PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos DL Adam Gotsis arrested for rape

wazu
03-12-2018, 02:34 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Adam Gotsis arrested for an alleged rape in college <a href="https://t.co/1PKmsBeW2G">https://t.co/1PKmsBeW2G</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/973294064400510977?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RealSNR
03-12-2018, 02:43 PM
Howdy, Knowmo...

jdubya
03-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Horse face Elway drafting beautifully yet again

Randallflagg
03-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Here we go!!

vailpass
03-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Probably just a little snuggle struggle that she suddenly realized she wasn't 100% into five years later.

alanm
03-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Not trying to defend him, but that was a long time ago. Don't know the statue of limitations in Georgia. Sounds like someone trying to file under the wire.

alanm
03-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Probably just a little snuggle struggle that she suddenly realized she wasn't 100% into five years later.Money grab? Better to file a civil suit.

Marcellus
03-12-2018, 02:52 PM
2013? Really?

wazu
03-12-2018, 02:53 PM
Here’s what I don’t get, from the Broncos statement:

“no determination has been made at this time as to whether any charges will be filed.”

How the hell does someone get arrested and released on $50,000 bond if no charges are filed?

alpha_omega
03-12-2018, 02:53 PM
2013? Really?

My first thought as well.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Here’s what I don’t get, from the Broncos statement:

“no determination has been made at this time as to whether any charges will be filed.”

How the hell does someone get arrested and released on $50,000 bond if no charges are filed?

since he plays for the Broncos it's allowed and Elway is informing the police about how things work in Denver

stumppy
03-12-2018, 02:57 PM
I'm sure V.Miller can point him towards a Bail Bondsman and criminal def. att.

vailpass
03-12-2018, 02:58 PM
Money grab? Better to file a civil suit.

I honestly don't know how it works there. But five years?

If he did it I hope they throw the book at him.

If he didn't I hope they throw the book at her.

Rain Man
03-12-2018, 03:00 PM
When you lose Aqib Talib's locker room presence, things go downhill fast.

JohnnyHammersticks
03-12-2018, 03:15 PM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/FRykRG0esJU6k" width="480" height="247" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/FRykRG0esJU6k">

TEX
03-12-2018, 03:33 PM

ROFL

New World Order
03-12-2018, 03:34 PM
Knowmo will issue an official statement shortly.

BleedingRed
03-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Uh 2013?

Chiefshrink
03-12-2018, 03:37 PM
The "me too" movement hitting the NFL for sure. And IF this sticks watch for a "plethora" of women to come out and accuse many more NFL players.:shrug:

RealSNR
03-12-2018, 04:25 PM
Guys, the dude was fucking ARRESTED for this shit.

You don't get arrested for some random woman claiming she was raped 5 years ago unless she's got a mound of evidence to throw out for a warrant.

This isn't Louis CK bullshit. This is real rape. It's a serious charge.

"Five years ago?"

It's fucking rape, and he was arrested. It could have been FIFTY years ago. Evidence is evidence.

He'll get his day in court. He might not be guilty. But it's not a bunch of feminism crap. This shit would have been treated the same way decades ago.

DaFace
03-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Not trying to defend him, but that was a long time ago. Don't know the statue of limitations in Georgia. Sounds like someone trying to file under the wire.

15 years

New World Order
03-12-2018, 04:35 PM
Guys, the dude was ****ing ARRESTED for this shit.

You don't get arrested for some random woman claiming she was raped 5 years ago unless she's got a mound of evidence to throw out for a warrant.

"Five years ago?"

It's ****ing rape, and he was arrested. It could have been FIFTY years ago. Evidence is evidence.

He'll get his day in court. He might not be guilty. But it's not a bunch of feminism crap. This shit would have been treated the same way decades ago.

Yep. These aren't just allegations.

They have legit evidence.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-12-2018, 05:09 PM
He now just raped knowmos innocence

CaliforniaChief
03-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Totally off topic here, but what's the status on Kareem Hunt and that incident in Cleveland? Is that done?

vailpass
03-12-2018, 05:17 PM

"Five years ago?"

It's ****ing rape, and he was arrested. It could have been FIFTY years ago. Evidence is evidence.

There is no evaluation or presentation of evidence at this point. There was an incident report filed. Gotsis turned himself in to signify he'd cooperate with the investigation. He maintains his innocence.
5 years is a long time to wait to decide you've been raped and that you now need to go after a pro athlete.

vailpass
03-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Yep. These aren't just allegations.

They have legit evidence.

Whay evidence have you seen?
They have an incident report.
Don't spread rumors out of a knee jerk reaction.

Randallflagg
03-12-2018, 05:41 PM

"Five years ago?"

Yes, it is a serious charge and this douche is innocent until proven guilty. My only problem with a lot of these charges is that (often times) it never goes to court. The lady makes a charge and the guy is guilty in the court of public opinion.

My only concern is if it indeed, it was rape, why the hell wait 5 years to pursue a case?

Too often these days a "charge" is made and the guy loses his career and his livelihood and then it just disappears.

DaFace
03-12-2018, 05:45 PM
My only concern is if it indeed, it was rape, why the hell wait 5 years to pursue a case?

There are dozens of possible reasons ranging from embarrassment to coercion. Doesn't make him innocent any more than the arrest makes him guilty.

Sassy Squatch
03-12-2018, 05:51 PM
They don't arrest people 5 years after the fact for no good reason.

DaFace
03-12-2018, 05:54 PM

No, but they do arrest people on reasonable suspicion without conclusive evidence. It's likely that there's some sort of incident here, but it'll be a while before we really know beyond that.

Randallflagg
03-12-2018, 06:14 PM
There are dozens of possible reasons ranging from embarrassment to coercion. Doesn't make him innocent any more than the arrest makes him guilty.

