PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft A Draftmas gift for Mahomes

TimeForWasp
02-27-2018, 05:34 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DciHqbX7udE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YayMike
02-27-2018, 05:47 PM
Looks like a good replacement for DAT / Wilson. Don’t know much about him, or where he’s slot, as I’d rank WR as 5th on my draft wishlist without knowing what we do in FA

Skyy God
02-27-2018, 06:01 PM
How about a ball hawking CB to replace the one we just traded away for a moldy bag of dicks?

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-27-2018, 06:12 PM
We need that Punter from Texas

KChiefs1
02-27-2018, 06:28 PM
We need that Punter from Texas

Yes!

Simply Red
02-27-2018, 07:00 PM
chill guys - redick

Simply Red
02-27-2018, 07:03 PM
let's see his 40 time in a few days - also - was that supposed to be rap in the HL video?

Red Dawg
02-27-2018, 07:12 PM
How sblut a ball hawking CB to replace the one we just traded away for a moldy bag of dicks?

Man thats nasty. CB needs to come from FA.

Kiimo
02-27-2018, 07:16 PM
Could be an optical illusion but his speed seems NFL average.

MTG#10
02-27-2018, 07:19 PM
How sblut a ball hawking CB to replace the one we just traded away for a moldy bag of dicks?

They weren't moldy at all, we got a perfectly fresh bag of dicks.

:harumph:

RealSNR
02-27-2018, 08:30 PM

I think the plan is to use the bag of dicks to draft this guy.

Chief Roundup
02-27-2018, 08:35 PM
The only position on Offense that we need to upgrade in this off season is LG. Everything else needs to go on the Defense.

wheeler08
02-27-2018, 09:25 PM
The only position on Offense that we need to upgrade in this off season is LG. Everything else needs to go on the Defense.

I still think we need a #2 TE. Preferably one that has played football before and doesn’t have bricks for hands

RedRaider56
02-27-2018, 10:03 PM
Looks like a good replacement for DAT / Wilson. Don’t know much about him, or where he’s slot, as I’d rank WR as 5th on my draft wishlist without knowing what we do in FA

Coutee is a gamer. Fast, good hands, breakaway threat whenever he got his hands on the ball.

Another Tech receiver, Dylan Cantrell, could be a steal in the draft, 6-3, 225, 4.4. 40.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-27-2018, 10:46 PM
A new DC?

YayMike
02-28-2018, 07:45 AM

I think WR3 should be addressed if we don't resign Albert Wilson, otherwise I agree. The whole draft should be defense.

2nd - Edge Rusher
3rd (a) - NT/DE
3rd (b) - NT/DE
4th - CB
5th - ILB
7th - RB (someone for ST)

YayMike
02-28-2018, 08:00 AM
I still think we need a #2 TE. Preferably one that has played football before and doesn’t have bricks for hands

I think we are okay with Incompletrius. Not that we can't upgrade it, but i'd rather use the resource on a new LG, maybe even a backup swing tackle for when injuries occur.

loochy
02-28-2018, 08:49 AM
chill guys - redick

No, that's not JJ Redick. He is under contract for the Sixers right now and isn't available for draft.

http://thesource.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/J.J._Redick_lifts_Philadelphia_to_a_remarkable_feat.jpg

RealSNR
02-28-2018, 09:32 AM
What's it called when you dick somebody a second time?

In58men
02-28-2018, 09:38 AM
I really want Tim Settle, please?

Shoes
02-28-2018, 10:22 AM
Coutee is interesting to me- he plays the slot receiver position which I believe is a need for the Chiefs and has played with Mahomes before. I'm not sure how well Coutee will transition to the NFL though as I see him as a better athlete than most of the guys in the NCAA and doesn't win necessarily by having outstanding routes.

When I look at the Chiefs offense I want my slot receiver to be a guy who understands coverages well, can make catches in traffic, and runs terrific routes (Jarvis Landry is a good example of the player type I'm after- not at his price tag though) . I'm not opposed to Coutee but I don't think he is the best fit. I think this offense has enough explosive players, I want a guy who is relied upon to move the sticks.

For those interested Coutee's draft comparison is John Brown.

ChiefAshhole1056
02-28-2018, 11:25 AM
Could be an optical illusion but his speed seems NFL average.

I was thinking the same. Looks like a natural runner with a solid lean though. Doesn’t seem as elusive from an NFL standpoint as you’d want someone of his profile and size to be. Needs better and more consistent extension with his catches too. Would like to see his times but I’d have him as at most a 6th rounder right now.

loochy
02-28-2018, 11:36 AM
What's it called when you dick somebody a second time?

Marcus Petering
Posted via Mobile Device

saphojunkie
02-28-2018, 12:55 PM
Personally, if I were a GM, my philosophy would be to sign offensive players via free agency and draft almost exclusively defense, offensive line, and late round RB.

My theory is that offensive players are skill players, and skills can be developed over time. Also, the QB makes average WR look great (cough cough Albert Wilson).

Defense being so reliant on speed and athleticism, I'd rather get my young players there in the draft, rather than sign the Josh Normans of the world, who might excel in a scheme but not translate across the board. Additionally, so much of defensive success is based on uncontrollable variables, given its reactive nature. A CB who isn't thrown at doesn't get interceptions. An ILB with a shitty DL can't make tackles, etc. It's harder to gauge in FA, I feel like.

Also, I feel like Belichick has used this method for years. Populate your skill positions with inexpensive guys who can execute a scheme and draft defensive players.