PDA

View Full Version : Life Speeding ticket

TambaBerry
03-06-2018, 06:15 AM
I got a speeding ticket going 75mph in a 65mph zone, not a work zone. Is it true that in kansas it is reported as a non moving violation? So, it won't be sent to my insurance?

TambaBerry
03-06-2018, 06:19 AM
http://www.kscourts.org/dstcts/6trafficfinecostsched.pdf

03-06-2018, 06:20 AM
Far as I know, all speeding tickets are reported to insurance unless you pay the extra fee to keep it away from insurance.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-06-2018, 06:43 AM
I got a speeding ticket going 75mph in a 65mph zone, not a work zone. Is it true that in kansas it is reported as a non moving violation? So, it won't be sent to my insurance?

DUMBASS!

DaNewGuy
03-06-2018, 06:51 AM
I know long john silvers is good dude but you wanna get there in one piece

Cow Pollinator
03-06-2018, 07:00 AM
In the state of Kansas, it is considered a non-moving violation and will not affect your insurance. If you are a resident of Kansas, you are fine. What I don’t know is if you live in Missouri, or wherever, it’s possible it gets reported to that state. Probably not a good explanation, but the long and short is if you live in Kansas nothing will change.

TambaBerry
03-06-2018, 07:19 AM
In the state of Kansas, it is considered a non-moving violation and will not affect your insurance. If you are a resident of Kansas, you are fine. What I don’t know is if you live in Missouri, or wherever, it’s possible it gets reported to that state. Probably not a good explanation, but the long and short is if you live in Kansas nothing will change.

thanks brother, i currently do live in kansas

Rasputin
03-06-2018, 07:23 AM
Two weeks ago I got a written warning for going 75 in a 55;;

threebag
03-06-2018, 07:26 AM
11 over is the magic number

https://media1.tenor.com/images/cf53f90dc0d310caa819f0fa7c7a3cca/tenor.gif?itemid=4884607

Dunit35
03-06-2018, 07:29 AM
I only stop people for going 11 or more over. Then if you’re not being a dick, I’ll reduce it to 10 and it saves you $50 upfront and doesn’t get reported on your drivers license. That’s in Oklahoma though.

chinaski
03-06-2018, 07:42 AM
One thing about California is the freeways, when they move, are like a rally race. I frequently drive 20 over on the way to our mountain cabin, and I get passed like I am standing still.

loochy
03-06-2018, 08:03 AM
How is driving too fast NOT a moving voilation? LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

BlackHelicopters
03-06-2018, 08:10 AM
My last ticket was a 113 in a 35. Got it reduced to driving with defective equipment.

loochy
03-06-2018, 08:12 AM
My last ticket was a 113 in a 35. Got it reduced to driving with defective equipment.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FpabN2yt84Q" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted via Mobile Device

BlackHelicopters
03-06-2018, 08:20 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FpabN2yt84Q" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you have to keep reminding me I am a criminal? I know I am. Can’t stay out of trouble. You are a great poster, but these subtle mind games are uncalled for.

loochy
03-06-2018, 08:21 AM
Do you have to keep reminding me I am a criminal? I know I am. Can’t stay out of trouble. You are a great poster, but these subtle mind games are uncalled for.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h_D3VFfhvs4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TambaBerry
03-06-2018, 08:25 AM
How is driving too fast NOT a moving voilation? LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

per a kansas amendment

loochy
03-06-2018, 08:34 AM
per a kansas amendment

There's ol Kansas not making any sense
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
03-06-2018, 08:37 AM
I've got speeding tickets reduced to "defective equipment" in Missouri and Florida. You have to pay a lawyer $100 bucks but it doesn't go on your driving record or to the insurance company.

I know in Florida if you get caught going over 100 mph they can take you to jail and tow your car.

Gravedigger
03-06-2018, 08:49 AM
You have to pay double fine to get it to a non-moving violation. You have to make a court date, show up at the court date, talk to the prosecutor and tell them you are there to double pay the fine. Then pay the clerk double the ticket amount. That'll keep it off your record. I did it when I was 16 and just recently 18 years later for running a stop sign on a poorly lit side street, only two tickets I've gotten in my life.

BigRedChief
03-06-2018, 08:59 AM
You have to make a court date, show up at the court date, talk to the prosecutor and tell them you are there to double pay the fine.I've done the defective equipment thing 4 times and never had to go to court. Paid the normal fines and court costs. Both in Missouri and Florida. What state are you in?

SuperBowl4
03-06-2018, 09:37 AM
I only stop people for going 11 or more over. Then if you’re not being a dick, I’ll reduce it to 10 and it saves you $50 upfront and doesn’t get reported on your drivers license. That’s in Oklahoma though.Keepitreal?

