PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Coach Herm Edwards Interview: Comments on Marcus Peters and Clark Hunt

T-post Tom
03-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Great takes from Coach....

<iframe src="https://omny.fm/shows/the-border-patrol/herm-edwards-58/embed" width="100%" height="180px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

SAUTO
03-01-2018, 05:58 PM
Transcript?

lcarus
03-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Quick paraphrase? Cant listen at the moment.

SAUTO
03-01-2018, 06:03 PM
Quick paraphrase? Cant listen at the moment.

Yeah im NOT listening to herm talk

banecat
03-01-2018, 06:07 PM
You play to win the game by not allowing your opponent to score more than seventeen points?

CoMoChief
03-01-2018, 06:48 PM
He was pretty much on point.

Calls out the NFL/media for making it a race issue (comparing Peters w/ Kelce), when it was clearly a Marcus Peters issue. Herm talks about the Hunts and the history of them drafting black players from black schools when it was frowned upon back in the 50s and 60s, when there was REAL racism in the United States. People in KC media, the assholes on 610 radio and the fuckstains at the Star don't even bother to take that into consideration.

Marcus Peters is an immature "emotional" jerk. His teammates may like him, fine. He may buy shoes groceries and run camps back at home for the poor, great that's awesome. But his job is a Chiefs CB, and if the coaching staff and you can't get along you're good as gone, the Chiefs weren't going to make him the highest paid CB in the NFL, and expect his behavior to improve. Travis Kelce does the same kind of shit on the field, but maybe he's not a dickhead Mon-Sat?? But Herm makes a point that Kelce could be next if he continues. Buuuuuut... Reid knows the Kelce family via his bro so theres a little more underlying connection there (makes it unlikely to happen IMO). That and the success of Mahomes relies more on Kelce than it does Peters lets be honest here that's just the way the cookie crumbles right now. May not be the case if Alex Smith was here and was only 26yrs old in his prime.

I guarantee you Marcus Peters was a pain in the ass at the practice facility Mon-Sat. He didn't get along w/ the coaches. That was known. He never got along w/ his college coaches either. That was known. He allegedly got into it w/ a coach on the team bus, and we've seen it on the sidelines. Peters and Reid might have gotten along just fine, we'll never know, but neither Reid or Peters is going to go on the air and blame the other for the Peters/Chiefs relationship. Sucks as a fan because we just generally care only about if the team wins, bottom line...and could care less about a player's/coach's relationship as long as they come to play on Sun. So, we're kind of he ones that suffer in all of this. I mean how many of us here are bummed as fuck that we won't be seeing a Peters/Fuller/Berry/*Armani Watts-Kyir White ballhawking secondary this year? The 2nd bad part of this is the bullshit compensation the Chiefs received in return. We sold off Peters for pennies on the dollar and will now have to spend a (probably an early) draft pick to replace him when it could have been used in one of the many positions Chiefs need help filling w/ quality talent. Oh well.
*These are 2 safeties I hope the Chiefs draft.

Supposedly only a few teams were interested. I really find that hard to believe, I dunno. We'll never know.

#BecauseChiefs #FactoryOfSadness

Chief Roundup
03-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Trade is not about talent but to the identity of the organization which starts at the top when it questions the identity. When actions don't align with the core of what the team stands for which comes from the Hunt family. They want a team that is respected not only in how they play but even when things don't go their way. That is something the Hunt family has as their highest standard. Peters actions have not been to that standard when the whistle has stopped blowing. He has crossed this line multiple times which makes him become the main subject of conversation which is not good.

Chief Roundup
03-01-2018, 07:15 PM
Doesn't believe it has anything to do with the Anthem.

SAUTO
03-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Doesn't believe it has anything to do with the Anthem.

Thats because it doesn't

Chief Roundup
03-01-2018, 07:25 PM
This is not a black and white thing. I know the Hunt family and Andy Reid and going down that road is the wrong road. If you think it is a black and white thing you need to look at history and see when they started this team. They went down to the "swack" to Grambling and got black players to play on this team.

In58men
03-01-2018, 07:31 PM
SMFH at those who think he was traded over the national anthem.

