PDA

View Full Version : Football Foles called the trick play

siberian khatru
02-06-2018, 04:26 PM
This is awesome:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/NFoles_9?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFoles_9</a> made the call, made the touchdown and made history. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PhillySpecial?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PhillySpecial</a><br><br>Watch more <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLFilms?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFLFilms</a> highlights on the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/InsideTheNFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#InsideTheNFL</a> finale TONIGHT 9PM ET/PT on Showtime.<a href="https://twitter.com/Eagles?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Eagles</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SBLII?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SBLII</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FlyEaglesFly?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FlyEaglesFly</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Eagles</a> <a href="https://t.co/jIDrfeYpVW">pic.twitter.com/jIDrfeYpVW</a></p>&mdash; Inside the NFL (@insidetheNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/insidetheNFL/status/960988157264068608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shoes
02-06-2018, 04:33 PM
Ballsy call 100%- makes you look like a genius when it goes right. On the otherhand I was pretty pissed when we called a trick play with Tyreek Hill (HB pass against the Donks) and it was the easiest interception of the year.

redfan
02-06-2018, 04:38 PM
How does this guy ride a bike?

In58men
02-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Andy Reid would have called a HB dive.

Gotta play it safe and conservative boys

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2018, 04:39 PM

:rolleyes:

Iconic
02-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Meh. Goes both ways. If it doesn't work NE has another ring and everyone's questioning Pederson's decision to go for it.

I don't personally get all the praise and ball licking going on over this. Andy did something similar this season and it fell flat on his face. It's a gamble and the dice happened to roll in their favor this time, that's all.

loochy
02-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Would Alex have called a play like that? :hmmm:
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless
02-06-2018, 04:59 PM
the universe belongs to the brave

LoneWolf
02-06-2018, 05:02 PM
So Doug Pederson is a filthy liar?

Hoover
02-06-2018, 05:04 PM
You know I actually feel bad for a guy like Wentz. Now he's young and really good, but there is no gaurnetee that the stars align and Philly makes it back to the Super Bowl let alone wins one. Nick Foles was in the right place and the right time.

Amazing story, but would haunt me if I were Wentz.

eDave
02-06-2018, 05:04 PM
Was this the same play as NE ran and Brady dropped it?

Hoover
02-06-2018, 05:05 PM
I think what Foles said was #dillydilly.

AssEaterChief
02-06-2018, 05:08 PM
You know I actually feel bad for a guy like Wentz. Now he's young and really good, but there is no gaurnetee that the stars align and Philly makes it back to the Super Bowl let alone wins one. Nick Foles was in the right place and the right time.

At least he got a Super Bowl ring out of it.

It would have been much worse had they lost as he watched from the sidelines helpless…now that would be haunting to me.

Fire Me Boy!
02-06-2018, 05:20 PM
Was this the same play as NE ran and Brady dropped it?

Yes. But Brady didn’t look like was really trying.

The Franchise
02-06-2018, 05:22 PM
Big dick Nick

SAUTO
02-06-2018, 05:40 PM
So Doug Pederson is a filthy liar?

Yep.

His eyes just kept going to that play is bullshit

-King-
02-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Ballsy call 100%- makes you look like a genius when it goes right. On the otherhand I was pretty pissed when we called a trick play with Tyreek Hill (HB pass against the Donks) and it was the easiest interception of the year.

Yep. Andy calls trick plays and players don't execute and he's called a dumbass. Pederson/Foles do it and players execute and they're geniuses. It all comes down to players executing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tombstone RJ
02-06-2018, 05:51 PM

Battered Chiefs syndrome

HemiEd
02-06-2018, 05:58 PM

he looked 41 on that play.

Marcellus
02-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Yep. Andy calls trick plays and players don't execute and he's called a dumbass. Pederson/Foles do it and players execute and they're geniuses. It all comes down to players executing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reid has quite a few trick plays work for KC.

Hungry Pig pass for example.

Tribal Warfare
02-06-2018, 06:06 PM
he looked 41 on that play.

He hates getting tackled, and knew he couldn't bitch about it if he did.

srvy
02-06-2018, 06:11 PM
But But Collin Coward said this happened 2 weeks ago in a small office in Philly by big ball sac Peterson. Looks like Big Dick Nick had to remind Big Ball Sac about the Philly special.

srvy
02-06-2018, 06:13 PM
We all know Andy Reid has had this in his playbook for years. He affectionately calls it The Philly Cheesesteak.

Kiimo
02-06-2018, 06:15 PM
Nick can remind Pederson and him say yes and all the other stuff can be simultaneously true.

LoneWolf
02-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Yep.

His eyes just kept going to that play is bullshit

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to notice his bullshit story.

SAUTO
02-06-2018, 06:47 PM
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to notice his bullshit story.

