PDA

View Full Version : Life How's your job satisfaction?

Rain Man
03-20-2018, 12:30 PM
Poll coming as soon as I get my red stapler back.

Simply Red
03-20-2018, 12:32 PM
Until I'm self employed again - it'll always be lower than normal.

chinaski
03-20-2018, 12:34 PM
In before the poll...

I'm fine with my gig, I am paid very well. It is dangerous at times, as well as uncomfortable physically and mentally, but it is challenging work that never really gets boring even after almost 20 years of doing it. Something different and new almost every day. There is certainly BS that I have to deal with, but every job is like that, that's why they call it a job.

Plus I have a Union Pension, Great Insurance, and Company matched 401k. It's a great job, well career. :)

The Franchise
03-20-2018, 12:37 PM
I was actually going to post a thread about this.

A promotion came available in my department. I applied for it last time and lost out in the last rounds to a lady that worked here for about 2 years before moving onto something else. My boss wants me to apply for it again.

It would be supervising three women in my office who absolutely despise me, as well as the other 4 employees in our office. I would also be going from hourly to salary....so I'd lose out on any overtime that I worked. If it's the same as last time....the salary bump only works out to like $6-$7 extra per hour.

I've got three weeks to decide if I want to apply for it.

Spott
03-20-2018, 12:37 PM
I make good money and have good benefits, but I work for the devil doing it. Overall I can’t complain too much. I definitely like being outside all day, even if it means coming home sweaty and dirty.

Rain Man
03-20-2018, 12:44 PM

A promotion came available in my department. I applied for it last time and lost out in the last rounds to a lady that worked here for about 2 years before moving onto something else. My boss wants me to apply for it again.

It would be supervising three women in my office who absolutely despise me, as well as the other 4 employees in our office. I would also be going from hourly to salary....so I'd lose out on any overtime that I worked. If it's the same as last time....the salary bump only works out to like $6-$7 extra per hour.

If you put that $6-$7 per hour into the bank (after paying taxes), that's roughly $6,000 a year going into your retirement account. That will lead to a notable change in your quality of life when you retire.

Plus, you can fire the women that don't like you.

The Franchise
03-20-2018, 12:48 PM
If you put that $6-$7 per hour into the bank (after paying taxes), that's roughly $6,000 a year going into your retirement account. That will lead to a notable change in your quality of life when you retire.

I work in county government and there is a union. Firing isn't an option unless I'm playing the long game and that would take 8 years. Best I could hope for is the biggest pain in the ass would retire as soon as she learns that I'm her boss. She already hates my boss.

Direckshun
03-20-2018, 12:49 PM
I love what I do, where I do it, who I do it with and who I do it for.

I could not possibly be happier with my job.

Graystoke
03-20-2018, 12:49 PM

Don't do it!
It's a TRAP!

NYChiefsFan59
03-20-2018, 01:22 PM
After 38 years in Dec My job is eating my soul.

Buehler445
03-20-2018, 01:24 PM
I’m primarily self employed. As such it is hard to fit in a box.

On the aggregate I’m far happier, have more money, and am less dissatisfied with my job by a tremendous margin.

With that though, I carry a lot of stress. A LOT. I also absolutely fucking despise when employees insert their heads into their rectums which I didn’t carry as an employee as I wasn’t directly responsible for their output.

I also work a shitload of hours and don’t get to do a lot of the stuff I like to do.

I also carry a lot more financial risk that I’m acutely aware of and have risk exposures all over the place that I can’t afford to mitigate.

Do it. $7 over 2000 hours is 14 grand. I’ve put up with a lot of shot for a lot less.

Besides that if you move up and hate it, you may be able to continue to move up from your position.

