PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Reid seems to like Lamar Jackson

Sassy Squatch
02-28-2018, 10:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918110/article/andy-reid-scoffs-at-notion-lamar-jackson-should-change-position

"Yeah, I think you probably want to try it there (at quarterback) and see," Reid said. "He's pretty good. I would. I'd give that a whirl. I could handle that, yeah."

The talk of Jackson changing positions became a hot topic earlier this month when former Bills and Colts GM Bill Polian, an analyst for ESPN, suggested during an appearance on the Golic and Wingo show Jackson should move to wide receiver, citing size, explosiveness, athleticism, and what Polian perceived as his shortcomings in the accuracy department, as the main reasons for the move.

"Yeah, I'm not much on that," Reid said. "I want to bring him in. Let's exhaust that other thing that we know he's good at and see. I'm just saying in general. This is a general statement: Let's get him in and let him wing it a little bit and see how he does. We'll be able to fit some things in there I'm sure."

We all know Reid loves to take flyers on QBs in the draft, think Jackson will be yet another one?

Simply Red
02-28-2018, 11:00 PM
he's slightly fast.

Simply Red
02-28-2018, 11:03 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aDhwcRCPTv8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
02-28-2018, 11:04 PM
Gosh you almost wonder if this is some sort of jedi mind trick to distract from who he really wants - F IDK.

DaNewGuy
02-28-2018, 11:13 PM
Obligatory Can he play corner post?

bevischief
02-28-2018, 11:23 PM
Can he call offensive play calls?

carcosa
03-01-2018, 12:22 AM
Dual QB formation with Mahomes... unstobbable

Simply Red
03-01-2018, 12:24 AM
Dual QB formation with Mahomes... unstobbable

Great idea

DaNewGuy
03-01-2018, 12:24 AM
He could be our Randle El

carcosa
03-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Great idea
Thanknu.... mean's alot

KCrockaholic
03-01-2018, 12:45 AM
As a backup to Mahomes, sure I wouldn't be mad if we took him mid round. Otherwise I don't care. Mahomes is my dick and I'm riding with it.

Simply Red
03-01-2018, 12:51 AM
As a backup to Mahomes, sure I wouldn't be mad if we took him mid round. Otherwise I don't care. Mahomes is my dick and I'm riding with it.

oh fun!

Frosty
03-01-2018, 02:00 AM
I wouldn't be all that happy if they drafted him, unless its like in the 5th round or something. With a lot of needs and not many premium draft picks, the Chiefs have much bigger needs than a project backup QB.

Nickhead
03-01-2018, 02:45 AM
i don't trust anyone with the name 'lamar' :D

oldman
03-01-2018, 04:45 AM
Mahomes is my dick and I'm riding with it.

That's quite possibly the gayest thing I've ever read (and there's been many questionable Clay posts) on CP.

Red Dawg
03-01-2018, 05:01 AM
No doubt. Need some damn counseling.

Buehler445
03-01-2018, 06:49 AM
Polian is a smug assnozzle. That’s all I have to say about that.

JoeyChuckles
03-01-2018, 07:14 AM
Gosh you almost wonder if this is some sort of jedi mind trick to distract from who he really wants - F IDK.

He's probably just trying to get Elway to draft him so that they remain horrible.

Beef Supreme
03-01-2018, 09:34 AM
Lamar Jackson isn't going to be a mid round flyer. I'd guess he goes early second round.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-01-2018, 01:51 PM
And?

BlackHelicopters
03-01-2018, 01:57 PM
I misread this as Lamar Hunt.

CoMoChief
03-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Vince Young pt2

ThaVirus
03-01-2018, 08:22 PM
We had a decent receiver on the roster at QB with Pryor a few years ago and let him go without a tryout at WR.

No chance we draft Jackson, though.

ThaVirus
03-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Anyone remember Matt Jones? Big white dude. Like 6'6". Ran a 4.3 or something ridiculous.

I think he was a QB who tried to transition but never stuck. Want to say the Jags reached on him at #6.

Chief Northman
03-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Anyone remember Matt Jones? Big white dude. Like 6'6". Ran a 4.3 or something ridiculous.

I think he was a QB who tried to transition but never stuck. Want to say the Jags reached on him at #6.

He never stuck because he was a fucking coked out drugee....

Simply Red
04-24-2018, 07:42 AM
Do you guys think we'd even TRY to pick him up? I'm just wondering - had a feeling about this this morning. I think we may - if possible - of course other teams could 'jump the shark' on us. I don't think it's impossibru

RippedmyFlesh
04-24-2018, 07:45 AM

I know fucking deep shit but hoodie seems to like him too so who knows.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2018, 07:48 AM

That's quite possibly the gayest thing I've ever read (and there's been many questionable Clay posts) on CP.

