PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Al Bundy
04-13-2018, 08:21 PM
https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2018/04/12/e27e59f0-4ed0-4229-9561-74404125df06/resize/670x377/ee624ebda4bc52da8ee4c1601d503d3d/2018-nba-bracket.jpg
We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.

banecat
04-13-2018, 08:27 PM
Rockets, Thunder, Blazers, Spurs, Wizards, Cavs, Sixers, Bucks

Hydrae
04-13-2018, 08:28 PM
I will be in the minority but Go Blazers!

ChiefsCountry
04-13-2018, 08:32 PM
Merge the two
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314904

banecat
04-13-2018, 08:32 PM
I will be in the minority but Go Blazers!

Better them than the Warriors

Delano
04-13-2018, 08:35 PM
Rockets, Thunder, Blazers, Spurs, Wizards, Cavs, Sixers, Bucks

Dude, what? Do you watch NBA basketball? Spurs wizards bucks? Nah. Thunder are questionable as well.

Hydrae
04-13-2018, 08:42 PM
Better them than the Warriors

I think they have a chance against anyone in the west except for the Rockets. They have never shown any ability to stop Harden.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-13-2018, 08:45 PM
Go Raps! (Mostly because of Fred Van Vleet)

banecat
04-13-2018, 08:49 PM
Dude, what? Do you watch NBA basketball? Spurs wizards bucks? Nah. Thunder are questionable as well.

I find it better to be wrong, and pick the team that I'd rather see win. Being right, but choosing a team that I hate just ins't as fun. And isn't half of Boston's starting five injured? Same with the Warriors, when will everyone be back?

banecat
04-13-2018, 08:50 PM
I think they have a chance against anyone in the west except for the Rockets. They have never shown any ability to stop Harden.

I'm not sure how much of a chance anyone has against Houston. The only exception being Golden State

KC_Connection
04-13-2018, 09:00 PM
Reposted thread, but here's how it is going down:

R1-
Raptors over Wizards in 7
Celtics over Bucks in 7
Sixers over Heat in 6
Cavs over Pacers in 5

Rockets over TWolves in 5
Warriors over Spurs in 5
Blazers over Pelicans in 6
Thunder over Jazz in 7

R2-
Cavs over Raptors in 6
Sixers over Celtics in 6

Rockets over Thunder in 6
Warriors over Blazers in 5

R3-
Cavs over Sixers in 6
Warriors over Rockets in 5

Finals-
Warriors over Cavs in 5

TEX
04-14-2018, 09:49 AM

R1-
Celtics over Bucks in 7
Sixers over Heat in 6
Cavs over Pacers in 5

Warriors over Spurs in 5
Thunder over Jazz in 7

R2-
Cavs over Raptors in 6
Sixers over Celtics in 6

R3-
Cavs over Sixers in 6

Finals-
Warriors over Cavs in 5

Except its going to be the Rockets over the 76'ers in 7...;)

BTW, Id bet anything that if the Warriors and Rockets do meet in the WCF, and IF the Warriors win, I bet it doesn't happen in 5. They may win in 6 or 7, but not 5...

dirk digler
04-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Depending on GS’s health it is going to be either them or the Rockets vs Cavs. Celtics have zero chance to make it to the ECW but I would love to see the 76er’s in the Finals.

AssEaterChief
04-14-2018, 04:52 PM

No he doesn't ....

He thinks potentially paralyzing someone is a good "basketball play"

AssEaterChief
04-14-2018, 04:58 PM

R1-
Celtics over Bucks in 7
Sixers over Heat in 6
Cavs over Pacers in 5

Warriors over Spurs in 5
Thunder over Jazz in 7

R2-
Cavs over Raptors in 6
Sixers over Celtics in 6

R3-
Cavs over Sixers in 6

Finals-
Warriors over Cavs in 5

Not one upset in the first round?

Bucks, Wizards, or Pelicans. I think one of them moves on but I like the rest of your bracket

thegame214
04-14-2018, 05:03 PM
Pelicans are gonna win series against Blazers

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
04-14-2018, 05:42 PM
Oubre is a dipshit

banecat
04-14-2018, 06:08 PM
No he doesn't ....

He thinks potentially paralyzing someone is a good "basketball play"

Really? You're gonna bring your disagreement here? Weeks later?

KC_Connection
04-14-2018, 06:53 PM
Not one upset in the first round?

