PDA

View Full Version : Life Get a well-earned sympathetic pat on the back in this thread.

Direckshun
03-20-2018, 11:17 PM
I like you guys and I want to try something positive and new.

We here at CP are known for being harsh assholes.

But this thread, we're going to be something different.

Tell us what's eating you, this evening. It can be a big huge deal, or it can be something smaller. It doesn't matter.

I am going to politely ask everybody who responds in this thread to react with empathy, politeness, and any respectful advice that's requested of the person asking.

Inevitably, there will be people who want to storm the thread with their typical assholishness, and I request anybody reacting with anything less than positive empathy to be "downvoted" until their post vanishes. Don't quote them or respond.

Go ahead.

What's bothering you? How can we make your evening more bearable in any way?

Bugeater
03-20-2018, 11:24 PM
This was just touched on in another thread, so I'll spill my guts here too.

I'm going to be 50 in a couple months, and 4 months ago I walked away from my 2nd career, and I have no idea what I'm going to do now.

Direckshun
03-20-2018, 11:27 PM

I'm going to be 50 in a couple months, and 4 months ago I walked away from my 2nd career, and I have no idea what I'm going to do now.

Wow. That would terrify me too. I have no idea what your skillset is but that is definitely a hill you're about to climb.

Do you mind if I ask you follow up questions? Why would you walk from a career without a backup plan in your pocket?

Best of wishes. You seem like a sharp dude.

wazu
03-20-2018, 11:27 PM

Sorry, brother. That takes courage, though, and you have lots of options. Ever considered hookin?

Rain Man
03-20-2018, 11:29 PM

You seem to have very tangible skills. There's some employer out there who's looking for you, and it's just a matter of finding each other.

Bugeater
03-20-2018, 11:34 PM
Wow. That would terrify me too. I have no idea what your skillset is but that is definitely a hill you're about to climb.

Do you mind if I ask you follow up questions? Why would you walk from a career without a backup plan in your pocket?

Best of wishes. You seem like a sharp dude.
Last year I had what was absolutely, positively, the worst work experience of my life, and the only way to ensure that it never happened again was to leave the industry for good.

Rain Man
03-20-2018, 11:35 PM
I was about to make a thread about this, but wasn't sure if it was worth it.

My parents are nice people, but they refuse to have an adult relationship with me. They constantly say things like, "You're always going to be five years old to us,", and unbelievably act like there's some chance that I'll move into their house with them at some point. The odds of that are so far below zero that it blows up computers to even try to calculate it.

It's creepy first of all, but it's also very disrespectful. They don't acknowledge the fact that I've been an independent adult for decades, and this 'you'll always be a little boy to us' talk disregards everything I've accomplished in my life. As they get older, it seems to be getting worse and worse. It's really disappointing that they can't evolve the relationship and see me for who I am.

Direckshun
03-20-2018, 11:36 PM
Last year I had what was absolutely, positively, the worst work experience of my life, and the only way to ensure that it never happened again was to leave the industry for good.

Good lord. I can't imagine what kind of experience I would need to leave my current position. That's unbelievable.

Good on you for keeping your sanity and self-respect in tact. A rock-solid constitution you must have.

Rain Man

What do you like to do that will earn money?

Bugeater
Sorry, brother. That takes courage, though, and you have lots of options. Ever considered hookin?
No, but BEP did suggest nude modeling for an art school, which is a related field.

DaneMcCloud
Everyone in my family has had their appendix removed. I knew there would come a day when my children would face that same reality.

Last night, my oldest began crying about stomach pain in the appendix region. I immediately told my wife to take her to the ER nearest by. They ran some tests and afterwards, told us that they didn't have a Pediatric surgeon on staff.

Meanwhile, I was taking care of the 5 year old and texting constantly. They took an ambulance to an affiliated hospital 13 miles away (or 45 minutes LA time). They ran test after test and couldn't make a determination.

After I dropped off the 5 year old this morning at school, I headed over, explained the situation to the Resident Dr. My daughter was vomiting constantly. The surgeon was due to arrive at 2pm, so we suffered for hours. The performed a CT scan (this is after 3 Ultrasounds) and found fluid outside of her ovaries. They weren't sure if it was an Ovarian cyst that burst or something else. The appendix looked fine.

Finally, the doc arrived and I impressed upon her our family history of appendicitis. She took note and took my daughter into surgery. Before that, she said that she might need to sever her Small Colon and reattach. She also warned that if the Small Colon was Black, and therefore deprived of oxygen, she'd have to sever it and put in a Colostomy insert (for a bag). After three months, she'd go back in and attempt to reattach the Small Colon.

About an hour later, the nurse called. Surgery was complete. They found that at birth, her Small Intestine kinked up like a hose, so she removed the excess tissue. She also said that she was looking for any reason to remove the appendix due to our family history and said the tip was slightly inflamed, so it's gone.

After 14 hours at the hospital today, I'm home. My wife is staying overnight, again, and I"ll go back tomorrow. My daughter's surgery was a success. Too many close friends reached out and the 5 year old is staying with one of her best friends tonight (and a great couple).

All that said, after losing my 14.5 year old Lab and best friend just last week and now this, it's been a fairly rough March.

Bugeater
03-20-2018, 11:41 PM
Good lord. I can't imagine what kind of experience I would need to leave my current position. That's unbelievable.

Good on you for keeping your sanity and self-respect in tact. A rock-solid constitution you must have.
My sanity is hardly intact. LMAO

It affected me both mentally and physically, and I'm still working through those issues.

Prison Bitch
03-20-2018, 11:41 PM
Little shit doesn't bother me any more. A few years ago we rushed our 3 year old to the hospital where he stayed for several days. THAT bothered me.

Andy Reid's bullshit and job stress and bills and car taxes and yada yada means nothing. None of it matters. And you won't remember any of it down the road anyway.

Lincoln used to say: if you wanna strain your memory, try and think of what you worried about one year ago today.

RippedmyFlesh
03-20-2018, 11:43 PM
Rain Man not to justify their behaviour but as a parent I can tell you one of the saddest conclusions I came to was my kids didn't need me. They are good kids and love me but don't need me for anything and I should be proud of their independence. But it's hard to just be a parent in name because when they were young it always my most important job and now it's done. No parent wants it to end.

Bugeater
03-20-2018, 11:47 PM
What do you like to do that will earn money?I like the trade type work, renovations, remodeling, etc, and I'm doing that now to get by but it's not sustainable. I already did it for 20+ years but gave it up 9 years ago due to mounting physical issues.

I enjoyed the apartment maintenance as well, it was the perfect fit for my skillset without the physical rigors. And I was doing very well for myself until everything went to hell last year.

Direckshun
03-20-2018, 11:52 PM

My parents are nice people, but they refuse to have an adult relationship with me. They constantly say things like, "You're always going to be five years old to us,", and unbelievably act like there's some chance that I'll move into their house with them at some point. The odds of that are so far below zero that it blows up computers to even try to calculate it.

It's creepy first of all, but it's also very disrespectful. They don't acknowledge the fact that I've been an independent adult for decades, and this 'you'll always be a little boy to us' talk disregards everything I've accomplished in my life. As they get older, it seems to be getting worse and worse. It's really disappointing that they can't evolve the relationship and see me for who I am.

It must royally blow, especially because you see how they interact with peers and such, and they are the charming, intelligent, clever people you've always admired them for. And yet that part of them vanishes when they talk to you, they regress into these versions of themselves that you no longer have use for. I would imagine that's frustrating in short doses and infuriating in large doses.