LMAO I don’t even remember saying that.

But Lamar Jackson will be fun in Madden.

Simply Red
04-24-2018, 08:04 AM
I know ****ing deep shit but hoodie seems to like him too so who knows.

yes I heard that as well. I don't think we can out maneuver others, ahead of us; provided they want him. I've also heard reports where they (whichever reporter) feel he very well may fall to the early second round.

RippedmyFlesh
04-24-2018, 08:19 AM
yes I heard that as well. I don't think we can out maneuver others, ahead of us; provided they want him. I've also heard reports where they (whichever reporter) feel he very well may fall to the early second round.

If you know you are not taking a qb you want him to move up so it drops a non qb down a notch maybe andy going that angle too. Fun being a fan now days knowing we aren't the ones getting hoodwinked.

Shields68
04-24-2018, 08:31 AM
Lamar Jackson isn't going to be a mid round flyer. I'd guess he goes early second round.

More probable for a late first. Teams willing to take a QB in the early 2nd would rather move up to the late first and get that 5th year option. Patriots are always willing to take a pick off of someone willing to do this.

Shoes
04-24-2018, 08:58 AM

Drafted 21st overall but yeah it was an odd selection. Polarizing athlete though, 6'6, 240 pound and as you mentioned ran a 4.3 40 time. In 2008 he posted 761 yards receiving in 12 games before being suspended for violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

BryanBusby
04-24-2018, 09:03 AM
I think Lamar goes in the teens. I can't imagine the Cardinals trying to sell a fan base on the lovely QB duo of Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon.

Mile High Mania
04-24-2018, 09:08 AM
I would actually prefer Denver to trade down and if they take a QB, go with Jackson. I think he has similar upside to whichever QB falls to 5 and would prefer taking a shot at getting the Bills' two picks and grabbing Jackson and another player, DB or OL.

I just really do not want them to take Mayfield or Allen...

BryanBusby
04-24-2018, 09:11 AM
I don't think the Broncos will have a shot at Mayfield or Allen. They will probably be looking at Josh Rosen and because John Elway is a shitty person in general, I can't see that ever happening.

MahiMike
04-24-2018, 09:23 AM
I bet my son $100 that Jackson wouldn't be a 1st round pick. Looks like I'm gonna lose that bet. I'll double down and say he never wins a playoff game...

Red Dawg
04-24-2018, 09:25 AM
Jackson is the next Vince Young. He's a skill player playing QB. Side show at best.

Mile High Mania
04-24-2018, 09:30 AM
Jackson is the next Vince Young. He's a skill player playing QB. Side show at best.

Dude is explosive... just don't know that it translates to the NFL. Fun to watch in college.

Shields68
04-24-2018, 09:36 AM
I don't think the Broncos will have a shot at Mayfield or Allen. They will probably be looking at Josh Rosen and because John Elway is a shitty person in general, I can't see that ever happening.

Guess I think there is a that 2 QB's will be off the board by the time they pick and 1 of them is Darnold. Could be wrong but do not see the Giants going QB and passing on Barkely. They need a 100% lock to be the face of the franchise with Beckham having a foot out the door. The Browns might trade down but do not see them going out out of the top 10, which reduces the chances they make a move out of #4.

MahiMike
04-24-2018, 09:40 AM
I don't care if a RB scores every game, I'm not taking one in the 1st round. RB's are like new cars, they depreciate as soon as you buy them.

Mile High Mania
04-24-2018, 09:49 AM
I don't care if a RB scores every game, I'm not taking one in the 1st round. RB's are like new cars, they depreciate as soon as you buy them.

Yeah, it's not the 90's NFL... the RBBC and tricked up offenses are a lot different. Only a few teams really use a main grinder back.

BryanBusby
04-24-2018, 09:55 AM
Guess I think there is a that 2 QB's will be off the board by the time they pick and 1 of them is Darnold. Could be wrong but do not see the Giants going QB and passing on Barkely. They need a 100% lock to be the face of the franchise with Beckham having a foot out the door. The Browns might trade down but do not see them going out out of the top 10, which reduces the chances they make a move out of #4.
You think Eli Manning is going to get a contract extension with the Giants? Sounds like a real stretch. 2019 is it for him in NYG and finding a QB in the '19 draft is a real gamble.

COchief
04-24-2018, 09:57 AM
This thread is the cycle of abuse personified. We have been beaten and abused for so long by Fat Scott and King Carl that we can not resist the urge to discuss possible QB options in the draft.