Bucks, Wizards, or Pelicans. I think one of them moves on but I like the rest of your bracket
Bucks and Wizards are both trash, the Celtics and Raptors would have to choke. Pelicans could win. Jazz could also obviously win, they're probably better than OKC but OKC has home advantage.

KC_Connection
04-14-2018, 06:55 PM
Except its going to be the Rockets over the 76'ers in 7...;)

BTW, Id bet anything that if the Warriors and Rockets do meet in the WCF, and IF the Warriors win, I bet it doesn't happen in 5. They may win in 6 or 7, but not 5...
You're right, I forgot they didn't have home advantage for this one. Warriors in 6 then (although I still struggle a bit to see how that team with 4 HOFers will lose 2 games).

TEX
04-15-2018, 07:43 AM
You're right, I forgot they didn't have home advantage for this one. Warriors in 6 then (although I still struggle a bit to see how that team with 4 HOFers will lose 2 games).

Well, the Rockets have 2 of their own, and all 4 of the Warriors might not be healthy...

BigCatDaddy
04-15-2018, 07:48 AM
Well, the Rockets have 2 of their own, and all 4 of the Warriors might not be healthy...

They both have 2. Clay and Green are not seeing the HOF.

TEX
04-15-2018, 08:35 AM
They both have 2. Clay and Green are not seeing the HOF.

I feel that way too right now, especially about Green, and I think Thompson is a fringe HOF'er. BUT, what could sway the argument is if the Warriors go on a tear, and win a few more titles with those 4 in tact. Then, I think Green & Thompson garner more votes. But yea, you're right - they have two now, as is.

mcaj22
04-15-2018, 09:23 AM
Klay and Green are absolutely future hall of famers do you people not know how basketball works?

bricks
04-15-2018, 10:14 AM
Oubre is a dipshit

Yup. And so is Mike Scott as well. Fuggin guy plays basketball like its hockey.

Sorry for drifting off topic here, but maybe he’d be good for the Maple Leafs since they need some added toughness?

TEX
04-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Klay and Green are absolutely future hall of famers do you people not know how basketball works?

I believe that we do. Do you? :shrug:

I can easily name many players who are not in the HOF that are arguably better than both.
One could easily slip Thompson and Green in the list below and they would get lost - especially Green - which is my point.

Shawn Kemp
Mark Aguirre
Tim Hardaway
Sydney Moncrief
Kevin Johnson
Ray Allen
Buck Williams
Gus Williams
Jack Sikma
Ben Wallice
Bobby Dandrich
Paul Westphal
Terry Cummings
Penny Hardaway
Bobby Jones
Glenn Rice
Rudy Tomjanavich
Walter Davis
Bill Lambeer
Detlef Schremph
Tom Chambers
Byrann Scott
Paul Silas
Horace Grant
Larry Nance
Rolando Blackman
Michael Cooper
Glen Robinson
Otis Birdsong
Alvin Robinson
Reggie Theus
Mark Jackson
Terry Porter
Eddie Johnson
Xavier McDaniel

ChiliConCarnage
04-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Holy shit. Crazy finish to regulation

dirk digler
04-15-2018, 01:41 PM
Rozier hits that looks like a game winning 3 then Middleton hits a 3 with.5 seconds to send the game into OT. That was an amazing shot

dirk digler
04-15-2018, 02:13 PM
Cavs getting demolished at home 33-14.

New World Order
04-15-2018, 02:16 PM
Draymond Green in the hof ROFL

04-15-2018, 02:27 PM
Draymond Green in the hof ROFL

He absolutely is a HOFer. Please choke on Pop's crater dick, dipshit.

mcaj22
04-15-2018, 02:28 PM
yea you idiots can laugh all you want but the basketball hall of fame considers your ENTIRE resume even outside just the NBA. Green's college and Klay's international accomplishments will help get them in as long as they keep doing what they are doing in the NBA.

So yea, some of you clearly don't know basketball. Stick to the Chiefs.

BigCatDaddy
04-15-2018, 02:30 PM
He absolutely is a HOFer. Please choke on Pop's crater dick, dipshit.

LMAO Yeah that career 9 and 7 will make him a shoe in.

BigCatDaddy
04-15-2018, 02:32 PM
yea you idiots can laugh all you want but the basketball hall of fame considers your ENTIRE resume even outside just the NBA. Green's college and Klay's international accomplishments will help get them in as long as they keep doing what they are doing in the NBA.

The other stuff is a part. If you were a special player like Grant Hill was in college or Sabonis was internationally it is relevant. It needs to be unique. Those 2 did nothing unique or long term.

