PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet How punctual are you?

DaFace
04-06-2018, 01:16 PM
A coworker (we'll call him Joe) of mine was supposed to go to lunch with another coworker an hour ago (we'll call her Sally), but Sally has been in another meeting that has apparently run more than twice its originally-intended length. This is a frequent occurrence - Sally just doesn't seem to feel like meetings and such are strict times - just a general guideline.

While this kind of thing drives me insane, I know that some people (and cultures) just have a different view of time. So while I think that people who are late all the time suck, I know it's not a universal opinion.

So, how punctual are you?

eDave
04-06-2018, 01:21 PM
If I set a meeting for one hour, I do not go over one hour. And I time check throughout.

It's common courtesy. If it does bleed beyond an hour I'll ask who can continue. If not enough can I'll schedule another. If they can stay, we proceed.

I'm not a big meeting guy.

I show up on time to meetings I'm invited to. If I am running late, I will let the organizer know. Again, common courtesy.

For personal stuff, it depends. Restaurant, concert, etc. I will NOT be late. If it's a party, club, or something like that, I am usually an hour late. I like to arrive later to parties.

BryanBusby
04-06-2018, 01:22 PM
For work, never late. Ever. I might skip some days because fuck it, but if I am going in it's on time. No matter what. Also very strict about time guidelines for things.

Personal, just depends if I like them or not.

Dayze
04-06-2018, 01:24 PM
never ending, go no-where, non-agenda driven, accomplish nothing meetings are the norm at my place.

I'm known for leaving after 15 minutes or so if it's just a bunch of BS-ing or if it's clear I don't need to be there. Unless the meeting is called by one of the big cheeses.

project level meetings....pffft. I'm out if I can tell the meeting is just social hour or just random shit / topics that are all over the place. I"ll leave and say i have other things to do and if anyone has questions to email me or IM me.

MahiMike
04-06-2018, 01:27 PM
I'm always exactly on time. Doesn't matter if I'm driving all the way across town. I'm on time.

CaliforniaChief
04-06-2018, 01:27 PM
I'm rarely late. If I am, I will call/text and give an exact estimate on my arrival with apologies.

Being late is a sign of two things:
1. Terrible planning
2. Total disrespect.

KCrockaholic
04-06-2018, 01:31 PM
I value my friends more than a mandatory meeting set up by my company tbh. For my friends I'll make sure I'm there a little early. For a company meeting I'll show up on time on the dot, but not late.

Dayze
04-06-2018, 01:31 PM
I'm rarely late. If I am, I will call/text and give an exact estimate on my arrival with apologies.

1. Terrible planning
2. Total disrespect.

That.

digger
04-06-2018, 01:33 PM
Always early.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fish
04-06-2018, 01:39 PM
The director of my division has this unwritten rule where they expect everyone to be at every work meeting at minimum 15 minutes early. They will schedule a meeting for say 1pm, and then start the meeting at 12:55 with the expectation that everyone was supposed to be there early. Drives me nuts. If we ever have someone attend the meeting that isn't part of our division, like a spokesperson, they will typically show up a few minutes late when we've already been sitting there for over 20 minutes because of this unspoken policy. So weird...

KCrockaholic
04-06-2018, 01:40 PM
The director of my division has this unwritten rule where they expect everyone to be at every work meeting at minimum 15 minutes early. They will schedule a meeting for say 1pm, and then start the meeting at 12:55 with the expectation that everyone was supposed to be there early. Drives me nuts. If we ever have someone attend the meeting that isn't part of our division, like a spokesperson, they will typically show up a few minutes late when we've already been sitting there for over 20 minutes because of this unspoken policy. So weird...

Such a waste of fuckin time. I'm sure it just turns into a gossip session for 20 minutes.

AssEaterChief
04-06-2018, 01:41 PM

Is your boss Tom Coughlin or something?

eDave
04-06-2018, 01:42 PM

This is dumb. Hopefully you can bring your laptop and get some work done while you wait. So glad I work from home.

Fire Me Boy!
04-06-2018, 01:43 PM
I'm always early. 15 minutes is good.