Just stop

SAUTO
03-01-2018, 07:32 PM

Just stop

You are 100 percent right for once

Chief Roundup
03-01-2018, 07:37 PM
Thinks it is a good move for the Chiefs and Peters. Peters has to get control of himself after the whistle or he will continue to have these problems and it will be worse in LA because he is going to be among the stars.
Mentions that the Hunts gave him his first job in the NFL that there was not job but they made a job for him. Says that when the NFL lost Lamar Hunt they lost one of the best owner in the league. He has given people of color opportunities that others would not give them so to make this about color is the wrong way to go.

big nasty kcnut
03-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Fuck Herm!

Kiimo
03-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Kelce knelt for the anthem if I remember. He also messed with refs and flags.

The reason he's still here is because he's coachable and reachable and they feel like he is improving. Peters must feel like a time bomb.

Coochie liquor
03-01-2018, 07:41 PM
He was pretty much on point.

Calls out the NFL/media for making it a race issue (comparing Peters w/ Kelce), when it was clearly a Marcus Peters issue. Herm talks about the Hunts and the history of them drafting black players from black schools when it was frowned upon back in the 50s and 60s, when there was REAL racism in the United States. People in KC media, the assholes on 610 radio and the fuckstains at the Star don't even bother to take that into consideration.

Marcus Peters is an immature "emotional" jerk. His teammates may like him, fine. He may buy shoes groceries and run camps back at home for the poor, great that's awesome. But his job is a Chiefs CB, and if the coaching staff and you can't get along you're good as gone, the Chiefs weren't going to make him the highest paid CB in the NFL, and expect his behavior to improve. Travis Kelce does the same kind of shit on the field, but maybe he's not a dickhead Mon-Sat?? But Herm makes a point that Kelce could be next if he continues. Buuuuuut... Reid knows the Kelce family via his bro so theres a little more underlying connection there (makes it unlikely to happen IMO). That and the success of Mahomes relies more on Kelce than it does Peters lets be honest here that's just the way the cookie crumbles right now. May not be the case if Alex Smith was here and was only 26yrs old in his prime.

I guarantee you Marcus Peters was a pain in the ass at the practice facility Mon-Sat. He didn't get along w/ the coaches. That was known. He never got along w/ his college coaches either. That was known. He allegedly got into it w/ a coach on the team bus, and we've seen it on the sidelines. Peters and Reid might have gotten along just fine, we'll never know, but neither Reid or Peters is going to go on the air and blame the other for the Peters/Chiefs relationship. Sucks as a fan because we just generally care only about if the team wins, bottom line...and could care less about a player's/coach's relationship as long as they come to play on Sun. So, we're kind of he ones that suffer in all of this. I mean how many of us here are bummed as fuck that we won't be seeing a Peters/Fuller/Berry/*Armani Watts-Kyir White ballhawking secondary this year? The 2nd bad part of this is the bullshit compensation the Chiefs received in return. We sold off Peters for pennies on the dollar and will now have to spend a (probably an early) draft pick to replace him when it could have been used in one of the many positions Chiefs need help filling w/ quality talent. Oh well.
*These are 2 safeties I hope the Chiefs draft.

Supposedly only a few teams were interested. I really find that hard to believe, I dunno. We'll never know.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe the Pats would have passed on him. Especially, given their draft position, and they surely want to make another run at a title this season. He would have added to their D and helped.

Urc Burry
03-01-2018, 07:46 PM
I never bought into the fact that Hunt forced him out. He signed off on Tyreek Hill, and half of our fan base lost their shit and he stuck by Dorsey on it

Best22
03-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Peters

Undisciplined at times
New York meltdown
Selective tackler
Allegedly said he didn't want to play here anymore

Bye bye

Hoover
03-01-2018, 08:00 PM
Shouldn’t Herm be talking about his new gig?

Chiefshrink
03-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I find it hard to believe the Pats would have passed on him. Especially, given their draft position, and they surely want to make another run at a title this season. He would have added to their D and helped.