New World Order
04-15-2018, 02:34 PM

Green is a product of playing with 3 other elite/near elite players.

He's a good role player who fits in very well with the Warriors but he's not perennial hof player.

mcaj22
04-15-2018, 03:09 PM

He's a good role player who fits in very well with the Warriors but he's not perennial hof player.

Tracy McGrady just made the hall of fame and he has basically 7 all stars, 2 scoring titles, no championships. nothing in college. 1 gold medal.

Green 3 all stars, 2 ships, DPOY, 3 all nba first team defense, NABC player of the year, 1 gold medal.

He's going to get probably a couple more all stars, another gold medal, and about 2-3 more championships before his resume is even finished. It's NOT close.

New World Order
04-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Tracy McGrady just made the hall of fame and he has basically 7 all stars, 2 scoring titles, no championships. nothing in college. 1 gold medal.

Green 3 all stars, 2 ships, DPOY, 3 all nba first team defense, NABC player of the year, 1 gold medal.

He's going to get probably a couple more all stars, another gold medal, and about 2-3 more championships before his resume is even finished. It's NOT close.

Mcgrady wasn't a role player.

He was usually THE guy on his team.

Players who are elite scorers are the exception.

BigCatDaddy
04-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Tracy McGrady just made the hall of fame and he has basically 7 all stars, <B>2 scoring titles<B>, no championships. nothing in college. 1 gold medal.

Do you want to see the list of names with multiple NBA scoring titles?

Sassy Squatch
04-15-2018, 03:31 PM
So how was that not a flagrant?

dirk digler
04-15-2018, 03:35 PM
So how was that not a flagrant?

Occurred after the play was over

dirk digler
04-15-2018, 03:44 PM
They need to put Lebron on Oladipo. He is killing them.

04-15-2018, 03:51 PM
I just don't think LeBron is looking to add another L on his Finals record. Already looking to 18-19. They won't make the finals.

dirk digler
04-15-2018, 04:00 PM
Oladipo with the kill shot. Pacers win Game 1

MIAdragon
04-15-2018, 04:05 PM
My Pacers are going ball this PO.

staylor26
04-15-2018, 04:27 PM
They need to put Lebron on Oladipo. He is killing them.

That’s clearly a Lebron decision.

Hoopsdoc
04-15-2018, 04:36 PM
Oladipo with the kill shot. Pacers win Game 1

That trade was a lopsided win for the Pacers. VO has blossomed into a superstar while PG will bolt OKC after this season.

Having said that, this series is far from over.

ratchet
04-15-2018, 04:52 PM

He's definitely a very unique hall of famer. To just call green a hall of famer is a little misleading because he plays a very specific role on a championship team. But no doubt he will make the hall of fame because of his resume that albeit are dependent on his co stars. Is he an individual hall of fame player? No. But he will make the hall of fame due to his role in a championship dynasty.

Pitt Gorilla
04-15-2018, 05:12 PM
That trade was a lopsided win for the Pacers. VO has blossomed into a superstar while PG will bolt OKC after this season.

Having said that, this series is far from over.Presti should be recognized for his role in building the Rockets AND the Pacers. Great job.

-King-
04-15-2018, 05:37 PM

ROFL I swear Green is the most overrated player in the league. He's a very good role player and that's it. Of all the role players in the league, he's in the best and easiest situation ever. If he was a first or even second option on a team, it would be one of the worst teams in the league.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoopsdoc
04-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Presti should be recognized for his role in building the Rockets AND the Pacers. Great job.

Dipo and Turner compliment each other extremely well. Couple that with career performances from Bogdanovic and Collison and tremendous role players like Thad Young, Cory Joseph and yes, even Lance Stevenson, plus great coaching from Nate McMillan, and you have a very dangerous team.

They play very hard and very unselfishly within their roles. I’ve watched them all season and the improvement has been amazing.

Pitt Gorilla
04-15-2018, 06:54 PM
Dipo and Turner compliment each other extremely well. Couple that with career performances from Bogdanovic and Collison and tremendous role players like Thad Young, Cory Joseph and yes, even Lance Stevenson, plus great coaching from Nate McMillan, and you have a very dangerous team.

They play very hard and very unselfishly within their roles. I’ve watched them all season and the improvement has been amazing.I still can't stand stevenson, but the others are great.

04-15-2018, 06:59 PM
Woooooo! Almost Playoff Harden time! Half the free throws, twice the turnovers!

ChiefsCountry
04-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Oladipo looked like a young D Wade today.

