PDA

View Full Version : my dumb mock

BryanBusby
04-11-2018, 09:45 PM
2. Carlton Davis CB Auburn

With the amount of mid-range kind of guys in this draft, I don't think the Chiefs need to make a power play to land a Corner.

3. Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota

3. Rasheem Green DT USC

4. Deon Cain WR Clemson (Package a 7th round pick+2019 3rd for early 4th)

A good split of Offense/Defense so far. Green is a very talented DL guy, Cain is very fast and they now have a quality #2 TE to pair with Kelce.

4. Armani Watts S Texas A&M

Quality starting S at the end of the 4th round. Tight.

4. Jamil Demby, G Maine

Good Senior Bowl, can move well and has 4 years of experience playing in a pass heavy Offense.

6. Darius Phillips CB Western Michigan

Developmental slot corner guy

7. Brian Allen C Michigan State

Depth incase Morse breaks again

They will kick the tires on some lower tier edge guys for depth after the draft

Chargem
04-12-2018, 12:38 AM
I like it, people will rage if more offense than defense gets chosen.

I think they gotta look at an edge guy though, even if its in the 4th or later

Halfcan
04-12-2018, 03:52 PM
I like the idea of adding a quality weapon at TE to pair with Kelce. Look how effective NE was when they had Gronk and Killer for Brady.

Nice job!

Couch-Potato
04-12-2018, 05:24 PM
I like CB in the 2nd and a big fan of grabbing Watts! Goedert would be amazing! I'm just not certain he'd be available that late, but I could be wrong.

Nice job!

Priest31kc
04-12-2018, 06:58 PM
Would love this mock.

Just dont see Goedert lasting until the 3rd or Watts until the 4th. Hope I'm wrong and they drop for our sake and we snatch them.

BryanBusby
04-12-2018, 07:06 PM
Would love this mock.

Just dont see Goedert lasting until the 3rd or Watts until the 4th. Hope I'm wrong and they drop for our sake and we snatch them.
Goedert, yeah could be a bit iffy. Would depend when the run on Tight Ends would start, but I've seen him going in the 3rd round in a lot of mocks.

Watts, I think he'll be available in the 4th and maybe into the 5th round. This draft is balls deep for mid-range guys at Safety.

I like it, people will rage if more offense than defense gets chosen.

I think they gotta look at an edge guy though, even if its in the 4th or later
This just isn't a great year for edge rushers.

Chief Northman
04-12-2018, 07:18 PM
I like many of the players you selected, but doubt some are available where you slotted them.

- Davis is one of my top 5 overall favourite prospects for the Chiefs. Might need a trade up into the top of the 2nd to get him though.
- Goedert is my favourite TE in this class. I see him going mid 2nd to late 2nd round.
- Greene could be a great 5 tech prospect with pass rush upside. Needs to bulk up for a 3-4 DE role though.
- The more I watch of Watts the less I like him. AWFUL open field tackler - Parker/Peters 2017 awful. No thanks.
- I like Demby at Guard although he played predominantly as a Tackle. Road grader with some nasty finish. 4th might be a bit high for him.
- I like Cain but think the Chiefs target a slot receiver instead.
- Allen is depth at best, but the Chiefs have shown interest.

BryanBusby
04-12-2018, 07:43 PM
I like many of the players you selected, but doubt some are available where you slotted them.

- Davis is one of my top 5 overall favourite prospects for the Chiefs. Might need a trade up into the top of the 2nd to get him though.
- Goedert is my favourite TE in this class. I see him going mid 2nd to late 2nd round.
- Greene could be a great 5 tech prospect with pass rush upside. Needs to bulk up for a 3-4 DE role though.
- The more I watch of Watts the less I like him. AWFUL open field tackler - Parker/Peters 2017 awful. No thanks.
- I like Demby at Guard although he played predominantly as a Tackle. Road grader with some nasty finish. 4th might be a bit high for him.
- I like Cain but think the Chiefs target a slot receiver instead.
- Allen is depth at best, but the Chiefs have shown interest.
-The Chiefs should land a #1 capable corner without moving up. Would it be Davis exactly? Maybe, maybe not. I don't see a need to move up, though.

-Eh, all it takes is a small rush of Tight Ends for Goedert to go in the 2nd round but otherwise I don't see it. I have him 4th on my board at TE and I'd be real surprised if 4 Tight Ends went in the 2nd round, as I don't see any going in the first. I have it 1. Hurst 2. Gesicki 3. Andrews 4. Goedert

-He'd be a rotational guy early and would eventually replace Bailey. Yes he needs to hit an NFL weight program, but the talent with him is immense.

-Watts is aggressive, for better and for worse. I think with an NFL coaching squad, over a drunk guy at A&M, that can be reigned in and he'll be a much better player.

-Late 4th is a bit early, but nothing absurd for Demby. Got to remember that KC doesn't pick again till near end of 6th, where he will absolutely be gone.

-I think the Chiefs have some in house options for the slot right now, but I'd like to see a better option behind Watkins as that foot issue can easily pop up again....and I don't think he'll be here after 2019.

-Landing pure depth in the 7th is fine.

O.city
04-13-2018, 06:25 AM
I think goedert is the first te off the board.

He’s legit

BryanBusby
04-13-2018, 12:22 PM
Over Hurst? I doubt that.

RealSNR
04-13-2018, 01:32 PM
I never trust small school TEs. I just don't like Goedert.

O.city
04-13-2018, 01:50 PM
Over Hurst? I doubt that.

Maybe not

But he reminds me of Kelce

BryanBusby
04-13-2018, 06:47 PM
Maybe not

But he reminds me of Kelce
I don't see Kelce at all. Goedert isn't nearly the athlete that Kelce is.

kccrow
04-13-2018, 06:57 PM
I don't see Geodert being any better than the 4th TE taken.

I have:

1. Gesicki
2. Hurst
3. Andrews
4. Goedert

kccrow
04-13-2018, 07:04 PM
Wouldn't mind that draft.

I do think you've got Cain too low. He's got the coveted speed to take the top off and the quickness to operate underneath to go along with solid size. He's an easy #2 WR in the NFL. I see him as a 2nd round pick, and early 3rd at absolute worst. Once he learns to run NFL quality routes, he could be a real stud.

I don't know if Davis falls to 54. Personally, I think he's going to be pretty high on Seattle's wishlist at 18, but you never know.

Overall though, I don't think the mock is dumb.