I'm sorry to hear that, Rain Man.

Rain Man
03-20-2018, 11:53 PM
Rain Man not to justify their behaviour but as a parent I can tell you one of the saddest conclusions I came to was my kids didn't need me. They are good kids and love me but don't need me for anything and I should be proud of their independence. But it's hard to just be a parent in name because when they were young it always my most important job and now it's done. No parent wants it to end.

I can understand that feeling, but I would hope or expect it to be a transitory thing. At some point you accept it and build a different relationship, I hope. My parents seem to be moving the other direction, and it's getting to the point where it's weird and disturbing. My mother told me recently that my real home is not my house, but hers, and mine is just "a place where you keep your stuff". Um, pardon me, mom, but I've lived in my house longer that I lived with my parents, and oh, by the way, I live there with my wife.

Rain Man
03-20-2018, 11:54 PM
Everyone in my family has had their appendix removed. I knew there would come a day when my children would face that same reality.

Last night, my oldest began crying about stomach pain in the appendix region. I immediately told my wife to take her to the ER nearest by. They ran some tests and afterwards, told us that they didn't have a Pediatric surgeon on staff.

Meanwhile, I was taking care of the 5 year old and texting constantly. They took an ambulance to an affiliated hospital 13 miles away (or 45 minutes LA time). They ran test after test and couldn't make a determination.

After I dropped off the 5 year old this morning at school, I headed over, explained the situation to the Resident Dr. My daughter was vomiting constantly. The surgeon was due to arrive at 2pm, so we suffered for hours. The performed a CT scan (this is after 3 Ultrasounds) and found fluid outside of her ovaries. They weren't sure if it was an Ovarian cyst that burst or something else. The appendix looked fine.

Finally, the doc arrived and I impressed upon her our family history of appendicitis. She took note and took my daughter into surgery. Before that, she said that she might need to sever her Small Colon and reattach. She also warned that if the Small Colon was Black, and therefore deprived of oxygen, she'd have to sever it and put in a Colostomy insert (for a bag). After three months, she'd go back in and attempt to reattach the Small Colon.

About an hour later, the nurse called. Surgery was complete. They found that at birth, her Small Intestine kinked up like a hose, so she removed the excess tissue. She also said that she was looking for any reason to remove the appendix due to our family history and said the tip was slightly inflamed, so it's gone.

After 14 hours at the hospital today, I'm home. My wife is staying overnight, again, and I"ll go back tomorrow. My daughter's surgery was a success. Too many close friends reached out and the 5 year old is staying with one of her best friends tonight (and a great couple).

All that said, after losing my 14.5 year old Lab and best friend just last week and now this, it's been a fairly rough March.

That would indeed be a rough month. I still miss my cats who passed away several years ago. Glad your daughter's on the mend.

Direckshun
03-20-2018, 11:55 PM

That is really outstanding, though.

I'm not medical personnel or anything, but it's kind of crazy that your daughter went so long with a fundamental issue in her small intestine and it only now began to affect her. Thank goodness she only suffered for a relatively small amount of time.

Rain Man
03-20-2018, 11:57 PM
It must royally blow, especially because you see how they interact with peers and such, and they are the charming, intelligent, clever people you've always admired them for. And yet that part of them vanishes when they talk to you, they regress into these versions of themselves that you no longer have use for. I would imagine that's frustrating in short doses and infuriating in large doses.

I'm sorry to hear that, Rain Man.

"No longer have use for" is a good way to put it. They were fine parents, but that role for them ended decades ago. My theory is that they're romanticizing that time period because they're lonely now, with both of their kids living far out of town.

wazu
03-21-2018, 12:07 AM
No, but BEP did suggest nude modeling for an art school, which is a related field.

There you go, man. Art modeling. For new-age, freaky, let's paint the old-man types. The Marge Simpsons of the world.

wazu
03-21-2018, 12:14 AM

Sorry man. I've literally never heard of this problem. That's the kind of weird thing grandparents and some uncles/aunts do. I seriously have an uncle who still marvels at how I "just keep getting taller" every time he sees me.

Anyway, there there, Rainman. There, there.

wazu
03-21-2018, 12:16 AM

Thank God they were able to avoid the colostomy bag situation. Sounds like a hell of a month. Giving you a warm embrace through the internet. Shhhhh... no words. Just feel.

carcosa
03-21-2018, 12:58 AM
You all seem very nice, to
Me.

New World Order
03-21-2018, 01:07 AM
Sorry man. I've literally never heard of this problem. That's the kind of weird thing grandparents and some uncles/aunts do. I seriously have an uncle who still marvels at how I "just keep getting taller" every time he sees me.

Anyway, there there, Rainman. There, there.

LMAO

How old is he?

New World Order
03-21-2018, 01:10 AM

My dad will lecture me about shit I haven't even done or did incorrectly 10+ years ago (I'm 32).

Chief Northman
03-21-2018, 01:43 AM
It’s therapeutic to dump the pain fellas. Well wishes to everyone, and sincerely.

I can’t take my own advice at the moment and am apathetic with my current career situation and the marriage/parenting is suffering because of it.

JD10367
03-21-2018, 02:59 AM

I did the same and it sucks. Just turned 50 a few months back. Have a shit job now pay-wise but no one wants to hire a 50 year old guy.

That is really outstanding, though.

I'm not medical personnel or anything, but it's kind of crazy that your daughter went so long with a fundamental issue in her small intestine and it only now began to affect her. Thank goodness she only suffered for a relatively small amount of time.

Agreed. I had an intestinal kink as a baby and they found it pretty quickly because I couldn’t keep anything down, and they had to do surgery.

patteeu
03-21-2018, 05:16 AM

I have the very same issue with my mother. My dad wasn’t that way and when he was around, I think it moderated those inclinations in my mom. Since he passed a few years ago, it’s fallen on me to take care of my mom. She’s still living independently but she needs help with finances and almost all decision making and she’s lonely living alone so I spend a lot more time with her. It’s especially frustrating that she acts like her kids still need parenting while she’s the one who’s becoming more child-like due to diminishing mental and physical capabilities. Of course, her heart is in the right place as I’m sure is true with your parents.

Luckily for both my mom and me, my sister is going to move back to Kansas City to move in with her.

rabblerouser
03-21-2018, 05:49 AM
Just found out my grandpa has cancer. Just passed the one year anniversary of my grandma passing. They raised me and really gave me the foundation for everything that I have...

It sucks.

Kman34
03-21-2018, 06:05 AM

Glad to hear everything turned out fine... when your kids are sick in the hospital it’s so stressful... April will be much better..

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-21-2018, 06:39 AM
If any of you decide to take the nude modeling job ,make sure the viagra is well out of your system.

Dane, glad everything turned out OK.

Rain, #me too.

Simply Red
03-21-2018, 07:10 AM
I would just like to be held.

chinaski
03-21-2018, 07:42 AM
Damn Dane, SCARY! Glad everything worked out for your daughter. Good Thoughts and Vibes your way. :)

As for me, I have been dealing with major low back and sciatica problems for the last several months. I am no stranger to back issues, had problems for the last decade...at times it's completely debilitating. My L5 disc is completely munched.