Randallflagg
03-20-2018, 01:24 PM
I retired from the Army in the 80s and went to work for a civilian company. Retired from that one in 2010. Haven't done a days work since and I LOVE it!!! :)

tmax63
03-20-2018, 01:33 PM
I retired last Halloween after 32+ years with Uncle Sam between my time in uniform and as a civilian. Started delivering pizzas as a part-time gig recently for extra "hobby" money and to help stay busy. I enjoy the fact that if they pizz me off I can say "bu-bye" and walk out without worrying about paying the light bill.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-20-2018, 01:34 PM
they are called golden handcuffs for a reason

GMitch
03-20-2018, 01:36 PM
I retired from the Army in the 80s and went to work for a civilian company. Retired from that one in 2010. Haven't done a days work since and I LOVE it!!! :)

I retired from the Air Force in the 80s and went to work for a civilian company. Retired from that one in 2015. Haven't done a days work since and I LOVE it!!! :) :D

Dayze
03-20-2018, 01:38 PM
I'll never retire.

fully prepared to work until I die at my desk. lol

Graystoke
03-20-2018, 01:41 PM
I'll never retire.

Get to work lackey.

wutamess
03-20-2018, 01:56 PM
I already leveled with the fact that I'll probably work until I can't anymore. I absolutely DREAD the day I sit at home all day not showering and brushing my teeth to only stare at Judge Judy, Maury and Jerry every day.

My goal used to be not to HAVE to work by 40. Could probably pull it off by downgrading a lot, but I've since changed that. It's also allowed me to think about more risks as far as investments and self/employment type shit.

Going to work until I die.

bdj23
03-20-2018, 02:31 PM
I'm a souless wage-cuck who is gonna look back on his life from his death bed and wonder why i spent so much time being unhappy.

I wish i were kidding.

Also, F credit card debt.

Rain Man
03-20-2018, 02:36 PM
I'll never retire.

By choice or by necessity?

Rain Man
03-20-2018, 02:37 PM
I'm a souless wage-cuck who is gonna look back on his life from his death bed and wonder why i spent so much time being unhappy.

I wish i were kidding.

Also, F credit card debt.

Well, in a bit of good news, your avatar has double the meaning now.

rico
03-20-2018, 02:41 PM
I hate my job and hate whatever it was that I did that led me to where I am in life. I feel stuck where I’m at, hating what I am doing, but making more money than what I did using my BA’s....but hate what I do and the type of people I’m around. It’s making me bitter.

Most BA degrees are a straight up scam.

Sorry to be a downer....just being honest.

Kiimo
03-20-2018, 02:43 PM
I didn't see the "I love my job but it's about to be swallowed by Disney" option?

I work for 20th C Fox

otherstar
03-20-2018, 02:46 PM
I've had the same job for 8 of last 9 years. I got laid off by a jackass of an interim president (I'm a librarian at a small college), but because I didn't find anything else during that year off, came back when I was offered my old job back. The pay could be better, but I have decent insurance, lots of vacation (about 30 days per year, including the holidays), low stress work most of the time, and I truly enjoy the people I work with in the library, and elsewhere on campus. That being said, I can also leave my work at work when I'm not on campus...so I can have a life outside of work.

WilliamTheIrish
03-20-2018, 02:47 PM
Changed jobs in December. Was overseeing a 27 people in a field that produced revenues of 6 million a month. It was lucrative but extremely stressful as it was difficult to disengage at the end of the day. Had to cover a weekend every 6 weeks too. Most employees were great. Had a few that were challenging and two I had to terminate. Skilled folks too. But you can’t be dumb when it comes to customers.

Anyway, now I’m working for me. Work 4 days a week. Have my weekends free and can tend to the garden while enjoying the pavestone patio I put in last summer.

Life’s pretty good in the job satisfaction dept.

Dayze
03-20-2018, 03:19 PM
By choice or by necessity?

just my luck; the way things always go etc. I'm definitely a glass half empty person, because I rarely encounter any sort of good luck. I"m usually just standing by for the next shoe to drop / the next catastrophic money suck LMAO

Over the last 15-20 years my skillset has become heavily contract based. Companies are more likely these days to contract out my work when they have a project - keep them for the duration of the project and as soon as the billable work dries up / not earning revenue for my hourly cost/billable rate.....adios.

so, every 2 years or so, I'm let go and i have to find another gig which sucks, from a budget standpoint. Income swings up and down every few years. longest I've been with a place since 2003 is probably 4 years. Average about 2-3 years per spot. largest income swing in the wrong direction was 45%, which then led to losing a house etc. Horrible. Granted, that was in 2008/2009 when the economy was dog shit, but still. Mostly I see income swings around 20-25% up and down.

my industry is nomadic; good for young folks who have no problem going to where the work is. But for me, I'm pretty much rooted in KC.

patteeu
03-20-2018, 04:23 PM
In before the poll...

