR
Why?

Because ChiefsPAguy, Sandy, Tigger, and company, that's why.

They're the ones who did this to him.

Fish
Swell guy. well paid. Glad he's over there now.

RealSNR
01-30-2018, 11:35 PM
The #1 overall deal he originally signed is just a fraction compared to the $100 million he is about to get. Idiot.

The #1 overall deal set his family up for life.

The 2nd contract secured it.

The extension with KC just... I don't know what it did, exactly. Bought him a bigger mansion?

This new contract is just money he's going to shove up his ass. He has no use for it at all.

Sanka
01-30-2018, 11:39 PM
Good guy best of luck

Do you think he will be back and honored by the chiefs someday?

Honored for what exactly?

Chiefspants
While Tiger is right about the market, Alex will also have to face the press that comes with that market.

I do wish him nothing but the best. A guy that's taken that many hits both physically and mentally deserves to ride off in the sunset.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Agent and union fees plus taxes.

Sassy Squatch
Because ChiefsPAguy, Sandy, Tigger, and company, that's why.

They're the ones who did this to him.
Meh. Fair enough.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2018, 11:41 PM
While Tiger is right about the market, Alex will also have to face the press that comes with that market.

I do wish him nothing but the best. A guy that's taken that many hits both physically and mentally deserves to ride off in the sunset.

They're a tough/jaded market but it's nothing he didn't experience in San Fran. Coaching staff is perfect for him offensively. He's got an impressive receiver committee with Vernon Davis, Jordan Reed, Doctson, J Crowder, terrelle Pryor, Grant and dual threat RB Thompson. He and his agent went after this deal hard. It was this or Jacksonville.

RunKC
01-30-2018, 11:48 PM
So now Tiger is so triggered he’s attacking the city of Kansas City.

JohnnyHammersticks
01-30-2018, 11:51 PM
Not a fan of his football ability, just my opinion, but the guy picked one of the best causes to beat the drum for in terms of working with kids who age out of foster care. Considering how tough life can be even under the best of circumstances, I can't even imagine what it would be like spending 18 years in a foster home and never getting chosen for adoption. That's got to really **** with one's self-confidence and sense of belonging. The fact that Alex recognized that and chose that as his charity says a lot about his character and compassion. He's a great dude, I just don't want him quarterbacking the Chiefs anymore.

Fish
01-30-2018, 11:53 PM
Who?

NJChiefsFan
01-30-2018, 11:58 PM
They're a tough/jaded market but it's nothing he didn't experience in San Fran. Coaching staff is perfect for him offensively. He's got an impressive receiver committee with Vernon Davis, Jordan Reed, Doctson, J Crowder, terrelle Pryor, Grant and dual threat RB Thompson. He and his agent went after this deal hard. It was this or Jacksonville.

Pryor was awful last year and poor Reed can't stay healthy.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 12:04 AM
Pryor was awful last year and poor Reed can't stay healthy.

True. But when healthy he's an amazing addition to Vernon Davis who Smith already knows well. This trade was calculated for some time. He has more depth than we ever gave him in KC

Plus the Skins have a damn good offensive line

Fish
01-31-2018, 12:05 AM
True. But when healthy he's an amazing addition to Vernon Davis who Smith already knows well. This trade was calculated for some time. He has more depth than we ever gave him in KC

https://media1.giphy.com/media/UQaRUOLveyjNC/source.gif

Reerun_KC
01-31-2018, 12:07 AM
LMAO @ Fish

chiefzilla1501
01-31-2018, 12:09 AM

LOL. Yeah, Chris Thompson, always injured Jordan Reed, and crowder are better than hunt, kelce, and tyreek. Get over yourself. Smith had a ton of talent on offense.

RealSNR
01-31-2018, 12:16 AM
Skins have a good offensive line? Aren't they the team that played a MNF game earlier this season with like 4 injured starters or some shit like that?

Sounds reeeeeal consistent and exactly what Alex needs. A place where he can find success but blame his shortcomings on injuries and bad luck.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 12:16 AM
LOL. Yeah, Chris Thompson, always injured Jordan Reed, and crowder are better than hunt, kelce, and tyreek. Get over yourself. Smith had a ton of talent on offense.

And he was the #1 rated QB playing on a team with no depth. Harris supposed to be a viable backup TE?

T-post Tom
01-31-2018, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the memories. Hope we see you against the Chiefs in the SB next year and the year after.:)

Easy 6
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can’t say enough about the guy.... one of the best competitors and teammates I’ve ever been around. Someone who I owe a lot of my success to, and a guy that’s been a class act through all the ups n downs. Thanks for all the memories brotha! <a href="https://t.co/OoGxBeOijY">pic.twitter.com/OoGxBeOijY</a></p>&mdash; Travis Kelce (@tkelce) <a href="https://twitter.com/tkelce/status/958545482976038914?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DC is going to LOVE him... to a point

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Skins have a good offensive line? Aren't they the team that played a MNF game earlier this season with like 4 injured starters or some shit like that?

