PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Offseason Planet Evaluation: Akeem Hunt

Rain Man
02-03-2018, 05:32 PM
On a team loaded with Hunts, how do you feel about Akeem?

In 2017, Akeem gained 23 yards rushing at 2.9 yards per carry, and he added 31 yards receiving at 7.8 yards per reception. He did not fumble or score.

Additionally, he produced 611 yards on kickoff returns, averaging 24.4 yards per return.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
02-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Mashed potatoes are for children

BlackHelicopters
02-03-2018, 05:40 PM
Running backwards is not what we need. Bye.

Rain Man
02-03-2018, 05:42 PM

Lucky children, maybe. Mashed potatoes with butter are awesome.

Bowser
02-03-2018, 05:44 PM

https://i.imgur.com/gptcPz5.gif

oldman
02-04-2018, 08:47 AM
C-, slightly worse, off the team, stable (can't get much worse), Pibb. About the only value he had was as a returner and that was questionable. As long as CJ is out there, we don't need him to be taking a roster spot. Baked, of course. I'm not a heathen.

Hoover
02-04-2018, 08:56 AM
See ya Akeem.

I would rather the Chiefs find some Young kid to develop than sink money into a 4th RB.

stumppy
02-04-2018, 09:15 AM
The data is corrupted. Drinking my 1st coffee of the morning and voted the wrong Hunt.

Easy 6
02-04-2018, 09:21 AM
C-, slightly worse, off the team, stable (can't get much worse), Pibb. About the only value he had was as a returner and that was questionable. As long as CJ is out there, we don't need him to be taking a roster spot. Baked, of course. I'm not a heathen.

Just mark me down for all of this, RainMan

He doesnt have a standout quality that I can think of

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2018, 12:10 PM
I don't know what the fuck you guys were watching but Akeem Hunt was very, very good as a kick off returner and played pretty well when given the chance at running back later in the year, after he'd learned the system.

4 carries for 25 yards and a reception against Denver. It's hard to ask much more than a 6.1 ypc average.

The guy has speed and elusiveness and penciling him in on the 53 in 2018 negates the need to find another returner, as Hill (and DAT, who's a goner) won't be returning kicks and Demarcus Robinson is garbage.

Akeem Hunt's versatility also allows the Chiefs to carry just three running backs and a fullback, which frees up a spot on the roster for depth.

25 returns for 611 yards on an otherwise disappointing Special Teams this season is nothing to sneeze at.

Rain Man
02-04-2018, 03:15 PM
I don't know what the **** you guys were watching but Akeem Hunt was very, very good as a kick off returner and played pretty well when given the chance at running back later in the year, after he'd learned the system.

4 carries for 25 yards and a reception against Denver. It's hard to ask much more than a 6.1 ypc average.

The guy has speed and elusiveness and penciling him in on the 53 in 2018 negates the need to find another returner, as Hill (and DAT, who's a goner) won't be returning kicks and Demarcus Robinson is garbage.

Akeem Hunt's versatility also allows the Chiefs to carry just three running backs and a fullback, which frees up a spot on the roster for depth.

25 returns for 611 yards on an otherwise disappointing Special Teams this season is nothing to sneeze at.

I can kind of get behind this. I feel like Akeem brings speed to the table and while I don't think he's star material, I feel like he can be a meaningful contributor as a fourth back or so.

Easy 6
02-04-2018, 03:20 PM
Yeah, Dane is probably right here... I'm willing to reassess my position

Hunt is certainly a better #3 than West IMO

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2018, 03:41 PM
I can kind of get behind this. I feel like Akeem brings speed to the table and while I don't think he's star material, I feel like he can be a meaningful contributor as a fourth back or so.

And the bummer thing is that Akeem was off to a great start in Denver but broke his ankle, landing him on IR for the Titans game.

While it was really fun to see Sherman at running back in a meaningless game (and he did play well), Akeem would have certainly been welcome against the Titans as a kick returner and special teamer.

Man, this team just ended up with too many guys on IR this year.

Why hasn't the Strength & Conditioning Coach been replaced?

Rain Man
02-04-2018, 03:43 PM
And the bummer thing is that Akeem was off to a great start in Denver but broke his ankle, landing him on IR for the Titans game.

While it was really fun to see Sherman at running back in a meaningless game (and he did play well), Akeem would have certainly been welcome against the Titans as a kick returner and special teamer.

Man, this team just ended up with too many guys on IR this year.

Why hasn't the Strength & Conditioning Coach been replaced?

And when will they finally get smart and hire an Achilles Tendon conditioning coach? Invest $100k in that position and we'd be playing today.

Rasputin
02-04-2018, 04:24 PM
I think with confidence he can make strides next year if he has good off-season I think he will make a leap but he is also expendable if not.

Rain Man
02-05-2018, 12:06 PM
Akeem got about the 2.0 line, despite a slightly disappointing performance and a desire to minimize his role going forward.

2.06 Grade (4.0 point scale)
-0.09 Performance Relative to Expectations (+ = Positive Surprise, - = Negative Surprise)
-0.83 Desired Future Role (+ is larger role, - is smaller role)
0.22 Ascending/Descending (+ is ascending, - is descending)
5.26 Trade Value (Round, also, zero = 2 1st rounders, negative = wouldn't trade)