PDA

View Full Version : Football Tyrod Taylor to Cleveland

dlphg9
03-09-2018, 05:08 PM
Don't want to embed on phone. Just came across my NFL mobile app. Taylor for pick 65.

ModSocks
03-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Early reports have the #65 pick as compensation.

Dorsey gets his athletic game manager.

BryanBusby
03-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Gave up the Eagles original 2nd rounder.

Bills gonna make a powerplay in the draft for a QB.

E: derp off one slot, top of 3rd

jaa1025
03-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Nice move for them as a stop gap while they draft QB with their first. Got their WR and now an lesser Alex Smith type QB.

Rain Man
03-09-2018, 05:12 PM
Events continue to pave the way for Denver to pick up Cassel as their starter.*

* - Credit to ClevelandBronco for the idea.

KChiefs1
03-09-2018, 05:14 PM
Early reports have the #65 pick as compensation.

Dorsey gets his athletic game manager.

1st pick in the 3rd round.

Gravedigger
03-09-2018, 05:15 PM
Trying to recreate the Chiefs with Alex theme. It'll get the fans interested as long as they're winning.

New World Order
03-09-2018, 05:16 PM

He's better than what they have right now

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Well, I guess that seals it: They're taking a QB early.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Assuming they also take a QB, any of their trash worth a look (Kizer, Hogan or Kessler)?

The Franchise
03-09-2018, 05:34 PM
Assuming they also take a QB, any of their trash worth a look (Kizer, Hogan or Kessler)?

I'd kick the tires on Kizer. But I'm a homer....so what do I know?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2018, 05:34 PM
Whoopty doo. He's trash.

-King-
03-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Good move. Tyrod starts for a year or 2 and they groom a young QB in the meantime
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
Whoopty doo. He's trash.

He won 9 games for a team last year that should have won 10 games.

He's also the best starting QB the Browns have had since the 90's.

He'll be a fine placeholder.

Chief Northman
Dumb and dumber.

Taylor is worse than Kizer.

Hue Jackson is a moron and no qb genius.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Kizer makes sense to me. Ensures that we have a very cheap QB room, and also gives him the best chance to maximize his own talent. He’s already gifted, so if you can get the most out of it then that’s a really good backup.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2018, 05:37 PM
The trade for Taylor might signal that they've identified Baker Mayfield as their guy.

Similar style QB, athletic and mobile, similar build and height.

The Franchise
03-09-2018, 05:39 PM
The trade for Taylor might signal that they've identified Baker Mayfield as their guy.

Similar style QB, athletic and mobile, similar build and height.

Barkley at #1 and Mayfield at #4.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Nice deal for Buffalo. Hilarious that they passed on Mahones due to having that turd though ROFL

saphojunkie
Dorsey is doing work. That roster is gonna be unrecognizable.

DaneMcCloud

That makes the most sense, unless the Giants want Mayfield, which would be an odd fit, IMO, with Shurmur's WCO offense.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2018, 05:42 PM

That would be a smart plan actually

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-09-2018, 05:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Packers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Packers</a> have traded for QB DeShone Kizer. From the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a> to Green Bay.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/972256154565955584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 9, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
03-09-2018, 05:44 PM
That makes the most sense, unless the Giants want Mayfield, which would be an odd fit, IMO, with Shurmur's WCO offense.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants went Quentin Nelson. They need to protect Eli and that offensive line fucking sucks. Norwell and Nelson would go a long way to help.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2018, 05:45 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Packers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Packers</a> have traded for QB DeShone Kizer. From the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a> to Green Bay.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/972256154565955584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 9, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lulz

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2018, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants went Quentin Nelson. They need to protect Eli and that offensive line fucking sucks. Norwell and Nelson would go a long way to help.

They've needed to improve their offensive line in what seems like forever but if they go that route, they might not be in a position to take a QB in the Top 5 for a few years, unless Eli falls apart and Davis Webb is awful.

That's a tough call.

-King-
03-09-2018, 05:55 PM
Dumb and dumber.

Taylor is worse than Kizer.

Hue Jackson is a moron and no qb genius.

In what way is tyrod worse than kizer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2018, 06:23 PM

That would be my plan

Easy 6
03-09-2018, 06:34 PM
If Jackson can put a cohesive system together, Taylor is a good nab, a solid bridge player for them

He is actually very Alex Smith-like, doesnt throw many touchdowns... but wont **** you with a bunch of picks, either

Chief Roundup
03-09-2018, 07:16 PM

As much as I understand this, I just don't think it makes the most football sense. Teams can get a Kareem Hunt or Alvin Kamara in the mid rounds. You cannot get a Bradley Chubb in the mid rounds.

KChiefs1
03-09-2018, 07:29 PM
There is a lot of wild rumors out there about Cleveland right now. The funniest one I saw was Dorsey trading for Mahomes & giving the Chiefs the 4th pick this year & next year’s first rounder.

Gotta love the internet.

