View Full Version : Chiefs Alright, let's grade it.

Direckshun
01-30-2018, 10:29 PM
Smith to Washington Redskins

Chiefs get a mid-3rd and CB Kendall Fuller.

Poll forthcoming.

carcosa
01-30-2018, 10:30 PM
Well, we're pretty sure it's Fuller, anyway...

Prison Bitch
01-30-2018, 10:31 PM
Thinking A but since Chuefs

MMXcalibur
01-30-2018, 10:32 PM
...and now, with our hopes up, we'll find out tomorrow that the player is indeed:

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/tulsaworld.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/6b/26b4cc69-66ed-5835-a489-2c670e0489a3/5425bbb1890a2.image.jpg

Because Dustin Colquitt needs to be replaced.
Because we can't have nice things.
Because.................Chiefs.

jd1020
01-30-2018, 10:32 PM
Chiefs had me at "Alex Smith traded..."

A+

Sassy Squatch
01-30-2018, 10:34 PM
One of the best slot CBs on a cheap ass contract for 2 years? That's better than a bottom 1st rounder.

MMXcalibur
01-30-2018, 10:35 PM
One of the best slot CBs on a cheap ass contract for 2 years? That's better than a bottom 1st rounder.

...and he's proven he can compete at the NFL level.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-30-2018, 10:35 PM

It really is.. this guy is proven. Plus we get the 3rd.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-30-2018, 10:36 PM
...and he's proven he can compete at the NFL level.

Beat me to it

Reerun_KC
01-30-2018, 10:36 PM
A+

Smith gone

The “alex only” fans on there way out!

3rd + Fuller = fleeced

Mahomes era officially begins

Profit!

Shaid
01-30-2018, 10:37 PM
It really is.. this guy is proven. Plus we get the 3rd.

Exactly, you essentially just got back all the compensation you gave to get Mahomes.:drool:

Randallflagg
01-30-2018, 10:38 PM
I'm just GLAD to see the Mahomes era officially starting.....that, in and of itself, is the gravy with this Turkey dinner!!!

JENKINSWINS
01-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Oh how these grades are all so positive. Alex just got paid!

buddha
01-30-2018, 10:39 PM
1. Opened up a ton of cap space
2. Cleared the way for Patrick
3. Chiefs get a TERRIFIC young CB (have we cut shithead Gaines yet?)
4. Washington's 3rd round pick

I think KC made out really well, and they did so without fleecing Washington. The Skins get a proven QB with some tread left on the tires.

carcosa
01-30-2018, 10:40 PM

You are mentally ill

RippedmyFlesh
01-30-2018, 10:40 PM
We gave up 2 2nds and 5 that's 5 years later we get a 3rd and a young proven db.
5 years later folks 5 fricking years.

Why Not?
01-30-2018, 10:43 PM
Can someone cue up the GIF of Ralphie's dream when his paper gets graded?

BlackHelicopters
01-30-2018, 10:46 PM
Don’t care what we get for Smith. Just want him gone. A medium bottle Of Pibb Exxtra would be fine. Thanks to Rain.

Bufkin
01-30-2018, 10:46 PM
The trade itself is a slam dunk. It’ll look slightly less great after Mahomes busts hard, but even once you concede how freakishly overrated he is it’s still a solid trade.

rico
01-30-2018, 10:47 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/YoungRemarkableAgama-max-1mb.gif

TwistedChief
01-30-2018, 10:48 PM

Because that’s really relevant in grading the trade here you ****ing troll.

JENKINSWINS
01-30-2018, 10:51 PM
Because that’s really relevant in grading the trade here you ****ing troll.

According to some cutting him would’ve been an A+ and he wasn’t a QB that anyone would want to pay long term.

rydogg58
01-30-2018, 10:54 PM

What Alex makes is completely irrelevant to the Chiefs now. Which is why I gave this grade an A.

It would have been an A+ but dumbasses like you and Tigger weren't part of the trade.

Willie Lanier
01-30-2018, 11:02 PM
You are mentally ill

Just ignore it...

It's on it's period and just discovered that it's boo was traded and isn't being wept over by chiefs fans...

JENKINSWINS
01-30-2018, 11:06 PM
What Alex makes is completely irrelevant to the Chiefs now. Which is why I gave this grade an A.

It would have been an A+ but dumbasses like you and Tigger weren't part of the trade.

But him getting paid and finding a new team so quickly wasn’t even on the radar for most of these people with these A+ grades. It’s just really funny, that’s all.

hometeam
01-30-2018, 11:08 PM

shut the fuck up making the same post in every thread.

KChiefs1
01-30-2018, 11:26 PM
A+

Grand Slam trade!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2018, 11:29 PM
Redskins basically got a 5 year quarterback for an up and coming cornerback. They'll return that lost 3rd round pick when Cousins signs elsewhere.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2018, 11:29 PM
A+

Grand Slam trade!