Even Bellichek knows when to lay back off "hot garbage". Bellichek knows when to take chances on very talented punks and that is always after the NFL has humbled them. However the difference between Moss and Peters is that Moss is a very articulate intelligent person who just needed humbling and had the emotional intelligence to realize that a "bad attitude" of my way or the highway wasn't going to work and Bellichek seized on this. Peters on the other hand has very little emotional intelligence and yet to be really humbled and Bellichek knows this kid is a Lawrence Phillips in the making still, as does the rest of the league.

rabblerouser
03-01-2018, 08:04 PM
H

When Peters told every team in the league that he will only sign a long term deal with a West Coast Cali team, that pretty much guaranteed that we'd get dick in return.

The guy fucked us in the ass on his way out the door without even so much as the Goddamn common courtesy of a reacharound...

Fuck him.

Flying High D
03-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Shouldn’t Herm be talking about his new gig?

Herm ain’t got time for all that.

Chiefshrink
03-01-2018, 08:06 PM
I never bought into the fact that Hunt forced him out. He signed off on Tyreek Hill, and half of our fan base lost their shit and he stuck by Dorsey on it

Totally Agree. I think this move also was to protect PM2 as well so that he gets off to a great start and the last thing a young QB needs is severe distractions in the locker room.

rabblerouser
03-01-2018, 08:06 PM

Again, they would've given like a 5th rounder to have Peters for 2 years.

HE TOLD EVERY TEAM THAT HE WILL ONLY SIGN LONG-TERM WITH A CALIFORNIA TEAM ON THE WEST COAST.

NO TEAM WILL TRADE A HIGH RD PICK FOR A PLAYER WHO IS GUARANTEED TO BE GONE IN TWO YEARS.

dj56dt58
03-01-2018, 08:08 PM
Kelce knelt for the anthem if I remember. He also messed with refs and flags.

The reason he's still here is because he's coachable and reachable and they feel like he is improving. Peters must feel like a time bomb.

Kelce and all players knelt that one week to coddle the fucking black "suppressed" millionaire football players

rabblerouser
03-01-2018, 08:09 PM
Totally Agree. I think this move also was to protect PM2 as well so that he gets off to a great start and the last thing a young QB needs is severe distractions in the locker room.

Correct. He was never truly part of the team, and was never going to be part of the rebuilding nucleus of the core of this young team.

Best to get as much as we could for him.

In fact...a 2 and a 4 for a problem player who appears to be barreling towards multiple suspension's may turn out to be a deal in the end.

I don't hate it.

WhiteWhale
03-01-2018, 08:11 PM
I'm in a good mood. I can cope with Herm being... fucking Herman Edwards.

Can you believe there were people PROUD of having him as a coach?!

rabblerouser
03-01-2018, 08:11 PM

Just stop

Those dumbasses don't realize that they're the actual racists in that equation.

It's sad

Couch-Potato
03-01-2018, 08:19 PM
would have rather found the kid a psychologist rather than a new team. Havent heard any explanation yet that qualifies as sufficient imo.

Chiefshrink
03-01-2018, 08:19 PM
When Peters told every team in the league that he will only sign a long term deal with a West Coast Cali team, that pretty much guaranteed that we'd get dick in return.

The guy ****ed us in the ass on his way out the door without even so much as the Goddamn common courtesy of a reacharound...

**** him.

On the surface it sure looks this way, BUT unless this kid has a real come to Jesus moment he will be in for a true rude awakening in a year or two.

Even IF the Rams squeeze out a SB in the next 2yrs, preferably next year because of Peters contract with Peters being a choir boy; do you really think the Rams feel all that comfortable giving him a manure load of $, knowing his past baggage, living in LA, and the potential for him to slack off on the field even more because they already know he doesn't tackle when he thinks he will get hurt and IF he doesn't like the defensive scheme he pulls the passive/aggressive gig doing his own thing or nothing at all.

The Rams could very well say adios to MP IF they get their SB in the next 2 yrs, not wanting to risk giving this man/child a manure load of $$. Or MP will reject their contract extension because there are waaaaaaay too many checks/balances in the contract due to his past behavior and thus the guaranteed $$ is just not only high enough but too difficult to attain. And I believe the latter is probably more likely the scenario.

Chiefshrink
03-01-2018, 08:21 PM
would have rather found the kid a psychologist rather than a new team. Havent heard any explanation yet that qualifies as sufficient imo.