SAUTO
03-09-2018, 08:04 PM
There is a lot of wild rumors out there about Cleveland right now. The funniest one I saw was Dorsey trading for Mahomes & giving the Chiefs the 4th pick this year & next year’s first rounder.

Gotta love the internet.

Where are you seein these?

Easy 6
03-09-2018, 08:13 PM
That rumor and a nickel wont buy a damn thing

ChiefsCountry
03-09-2018, 08:15 PM
Cleveland is going to trade with Denver.

SAUTO
03-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Cleveland is going to trade with Denver.

For?

O.city
03-09-2018, 08:17 PM
Sashi set them up and Dorsey is like a damn atm

Abba-Dabba
03-09-2018, 08:20 PM
If Jackson can put a cohesive system together, Taylor is a good nab, a solid bridge player for them

He is actually very Alex Smith-like, doesnt throw many touchdowns... but wont **** you with a bunch of picks, either

It isn't Hue Jackson's offense. It is Todd Haley's offense. I think Todd Haley will have Taylor, Gordon, Landry, Johnson, Njoku in the endzone a lot more than people will expect. He will come out of it all as part of CLE savior to winning ways. Hue Jackson will be fired and Haley will become a HC again. And end up winning a SB.

Life is strange like that/

chiefzilla1501
03-09-2018, 09:17 PM
Sensational move for the browns. They don't need a franchise qb. They need a reasonably priced qb who can hold make the browns look not embarrassing until the QB they draft is ready. In tyrod, they get that plus he has some slight upside to maybe surprise some people in a better system.

If they draft Barkley and bring in one guard or tackle, crazy to say it, but that offense will be pretty loaded.

Chiefnj2
03-09-2018, 09:39 PM
What is Buffalo going to do for a veteran QB?

iDeaL
03-09-2018, 10:15 PM
The Browns will now probably draft Saquon Barkley at 1 and then take another young QB at 4. Thats a serviceable QB with a potential stud RB and a couple good WRs with Landry and Gordon. The O line is already decent and they have some young talent on D. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us at Arrowhead in the playoffs while Dorsey is still the GM.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2018, 10:35 PM
I don't see the point of wasting draft capital on a 1-year placeholder. They could have just as easily bought someone and used the pick on one of their numerous holes.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2018, 11:00 PM
I don't see the point of wasting draft capital on a 1-year placeholder. They could have just as easily bought someone and used the pick on one of their numerous holes.

The genious of John Dorsey

Chief Northman
03-09-2018, 11:01 PM

Agreed.

I don’t get what everyone sees in Taylor. He was atrocious in the playoff game at Jacksonville. His accuracy is terrible, he holds onto the ball too long, and is not a great decision maker.

Easy 6
03-09-2018, 11:06 PM
It isn't Hue Jackson's offense. It is Todd Haley's offense. I think Todd Haley will have Taylor, Gordon, Landry, Johnson, Njoku in the endzone a lot more than people will expect. He will come out of it all as part of CLE savior to winning ways. Hue Jackson will be fired and Haley will become a HC again. And end up winning a SB.

Life is strange like that/

True, I'd forgotten Haley was the OC now...

Dude is easy to hate around these parts, but he'll probably whip that offense into shape

ChiefsCountry
03-09-2018, 11:18 PM
For?

Denver to #1 pick and Cleveland down to Denver spot.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-09-2018, 11:21 PM
Nice move for them as a stop gap while they draft QB with their first. Got their WR and now an lesser Alex Smith type QB.

How the fuck is that even possible?

banecat
03-09-2018, 11:25 PM
What is Buffalo going to do for a veteran QB?

Matt Cassel?

chiefzilla1501
03-10-2018, 01:46 AM

The browns can't afford to walk into next season and sell their fans a promise of yet another first round developmental qb. Dorsey would get run out of town. This is a pretty perfect move. They need a stable vet qb but they also need someone who can be replaced in maybe two years. This move gives them the license to draft a #1 or #4 qb without resting your entire hopes on that qb.

The browns have had 25-ish qbs since 2000. That's pretty bad. Taylor isn't a superstar but he's the best qb they've had since Kosar and it's not even close. That tells you how desperate Cleveland is for qb stability. If the browns win 6 games, their fans will do cartwheels.

saphojunkie
03-10-2018, 02:08 AM
It's what he did in KC, on an expedited basis. Stop the hemorrhaging of losses. Have capable QB play, inject talent, and plan for the future. The Cleveland plan is great. You'd have to commit serious $ for Bradford. Taylor is the perfect answer for them. Get your 7 wins, stop being a laughing stock, but don't invest so much that it cripples your future.

chiefzilla1501
03-10-2018, 02:29 AM
It's what he did in KC, on an expedited basis. Stop the hemorrhaging of losses. Have capable QB play, inject talent, and plan for the future. The Cleveland plan is great. You'd have to commit serious $ for Bradford. Taylor is the perfect answer for them. Get your 7 wins, stop being a laughing stock, but don't invest so much that it cripples your future.