Had a lumbar steroid injection on March 1st, fixed me for a few days. Last Thursday I was trying not to be lazy and did some work in the garage, Changed the oil in my truck, polished up the Mustang etc. After a few hours of that, my right leg and foot went completely went numb and I couldn't walk. I went inside and tried to stretch it out, but no dice. I work a split shift, and about the time I had to go to work, I was in bad shape. Went outside to drive to work, and fell. I was in complete agony, in tears actually the pain was so bad.

Had to call in to work, which for me is a bad thing as I pride myself on my work ethic. Ended up having a friend drive me to the pain management doc, was able to get an emergency appointment. Not much the doc could do outside of giving me Narco and Flexaril. I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday in a drug induced haze, locked to the couch. Things started to improve, slightly, by Sunday.

Had another Steroid injection in my spine on Monday. I am feeling MUCH better right now. Another MRI next Monday and follow up with the pain management doc Friday.

This has been a wake up call. I don't take care of my body. I am overweight, I don't exercise enough, and I have been paying the price. I am not morbidly obese or anything, but I can't live like this. I am determine to make a life style change, because I know if I drop a few pounds, things will improve by default. A few years ago I was working out a lot and I never had any back issues. It's time for a change.

patteeu
03-21-2018, 08:03 AM
Damn Dane, SCARY! Glad everything worked out for your daughter. Good Thoughts and Vibes your way. :)

As for me, I have been dealing with major low back and sciatica problems for the last several months. I am no stranger to back issues, had problems for the last decade...at times it's completely debilitating. My L5 disc is completely munched.

Had a lumbar steroid injection on March 1st, fixed me for a few days. Last Thursday I was trying not to be lazy and did some work in the garage, Changed the oil in my truck, polished up the Mustang etc. After a few hours of that, my right leg and foot went completely went numb and I couldn't walk. I went inside and tried to stretch it out, but no dice. I work a split shift, and about the time I had to go to work, I was in bad shape. Went outside to drive to work, and fell. I was in complete agony, in tears actually the pain was so bad.

Had to call in to work, which for me is a bad thing as I pride myself on my work ethic. Ended up having a friend drive me to the pain management doc, was able to get an emergency appointment. Not much the doc could do outside of giving me Narco and Flexaril. I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday in a drug induced haze, locked to the couch. Things started to improve, slightly, by Sunday.

Had another Steroid injection in my spine on Monday. I am feeling MUCH better right now. Another MRI next Monday and follow up with the pain management doc Friday.

This has been a wake up call. I don't take care of my body. I am overweight, I don't exercise enough, and I have been paying the price. I am not morbidly obese or anything, but I can't live like this. I am determine to make a life style change, because I know if I drop a few pounds, things will improve by default. A few years ago I was working out a lot and I never had any back issues. It's time for a change.

Back pain from a herniated disk was the worst pain I’ve felt in my life. Sit-ups and other core strengthening exercises fixed me for a few years. When it happened again, I had surgery to fuse my L4 and L5 and I have been fine for 25 years.

Good luck to you.

BigRedChief
03-21-2018, 08:04 AM

About an hour later, the nurse called. Surgery was complete. They found that at birth, her Small Intestine kinked up like a hose, so she removed the excess tissue. She also said that she was looking for any reason to remove the appendix due to our family history and said the tip was slightly inflamed, so it's gone.If that happened to my kid, I'd be a mental wreck. Sounds like you held it together and were there for your daughter and family in their moment of crisis. Well done sir.:clap:

All that said, after losing my 14.5 year old Lab and best friend just last week and now this, it's been a fairly rough March.Our dogs are like family to us. Sorry for your loss.

Fish
03-21-2018, 08:12 AM
I buried my cat last night. He was with my for 19 years.

IowaHawkeyeChief
03-21-2018, 08:13 AM
If that happened to my kid, I'd be a mental wreck. Sounds like you held it together and were there for your daughter and family in their moment of crisis. Well done sir.:clap:

Our dogs are like family to us. Sorry for your loss.

^this^

Glad things turned out OK for you Dane. I hope you get another dog, it's tough to lose them, but so awesome to have them.

Shaid
03-21-2018, 08:14 AM
Damn guys, that's a lot of crap going on. Prayers for all of you.

Eleazar
03-21-2018, 08:14 AM
Dealing with parents' aging can be difficult, even in the beginning stages where you're just dealing with mild cognitive development issues. Apart from all the questions about your loved one's welfare, you also think of possible diagnoses that are normally hereditary, and about your own children down the road. It's a heck of a thing. Just think on this and consider going out of your way to be kind to anyone in your life who might be dealing with it.

Eleazar
03-21-2018, 08:15 AM

Sorry man. That's rough. But you can think of what a good life he was given and how lucky and content he was.

Rasputin
03-21-2018, 08:15 AM

Larned St Hospital is hiring if you want to work lots of overtime and not have a life this job is for you. Even if you don't want the overtime too bad we get mandated to work till relief arrives four to eight hours later.

BigRedChief
03-21-2018, 08:20 AM
It’s therapeutic to dump the pain fellas. Well wishes to everyone, and sincerely.
I can vouch for that.

I grew up poor. My Dad was a real asshole, mad at the world. Blamed everyone but himself. Drank a case of beer a day since my first memories in life. Told me twice in my life that I did good at something. Grew up filled with anger myself.

Finally in young adulthood, realized we cant choose our parents or circumstances of our birth. I just let that shit go and pursued my own life.

chinaski
03-21-2018, 08:23 AM
Back pain from a herniated disk was the worst pain I’ve felt in my life. Sit-ups and other core strengthening exercises fixed me for a few years. When it happened again, I had surgery to fuse my L4 and L5 and I have been fine for 25 years.

Good luck to you.

Thank you, it's a depressing thing.

Top it off, we lost Izzy dog and Annie cat within the last month and a half. It's been a rough couple of months.

Simply Red
03-21-2018, 08:24 AM

I saw that - sorry brother.

BigRedChief
03-21-2018, 08:28 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnAsO9DTEKlrUi78_dBvTNA_71V1TO4joqhIJqP_Td0N1BG9Kz

BigRedChief
03-21-2018, 08:30 AM
I buried my cat last night. He was with my for 19 years.Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling, it sucks.

Why Not?
03-21-2018, 08:35 AM
I can vouch for that.

I grew up poor. My Dad was a real asshole, mad at the world. Blamed everyone but himself. Drank a case of beer a day since my first memories in life. Told me twice in my life that I did good at something. Grew up filled with anger myself.

Finally in young adulthood, realized we cant choose our parents or circumstances of our birth. I just let that shit go and pursued my own life.

Good on you, BRC. My greatest goal in life is to not be a shitty dad like you had.

Why Not?
03-21-2018, 08:39 AM
Mine kinda pales compared to some of what y'all are going through but it's mine. Found out about a week ago we had a slab leak in our house. Plumbers had to cut large chunks of wall out in 4 separate places to get it fixed. $3,500 not including what I need to pay the restoration guys to fix the wall(thankfully I have a friend who owns a restoration company so I'm only paying labor and materials, no mark up). Since there was no actual water damage, home owners insurance pays exactly fuck all.

frozenchief
03-21-2018, 09:12 AM

March does sound rough. Sorry to hear about your dog and your friend but I am really glad your daughter came through surgery well. Hang in there, if for no other reason that CP needs someone to call other posters “butt-fucking morons”.

