PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs offense 2018, best skills players in the league?

Couch-Potato
03-18-2018, 09:46 PM
Which teams have the most dangerous offensive arsenals? How do think our new Chiefs offense we stack up against them?

CoMoChief
03-18-2018, 09:47 PM
Who cares.

Win a home playoff game for once.

Couch-Potato
03-18-2018, 09:58 PM
I was trying to compare our guys to the Steelers and was curious what others thought.

Chief Northman
03-18-2018, 10:06 PM
Who cares.

Win a home playoff game for once.

Yup. Paper champs.
Time to show up.

Simply Red
03-18-2018, 10:07 PM
I was trying to compare our guys to the Steelers and was curious what others thought.

need to see it on the field to be sure - but so far it's top 3 I'd imagine.

New World Order
03-18-2018, 10:11 PM
We have the best offensive personnel in the NFL

CoMoChief
03-18-2018, 10:12 PM

What the Chiefs are on paper doesn't matter. Paper Tigers lose to the Titans at home the last 3 meetings, including a giving up a 21-3 lead in the playoffs. That's what paper tigers will give you.

You can live out fantasies on Madden with all of the playmakers you want, but in real life, this franchise shits its pants in Jan.

Hopefully Mahomes changes that.

I think the Chiefs have the potential to score a lot of points on offense. I think Mahomes will have his ups n downs, I also think the Chiefs will give up a shit load of pts too and we're looking at a 9-7 season at best.

It's a soft rebuilding year. 2019 this team should make a serious run to the SB.

But we also have the Marty 2.0 as a HC come Jan ....we'll see.

chinaski
03-18-2018, 10:18 PM
If all goes according to plan, we will win the Stanley Cup this year I think. Maybe even the World Series.

Direckshun
03-18-2018, 10:28 PM
How long is Tyreek under contract?

I believe we've got two more years of him before we have to sign him long term, correct?

If so, this core of studs is on the field the next two years.

Beef Supreme
03-18-2018, 11:16 PM
The rams game should be interesting. Our hypothetical unstoppable offense vs their hypothetical immovable defense.

Chief Northman
03-18-2018, 11:28 PM
The rams game should be interesting. Our hypothetical unstoppable offense vs their hypothetical immovable defense.

If Suh signs there, the Rams D-line will annihilate our O-line and Mahomes will be on the endangered list.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-19-2018, 02:27 AM
Bob Sutton cancels everything out

Danguardace
03-19-2018, 03:33 AM

I believe we've got two more years of him before we have to sign him long term, correct?

If so, this core of studs is on the field the next two years.

He can get a new deal after this season I believe.

kcxiv
03-19-2018, 04:17 AM
Yup. Paper champs.
Time to show up.

Well all we can do is talk about it right now. Season is a few months away still. I want them to win as much as the next fan, but you cant make time go by any faster.

CupidStunt
03-19-2018, 06:04 AM

Kelce is a huge equalizer. Steelers don't have anyone in the same galaxy as him. Based on age I certainly wouldn't trade our group. For a game tomorrow? Ehhh, it's close - with QB play being equal of course. Big Ben has made Juju look better than he is while Watkins' QBs have only ever made him look worse.

Based on cap figures it's probably also not close. Hunt is how many times cheaper than Bell?

CupidStunt
03-19-2018, 06:05 AM
Yup. Paper champs.
Time to show up.

We are legitimately loaded on offense and equally shit on defense. In the past it's been more "ehh we should be decent." And I wouldn't account any past failures on Mahomes. We just need to prove something while Reid is HC. Hopefully Mahomes is the guy to do that while Smiff wasn't.

MahiMike
03-19-2018, 07:56 AM
Chargers favorite to win division according to NFL morning show.

Couch-Potato
03-19-2018, 08:02 AM
Big Ben
Bell
Brown
Ju-Ju
M Bryant
James

Mahomes
Hunt
Watkins
Hill
Conley
Kelce

...Might be that we're only more talented at TE & WR2 than Pitt currently. Anyone else out there with this kind of firepower?

RunKC
03-19-2018, 08:02 AM
We have more stars, but teams like the Bears have more shear volume than we do.

Shaheen, Howard, Cohen + Robinson, Burton, Gabriel. That’s not counting Kevin White, Cameron Meredith and Dontrell Inman as their depth behind all those guys. They are the most loaded offense in the league depth wise.

I really think that at the end of next season, people are going to say “damn Trubisky and Mahomes are going to be monsters for the next 15 years”.

BigRedChief
03-19-2018, 08:03 AM
If all goes according to plan, we will win the Stanley Cup this year I think. Maybe even the World Series.Well played sir, well played. :clap:

BigRedChief
03-19-2018, 08:15 AM
The more important contract is Mahomes's. It's a given that the Chiefs will take Mahomes 5th year option.