Hoopsdoc
04-15-2018, 07:08 PM
I still can't stand stevenson, but the others are great.

Lance is a modern day Laimbeer. Bad Lance does really stupid, dirty stuff and kills his team, but good Lance plays with heart, hustle and brute strength. It’s just a matter of which Lance is present at any given time.

I still think Cleveland wins the series in 6 or 7. They’re not gonna miss that many open threes often.

dirk digler
04-15-2018, 07:14 PM
I like the T-wolves players but they aren’t going to win a game in this series.

04-15-2018, 07:27 PM
Paul has been nothing but a liability so far. Shocking!!!

BigCatDaddy
04-15-2018, 07:48 PM
ROFL I swear Green is the most overrated player in the league. He's a very good role player and that's it. Of all the role players in the league, he's in the best and easiest situation ever. If he was a first or even second option on a team, it would be one of the worst teams in the league.
Posted via Mobile Device

If he was on any other team this would not even be a discussion. That in itself should make this a no brainer.

KC_Connection
04-15-2018, 08:01 PM
If he was a first or even second option on a team, it would be one of the worst teams in the league.
Posted via Mobile Device
Obviously. And yet still one of the best defenders in the league and a future HOFer.

Pitt Gorilla
04-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Lance is a modern day Laimbeer. Bad Lance does really stupid, dirty stuff and kills his team, but good Lance plays with heart, hustle and brute strength. It’s just a matter of which Lance is present at any given time.

I still think Cleveland wins the series in 6 or 7. They’re not gonna miss that many open threes often.He had some shots today that looked like "see, look, I used to be a good player" kind of shots.

New World Order
04-15-2018, 08:05 PM
Obviously. And yet still one of the best defenders in the league and a future HOFer.

One of the best defenders in the league doesn't make you a hof.

It makes you a good role player.

04-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Ariza is such garbage. This team isn't winning shit

BigCatDaddy
04-15-2018, 08:29 PM

The next Bruce Bowen.

-King-
04-15-2018, 08:49 PM

Exactly.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler
04-15-2018, 09:24 PM
Butler with the stupid shot. He should have found someone else.

KC_Connection
04-15-2018, 09:24 PM

Tell that the HOF when he makes it in easily in 15 years on the strength of multiple championships, gold medals and DPOY awards.

KC_Connection
04-15-2018, 09:25 PM
Houston choking hard down the stretch there, but lucky for them they were playing a bad team.

04-15-2018, 09:30 PM
Playoff Paul

Thank goodness Harden was in God mode. Everyone other than Harden and Capela turned in a dogshit performance. Can't believe I'm missing Ryan Anderson.

mcaj22
04-16-2018, 07:11 AM
Chris Mullin and Mitch Richmond are in the HOF and those guys have bum resumes so Green is a lock easily.

Green will resemble something similar to Mutumbo when all said and done and thats a HOF lock

BigCatDaddy
04-16-2018, 11:40 AM
Chris Mullin and Mitch Richmond are in the HOF and those guys have bum resumes so Green is a lock easily.

Green will resemble something similar to Mutumbo when all said and done and thats a HOF lock

Warriors fan?

04-16-2018, 11:50 AM
Warriors fan?

He just called Mullin a bum, so use your own judgment

mcaj22
04-16-2018, 12:00 PM
Warriors fan?

not even close. I just appreciate good basketball players across the league. Green and Klay get an unfair shake around here.

BigCatDaddy
04-16-2018, 12:06 PM
He just called Mullin a bum, so use your own judgment

Weird he used 2 former Warriors as comparisons and obviously poor comparisons at that.

okcchief
04-16-2018, 12:54 PM
Presti should be recognized for his role in building the Rockets AND the Pacers. Great job.

The Pacers comment is ridiculous and complete revisionist history. Presti went and got a star player to keep Westbrook and have a shot. Oladipo is a product of redesigning his game and body. He attributes much of that to being in OKC. He also is allowed to dominate the ball. Indiana was shit on for this trade at the time it happened by everyone. Just because it has worked out for them doesn’t make it a bad deal. George was an all star and a veteran you can count on in playoff time. It was the right move for both sides at the time. It can turn out better long team for Indiana, but to go back and call it a bad deal is fucking ludicrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitt Gorilla
04-16-2018, 02:35 PM
The Pacers comment is ridiculous and complete revisionist history. Presti went and got a star player to keep Westbrook and have a shot. Oladipo is a product of redesigning his game and body. He attributes much of that to being in OKC. He also is allowed to dominate the ball. Indiana was shit on for this trade at the time it happened by everyone. Just because it has worked out for them doesn’t make it a bad deal. George was an all star and a veteran you can count on in playoff time. It was the right move for both sides at the time. It can turn out better long team for Indiana, but to go back and call it a bad deal is ****ing ludicrous.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI didn't say it was a bad deal; I said he had a significant hand in rebuilding Indiana, which he did. They certainly wouldn't be where they are now without OKC giving them two critical pieces.