I run several conference calls during the week, and everyone knows by now that my meetings start on time. I mean, by the second - I stare at my computer clock till it hits the time, and boom, we start.

I absolutely hate meetings and calls where the organizer says, "We'll wait a few minutes for everyone to join." That's punishing the people that bothered to show up on time in favor of catering to the people who didn't care enough, and that makes me angry.

Fire Me Boy!
04-06-2018, 01:44 PM

That's fucking stupid. If you want your meeting to start at 12:55, schedule it at 12:55.

eDave
04-06-2018, 01:45 PM
I'm always early. 15 minutes is good.

I run several conference calls during the week, and everyone knows by now that my meetings start on time. I mean, by the second - I stare at my computer clock till it hits the time, and boom, we start.

I absolutely hate meetings and calls where the organizer says, "We'll wait a few minutes for everyone to join." That's punishing the people that bothered to show up on time in favor of catering to the people who didn't care enough, and that makes me angry.

The norm in my profession. Most have back to back to back meetings all day so it's hard to not fall behind a bit. I allow 3 minutes, while I organize my thoughts. It's usually an Executive to I have to start over, or summarize if they are too late.

3 minutes is a loooong time when you are waiting.

DaFace
04-06-2018, 01:47 PM

Yeah, that's dumb. Probably was started in retaliation because everyone would show up at 1:05, though.

Fire Me Boy!
04-06-2018, 01:48 PM
The norm in my profession. Most have back to back to back meetings all day so it's hard to not fall behind a bit. I allow 3 minutes, while I organize my thoughts. It's usually an Executive to I have to start over, or summarize if they are too late.

3 minutes is a loooong time when you are waiting.

It's the norm in mine, too, but I will not abide. :harumph:

I've been known to start without my boss.

MTG#10
04-06-2018, 01:50 PM
Extremely punctual. I actually get very bad anxiety if I think I may be late to anything. I've been this way as long as I can remember.

I can't stand people who are always late to everything. I actually stopped hanging out with a pretty good friend a couple years ago because I was tired of him never being on time to anything.

eDave
04-06-2018, 01:51 PM
It's the norm in mine, too, but I will not abide. :harumph:

I've been known to start without my boss.

Ha ha. I'll always start without my boss. Alpha af.

You've inspired me to start more punctually.

Fire Me Boy!
04-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Ha ha. I'll always start without my boss. Alpha af.

Hey, if he's late, it's his fault.

Dayze
04-06-2018, 01:54 PM
back in the day, before all the video conferencing/IM/Hangouts/GoTo Meeting etc...I had a boss that would lock the conference room door when the meeting started. and wouldn't open it for anyone. LMAO

Fish
04-06-2018, 01:56 PM
That's fucking stupid. If you want your meeting to start at 12:55, schedule it at 12:55.

I know, right? Poor spokespeople show up, and everyone is all restless and bored.

The Franchise
04-06-2018, 02:05 PM
I'll show up to business meetings a couple of minutes early. It's pretty easy considering my desk is right outside the conference room.

Personal shit....I'll show up 15 minutes early unless it's a party and then it's kind of when we get there.

Buehler445
04-06-2018, 02:06 PM
I used to be the early guy. Early all the time. Now that I’m self employed and have a whole business worth of shit flowing my direction periodically things get moved down the priority list.

If it’s something important I still arrive early. Meetings with landlords banks vendors and shit I will be there on time. Crap meetings that vendors put on or whatever else I might try to push some.

It is becoming a value proposition more and more all the time. However if it is anyone who I would give a shit if they are remotely offended I show up on time or am in constant contact.

Bearcat
04-06-2018, 02:15 PM
I was raised to show up 10-15 minutes early, to the extent that it kind of annoyed me.

There would be times when my parents told me to show up 10 minutes early for something, then would call me 15 minutes prior wondering where I was at..... uh, I'm not going to be early to being early. :spock:

I'd also hear "I've been here for 20 minutes" whenever someone showed up 5 minutes late.

For work, I show up a couple minutes before if not for back to back meetings or whatever... people showing up a little late to conference calls and meetings doesn't really bother me, as they're usually going from one meeting to another or trying to get shit done between meetings.