Sounds reeeeeal consistent and exactly what Alex needs. A place where he can find success but blame his shortcomings on injuries and bad luck.

You continue to prove how you know nothing about the NFL. Skins have one of the best pair of tackles in the league and a young Guard that just made the Pro bowl. This is why their organization has been skeptical about Cousins: top ten protection with a handful of weapons and he still couldn't elevate himself to the top.

Dumb shit.

MAG
01-31-2018, 12:21 AM
Thank you, Alex. Thank you for everything.

Bl00dyBizkitz
Can't complain about 5 years of winning, but it's time.

Frazod
https://media.giphy.com/media/Y5SCiK1hDO9AA/200.gif

RealSNR
01-31-2018, 12:22 AM
You continue to prove how you know nothing about the NFL. Skins have one of the best pair of tackles in the league and a young Guard that just made the Pro bowl. This is why their organization has been skeptical about Cousins: top ten protection with a handful of weapons and he still couldn't elevate himself to the top.

Dumb shit.

"We will give Alex Smith an extension and restructure the deal to delay the cap hit."

-TigerUppercut ever since Mahomes was drafted

Ming the Merciless
01-31-2018, 12:22 AM

Dumb shit.

And what will be your excuse when smith fails to elevate them to 'the top'?

Reerun_KC
01-31-2018, 12:23 AM

Dumb shit.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180131/a195bbd59205906e30ced6a95177dd0f.jpg

Baby Lee
01-31-2018, 12:23 AM

You have the balls to accuse me of bad behavior?

Oh, and aren't you the one who cried like a little BITCH when I threw this kind of shit back in your face.

Keep showing your ass.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 12:28 AM
SNR and Servant are the two dumbest bitches I've come across. Raised by beta males who told them it's okay to be broke

RealSNR
01-31-2018, 12:29 AM

Oh, and aren't you the one who cried like a little BITCH when I threw this kind of shit back in your face.

Keep showing your ass.

Alex is dead.

I'm happy.

I win. You lose.

Suck my dick.

Reerun_KC
SNR and Servant are the two dumbest bitches I've come across. Raised by beta males who told them it's okay to be broke

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180131/692d16464b73331b29fff4dc95d2a965.jpg

TigeRRUppeRRcut

Keep showing your ass.

AMEN

:clap:

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 12:30 AM
Alex is dead.

I'm happy.

I win. You lose.

Suck my dick.

No Alex just left the fly over state for a better life and will get to reap in $92 (more) million before age 37.

You dumbass.

RealSNR
01-31-2018, 12:31 AM

You bet everything you had on Alex in spite of EVERYBODY openly mocking you.

You lost.

You can fucking bet your ass I'm going to dance on your goddamn grave for as long as you continue to post here.

Fish
01-31-2018, 12:32 AM
No Alex just left the fly over state for a better life and will get to reap in $92 (more) million before age 37.

You dumbass.

Baby Lee
01-31-2018, 12:32 AM
Alex is dead.

I'm happy.

I win. You lose.

Suck my dick.

You're right, I lose. Because you wish injury on people and the mods do nothing. I remind people that they're the kind of people who wish injury on others, and the mods decide that's 'a pretty damn big deal' to sensitive types and do their mod shit. [Oh, and you whine like a broken little bitch about my lack of sensitivity].

Congrats.

Baby Lee
01-31-2018, 12:33 AM

If it bothers you so much, why can't you just ignore it?

Reerun_KC
01-31-2018, 12:34 AM
You're right, I lose. Because you wish injury on people and the mods do nothing. I remind people that they're the kind of people who wish injury on others, and the mods decide that's 'a pretty damn big deal' to sensitive types and do their mod shit. [Oh, and you whine like a broken little bitch about my lack of sensitivity].

Congrats.

Alex isn’t a chief anymore. It’s okay to wish injury to him.

Been that way since I signed up. Chiefs players off limits. Open season on anyone else.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 12:34 AM
"But Smith, for those who like quarterback won-loss records, has posted a winning record in seven straight seasons. During that time, his winning percentage of .688 trails only Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers."

Redskins are going to the playoffs next year if Reed stays healthy.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 12:35 AM

Been that way since I signed up. Chiefs players off limits. Open season on anyone else.

I hope you crash your plane on take off and they fire your drunk ass

RealSNR
01-31-2018, 12:36 AM

Congrats.

You seem upset.

Fish
01-31-2018, 12:36 AM

Baby Lee
01-31-2018, 12:37 AM

You're not a Chief either.

RunKC
01-31-2018, 12:37 AM
Redskins just traded for a 34 year old player who finally threw 4,000 yards over their much younger QB who threw 4,000 yards the last 3 years in a row.

There’s a reason the Redskins suck every year

Baby Lee
01-31-2018, 12:39 AM
You seem upset.

