PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Had a dream last night: The Chiefs had a first round pick

Pitt Gorilla
02-28-2018, 11:24 PM
When I looked to see who they drafted, the tracker said "Laurent Duvernay-Tardif." I was like, what? In the description, Veach talked about what a great person and how smart he was. They liked him so much, they drafted him again, only higher this time.

In round two? It was a name I didn't recognize, but the position said "H". I was like, WTF is H? Then I realized it stood for Holder. We drafted a freaking PK holder in round two. Suddenly, I preferred a punter or kicker or anything else.

I considered not posting this, but perhaps it's good to get all of the negative juju out now so that things will actually go well. You can certainly tell my subconscious mind isn't feeling great about our front office decisions...

cmh6476
02-28-2018, 11:26 PM
Everything is better when you smoke weed

Prison Bitch
02-28-2018, 11:27 PM
I usually dream about naked women

Simply Red
02-28-2018, 11:45 PM
I dreamt my father had a pet bear about a month ago - but my dreams are entirely nutty.

Pitt Gorilla
02-28-2018, 11:49 PM
I typically don't remember any of mine; this was so unsettling that it was an exception.

Best22
03-01-2018, 12:00 AM
I farted today

RealSNR
03-01-2018, 12:02 AM
Were you naked in this dream?

carcosa
03-01-2018, 12:22 AM

Whoa... check out the straight guy!!!!

patteeu
03-01-2018, 12:29 AM
We drafted a freaking PK holder in round two.

LMAO Quite a dream.

KCrockaholic
03-01-2018, 12:50 AM
http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/5c597eb60b/most-confused-gifs-on-the-internet

KCrockaholic
03-01-2018, 12:50 AM
I just want to smoke weed now. It's been a few months.

Willie Lanier
03-01-2018, 01:00 AM
I typically don't remember any of mine; this was so unsettling that it was an exception.

The dreams I remember usually revolve around purgatory, death, and heaven... And random people from my past.

Oh and every now and then I'll get one that seems like it was written by dr suess, just completely abstract.

threebag
03-01-2018, 01:04 AM
http://www.hipstercrite.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/ambien-walrus-adventure.gif

listopencil
03-01-2018, 03:37 AM
http://www.hipstercrite.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/ambien-walrus-adventure.gif

That's not true. I take Ambien and nothing funky ever happens. Well, almost an entire box of artificial sweetener did go missing last week. I went to go use some for my coffee and there were only two packets left out of 50. And I had just bought the box the day before.

listopencil
03-01-2018, 03:43 AM
When I looked to see who they drafted, the tracker said "Laurent Duvernay-Tardif." I was like, what? In the description, Veach talked about what a great person and how smart he was. They liked him so much, they drafted him again, only higher this time.

In round two? It was a name I didn't recognize, but the position said "H". I was like, WTF is H? Then I realized it stood for Holder. We drafted a freaking PK holder in round two. Suddenly, I preferred a punter or kicker or anything else.

I considered not posting this, but perhaps it's good to get all of the negative juju out now so that things will actually go well. You can certainly tell my subconscious mind isn't feeling great about our front office decisions...

By the way, the 'H' in your dream wasn't for 'holder.' It was the 'H' on the jersey of the Montreal Canadiens. Because you remembered that Duvernay-Tardif is Canadian and grew up in Montreal.

Red Dawg
03-01-2018, 05:02 AM
What the hell is going on? First round pick dreams?

InChiefsHeaven
03-01-2018, 06:13 AM
Perhaps it's time to you know...step away for awhile...

loochy
03-01-2018, 06:13 AM
Whoa... check out the straight guy!!!!

Dude, I am sooo straight that you wouldn't believe it. I only dream about naked chicks and I listen to Metallica and I drive a giant truck that I use to run over gay people at gay rallies.

listopencil
03-01-2018, 06:58 AM
Dude, I am sooo straight that you wouldn't believe it. I only dream about naked chicks and I listen to Metallica and I drive a giant truck that I use to run over gay people at gay rallies.

Monster trucks help charge up your JO crystal:

https://i.imgur.com/miVpphR.jpg

No homo of course.

bevischief
03-01-2018, 07:47 AM

This.

SuperBowl4
03-01-2018, 07:51 AM
Your idea of a happy ending?

Dave Lane
03-01-2018, 09:34 AM

You could have skipped the wo and been spot on.

Nzoner
03-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Perhaps it's time to you know...step away for awhile...

My first thought as well

wazu
03-01-2018, 09:40 AM

Such a manly prison bitch.

Beef Supreme
03-01-2018, 09:40 AM
That night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether, a floating spirit visiting things to come. The shades and shadows of the people in my life rassled their way into my slumber.

I dreamt that Gale and Evelle had decided to return to prison. Probably that's just as well. I don't mean to sound superior, and they're a swell couple of guys, but maybe they weren't ready yet to come out into the world.

And then I dreamed on, into the future . . . to a Christmas morn in the Arizona home where Nathan Junior was opening a present from a kindly couple who preferred to remain unknown.

I saw Glen a few years later, still having no luck getting the cops to listen to his wild tales about me and Ed. Maybe he threw in one Polack joke too many. I don't know.