I am so happy for the first time in decades to not give a single F about any qb in this draft, the only reason I have any interest at all is to see what turd is chosen and how drunk Dewars on the rocks is on draft day when that 5th pick comes up.

For the first time in over 30 years I can emphatically state I give no craps about any young qb until ours shows he is not the guy. It's so nice to not give a single shit anymore. Only exception is the Elway clown show, which gets better by the year, much like his alcohol tolerance.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-24-2018, 10:36 AM
He won't make it past the Patriots 2nd pick in round 1

Shields68
04-24-2018, 10:37 AM
You think Eli Manning is going to get a contract extension with the Giants? Sounds like a real stretch. 2019 is it for him in NYG and finding a QB in the '19 draft is a real gamble.

To me it seems every mock draft has them taking Barkely. Maybe it is a smokescreen. On the other hand I think Chubb and Barkley are the two best players. None of the QB's are sure things. None of them are as good as Mahomes. Most drafts this crop would be looking at mid first round types. So can I see a team that needs a QB passing on them and building a Jacksonville run first type team when you have a average QB for a year or two.

lcarus
04-24-2018, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't mind us taking another QB at some point in the draft. Never hurts to have another biscuit in the oven. You know. In case our Mahomes biscuit ends up tasting like dick chowder.

BryanBusby
04-24-2018, 10:41 AM
To me it seems every mock draft has them taking Barkely. Maybe it is a smokescreen. On the other hand I think Chubb and Barkley are the two best players. None of the QB's are sure things. None of them are as good as Mahomes. Most drafts this crop would be looking at mid first round types. So can I see a team that needs a QB passing on them and building a Jacksonville run first type team when you have a average QB for a year or two.
All these QB's are going earlier than they should be going and people really need to adjust their perceived value on these prospects.

Randallflagg
04-24-2018, 10:43 AM
I watched Jackson in quite a few games (U of L Alum). He is fast, thinks on his feet and decides in a hurry to either run or pass.

Unfortunately, he'll get away with that for the first year or two and then, just like the rest of the "run, pass" QBs - the NFL WILL catch up.

However, if I'm Reid and Jackson is there - grab him....

Shields68
04-24-2018, 11:00 AM
All these QB's are going earlier than they should be going and people really need to adjust their perceived value on these prospects.

Sure but you still have 6-7 different views that may control where the top 5 QB's are going to be going. Is it inconceivable that a team like the Giants may have Barkley ahead of all or all but one of the QB's on their draft board? Not everyone will adjust their thinking just because it looks like a run on the QB's at the top of this years draft.

BryanBusby
04-24-2018, 11:07 AM
Sure but you still have 6-7 different views that may control where the top 5 QB's are going to be going. Is it inconceivable that a team like the Giants may have Barkley ahead of all or all but one of the QB's on their draft board? Not everyone will adjust their thinking just because it looks like a run on the QB's at the top of this years draft.
If they have any RB ahead of the QB's on their board, with a 37 year old at QB, they are fucking retarded.

Teams have already adjusted their thinking on the QB's for every single draft. That's why you had long, serious discussions about a sack of dicks like Josh Allen possibly going #1 overall.

rtmike
04-24-2018, 01:15 PM
With so many QB needy teams I don’t think he’ll make the the 2nd round?
And I think LJs gonna be a better Pro than most think?

I’d love to see what Reid could do with him. Just not at this current time.

I’m curious who pulls a Washington and drafts 2 QBs in saaayyy....the first 2-3 rounds? Cleveland?

BWillie
04-24-2018, 01:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918110/article/andy-reid-scoffs-at-notion-lamar-jackson-should-change-position

"Yeah, I think you probably want to try it there (at quarterback) and see," Reid said. "He's pretty good. I would. I'd give that a whirl. I could handle that, yeah."

The talk of Jackson changing positions became a hot topic earlier this month when former Bills and Colts GM Bill Polian, an analyst for ESPN, suggested during an appearance on the Golic and Wingo show Jackson should move to wide receiver, citing size, explosiveness, athleticism, and what Polian perceived as his shortcomings in the accuracy department, as the main reasons for the move.

"Yeah, I'm not much on that," Reid said. "I want to bring him in. Let's exhaust that other thing that we know he's good at and see. I'm just saying in general. This is a general statement: Let's get him in and let him wing it a little bit and see how he does. We'll be able to fit some things in there I'm sure."

We all know Reid loves to take flyers on QBs in the draft, think Jackson will be yet another one?

just no

saphojunkie
04-24-2018, 01:27 PM
Yeah, it's not the 90's NFL... the RBBC and tricked up offenses are a lot different. Only a few teams really use a main grinder back.

Yeah, it's not 2012 NFL. Running backs who can carry it, catch out of the backfield, and pass protect on blitz pickups are more valuable than ever.

