PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KC among five finalists to host 2019 or 2020 NFL Draft

KC Hawks
02-15-2018, 01:53 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Five finalists to host 2019 or 2020 NFL Draft: Cleveland/Canton, Tennessee, Kansas City, Denver, and Las Vegas.<br><br>Winners expected to be announced at May spring meeting.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/964220332931416069?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hydrae
02-15-2018, 01:55 PM
Vegas? They won't even have the stadium done until at least 2020.

vailpass
02-15-2018, 01:57 PM

It's my understanding they possess other facilities capable of hosting large convention-like functions such as the draft.

Dayze
02-15-2018, 02:07 PM
that would be cool to have in KC.

I, personally wouldn't go. But it would be cool to host.

Where do we think it would be held at? In front of Union Station / Liberty Memorial? Or, more of a indoor atmosphere?

Bowser
02-15-2018, 02:08 PM
We won't get it. And just to boot, we'll probably be forced to play a home game in England or some shit for having the gumption to ask if we could have it.

Chief_For_Life58
02-15-2018, 02:15 PM
yeah were definitely 5th on that list. way better options.

Rain Man
02-15-2018, 02:17 PM
KC doesn't have a domed stadium. No chance.

JakeF
02-15-2018, 02:19 PM
We've gotten the lucy/charlie brown football treatment by the NFL numerous times. They put us on a possible list only to pull the football out from under us later. Didn't they put us on a possible super bowl list a few years ago to make up for something? Never amounted to anything but we were on a list. Woo hoo. :rolleyes:

patteeu
02-15-2018, 02:22 PM
They should hold it in Denver since the Broncos will probably be picking near the top of the draft.

Buns
02-15-2018, 03:46 PM
Hmmmm Vegas in April is usally pretty nice, that would be cool.

CoMoChief
02-15-2018, 03:52 PM
NFL needs to market their new city.

Id think Vegas is almost a gimme.

Pitt Gorilla
02-15-2018, 03:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cxM5gKA.gif

jjchieffan
02-15-2018, 03:59 PM
We've gotten the lucy/charlie brown football treatment by the NFL numerous times. They put us on a possible list only to pull the football out from under us later. Didn't they put us on a possible super bowl list a few years ago to make up for something? Never amounted to anything but we were on a list. Woo hoo. :rolleyes:

It was n we did the stadium renovations. The league said that if the voters approved the money for the rolling roof, that we would get a Superbowl. The voters rejected the roof, the NFL said no Superbowl.

Dayze
02-15-2018, 04:01 PM
we'll have our chance to host a SB again in 10 years or so after the Clarks try to tells us they need a new stadium.

In58men
02-15-2018, 04:03 PM

MGM Grand brah

Bewbies
02-15-2018, 04:03 PM
I'd probably fly into KC if they held it there, that'd be fun.

Denver and Vegas seem more likely to me. One is a brand new city the other will have a super high pick. And the entire crowd could be legally high on weed in both places.

bowener
02-15-2018, 04:05 PM
NFL needs to market their new city.

Id think Vegas is almost a gimme.

Honestly, it should probably always be the host. Cheap as fuck to fly and stay there with plenty of other stuff to do. Not to mention the weather is nearly guaranteed to be hospitable.

Dayze
02-15-2018, 04:07 PM
we've got BBQ, and.....um....
well, then there's the uh....
not to mention the.....
..soccer complexes, and

aaaahhh, fuck it. Let Vegas have it.

wazu
02-15-2018, 04:53 PM
not to mention the.....
..soccer complexes, and

aaaahhh, fuck it. Let Vegas have it.

We have rowdy fans who will make noise. That’s the show the NFL wants.

Kiimo
02-15-2018, 05:07 PM
I'd probably fly into KC if they held it there, that'd be fun.

Denver and Vegas seem more likely to me. One is a brand new city the other will have a super high pick. And the entire crowd could be legally high on weed in both places.

Did Nevada legalize weed?

OnTheWarpath15
02-15-2018, 05:58 PM
Vegas is a guarantee. Good weather, can hold it outside if they want.

Rest are a toss up, IMO.

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2018, 05:59 PM
Did Nevada legalize weed?

Yes

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2018, 06:00 PM

Rest are a toss up, IMO.

Kroenke World will get it by 2022 and at that point, it might not leave Los Angeles for a half decade or more.

OnTheWarpath15
02-15-2018, 06:03 PM
Kroenke World will get it by 2022 and at that point, it might not leave Los Angeles for a half decade or more.