And still I dreamed on . . . further into the future than I'd ever dreamed before . . . watching Nathan Junior's progress from afar, taking pride in his accomplishments, as if he were our own . . . wondering if he ever thought of us, and hoping that maybe we'd broadened his horizons a little, even if he couldn't remmeber just how they got broadened.

But still I hadn't dreamt nothing about me and Ed, until the end. And this was cloudier, 'cause it was years . . . years away . . . but I saw an old couple being visited by their children, and all their grandchildren, too. The old couple wasn't screwed up, and neither were their kids or their grandkids.

carcosa
03-01-2018, 10:09 AM

Damn!!!! That's straight as hell. I gotta have me one of these heterosexual wet dreams I keep hearing about!!!

BlackHelicopters
03-01-2018, 10:11 AM
I had a dream that the Chiefs hired Kim Anderson because he is a great guy and native son.

Randallflagg
03-01-2018, 11:39 AM
I had a dream that the Chiefs hired Kim Anderson because he is a great guy and native son.

Damn you guys have weird dreams. Last Night I dreamed that I was standing in a field in North Carolina (of all places) and that an EMP had just went off and everything came to a grinding halt....except for my 66 Mustang. No computers in it anywhere...

Then I woke up. Then it occurred to me - I had just finished reading the trilogy "One second after, one year after and the final day"

Weird...........

Damned Apocalyptic novels.....

raybec 4
03-01-2018, 02:15 PM
That night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether, a floating spirit visiting things to come. The shades and shadows of the people in my life rassled their way into my slumber.

I dreamt that Gale and Evelle had decided to return to prison. Probably that's just as well. I don't mean to sound superior, and they're a swell couple of guys, but maybe they weren't ready yet to come out into the world.

And then I dreamed on, into the future . . . to a Christmas morn in the Arizona home where Nathan Junior was opening a present from a kindly couple who preferred to remain unknown.

I saw Glen a few years later, still having no luck getting the cops to listen to his wild tales about me and Ed. Maybe he threw in one Polack joke too many. I don't know.

And still I dreamed on . . . further into the future than I'd ever dreamed before . . . watching Nathan Junior's progress from afar, taking pride in his accomplishments, as if he were our own . . . wondering if he ever thought of us, and hoping that maybe we'd broadened his horizons a little, even if he couldn't remmeber just how they got broadened.

But still I hadn't dreamt nothing about me and Ed, until the end. And this was cloudier, 'cause it was years . . . years away . . . but I saw an old couple being visited by their children, and all their grandchildren, too. The old couple wasn't screwed up, and neither were their kids or their grandkids.
Big points for Raising Arizona!

BlackHelicopters
03-01-2018, 02:16 PM

Good job, H.I.

RippedmyFlesh
03-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Don't know why this is a dream sounds like a nightmare to me.

listopencil
03-02-2018, 05:38 AM
Damn you guys have weird dreams. Last Night I dreamed that I was standing in a field in North Carolina (of all places) and that an EMP had just went off and everything came to a grinding halt....except for my 66 Mustang. No computers in it anywhere...

Then I woke up. Then it occurred to me - I had just finished reading the trilogy "One second after, one year after and the final day"

Weird...........

Damned Apocalyptic novels.....

I don't think that works unless your Mustang is a diesel.

Randallflagg
03-02-2018, 08:07 AM
I don't think that works unless your Mustang is a diesel.

Well, it was, after all a dream - but no. A gasoline engine will work just fine as long as there are no "chips" anywhere. Can't have any electronics (fuel injection) or it wouldn't run. Same thing with my old Harley. everything on it is "old style"....as well as my ATV. Not reason, other than it never cam standard. 2 years ago when I rode out to Colorado, I had to adjust the fuel injection on the fly at altitude.

Now my RAM 1500? It would be history, unfortunately. Shame, really. I LOVE that truck!

loochy
03-02-2018, 08:10 AM
Last night I had a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

listopencil
03-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Well, it was, after all a dream - but no. A gasoline engine will work just fine as long as there are no "chips" anywhere. Can't have any electronics (fuel injection) or it wouldn't run. Same thing with my old Harley. everything on it is "old style"....as well as my ATV. Not reason, other than it never cam standard. 2 years ago when I rode out to Colorado, I had to adjust the fuel injection on the fly at altitude.

Now my RAM 1500? It would be history, unfortunately. Shame, really. I LOVE that truck!

I was just looking at an article online that says the same thing you just did. That a lot of cars have shielding in them anyway and it would take a hell of an EMP to knock them out.

listopencil
03-02-2018, 05:32 PM
Last night I had a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Commie bastard.

Randallflagg
03-03-2018, 11:31 AM
I was just looking at an article online that says the same thing you just did. That a lot of cars have shielding in them anyway and it would take a hell of an EMP to knock them out.

Yeah, I don't know if it is shielding or what but I read (in those three novels) that cars, trucks etc that were built back in the 50's 60s and possibly early 70s - that had no electronics in them - straight combuston - wouldn't be affected by an EMP and would "most likely" keep running and would probably be "taken" if you were caught out on the roads or the trails.