Personally, I try to show up a few minutes early, but don't sweat it if I'm exactly on time or a minute or two late (but it's never been a habit of mine).... I think it's kind of a waste of time to be 10+ minutes early somewhere, unless of course there's something you're supposed to be doing in that time. Being much more than a couple minutes late is disrespectful if it's a consistent thing, and it is quite annoying when someone can't ever be on time, especially if it's with a larger group (individually, it's easy enough to say "just text me when you're x minutes away" or "just stop by around 6 and we'll go from here").

Molitoth
04-06-2018, 02:17 PM

1. Terrible planning
2. Total disrespect.

Pretty much nailed it.

Time is short, and if you waste my fucking time I'm going to be pissed.

Frazod
04-06-2018, 02:22 PM
Early is on time.
On time is late.
Late is unacceptable.

Bwana
04-06-2018, 02:23 PM
I always try to be at least 5 minutes early to everything. I work with some guys that evidently don't know how to tell time and it drives me crazy.

If I'm traveling with another rep out on the road and I agree to pick them up at a hotel at 7am and there not down in the lobby, I'm not going to be a happy boy.

tmax63
04-06-2018, 02:26 PM
32+ years in the military either in uniform as a civilian. If your you're not there 15 minutes early you're late. I'm only about 5 minutes early for personal things but you can count on 1 hand how many times I've been officially late in the last 15 years.

Red Beans
04-06-2018, 02:30 PM
95% of the time I'm early or on time. However, as I've gotten older I realize that the meetings I'm late for are meetings that I don't think are very important. It's like my subconscious takes over and forces me to be late. A bit of a middle finger to "the man" for wasting my time I suppose.

The Franchise
04-06-2018, 02:31 PM
What gets me is when people are late to interviews that I'm in. Do you not understand that this is for a fucking job? If I have an interview scheduled....my ass is there at least 30 minutes early. Not only am I making sure that I'm on time but if they get done early with the interview before me....it gives them a chance to start mine early.

TribalElder
04-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Being on time is one of my biggest pet peeves

You can waste just about anything and get it back eventually

Except time

If I don’t think I can make it on time to a commitment I won’t commit to it

Buehler445
04-06-2018, 02:40 PM
What gets me is when people are late to interviews that I'm in. Do you not understand that this is for a fucking job? If I have an interview scheduled....my ass is there at least 30 minutes early. Not only am I making sure that I'm on time but if they get done early with the interview before me....it gives them a chance to start mine early.

Cat came in for a job interview once. And we’re pretty laid back on the formalities - don’t require a resume or dress code or anything. But this motherfucker didn’t bring his phone or bother to know I’m his phone number.

:facepalm:

Red Beans
04-06-2018, 02:41 PM
What gets me is when people are late to interviews that I'm in. Do you not understand that this is for a ****ing job? If I have an interview scheduled....my ass is there at least 30 minutes early. Not only am I making sure that I'm on time but if they get done early with the interview before me....it gives them a chance to start mine early.

If you're late for an interview that's about it. I'm amazed at people who no call/no show at interview time and then call later with an excuse.

ChiliConCarnage
04-06-2018, 02:42 PM
personal: I'm a total worry wart if we aren't there or on pace to be someplace early. You're being a dick to people and while it may occasionally be due to a real issue if it's happening frequently it's a you/lack of respect for the other persons time problem.

work: I'm making my best effort to show up ready and on time but I don't control all of the variables and if you're slotting me into back-to-back-to-backs then you did so at your choice and at the discretion of others. works a whole different thing basically and some of it depends on where you rank. It's a huge pet peeve personally though.

The Franchise
04-06-2018, 02:44 PM
If you're late for an interview that's about it. I'm amazed at people who no call/no show at interview time and then call later with an excuse.

The best ones here are the people that are 10 minutes late to an interview and then call in to claim that they're late because of traffic. Really asshole? We fucking live in California. Traffic didn't just appear out of nowhere.

Dunit35
04-06-2018, 02:45 PM
I try to get to work at least 10 minutes early.