We have 4 years left before we lose $35-$50 million in cap space to keep our QB. We need to push the cap as far as we legally can during this time. It's going to be our easiest time to win a Super Bowl because in 5 years a cap space limitation will hinder our ability to pay other players their current worth.

Chiefshrink
03-19-2018, 06:33 PM

Oh Peters is movable because he will move himself out of the way of Hunt.:D

AR will have fun in Mexico going after his arse for sure.:thumb:

BossChief
03-19-2018, 10:25 PM
The more important contract is Mahomes's. It's a given that the Chiefs will take Mahomes 5th year option.

We have 4 years left before we lose $35-$50 million in cap space to keep our QB. We need to push the cap as far as we legally can during this time. It's going to be our easiest time to win a Super Bowl because in 5 years a cap space limitation will hinder our ability to pay other players their current worth.

Mahomes will get the biggest contract in the history of the league when it’s due.

Milk the cheap years while we can.

Couch-Potato
05-21-2018, 07:59 AM
Ok, dust has settled a bit...so who has better skill players than the Chiefs?

-Stealers?
-Rams?
-Eagles?
-Pats?
-Chargers?
-Jags?

What do you think?

ChiefGator
05-21-2018, 08:23 AM
Ok, dust has settled a bit...so who has better skill players than the Chiefs?

-Stealers?
-Rams?
-Eagles?
-Pats?
-Chargers?
-Jags?

What do you think?

Who have the Rams added? Just Brandin Cooks, who New England and the Saints have moved on from? They are still weak at tight end, and weak after WR1.

Eagles and Steelers are good comparisons to the Chiefs though.

sedated
05-21-2018, 08:34 AM

We have 4 years left before we lose $35-$50 million in cap space to keep our QB.

If he puts up numbers anywhere close to what CP expects, PMII could theoretically hold out after 2019. That and guys like Tyreek will want a new deal about that time. And injuries.

Only 2 years guaranteed in my mind. But I guess that's life in the NFL.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-21-2018, 09:29 AM
Bears ROFL ROFL ROFL

bigjosh
05-21-2018, 09:29 AM
If he puts up numbers anywhere close to what CP expects, PMII could theoretically hold out after 2019. That and guys like Tyreek will want a new deal about that time. And injuries.

Only 2 years guaranteed in my mind. But I guess that's life in the NFL.I cant think of any quarterbacks holding out in recent memory

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

BleedingRed
05-21-2018, 10:23 AM
Who have the Rams added? Just Brandin Cooks, who New England and the Saints have moved on from? They are still weak at tight end, and weak after WR1.

Eagles and Steelers are good comparisons to the Chiefs though.

I've been saying it for months Ram's are going 8-8. They lost a pro-bowl rusher, added two Great CB's....

On offense, they have weak WR's and no TE and a good RB. (QB is up in air but I don't see it)

49ers are getting better
Seahawks are getting younger (we will see)
Cardinals are a unknown.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-21-2018, 10:40 AM
I don’t know that I’ve seen an offensive unit as purely gifted as the Chiefs right now in quite some time. Maybe ever if Mahomes is the star we hope he is. And they complement each other so well. We have stars from sideline to sideline, with a RB who is as hard to tackle as anyone in football and will be facing light boxes.

staylor26
05-21-2018, 11:26 AM
We have more stars, but teams like the Bears have more shear volume than we do.

Shaheen, Howard, Cohen + Robinson, Burton, Gabriel. That’s not counting Kevin White, Cameron Meredith and Dontrell Inman as their depth behind all those guys. They are the most loaded offense in the league depth wise.

I really think that at the end of next season, people are going to say “damn Trubisky and Mahomes are going to be monsters for the next 15 years”.

Here you go with this take again LMAO

I really like Howard, Cohen, and Robinson, but I think you’re overrating that group as a whole. White is a brokedick. Burton has yet to prove he’s a legit #1 TE. Gabriel has had a couple of good games in his career, but in the end he didn’t really emerge despite playing with Ryan and Julio. Meredith was traded to the Saints, and Inmen is JAG as it gets.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-21-2018, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I don’t understand the Bears love. It’s decent, but they’re largely unproven as it compares to who the Chiefs have.

saphojunkie
05-21-2018, 11:30 AM
I mean, you can put the Steelers up against us, but when you add Kelce to the mix, it puts KC over the top.

The Saints are probably the closest. Ingram + Kamara is special, and I think Michael Thomas is much better than people realize. They signed Watson this offseason, and just drafted Tre-quan Smith in the third round. They will likely be the #1 total offense.

They also have Ted Ginn opposite Thomas, so apparently Payton and Reid see the #2 WR the same way - speed, speed, speed.

MMXcalibur
05-21-2018, 11:31 AM
They’ll be a popular pick in Madden online games.
That’s about all that’s worth.

