PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs All the ways this trade helps

stumppy
01-31-2018, 11:11 AM
It's hard to count how many ways this trade will help the Chiefs but let's try.

Alex Smith : GONE
17 million in cap space
A top notch starting slot CB
Fixing a major hole in the defense
CB still on his rookie deal
Not needing to draft a starting CB
A 3 rd draft pick
Not having to watch Houston drop back in coverage (Hopefully)

What else am I missing.

This is one of the best moves I've ever seen the Chiefs make.

DRM08
01-31-2018, 11:13 AM
Avoid wasting the advantage of Mahomes’ cheap rookie deal. Give him some real experience in 2018 and hope that he really takes flight in 2019-2020.

KCrockaholic
01-31-2018, 11:21 AM
Best is no longer having to worry about the possibility of Andy fumbling the ball on Mahomes and making him sit 1 more year behind Alex. Mahomes soaked up a ton of knowledge, and now the best way for him to learn and adjust to by actual game play.

stumppy
01-31-2018, 11:23 AM
And if they spend that 3rd round pick on the right player this could go down as the best trade ever for the Chiefs.

Easy 6
01-31-2018, 11:29 AM
Coming up empty trying to think of ways this could've been any better

Yeah we all wanted a 2nd, but getting Fuller more than makes up for it

The Franchise
01-31-2018, 11:30 AM

A 2nd AND Fuller would have caused the #MeToo movement to start looking into the Chiefs.

Ming the Merciless
01-31-2018, 11:31 AM
And if they spend that 3rd round pick on the right player this could go down as the best trade ever for the Chiefs.

if they somehow hit the jackpot on that 3rd round pick i will think that perhaps i am in the spirit world and this is what heaven feels like

ModSocks
01-31-2018, 11:31 AM
The Chiefs have made an absolute killing on 3rd round picks. Anxiously awaiting our next 3rd round pro bowler.

Easy 6
01-31-2018, 11:33 AM
A 2nd AND Fuller would have caused the #MeToo movement to start looking into the Chiefs.

Do you think he'll be our starter opposite Peters, or do they keep him in the slot?

Coach
01-31-2018, 11:34 AM
Do you think he'll be our starter opposite Peters, or do they keep him in the slot?

Hard to tell. I would anticipate he will be the NB.

stumppy
01-31-2018, 11:34 AM

Unless they pick someone up in free agency there's no way he isn't our starter.

Just look at his competition.

oldman
01-31-2018, 11:36 AM

If they keep him in the slot, what do you do with Nelson? Move him to safety?

Best22
01-31-2018, 11:36 AM
Houston will still drop in coverage

He was doing it when we had Peters and Sean Smith in 2015

OLB dropping in coverage isn't unusual (but Such ton does it ore jan most).

LeBeau did it a lot

Sassy Squatch
01-31-2018, 11:37 AM
Sit his dumb ass down on the bench until he learns to stop fucking holding in critical situations.

tmax63
01-31-2018, 11:37 AM
I know it can't happen but what about a secondary that had Peters and Fuller as CB, talk Revis into being a safety next to Berry and a healthy Nelson to be NB.

Easy 6
01-31-2018, 11:40 AM
Hard to tell. I would anticipate he will be the NB.

Unless they pick someone up in free agency there's no way he isn't our starter.

Just look at his competition.

It certainly raises some interesting questions

Sooo excited right now... the draft, OTAs and camp cant get here soon enough

Red Dawg
01-31-2018, 11:42 AM
It's a home run. Puts Mahomes on the field, cap space and gives us another fine CB. There is zero downside.

stumppy
01-31-2018, 11:42 AM

Yea, I might be jumping the gun about him starting opposite Peters. In my defense I'm so happy right now you couldn't slap the smile off my face.:D

Fire Me Boy!
01-31-2018, 11:43 AM
It's hard to count how many ways this trade will help the Chiefs but let's try.

Alex Smith : GONE
17 million in cap space
A top notch starting slot CB
Fixing a major hole in the defense
CB still on his rookie deal
Not needing to draft a starting CB
A 3 rd draft pick
Not having to watch Houston drop back in coverage (Hopefully)

What else am I missing.