Rasputin
03-21-2018, 09:25 AM
For those with back issues I can say FUCK epidural injection. Fucking doctor made me get not one not two but three of them each a month apart before he goes well I looked at your XRay that we took 8 months ago and may send you to a surgeon in Wichita. Fucking 8 months of agony but no insurance I couldnt switch doctor without a referral Ive gone to ER in complete pain like 5 times during that time. Well I finally saw the surgeon and he said I could have severed a nerve in my low back so he had me back in two days and had back surgery for a bone crushing a nerve.

It took some recovery time but I'm thankful for having the surgery done just never want go through that again but still deal with discomfort but I'm trying exercise and build strength. That was 8 years ago and since then I had a amblical hernia that got me out of shape and worse finding out I have COPD and have to live with it really really sucks.

Rasputin
03-21-2018, 09:30 AM
Last year I had this big fish I was reeling in and almost had him in my grasp and then he did this flop in the water and bent the leader and got away. :deevee::deevee::deevee:

Simply Red
03-21-2018, 09:31 AM
thank you BRC.

wazu
03-21-2018, 09:33 AM
For those with back issues I can say FUCK epidural injection. Fucking doctor made me get not one not two but three of them each a month apart before he goes well I looked at your XRay that we took 8 months ago and may send you to a surgeon in Wichita. Fucking 8 months of agony but no insurance I couldnt switch doctor without a referral Ive gone to ER in complete pain like 5 times during that time. Well I finally saw the surgeon and he said I could have severed a nerve in my low back so he had me back in two days and had back surgery for a bone crushing a nerve.

It took some recovery time but I'm thankful for having the surgery done just never want go through that again but still deal with discomfort but I'm trying exercise and build strength. That was 8 years ago and since then I had a amblical hernia that got me out of shape and worse finding out I have COPD and have to live with it really really sucks.

Yikes, I think this might put you in the lead. Best of luck managing those health conditions. Particularly sorry to hear about the COPD. Hope it can be managed with reasonable comfort.

Rasputin
03-21-2018, 09:51 AM
Yikes, I think this might put you in the lead. Best of luck managing those health conditions. Particularly sorry to hear about the COPD. Hope it can be managed with reasonable comfort.

The doctor (different doc than my other) has me on a pretty good breathing treatment plan but I hate using the nebulizer mostly makes me feel like an old man but it does help and my rescue inhaler is same medicine so I can just take a hit on that instead of nebulizer but nebulizer is good to use.

The thing that sucks most is going into aspirations and particularly having them during sex when you are giving it your all but when you start grasping for air and not wanting to stop it's scary when you can't breathe. Also your chest feels like it's on fire or sometimes like an elephant stepping on you when you get sick it compounded.

Rasputin
03-21-2018, 09:58 AM
What really ails me though I have a pimple on the inside of my right nostril that won't go away and I haven't been able to pop it.

Rain Man
03-21-2018, 10:07 AM
Back problems seem to be the most common scourge on Chiefsplanet. Best wishes to all of you who are suffering from that.

dlphg9
03-21-2018, 10:18 AM
Back problems seem to be the most common scourge on Chiefsplanet. Best wishes to all of you who are suffering from that.

Yep. I have back problems. Nothing too terrible, but I'm still young and I know it's only going to get worse. Being overweight doesn't seem to help that problem, but I've been working on that.

ModSocks
03-21-2018, 10:23 AM

Fuck dude, that must've been terrifying. Glad she's ok. Sucks to hear about your dog.

notorious
03-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Keep your chins up, guys.

I would make a post here, but reading this thread shows how weak my "problems" are.

ModSocks
03-21-2018, 10:28 AM
Just found out my grandpa has cancer. Just passed the one year anniversary of my grandma passing. They raised me and really gave me the foundation for everything that I have...

It sucks.

Bummer, man. I know the feels. My grandmother recently past around christmas time. My family is a bunch of ****s, but my grandmother was always good to me. She was my favorite. I never got to say goodbye. I never saw her past my high school graduation.

Next thing you know, my half sister calls me to tell me my drunken father came stumbling by to tell her grandma died.

I get in contact with my uncle by digging around facebook to find out when the funeral is and he tells me, "Oh she died about two months ago, no one told you? We've already buried her"

Rasputin
03-21-2018, 10:30 AM

I would make a post here, but reading this thread shows how weak my "problems" are.

Has your wife ever plucked your eyebrows? If so you have my sympathy also grounds for divorce imo.

Sassy Squatch
03-21-2018, 10:32 AM

Or self inflicted stupidity like mine.

stumppy
03-21-2018, 10:38 AM

Been there. I crushed a disc and splintered two vertebrae. After dealing with it a few years (the six injections at a time really sucked every month) the surgeon cut my abdomen open and did the front side, flipped be over and cut my back open and did the back side along with breaking bone off my hip to use for the fusion. I've got titanium screws, cages and plates in me. Went through a hell of a lot to get to where I am now, still have problems but it's better than it was.
To repeat: Back problems suck!:cuss:

PunkinDrublic
03-21-2018, 10:43 AM
My Dad passed away a couple of weeks ago. All my grandparents are gone. He had just turned 70. In December I found out he had some rapidly developing brain cancer and I either needed to come back to the states over Christmas to spend time with him while he was still able to speak and communicate or come back for the memorial service. I chose to come back to see him over Christmas and I spent every day by his bedside until it was time for me to go home. I was the one who had to make the decision to move him to hospice when his body stopped responding to treatment because I’m the only child. I came back to my job here in southern China because my Dad was very supportive of me doing this. Losing a parent sucks and it’s been difficult. I tell myself that the best way to honor your loved ones who have passed on is to live the best life you can.

notorious
03-21-2018, 10:45 AM
My Dad passed away a couple of weeks ago. All my grandparents are gone. He had just turned 70. In December I found out he had some rapidly developing brain cancer and I either needed to come back to the states over Christmas to spend time with him while

:(

Simply Red
03-21-2018, 10:48 AM
My Dad passed away a couple of weeks ago. All my grandparents are gone. He had just turned 70. In December I found out he had some rapidly developing brain cancer and I either needed to come back to the states over Christmas to spend time with him while

sorry bud.

Rasputin
03-21-2018, 10:54 AM

It sucks.

Man I can relate being raised by my grandparents they adopted my brother and me as my biological father was dying with a brain tumor I had not known this and my biological mom was a slut whore that gone out with abusive pieces of shit. Thankfully my grandparents rescued us but nightmares have haunted me long time. I call them Mom and Dad and also miss them :(

/
I'll never forget the mother fucker with prosthetic arm and pinching steal claw hooks for fingers that my biological slut whore mom was seeing and I went for a weekend visit. That guy kept pinching my arm and it hurt. I was 8 I think and I took the biggest knife I could find in the kitchen and hid but I know I was going kill him if he came near me again.

Now I can say I've pretty much forgiven biological slut whore mom and she has done what she could to make amends I know she got herself hurt bad and I do love her today and more feel sorry for her it wasn't all her fault but wish she just stayed with my biological father. Things would have been a lot different but I'm grateful for being adopted by my grandparents.

Rasputin
03-21-2018, 10:56 AM
This thread is making me depressed.

PunkinDrublic
03-21-2018, 10:57 AM
sorry bud.

Thanks man.

PunkinDrublic
03-21-2018, 11:01 AM
This thread is making me depressed.

I think it’s kind of therapeutic to be honest.