RB as 25 carry, between the tackle bulldozers are no longer the thing. Versatile backs who can create mismatches in the passing game without having to substitute are absolutely worth high first round picks.

Hunt, Cook, and Kamara are going to drive the cost of versatile backs up.

Gurley, Zeke, Fournette, McCaffrety, Bell, Hunt, Kamara, Cook, Mixon - don't kid yourself that RBBC is the new thing. There's been a big swing back the other way. That's like saying that centers are out of fashion in the NBA. Centers who can shoot from deep and guard the pick and roll are just more valuable.

Simply Red
04-24-2018, 01:27 PM

I’m curious who pulls a Washington and drafts 2 QBs in saaayyy....the first 2-3 rounds? Cleveland?

Interesting perspective

Simply Red
04-24-2018, 01:28 PM
just no

why?

rtmike
04-24-2018, 01:38 PM
Interesting perspective

I truly feel honored to have you responding to one of my posts Mr. Red.

You seem nice so it was only a matter of time.

Shields68
04-24-2018, 01:47 PM

Don't see Cleveland. Too many holes and Tyrod as the starter. Just not enough practice time to develop a third stringer.

Shields68
04-24-2018, 01:53 PM
If they have any RB ahead of the QB's on their board, with a 37 year old at QB, they are ****ing retarded.

Teams have already adjusted their thinking on the QB's for every single draft. That's why you had long, serious discussions about a sack of dicks like Josh Allen possibly going #1 overall.

Not sure it is retarded. The odds are that he will have a better career then 3 of the 4 QB's that are going to be drafted high. Sure fans want to win the lottery, but the GM could easily feel there a lot of over rated Paxton Lynch's types at the top of the QB class.

ThaVirus
04-24-2018, 03:36 PM
Drafted 21st overall but yeah it was an odd selection. Polarizing athlete though, 6'6, 240 pound and as you mentioned ran a 4.3 40 time. In 2008 he posted 761 yards receiving in 12 games before being suspended for violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

Damn, 21st. I was way off.

Glad someone else remembers him, though. Kind of an obscure name.

rtmike
04-27-2018, 01:18 AM

Well I was gonna bump this since everyone gets excited when their predictions are accurate. I came here to do the opposite and eat some crow but figured I better check draft results 1st, lol.

ChiefGator
04-27-2018, 07:36 AM
Well I was gonna bump this since everyone gets excited when their predictions are accurate. I came here to do the opposite and eat some crow but figured I better check draft results 1st, lol.

Yeah, moving into the 1st was a great move for Baltimore.. it gives them his rights for 5 years.. so they can really groom him without worrying about losing him a year or two after Flacco leaves.

vailpass
04-27-2018, 07:40 AM
Guy is dumb as a box of rocks with non-existent throwing mechanics. I"m not sure what Ozzie was doing with that pick other than maybe make a move that wasn't 100% strictly football related with his last NFL draft ever.

BryanBusby
04-27-2018, 07:51 AM
Ok thanks. Next caller!

vailpass
04-27-2018, 07:53 AM
Wonderlic scores for 2018 QBs
Josh Allen: 37
Josh Rosen: 29
Sam Darnold: 28
Baker Mayfield: 25
Lamar Jackson: 13

BryanBusby
04-27-2018, 08:00 AM
Tight.

Gotta really question that test when Allen is tops on it IMO

FringeNC
04-27-2018, 08:50 AM
Wonderlic scores for 2018 QBs
Josh Allen: 37
Josh Rosen: 29
Sam Darnold: 28
Baker Mayfield: 25
Lamar Jackson: 13

I was about to post that. That's a terrible score, especially in this era with agents telling the QBs to take it very seriously. Corresponds to an IQ of 80-85.

kccrow
04-27-2018, 12:41 PM
There's not really much correlation between wonderlic and success in the NFL although a good portion score over 20. Dan Marino only scored a 16, if that tells you anything.

vailpass
04-27-2018, 12:44 PM
There's not really much correlation between wonderlic and success in the NFL although a good portion score over 20. Dan Marino only scored a 16, if that tells you anything.

Dumb as a stump is dumb as a stump. Jackson is dumb as a stump.

kccrow
04-27-2018, 03:50 PM
Dumb as a stump is dumb as a stump. Jackson is dumb as a stump.

I'd certainly agree with this.

I think he's a bust as a QB. Carbon copy of Vince Young.

SAUTO
04-27-2018, 03:54 PM
Damn i thought rosen was really smart

FringeNC
04-28-2018, 02:34 PM

I think you can discount scores from back then. Not sure the players took it seriously. Scores tend to be much higher for QBs now.