Nah, seen to much of your schtick to be upset.

Maybe a little upset at myself that I ever fell for your pathetic blubbering 'why you gotta be so mean' routine a while back.

What a poseur.

Reerun_KC
01-31-2018, 12:40 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180131/3eec7cf43bcd1e5581eb3c937bdd0eb9.jpg

Reerun_KC
01-31-2018, 12:41 AM
You're not a Chief either.

I’m not? Well wish you would of told me that in 88. Thanks for the heads up.

Baby Lee
01-31-2018, 12:43 AM
I’m not? Well wish you would of told me that in 88. Thanks for the heads up.

Just keeping you apprised, open season and whatnot.

Reerun_KC
01-31-2018, 12:44 AM
Just keeping you apprised, open season and whatnot.

Word. I appreciate your honesty.

RealSNR
01-31-2018, 12:44 AM
Nah, seen to much of your schtick to be upset.

Maybe a little upset at myself that I ever fell for your pathetic blubbering 'why you gotta be so mean' routine a while back.

What a poseur.

Let's celebrate. I'm in a great mood. Alex is off my team. Cheers to you, Baby Lee!

chiefzilla1501
01-31-2018, 12:45 AM
And he was the #1 rated QB playing on a team with no depth. Harris supposed to be a viable backup TE?

Are you talking about the no depth backups that beat the Broncos? That offense? Give me a fucking break. And when the fuck was depth ever an issue considering kelce, hill, and hunt were available all season? Anyone crying about our offensive talent needs their head examined.

Baby Lee
01-31-2018, 12:46 AM
Word. I appreciate your honesty.

Let's celebrate. I'm in a great mood. Alex is off my team. Cheers to you, Baby Lee!

Your lips to Mod's ear.

RealSNR
01-31-2018, 12:52 AM
Your lips to Mod's ear.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ee925OTFBCA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bigjosh
01-31-2018, 12:55 AM
I was going to come in here and say something nice about Alex, but the posters in here remind me why I hate the fucking guy.

Fuck Alex Smith. I just hope he doesn't drown throwing boulders underwater until after March 14.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 01:00 AM
Are you talking about the no depth backups that beat the Broncos? That offense? Give me a ****ing break. And when the **** was depth ever an issue considering kelce, hill, and hunt were available all season? Anyone crying about our offensive talent needs their head examined.

Again ....#1 rated QB despite no depth. He's going into a situation loaded with depth and a top ten o line..

jd1020
01-31-2018, 01:02 AM
Again ....#1 rated QB despite no depth. He's going into a situation loaded with depth and a top ten o line..

Half way through the 2018 season you are going to be telling all the Redskins fans on their forums about how the OL is terrible and he doesn't have a single WR.

Sannyasi
01-31-2018, 01:02 AM
I don't mind giving Alex his props. Even in his worst times, he was never a Cassel. He was a great fit for Reid's style of offense and the way he protected the ball was underrated. He also played much better than I ever expected he could this last season, and its possible we would have never drafted Mahomes if he had performed that well a year earlier.

That being said, it didn't make sense to keep him on the roster when we have a QBOTF that needs to get some game time. Still, I'm glad he balled out last season so we could get a nice return for him :thumb: thanks Alex. Good luck in Washington, except when you are playing the Chiefs.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 01:05 AM
Half way through the 2018 season you are going to be telling all the Redskins fans on their forums about how the OL is terrible and he doesn't have a single WR.

Again #1 rated QB despite a suspect offensive line and no depth at receiver

Baby Lee
01-31-2018, 01:09 AM
I don't mind giving Alex his props. Even in his worst times, he was never a Cassel. He was a great fit for Reid's style of offense and the way he protected the ball was underrated. He also played much better than I ever expected he could this last season, and its possible we would have never drafted Mahomes if he had performed that well a year earlier.

That being said, it didn't make sense to keep him on the roster when we have a QBOTF that needs to get some game time. Still, I'm glad he balled out last season so we could get a nice return for him :thumb: thanks Alex. Good luck in Washington, except when you are playing the Chiefs.

He wasn't elite, but he was good enough to win important games with a roster a competent franchise should be able to assemble. The talent was there in spurts, but we had a bad run of health fortunes at inopportune and important times.
We were very fortunate that Mahomes arrived at a time when we could acquire him and he is the first QB entering the NFL in a while that looks truly capable of what the fanbase expects a QB to execute.
We/re doubly fortunate that Smith left quietly for a team that wanted him sufficient to satisfy both him and us to acquire him.

bigjosh
01-31-2018, 01:11 AM

https://image.ibb.co/iaPtYm/okayest.jpg

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 01:12 AM
The dumbasses who said he was going to the Browns. Like I said to you dumbshits... He has more say in it than you want to believe.

bigjosh
01-31-2018, 01:14 AM
The dumbasses who said he was going to the Browns. Like I said to you dumbshits... He has more say in it than you want to believe.