ModSocks
03-21-2018, 11:11 AM
My Dad passed away a couple of weeks ago. All my grandparents are gone. He had just turned 70. In December I found out he had some rapidly developing brain cancer and I either needed to come back to the states over Christmas to spend time with him while he was still able to speak and communicate or come back for the memorial service. I chose to come back to see him over Christmas and I spent every day by his bedside until it was time for me to go home. I was the one who had to make the decision to move him to hospice when his body stopped responding to treatment because I’m the only child. I came back to my job here in southern China because my Dad was very supportive of me doing this. Losing a parent sucks and it’s been difficult. I tell myself that the best way to honor your loved ones who have passed on is to live the best life you can.

/brohug

Rasputin
03-21-2018, 11:15 AM
I think it’s kind of therapeutic to be honest.

I agree but I was touching on some suppressed feelings that kinda choked me up for a minute.

Sassy Squatch
03-21-2018, 11:17 AM
I agree but I was touching on some suppressed feelings that kinda choked me up for a minute.
Better out than in.

Bugeater
03-21-2018, 11:37 AM

Especially so with the health issues. I may be in a bad spot but I'm getting by and things are far worse for many others. Gotta keep things in perspective.

The Franchise
03-21-2018, 11:40 AM
Especially so with the health issues. I may be in a bad spot but I'm getting by and things are far worse for many others. Gotta keep things in perspective.

I look at my life and some of the shit that I'm going through and it seems rough. Then I come in here and read shit like yours....and my shit pales in comparison to all of these.

cabletech94
03-21-2018, 11:54 AM
same here guys. no need to type about my pain.

you are all my brothers and sisters and i love you all one and the same.

i am here for you as i am sure you would be here for me as well.

Hammock Parties
03-21-2018, 11:56 AM
No.

gblowfish
03-21-2018, 12:05 PM
Nothing but good thoughts for all the CPers that are in pain, either physically or emotionally or both.

Being a grown up sucks.

Buehler445
03-21-2018, 12:27 PM

Ain’t that some shit?

I contemplated posting some stuff here but hell my life is easy at the moment.

Fire Me Boy!
03-21-2018, 12:45 PM
Just health issues. I have a lot of medical shit to contend with at the moment, and this thread came about just as I was getting a little overwhelmed by it.

Still on dialysis, so that’s fun. My prescription changed recently, so now I have to do a manual treatment in the middle of the day.

At the end of the year I was hospitalized with a couple nasty toe infections, and my body isn’t responding to treatment well. Probably going to lose at least 2 toes.

Started hyperbaric oxygen treatment this week for the feet - two hours M-F in a tube.

It’s just a lot to handle right now.

vailpass
03-21-2018, 01:19 PM
Semi-chronic back pain here.
Diagnosed as severe pelvic strain brought on by many years of supporting an oversized front-hanging weight that put a strain on my lower back and my frontal trousers. As result I sit when I pee and cannot wear button fly jeans.

Graystoke
03-21-2018, 01:27 PM
Life is like that and this.
My Dad turned 87 last fall.
Great guy, seriously the nicest fella you would ever meet. Loves the simple life. I can call him and say, "What you doing Dad?" and he will reply in the happiest voice "Absolutely Nothing! Come over for coffee!"
Started at Christmas, he is losing his mind. Still happy as a clam, but indeed it makes me sad. I just want to go get a soda with the guy and relive it all again one more time.

Thinking about all of you CP!

Hammock Parties
03-21-2018, 01:30 PM
Still happy as a clam, but indeed it makes me sad. I just want to go get a soda with the guy and relive it all again one more time.

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.

Direckshun
03-21-2018, 01:42 PM
Just health issues. I have a lot of medical shit to contend with at the moment, and this thread came about just as I was getting a little overwhelmed by it.

Still on dialysis, so that’s fun. My prescription changed recently, so now I have to do a manual treatment in the middle of the day.

At the end of the year I was hospitalized with a couple nasty toe infections, and my body isn’t responding to treatment well. Probably going to lose at least 2 toes.

Started hyperbaric oxygen treatment this week for the feet - two hours M-F in a tube.

...in a tube?

Mind if I ask what you're talking about? I'm not familiar.

Direckshun
03-21-2018, 01:44 PM
Life is like that and this.
My Dad turned 87 last fall.
Great guy, seriously the nicest fella you would ever meet. Loves the simple life. I can call him and say, "What you doing Dad?" and he will reply in the happiest voice "Absolutely Nothing! Come over for coffee!"
Started at Christmas, he is losing his mind. Still happy as a clam, but indeed it makes me sad. I just want to go get a soda with the guy and relive it all again one more time.

Thinking about all of you CP!

God, I'll be so fortunate if I make it to 87 before that sets in.

I'm sorry to hear that relationship may not be what it once was. I'm not even sure there are words to comfort you as you deal with it.

tooge
03-21-2018, 01:49 PM

Very sorry to hear all that man. Glad your daughter is well and you don't have to worry about the apendix anymore, and so sorry bout the dog. Dogs are the best.

Fire Me Boy!
03-21-2018, 01:55 PM
...in a tube?

Mind if I ask what you're talking about? I'm not familiar.

Hyperbaric oxygen chamber. It's like an 8'x3' tube they slide me into, seal the chamber, and drop the atmosphere to 2 (equivalent of being about 65 feet under water). They then fill the chamber with 100% oxygen for 80 minutes. The pressure allows my body to absorb an exponentially increased amount of oxygen, which aids healing.

tooge
03-21-2018, 01:56 PM
This thread reminds me of that old excercise they used with us in officer training in the military. Everyone write your biggest problem on a piece of colored paper. Put them all in a box. Everyone draw a different problem. More often than not, you'd rather have your own problem than that of others.

Rasputin
03-21-2018, 02:10 PM
I thought single parenting a teen age girl was rough but being Dad of a twenty one year old has it's own stress Merritt. She's had it rough too but by golly I didn't tell her she has to go to School of Hard Knocks she chose that path herself but she is a trooper and has to live it her way. I'm just here as a safety net.

Rain Man
03-21-2018, 02:11 PM
I thought single parenting a teen age girl was rough but being Dad of a twenty one year old has it's own stress Merritt. She's had it rough too but by golly I didn't tell her she has to go to School of Hard Knocks she chose that path herself but she is a trooper and has to live it her way. I'm just here as a safety net.

Tip of the day: don't tell her that she'll always be five years old to you.

IowaHawkeyeChief
03-21-2018, 02:13 PM

Glioblastoma? I lost my brother to brain cancer 3 years ago... sucks.

IowaHawkeyeChief
03-21-2018, 02:15 PM

Prayers for you

IowaHawkeyeChief
03-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Hyperbaric oxygen chamber. It's like an 8'x3' tube they slide me into, seal the chamber, and drop the atmosphere to 2 (equivalent of being about 65 feet under water). They then fill the chamber with 100% oxygen for 80 minutes. The pressure allows my body to absorb an exponentially increased amount of oxygen, which aids healing.

Didn't Michael Jackson or another celebrity use to sleep in one? Does it seem to help?

Fire Me Boy!
03-21-2018, 02:22 PM
Didn't Michael Jackson or another celebrity use to sleep in one? Does it seem to help?

Don't know about MJ. Today was my third day, so too early to tell. Doc said realistically 3-4 weeks before any measurable improvement.

eDave
03-21-2018, 02:34 PM
My David don't you worry
This cold world is not for you
So rest your head upon me
I have strength to carry you

Follow me down to the valley below
You know Moonlight is bleeding from out of your soul

bricks
03-21-2018, 02:55 PM
First off, I want to say thank you Direckshun for starting this thread. Props to you! You da man.