I'm fine with my gig, I am paid very well. It is dangerous at times, as well as uncomfortable physically and mentally, but it is challenging work that never really gets boring even after almost 20 years of doing it. Something different and new almost every day. There is certainly BS that I have to deal with, but every job is like that, that's why they call it a job.

Plus I have a Union Pension, Great Insurance, and Company matched 401k. It's a great job, well career. :)

I was going to guess cop, but then I remembered you said you're paid well. Are you a movie stunt man?

chinaski
03-20-2018, 04:32 PM
I was going to guess cop, but then I remembered you said you're paid well. Are you a movie stunt man?

Aerial/Airborne News and Traffic Reporter. Media Gig.

Silock
03-20-2018, 05:54 PM
Fucking shitty. Getting out ASAP.

corn fed chief
03-20-2018, 06:16 PM
I enjoy it a lot. I make decent money, work 8 24 hour days a month, and have a killer pension waiting for me in retirement. Job satisfaction is high and my coworkers are great. Only thing I could ask for is more money.

Chiefshrink
03-20-2018, 06:25 PM

So you will be over a total of 7 people who despise you 3 of whom are women ?

Reerun_KC
03-20-2018, 06:30 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180321/ba2aaf6958d218b2f468506c5d303290.jpg

With views like this. I’m never disgruntled with my job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 6
03-20-2018, 06:36 PM
Generally pleased like a Malaysian airliner, switched to a job closer to me that actually pays slightly less

But I'm actually coming out ahead as I only have to spend about $40 a month in gas getting there and back, as opposed to $40 a week

More money in my pocket, 3 minute commute to work, and less stress when I get there... things are definitely looking up

Bearcat
03-20-2018, 06:57 PM
My job is not necessarily my raison d'etre, but it's not like they make me speak French or anything.

LMAO

Generally pleased. The past couple jobs have moved me further from my wheelhouse, but it's all worked out nicely overall.

WilliamTheIrish
03-20-2018, 06:59 PM
3 minute commute to work, and less stress when I get there... things are definitely looking up

After YEARS of driving an average of 45 minutes one way (that’s if traffic was in my favor), I now commute 9 minutes each way. It’s changed my life. Two weeks on a tank of gas. More time at home and/or in the garden/patio.

displacedinMN
03-20-2018, 07:13 PM
This is a tough week. 8th grade, before spring break, people getting laid off or displaced.

Overall, ok. Kids are kids. Golden handcuffs at work.

BigBeauford
03-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Since getting my HIM degree after leaving the army it's been great. A year after graduation I ended up in a Director role, and love my new facilty.

Easy 6
03-20-2018, 07:33 PM
After YEARS of driving an average of 45 minutes one way (that’s if traffic was in my favor), I now commute 9 minutes each way. It’s changed my life. Two weeks on a tank of gas. More time at home and/or in the garden/patio.

It makes such a huge difference doesnt it...

When it takes more time to shit, shower, shave and gulp down some coffee than it does to actually get to work... thats all win

To be honest, even if I wasnt quite coming out ahead on this deal... I'd still be a happier person, and thats worth money all by itself

Iowanian
03-20-2018, 07:38 PM
What I do is interesting, I'm treated well and like most of the people I deal with regularly....last summer I got paid to pee in the Bering sea. Hard to top that where I live.

Easy 6
03-20-2018, 07:48 PM
What I do is interesting, I'm treated well and like most of the people I deal with regularly....last summer I got paid to pee in the Bering sea. Hard to top that where I live.

Care to share?

BucEyedPea
03-20-2018, 08:08 PM

ROFL

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-20-2018, 08:11 PM
I hate my job and hate whatever it was that I did that led me to where I am in life. I feel stuck where I’m at, hating what I am doing, but making more money than what I did using my BA’s....but hate what I do and the type of people I’m around. It’s making me bitter.

Most BA degrees are a straight up scam.

Sorry to be a downer....just being honest.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-20-2018, 08:12 PM
Option 2.

Being Peebag and Coopers bitch-slapping pimp has brought fullness to my life.