Chiefs already tried I assure you on this.;)

WhiteWhale
03-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Even Bellichek knows when to lay back off "hot garbage". Bellichek knows when to take chances on very talented punks and that is always after the NFL has humbled them. However the difference between Moss and Peters is that Moss is a very articulate intelligent person who just needed humbling and had the emotional intelligence to realize that a "bad attitude" of my way or the highway wasn't going to work and Bellichek seized on this. Peters on the other hand has very little emotional intelligence and yet to be really humbled and Bellichek knows this kid is a Lawrence Phillips in the making still, as does the rest of the league.

Lawrence Phillips?

Does Peters have some secret history of being a violent psychopath that I'm not aware of? How many women has he beaten up? Does he try to hit people with cars?

Peters has a bad attitude, but lumping him in with a violent psychopath is just wrong. I'm not sure if you KNOW that, but it is. In every way.

People can be assholes without being violence psychopaths.

cooper barrett
03-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Kneeling. riding bikes, during the anthem didn't help Peters position with the fans or the Hunts. Andy probably would have accepted it if it weren't for the 4 other major issues and the big move that earned him a week off and a loss of $76K.

IMHO The anthem activities were just one of the toes on the foot he tried shoving up Andy's ass. Luckily, Andy tackled is squarely instead of going for the turnover and getting fucked in the end.

rabblerouser
03-01-2018, 08:36 PM
Lawrence Phillips?

Does Peters have some secret history of being a violent psychopath that I'm not aware of? How many women has he beaten up? Does he try to hit people with cars?

Peters has a bad attitude, but lumping him in with a violent psychopath is just wrong. I'm not sure if you KNOW that, but it is. In every way.

He's slapped his mom, choked a coach in college, got kicked off his college team, and had an altercation with Dave Toub this past year.

Dude is a ticking time bomb. It's 2018; the days of covering that behavior up are over.

Sassy Squatch
03-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Dude doesn't need a psychologist. He needs to learn to stop being such a cunt.

cooper barrett
03-01-2018, 08:57 PM
He's slapped his mom, choked a coach in college, got kicked off his college team, and had an altercation with Dave Toub this past year.

Dude is a ticking time bomb. It's 2018; the days of covering that behavior up are over.

Proof source for 2 years from now when he signs with Cleveland? For a friend.

Buehler445
03-01-2018, 10:10 PM
FUCK Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards. I fucking hate that fucking guy.

However, I take no issue with what he said. And that's saying something.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Yeah im NOT listening to herm talk

Short-sighted on your part. Analysis of THIS kind is one of the few things Herm does well.
Would I endure a treatise on Herm's philosophy of Offense or Defense?
Unlikely.
Or perhaps Herm's breakdown on clock-management or the two-minute drill?
Nope.
But his take on the mental condition vs. team philosophy of a position he himself played professionally is fairly compelling.

Iowanian
03-01-2018, 10:19 PM
I don't care to have here back as head coach, but he'd be a hell of a guy to have live next door.

rabblerouser
03-01-2018, 10:43 PM
I'm in a good mood. I can cope with Herm being... ****ing Herman Edwards.

Can you believe there were people PROUD of having him as a coach?!

He's the defensive version of Andy Reid, imo.

If he'd had more than Damon "Chandler"Huard/"Brokedick" Brodie Croyle/Tyler "Gettin' Thiggy Widdit" Thigpen...say, an Alex Smith and an OC who knew how to attack a defense, we could have easily been a consistent winner in the reg season while losing in the playoffs to Indy/NE/Pit/Ten/et al.

Similar pros : great evaluators of talent, players genuinely seem to buy in and play great for them both, both of them are great motivators and are sound "X's and O's" guys.

Similar cons : both crawl in an offensive shell with a lead, both are terrible at situational football in regards to ingame decisions, and both are absolutely terrible at clock management, late in halves especially.

They're basically the same guy, (football-wise) except one is black and skinny, and the other is fat and white.

Chiefshrink
03-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Lawrence Phillips?

Reading comprehension here, I said, "in the making" meaning his sociopathic personality traits and extreme resistance to authority on top of immense immaturity are the foundation just like they were for Phillips.

Simply Red
03-01-2018, 10:58 PM
Dude doesn't need a psychologist. He needs to learn to stop being such a sociopath.

