PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Offseason BS Thread: How will our offensive play-calling change?

Dante84
02-28-2018, 10:45 AM
I imagine we will continue with the Reid-esque WCO staples. I also imagine we will protect Mahomes by running the ball with our two-headed monster of Hunt & Ware.

What I'm mostly curious to see is how the play calling and roster decisions will change with Mahomes.

- Will we require a different type of OL?

- Smith couldn't or wouldn't target big, tall, possession receivers (Bowe, Conley, Avant) and required fast guys who got separation (Kelce, Hill, RB's in the flanks). Will we now target larger possession WR's?

- What type of plays/routes/concepts will be Mahomes' bread and butter? What will be his achilles heel?

Red Dawg
02-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Bettr question is why has Hali not been released?

JakeF
02-28-2018, 12:06 PM
I imagine we will continue with the Reid-esque WCO staples. I also imagine we will protect Mahomes by running the ball with our two-headed monster of Hunt & Ware.

What I'm mostly curious to see is how the play calling and roster decisions will change with Mahomes.

- Smith couldn't or wouldn't target big, tall, possession receivers (Bowe, Conley, Avant) and required fast guys who got separation (Kelce, Hill, RB's in the flanks). Will we now target larger possession WR's?

- What type of plays/routes/concepts will be Mahomes' bread and butter? What will be his achilles heel?
Reid is Reid and i don't expect big changes.

Mahomes will improvise and lead to different results but the playcalling won't be much different. In fact with the departure of Nagy and Childress our playcalling might go back to being WR screen happy. Nagy had more control this year and number of screen passes dropped off considerably.

The year before Reid called WR screen passes all game, every game. Any time we got more than a 10pt lead our offense went 'sideways' and production came to an abrupt halt.

Sandy Vagina
02-28-2018, 12:08 PM
Chuck-n it deep for the fitty fitty balls, bruh. :)

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2018, 12:17 PM

No

Are you joking?

LMAO

Dunerdr
02-28-2018, 01:41 PM
Reid is Reid and i don't expect big changes.

Mahomes will improvise and lead to different results but the playcalling won't be much different. In fact with the departure of Nagy and Childress our playcalling might go back to being WR screen happy. Nagy had more control this year and number of screen passes dropped off considerably.

The year before Reid called WR screen passes all game, every game. Any time we got more than a 10pt lead our offense went 'sideways' and production came to an abrupt halt.
In reids defense mahomes throws a well placed wr screen ball, not the alex behind you or at your feet ducks.