Never said that it does. But it does make the claimant look a little "ridiculous". Look, I realize that women are raped all the time. I get it, I really do. However, the best way to pursue a case is IMMEDIATELY after it happens. A rape kit. Formal charges.

Waiting for 5 years almost makes it look like "Hey! I know that guy! Wait...he and I got it on in College....now he is in the NFL....Hmmmm.....Payday? Maybe?"

Not saying that is the case - but a Defense Attorney might have a field day with that. Especially if she chose NOT prosecute 5 years ago.

Quesadilla Joe
03-12-2018, 06:16 PM
According to a release from the Atlanta police department, a woman told their investigators that she went to a party with Gotsis on March 9, 2013 after meeting him through a mutual friend. At that time Gotsis was playing for Georgia Tech in Atlanta.

She says that he took her home after the party and raped her, according to the release.

Atlanta police say that the woman reported the alleged rape February 1, 2018.

A warrant for Gotsis' arrest was issued on March 7, 2018 and he turned himself in on the same day, according to the release.http://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/crime/broncos-player-arrested-for-rape/73-527897983

lcarus
03-12-2018, 06:20 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XrKb2TTy2ik" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass
03-12-2018, 06:28 PM

Incorrect . You don't need to present proof to make an accusation.

An incident report alleging rape was filed. The accused turned himself in to signify cooperation then was released on bail.
Accusation and denial, that is all there is at this point.

Look here to see the incident report. Notice no injury is alleged, only penetration.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/police-broncos-de-adam-gotsis-charged-with-rape-1823710870/amp

rydogg58
03-12-2018, 06:38 PM

An incident report alleging rape was filed. The accused turned himself in to signify cooperation then was released on bail.

Look here to see the incident report. Notice no injury is alleged, only penetration.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/police-broncos-de-adam-gotsis-charged-with-rape-1823710870/amp

Well...duh. Nobody is alleging he beat the shit out of her and THEN raped her. Just that he raped her.

Mile High Mania
03-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Sad if true... would suck if this is a #metoo inspired thing. Wonder what evidence exists?

kysirsoze
03-12-2018, 06:43 PM

Uh. He turned himself in after they issued a warrant for his arrest. They issue those for for 5 year old allegations without evidence ya think?

threebag
03-12-2018, 06:53 PM
There is no evaluation or presentation of evidence at this point. There was an incident report filed. Gotsis turned himself in to signify he'd cooperate with the investigation. He maintains his innocence.
5 years is a long time to wait to decide you've been raped and that you now need to go after a pro athlete.

Something smells fishy

Dayze
03-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Bet she wishes Triplette was there to stop his forward progress.

threebag
03-12-2018, 06:55 PM

50k bond? Something smells fishy

arrwheader
03-12-2018, 07:20 PM

These things tie up forever in legal system. Could now just have been processed for it. Lawyers can delay these things for years in hopes the victim gets tired of it hanging over their heads and also to make any witnesses forget details. The justice system is completely fucked.

Marcellus
03-12-2018, 07:32 PM

"Five years ago?"

What "real" evidence exist 5 years later? Please do tell.

Marcellus
03-12-2018, 07:33 PM

LMAO

arrwheader
03-12-2018, 07:43 PM
The article doesn’t provide much info. I bet there’s more to it. They are just trying to get the story out there but they get shit wrong all the time. She could have tried to file charges back then but the cops didn’t do anything until she got evidence back. Dna and blood test take a long time, over a year depending on the city. They could have just waited to charge him until they had the evidence.

Oh and yea they aren’t arresting someone with out substantial evidence on something like this.

Rain Man
03-12-2018, 07:45 PM
There's no way Gotsis will be convicted. He can point at the Broncos' run defense against the Chiefs as clear proof that he can't wrap someone up and bring them down.

New World Order
03-12-2018, 07:45 PM

I don't think bail is set at 50k for people with just incident reports.

Is it? Serious question.

New World Order
03-12-2018, 07:46 PM

Gold!

LMAO

New World Order
03-12-2018, 07:47 PM
There's no way Gotsis will be convicted. He can point at the Broncos' run defense against the Chiefs as clear proof that he can't wrap someone up and bring them down.

Well, what if it was Von?

BryanBusby
03-12-2018, 07:48 PM
I don't think bail is set at 50k for people with just incident reports.

Is it? Serious question.
Bail was probably set in relation to his salary.

Gonna wait and see what evidence there is to this one.

Pitt Gorilla
03-12-2018, 07:51 PM
Sexual assaulters are often victims of sexual assault themselves. This might actually be Mahomes’ fault.

Rain Man
03-12-2018, 07:52 PM
Well, what if it was Von?

Good question, but I'd expect Von to have her killed afterwards.

Or maybe that's why it took five years. She was in hiding.

arrwheader
03-12-2018, 07:54 PM
She accused, they arrest. Bail is set on nature of crime, past record, etc. Detectives go to DA with the case. The DA decides whether or not there is enough evidence to win the trial. If not likely hes released and no charges filed.

KChiefs1
03-12-2018, 08:23 PM

LMAO

RealSNR
03-12-2018, 09:03 PM
What "real" evidence exist 5 years later? Please do tell.

What kind of "real" modern American justice system gets a report from somebody about an event from 5 years ago and they arrest him based SOLELY on the report?

There's gotta be more to it than, "That guy raped me 5 years ago."

Again. They ARRESTED him. There are some pretty heinous accusations that people get accused of on here. Why the hell aren't they arrested?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Damn y'all are some bitter fucks.

GayFrogs
03-12-2018, 09:32 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XrKb2TTy2ik" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I posted this same video to someone saying "statue of limitations" like 3 months ago ROFL