Hoopsdoc
04-16-2018, 04:04 PM
The Pacers comment is ridiculous and complete revisionist history. Presti went and got a star player to keep Westbrook and have a shot. Oladipo is a product of redesigning his game and body. He attributes much of that to being in OKC. He also is allowed to dominate the ball. Indiana was shit on for this trade at the time it happened by everyone. Just because it has worked out for them doesn’t make it a bad deal. George was an all star and a veteran you can count on in playoff time. It was the right move for both sides at the time. It can turn out better long team for Indiana, but to go back and call it a bad deal is ****ing ludicrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhh, no. It was only “the right move” for OKC. For the Pacers, it was the best they could do because PG hung them out to dry when he went public that he wouldn’t resign and wanted to play in LA. That was a bitch move on his part.

Al Bundy
04-16-2018, 11:11 PM
Bertans is a flopping bitch for the Spurs.

UChieffyBugger
04-17-2018, 06:29 AM
Really pissed off with my sixers last night. Completely gave away the game In that terrible 2nd quarter when we allowed grandpa Wade to just stroll around and do as he pleases. This coming after we threatened to blow Miami off the court again In the first quarter. Then we somehow managed to close the gap to two points late In the fourth and of course we throw It away with some dumb passes. Oh well, Embiid will hopefully be back on Thursday and then we'll see what Miami are about. We've won six of the eight quarters thus far In this series so let's hope that trend continues.

ARROW2
04-17-2018, 06:34 AM
Really pissed off with my sixers last night. Completely gave away the game In that terrible 2nd quarter when we allowed grandpa Wade to just stroll around and do as he pleases. This coming after we threatened to blow Miami off the court again In the first quarter. Then we somehow managed to close the gap to two points late In the fourth and of course we throw It away with some dumb passes. Oh well, Embiid will hopefully be back on Thursday and then we'll see what Miami are about. We've won six of the eight quarters thus far In this series so let's hope that trend continues.

Fuck philly and their process. Signed...long time, die hard, laker fan.

dirk digler
04-17-2018, 06:46 AM

Looking like he is out Thursday. That was a brutal game last night for the 76ers especially in the 2nd quarter.

UChieffyBugger
04-17-2018, 07:00 AM
**** philly and their process. Signed...long time, die hard, laker fan.

LOL instead of worrying about us I think you need to worry about the Ball family making a mockery of your team!!! ROFL

UChieffyBugger
04-17-2018, 07:03 AM
Looking like he is out Thursday. That was a brutal game last night for the 76ers especially in the 2nd quarter.

It was pathetic yes, but we still managed to get within two points of them at the end despite the final score so that should give us confidence. It's been noticeable that Miami have faded badly In the second half In both games and I'm sure the coaches will seek to exploit that on Thursday with or without Embiid.

Miles
04-17-2018, 10:48 PM
Pretty entertaining Blazers Pelicans game tonight.

Hydrae
04-18-2018, 09:47 AM
Pretty entertaining Blazers Pelicans game tonight.

Pretty disappointing if you ask me. :sulk:

I did not expect the Blazers to make a lot of noise but they should be able to win at least one round. Sheesh

Deberg_1990
04-18-2018, 06:27 PM
Spurs have announced Popovichs wife passed away today.

Wow

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/986762364019204102?s=21

dirk digler
04-18-2018, 08:29 PM
Spurs have announced Popovichs wife passed away today.

Wow

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/986762364019204102?s=21

Very sad. Rip mrs. pop

TEX
04-19-2018, 06:45 AM

ROFL THAT is your thesis? The HOF has a TON players much BETTER than Green, than it does comparable ones. And the NBA has a TON of former players who are also better than Green, who are not in the HOF. And both "bums" you listed were better players than Green. Green will never see the HOF and he shouldn't. He is a good supporting player on a super team. Take him off that team, and he's just a guy who plays hard with a bad attitude, and many of his antics would not be tolerated on a lesser team.

mcaj22
04-19-2018, 07:16 AM
ROFL THAT is your thesis? The HOF has a TON players much BETTER than Green, than it does comparable ones. And the NBA has a TON of former players who are also better than Green, who are not in the HOF. And both "bums" you listed were better players than Green. Green will never see the HOF and he shouldn't. He is a good supporting player on a super team. Take him off that team, and he's just a guy who plays hard with a bad attitude, and many of his antics would not be tolerated on a lesser team.