Watching pederson's reaction when foles says it makes it obvious to me that the thought hadnt previously entered his mind for right then

JakeF
02-06-2018, 07:32 PM
Would Alex have called a play like that? :hmmm:
Posted via Mobile Device
Not likely. Would Andy Reid of had the team ready to run that play AND give Smith the power to call it?

GloucesterChief
02-06-2018, 07:40 PM
"Who Dares Wins"

listopencil
02-06-2018, 07:47 PM
I think what Foles said was #dillydilly.

I think he actually said "Philly Philly", which is pretty funny if true.

listopencil
02-06-2018, 07:49 PM
Watching pederson's reaction when foles says it makes it obvious to me that the thought hadnt previously entered his mind for right then

Pederson says, "We're going for it. We're going for it right here." So the stories around the play are true from what I recall.

LoneWolf
02-06-2018, 07:53 PM
Pederson says, "We're going for it. We're going for it right here." So the stories around the play are true from what I recall.

Watch Pederson’s interview about the play. He said his eyes kept going back to that play on the play sheet and he decided to run it there instead of later in the game. If you watch him on the video, he wasn’t thinking about that play at all before Foles mentioned it.

SAUTO
02-06-2018, 08:01 PM
Watch Pederson’s interview about the play. He said his eyes kept going back to that play on the play sheet and he decided to run it there instead of later in the game. If you watch him on the video, he wasn’t thinking about that play at all before Foles mentioned it.
Exactly.

listopencil
02-06-2018, 08:15 PM

OK. I haven't seen the interview. I've just read articles about it.

Lex Luthor
02-06-2018, 09:15 PM

I don't know that it really matters who thought of it first. Foles suggested it, but Pederson made the decision to go with it.

I say give them both credit.

By the way, that video is awesome.

LoneWolf
02-06-2018, 09:38 PM
I don't know that it really matters who thought of it first. Foles suggested it, but Pederson made the decision to go with it.

I say give them both credit.

By the way, that video is awesome.

I absolutely give them both credit. Foles for suggesting it and Pederson for approving it. My comments have been aimed at Pederson’s misrepresenting how the call went down in his interview after the game.

Pitt Gorilla
02-06-2018, 11:27 PM

Gotta play it safe and conservative boysDidn't Reid call a crazy pass (Hill?) on the goal line that was intercepted and got everyone pissed off?

Andy calls ballsy plays; sometimes they simply aren't executed.

splatbass
02-06-2018, 11:37 PM

You don't watch the games, huh? Andy is known for trick plays. Sometimes when he shouldn't.

eDave
02-07-2018, 02:01 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTJWdPmYM3U" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv
02-07-2018, 02:03 AM
Loved how Doug looked at him in the eye for like 2-3 seconds and sseen his QB was confident and said, lets do it!

ChiTown
02-07-2018, 07:10 AM
Foles Church Bell Sized Balls >>> Smith's Baby Balls

hometeam
02-07-2018, 08:02 AM

It wasnt, it was more trickery before the snap and less trickery after.

they just both ended up with the QB as the pass catcher. Other than that, the plays where quite different.

BigRedChief
02-07-2018, 08:09 AM

Amazing story, but would haunt me if I were Wentz.Dan Marino went in his 2nd year lost and never made it back. He says it eats away at him now and will forever. He thought he'd get another chance.

Now, Wentz deserves credit for getting them into the playoffs. So he deserves to feel that he was a part of of a Super Bowl winner despite being injured.

crashcourse
02-07-2018, 08:15 AM
he must have known what he wanted when foles trotted over.

literally pointed at the playcard and foles immediately nodded and went right back to the huddle.

SAUTO
02-07-2018, 09:47 AM
he must have known what he wanted when foles trotted over.

literally pointed at the playcard and foles immediately nodded and went right back to the huddle.

Turn off your mute button

SAUTO
02-07-2018, 09:48 AM
I absolutely give them both credit. Foles for suggesting it and Pederson for approving it. My comments have been aimed at Pederson’s misrepresenting how the call went down in his interview after the game.

Agreed. He flat out lied

milkman
02-07-2018, 05:49 PM
While the play call was fun, it still comes down to execution, as any would.
Don't care much who called it.

Pederson going for it there, and on the fourth down later in the game from their own 45, down by 1 are the ballsy decisions.

There might be 2 other coaches that make those decisions, and those decisions were the difference.

SAUTO
02-07-2018, 05:52 PM
While the play call was fun, it still comes down to execution, as any would.
Don't care much who called it.

Pederson going for it there, and on the fourth down later in the game from their own 45, down by 1 are the ballsy decisions.

There might be 2 other coaches that make those decisions, and those decisions were the difference.
Agreed. Balls

KChiefs1
02-07-2018, 06:58 PM
Foles has cahones...Alex does not.