PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Predict our starting lineup on defense for week 1.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-26-2018, 09:05 PM
Have fun.

Predict what our starting lineup will be for week 1.

List which FA you would sign to possibly step in as a starter or if you would be willing to start a rookie. List the rookie and the round they would be drafted.

New World Order
02-26-2018, 09:05 PM
I can't

I want to sleep tonight

But Justin Ellis and Kyle fuller or Rashaan Melvin might make nice additions

TrebMaxx
02-26-2018, 09:11 PM
WTF! I'm not the 'Amazing Kreskin'!

ping2000
02-26-2018, 09:45 PM
11 guys coached by a senile bag of shit.

TLO
02-26-2018, 09:49 PM
Jack Shit starting at 5 different positions with a sprinkling of slightly more talented players.

2018 feels like a rebuilding year for sure.

DaFace
02-26-2018, 09:53 PM
At this point, who knows? We're clearly blowing the whole thing up, so I'm not sure you can confidently predict a single position other than maybe Berry.

bevischief
02-27-2018, 10:55 AM
Some NCAA farm team..

Bewbies
02-27-2018, 11:06 AM
I'm pretty confident in:
Jones on the line
Ragland, Houston and Ford at LB
Fuller at CB
Berry at S

It'd be more fun if K-Pass improved enough to be opposite Houston and Ford came off the bench though.

bevischief
02-27-2018, 11:14 AM
Is it to late for the "Depends" crap the bed all star team
pool?

Rain Man
02-27-2018, 11:52 AM
Jones will play some position with his hand down.
Houston and Ragland will play short coverage.
Kpassagnon will play some position off to the right. (Ford will be in the hot tub.)
Sorensen will be somewhere in the middle of the field.
Berry will be back and to the left.
Fuller will near the left sideline.
Nelson will be near the right sideline.
Zombo will of course be the only guy with a defined position, at ROLB. Because that's his zone. He controls that zone.
Some guy we haven't heard of yet will be somewhere between Berry and Sorensen.
Allen Bailey will be somewhere near the line of scrimmage.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2018, 12:14 PM
DE: Chris Jones
DE: Rakeem Nunez-Roches
MIKE: Reggie Ragland
Safety: Eric Berry
LOLB: Justin Houston
ROLB: Tanoh Kpassognon
CB#1: Kendall Fuller
CB#3: Steven Nelson

That's my best guess as of today. The acquisition of more cornerbacks and defensive lineman could change that scenario, as might injuries.

Rain Man
02-27-2018, 12:16 PM
DE: Chris Jones
DE: Rakeem Nunez-Roches
MIKE: Reggie Ragland
Safety: Eric Berry
LOLB: Justin Houston
ROLB: Tanoh Kpassognon
CB#1: Kendall Fuller
CB#3: Steven Nelson

Oh, you know Zombo will be out there. Admit it. He's a rock.*

* - Term relates to mobility and pass rush, not run stopping.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Oh, you know Zombo will be out there. Admit it. He's a rock.*

* - Term relates to mobility and pass rush, not run stopping.

As I mentioned last night, I don't understand the Zombo hate.

He's been playing on a Vet Minimum contract and wasn't expected to play many, if any, snaps at ROLB because Dee Ford and Tanoh Kpassognon were on the depth chart ahead of him.

He's been a very good Special Teamer and that's where his value obviously lies, but at least the guy gives 100% effort on every down, which is something that can't be said for everyone on that defense in 2017.

LoneWolf
02-27-2018, 12:24 PM
DE--Chris Jones
DT--Star Lotulelei
DE--Allen Bailey
OLB--Dee Ford
ILB--Reggie Ragland
ILB--Draft Pick
OLB--Justin Houston
CB--Kendal Fuller
CB--Kyle Fuller
S--Eric Berry
S--Kurt Coleman

Rain Man
02-27-2018, 12:30 PM

He's been playing on a Vet Minimum contract and wasn't expected to play many, if any, snaps at ROLB because Dee Ford and Tanoh Kpassognon were on the depth chart ahead of him.

He's been a very good Special Teamer and that's where his value obviously lies, but at least the guy gives 100% effort on every down, which is something that can't be said for everyone on that defense in 2017.

I'll agree that he's a good effort guy, and I'm fine with him on special teams. I just don't get why they kept making him one of our two pass rushers. The guy has zero pass rush. It's not his fault, but he shouldn't be on the field in passing situations. And I'm not sure that OLB is his position anyway. At ILB he might be more serviceable.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2018, 12:35 PM
I just don't get why they kept making him one of our two pass rushers.

Because John Dorsey kept missing on pass rushers.

Dee Ford had injury history in college that he ignored. Kpassognon might not be a miss but he came from a small school in Villanova and needed at least a season on the bench in order to learn the defense.