LoneWolf
03-06-2018, 09:38 AM

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/styles/cd_large/public/views-article/bullshit.jpg?itok=FjaoVbFZ

Gravedigger
03-06-2018, 09:43 AM
I've done the defective equipment thing 4 times and never had to go to court. Paid the normal fines and court costs. Both in Missouri and Florida. What state are you in?

Kansas, where the OP got his ticket and I got both of mine.

When I was 16 I didn't need to go into court to request the ability to double pay the ticket. This past year I did at 34 for running a stop sign. Just saying what my experience was back in October. Both times I had to double pay to keep the ticket off my insurance/record.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-06-2018, 10:46 AM
I only stop people for going 11 or more over. Then if you’re not being a dick, I’ll reduce it to 10 and it saves you $50 upfront and doesn’t get reported on your drivers license. That’s in Oklahoma though.

If you were the OST that I blew past going 105 on I35 in 2001 I salute you and apologize.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-06-2018, 10:48 AM
http://www.kscourts.org/dstcts/6trafficfinecostsched.pdf\

If you read this, it caps out at 70, so if you are on I-70 where speed limit is 75 and get busted, this doesn't apply...

Rasputin
03-06-2018, 10:52 AM
You must be black because I'm white and didn't get a ticket 75 in a 55.

Isn't that how it works? Quit dwb

Randallflagg
03-06-2018, 11:12 AM

I got a ticket in a rental car in Denver 3 years ago. I was going 57 in a 55. The cop tells me that "as long as I didn't request a court date and paid the fine - it would be a non moving violation"

I didn't say anything except "OK" and left...riding down the road I thought "What the hell...I WAS moving or I wouldn't have gotten a ticket!"......

The only ticket I had ever gotten before that was in 1983. I had just bought a 5.0 Mustang GT and was driving from Dallas back to Fort Hood. Texas State Trooper clocked me at 117 miles per hour. He had the same car (as I did) as his patrol. We stood on the side of the road and shot the shit for about an hour - car talk.

Gave me a ticket for going 90 in a 60 mile an hour zone. Otherwise, he would have had to take me to jail. Seems like I paid like $70 for the ticket.....

DaneMcCloud
03-06-2018, 11:52 AM

In late 2015, I received a ticket, my first in more than 30 years, for a "rolling stop" less than .2 miles from my home.

A motorcycle officer was hiding on an adjacent hillside. He even noted that I was only going 5 miles an hour when approaching this stop sign (speed limit is 15 mph). I didn't do a "Full and Complete Stop" but I did do a stop for 3 seconds.

There were no cars or pedestrians in front of me or behind me. I couldn't believe it when he pulled me over and gave me a ticket. I've lived in my neighborhood for 15 years and and had gone through that stop at least 8,000 times.

The ticket cost me $375 dollars, Traffic School was another $29.95 and there was a processing fee of $15 dollars, all to keep it off my record.

BlackHelicopters
03-06-2018, 01:14 PM
https://www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/styles/cd_large/public/views-article/bullshit.jpg?itok=FjaoVbFZ

Doubt if you will. Tis true. It’s all about who you know. And it’s all about how fast your Corvette can go.

Dunit35
03-06-2018, 01:27 PM
If you were the OST that I blew past going 105 on I35 in 2001 I salute you and apologize.

Nah. I’ve only caught one person going over 100. Some idiot on a crotch rocket doing 108 in a 35. I say he’s an idiot because he actually stopped for me when he could’ve easily outrun me and got away. He got his license suspended for it.

Bugeater
03-06-2018, 01:45 PM
In late 2015, I received a ticket, my first in more than 30 years, for a "rolling stop" less than .2 miles from my home.

A motorcycle officer was hiding on an adjacent hillside. He even noted that I was only going 5 miles an hour when approaching this stop sign (speed limit is 15 mph). I didn't do a "Full and Complete Stop" but I did do a stop for 3 seconds.

There were no cars or pedestrians in front of me or behind me. I couldn't believe it when he pulled me over and gave me a ticket. I've lived in my neighborhood for 15 years and and had gone through that stop at least 8,000 times.

The ticket cost me $375 dollars, Traffic School was another $29.95 and there was a processing fee of $15 dollars, all to keep it off my record.
Similar thing happened to me a few years ago, 12:30 at night...think it was on a Wednesday...in November. As if there was going to be somebody out walking their dog. It was towards the end of the month so I'm assuming he was just out to meet his quota. There's no other explanation for it.

jjchieffan
03-06-2018, 05:33 PM
I always drive 9-10 over and get left alone. Today, I got pulled over in West Siloam Springs, OK. Cop claimed I was 11 over and wrote me a ticket. I called to find out about no points. They told me to just pay within 30 days and it won't go on my record. I didn't have to pay extra thankfully. $185 was too much to start with.