Maybe. Just read that the Chiefs plan to bid for 2021-2022 as well. Gotta think they'll get one eventually.

They could go to LA now if they wanted. Not like the draft is held in stadiums.

The Franchise
02-15-2018, 06:08 PM

Rest are a toss up, IMO.

If they get it.....I might have to head out there.

OnTheWarpath15
02-15-2018, 06:18 PM
If they get it.....I might have to head out there.

You definitely should. Short flight but 7+ hour drive due to interstate system?

Hell, I would consider flying out there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-15-2018, 06:33 PM
Every fatty lover rounded up and in one building?

Yes, please.

NWTF
02-15-2018, 06:38 PM
We won't get it. And just to boot, we'll probably be forced to play a home game in England or some shit for having the gumption to ask if we could have it.

This.

You are probably closer to the truth than you think.

"Oh your interested in hosting the 2019 or 2020 draft. I think we may be able to work something out. We'll put you on our list of finalists even though you have a 0% chance of being the choice. Of course for having the honor of being one of our finalists you will be requested to play a home game in London for the 2019 season."

Chief Roundup
02-15-2018, 06:45 PM
Okay so Vegas gets it eitiher 2019 or 2020. Who gets it the other year?

KChiefs1
02-15-2018, 07:30 PM
NFL Draft in Vegas is a natural.

I'm not sure where it be held in KC but I think we should get it in 2021 after we win the Super Bowl.

MahiMike
02-15-2018, 07:47 PM
#WhyNotKC

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2018, 08:07 PM
Maybe. Just read that the Chiefs plan to bid for 2021-2022 as well. Gotta think they'll get one eventually.

They could go to LA now if they wanted. Not like the draft is held in stadiums.

Not like the event it would be at Kroenke World.

$3 billion dollar stadium, home of the NFL Network, condos, restaurants and Olympic sized pools along with shopping, all in one complex.

It’ll be the NFL’s Crown Jewel.

SAUTO
02-15-2018, 08:22 PM

Yep

Bowser
02-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Not like the event it would be at Kroenke World.

$3 billion dollar stadium, home of the NFL Network, condos, restaurants and Olympic sized pools along with shopping, all in one complex.

It’ll be the NFL’s Crown Jewel.

Jesus. I would likely love to make in a year what people living in a condo in an NFL stadium would pay in rent, and that's not even mentioning all the other amenities you listed.

crayzkirk
02-15-2018, 08:34 PM
Really? I'm from Missouri. Show me. It will happen the year after the Super Bowl is played at Arrowhead.

Lots of talk, no action. Talk is cheap. I'm tired of talk.

DaneMcCloud
02-15-2018, 08:34 PM
Jesus. I would likely love to make in a year what people living in a condo in an NFL stadium would pay in rent, and that's not even mentioning all the other amenities you listed.

Back in 2007, I looked into buying a condo at the new, yet uncompleted, W Hotel Hollywood.

$2 million for a two bedroom and the HOA fees were $1.78 per square foot, or more than $1,700 dollars per month, which didn’t even include TV.

I’m guessing the places at Kroenke World will be double, especially since it’s near Silicon Beach.

Coogs
02-15-2018, 08:38 PM
Okay so Vegas gets it eitiher 2019 or 2020. Who gets it the other year?

Nashville

NJChiefsFan
02-15-2018, 11:44 PM

LMAOLMAO

MMXcalibur
02-16-2018, 12:20 AM

ROFL

cooper barrett
02-16-2018, 04:31 AM
Actually there are more reasons not to hold it in KC, than to.

When they build the new Johnson County International Airport, and another convention center it will be held in OP.

Deberg_1990
02-16-2018, 06:42 AM
These guys will be there for sure

Flying High D
02-16-2018, 07:40 AM

For sure.

AussieChiefsFan
02-16-2018, 07:47 AM
yeah were definitely 5th on that list. way better options.

KC doesn't have a domed stadium. No chance.

Have some faith guys!

They should hold it in Denver since the Broncos will probably be picking near the top of the draft.
That's a bit better LMAO

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-16-2018, 07:50 AM
Vegas- Would be funny if all the invitees for round 1 had hangovers crossing the stage , half of them not showing up.

Hydrae
02-16-2018, 09:12 AM
It's my understanding they possess other facilities capable of hosting large convention-like functions such as the draft.

