PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Offseason Planet Evaluation: Demetrius Harris

Rain Man
02-05-2018, 06:34 PM
Our basketball-playing tight end was the man after Kelce went down in the playoffs, but that's one game. How did he do overall?

In 2017, Demetrius had 18 catches for 224 yards (12.4 yards per catch), and 1 touchdown. He did not fumble this year.

Rain Man
02-05-2018, 06:37 PM
Demetrius is hard to grade. He had a lot of bad drops this year, but he also made some very good plays. It's pretty clear that the guy is really athletic, and if he could consistently catch he'd become a great weapon for us. But will he ever develop that skill? Hard to say.

I think there's a continued role for him on the team, and I think he's getting better each year. We have yet to see the apex form of Harris.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2018, 06:37 PM
D- for Demetrius.

He dropped too many balls, as usual and his blocking was suspect at times.

The Chiefs really need an upgrade at the #2 tight end spot.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
02-05-2018, 06:57 PM
Frustrating player because he's a YAC monster when he does catch it. I won't be upset if he's on the roster next year.

Deberg_1990
02-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Has a knack for the spectacular catch. Loses focus on the routine.

Frustrating

srvy
02-05-2018, 08:45 PM
Yep gave him a C- only because when he miraculously holds onto the ball he makes good yardage dragging tacklers with him.

oldman
02-06-2018, 10:01 AM
D+, you just can't trust the guy to make a routine catch or throw an effective block. Sure enough he makes a catch every once in a while and does get some YAC, but I think we can do better. Smaller role next year (if we can't find an upgrade). Original. I mean who doesn't love Chuck Heston? " Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"

Buehler445
02-07-2018, 07:17 AM
D- for Demetrius.

He dropped too many balls, as usual and his blocking was suspect at times.

The Chiefs really need an upgrade at the #2 tight end spot.

I think the grade might be a little harsh but I agree.

HemiEd
02-07-2018, 08:00 AM
Our basketball-playing tight end was the man after Kelce went down in the playoffs, but that's one game. How did he do overall?

In 2017, Demetrius had 18 catches for 224 yards (12.4 yards per catch), and 1 touchdown. He did not fumble this year.

I gave him a B+, exceeded my expectations which were almost nil.

He made a fantastic catch of Mahomes first completion.

KCrockaholic
02-07-2018, 08:04 AM
He fucking sucks ass.

ThaVirus
02-07-2018, 08:26 AM
I've always liked Harris' potential.

This next season will be the deciding factor. He either puts it together or we let his ass go.

Frosty
02-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Harris seems to look better when playing with Mahomes so I am willing to give him another season. Still need a quality #2/3 (depending on where they see Harris).

Easy 6
02-07-2018, 09:34 AM
Has a knack for the spectacular catch. Loses focus on the routine.

Frustrating

I've always liked Harris' potential.

This next season will be the deciding factor. He either puts it together or we let his ass go.

Both of these

Would like to see him with Mahomes before rendering final judgement

Rain Man
02-07-2018, 11:30 AM
In summary, it's not the worst overall grade by a long shot, but sentiment trends negative.

1.93 Grade (4.0 point scale)
-0.35 Performance Relative to Expectations (+ = Positive Surprise, - = Negative Surprise)
-0.81 Desired Future Role (+ is larger role, - is smaller role)
-0.03 Ascending/Descending (+ is ascending, - is descending)
5.83 Trade Value (Round, also, zero = 2 1st rounders, negative = wouldn't trade)

gblowfish
02-07-2018, 01:56 PM
Yep gave him a C- only because when he miraculously holds onto the ball he makes good yardage dragging tacklers with him.

My grade and reasoning exactly. And he needs to stay out of the Cheeba.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-07-2018, 03:48 PM
F

Get out of here.

Nowhere near the team next year.

Easy 6
02-07-2018, 06:46 PM
Considering...

a) how badly I want a stud LG
b) how badly we need defensive talent at every level
c) how he looked pretty damn good in one game with Mahomes

I'm perfectly fine riding with Harris this year, and who knows maybe Amaro will decide to capitalize on his potential... between those two, I say lets not get too caught up on offense

We have PLENTY of offensive skill to get rolling with, Mahomes is one of those guys who will make a Dieter, Kemp or Amaro look so good in camp/preseason that we'll be fine for offensive skill depth... we need defense Defense DEFENSE