BucEyedPea
03-20-2018, 08:19 PM
Generally pleased, which is down from exuberance, when I near the beginning of my career in my early twenties.

TrebMaxx
03-20-2018, 08:23 PM
I am at the soldiering on point. I retired for a couple of years and got bored so I took a temp part time government job that would only last for six months. During that time the dept. I worked for had a opening for a full time position, I was asked by the dept. Director to apply and I thought what the hell. It's not too terrible of a job but no raises and it seems they just keep adding to the work load of our dept. But it does have a good pension that in 5 years and 2 months I can take that pension and head back to retirement. I could go right now but no way in hell will I give up that pension money!

ghak99
03-20-2018, 08:24 PM
I enjoy what I do, but the pay is not where it should be considering the risk and hours involved.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-20-2018, 08:43 PM
I enjoy what I do, but the pay is not where it should be considering the risk and hours involved.

Do tell?

Rain Man
03-20-2018, 09:30 PM
Generally pleased like a Malaysian airliner, switched to a job closer to me that actually pays slightly less

But I'm actually coming out ahead as I only have to spend about $40 a month in gas getting there and back, as opposed to $40 a week

More money in my pocket, 3 minute commute to work, and less stress when I get there... things are definitely looking up

Is there a company on your porch?

HonestChieffan
03-20-2018, 09:44 PM
I retired at 53, started a business, have some investments, a great place to hunt and fish, I don't work during hunting seasons, I charge a lot for what I do. Nobody does it better and my clients love it.

Mephistopheles Janx
03-20-2018, 09:46 PM
I am currently somewhere between the first and second option. I don't want to not have days off and I certainly don't miss it when I'm not there but when I am... I absolutely love it.

Bugeater
03-20-2018, 09:57 PM
I have no job. Someone please hire me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-20-2018, 09:58 PM
I have no job. Someone please hire me.

ROFL

Bugeater
03-20-2018, 10:00 PM
Hell I don't even have a career right now. I have nothing.

patteeu
03-20-2018, 10:08 PM

He probably runs a lemonade stand out front. He's just a fast walker.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-20-2018, 10:18 PM

Can you weld? Ever worked with sheet metal or fabrication?

BucEyedPea
03-20-2018, 10:38 PM

I know an art school that needs some male nude models for life drawing classes.

GloryDayz
03-20-2018, 10:56 PM
Changed jobs in December. Was overseeing a 27 people in a field that produced revenues of 6 million a month. It was lucrative but extremely stressful as it was difficult to disengage at the end of the day. Had to cover a weekend every 6 weeks too. Most employees were great. Had a few that were challenging and two I had to terminate. Skilled folks too. But you can’t be dumb when it comes to customers.

Anyway, now I’m working for me. Work 4 days a week. Have my weekends free and can tend to the garden while enjoying the pavestone patio I put in last summer.

Life’s pretty good in the job satisfaction dept.Working from home is awesome. And yeah, when the weather is good, the patio is wonderful.

The next best thing is not traveling much anymore. My younger staff love it, so they can have it.

I know one thing, the dog loves me teleworking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Bugeater
03-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Can you weld? Ever worked with sheet metal or fabrication?
Heh, that's about the only trade I DON'T have any experience in. If I need anything done with metal it goes straight over to LiveSteam's house.

Bugeater
03-20-2018, 11:10 PM
I know an art school that needs some male nude models for life drawing classes.
I know an art school that would have all the students screaming and running for the exits if I showed up nude.

PunkinDrublic
03-21-2018, 04:02 AM
For the last couple of years I had been exploring different job opportunities because I’ve been burned out from working in the mortgage industry for ten years. I accepted an offer to work in Shenzhen, China for a year last August. In September I moved out of my apartment, sold my car and threw my shit into storage. I started working here in southern China in mid September. I love my job here. I get my own monthly stipend for my apartment and the cost of living is so cheap, I barely spend a quarter of my check. I paid off my debts and now my only bill from home is my monthly storage fee. I love being right next door to Hong Kong and for Chinese New Year I spent a week in Cebu, Philippines. I get the normal homesickness and it sucks having to watch the Chiefs at 5am but this has been an amazing experience.

