PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Offseason Planet Evaluation: Tyreek Hill

Rain Man
02-05-2018, 12:11 PM
What do we think about the NFL's fastest man this year? How did he do in his new role?

Tyreek played in 15 games this season, making 13 starts. He recorded 75 receptions for 1,183 yards and 7 TDs, averaging 15.8 yards per catch. He add 59 yards rushing at 3.5 yards per catch. He had 2 fumbles this year.

Additionally, he returned 25 punts for 204 yards and 1 TD, averaging 8.2 yard per return.

Rasputin
02-05-2018, 12:13 PM
NB4 Poll

Rasputin
02-05-2018, 12:16 PM
He should be averaging double digit touchdown's a year. I bet he does with Patrick Mahomes II next five to seven years

Easy 6
02-05-2018, 12:20 PM
A+

Slightly exceeded

Much larger role

Ascending

Wouldnt trade

Rough Rider

Rain Man
02-05-2018, 12:22 PM
Tyreek may be the least tradeable person on the roster, in my opinion. The only one who is less tradeable is Mahomes, and that's speculative. Tyreek is unique.

bigjosh
02-05-2018, 12:24 PM
A+, he exceeded my expectations slightly. A second year WR having a season like this with Alex Smith is pretty telling of his ability. Slightly larger role, he got a lot of touches. A few more would be good. I may trade him for two 1st rounders.

I will not pick between the two presidents most responsible for selling our country to the banking cartel.

ThaVirus
02-05-2018, 12:29 PM
He's fucking awesome. Explosive, talented, durable, makes everyone around him better, not a me-first guy, appears to have turned his life around off the field and, most importantly, seems to be getting better.

You couldn't ask for any more from a player.

ModSocks
02-05-2018, 12:30 PM
With his size and speed combo he'd be an ideal ILB in Sutton's scheme. I'd keep him and hope he keeps improving. I view him as DJ's replacement.

New World Order
02-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Best deep ball threat since Randy Moss.

ThaVirus
02-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Tyreek may be the least tradeable person on the roster, in my opinion. The only one who is less tradeable is Mahomes, and that's speculative. Tyreek is unique.

I wouldn't trade Tyreek, Mahomes or Peters. Everyone else is fair game.

Rain Man
02-05-2018, 12:41 PM
To me, the big question was whether he could be a wide receiver in the regular offense. He not only answered that question, but he showed that he's a legitimate #1 receiver. The sky is the limit for Tyreek, and he's just strapped himself aboard the Rocket Ship Mahomes. Talk about a perfect pairing; I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Rain Man
02-05-2018, 12:42 PM

Maybe Berry too, just to keep Peters in line. But overall I agree.

ThaVirus
02-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Maybe Berry too, just to keep Peters in line. But overall I agree.

Berry is a bit too old and oft-injured not to entertain trading off, IMO. If someone called offering a 1st rounder I think I'd take it. We're likely a couple years out from Mahomes being able to compete deep in the postseason. By that time Berry will be 31-32.

Rasputin
02-05-2018, 01:38 PM
He didn't exceed my expectations but I blame the quarterback holding him back from his full potential this season. Next season I have higher expectations.

BlackHelicopters
02-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Oh no!

Rain Man
02-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Oh no!

FDR fan?

notorious
02-05-2018, 03:16 PM

For 2 firsts each I would help them pack.

Except Mahomes. He's untouchable right now.

ThaVirus
02-05-2018, 03:19 PM

Even packaging two 1sts for a top 5 pick you're not likely to draft a player with the impact he's been proven to have on each and every game.

ThaVirus
02-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Even packaging two 1sts for a top 5 pick you're not likely to draft a player with the impact he's been proven to have on each and every game.

You could end up with a Jon Baldwin and Dee Ford.. Or an Eric Fisher.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

notorious
02-05-2018, 03:22 PM

Imagine getting 2 MEN on the defensive line for Hill or Berry....

And yes, I used the word "Imagine" :D

ThaVirus
02-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Especially with Mahomes getting the start next season. You just don't trade away young, ascending superstars while you're trying to groom a prospect.