I thought it would be the cardinals, like it fucking matters.

This coming from the guy that thought he would be playing here in 18. LMAO

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 01:16 AM
#1 rated QB early last season before the team had a meltdown I said he would play out his contract.
Is this the best thing you can come up with? Jesus Christ you're an idiot. And probably poor as shit too

Bugeater
01-31-2018, 01:18 AM
Again ....#1 rated QB despite no depth. He's going into a situation loaded with depth and a top ten o line..And hopefully you'll be going with him...

bigjosh
01-31-2018, 01:19 AM
#1 rated QB early last season before the team had a meltdown I said he would play out his contract.
Is this the best thing you can come up with? Jesus Christ you're an idiot. And probably poor as shit too

Lol, what does my income have to do with it? You sure are in full meltdown mode right now. Poor little guy.

FWIW, my gun collection alone is probably worth twice your yearly salary.

jd1020
01-31-2018, 01:19 AM

The more you stay and post the more likely you are going to miss your flight.

jd1020
01-31-2018, 01:20 AM
Lol, what does my income have to do with it? You sure are in full meltdown mode right now. Poor little guy.

He's melting down as much as Smith's final drive as a Chief.

bigjosh
01-31-2018, 01:23 AM
He's melting down as much as Smith's final drive as a Chief.

LMAO REP.
http://i.imgur.com/XWsfric.gif

chiefzilla1501
01-31-2018, 01:29 AM

LOL. You're overrating the living hell out of the skins. Even they aren't as high on the supporting cast. Shit at rb, injury prone te, and crowder/doctson/privileged Pryor are average at best. Not to mention an ol you're overrating the hell out of. But thats right, you're also the guy who claimed Brady wins because of talent while poor Alex has to suffer playing with hunt, tyreek, and kelce.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 01:33 AM
Cousins is overrated which is why management wouldn't extend him. He was swarmed with talent and still managed to mess up. Now they have a guy who can throw it deep and can run the ball

When have I complained about the three headed monster? About was the top rated QB with zero depth. Dumbass poor people

Kaepernick
01-31-2018, 01:39 AM
Cousins is overrated which is why management wouldn't extend him. He was swarmed with talent and still managed to mess up. Now they have a guy who can throw it deep and can run the ball

When have I complained about the three headed monster? About was the top rated QB with zero depth. Dumbass poor people

Throw it deep. Deep.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ic97mPViHEG5O/giphy.gif

http://wonkville.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/BugsBunnyMaroon.jpg

bigjosh
01-31-2018, 01:39 AM
He is talking up vernon davis like he isnt a hundred year old brokedick tight end.

The guy has like 1000 yards and 7 TDs in the last 4 years.

chiefzilla1501
01-31-2018, 01:52 AM

LOL. Swarmed with talent.

Jordan Reed is never healthy. Vernon Davis is old and was never elite in the first place.
Terrelle Pryor is a complete head case and no way do they bring him back
Doctson was useless unless catching jump balls, which I've never seen Alex throw
Crowder is average. These guys aren't #1 receivers
Chris Thompson is average, and the rest of the RBs are hot garbage

Depth my ass. And considering that this supposedly all world ol was never healthy, then shame on Washington for blaming cousins' problems on being surrounded with talent. I don't think cousins is that good. But good lord you're overrating the living hell out of this supporting cast.

bigjosh
01-31-2018, 01:55 AM
LOL. Swarmed with talent.

Jordan Reed is never healthy. Vernon Davis is old and was never elite in the first place.
Terrelle Pryor is a complete head case and no way do they bring him back
Doctson was useless unless catching jump balls, which I've never seen Alex throw
Crowder is average. These guys aren't #1 receivers
Chris Thompson is average, and the rest of the RBs are hot garbage

Depth my ass. And considering that this supposedly all world ol was never healthy, then shame on Washington for blaming cousins' problems on being surrounded with talent. I don't think cousins is that good. But good lord you're overrating the living hell out of this supporting cast.

Alex is going from a team with the leading rusher, best tight end in the game, a rising star WR, and a good pass blocking O-line to a team that is questionable at every offensive skill position.

I think it is safe to say he takes a big step back to lower middle teir QB this year.

"But they are way better and not in a flyover state and look at the money they are paying him." -Tigger

temper11
01-31-2018, 02:02 AM
He wasn't elite, but he was good enough to win important games with a roster a competent franchise should be able to assemble. The talent was there in spurts, but we had a bad run of health fortunes at inopportune and important times.
We were very fortunate that Mahomes arrived at a time when we could acquire him and he is the first QB entering the NFL in a while that looks truly capable of what the fanbase expects a QB to execute.
We/re doubly fortunate that Smith left quietly for a team that wanted him sufficient to satisfy both him and us to acquire him.