My point is that at that time they will not actually have a team in town yet. Not about the facility itself. If the NFL wanted to have the draft in Vegas they could have done that at any point but it seems odd to have it in a city without an actual team.

oldman
02-16-2018, 11:37 AM
I'll believe KC is in the running when the NFL gives the Chiefs half the calls the Cheatriots get.

gblowfish
02-16-2018, 11:53 AM
Whoop de doo!

DaneMcCloud
02-16-2018, 12:35 PM
Actually there are more reasons not to hold it in KC, than to.

When they build the new Johnson County International Airport, and another convention center it will be held in OP.

LMAO, no.

The Kansas City proposal includes a main staging area in front of Union Station, with the site sprinkling into Washington Square Park, Crown Center and the lawn of the National World War 1 Museum.

It's never going to be held at a Convention Center in Kansas.

BWillie
02-16-2018, 02:24 PM
I'm not sure if there is a sporting spectacle that is more boring than the NFL draft.

Gravedigger
02-16-2018, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it's Cleveland this next year and Las Vegas the year after and KC gets passed up. Cleveland will keep their local base upbeat, and it's Canton country, and then when the Raiders move into their new Stadium the year after.

SAUTO
02-16-2018, 02:43 PM
LMAO, no.

The Kansas City proposal includes a main staging area in front of Union Station, with the site sprinkling into Washington Square Park, Crown Center and the lawn of the National World War 1 Museum.

It's never going to be held at a Convention Center in Kansas.hrs a fucking idiot

Bewbies
02-16-2018, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure if there is a sporting spectacle that is more boring than the NFL draft.

Ever watched golf?

Dayze
02-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Ever watched golf?

LMAO

BlackHelicopters
02-16-2018, 03:45 PM
I bet all my Bitcoin that KC is the winning city in hosting the draft.

cooper barrett
02-17-2018, 08:40 AM
LMAO, no.

[QUOTE=cooper barrett;13419852]Actually there are more reasons not to hold it in KC, than to. The NFL produced numbers of 250K people (cough) who attended the event in Philly. One half of those from outside the Metro.
Data showed there were 39,000+ projected hotel room nights paid. KC doesn't have that capacity even on paper. Philly has 11K, KC has 3K projecting 4K in 2021 if you include Lees Summit and Olathe. We fall dreadfully short

Maybe 5 years from now there will be better demographics and less demand and more lodging but at this moment the area does not have the capacity or the infrastructure for this event. (KC shut down schools because they needed the school buses and still had 4 hour delays for Royals parade) Philly spent $5.6M to put on this event and they were used to doing these type of events in that venue. It seats 3300 in the theater alone.

IMHO If this happens, cough, It will be held at Arrowhead with Jumbotrons throughout the parking areas and a lotto for seats inside, I question if they stay free knowing the NFL but for now they are in Dallas

In Dallas, as it would be at Arrowhead, the city would not be shutting down to host the event. Jerry is hosting the event in his house and on his property and the $20M+ from ESPN through the NFL goes to him. Clark will do the same IMHO.

CH will get credit for the economic impact of food hotel and shopping revenues.and credit Kathy Nelson while he gets richer controlling the vendors inside and outside the stadium. (Jerry is counting the money now. CH has wood thinking of it.) Can you imagine the money made in beer, food, and vending sales for a 3 day free event with $10 beers,$5 hot dogs with Hunt controlling it all? Oh, am important note, Can I bring in outside food or beverages?
No, food and beverages will be available for purchase within the NFL Draft Experience concession areas.
You may bring your personal empty reusable water bottle.

http://media.philly.com/images/RS_x_20170418_NFl_Draft_Experience_Map__FINAL_.jpg

While all these numbers sound good there has not been real accounting release of the "Draft Party". $80+ million in total projected impact.
$6.8 million in projected total state and local taxes. They all sound good but why the delay? Remember $5.5M not reimbursed by the NFL.

I'm all good a few years in, but something tells me that right now, KC needs to learn a lot about Philly's and Dallas's draft parties. The real numbers have not been recorded but we'd need a few thousand FEMA Trailers in parking lots to be able to qualify for hosting the event, Philly sold every room in the area and they have nearly 3X more than we advertise.

The JOCO International Airport is just a joke. JOCO likes a free airport, no matter if the new one gets built or not.

LMAO, no.