Simply Red
03-01-2018, 11:00 PM
Short-sighted on your part. Analysis of THIS kind is one of the few things Herm does well.
Would I endure a treatise on Herm's philosophy of Offense or Defense?
Unlikely.
Or perhaps Herm's breakdown on clock-management or the two-minute drill?
Nope.
But his take on the mental condition vs. team philosophy of a position he himself played professionally is fairly compelling.

Yeah I agree - I can handle small dosages of Herm. I definitely don't hate him - all in all he seems like he's a pretty fair person.

Buehler445
03-01-2018, 11:06 PM

If he'd had more than Damon "Chandler"Huard/"Brokedick" Brodie Croyle/Tyler "Gettin' Thiggy Widdit" Thigpen...say, an Alex Smith and an OC who knew how to attack a defense, we could have easily been a consistent winner in the reg season while losing in the playoffs to Indy/NE/Pit/Ten/et al.

Similar pros : great evaluators of talent, players genuinely seem to buy in and play great for them both, both of them are great motivators and are sound "X's and O's" guys.

Similar cons : both crawl in an offensive shell with a lead, both are terrible at situational football in regards to ingame decisions, and both are absolutely terrible at clock management, late in halves especially.

They're basically the same guy, (football-wise) except one is black and skinny, and the other is fat and white.

You’re dumb. Or you aren’t remembering Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards.

I know this is going to derail which is a shame because he actually had insightful things to say and I’ve been through this a million times with Zilla who still white knights the fraud, but my fuck this is a horrible take.

First his talent evaluation was hot fucking garbage. Sure he hit on a few guys. But so did Pioli and so did Vermiel and they are widely regarded as shit drafters (they are). And Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards turned over far more of the roster so he had far more opportunities to find good players. Once the roster became full of his players the team was fucking shit. Go look at his final roster. It is pure unadulterated shit. And most of those guys are second and third stabs at a position.

That also tosses out you’re he’s have been competitive point. The guys he picked couldn’t fucking play.

Herm wasn’t a great motivator. His teams were motherfucking soft. All over the fucking place. And when Thigpen would miraculously get a lead. They’d blow it. And when it got bad nobody was out there playing for pride. Blowfish would talk every week about the body language on the sidelines and how it was obvious the whole team mailed it in.

Your point about Xs and Os is a joke. Reid actually dials up good plays and can attack defenses. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards hasn’t called a play in his professional career. That’s no shit.

Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards didn’t crawl into a shell when he got a lead. He got out of bed in a shell. He actually believed scoring points was bad. Remember the arena football coment? Remember the we won’t need to score 40 points a game comment?

The biggest difference though is that Reid runs a professional organization. He largely keeps his players in line, there isn’t massive fucktardery because Herm doesn’t understand football. Moreover there is execution. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards couldn’t understand all the shifts Reid makes in any given play. Much less coach guys how to defend it.

Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards is a joke and a fraud. While Reid is far from perfect he at least is a coach with some positive attributes.

Al Bundy
03-01-2018, 11:11 PM
I bet I know what Buehler's copy and paste says.

Buehler445
03-01-2018, 11:14 PM
I bet I know what Buehler's copy and paste says.

Nope typed it out each time. On my phone.

It used to autocorrect Squirmin when I’d type S-q but I must have typed something to make it not correct to it anymore.

Al Czervik
03-01-2018, 11:56 PM
I agree with Buehler.....I fucking hated Herm as our coach.
If the Chiefs won, it was "Me" or "I"....
If they lost, it was "they"......

And now hearing all this "Coach" shit on 810...
KK is such a weasel....He badmouthed Herm all the time when he was coaching the Chiefs.
Now he cant suck his dick long enough when Herm comes on his show.....

DaNewGuy
03-01-2018, 11:59 PM
Even if he's right , herm Edwards can suck the fattest aids infested dick he can find, seriosuly **** herm Edwards

SuperBowl4
03-02-2018, 07:02 AM
Im so happy AS and MP are gone effective March 14th! GO CHIEFS!!:clap:

rico
03-02-2018, 08:38 AM
Dude doesn't need a psychologist. He needs to learn to stop being such a ****.

He needs Chiefshrink... how ignorant of the Chiefs to not bring Chiefshrink in to help Peters!!!