No, it wasn't.

We could have gotten more but Veach didn't want to trade him to the division/conference.

Rasputin
01-30-2018, 11:32 PM
Works for me. Andy Reid was telling Veach to get Cream puffs in on the deal.

mnchiefsguy
01-30-2018, 11:35 PM
Fuller played like a 1st round draft pick last year.....so I grade it as the equivilant of getting a 1st and a 3rd.

We gave up 2 #2's to get Alex. Got five years, one playoff victory. Traded him for a player playing at a first round level and a 3rd round pick.

Veach made the Alex Smith trade free. Well done, Veach. Well done!

Reerun_KC
01-30-2018, 11:37 PM
It’s like we’ve won the offseason before it even started.

This mega deal might be the biggest all off season.

Willie Lanier
01-30-2018, 11:38 PM
No, it wasn't.

We could have gotten more but Veach didn't want to trade him to the division/conference.

I actually agree here to an extent, I felt we could have gotten more, but I over value draft picks to a fault, and the limited things I've seen regarding Fuller are promising, so at the end of the day I'm happy

Onward to a new era in chiefs kingdom

Ming the Merciless
01-30-2018, 11:38 PM

this

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2018, 11:42 PM
I actually agree here to an extent, I felt we could have gotten more, but I over value draft picks to a fault, and the limited things I've seen regarding Fuller are promising, so at the end of the day I'm happy

We just take a gamble on the knee injury he had from college.

mnchiefsguy
01-30-2018, 11:43 PM
No, it wasn't.

Bullshit, we don't know that.

There are reports that Fuller was the piece that edged out Washington over Cleveland.

Cleveland was probably offering a 2nd and a 4th, maybe even a 2nd and a 3rd.

Skins did not want to part with that many picks...so Veach asks for Fuller and a 2nd. They negotiate some and Veach walks out with a stud corner, 16 million in cap space, and a high third round pick.

BigRedChief
01-30-2018, 11:48 PM
Starting CB, $16 million in cap space and a 3rd? It’s nice to do the fucking instead of being the fuckee

Direckshun
01-31-2018, 12:05 AM
The Redskins just downgraded at QB, they will almost certainly downgrade at CB, and they have downgraded their 3rd this year for a lower 3rd next year.

ROFL BAH GAWD

Reerun_KC
01-31-2018, 12:06 AM
The Redskins just downgraded at QB, they will almost certainly downgrade at CB, and they have downgraded their 3rd this year for a lower 3rd next year.

ROFL BAH GAWD

Redskins fans are livid. It’s hysterical

mschiefs1984
01-31-2018, 12:11 AM
A+ for me

Getting a pick cap room and a starter in return for a QB that wasn't going to be back how can you give it anything less

THE MAHOMES ERA IS HERE

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 12:13 AM
CP was livid was the Smith trade. Went from 2-14 to a team with the most prime time games. Keep up old man.

penchief
01-31-2018, 12:15 AM
We just take a gamble on the knee injury he had from college.

Stop saying, "We."

You're an Alex Smith fan, not a chiefs fan.

You prove it with every passive-aggressive comment you make.

DRM08
01-31-2018, 12:15 AM
CP was livid was the Smith trade. Went from 2-14 to a team with the most prime time games. Keep up old man.

You should post that stat on the Redskins forum. Sounds like they need some help calming down.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2018, 12:17 AM
That's a really good deal. LOL the f****** Redskins.

wazu
01-31-2018, 12:36 AM
The more I read about this guy, the more I think my A- should be changed to an A+.

Easy 6
01-31-2018, 01:23 AM
Bullshit, we don't know that.

There are reports that Fuller was the piece that edged out Washington over Cleveland.

Cleveland was probably offering a 2nd and a 4th, maybe even a 2nd and a 3rd.

Skins did not want to part with that many picks...so Veach asks for Fuller and a 2nd. They negotiate some and Veach walks out with a stud corner, 16 million in cap space, and a high third round pick.

You're winning, dont stop now...

bigjosh
01-31-2018, 01:30 AM

How would you know if you were not a member of the board until 8 months after the trade?

Mods, Tiger just admitted to being a mult! Shit can his ass!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 01:31 AM
Because this isn't a public forum. Jesus Christ you smell and talk like Clay

bigjosh
01-31-2018, 01:51 AM
Because this isn't a public forum. Jesus Christ you smell and talk like Clay

The only trait I have in common with clay is a general disdain for you, and your favorite quarterback.

New World Order
01-31-2018, 01:53 AM
Tiger gave it an F LMAO

New World Order
01-31-2018, 01:53 AM
How would you know if you were not a member of the board until 8 months after the trade?