The Kansas City proposal includes a main staging area in front of Union Station, with the site sprinkling into Washington Square Park, Crown Center and the lawn of the National World War 1 Museum. Wrong

There are 3 options in the proposal, Arrowhead being one of them.
[QUOTE]Kansas City’s bid includes three options for sites: Union Station, the World War I Museum and Kauffman Center would be combined for one option; Sprint Center and the Power & Light District for another; and the Truman Sports Complex as the third. KC Star and According to Matt Derrick of Chiefs Digest, Kansas City pitched several locations which include many venues, including the Truman Sports Complex, Power & Light, Midland, Sprint Center, Bartle Hall, the Kauffman Center, Union Station and Liberty Memorial.

It's never going to be held at a Convention Center in Kansas. No shit? you went for that? They could hold it at Kansas Speedway, lots of RV parking unlike all the other venues.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2018, 09:23 AM
Back-walking moron.

Couch-Potato
02-17-2018, 01:44 PM
cool!

Why Not?
02-17-2018, 01:48 PM

Would be the only reason actually going to a draft would be cool. To meet those guys

Bewbies
02-17-2018, 01:50 PM
The best part watching the draft in KC would be the thunderous boos that would rain down with the #1 overall pick to Denver. And the boo's Las Vegas would get around 15. And the complete lack of reaction to LA's pick. LMAO

TribalElder
02-17-2018, 08:16 PM
Team that hosts the draft also wins the Super Bowl

cooper barrett
02-18-2018, 02:20 AM

The Bears won it 2 years in a row? Dammed that must have been some nap.

Scooter LaCanforno
02-18-2018, 07:11 AM
Honestly, it should probably always be the host. Cheap as **** to fly and stay there with plenty of other stuff to do. Not to mention the weather is nearly guaranteed to be hospitable.

I was thinking the same with Orlando. They've done a great job with the Pro Bowl and they've got Three local teams within a few hours.

Rausch
02-18-2018, 08:51 AM

Now we know we're out...

Rausch
02-18-2018, 08:51 AM
I was thinking the same with Orlando. They've done a great job with the Pro Bowl and they've got Three local teams within a few hours.

And their fans don't go "full-Philly" during the event...

patteeu
02-18-2018, 09:51 AM
The Bears won it 2 years in a row? Dammed that must have been some nap.

It’s a new rule. ;)

cooper barrett
02-18-2018, 10:48 AM
Common place around here

It’s a new rule. ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k2qgadSvNyU?rel=0&amp;controls=0&amp;showinfo=0&amp;start=110&end=127" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Randallflagg
02-18-2018, 12:09 PM
not to mention the.....
..soccer complexes, and

aaaahhh, **** it. Let Vegas have it.

God forbid they have it in Denver.......they'll all be higher than kites (especially Goodell). I can see it now - "With the (hehehe) 14th pick (uh...uh...or was it the 13th pick hehehe) the Washington redskins (hehe redskins) take uh....Dude! How do you pronounce this guy's name!?!? (hehehe)......Anyone bring the doritos?

KChiefs1
04-26-2018, 05:03 PM
I like the way they have setup Jerry’s World for the draft.

That could work in Arrowhead if the weather was good.

MahiMike
04-26-2018, 05:10 PM
I like the way they have setup Jerry’s World for the draft.

That could work in Arrowhead if the weather was good.

Can we rent the Cowboys cheerleaders when we host? Would put us over the top in the voting.

Tribal Warfare
04-26-2018, 05:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Five finalists to host 2019 or 2020 NFL Draft: Cleveland/Canton, Tennessee, Kansas City, Denver, and Las Vegas.<br><br>Winners expected to be announced at May spring meeting.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/964220332931416069?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Vegas has this one

patteeu
04-26-2018, 05:17 PM
God forbid they have it in Denver.......they'll all be higher than kites (especially Goodell). I can see it now - "With the (hehehe) 14th pick (uh...uh...or was it the 13th pick hehehe) the Washington redskins (hehe redskins) take uh....Dude! How do you pronounce this guy's name!?!? (hehehe)......Anyone bring the doritos?

Off topic: Yesterday I read that doritos are flammable and make good kindling for starting a campfire.

KChiefs1
04-26-2018, 05:20 PM
Vegas has this one

Vegas would be fun.

KChiefs1
04-26-2018, 05:29 PM
I think once the LA stadium is built that it will hold most of the Super Bowls & Drafts. It is supposed to be an incredible area dedicated to the NFL.

ct
04-26-2018, 05:33 PM
KC 2020 pls