The Franchise
02-05-2018, 03:24 PM
With his size and speed combo he'd be an ideal ILB in Sutton's scheme. I'd keep him and hope he keeps improving. I view him as DJ's replacement.

lolwut?

ThaVirus
02-05-2018, 03:31 PM
lolwut?

Well with Houston at slot CB you really have to look at Tyreek at ILB.

Rain Man
02-05-2018, 03:33 PM

I think there's too much variability. For 2 firsts, you can assume that one will not have an impact, and then you're hoping the other one will be better than Hill. I think the odds of that are low. If you get a star, you hold onto him like his name is George.

Willie Lanier
02-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Well with Houston at slot CB you really have to look at Tyreek at ILB.

Exactly, then to really set the d on fire we finally utilize albert wilsons ability at his natural position of nose tackle

Rain Man
02-06-2018, 10:55 AM
Not surprisingly, Tyreek made the honor roll. We like him, we think he's ascending, and we don't want to trade him at any price.

3.94 Grade (4.0 point scale)
1.15 Performance Relative to Expectations (+ = Positive Surprise, - = Negative Surprise)
1.94 Desired Future Role (+ is larger role, - is smaller role)
0.88 Ascending/Descending (+ is ascending, - is descending)
-0.41 Trade Value (Round, also, zero = 2 1st rounders, negative = wouldn't trade)

Easy 6
02-06-2018, 11:04 AM
A bit surprised he didnt get more A+ votes, dude became a legit 1000+ yard #1 receiver in his second year

Many thought his size would relegate him to something of a gadget guy, kid has taken a huge leap in 2 short years

Rasputin
02-06-2018, 12:10 PM
A bit surprised he didnt get more A+ votes, dude became a legit 1000+ yard #1 receiver in his second year

Many thought his size would relegate him to something of a gadget guy, kid has taken a huge leap in 2 short years

I think he has an incomplete grade because he had Alex Smith throwing er not throwing him the ball giving him opportunity to score more touchdowns. He should be in double digit touchdown yearly.

Easy 6
02-06-2018, 12:13 PM
I think he has an incomplete grade because he had Alex Smith throwing er not throwing him the ball giving him opportunity to score more touchdowns. He should be in double digit touchdown yearly.

Mahomes to Hill is going to look like a Madden game

thegame214
02-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Tyreek is incredible and can't believe of all teams we got him.

saphojunkie
02-06-2018, 12:27 PM
The only reason Hill would be available for two firsts is because Mahomes will make every receiver look great.

Oh, and Teddy Roosevelt was a jingoistic rich boy who wanted to prove he was cool so he incited war. Then he lost his son to war. He bought a company for the Spanish American war and had his uniforms made by Brooks Brothers. Then he and his entitled white supreme cost friends kept the party going in the Philippines where the levels of human depravity had no floor. Thanks for the National parks, bro, but your legacy leaves a stain I don’t know will ever come out.

FDR actually, you know, saved the country from poverty and Nazis.

ThaVirus
02-06-2018, 12:44 PM

I gave him an A because of playoff jitters. I think he had like 2-3 drops in the first half of that playoff game. They didn’t matter much in the grand scheme of things but it seemed like he let the moment get a little too big for him.

thegame214
02-06-2018, 01:04 PM
I gave him an A because of playoff jitters. I think he had like 2-3 drops in the first half of that playoff game. They didn’t matter much in the grand scheme of things but it seemed like he let the moment get a little too big for him.

He was just not used to getting the ball thrown to him in playoff games

Kiimo
02-06-2018, 02:15 PM
The only reason Hill would be available for two firsts is because Mahomes will make every receiver look great.

Oh, and Teddy Roosevelt was a jingoistic rich boy who wanted to prove he was cool so he incited war. Then he lost his son to war. He bought a company for the Spanish American war and had his uniforms made by Brooks Brothers. Then he and his entitled white supreme cost friends kept the party going in the Philippines where the levels of human depravity had no floor. Thanks for the National parks, bro, but your legacy leaves a stain I don’t know will ever come out.

FDR actually, you know, saved the country from poverty and Nazis.

Well now I want to change my vote. I do like national parks though.

Chiefnj2
02-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Regular Season A.
Post season C-.

Ascending.