Sassy Squatch
04-06-2018, 04:09 PM
How do you arrive late for a fucking job interview? Unless you're going out of your way to be as unhireable ad possible because you're drawing some benefit, that seems like the absolute last thing you'd want to be late for.

Graystoke
04-06-2018, 04:17 PM
It’s against my DNA to be late for anything. I should relax a little about it because everybody I meet they are always late

TimBone
04-06-2018, 04:17 PM
I grew up living with a mom who was twenty minutes late most of the time, and it always drove me crazy. Because of it, as an adult, I'm usually 15-20 minutes early for everything.

My wife shows up to everything pretty much on the dot. If she's scheduled to work at 3pm, sure enough, I can look down from the tower I work in and see her car pulling in to her work parking lot at 2:59. It sucks, but she ain't changing.

Fat Elvis
04-06-2018, 04:30 PM
Early is on time.
On time is late.
Late is unacceptable.

I've got shit to do. I'm not going to sit around waiting for a meeting to start. If you say that a meeting is going to start at 9:00am, I am going to assume that is when the meeting will start. I'm not there to babysit you for 15 minutes beforehand.

Amnorix
04-06-2018, 04:41 PM
I'm RELIGIOUSLY on time. The guy I work with the most is RELIGIOUSLY 5-10 minutes late everywhere we go and everything we do. Drives me bananas. He doesn't do it intentionally, he's just terrible at estimated how long things take. He's largely started allowing me to run the clock. "Hey, when should we leave for our meeting this afternoon?" Thank God!!

Many that I work with are like him. I've had 20 lawyer conf. calls and we're all shooting the breeze for 5-10 minutes waiting for Big Cheese X to show up. At a combined billing rate of -- whatever, $10,000 per hour -- that's pretty f'n ridiculous.

Rasputin
04-06-2018, 04:45 PM
I am never early I am never late nor am I on time but I arrive precisely when I intend to arrive everywhere I go.

Kiimo
04-06-2018, 04:50 PM
One of the biggest and best differences I noticed upon moving out of the midwest and into Southern California is people don't have an intense nazi hard on for punctuality like they do back home.

As long as you aren't more than 20 minutes late nobody gives a shit. It's so nice not to have to worry about Clark the assistant manager from Raytown getting red-faced and furious if someone is 30 seconds late. GFY, Clark.

edit: I sat down at my desk today at 9:12 and nobody else arrived for like 15 minutes.

RedandGold
04-06-2018, 04:54 PM
I've got shit to do. I'm not going to sit around waiting for a meeting to start. If you say that a meeting is going to start at 9:00am, I am going to assume that is when the meeting will start. I'm not there to babysit you for 15 minutes beforehand.

This 100%

For personal things, especially at my house, there’s nothing that’s more irritating than people that feel the need to show up 15+ minutes early. If I wanted you there earlier than the time I set, I would have set it for a different time.

displacedinMN
04-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Early is on time.
On time is late.
Late is unacceptable.

I was going to say the same thing. Especially for work.

Teachers have contract time. The time you are EXPECTED to be there because we may student watch duty. I am always a little early. Just my work ethic.
Some (older and newer) just don't get it. In reality, they can be docked PTO for being late. If they are consistently late-it goes in their reviews and can lead to termination.

I have a few stories.

My wife complains that I am always early

2bikemike
04-06-2018, 04:57 PM
I am the 15 minutes early guy. My wife is the ish girl. I tell her 5:00 that means anywhere between 15 minutes before to 15 minutes after.

rico
04-06-2018, 04:59 PM
Work starts for me at 10:45p every night. I clock in at 10:44 every...single...night. It’s kind of a running joke amongst my co-workers how consistent I am with that. In 3.5 years, I have never clocked in before 10:43p and I have only had 1 tardy due to over-sleeping. My entire family is like this. I don’t know what it is, but the thought of arriving any more than 5 minutes early to something induces extreme irritation and anxiety for me... When I go somewhere where it’s important to get there early, or else I won’t get a decent seat for it, I generally feel like I can crawl out of my skin...