I totally agree. It's one of the reasons I thought they should have traded for Alex Smith. It's less about the investment. It's more about having a guy they don't have to commit to for more than 2 years. Unlike Alex Smith when we traded for him, the browns want a guy they can easily replace in 2-3 years. That's why cousins was a terrible option. Too mediocre a qb to justify passing on a top 5 qb pick.

Bradford would have been fine. But the browns don't need yet another vet qb who can't stay healthy to save his life. I thought the browns should have made a move for keenum or Bridgewater, but this move makes just as much sense.

oldman
03-10-2018, 08:24 AM

I agree, too. I don't think Smith would have been a good option due to the cash he would've wanted. As previously mentioned, Taylor isn't going to cost them an arm and a leg (or maybe just an arm) while they groom their draft pick and he will win more games than the last 3 seasons combined. They have to win back their fans.

I must've been taking a nap, but when did Haley become OC there?

TEX
03-10-2018, 11:52 AM
I agree, too. I don't think Smith would have been a good option due to the cash he would've wanted. As previously mentioned, Taylor isn't going to cost them an arm and a leg (or maybe just an arm) while they groom their draft pick and he will win more games than the last 3 seasons combined. They have to win back their fans.

I must've been taking a nap, but when did Haley become OC there?

Last month...

RippedmyFlesh
03-10-2018, 02:22 PM

The only thing I see about buying someone is that you may be committing to that guy longer. Taylor puts off a decision for a bit but not a long time. You are right at this point draft picks are way more valuable than cash which they have a ton at their disposal. I would buy any position but qb unless you are convinced he is the guy.

BryanBusby
03-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Way too early to speculate on Tyrod being a one year starter.

MahiMike
03-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Dorsey sticking to the game plan - get your starter and draft another.

Rausch
03-11-2018, 06:52 AM
Dorsey sticking to the game plan - get your starter and draft another.

They'll likely get their Alex Smith and Mahomes in the same offseason...

Why Not?
03-11-2018, 07:34 AM

I won't be shocked if it's more than 7. With a capable QB, those WR and add Barkley? The defense has some good pieces and can be improved further. Don't be shocked if the Browns pull an 0-16 to WC berth.

Note: Not an official prediction. Just sayin'

Rausch
03-11-2018, 08:01 AM
I won't be shocked if it's more than 7. With a capable QB, those WR and add Barkley? The defense has some good pieces and can be improved further. Don't be shocked if the Browns pull an 0-16 to WC berth.

Note: Not an official prediction. Just sayin'

The plan is great until Dorsey reaches for "developmental/project/combine commando's" in the 1st and 2nd rounds...

jjchieffan
03-11-2018, 09:06 AM
How the **** is that even possible?

This is why we voted you the dumbest poster on Chiefsplanet. You're Smith hate is over the top. He wasn't Tom Brady by any means. But you can certainly do worse. Tyrod Taylor is definitely worse.

RealSNR
03-11-2018, 12:01 PM
The plan is great until Dorsey reaches for "developmental/project/combine commando's" in the 1st and 2nd rounds...

It's hard to do that when you have the high draft picks Dorsey does. He won't be taking very many SPARQ-heavy dudes with the early picks, I imagine.

Now NEXT year and beyond, however, is a much different story...

rabblerouser
03-11-2018, 12:37 PM

Supposedly McDaniels wanted Casshole in 2009.

Here we are, 9 years later...

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2018, 02:49 PM
This is why we voted you the dumbest poster on Chiefsplanet. You're Smith hate is over the top. He wasn't Tom Brady by any means. But you can certainly do worse. Tyrod Taylor is definitely worse.

I contend that you can NOT "do worse", as Smith is the epitome of the 1/2-in, 1/2-out QB; good enough to make far too many idiots buy in, bad enough to never deliver.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2018, 02:50 PM
Supposedly McDaniels wanted Casshole in 2009.

Here we are, 9 years later...

Holy shit if that were to happen it would be the greatest thing to ever happen to the game of football.

JakeF
03-11-2018, 04:13 PM
^^^^^^

Taylor is significantly worse. Dorsey was running out of options and he grabbed a guy who can run for his life when the offense is shit. I imagine picking up Taylor instead of someone better means that Cleveland will definitely pick a QB at #1 or #4. They need to increase the chance that the QB they draft will takeover the starting job sooner rather than later.

Josh Allen's main issue is footwork, that can be fixed. He is also mobile enough to do the things that Dorsey likes. The question is whether or not Dorsey thinks that Allen will be there at #4.

-King-
03-11-2018, 05:18 PM
^^^^^^

Taylor is significantly worse. Dorsey was running out of options and he grabbed a guy who can run for his life when the offense is shit. I imagine picking up Taylor instead of someone better means that Cleveland will definitely pick a QB at #1 or #4. They need to increase the chance that the QB they draft will takeover the starting job sooner rather than later.

Josh Allen's main issue is footwork, that can be fixed. He is also mobile enough to do the things that Dorsey likes. The question is whether or not Dorsey thinks that Allen will be there at #4.

Which available QB other than cousins is a better option than Taylor?
Posted via Mobile Device