Now onto myself, what bothers me the most is that I can never sleep properly.

I have no troubles falling asleep but the problem is my sleep is broken.

I will go to bed at like 1am and get up at like 5am because I gotta pee. And then go back to sleep for like 2 hours, wake up again at like 7:30am because I have to pee again.

Then I start thinking wtf is wrong? Why am I constantly experiencing this? This happens EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT!

There are times when I experience this getting 8 hours of sleep total in a day (when I do I never feel refreshed. Througout the day, I feel like falling asleep on my job and my brain just wants to shut down. This is narcolepsy imo. I get scared whenever I drive to work and had near miss accidents). Then there are times when I get maybe 4 or 6 hours of rest in a day and cant go back to sleep.

Also, there are times when this happens that I have nightmares. And that contributes to waking me up in the middle of the night. Ive also had episodes of sleepwalking. My sleep has been atrocious. I could never sleep consistently and peaceful throughout the night.

I don’t know what to do or how to fix this problem? It affects the quality of life to the point where I cant think properly, I get moody, lethargic, depressed, impaired memory that affects my learning skills and have had thoughts of suicide. Any thoughts, prayers or suggestions would be well appreciated. Thank you!

Marcellus
03-21-2018, 03:25 PM

Damn dude that is a lot to handle, hang in there and imagine how calm and smooth things will be when get through it.

Are you on a transplant list?

patteeu
03-21-2018, 03:25 PM
First off, I want to say thank you Direckshun for starting this thread. Props to you! You da man.

Now onto myself, what bothers me the most is that I can never sleep properly.

I have no troubles falling asleep but the problem is my sleep is broken.

I will go to bed at like 1am and get up at like 5am because I gotta pee. And then go back to sleep for like 2 hours, wake up again at like 7:30am because I have to pee again.

Then I start thinking wtf is wrong? Why am I constantly experiencing this? This happens EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT!

There are times when I experience this getting 8 hours of sleep total in a day (when I do I never feel refreshed. Througout the day, I feel like falling asleep on my job and my brain just wants to shut down. This is narcolepsy imo. I get scared whenever I drive to work and had near miss accidents). Then there are times when I get maybe 4 or 6 hours of rest in a day and cant go back to sleep.

Also, there are times when this happens that I have nightmares. And that contributes to waking me up in the middle of the night. Ive also had episodes of sleepwalking. My sleep has been atrocious. I could never sleep consistently and peaceful throughout the night.

I don’t know what to do or how to fix this problem? It affects the quality of life to the point where I cant think properly, I get moody, lethargic, depressed, impaired memory that affects my learning skills and have had thoughts of suicide. Any thoughts, prayers or suggestions would be well appreciated. Thank you!

Have you talked to your doctor about this? He can have you checked for sleep apnea and get you on a cpap machine that might help. He can also consider the possibility that your prostate is enlarged. It seems like he ought to be able to help you in some way. Good luck.

bricks
03-21-2018, 03:29 PM
Have you talked to your doctor about this? He can have you checked for sleep apnea and get you on a cpap machine that might help. He can also consider the possibility that your prostate is enlarged. It seems like he ought to be able to help you in some way. Good luck.

I havent talked to him about it but I plan to very soon.

Its a good idea that I do that asap. Thank you.

BigRedChief
03-21-2018, 03:38 PM
Have you talked to your doctor about this? He can have you checked for sleep apnea and get you on a cpap machine that might help. He can also consider the possibility that your prostate is enlarged. It seems like he ought to be able to help you in some way. Good luck.yeah, bricks you should explore trying CPAP. There are medicines you can take to have more bladder control and or reduce prostate size. Might improve your quality of life. I was a Respiratory Therapist for 10 years. Any info you need, you can PM me.

BigRedChief
03-21-2018, 03:45 PM
Don't know about MJ. Today was my third day, so too early to tell. Doc said realistically 3-4 weeks before any measurable improvement.l use to run Hyperbaric chambers. Doesnt work for everyone but I’ve seen it positively effect the health about 50% of the people who went into the chamber. Just my personal experience. Your results may vary. :)

bricks
03-21-2018, 03:56 PM
yeah, bricks you should explore trying CPAP. There are medicines you can take to have more bladder control and or reduce prostate size. Might improve your quality of life. I was a Respiratory Therapist for 10 years. Any info you need, you can PM me.

Thank you BRC. Much appreciated!:thumb:

displacedinMN
03-21-2018, 04:20 PM
There is a thread on sleep apnea. Really helped me.

Hope everyone gets through the shit that goes on in your life. Life is not easy. It all depends on how you handle the bad stuff.

BigRedChief
03-21-2018, 04:30 PM
There is a thread on sleep apnea. Really helped me.anyone who feels tired when they wake up should go get checked. It’s not just apnea, there may be issues with you getting into Rem3 sleep. You never get there, you will never feel rested no matter how little or how much “sleep” you get in a night.

bdj23
03-21-2018, 05:01 PM
I had a shitty day at work, I've been up since 3:30 in the morning and to top it off... i shattered the tempered glass window on my stove when i got home from work.

Today blows goats.

Sassy Squatch
03-21-2018, 05:05 PM
If anything, this thread is a serious kick in the ass to lose some weight.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-21-2018, 06:37 PM
Wow, a lot of heavy stuff people are dealing with. It's easy to get depressed over whats going on in your life. My Mom told me a long time ago if you ever feel like killing yourself ,wait till tomorrow. And it's true, as bad as things seem at the time, they always pass.

I've been through some really tough times. Really tough, suicidal type. It's what farmers go through. I was 1.2million in debt and out of business in 2008. 120K in back taxes and no hope..

10 years later , I was out of debt , all taxes paid and sold the farm. Never give up. tomorrow is always a new day.

EPodolak
03-21-2018, 07:03 PM
Not many posts in this thread I can't relate pretty directly to. Back problems and health concerns, lost parents (who regarded me as the "baby", being their youngest), job and finances, etc. I appreciate these keepin' it real threads, good advice and a lot of generosity. Good idea Direckshun. I've taken to writing down a few things I'm grateful for every day. It does re-focus what you pay attention to, in general things don't get to me like they did when I was younger. Peace everyone.

Chiefshrink
03-21-2018, 07:09 PM
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.

also "Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes".:shrug:

Good group therapy in here for sure.:thumb:

BryanBusby
03-21-2018, 07:23 PM
I've hit the point with my job where I know my work is a toxic environment and I absolutely need to get out. I also know that I really need to change professions.

The idea of doing it is absolutely terrifying being the sole provider, but I know I'll feel like I want to die if I stick around.

Adulting. Catch the fever!

BigRedChief
03-21-2018, 07:37 PM
I've hit the point with my job where I know my work is a toxic environment and I absolutely need to get out. I also know that I really need to change professions.

The idea of doing it is absolutely terrifying being the sole provider, but I know I'll feel like I want to die if I stick around.

Adulting. Catch the fever!its really tough to change. Your responsible for others that you love. People always sacrifice their own happiness in those situations. Obviously the best path is to find another place where you would be happy but still provide until the change is made. It’s a tough call. I’ve been there done that. There is no easy answer. I still hope one becomes available to you.