Kiimo
04-06-2018, 05:04 PM
There are a lot of future strokes in this thread.

JoeyChuckles
04-06-2018, 05:05 PM
I hate when people show up to my meetings late, and then the whole thing is derailed because we either have to start again if they are important enough, or we've lost time reexplaining some things. So I show up to all meetings 1-2 minutes early.

In personal life, usually 15 minutes early and just sit and wait in the parking lot or whatever.

04-06-2018, 05:08 PM
I go out of my way to always be 5 minutes early.

Bearcat
04-06-2018, 05:08 PM
One of the biggest and best differences I noticed upon moving out of the midwest and into Southern California is people don't have an intense nazi hard on for punctuality like they do back home.

As long as you aren't more than 20 minutes late nobody gives a shit. It's so nice not to have to worry about Clark the assistant manager from Raytown getting red-faced and furious if someone is 30 seconds late. GFY, Clark.

edit: I sat down at my desk today at 9:12 and nobody else arrived for like 15 minutes.

Heh, when I first read through the thread, I thought... someone being 10+ minutes early and wasting their own time screams Midwest. Go out of your own way and sacrifice your own time for people who will show up on time or late.

I mean, I'd much rather be 15 minutes early than 15 minutes late if other people would be waiting on me, but if I target ~5 minutes early and get there a couple minutes late, I'm not going to lose sleep over it (for the most part... I'm always at a loss when people show up late to an interview).

Pablo
04-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Depends on how gnarly the gangbang is supposed to be.

Kiimo
04-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, an interview is a different thing. I'd never be late for an interview. That said, KC folks can be all gung-ho over being punctual when there's no such thing as traffic. When your Wayz says your drive time is 33 minutes when you leave the house and on the way "We're sensing traffic is building up!" Bam 18 minutes tacked on

ModSocks
04-06-2018, 05:26 PM
My sense of time is impeccable. It's a gift. I generally show up the minute i intend to show up.

TribalElder
04-06-2018, 05:40 PM

Nobody noticed because you were 48 minutes early

Frazod
04-06-2018, 06:17 PM
I was going to say the same thing. Especially for work.

Teachers have contract time. The time you are EXPECTED to be there because we may student watch duty. I am always a little early. Just my work ethic.
Some (older and newer) just don't get it. In reality, they can be docked PTO for being late. If they are consistently late-it goes in their reviews and can lead to termination.

I have a few stories.

My wife complains that I am always early

My father-in-law has a thing about trying new restaurants all over Chicagoland, and they tend to be closer to the areas he and my brother-in-law live in, so we usually have the farthest drive. Over the past 20 years, I can count on one hand the number of times he beat me to the restaurant, and on one finger (guess which one :grr: ) my idiot brother-in-law has. He's habitually late for everything. Drives me nuts. If we were eating at a restaurant across the street from his house he'd probably be late.

Bugeater
04-06-2018, 06:31 PM
I was raised to show up 10-15 minutes early, to the extent that it kind of annoyed me.

There would be times when my parents told me to show up 10 minutes early for something, then would call me 15 minutes prior wondering where I was at..... uh, I'm not going to be early to being early. :spock:

I'd also hear "I've been here for 20 minutes" whenever someone showed up 5 minutes late.

For work, I show up a couple minutes before if not for back to back meetings or whatever... people showing up a little late to conference calls and meetings doesn't really bother me, as they're usually going from one meeting to another or trying to get shit done between meetings.

Personally, I try to show up a few minutes early, but don't sweat it if I'm exactly on time or a minute or two late (but it's never been a habit of mine).... I think it's kind of a waste of time to be 10+ minutes early somewhere, unless of course there's something you're supposed to be doing in that time. Being much more than a couple minutes late is disrespectful if it's a consistent thing, and it is quite annoying when someone can't ever be on time, especially if it's with a larger group (individually, it's easy enough to say "just text me when you're x minutes away" or "just stop by around 6 and we'll go from here").
And other times you show up right around the beginning of the 4th quarter of the game.

displacedinMN
04-06-2018, 06:35 PM
Midwesterners with European backgrounds. Germans. Strict. Punctual.