Easy 6
03-21-2018, 04:33 AM

I live in a town of roughly 25,000 so nothing is more than 10 minutes away, but my job is now literally 2 miles down the road

Rasputin
03-21-2018, 10:22 AM
It's hard to explain. I both like and hate my job at the same time. When I try to like my job they give me plenty of reason to hate it but for the most part it's easy but it gets difficult at any moment just got to keep your wits about you and not let the bull shit get you down.

Rain Man
03-21-2018, 10:31 AM
For the last couple of years I had been exploring different job opportunities because I’ve been burned out from working in the mortgage industry for ten years. I accepted an offer to work in Shenzhen, China for a year last August. In September I moved out of my apartment, sold my car and threw my shit into storage. I started working here in southern China in mid September. I love my job here. I get my own monthly stipend for my apartment and the cost of living is so cheap, I barely spend a quarter of my check. I paid off my debts and now my only bill from home is my monthly storage fee. I love being right next door to Hong Kong and for Chinese New Year I spent a week in Cebu, Philippines. I get the normal homesickness and it sucks having to watch the Chiefs at 5am but this has been an amazing experience.

Wow. That's pretty cool.

carcosa
03-21-2018, 10:34 AM
I'm fine, thanks for asking. I get to write for a living, which is nice, even if I'm not particularly interested in what I'm writing about. THanks!

Dayze
03-21-2018, 10:42 AM

I bet the Panda Express' there, are outstanding.

ChiTown
03-21-2018, 11:03 AM
No complaints. Sold my largest business last August. I could comfortably retire today at 51, but wtf am I going to do? I enjoy working and having the financial comfort of taking off when I want to. I love my little Company I have right now - myself and my biz partner. We do deals that interest us, and take on a fun project now and then. It’s all good.

PunkinDrublic
03-21-2018, 11:18 AM

I love Chinese food but when you eat it every fucking day it it gets old quick lol. Luckily there’s enough western food joints here to keep me from going crazy.

seclark
03-21-2018, 11:34 AM
35years at the same job this month. don't hate it, but i'm sure tired of it. things sure change over all those years. all the people that were here when i started have retired. just a bunch of damn kids. their music sucks. they park in my parking place. they never put a new roll of toilet paper on when they use the last of it....yeah, fuck this place...i'm out of here as soon as i can get out.:cuss:
sec

ghak99
03-21-2018, 12:20 PM
Do tell?

It's mostly financial risk that is out of my hands.

I can mitigate it enough to not lose everything, but I can't really keep from occasionally working all year for free.

chinaski
03-21-2018, 12:45 PM
A person I used to work with, whom I looked up to, told me this about a year before he retired:

"When I started doing this, it was a career. Then it turned into a job. Now I go to work."

Buehler445
03-21-2018, 12:45 PM
It's mostly financial risk that is out of my hands.

I can mitigate it enough to not lose everything, but I can't really keep from occasionally working all year for free.

Yep. I’m probably going to work for free this year. Yay!

tooge
03-21-2018, 12:48 PM
I'm generally happy. However, the success of my job often depends on my patients doing what I tell them to do, and often times, they don't. That is frustrating. Fixing someone up, only to have them come in 6 months later with their teeth covered in fur/cheese, is very much a bummer.

Rain Man
03-21-2018, 02:01 PM

I bet in China they sell hamburgers there.

BucEyedPea
03-21-2018, 02:05 PM
I live in a town of roughly 25,000 so nothing is more than 10 minutes away, but my job is now literally 2 miles down the road

My job is a 30 feet away! Nah! Nah!

BucEyedPea
03-21-2018, 02:06 PM
I know an art school that would have all the students screaming and running for the exits if I showed up nude.

Which one is that?

For us artists, anatomy is still just anatomy to learn from.

RunKC
03-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Hope I can retire with my company in 30 years. Doubtful it happens in this day and age, but we’ll see.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-21-2018, 02:25 PM
I bet in China they sell hamburgers there.

One of the better burgers I've had came from a chinese place. Crazy.

Rasputin
03-21-2018, 02:41 PM
I found me a home I really like so it's what makes me want to keep my job. In do time I'm going ask to rent own because I can see myself here long time and if it's mine not have pay rent like ten years before o retire thinking all the fishing trips I can take. This place is literally my man cave cuz it's a basement house I've got a cool set up but going be on going things make it better. I've also got a garage my brother can work on motorcycles. I'm thinking though getting a heavy been bag and boxing gloves and work out punching bag. Maybe even get some chickens to chase around the yard and then jog around town till I get to the court house and run up the stairs listening to Eye of the Tiger.