Good rational post.

temper11
01-31-2018, 02:06 AM

I thought he actually might have wanted to go to the Browns (until I heard his comments today). Unlike the Chiefs, the Browns have drafted a damned 1st round QB in every draft for the last 100 years. They are the exact polor opposites of the Chiefs. Browns fan wants a retread proven QB. And they are 1 and 31! Smith could go there, win 8 games with his eyes closed and be considered a God without all the butt hurt that comes from a fan base frothing at the mouth to play their first drafted QB in a millennia. Anyway, thought there might be at least some appeal there for Smith, but apparently not. :D

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 02:07 AM
Alex is going from a team with the leading rusher, best tight end in the game, a rising star WR, and a good pass blocking O-line to a team that is questionable at every offensive skill position.

I think it is safe to say he takes a big step back to lower middle teir QB this year.

"But they are way better and not in a flyover state and look at the money they are paying him." -Tigger

Crowder, Doctson, Grant, Pryor, Davis, Reed and Thompson make for an awesome committee. Ask the Patriots what it's like to have a deep offensive roster

-King-
01-31-2018, 03:17 AM
This is the dumbest fucking board I've ever been on. Why do you guys constantly engage with people like Tigger or Clay? They're 2 sides of the same coin.
Posted via Mobile Device

BryanBusby
01-31-2018, 03:43 AM
I appreciate that he finally found the goddamn exit

Bigdaddy
01-31-2018, 03:51 AM
Alex....a true class act!

PAChiefsGuy
01-31-2018, 03:53 AM
Thanks for everything Alex 'Class Act' Smith! Good luck in Washington (expect for when you play the Chiefs)!!!

BlackHelicopters
01-31-2018, 03:58 AM
Another Alex thread. Great way to greet a new day.

rico
01-31-2018, 04:20 AM

Keep showing your ass.

Calm down, gutter slut. It's not like he wrote anything about having a "Baby Lee bereavement" or anything lame like that.

Chiefs=Champions
01-31-2018, 04:34 AM
I liked Alex. Good person, above average qb. But im glad he's gone and the Mahomes era can begin. I never wanted to trade for him in the first place. But thanks for the winning seasons Alex.

brucey_72
01-31-2018, 08:17 AM
I'm glad he is no longer the QB for a team I watch. I am a 49ers fan and my wife is a Chiefs fan so I have had to watch him for the past 13 years. I am glad I NEVER have to deal with his fanboys again, they are the ones who make the Alex experience awful. I think he is underrated and good QB but his fans make me hate the guy. I can't believe a QB of his level has such a cult following.

That being said thank you Alex for being a class act and also for playing ok football for the last 7 seasons. Thank God it is finally over. Really looking forward to Garoppolo and Mahomes every Sunday. Good luck Chiefs, you have been my 2nd team for a very long time. Hopefully your board gets back to normal. First thing my wife asked is "Can they take Andy with him?"

Sandy Vagina
01-31-2018, 08:25 AM
This new contract is just money he's going to shove up his ass. He has no use for it at all.

Alex allocates large portions of his money straight into his non-profit Youth Foundation. He spends much on helping today's disadvantaged kids.

Everyone should be able to find some appreciation for that, at least. :)

Sandy Vagina
01-31-2018, 08:33 AM
I thought it would be the cardinals, like it ****ing matters.

I was feeling sure it would be Cardinals as well. I think that would have been the better spot for him, but oh well. Glad he is getting well paid... and they get some strong players back from injury. :)

notorious
01-31-2018, 08:33 AM
He made some Wow throws and some excellent scrambles. He constantly showed that he had the ability to be an elite QB, but he couldn’t do it when it mattered the most.

Thanks Alex. I hope you succeed in Washington.

Shaid
01-31-2018, 09:01 AM
Good luck Alex. Thanks for taking us from embarrassing to respectable.

GloryDayz
01-31-2018, 09:28 AM

Travis is always messing around...

https://media.giphy.com/media/aB2WzHFLfuNP2/giphy.gif

But I'm sure he'll be equally complimentary towards Mahomes.

GloryDayz
01-31-2018, 09:32 AM
I think Smith did the classy thing by not complaining or stirring controversy. KC was not the final destination from him, when you live in California/San Francisco you don't to keep living in a fly over state

He got a destination that he wanted evident by the big extension.

Makes you wonder if Vernon Davis played a part in recruiting him.

He definitely kept his mouth shut when he needed to be a vocal leader. Nobody knows that better than Chiefs fans. I suppose the Redskins will learn about it very soon. That and just how many times a QB can check down in one game.

GloryDayz
01-31-2018, 09:33 AM
funnily thats not what you were saying yesterday about him

he was gonna retire

no sense in playing more

kc was gonna keep him

they would be dumb to trade him

he would play another year on his contract

etc.....

Tigger's just mad because Clay kicked his butt (again).