Mods, Tiger just admitted to being a mult! Shit can his ass!

Shit can his ass! Shit can his ass! Shit can his ass!

01-31-2018, 01:54 AM
Tiger gave it an F LMAO

No, he didn't. The poll is public.

MMXcalibur
01-31-2018, 01:55 AM

ROFL BAH GAWD

It boggles the mind in figuring out just what the fuck did Redskins front office was thinking.

TEX
01-31-2018, 04:32 AM
It boggles the mind in figuring out just what the **** did Redskins front office was thinking.

They were thinking that they were not gonna pay Cousins to be the highest paid QB in the league, which is what it would have taken to keep him in Washington. They now have a QB to bridge the gap in Smith, who they can win with, while they draft their QBOTF. Makes sense for them.

TEX
01-31-2018, 04:42 AM

I agree. Picks are nice, but Id rather have a sure thing. The Chiefs got a very good, very young CB who can start. No guess work there. For that guarantee, perhaps they were willing to take less picks or a 3rd istead of something higher.

SuperBowl4
01-31-2018, 05:59 AM
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner:D

oldman
01-31-2018, 06:33 AM
If this trade comes as promised, solid A. I still find the timing a little suspect and Smith's reworked contract details already leaked odd. I don't ever remember something like this happening before. I just hope we didn't violate any obscure rule. That's all we need.

redfan
01-31-2018, 07:26 AM
B, shoulda got at least a second rounder.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2018, 07:26 AM
NWO proves once again how big of a dumbass he is

stumppy
01-31-2018, 07:29 AM
I predicted the Chiefs would get a 1st and 3rd for Smith. I think this comes pretty damn close to that.

Dayze
01-31-2018, 07:45 AM
A

thank god the game manager is gone.

Enjoy your 8+ man defensive boxes Washington.

KChiefs1
01-31-2018, 07:51 AM

You need to go calm down the Redskin fans.

B_Ambuehl
01-31-2018, 08:51 AM
There's a lot of revisionist history here. Just a few days ago most around here thought you'll had a legit shot at a first rounder for Alex. Now you'll are satisfied with a 3rd rounder and slot corner? You gave up two 2nds for Alex and he proceeded to lead the league in passer rating and all you get back is 1 third? And there's a reason the corner isn't playing outside.

Hate to say it, but it appears to me Washington got the better end of this trade by far.

Priest31kc
01-31-2018, 08:59 AM
There's a lot of revisionist history here. Just a few days ago most around here thought you'll had a legit shot at a first rounder for Alex. Now you'll are satisfied with a 3rd rounder and slot corner? You gave up two 2nds for Alex and he proceeded to lead the league in passer rating and all you get back is 1 third? And there's a reason the corner isn't playing outside.

Hate to say it, but it appears to me Washington got the better end of this trade by far.

ROFLROFLROFL

OmahaChief
01-31-2018, 09:01 AM
A+ from me.

1. Get a starting CB in Fuller that is better than any Chiefs CB not named Peters
2. Start the Mahomes Era and see what we have got
3. Get Alex the hell out of town
4. Free up Cap space to improve defense

dlphg9
01-31-2018, 09:02 AM

Trolololololol

BigRedChief
01-31-2018, 09:03 AM
If this trade comes as promised, solid A. I still find the timing a little suspect and Smith's reworked contract details already leaked odd. I don't ever remember something like this happening before. I just hope we didn't violate any obscure rule. That's all we need.We have been over this. If both teams are out of the playoffs and agree, its legal to talk new contract with the other teams player as part of a sign and trade deal.

Its different from baseball.

BigRedChief
01-31-2018, 09:05 AM

Hate to say it, but it appears to me Washington got the better end of this trade by far.ROFL Go read the Redskins fans thoughts on the trade.

kcxiv
01-31-2018, 09:08 AM
Redskins fans arent stupid, they hate the fucking trade and i applaud them for being informed fans. They got completely fucked!

stumppy
01-31-2018, 09:12 AM

ROFL

Are you kidding? JFC, we got , who many Skins fans think was their best defensive player. If not the best he was certainly an up and coming player who was in the top 3.

I hope you're just trolling.

Best22
01-31-2018, 09:16 AM

Essentially, Alex Smith was worth nothing to the Chiefs in 2018.