This is one of the best moves I've ever seen the Chiefs make.

When did we fire Sutton?

Coach
01-31-2018, 11:43 AM

Well, one way or another, the Chiefs addressed one of the weaknesses on defense, while shedding $16-$17 million of salary and obtaining a 3rd.

I'd say they're off in the right path in terms of the FA/Trade/Off-season.

chiefzilla1501
01-31-2018, 11:44 AM

I think it's fair to say fuller is equal but probably BETTER than a 2nd round pick. Cheaper and a known commodity. Then we added a 3rd round pick!

loochy
01-31-2018, 11:45 AM
(but Such ton does it ore jan most).

Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-31-2018, 11:45 AM

So fuller was drafted 3rd round but has outplayed that spot so can we say we got a 2nd rder with him ?? Position of need and young.

stumppy
01-31-2018, 11:46 AM
I'm also wondering exactly who we'll get rid of.
If they were thinking CB in the draft then we not only saved that pick but got an additional one. How high of a pick were they going to spend on a CB? The 2cnd? That in itself can pay major dividends by picking another, hopefully starting, player.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-31-2018, 11:46 AM
Potentially...Alex for FOUR starters. Upgrade at QB to boot. Chiefs are fucking dangerous.

stumppy
01-31-2018, 11:48 AM
When did we fire Sutton?

I know. If we're stuck with that SOB then the only way to deal with it is make sure we have the players to overcome his shortcomings.

Kiimo
01-31-2018, 11:50 AM
I'm leaning towards preferring to have Sutton to guide Fuller into the defense at least one more year.

I'd hate to have our new corner learning at the same time as his defensive coordinator is. I think that might be a contributing factor.

We all hate the lack of blitz stunts and seeing Houston in coverage but with Ford in a contract year and Berry back and now Fuller we will have at least an average defense. That's more than Mahomes ever had in college.

Sassy Squatch
01-31-2018, 11:52 AM
When did we fire Sutton?
I mean, Sutton is probably the best DC Fuller could play under for what he's proven to be good at. Utilizes so much nickel and dime it's unreal.

Coach
01-31-2018, 11:54 AM
I mean, Sutton is probably the best DC Fuller could play under for what he's proven to be good at. Utilizes so much nickel and dime it's unreal.

Which is why I don't think it matters if Fuller is either the outside opposite CB of Peters or a NB, considering you mentioned he utilizes so much Nickel and Dime.

One way or another, Fuller is going to get a shit-ton of playing time.

Easy 6
01-31-2018, 11:59 AM
Yea, I might be jumping the gun about him starting opposite Peters. In my defense I'm so happy right now you couldn't slap the smile off my face.:D

Well, one way or another, the Chiefs addressed one of the weaknesses on defense, while shedding $16-$17 million of salary and obtaining a 3rd.

I'd say they're off in the right path in terms of the FA/Trade/Off-season.

I think it's fair to say fuller is equal but probably BETTER than a 2nd round pick. Cheaper and a known commodity. Then we added a 3rd round pick!

So fuller was drafted 3rd round but has outplayed that spot so can we say we got a 2nd rder with him ?? Position of need and young.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o_KTbzj0pNM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eleazar
01-31-2018, 12:00 PM
Improving the roster and adding draft picks also progressively removes more excuses for Reid's next postseason failure. :fire: :shrug:

stumppy
01-31-2018, 03:55 PM
As someone posted in another thread. Denver now has a starting CB who just found out they were trying to trade him to a division rival.
This is the trade will keep on giving.
And Dungver now has to overpay for an average QB.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2018, 03:56 PM
Having Fuller as a cheap #2 CB is going to free up more money to spend on OLB and NT, too. Shit, we can probably afford to upgrade at G if need be.

DILLY FUCKING DILLY YALL

HOMER CLAY RISES

stumppy
01-31-2018, 04:00 PM
Having Fuller as a cheap #2 CB is going to free up more money to spend on OLB and NT, too. Shit, we can probably afford to upgrade at G if need be.

DILLY FUCKING DILLY YALL

HOMER CLAY RISES

Yup, having him and several of our best players still on rookie contracts will pay dividends for a few more years.