Fish
03-21-2018, 08:31 PM

Pat has some great advice here. You're likely looking at a combination of separate issues. Be sure to follow up on the prostate check, as terrible as that sounds. It's important.

Remember that Star Trek: TNG episode Night Terrors. If you can't sleep long enough to dream, it'll make you go crazy, man.....

kysirsoze
03-21-2018, 09:26 PM

Lost my dad almost six years ago at about the same age as yours. Unfolded over a couple months from seemingly healthy to gone. This post had me in tears. I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with him before the end.

Iowanian
03-21-2018, 10:03 PM
Some rough stories here. We all have them.

I don't know much, but I know if you evaluate your problem, there isn't always a solution but there is something positive you can do as a F U to that situation. Think about what is bother you enough to post or that is too personal to share, and you can figure out a way to do something good with it. Sometimes, when you're not looking the answer is provided to you.

If your issue related to medical, do something like donate blood(I do now) get yourself on a marrow donor list.....do something good in the memory-name of your person.

If we all do that....maybe more people have less bad days

The redacted thing I wrote can kiss my ass

Pasta Little Brioni
03-21-2018, 10:27 PM
Damn..

PunkinDrublic
03-21-2018, 10:28 PM
Lost my dad almost six years ago at about the same age as yours. Unfolded over a couple months from seemingly healthy to gone. This post had me in tears. I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with him before the end.

The hardest part was having to watch him yell at the nurses and doctors that he was fine and was ready to go home. My Dad served in Vietnam and a lot of men of his age start developing some kind of cancer later on around the same age. My Dads side of the family has strong genes and the men and women usually live a long time. I’m so grateful he died surrounded by people who loved him.

Cornstock
03-21-2018, 10:37 PM
My shit pales in comparison so I won't post it.

But the day my support group is gone, namely my mom, will be a terrible day.

Just gonna look up and know there are bigger plans.

Buck
03-21-2018, 10:54 PM
My grandmother passed away yesterday morning unexpectedly, and I'm really sad. She was the sweetest woman and it just doesn't feel real.

Buehler445
03-21-2018, 10:58 PM
My grandmother passed away yesterday morning unexpectedly, and I'm really sad. She was the sweetest woman and it just doesn't feel real.

Fuck man, sorry to hear that.

PunkinDrublic
03-21-2018, 11:01 PM

Sorry to hear that Buck.

Rasputin
03-22-2018, 01:03 AM

Sorry for your lost. Grammas should live as long as we do.

notorious
03-22-2018, 06:17 AM
Feeling for you Buck. Grandmas are special.

rabblerouser
03-25-2018, 06:57 AM

Damn, Buck...I'm sorry.

Mile High Mania
03-25-2018, 07:16 AM
It's an odd realization when you reach the age that you should not be surprised to hear of former classmates passing away. Late 40s now and it seems like this happens once a year for the last couple of years.

Learned yesterday that a girl I knew since kindergarten, but had not been close to since high school... although FB does what it can to connect people... she passed away from liver/kidney failure.

47 is too young.

Buehler445
03-25-2018, 07:45 AM
It's an odd realization when you reach the age that you should not be surprised to hear of former classmates passing away. Late 40s now and it seems like this happens once a year for the last couple of years.

Learned yesterday that a girl I knew since kindergarten, but had not been close to since high school... although FB does what it can to connect people... she passed away from liver/kidney failure.

47 is too young.

Dad is 61. He’s handled a bunch of shit though his life without much trouble. He really struggled when he lost a couple of classmates to old man type stuff and his brother struggled getting over some pneumonia. It was visible struggle.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2018, 10:57 AM

47 is too young.

Last October, I lost a close friend at age 46. He'd been married to his college sweetheart since they were 22 years old, have two young boys and a 16 year old daughter. The dude was lean and fit but died of complications due to Sleep Apnea.

Way too young.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2018, 11:02 AM
Dad is 61. He’s handled a bunch of shit though his life without much trouble. He really struggled when he lost a couple of classmates to old man type stuff and his brother struggled getting over some pneumonia. It was visible struggle.

My Dad's 75 years old. He's still extremely active, putting 5k miles on his Harley last summer, duck hunting at 4:30am and as of the past month, tiling a backsplash in their newly remodeled kitchen (which didn't need to be remodeled - my mom's just bored) as well as a bathroom and bedroom on their top floor.

My parents had been having parties at their home for years and years, nearly every Saturday night for a decade. Slowly, the volume of people began to wane, as people were literally dying week after week. One week, they'd be partying and shooting pool in my parent's basement - they next, they'd be dead of a stroke or heart attack.

They're at the point now where there's only one or two couples left that are in their age group and it seems like they're going to funerals more often than not lately.

Getting old sucks.

burt
03-25-2018, 11:16 AM
Getting old sucks.

I'm thinking it beats the alternative.

rabblerouser
03-25-2018, 11:23 AM

Come here, baby...

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2018, 11:37 AM
I'm thinking it beats the alternative.

For some, I'd imagine that's true.

For others, like elderly that are victims of strokes, which is all too common, I'm not so sure...

Advanced Parkinson's, Dementia, Alzheimer's - no thanks.

My 91 year old grandmother passed away last year and my mom had been caring for her every day for 5 years, the last three in a nursing home.

My grandmother had advanced Dementia was not herself. My mom said it was horrible to see her deteriorate.

Chiefshrink
03-25-2018, 12:22 PM
"Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes".

Physically the golden years are not golden. A pure lie for sure.;)

burt
03-25-2018, 12:50 PM
My grandmother had advanced Dementia was not herself. My mom said it was horrible to see her deteriorate.

Yeah...that truly is sadder than death......

bricks
03-25-2018, 01:48 PM

Adulting. Catch the fever!

Damn dude thats tough.

Have you thought of any backup plans or alternative ways to make money while pursuing a different career?

I hear what youre saying in that you want to leave your current profession but at the same time you need it making the decision difficult.

Mile High Mania
03-25-2018, 04:00 PM

For others, like elderly that are victims of strokes, which is all too common, I'm not so sure...

My 91 year old grandmother passed away last year and my mom had been caring for her every day for 5 years, the last three in a nursing home.

Same thing with my grandmother... terrible way to go and horrible for the family.

eDave
03-25-2018, 04:04 PM

I'm witnessing my dad deteriorate into dementia. I never understood those who said it's the worst to go through. Now I do. Both heartbreaking and frustrating as hell.

Titty Meat
03-25-2018, 04:49 PM
I am overworked as hell. Had a great interview with a new job which would double my salary made it sound like by last Friday it would be a done deal. They sent me an email saying the process is taking longer than thought. On top of being overworked I'm convinced I will not get the new job.

SuperBowl4
03-26-2018, 10:51 AM
I am overworked as hell. Had a great interview with a new job which would double my salary made it sound like by last Friday it would be a done deal. They sent me an email saying the process is taking longer than thought. On top of being overworked I'm convinced I will not get the new job.Being your username is Titty Meat was the new job you applied for in the the adult entertainment field by any chance?

big nasty kcnut
03-26-2018, 12:38 PM
Just tired of working carts since people don't put them in the right place and it's hot and I'm doing all the work and my coworker who supposed to help does only one cart at a time i do at least 20 maybe more at a time. Also getting to be where I'm so sore it hard to move.

durtyrute
03-26-2018, 12:47 PM
Currently going through a separation and it is the hardest time of my life, including my mother passing away.

patteeu
03-26-2018, 01:08 PM
Currently going through a separation and it is the hardest time of my life, including my mother passing away.

