PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs: 25th best "QB situation"

Prison Bitch
02-26-2018, 07:36 PM
14. Washington
QBs under contract: Alex Smith, Colt McCoy, Stephen Morris

Smith's contract won't be official until March 14, when the trade that's bringing him to Washington from Kansas City can finally be made official. But with Kirk Cousins set to hit the market, Smith will be his replacement in D.C. He's coming off a monster statistical season, almost never turns the ball over, and assuming the team can get some things figured out at wide receiver, there's no reason to think Smith shouldn't thrive under Jay Gruden

25. Kansas City Chiefs
QBs under contract: Patrick Mahomes

It's likely to be a wild ride as the Chiefs make the switch from super-safe Alex Smith to the 22-year-old Mahomes. Especially because the youngster started only one game last season. But Mahomes' physical talents are not in dispute, nor is coach Andy Reid's ability to develop and get the most out of his quarterbacks. The Chiefs would do well to bring in a veteran backup, both to help Mahomes' development and to play in case he can't handle it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22547908/2018-nfl-offseason-quarterback-confidence-index-rating-all-32-teams-depth-chart-free-agency-draft-trades#KC

The Franchise
02-26-2018, 07:37 PM
Well we only have one right now....so yeah.

Rasputin
02-26-2018, 07:39 PM
Redskins are going quick regret getting Alex Smith and Chiefs well get ever happier with Patrick Mahomes II.

Ming the Merciless
02-26-2018, 07:45 PM
yes this is risky

it may fail

but we also may be rewarded with greatness

we will never know if we dont swing the bat.....

Personally this sums everything up perfectly:

would u rather be more or less guaranteed to have the 14th best QB , and go the safe route

or die trying to fight and swing the bat, and get a rookie who RIGHT NOW might not be considered better than 25th but could be top 5 and a playmaker....

I know what I'd do...

New World Order
02-26-2018, 07:48 PM
Remember when everyone said we 'reached' with the Mahomes pick.

Beef Supreme
02-26-2018, 07:54 PM
yes this is risky

it may fail

but we also may be rewarded with greatness

we will never know if we dont swing the bat.....

Personally this sums everything up perfectly:

would u rather be more or less guaranteed to have the 14th best QB , and go the safe route

or die trying to fight and swing the bat, and get a rookie who RIGHT NOW might not be considered better than 25th but could be top 5 and a playmaker....

I know what I'd do...

Exactly. I would rather roll the dice on extreme potential than be safely mediocre.

MahiMike
02-26-2018, 07:57 PM
I think they missed a decimal point.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-26-2018, 08:28 PM
Downfield Big Game

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2018, 10:17 PM
Yep. Washington placed right in the middle.

Where they will ALWAYS be.

Talk to me in a season from now, please.

alpha_omega
02-26-2018, 10:31 PM
Wow, the Cardinals have nobody at this point....interesting.

lawrenceRaider
02-27-2018, 05:48 AM
Yep. Washington placed right in the middle.

Where they will ALWAYS be.

Talk to me in a season from now, please.

Chiefs traditional spot is right in the middle. Jettisoning a great young corner isn't going to help the transition to a young QB. Stout D and running game are a young QBs best friend.