SuperBowl4
03-02-2018, 08:47 AM
I was at ARROWHEAD for Herm's first home game as the CHIEFS HC. Trent Green got knocked out with a concussion against the Bengals. It was all down hill from there.

Messier
03-02-2018, 09:12 AM

I don't agree. Herm could never win as consistently as Reid. He had no staying power. Edwards was a really good talent evaluator. He's closer to Dorsey than he is to Reid.

Buehler445
03-02-2018, 09:16 AM
I don't agree. Herm could never win as consistently as Reid. He had no staying power. Edwards was a really good talent evaluator. He's closer to Dorsey than he is to Reid.

He was abso fucking lutely not a good talent evaluator. Sure he had some nice picks but you or I could roll in there with as many picks as they had and come up with a couple players.

I implore you. Go back and look at that 08 roster. It was full of guys that flat couldn’t play. AND HE PICKED THEM.

Messier
03-02-2018, 09:17 AM
I think one of the factors for getting rid of Peters is, you don't want him to become a leader on the defense. The longer he's there, the more likely it is he becomes someone the younger players look to. That's a bad idea.

Al Czervik
03-02-2018, 09:31 AM
I think one of the factors for getting rid of Peters is, you don't want him to become a leader on the defense. The longer he's there, the more likely it is he becomes someone the younger players look to. That's a bad idea.

Good Point....

Anybody questioning the move of Peters and why we did it and when we did it, has never played organized sports or coached them.
What we got for Peters also proves out that point.

raybec 4
03-02-2018, 09:37 AM
He was abso ****ing lutely not a good talent evaluator. Sure he had some nice picks but you or I could roll in there with as many picks as they had and come up with a couple players.

I implore you. Go back and look at that 08 roster. It was full of guys that flat couldn’t play. AND HE PICKED THEM.

WHAAAAAT? You could win a championship with Tank and Turk as defensive stars!

Dunerdr
03-02-2018, 09:49 AM

Aren't they parting ways with butler for far less?

Lzen
03-02-2018, 11:09 AM

Slapped his mom and choked a coach in college? Where did you get this info? Serious question. I had not heard those things.

Lzen
03-02-2018, 11:21 AM
I have said many times that I actually find myself agreeing with a lot of what Herm says when I hear him on the radio. And that's saying something since I hated him as the Chiefs coach. Herm was just an example of the Peter Principle. He could probably coach a secondary, perhaps even a defense, but he had no business being the head coach.

Rain Man
03-02-2018, 11:56 AM
I have said many times that I actually find myself agreeing with a lot of what Herm says when I hear him on the radio. And that's saying something since I hated him as the Chiefs coach. Herm was just an example of the Peter Principle. He could probably coach a secondary, perhaps even a defense, but he had no business being the head coach.

I think there's a lot of truth in this.

cooper barrett
03-02-2018, 12:08 PM
I think there's a lot of truth in this.

Almost an umbrella statement about most Chiefs HCs

bricks
03-02-2018, 02:28 PM
I agree with what Herm is saying in how Peters is a distraction and doesn’t blend into the identity of the organization. Hate him or not, he has some very good points.

Attitude is equally if not more important than many other attributes a player possesses. It just goes to show; that you could have all the skill or talent in the world but if your attitude sucks and serves as a distraction/problem for any company or organization that you work for, you’re out the door before you know it.

This Marcus Peters situation is an example that applies to anything in life. Sometimes a bad attitude gets the best of people and thus triumphs over skill set or talent. I believe that 100%!

SAUTO
03-02-2018, 02:38 PM
Slapped his mom and choked a coach in college? Where did you get this info? Serious question. I had not heard those things.

he didnt slap his mom. he DID choke a coach in college. theres articles about it.

Buehler445
03-02-2018, 05:24 PM

Tampon 2 is garbage, man. He’s topped out at coaching DBs.

chiefscafan
03-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Ok I'm not a fan of Herm but he brings up some good points

chiefscafan
03-02-2018, 06:35 PM
When I think bout the whole Peters situation I'm wondering if there is more to this than what's on the surface.

We don't know what he was like behind closed doors we only know what happened on the field. Maybe there is more to it than we know or will ever know.

I just know what I saw and while a talented player I can't get an image out of my head.