ChiefsCountry
01-31-2018, 04:03 PM
Getting rid of the Alexuals is best part of this.

TambaBerry
01-31-2018, 04:04 PM
Those with PFF what was Nelson's grade in the slot?

mschiefs1984
01-31-2018, 04:11 PM
Got a starter at a position of need
A draft pick
Cap space

for a player you were never going to keep that's amazing

saphojunkie
01-31-2018, 04:34 PM

DILLY FUCKING DILLY YALL

HOMER CLAY RISES

GET RID OF THAT FUCKING AVATAR

Hammock Parties
01-31-2018, 04:43 PM
GET RID OF THAT FUCKING AVATAR

It's there til Feb. 26. Gotta serve out the terms of my bet with JJChieffan.

JENKINSWINS
01-31-2018, 05:13 PM
Best part is how the defense can improve with the addition of Fuller and cap money to spend to help it out even more. The defense really needed this.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2018, 05:15 PM
Best part is how the defense can improve with the addition of Fuller and cap money to spend to help it out even more. The defense really needed this.

Please change your avatar to reflect the reality of the KC Chiefs QB.

jdubya
01-31-2018, 06:07 PM
The AFC West is having a ripper offseason. Raiders get Gruden and a very veteran coaching staff, Broncs looking like they will get Cousins and of course Chiefs get Fuller and will set Mahomes loose. All of these moves have potential boom/bust results but it makes 2018 look like the makings of a thriller season ahead. I havent been this excited in an offseason for as long as I can remember.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-31-2018, 06:25 PM
Cousins blows

RINGLEADER
01-31-2018, 06:35 PM

3rd + Fuller > 2nd

In my head Fuller is our first round pick this year.

RINGLEADER
01-31-2018, 06:37 PM

Defense will be better if Veitch can pull off:

- Stud free-agent opposite Houston
- A fat body to stop the rub in the middle
- Getting Berry back
- Another year for Jones

We’re closer than it may seem...

MMXcalibur
01-31-2018, 06:46 PM
CB1: Peters
CB2: Gaines
NB: Fuller

Hydrae
01-31-2018, 08:19 PM
Puts us in a position to replace Peters after this year? :shrug:

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer we keep him but it is one possibility if he keeps being a screw up.

JakeF
01-31-2018, 09:12 PM
Yea, a 2nd round pick would have put it over the top.

JakeF
01-31-2018, 09:13 PM
CB1: Peters
CB2: Gaines
NB: Fuller
Gaines sucks, they better not plan on him being a starter. I don't even want him on the roster.

Pablo
01-31-2018, 09:20 PM
It's there til Feb. 26. Gotta serve out the terms of my bet with JJChieffan.

So the guy that thinks the Earth is 600 years old clearly isn't the best with dates. Drop it early and tell him it's been up for two years.

Pablo
01-31-2018, 09:21 PM
This trade is making me jizz uncontrollably. Wife might get pregnant if we keep washing our underwear together.

Chiefshrink
01-31-2018, 09:35 PM
Gaines sucks, they better not plan on him being a starter. I don't even want him on the roster.

Agreed. If a stud pass rusher or LB is not setting there with our 2nd pick but a very solid CB is, I say go CB. As the ol saying goes you can never have enough good 2ndary guys because this is a passing league.

Reerun_KC
01-31-2018, 09:41 PM
This trade is making me jizz uncontrollably. Wife might get pregnant if we keep washing our underwear together.

Worthless without pics of wife.

Buns
01-31-2018, 10:08 PM
Getting rid of the Alexuals is best part of this.

This right here y'all.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2018, 10:23 PM

Nope. I shat on the Tiger bet because he's a cunt.

Likewise, a true Chiefs fan deserves to have their bet paid off in full.

Even if they are a fucking dumbass.

Rasputin
02-01-2018, 06:56 AM
Nope. I shat on the Tiger bet because he's a cunt.

Likewise, a true Chiefs fan deserves to have their bet paid off in full.

Even if they are a fucking dumbass.

Nobody cares about Tiger Uppercunt.