Mecca
03-06-2018, 05:54 PM
We took a road trip down to Galveston, headed through Joplin and into Oklahoma..that highway there's like no speed limit signs for hours I literally wondered allowed if Oklahoma had no speed limits, everyone was flying I think at one point I was over 100. Luckily no tickets for it.

DaneMcCloud
03-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Similar thing happened to me a few years ago, 12:30 at night...think it was on a Wednesday...in November. As if there was going to be somebody out walking their dog. It was towards the end of the month so I'm assuming he was just out to meet his quota. There's no other explanation for it.

Yeah, mine was at 12:05pm as I was heading over to pick up my youngest at preschool.

I contacted the captain at the Hollywood Division, because it was fucking bullshit, especially since we have people driving 100 mph up and down my street all the time in Ferrari's and Lambo's, yet no tickets.

He told me the cop wasn't even a Hollywood cop but a West Hollywood cop, not even assigned to my local division.

Such bullshit.

jjchieffan
03-06-2018, 06:52 PM
There are 2 kinds of police. Real police that protect and serve. Then there are the pigs that sit along the highway, stealing money from hard working non criminals just traveling from point a to point b, not hurting anyone.

Spott
03-06-2018, 07:13 PM
If you have a CDL, cops will give you a ticket every chance they get no matter how nice you are. They know it really screws CDL drivers over by giving them a ticket for meaningless bs, yet they enjoy sticking it to the working man whenever they get the opportunity.

GloryDayz
03-06-2018, 07:21 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v0KpfrJE4zw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AssEaterChief
03-06-2018, 11:34 PM
I always drive 9-10 over and get left alone. Today, I got pulled over in West Siloam Springs, OK. Cop claimed I was 11 over and wrote me a ticket. I called to find out about no points. They told me to just pay within 30 days and it won't go on my record. I didn't have to pay extra thankfully. $185 was too much to start with.

"9 you're fine, 10 you're mine"

Lzen
03-07-2018, 11:11 AM

What's the world coming to when you can't even do a California roll in California?

Lzen
03-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Doubt if you will. Tis true. It’s all about who you know. And it’s all about how fast your Corvette can go.

If it is true then you're a jack ass.

Dayze
03-07-2018, 12:07 PM
I got one on my sport bike probably 10 years ago going 42 in a 35; and I was the 2nd to last vehicle in a line of probably 8 other cars traveling in unison on a 2 lane 35mph curvy road in a industrial park. from the time I was pulled over to the time I was on my way, was about 8 minutes. Scanned my license in his car, and my 'ticket' looked like a receipt from Best Buy.

sad thing is, I was nearly at work; and once at work I could look out my window and see the cop sitting in his spot. He probably pulled over about 15 people in the span of 2 hours. My ticket was pretty steep if I recall...maybe like $150-175-ish? So, multiply that by the number of cars he pulled over; then multiply that by the number of cops on shift. They probably got word they had to get some money to pay for their new militarized Tahoe's.

That ticket is the only ticket I've ever had since 1994. I was cool with the cop; but he was a total dick. said probably 4 words to me; just bam bam, here's your ticket. I asked about the fact I was in a line of cars, so what about their tickets - he didn't say a single word. Just handed me my ticket. I said something courteous like "thanks, have a good one", no response - just got into his car.

Though, Lenexa PD are notorious within the sportbike community as being major Dbags; I've lived here 90% of my life and they were dicks each time I've ever interacted with them since I was a kid; regardless of 'why' I was interacting with them lol. My brothers, friends, my dad ...all can't stand Lenexa PD.

At the time of that ticket, Lenexa was notorious for harrassing sportbikes (following people for miles all through out the city, or simply issuing tickets of course). They made it pretty clear they did not want sportbikes in their city at all. In fact, it was a huge reason why I sold my 08 CBR600RR in 2011. I couldn't even ride within the city and not have a Lenexa cop bang a u-turn and start following me everywhere.

Bearcat
03-07-2018, 12:16 PM
I love Arizona, cops don't seem to give a shit at all about speeding unless you're being crazy. I don't speed around town, just on the interstates and to keep up with Phoenix traffic... didn't get pulled over very often in KS/MO, but they at least expect you to slow down, heh.

Lex Luthor
03-07-2018, 12:20 PM

Every jurisdiction is different. I'm sure there are a lot of knowledgeable people on Chiefsplanet, but if I had a ticket for going 75 mph and I wanted to make sure I didn't get a moving violation, I'd pose that question to an attorney who gets paid to take care of these things. It's typically $100 plus the cost of the ticket, but it's a lot cheaper than watching your insurance premiums go up.