GloryDayz
01-31-2018, 09:35 AM
So now Tiger is so triggered he’s attacking the city of Kansas City.

Yyyyyyyyyup....

Beef Supreme
01-31-2018, 09:35 AM
I love that Kelce has been in Smith's corner. Smith has been an excellent teammate and a hell of a good guy and Kelce has had his back at all times. It speaks highly of Kelce.

Now get behind the new guy and have his back, and set some records while doing it.

GloryDayz
01-31-2018, 09:36 AM
Not a fan of his football ability, just my opinion, but the guy picked one of the best causes to beat the drum for in terms of working with kids who age out of foster care. Considering how tough life can be even under the best of circumstances, I can't even imagine what it would be like spending 18 years in a foster home and never getting chosen for adoption. That's got to really **** with one's self-confidence and sense of belonging. The fact that Alex recognized that and chose that as his charity says a lot about his character and compassion. He's a great dude, I just don't want him quarterbacking the Chiefs anymore.

I tend to agree, and I hope he and his wife keep it going no matter where they live. :thumb:

KCrockaholic
01-31-2018, 09:47 AM
This is the dumbest ****ing board I've ever been on. Why do you guys constantly engage with people like Tigger or Clay? They're 2 sides of the same coin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Clay actually has value to this board. Tigger is just a jackass.

GloryDayz
01-31-2018, 09:51 AM
And what will be your excuse when smith fails to elevate them to 'the top'?

To be honest, I'm not sure he won't. Juxtaposing the Redskins owner to ours, I don't think it'll take long for Snyder to let his employees know that Alex isn't allowed to check-down now that he's a Redskin. IOW, he might make sure that his employees know that, if needed, they'll take away the horizontal check-down/bubble screen options, and demand that he take shot vertically.

Remember, Snyder isn't a dead-weight owner like we suffer.

Sandy Vagina
01-31-2018, 09:53 AM
Alex Smith is held in much higher regard in the football community than what you hear and read in the wake of pending trade to Washington.

— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) January 31, 2018

:)

Frazod
01-31-2018, 09:56 AM
Bye, Alice.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LightheartedSoupyAfricangoldencat-max-1mb.gif

JakeF
01-31-2018, 09:57 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Redskins</a> gave QB Alex Smith a 4-year extension worth $94M, source said. He gets a whopping $71M in guarantees.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/958544387188903941?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
wow

Washington always does such stupid shit.

ptlyon
01-31-2018, 09:58 AM
Thanks for all of the playoff wins Alex

Bewbies
01-31-2018, 09:59 AM
Thank you for being bad enough KC drafted Mahomes. Enjoy DC.

Frosty
01-31-2018, 10:01 AM
(expect for when you play the Chiefs)!!!

That's extremely unlikely to ever happen.

Priest31kc
01-31-2018, 10:02 AM

You keep bringing up the same stats over and over again.

Again, it was an outlying statistical career high season for Alex. And there were several factors which made that so.

We got really good QB PRODUCTION, more so than really good QB PLAY.

Our receivers led the league in separation per completion. Alex was 40th out of 41 QBs in percentage of throws into tight windows. He was also bottom 10 in air yards per attempt again.

He finally threw for over 3500 yards & 23 TDs (barely, wow 3 more TDs for an amazing 26 TDs!) mainly because Tyreek Hill is the best deep threat this league has seen in awhile now (Which is why Alex led the league in passer rating on deep balls...because Tyreek was WIDE open nearly every time), he had the best TE in the game, he had an elite running game, he had an above average OL, he had the new wrinkles of the RPO, and he had that hot 5 game start that skewed his numbers for the whole season.

And again, fuck your overrated, outdated passer rating statistic. If Alex was #1 or near the top in passer rating every year than that would be different...but he's not. It was an outlying year. And he still only finished 9-7 and was 0-5 in game winning drives. Shitty on 3rd downs. Shitty in the redzone. Shitty in the intermediate part of the field. Shitty when it mattered.

Also, Nick Foles led the league in passer rating one year...Plus he has more playoff wins this year than Alex Smith has as a Chief in 5 and just made a Super Bowl. FOLES >>>> ALEX

FloridaMan88
01-31-2018, 10:02 AM
Thank you for winning the September Super Bowl this year, and your first half performances in the Indy and Tennessee playoff games.

That's about it.

YayMike
01-31-2018, 10:06 AM
Thank you Alex for restoring us to a level of respect from the NFL. You took us as far as you possibly could and made us relevant again. But now its time to move on!

Your trade (checks #2, 1 and 5) is the beginning of this team going to the next level in the playoffs. A good corner to go opposite of Peters, $15m savings, and a draft pick.

If the other moves that we know need to occur happen, and we get more money from the release of DJ, Hali, Ford, et all, we can sign a LG, a Safety, and draft a few pass rushers, we could IMMEDIATELY contend again next year.

Again -- Thank you Alex for the last 5 years.