Dad told me a story. He and his parents were supposed to go to my Great-grandparents for Sunday dinner at noon.

They were about 10 minutes late. When they got there, the Great-grandparents were gone. Door locked. No food or dishes on the table.

Damn Germans.
Damn Farmers.

displacedinMN
04-06-2018, 06:36 PM
How many of you know people that --if you want them to show up at 4 you tell them 3?

Bugeater
04-06-2018, 06:39 PM
Anyway...for me it's situational

Job interview....never, never EVER late. I usually try to get there 10 minutes early, but I don't go in until a few minutes before the scheduled time

As far as work...it depends. If me being late is going to disrupt someone else's day, or if I immediately report to a supervisor, I make every effort to be on time, but not early. And the rare occasion where I am running late I always call before the time I'm supposed to be there. However, I was the boss at my last job so I rolled in whenever i wanted, just had to be there before my tech showed up at 8:30 or he would fuck off until I showed up.

As far as friends go, again situational. If it's some organized deal where it's going to hold people up if I'm not there, I try to be on time. Otherwise....eh...I'll be there. Same with family get togethers...I'll be there sometime. Maybe.

rico
04-06-2018, 06:53 PM
How many of you know people that --if you want them to show up at 4 you tell them 3?

My parents...my in laws...my wife... all 3 of my brothers.

Randallflagg
04-06-2018, 09:35 PM
I used to be goofy about "meetings" - always arrived early. Never was late to a meeting in my life. I guess the Army taught me that.

Since retiring, I have become rather laid back - don't worry too much about it anymore. But I had a Doctor's appointment the other day that pissed me off to high heaven.

Appointment was 1:45. I arrived 15 minutes early (like they asked) to "fill out paperwork". OK - no big deal. At 2:00 they took me back, weighed me, did BP and checked pulse. The Nurse tells me that the "Doctor will be right in". Time? 2:05PM

At 3:10 I got dressed (shoes and socks) and was walking out of the office when the Doc comes by me and says - "Where you going?" - I tell her, that I have been waiting for over an hour and I am waiting no longer. She grabs my chart and says "I have time now!!"

I left and won't go back. It's nothing personal, However, I have always thought that my time was just as valuable as anyone else's. No one should be kept waiting for that long without informing the "patient" of why.

hometeam
04-06-2018, 09:36 PM
Who the fuck is late to meetings??

cdcox
04-06-2018, 09:41 PM
Normally I'm there a couple minutes early. I try to arrive within two minutes of the meeting starting. I tend to walk fast. Sometimes I tell myself I have a few more minutes to do stuff in my office before I leave for a meeting and I end up a minute or two late. I hate that.

ThaVirus
04-06-2018, 10:06 PM
It really depends on the situation. I'll be hella early to get a good seat at the movies, beach or, obviously, an interview, but if it's not time-sensitive I'll probably stroll up right on the money or 3-5 minutes late.

And don't give me any shit about it 'cause it's not that serious.

NewChief
04-06-2018, 10:18 PM
Total pet peeve. I’m early to everything. My internal clock is insane and always ticking. I’m totally obsessed with time and movement efficiency around my house and at my job. The cofounder of my org is a total badass who insists on punctuality from everyone but she totally gets lost in time and is late for almost everything. Drives me crazy. My wife is also late for everything due to the
Fact that every “transition” in her day involves a social media check (her business is very social media based but a lot of her checking is personal and frivolous). When she gets in her car, she will be in driveway for 2 minutes checking social media. When she pulls into house, she will check phone before coming in. I see this constantly in people I work with though. Constant phone checks at every transition. Total time suck. Pacifier for the soul.

NewChief
04-06-2018, 10:26 PM
It also drives me nuts that I have over an hour commute to my job and can get there on time (and before anyone else) but these fuckers who live 10 minutes away and get to arrive
Later can’t be on time. Of course, I also tell myself that’s why I earn and they don’t.

BryanBusby
04-07-2018, 12:23 AM
Now to put on my manager hat for a minute.