Good luck, durtyrute. Tough times, but it will get better.

durtyrute
03-26-2018, 01:09 PM
Good luck, durtyrute. Tough times, but it will get better.

Thank you Sir

rabblerouser
04-02-2018, 07:55 PM
Grandpa has surgery scheduled for April 18th.

Makes me realize how lucky I really am...

The Franchise
04-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Dogs stomach filled up with fluid yesterday. Taking her in for X-rays tomorrow. She’s 13 years old with a heart murmur. I’m not looking forward to what they’re going to say. My wife is going to be devastated if we have to put her down.

Direckshun
04-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Grandpa has surgery scheduled for April 18th.

Makes me realize how lucky I really am...

Explain, please.

Good luck on his surgery!

Direckshun
04-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Dogs stomach filled up with fluid yesterday. Taking her in for X-rays tomorrow. She’s 13 years old with a heart murmur. I’m not looking forward to what they’re going to say. My wife is going to be devastated if we have to put her down.

I'm sorry to hear that, big man. How will you handle the news, should it be as negative as you think it's going to be?

SupDock
04-02-2018, 10:00 PM
My wife and I just had our second child on 3/29 at 29 weeks. We live 1.5 hours away and went to the hospital to see a perinatologist who promptly told us it was time to deliver. Our little one is doing well all things considered, 2lbs 12 oz at birth, currently on CPAP, getting all his nutrition through umbilical lines, in an isolette. Conservatively we are looking at 50 days in the NICU

I am now coordinating taking care of our 4 year old at home, and taking care of my wife who just had a c-section and can't drive, and our little one who is 90 miles from our home.

Not fun, but family has been supportive and we are doing well all things considered

BryanBusby
04-03-2018, 12:45 AM
Damn dude thats tough.

Have you thought of any backup plans or alternative ways to make money while pursuing a different career?

I hear what youre saying in that you want to leave your current profession but at the same time you need it making the decision difficult.
I make a bit of money on the side, but nothing significant.

I'm going to try switching careers, hopefully soon, and hopefully it'll all work out.

rabblerouser
04-03-2018, 06:58 AM
Explain, please.

Good luck on his surgery!

He has colon cancer. Lost my grandma abut 18 mos ago, October '16.

They're who raised me, so it sucks. I see how much older my parents are...

Mortality.

But yeah, he goes in for surgery on the 18th. Fingers crossed...

BigRedChief
04-03-2018, 07:26 AM
Dogs stomach filled up with fluid yesterday. Taking her in for X-rays tomorrow. She’s 13 years old with a heart murmur. I’m not looking forward to what they’re going to say. My wife is going to be devastated if we have to put her down.Our dogs are like family to us. Positive thoughts heading your way.

patteeu
04-03-2018, 07:32 AM
My wife and I just had our second child on 3/29 at 29 weeks. We live 1.5 hours away and went to the hospital to see a perinatologist who promptly told us it was time to deliver. Our little one is doing well all things considered, 2lbs 12 oz at birth, currently on CPAP, getting all his nutrition through umbilical lines, in an isolette. Conservatively we are looking at 50 days in the NICU

I am now coordinating taking care of our 4 year old at home, and taking care of my wife who just had a c-section and can't drive, and our little one who is 90 miles from our home.

Not fun, but family has been supportive and we are doing well all things considered

That's a challenge. I hope your little one comes through ok.

patteeu
04-03-2018, 07:34 AM
He has colon cancer. Lost my grandma abut 18 mos ago, October '16.

They're who raised me, so it sucks. I see how much older my parents are...

Mortality.

But yeah, he goes in for surgery on the 18th. Fingers crossed...

It's tough to see your parent-figures grow infirm and die. I hope your grandpa recovers or at least doesn't suffer too much.

BigRedChief
04-03-2018, 07:41 AM

Not fun, but family has been supportive and we are doing well all things consideredI worked at Children's Mercy NICU in the 90's. We never lost anyone born at 29 weeks that didn't have fatal defects at birth we couldn't correct with surgery. I'm sure with the advancement in the medical field the odds are even better. All they need is an hour or two of calm every 8 hours and they will start putting on the pounds.

Try not to worry about your kid having all kind of tubes, wires in them. It's a good thing. If they are gaining weight, the kid is going to be okay.

There is a customer relations person in the hospital. If they cant get you into the McDonalds house, they will know of several charities, churches and or private citizens that open their homes for people to stay with them while your kid grows. Asl a nurse about this if they havent already contacted you.

Keeping a positive mindset is crucial to yourself and the wife surviving this mentally. Just something you have to deal with to enjoy the kid the rest of your lives.

Every kid I've seen born at 29 weeks has turned into a perfectly normal kid. They would come back to visit us, it was a fantastic part of the job.

The Franchise
04-03-2018, 10:09 AM

NICU nurses are the best. My twins were in the NICU for a little over two weeks and they were well taken care of.

The Franchise
04-03-2018, 10:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, big man. How will you handle the news, should it be as negative as you think it's going to be?

I'm already tearing up thinking about if we have to put her down. I'm NOT looking forward to it. It's just more shit added onto other shit that I'm going through right now. Normally I'm a pretty chill, level headed guy but the stress from everything is trying to wear on me. Wife on short term disability....youngest daughter has a serious concussion.....oldest dog now going through this and our fucking TV just broke to top it all off. And that doesn't factor in with the fact that the busiest time of the year for my job is right around the corner and everything is ramping up. I'm just fucking pulled thin everywhere right now.

Titty Meat
04-03-2018, 10:44 AM
Sorry to hear that Pest. Hope everything turns around for you and your family.

Titty Meat
04-03-2018, 10:45 AM
I am overworked as hell. Had a great interview with a new job which would double my salary made it sound like by last Friday it would be a done deal. They sent me an email saying the process is taking longer than thought. On top of being overworked I'm convinced I will not get the new job.

Sometimes it's good to be wrong. Was offered the position Friday. I paid off all my student loans this year and with this position I will be able to live pretty comfortable. Truly a blessing.

The Franchise
04-03-2018, 10:47 AM
Sometimes it's good to be wrong. Was offered the position Friday. I paid off all my student loans this year and with this position I will be able to live pretty comfortable. Truly a blessing.

Good to hear, man! Congrats on the new job.

patteeu
04-03-2018, 11:23 AM

Congratulations, billay!

SupDock
04-03-2018, 11:42 AM
I worked at Children's Mercy NICU in the 90's. We never lost anyone born at 29 weeks that didn't have fatal defects at birth we couldn't correct with surgery. I'm sure with the advancement in the medical field the odds are even better. All they need is an hour or two of calm every 8 hours and they will start putting on the pounds.

Try not to worry about your kid having all kind of tubes, wires in them. It's a good thing. If they are gaining weight, the kid is going to be okay.

There is a customer relations person in the hospital. If they cant get you into the McDonalds house, they will know of several charities, churches and or private citizens that open their homes for people to stay with them while your kid grows. Asl a nurse about this if they havent already contacted you.

Keeping a positive mindset is crucial to yourself and the wife surviving this mentally. Just something you have to deal with to enjoy the kid the rest of your lives.

Every kid I've seen born at 29 weeks has turned into a perfectly normal kid. They would come back to visit us, it was a fantastic part of the job.
I appreciate that. The social worker and the nurses have all been fantastic. Little man is well cared for