Yay Mike

chiefzilla1501
01-31-2018, 11:34 AM
Never formally thanked alex Smith for helping us save a shit load of cap money on Revis' playoff bonus.

gblowfish
01-31-2018, 11:34 AM
I appreciate him leaving for Washington.

crayzkirk
01-31-2018, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the regular season wins, Alex. I know it wasn't all your fault that the team couldn't win in the playoffs. Seems like he was a nice guy, didn't make waves, was a team player, stayed out of trouble and did the best he was capable of.

I'm just concerned that the director of the movie is still here...

oldman
01-31-2018, 11:57 AM
He and Reid brought back respectability back to our team and for that I will thank both of them. But there's a big difference in respectability and being a powerhouse and Smith was just never going to take us there.

ptlyon
01-31-2018, 01:54 PM
Wonder if he has cleaned out his locker yet?

If so, thanks Alex.

Baby Lee
01-31-2018, 02:23 PM
Calm down, gutter slut. It's not like he wrote anything about having a "Baby Lee bereavement" or anything lame like that.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-20-2016/X1XVkz.gif

Spott
01-31-2018, 02:28 PM
I appreciate that he’s finally fucking gone.

Baby Lee
01-31-2018, 02:28 PM
Travis is always messing around...

https://media.giphy.com/media/aB2WzHFLfuNP2/giphy.gif

But I'm sure he'll be equally complimentary towards Mahomes.

Looks like Kelce is due for a bit of conversion this offseason.

At the moment the trade was 'not news he was trying to hear' and he's taking until March to let the reality settle in for him.

Guess we'll have the same opportunity to decide whether he's an elite weapon or an immature distraction, depending on his acclimation.

And before people attack me for taking a stand, please note that I'm only reporting his words.

Now that Alex is out of the picture, I'd love nothing more than Kelce to pull off a mask 'scooby villian' style and say 'psyche! we've been so hamstrung by Alex, let the Mahomes era begin.' But it is what it is.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;It was definitely news that I was not trying to hear.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> TE Travis Kelce makes his first public comment on the Alex Smith trade <a href="https://t.co/Aq1xFjOzSC">pic.twitter.com/Aq1xFjOzSC</a></p>&mdash; Dan Patrick Show (@dpshow) <a href="https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/958745089303396352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2018</a></blockquote>

JakeF
01-31-2018, 02:31 PM
I appreciate that he’s finally fucking gone.
Can't even show respect after he's gone? He arguably brought back as much in trade as we spent on him. He helped pulls us out of the gutter and transition to our QBOTF. Sad.

Baby Lee
01-31-2018, 02:35 PM
I think he is underrated and good QB but his fans make me hate the guy.

I'm basically the same, except his detractors ruined not only 'the guy' but the entire franchise experience.

Alex's fans would be a lot more irritating, as much as they were for you, if they weren't 'delusionally rooting' for the guy who was, you know, the actual starter for the actual team on the field.

JakeF
01-31-2018, 02:52 PM
I'm basically the same, except his detractors ruined not only 'the guy' but the entire franchise experience.

Alex's fans would be a lot more irritating, as much as they were for you, if they weren't 'delusionally rooting' for the guy who was, you know, the actual starter for the actual team on the field.Alex Smith was just about the best transitional QB you could possibly hope for. Almost no transitional guys work out in the NFL but Smith did. It would have been nice if it would have been a year earlier but that's hardly Smith's fault. All this Alex Smith rage is hard to understand.

jd1020
01-31-2018, 02:53 PM
All the Alex Smith rage is hard to understand.

It's only hard to understand for the people with no knowledge of the Chiefs history.

SuperBowl4
01-31-2018, 02:56 PM
Can't even show respect after he's gone? He arguably brought back as much in trade as we spent on him. He helped pulls us out of the gutter and transition to our QBOTF. Sad.Watch the GIANTS game again.

Buehler445
01-31-2018, 03:02 PM
I think people forget how much of a shitshoe this franchise was when he came. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards took us from contender to absolute joke and Pioli made it fucking miserable.

Dorsey, Reid and Smith took us from fucking joke to contending again and that is no small feat. I’ll always appreciate their work. I fully acknowledge it isn’t good enough but I won’t lose the perspective Squirmin Herman Motherucking Sack of Cunt Edwards provided me with.

JakeF
01-31-2018, 03:08 PM
It's only hard to understand for the people with no knowledge of the Chiefs history.The Chiefs have traded for several San Franciso quarterbacks instead of drafting one. I get it but that rage should be at the Hunt family. It has little to do with Alex Smith, other than he used to be a 49er.

Alex Smith help pull the team out of the gutter, won games, made the playoffs, help teach his replacement(which is rare), arguably brought back as much in trade as it cost to get him. He did all of this without causing a single bit of trouble despite taking shit from many of the fans. Productive transitional quarterbacks like this are rare.