It was against chargers last year in LA. He got called for holding and he flipped out. I don't remember what play or when in the game it happened or if it was even televised. I was there live and watched several teammates try to calm him down and him pushing them away. Finally Houston grabbed him and told him to calm down. I love the passion but it was a holding call you gotta control yourself.

This is the image in my head makes me wonder if there is more to the situation like I said earlier than we may ever know.

BlackHelicopters
03-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Herm. Fist your mother.

Jimkcchief88
03-02-2018, 07:44 PM
I love Herm, but not with anything Chiefs related. It’s classic “house******” crap to grab someone black to co-sign your BS. Herm better not say anything or he will never coach a day in AZ. The white basketball coach can get caught on a FBI wiretap paying players and keep his job. Herm knows better. A young Marcus Peters learned a lesson he isn’t allowed to wild out like a white All-pro(Travis Kelce) and keep his job on Chief.

stumppy
03-02-2018, 08:01 PM
I love Herm, but not with anything Chiefs related. It’s classic “house******” crap to grab someone black to co-sign your BS. Herm better not say anything or he will never coach a day in AZ. The white basketball coach can get caught on a FBI wiretap paying players and keep his job. Herm knows better. A young Marcus Peters learned a lesson he isn’t allowed to wild out like a white All-pro(Travis Kelce) and keep his job on Chief.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

cooper barrett
03-02-2018, 08:34 PM

Peters has a big ass shit easting grin on his face right now. He has everything he wants today, if he is still a short sighted idiot during the next two years he will be playing in dark room playing Maddon 20.

I think from his interview on Monday, he now has a life coach, not sure of it, but I think so.

Herm can suck donkey dick. AZ is going to poison his food if he doesn't set the world on fire by year 2.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Yeah I agree - I can handle small dosages of Herm. I definitely don't hate him - all in all he seems like he's a pretty fair person.

Sometimes....he seems nice.

He needs Chiefshrink... how ignorant of the Chiefs to not bring Chiefshrink in to help Peters!!!

LMAO

We want the players to be sane....not the opposite.

Fishpicker
03-02-2018, 11:59 PM

my word. that's ****ugly. what an awful thing to say

displacedinMN
03-03-2018, 07:48 AM
Not listening to that fool.
Shouldn't he be trying to get students to be attracted to his team?
And not like Devils?

Jimkcchief88
03-04-2018, 04:37 PM
my word. that's ****ugly. what an awful thing to say

Truth hurts

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-04-2018, 04:53 PM
I get the feeling that Peters is one of those guys who won't EVER own his shit. There's always an excuse, and it's always someone else's fault.

WhiteWhale
03-04-2018, 08:46 PM
Truth hurts

It's not the truth that hurts, because you're not supplying any.

It's the painful levels of stupid you're emitting.

dj56dt58
03-04-2018, 09:24 PM
I get the feeling that Peters is one of those guys who won't EVER own his shit. There's always an excuse, and it's always someone else's fault.

idk..he seems to own up to it and take responsibility..at least on camera. He just doesn't learn from it. Marcus reminds me of those Dave chappele (I believe), "When keepin it real goes wrong" skits

COchief
03-04-2018, 09:52 PM

MP is gone because he was an intolerable jackass who wasn't worth the trouble or risk, just like Manziel. By all means keep telling yourself that it's skin color holding you down, because Obama wasn't elected twice by millions and millions of white people for the highest position in our country or anything. If whitey doesn't give a shit about that, he probably ain't keeping you from that job at McDs.

Truth hurts

Jimkcchief88
03-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Uhhhh....I have a job and it ain’t at McDonald’s. No disrespect to anyone that works there. So am I supposed to forget that my father served on a board to help desegregate the KC school system???? And that was in the 80’s not the 60’s??? And am I supposed to forget my car breaking down in college by the KC airport and having a supposed “Good Samaritan” speed off when they saw I was Black???? And the real good Samiritan at a small gas station in Gladstone(who happened to be white) that helped me. And he told me” I ain’t from around here so I don’t believe in prejuditism???? Just the fact you assumed I don’t have a job says everything. On chief I’m sitting at work right now:)

Hydrae
03-05-2018, 10:47 AM

When was the last time Kelce had a fight with his coordinator during the game on the sidelines. Or reports of him fighting on the team bus with a coach he does work under (Toub)? Kelce ever leave the field and go to the locker room while a game was underway?