Dadi Nicolas, a 6th rounder in 2016, flashed a bit but then tore a pattellar tendon and his career might be over.

Where Dorsey really screwed up was by taking a $4 million dollar Dead Cap hit for Tamba Hali in early 2016, then turning around and giving him a 3 year, $21 million dollar deal with $12 million guaranteed. Not only was a he a shell of himself in 2016, he didn't hit the field until late 2017 and made zero impact.

Thus, Frank Zombo.

Rain Man
02-27-2018, 12:46 PM

Dee Ford had injury history in college that he ignored. Kpassognon might not be a miss but he came from a small school in Villanova and needed at least a season on the bench in order to learn the defense.

Dadi Nicolas, a 6th rounder in 2016, flashed a bit but then tore a pattellar tendon and his career might be over.

Where Dorsey really screwed up was by taking a $4 million dollar Dead Cap hit for Tamba Hali in early 2016, then turning around and giving him a 3 year, $21 million dollar deal with $12 million guaranteed. Not only was a he a shell of himself in 2016, he didn't hit the field until late 2017 and made zero impact.

Thus, Frank Zombo.

I just think if it was an obvious passing situation, throw Kpassagnon out there. Ready or not, I think he could have come closer to a rush than Zombo. Zombo had no chance of beating a pass blocker.

For that matter, I saw more pass rush from Bennie Logan. Put him in there instead of Zombo on passing downs.

I'll give Zombo credit for being able to read plays. The final view of him getting pushed downfield by a quarterback muddies that image, but he generally never got fooled on running plays. He was tolerable there. But man, putting him on a pass rush was not a good experience for anybody.

O.city
02-27-2018, 12:48 PM
They're gonna have to play young guys now. No one else to run out there.

Bewbies
02-27-2018, 01:23 PM
Big IF's here, but if they happened it'd be really, really good for us.

K-Pass becomes a solid starter
Ford is a GREAT option for a 3rd pass rusher
Dadi comes back and is a decent 4th option

You get 2 out of those 3 we're in pretty good shape OLB wise.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2018, 01:25 PM
Big IF's here, but if they happened it'd be really, really good for us.

K-Pass becomes a solid starter
Ford is a GREAT option for a 3rd pass rusher
Dadi comes back and is a decent 4th option

You get 2 out of those 3 we're in pretty good shape OLB wise.

Those are big if's for sure in 2018, although I do think that Kpassognon becomes more than serviceable, eventually.

MotherfuckerJones
02-27-2018, 01:27 PM

My issue with Zombo is he takes up snaps of developmental players and he isn’t good at all. Never was. He’s not even as good as a 38 year old James Harrison.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2018, 01:28 PM
My issue with Zombo is he takes up snaps of developmental players and he isn’t good at all. Never was. He’s not even as good as a 38 year old James Harrison.

Well, Hali and Ford were injured. As of today, that's more than $18 million locked into two players that can't play.

Apparently, Kpassognon was so behind the 8 ball that they were forced to play Zombo.

Again, this squarely falls on the shoulders of John Dorsey.

Bad contract for Hali, back injuries to Ford, drafted a developmental player in the 2nd round last year, etc.

MotherfuckerJones
02-27-2018, 01:30 PM
Well, Hali and Ford were injured. As of today, that's more than $18 million locked into two players that can't play.

Apparently, Kpassognon was so behind the 8 ball that they were forced to play Zombo.

Again, this squarely falls on the shoulders of John Dorsey.

Bad contract for Hali, back injuries to Ford, drafted a developmental player in the 2nd round last year, etc.

Oh I know that and I’m not knocking him specifically for having to play. He’s just not effective. Dorsey just didn’t do a good enough job. Zombo should’ve been replaced a year ago

Simply Red
02-27-2018, 01:33 PM

I like Zombo.

Mecca
02-27-2018, 01:36 PM
Guys like Frank Zombo are supposed to get replaced by younger cheaper dudes.

saphojunkie
02-27-2018, 02:21 PM

Thus, Frank Zombo.

This was spectacularly terrible management of the roster and the cap, and he deserved to be fired for this alone. It shows a lack of foresight, a handicap of pride, and a disregard for the future. It also highlights the misstep of drafting Ford.

Man, Dorsey could spot potential talent, but the dude just completely lacked a broader vision for what it takes to build a winner. So myopic when it came to raw talent.

saphojunkie
02-27-2018, 02:22 PM
Guys like Frank Zombo are supposed to get replaced by younger cheaper dudes.

He's pretty cheap, and I don't know what youth would improve. I'd rather he get replaced by faster, more athletic dudes, though.