So getting a starting cornerback and a high 3rd round pick ('Skins went 8-8) is gravy

ChiliConCarnage
01-31-2018, 09:17 AM
A-

I think it's a good trade. I sorta feel like we might have got more if we hadn't taken care of him. I liked Alex and he played pretty well this year. I have no idea what the Skins are doing though. I think he would have made more sense for the Jags, Cardinals, or even Browns. I doubt those teams were offering 70 mill guaranteed though

DaWolf
01-31-2018, 09:36 AM
A-

I think it's a good trade. I sorta feel like we might have got more if we hadn't taken care of him. I liked Alex and he played pretty well this year. I have no idea what the Skins are doing though. I think he would have made more sense for the Jags, Cardinals, or even Browns. I doubt those teams were offering 70 mill guaranteed though

From what I've read Smith likely scuttled any deal to the Browns by not agreeing to a contract extension. So he had some level of power in this process...

oldman
01-31-2018, 10:00 AM
We have been over this. If both teams are out of the playoffs and agree, its legal to talk new contract with the other teams player as part of a sign and trade deal.

Its different from baseball.

I found the whole part of "league year" a little confusing. Since Smith wasn't a FA, I guess that's not a problem. I was hoping for a 2nd, but a starting CB and an upper mid-round 3rd is better than I had hoped for. Plus, we gain about $16M in cap space. I do understand that's not all free money to spend on FAs, but I'm OK with that.

FloridaMan88
01-31-2018, 10:01 AM
Home run trade in so many ways.

3rd round draft + a stud CB + $17 million in salary cap relief + eliminating drama that would have built the longer Alex Smith remained on the roster as the offseason got underway.

Credit to Veach.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2018, 10:01 AM
An absolute and complete raping of the dumbest front office in American sports.

Signed,

Brett Veach, Baller Ass GM

The Franchise
01-31-2018, 10:03 AM
Home run trade in so many ways.

3rd round draft + a stud CB + $17 million in salary cap relief + eliminating drama that would have built the longer Alex Smith remained on the roster as the offseason got underway.

Credit to Veach.

This.

I would take Fuller and a 3rd over one of the Browns picks at the bottom of the 2nd round.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2018, 10:03 AM
I legit cannot remember the Chiefs EVER fleecing someone like this in a trade.

The Franchise
01-31-2018, 10:06 AM
Redskins basically got a 5 year quarterback for an up and coming cornerback. They'll return that lost 3rd round pick when Cousins signs elsewhere.

They're only getting that 3rd round comp pick if they stay out of FA and don't go after anyone big.

Pablo
01-31-2018, 10:10 AM
A- is my gut reaction grade, toggled between that an A. Still awesome.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-31-2018, 10:17 AM

Butt fucking moron

Pasta Little Brioni
01-31-2018, 10:19 AM
I legit cannot remember the Chiefs EVER fleecing someone like this in a trade.

Bent Buffalo over good acquiring Patrick. A new era begins....

DRM08
01-31-2018, 10:30 AM
Just look at Redskin fan and media response. They are not very happy, so I’m going with “A+” for the Chiefs. Added $16m of cap space, got a young stud defender on a cheap rookie deal, and got a 3rd round pick.

siberian khatru
01-31-2018, 10:39 AM
I went A only because I'm a tough grader -- a second-round pick would've earned it an A+.

But don't mistake that for dissatisfaction. I love the deal.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2018, 11:21 AM
I went A only because I'm a tough grader -- a second-round pick would've earned it an A+.

But don't mistake that for dissatisfaction. I love the deal.

I expected the Chiefs to get no less than a 2nd and a 5th for Smith.

This deal, IMO, is better.

There's inherent risk when drafting players but Veach got around that by picking up an extra 3rd round pick AND a proven NFL CB that can play inside and outside, with tremendous upside.

Now, Veach has some ammo to move up in the 2nd or 3rd round if he targets a player or the ammo to add more bodies on the defense.

It was an awesome trade and in many ways, unexpected. To think that Veach could acquire a talent like Reggie Ragland for a 2019 4th round pick and Kyle Fuller as a thrown in for Alex Smith is fairly mind-blowing.

Veach gets it.

siberian khatru
01-31-2018, 11:32 AM
I expected the Chiefs to get no less than a 2nd and a 5th for Smith.

This deal, IMO, is better.

There's inherent risk when drafting players but Veach got around that by picking up an extra 3rd round pick AND a proven NFL CB that can play inside and outside, with tremendous upside.

Now, Veach has some ammo to move up in the 2nd or 3rd round if he targets a player or the ammo to add more bodies on the defense.

It was an awesome trade and in many ways, unexpected. To think that Veach could acquire a talent like Reggie Ragland for a 2019 4th round pick and Kyle Fuller as a thrown in for Alex Smith is fairly mind-blowing.

Veach gets it.

When I say I'd prefer a second, I mean instead of the third, not instead of Fuller. So Fuller and a 2nd would get an A+; Fuller and a 3rd gets an A. It's really slicing it thin; in no way is the trade an "oh, well" or "damn, we could've done better." It's simply the "+" leaving room for the possibility of slightly more.

And yes, this deal is better than a 2nd and a 5th. It's first-round talent and a third-round pick. I like to think of Fuller as basically being our missing No. 1 in 2018.