OKchiefs
05-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Amazing skill position players, hopefully our bottom 10 OL doesn't ruin it.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-21-2018, 12:20 PM
Amazing skill position players, hopefully our bottom 10 OL doesn't ruin it.

They aren’t bottom 10. Average I would say.

jjchieffan
05-21-2018, 12:30 PM
Yep. Mahomes is setup to succeed here. This group made Smith a top rated passer. If we can keep these guys around him, he will go far.

OKchiefs
05-21-2018, 12:34 PM
They aren’t bottom 10. Average I would say.

I'm not so sure.

- Fisher is soft and inconsistent
- Left guard is a big pile of AIDS as it has been since Reid has been here
- Morse is good in pass protection but injury prone and gets curb stomped in run blocking.
- LDT is good
- Schwartz is good

I guess an argument can be made for average, however we have zero reliable depth and are an injury away from starting another turnstile on the line.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-21-2018, 12:40 PM
The OL should be assisted by the weapons at skill positions too. Shouldn’t see too many stacked boxes.

RunKC
05-21-2018, 12:49 PM
Here you go with this take again LMAO

They have more depth than we do. If Adam Shaheen gets hurt, they still have Trey Burton. Travis Kelce gets hurt, we have Demetrius Harris and Jace Amaro ROFL

Bearcat
05-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Saw something on Google Now this morning along the lines of "are the Chiefs building the best offense ever?" (Arrowhead Addict, I think) LMAO

It's mind boggling that a team like the Chiefs still has complete homers and eternally optimistic fans out there.

OKchiefs
05-21-2018, 01:00 PM
They have more depth than we do. If Adam Shaheen gets hurt, they still have Trey Burton. Travis Kelce gets hurt, we have Demetrius Harris and Jace Amaro ROFL

And at WR? Conley and Robinson (Chiefs' Robinson) have done more than Kevin White ever has, and that's saying more about White than our guys. If Allen Robinson goes down they pretty much have shit at WR.

staylor26
05-21-2018, 01:09 PM

Adam Shaheen has done absolutely nothing. Yea, he was a 2nd round pick, but you’re talking like he had a great rookie season. The fact that they paid for Burton tells me he probably won’t even be the starter.

Sure, on paper Shaheen and White look like good depth given their pedigrees, but guys like Conley and Harris have even proven more.

I’m not saying we have great depth either, but you’re really overrating Chicago’s.

RunKC
05-21-2018, 01:20 PM
And at WR? Conley and Robinson (Chiefs' Robinson) have done more than Kevin White ever has, and that's saying more about White than our guys. If Allen Robinson goes down they pretty much have shit at WR.

Who would you rather have as an insurance policy?

A. a former top 10 pick with elite athleticism.

B. player who never played college football who literally can’t catch.

staylor26
05-21-2018, 01:24 PM
Who would you rather have as an insurance policy?

A. a former top 10 pick with elite athleticism.

B. player who never played college football who literally can’t catch.

Now you’re comparing WR depth to TE depth. That’s not what he’s talking about.

Also, if a brokedick like White that has played 5 games in two years is your “insurance policy”, you can’t feel very confident about that. But let’s act like him being a top 10 pick means much at this point of his career.

O.city
05-21-2018, 01:48 PM
Chicago's depth is better than the Chiefs, but they basically only have depth at this point and questions marks.

The Chiefs top end guys are way better.

RunKC
05-21-2018, 01:50 PM
Chicago's depth is better than the Chiefs, but they basically only have depth at this point and questions marks.

The Chiefs top end guys are way better.

Yup I agree. That’s what I was saying.

O.city
05-21-2018, 01:52 PM
He's a better fit with Mahomes, but I'm not sure what they'll get from Conley this year.

ptlyon
05-21-2018, 01:53 PM
When you have question marks you've got issues, but when you have questions marks, you've really got issues!

Buckweath
05-21-2018, 02:01 PM
He's a better fit with Mahomes, but I'm not sure what they'll get from Conley this year.

I feel good about Robinson going into next year, Conley not so much, unless there is an injury.

O.city
05-21-2018, 02:02 PM
Yup I agree. That’s what I was saying.

I would actually look at maybe trading for Kevin White if they're tired of him and his injuries.

A mid/late round pick similar to what they did for Ragland.

OKchiefs
05-21-2018, 02:30 PM
I would actually look at maybe trading for Kevin White if they're tired of him and his injuries.

A mid/late round pick similar to what they did for Ragland.

I'd rather trade for Coleman from Cleveland. Word is that he's on the trade block.

Couch-Potato
05-21-2018, 09:17 PM
I'd rather trade for Coleman from Cleveland. Word is that he's on the trade block.

Either one, White or Coleman, would be interesting.