PDA

View Full Version : Football Colts LB Edwin Jackson killed in Car Accident

LiL stumppy
02-04-2018, 06:37 PM
- per ESPN

Valiant
02-04-2018, 06:46 PM
Yeah, reading that was tragic. He did what you were supposed to and called ride sharing.

ping2000
02-04-2018, 07:39 PM
Fuck drunk drivers.

Coochie liquor
02-04-2018, 09:24 PM
So sad

Rain Man
02-04-2018, 09:29 PM
Interesting twist on the story.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914139/article/edwin-jackson-dies-after-being-hit-by-suspected-drunken-driver

Police identified the other man killed as Jeffrey Monroe, 54. Based on their initial investigation, police believe Monroe, a ride-sharing operator, stopped his 2018 Lincoln on the side of the road after Jackson, his passenger, became ill.

So I'm guessing that Jackson was drinking heavily, got a ride (good for him), and then threw up in the car. Driver pulls off the road to see what's going on and a drunk driver plows into them.

I'm starting to think that Vince Lombardi or whoever was right: nothing good happens after midnight.

Munson
02-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Looks like the drunk driver was an illegal alien.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dartgod
02-05-2018, 09:16 AM

http://www.madaboutmemes.com/uploads/memes/61.png

BleedingRed
02-05-2018, 09:16 AM

Time to build the wall...........

BleedingRed
02-05-2018, 09:17 AM
http://www.madaboutmemes.com/uploads/memes/61.png

Mr. Cabrera Gonsales didn’t have a driver’s license, tried to flee the scene of the accident and had a blood-alcohol level of at least .15 (nearly twice the legal limit), authorities said.

The booking document, which specifies that Mr. Cabrera Gonsales has a detainer request on him, does not say whether was in the U.S. illegally or as a legal permanent resident who can still be deported for a serious crime.

KCrockaholic
02-05-2018, 09:22 AM
Interesting twist on the story.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914139/article/edwin-jackson-dies-after-being-hit-by-suspected-drunken-driver

Police identified the other man killed as Jeffrey Monroe, 54. Based on their initial investigation, police believe Monroe, a ride-sharing operator, stopped his 2018 Lincoln on the side of the road after Jackson, his passenger, became ill.

So I'm guessing that Jackson was drinking heavily, got a ride (good for him), and then threw up in the car. Driver pulls off the road to see what's going on and a drunk driver plows into them.

I'm starting to think that Vince Lombardi or whoever was right: nothing good happens after midnight.

Well that's just sad. I hate seeing people who tried to do the right thing end up becoming a victim due to someone else being careless.

Chief Roundup
02-05-2018, 09:27 AM
Time to build the wall...........

Time to make alcohol illegal.......

BleedingRed
02-05-2018, 09:48 AM
Time to make alcohol illegal.......

Well, one thing is already illegal.................

Munson
02-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Also, he has been deported twice before.

Build the wall.

Prison Bitch
02-05-2018, 12:30 PM
So an illegal alien killed an innocent American?

That should make everyone furious

Al Bundy
02-05-2018, 12:33 PM

I'm just as mad as I am at the white american born citizen that was driving drunk and killed my girlfriend in 1996.

ThaVirus
02-05-2018, 12:42 PM

His citizenship status makes no difference, really.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-05-2018, 02:42 PM

Yeah, Americans never drive drunk or kill anybody. This is an outrage!

Prison Bitch
02-05-2018, 02:53 PM
His citizenship status makes no difference, really.

It does, really.

Sassy Squatch
02-05-2018, 02:57 PM
It does, really.
No. The fact that he was an illegal alien has literally nothing to do with why those 2 men were killed.

Otter
02-05-2018, 02:58 PM
His citizenship status makes no difference, really. Yes, it does make a difference. He was here illegally and this could have been prevented if our government would enforce immigration laws to prevent these parasites from breaking into and allowing them to stay in our country.</br></br>The difference is this could have been prevented by enforcing the law way down the road before he killed someone.</br></br>Sorry for doing my part to send this off to DC.

ThaVirus
02-05-2018, 03:15 PM
He was here illegally and this could have been prevented if our government would enforce immigration laws to prevent these parasites from breaking into and allowing them to stay in our country

Dose not already do that?

Mama Hip Rockets
02-05-2018, 03:47 PM
I'm having a hard time following the "illegal alien" narrative here.

Here are some statistics from Mothers Against Drunk Driving:

Each day, people drive drunk more than 300,000 times, but only about 3200 are arrested.

Every day about 800 people are injured in a drunk driving crash.

Drunk driving costs each adult in the united states over $500 per year.

An average drunk driver has driven drunk over 80 times before first arrest.

In 2016, 10,497 people died in drunk driving crashes – one every 50 minutes – and 290,000 were injured in drunk driving crashes.

50 to 75 percent of convicted drunk drivers continue to drive on a suspended license.

About a quarter of car crashes with teens involve an underage drinking driver. Ninety-five percent of the 14 million people who are alcohol dependent began drinking before the legal age of 21.

Drunk driving costs the United States $132 billion a year.

On average, two in three people will be involved in a drunk driving crash in their lifetime.

Every day in America, another 29 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes. That’s one person every 50 minutes.

https://www.madd.org/statistics/

Maybe, if we're truly worried about laws, instead of being so adamant that one "illegal alien" is the issue here, we should acknowledge that alcohol abuse and drunk driving are the root issue. I'm a lot more concerned with law enforcement cracking down and enforcing drunk driving laws (and enacting some harsher penalties) than one random guy that happens to be "illegal."

Sassy Squatch
02-05-2018, 03:48 PM

Each day, people drive drunk more than 300,000 times, but only about 3200 are arrested.

In 2016, 10,497 people died in drunk driving crashes – one every 50 minutes – and 290,000 were injured in drunk driving crashes.

50 to 75 percent of convicted drunk drivers continue to drive on a suspended license.

About a quarter of car crashes with teens involve an underage drinking driver. Ninety-five percent of the 14 million people who are alcohol dependent began drinking before the legal age of 21.

On average, two in three people will be involved in a drunk driving crash in their lifetime.

Every day in America, another 29 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes. That’s one person every 50 minutes.

Maybe, if we're truly worried about laws, instead of being so adamant that one "illegal alien" is the issue here, we should acknowledge that alcohol abuse and drunk driving are the root issue. I'm a lot more concerned with law enforcement cracking down and enforcing drunk driving laws (and enacting some harsher penalties) than one random guy that happens to be "illegal."
But muh borders.

Chief Roundup
02-05-2018, 04:21 PM
But muh borders.

That the Mexicans will pay for that will do no good.

Prison Bitch
02-05-2018, 05:27 PM

"If we can save even ONE life....."

Eleazar
02-05-2018, 06:28 PM
No. The fact that he was an illegal alien has literally nothing to do with why those 2 men were killed.

Sure it does... he never should have been here.