Sorry, this is not about race. I am sorry you have had some bad experiences related with race but do not let that color how you view everyone and everything around you.

mabbott
03-05-2018, 02:19 PM
When was the last time Kelce had a fight with his coordinator during the game on the sidelines. Or reports of him fighting on the team bus with a coach he does work under (Toub)? Kelce ever leave the field and go to the locker room while a game was underway?

Sorry, this is not about race. I am sorry you have had some bad experiences related with race but do not let that color how you view everyone and everything around you.

^^^^ this

Jimkcchief88
03-05-2018, 02:25 PM

So we all just imagined Kelce take his towel and chuck it at the official. All in our collective imagination like the Holocost. If MP would have done the same, probably would have been led off the field in handcuffs and charged with assault. You mention all the bad stuff MP did, why don’t you watch interview with Eric Berry on the topic. It’s YouTube. All you guys think MP was some lockeroom psycho. EB had no problem with MP. Eric Berry mentions how he wishes people saw what MP did in the community. How MP emptied his Addidas account to buy school shoes for kids. There are always two sides to every story.

Hydrae
03-05-2018, 03:06 PM
So we all just imagined Kelce take his towel and chuck it at the official. All in our collective imagination like the Holocost. If MP would have done the same, probably would have been led off the field in handcuffs and charged with assault. You mention all the bad stuff MP did, why don’t you watch interview with Eric Berry on the topic. It’s YouTube. All you guys think MP was some lockeroom psycho. EB had no problem with MP. Eric Berry mentions how he wishes people saw what MP did in the community. How MP emptied his Addidas account to buy school shoes for kids. There are always two sides to every story.

I completely agree, the on field actions of both are poor at times. They both obviously have issues with authority and have a hard time letting stupid calls go when there is really nothing they can do to change anything. And I am sure they both do great things off the field as well. If I take a cynical look at that I would say that of course they do, it is a tax write off against the huge amount of income they have. But I am not aware of any reports about Kelce fighting with his boss (DC, or in his case OC).

I will never change your opinion or how you look at the world around you which is too bad. When you go immediately to expecting MP to be treated differently and attribute it solely to skin tone, I have nothing I can to change that. Hopefully you will eventually grow to the point where you can see the world a little more positively and not automatically look at all events with the expectation of a negative outcome. Most all of us have the same goals and hopes for ourselves and our loved ones, regardless of where we came from or who our parents are.

Sorry, getting off my soapbox now.

Jimkcchief88
03-05-2018, 04:53 PM
I completely agree, the on field actions of both are poor at times. They both obviously have issues with authority and have a hard time letting stupid calls go when there is really nothing they can do to change anything. And I am sure they both do great things off the field as well. If I take a cynical look at that I would say that of course they do, it is a tax write off against the huge amount of income they have. But I am not aware of any reports about Kelce fighting with his boss (DC, or in his case OC).

I will never change your opinion or how you look at the world around you which is too bad. When you go immediately to expecting MP to be treated differently and attribute it solely to skin tone, I have nothing I can to change that. Hopefully you will eventually grow to the point where you can see the world a little more positively and not automatically look at all events with the expectation of a negative outcome. Most all of us have the same goals and hopes for ourselves and our loved ones, regardless of where we came from or who our parents are.

Sorry, getting off my soapbox now.

I can take that. A boss told me a long time ago communication leads to understanding. It’s just amazing to me that two guys exhibit similar behavior, one rewarded and is the face of the organization, the other is jettisoned like yesterday’s trash. And it’s easier to replace an All-Pro TE than a CB. I must have watched “Do the Right Thing” once to many times. As Kim Basinger said in original Batman:” I wish I could be one of the shiny, happy people.” To which Micheal Keaton replies:”it’s not a perfect world.” My rose colored glasses fell off my face years ago and I’m almost 50, so they ain’t coming back. Bottomline is I’m super disappointed in our franchises treatment of a young brother. The AFL was founded by Lamar Hunt and was the league that gave chances to small, black college players that the NFL wouldn’t. Clark Hunt never learned that lesson and our team is worse because of it. Now I’m off my soapbox as well.