JakeF
01-31-2018, 03:15 PM
Watch the GIANTS game again.
What the hell does any single game have to do with anything?

When Dorsey,Reid,Smith showed up we were in the gutter. Now we aren't and Smith just netted us a decent trade on the way out of town. Dorsey drafted Mahomes and Smith helped train him. People love Mahomes but hate Dorsey and Smith for it. Talk about being ungrateful. Pretty sure that's the very definition of it.

jd1020
01-31-2018, 03:18 PM
The Chiefs have traded for several San Franciso quarterbacks instead of drafting one. I get it but that rage should be at the Hunt family. It has little to do with Alex Smith, other than he used to be a 49er.\

It has to do with both.

I don't know Alex Smith personally so I couldn't care ****ing less about how nice of a guy he is or appears to be.

Alex Smith is made to look good on a team which has had a tremendous amount of talent. The defense has been top 7 in points every year except this last year (15th). The rushing offense has been top 10 all but one year as well (2016 - 15th). On the other hand, the passing offense was GARBAGE every single year except last year and it still ended with the same inevitable shit down the pants full half of football with 0 points and 30 something god damn yards.

Alex has been getting worse every year in the RZ. Luckily for him he had the best HR hitter in the game to elevate his numbers to his first 4k season ever, but still only throwing 26 TDs.

The Chiefs turn around has more to do with Andy Reid having some level of competency compared to the HC's of recent past. The team had the talent before Reid and the defensive core is still around but they lacked any kind of direction.

JakeF
01-31-2018, 03:25 PM
It has to do with both.

I don't know Alex Smith personally so I couldn't care fucking less about how nice of a guy he is or appears to be.

Alex Smith is made to look good on a team which has had a tremendous amount of talent. The defense has been top 7 in points every year except this last year (15th). The rushing offense has been top 10 all but one year as well (2016 - 15th). On the other hand, the passing offense was GARBAGE every single year except last year and it still ended with the same inevitable shit down the pants full half of football with 0 points and 30 something god damn yards.

The Chiefs turn around has more to do with Andy Reid having some level of competency compared to the HC's of recent past. The team had the talent before Reid and the defensive core is still around but they lacked any kind of direction.
One minute people are attacking Dorsey because of a lack of talent. The next they are using tons of talent as a reason to be critical Alex Smith for not winning a super bowl. Make up your mind.

I look forward to similar posts from you any year that Mahomes doesn't win a super bowl while in Kansas City.

jd1020
01-31-2018, 03:26 PM
One minute people are attacking Dorsey because of a lack of talent. The next they are using tons of talent as a reason to be critical Alex Smith for not winning a super bowl. Make up your mind.

I look forward to similar posts from you any year that Mahomes doesn't win a super bowl while in Kansas City.

I've never attacked Dorsey for a lack of talent, but a lot of the talent carried over from the previous regime. Pay attention.

But I've said from the beginning that Dorsey was fucking awful at negotiating contracts or trades, which Pioli was actually good at.

RippedmyFlesh
01-31-2018, 03:46 PM
This is the dumbest fucking board I've ever been on. Why do you guys constantly engage with people like Tigger or Clay? They're 2 sides of the same coin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats ridiculous. Don't care what you feel about clay he brings a lot to the board compared to tigger. If you didn't enjoy gif'ed up I don't know what to tell you. I can disagree with clay about things but enjoy the content he freely provides. Tigger just doesn't bring anything that off sets differences.

raybec 4
01-31-2018, 04:09 PM
There's a palpable rage from some guys in this thread. Lot's of anger from people who claim to be above it.

bigjosh
01-31-2018, 05:42 PM
Looks like Kelce is due for a bit of conversion this offseason.

At the moment the trade was 'not news he was trying to hear' and he's taking until March to let the reality settle in for him.

Guess we'll have the same opportunity to decide whether he's an elite weapon or an immature distraction, depending on his acclimation.

And before people attack me for taking a stand, please note that I'm only reporting his words.

Now that Alex is out of the picture, I'd love nothing more than Kelce to pull off a mask 'scooby villian' style and say 'psyche! we've been so hamstrung by Alex, let the Mahomes era begin.' But it is what it is.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;It was definitely news that I was not trying to hear.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> TE Travis Kelce makes his first public comment on the Alex Smith trade <a href="https://t.co/Aq1xFjOzSC">pic.twitter.com/Aq1xFjOzSC</a></p>— Dan Patrick Show (@dpshow) <a href="https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/958745089303396352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>What the fuck do you expect him to say?

"Ohh, thank god they finally traded a good friend of mine, that i hung out with 8 hours a day for 4 years to a different city."

It doesn't matter if he is excited for Patrick or not. He is obviously good friends with alex too.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2018, 05:43 PM
Alex saved me a lot of money the last five years that I would have spent on the Chiefs if he wasn't such a cuck.

Thanks, Alex!