TwistedChief
03-21-2018, 05:57 PM
I perpetually dream about what I'd do if I had some free time off from my job, and inevitably when I infrequently get it, I'm bored and yearn to get back to work. Half the issue is having a job I absolutely adore and half of it is having a very small realm of things that I derive satisfaction from (thanks, Chiefs).

Easy 6
03-21-2018, 06:08 PM
I found me a home I really like so it's what makes me want to keep my job. In do time I'm going ask to rent own because I can see myself here long time and if it's mine not have pay rent like ten years before o retire thinking all the fishing trips I can take. This place is literally my man cave cuz it's a basement house I've got a cool set up but going be on going things make it better. I've also got a garage my brother can work on motorcycles. I'm thinking though getting a heavy been bag and boxing gloves and work out punching bag. Maybe even get some chickens to chase around the yard and then jog around town till I get to the court house and run up the stairs listening to Eye of the Tiger.

:clap: glad to hear you're excited about the new digs, bruv

When you have your own house, theres so much more space for activities

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/29jij4ldkNs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6
03-21-2018, 06:13 PM
My job is a 30 feet away! Nah! Nah!

I am genuinely jealous of people like yourself, eDave and KCUnited... IT, graphic design etc is where its AT

Bugeater
03-21-2018, 09:26 PM
Which one is that?

Whatever the one is that you are trying to refer me to. :)

Is it really that difficult to find people to do that?

Bugeater
03-21-2018, 09:32 PM
I perpetually dream about what I'd do if I had some free time off from my job, and inevitably when I infrequently get it, I'm bored and yearn to get back to work. Half the issue is having a job I absolutely adore and half of it is having a very small realm of things that I derive satisfaction from (thanks, Chiefs).
Hell, I would have no problem at all finding things to do if I didn't have to work. I'd throw the bikes on the Jeep and leave for weeks at a time. And when I wasn't doing that I'd work on my list of one million things I want to do to the house.

KS Smitty
03-21-2018, 09:47 PM
Whatever the one is that you are trying to refer me to. :)

Is it really that difficult to find people to do that?

When my daughter took (whatever) drawing class (where you draw nudes) in college one of the models was in his 60's and the female was no Venus DeMilo either. She also said you would be great for this. Do they have colleges in Pigsknuckle?

NJChiefsFan
03-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Love my job. Wouldn't say I hate having days off since that's one of the perks of being a teacher and it helps keep you(and the kids) sane but I still pick option A.

Rain Man
03-25-2018, 08:26 PM
Which one is that?

Are you saying that I could get naked in front of women and get PAID for it?

Bugeater
03-25-2018, 08:29 PM
Not only paid, you also won't get arrested and charged with a felony!

In58men
03-25-2018, 08:29 PM
Very pleased, the pay is awesome for what we do. I NEVER take my job home, I don’t stress about Mondays like I use to. I have no reason to look for another job.

KS Smitty
03-25-2018, 08:32 PM

Yes, 5 years ago it was $20+ an hour for 2classes lasting 3 hours 4 times a week. This from an ag college, a college more fine arts oriented would probably pay more.

GloryDayz
03-25-2018, 08:32 PM

If you get a chubby you'll have EEOs filed against you...

Rain Man
03-25-2018, 08:37 PM
Not only paid, you also won't get arrested and charged with a felony!

This solves so many issues all at the same time.

mr. tegu
03-25-2018, 09:52 PM
I love my job. I work about 20 hours a week maximum, with 15 hours being common. I only work three days a week. I set my own hours and never start work before 10:30 in the morning. It was always my goal to have this freedom which is one reason I went into my field.

It wasn’t always this way as I too had an office based job for a while working for a company. The hardest thing was transitioning from that to what I do now and that required me to work two jobs for about six months. Every now and then I get offers to work places which would pay more money as a whole but the hourly rate would be very much reduced. At this time that isn’t worth it to me as my overall health and happiness has probably never been better. I don’t know that I could ever go back to a regular 40 hour work week.