Red Beans
02-27-2018, 02:32 PM
This thread is a prime example of tossing some shit at a wall. except none of it is going to stick until this summer. The best case scenario is someone gets bragging rights out of this thread...

carcosa
02-27-2018, 02:35 PM
every draft pick and FA signing and trade guy will hit 100% and it will be the best D of all time

Simply Red
02-27-2018, 02:37 PM
every draft pick and FA signing and trade guy will hit 100% and it will be the best D of all time

Great knews

bricks
02-27-2018, 02:38 PM
QB Pat Mahomes
RB Kareem Hunt
FB Anthony Sherman
WR 1 Tyreek Hill
WR 2 Chris Conley
TE Travis Kelce
LT Eric Fisher
LG Mitch Morse
C Zach Fulton
RG LDT
RT Mitchell Schwartz

LDE Chris Jones
NT Bennie Logan
RDE Sheldon Richardson
OLB Justin Houston
ILB Zach Brown
ILB Reggie Ragland
OLB Taboh Kpassangon
CB Trumaine Johnson
CB Kendall Fuller
FS Ronnie Harrison
SS Eric Berry

Willie Lanier
02-27-2018, 02:44 PM
QB Pat Mahomes
RB Kareem Hunt
FB Anthony Sherman
WR 1 Tyreek Hill
WR 2 Chris Conley
TE Travis Kelce
LT Eric Fisher
LG Mitch Morse
C Zach Fulton
RG LDT
RT Mitchell Schwartz

LDE Chris Jones
NT Bennie Logan
RDE Sheldon Richardson
OLB Justin Houston
ILB Zach Brown
ILB Reggie Ragland
OLB Taboh Kpassangon
CB Trumaine Johnson
CB Kendall Fuller
FS Ronnie Harrison
SS Eric Berry

As much as I appreciate the optimism, that's not going to happen bud

crayzkirk
02-27-2018, 03:14 PM
Eleven guys in red helmets...

Everything will be a-okay!

MotherfuckerJones
02-27-2018, 03:15 PM
QB Pat Mahomes
RB Kareem Hunt
FB Anthony Sherman
WR 1 Tyreek Hill
WR 2 Chris Conley
TE Travis Kelce
LT Eric Fisher
LG Mitch Morse
C Zach Fulton
RG LDT
RT Mitchell Schwartz

LDE Chris Jones
NT Bennie Logan
RDE Sheldon Richardson
OLB Justin Houston
ILB Zach Brown
ILB Reggie Ragland
OLB Taboh Kpassangon
CB Trumaine Johnson
CB Kendall Fuller
FS Ronnie Harrison
SS Eric Berry

Turn off Madden 18

Mr_Tomahawk
02-27-2018, 03:28 PM
QB Pat Mahomes
RB Kareem Hunt
FB Anthony Sherman
WR 1 Tyreek Hill
WR 2 Chris Conley
TE Travis Kelce
LT Eric Fisher
LG Mitch Morse
C Zach Fulton
RG LDT
RT Mitchell Schwartz

LDE Chris Jones
NT Bennie Logan
RDE Sheldon Richardson
OLB Justin Houston
ILB Zach Brown
ILB Reggie Ragland
OLB Taboh Kpassangon
CB Trumaine Johnson
CB Kendall Fuller
FS Ronnie Harrison
SS Eric Berry

Sir I applaud you for taking a stab at it. :clap:

O.city
02-27-2018, 03:35 PM
Veach will be aggressive I think. I don't think they'll add that much but wouldn't be surprised.

Simply Red
02-27-2018, 03:38 PM
Bones Jackson

carcosa
02-27-2018, 03:39 PM
Great knews

all well drinked too that !!

bricks
02-27-2018, 03:40 PM
Sir I applaud you for taking a stab at it. :clap:

No problem bud. Thanks for creating this thread. I actually enjoy it.

bricks
02-27-2018, 03:42 PM
Veach will be aggressive I think. I don't think they'll add that much but wouldn't be surprised.

I think he’ll sign at least 1 good player on defense and the rest of the money will be spread out. I think some of it will go for depth, and they may make a few other signings i.e., offensive guard, 2nd te and/or punter ?

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-27-2018, 04:05 PM
DE--Chris Jones
DT--Star Lotulelei
DE--Allen Bailey
OLB--Dee Ford
ILB--Reggie Ragland
ILB--Draft Pick
OLB--Justin Houston
CB--Kendal Fuller
CB--Kyle Fuller
S--Eric Berry
S--Kurt Coleman

So , you're replacing Sorenson with Kurt coleman

ROFL

Dumb move!

Chief Pagan
02-27-2018, 04:18 PM
every draft pick and FA signing and trade guy will hit 100% be on the field because our current talent sucks and it will be the best D of all time will be a great D for PM because it will force him to be a gunslinger whether Andy ***ing likes it or not.

FYP