If I see one of my employees sitting around dicking off for 15 or more mins waiting for a meeting to start, can be guaranteed I'm finding out why the fuck they are wasting time when there's shit to do.

I would rather them be a minute or two late getting in over fucking off for who knows how long, if I had to pick between the two.

There are reasons I don't care for the shit

lewdog
04-07-2018, 07:06 AM
I'm as punctual as Billay's monthly period.

Molitoth
04-07-2018, 07:08 AM
Now to put on my manager hat for a minute.

If I see one of my employees sitting around dicking off for 15 or more mins waiting for a meeting to start, can be guaranteed I'm finding out why the **** they are wasting time when there's shit to do.

I would rather them be a minute or two late getting in over ****ing off for who knows how long, if I had to pick between the two.

There are reasons I don't care for the shit

When it comes to work meetings, 15 minutes early is way overboard... especially if the meeting is on the same campus.

Best to just show up 5 minutes early or right on time.

oldman
04-07-2018, 07:46 AM
I was pretty much a "few minutes early" guy most of the time I was working except for the dark 2 1/2 years I worked for the dumbest person I ever worked for. Meetings would start and drone on and on, sometimes lasting all day. Then she would have the gall to berate some of us on why a specific project didn't get done that day. Her logic--"I was here until 1:30 AM, why weren't you?". Sorry, the oldman don't play that game. I used to have one of my techs page me(with my beeper set at the loudest setting) every 5 minutes if I wasn't back in 2 hours. She'd finally tell me to leave and I'd just never come back to the meeting :)

For my friends, I'm one of those 15 minutes early folks. That's because most of them are, too. And they're old and could croak before the appointed time.

bdj23
04-07-2018, 08:23 AM
I can't remember the last time i was late to work that didn't involve cold snowy weather or a car problem.

SAUTO
04-07-2018, 08:31 AM
We walked into a wedding once as everyone else was walking out.

I wasn't happy

SAUTO
04-07-2018, 08:45 AM
Like right now I have to be at a band competition at 1010 and its 10 minutes away.

She hasn't even gotten dressed yet. Smh

bdj23
04-07-2018, 08:50 AM
Like right now I have to be at a band competition at 1010 and its 10 minutes away.

Women -- can't live with em, can't bury them in your back yard either. Amirite?

DaFace
04-07-2018, 08:51 AM

She hasn't even gotten dressed yet. SmhThat would drive me insane. Condolences.

NewChief
04-07-2018, 09:08 AM
When it comes to work meetings, 15 minutes early is way overboard... especially if the meeting is on the same campus.

Best to just show up 5 minutes early or right on time.

Only time I come in 15 minutes early for a work meeting, is if it's more of a presentation that I'm running, so I can make sure I have a tech check and have room set up how I want it set up. Otherwise, I'm usually a max of 5 minutes early.

Buehler445
04-07-2018, 09:36 AM

Yeah. I would rain down the fires of hell on my daughter.

SAUTO
04-07-2018, 10:57 AM
, can't bury them in your back yard either. Amirite?
What if you didn't tell anyone?

SAUTO
04-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Yeah. I would rain down the fires of hell on my daughter.

I would have too.

If that's who I was talking about...

Buehler445
04-07-2018, 12:29 PM
I would have too.

If that's who I was talking about...

Wife?

Bowser
04-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Took me a full day to respond to this thread. SO. Not very.

Spott
04-07-2018, 12:56 PM
I’m never late, but I always walk into work about 1 minute before I’m supposed to show up. I’ll never give those worthless bastards a second of my free time.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
04-07-2018, 01:11 PM
I’m the son of an Army major who’s the son of a colonel. I’m at least 30 mins early to everything.

WilliamTheIrish
04-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Meeting? LMAO

You poor fools.

Easy 6
04-07-2018, 01:15 PM
I'm the first guy to arrive at work 90% of the time, never less than 15 minutes early and usually earlier

Plans with friends? on time or a few minutes early

Parties? fashionably late

BucEyedPea
04-11-2018, 01:14 PM
I believe in being fashionably late for parties though but not for meetings or meeting up with friends in the poll.

Otherwise, it looks nerdish to be the first to arrive at a party.