Thats your opinion. What isnt your opinion is Greens body of work over the course of his basketball career. He has a hall of fame resume. He will have a better basketball resume than Mullin and Richmond. No matter what your opinion of him is or how you dont like his play style. Hes going to get more rings, more all stars, more gold medals and more defensive awards before hes done, and that will trump your eye test of him. I have already accepted hes a HOF on paper, you should too.

Pitt Gorilla
04-19-2018, 08:46 PM
Watching the game tonight, green is insanely good. The stats don’t begin to quantify his contributions. I wonder how many hockey assists he’d have if they kept such stats?

KC_Connection
04-19-2018, 08:50 PM
Green is obviously making the HOF. Not even sure how that is a controversial thing to say anymore.

And yeah, it's true he couldn't be option #1 or #2 offensively on a good team. But why does that matter at all or have any bearing on this topic?

-King-
04-19-2018, 08:51 PM
Thats your opinion. What isnt your opinion is Greens body of work over the course of his basketball career. He has a hall of fame resume. He will have a better basketball resume than Mullin and Richmond. No matter what your opinion of him is or how you dont like his play style. Hes going to get more rings, more all stars, more gold medals and more defensive awards before hes done, and that will trump your eye test of him. I have already accepted hes a HOF on paper, you should too.

Is Andre Iguodala a hall of famer? He has a better overall body of work than Draymond, he has led a team before which is something most people think Draymond can do and he has the championships and a finals mvp award. If Draymond is going to the hall of fame, why shouldn't Iggy?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
04-19-2018, 08:52 PM
Green is obviously making the HOF. Not even sure how that is a controversial thing to say anymore.

And yeah, it's true he couldn't be option #1 or #2 offensively on a good team. But why does that matter at all or have any bearing on this topic?

So if he's in, Andre has to make it too right?
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection
04-19-2018, 08:53 PM
Is Andre Iguodala a hall of famer? He has a better overall body of work than Draymond, he has led a team before which is something most people think Draymond can do and he has the championships and a finals mvp award. If Draymond is going to the hall of fame, why shouldn't Iggy?
Posted via Mobile Device
The multiple all-star appearances, DPOY awards, and Olympic gold medals might help.

KC_Connection
04-19-2018, 08:56 PM
So if he's in, Andre has to make it too right?
Posted via Mobile Device
He'll likely miss out, but you're right, the Warriors do have 4 HOFers and one other one that you could at least make the argument for. It's amazing that LeBron even took a game off them last year.

-King-
04-19-2018, 09:05 PM
The multiple all-star appearances, DPOY awards, and Olympic gold medals might help.

Andre has been an all star, he's made the all defense team. He's led his own team. He's been a finals MVP. He has multiple rings. He has an Olympic medal.

Even if their accolades aren't exactly the same, they still have a lot of similarities so if one goes in, the other has to go in. The big difference is that at one point in Iggy's career, he was the first option on a team, Draymond will never be that. Imagine prime Iggy on the Warriors and he's far better than current Draymond. Imagine Draymond on the sixers teams Iggy had and he's a forgotten player in the NBA history books.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2018, 09:07 PM
Well one thing we do know is that Miami had 4 sure fire HOFers on their title teams.

-King-
04-19-2018, 09:08 PM
He'll likely miss out, but you're right, the Warriors do have 4 HOFers and one other one that you could at least make the argument for. It's amazing that LeBron even took a game off them last year.
Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are hall of famers. So that's 3 vs 4. And LeBron being as great as it is, the gaps even closer. So it's a shame he could only take 1 game off them if you want to play that game.
Posted via Mobile Device

New World Order
04-19-2018, 09:24 PM
Well one thing we do know is that Miami had 4 sure fire HOFers on their title teams.

And they lost to what might be the worst team to ever win an NBA title in the Mavs.

Lebron averaged a whopping 17 ppg in that series.

KC_Connection
04-19-2018, 09:29 PM
Andre has been an all star, he's made the all defense team. He's led his own team. He's been a finals MVP. He has multiple rings. He has an Olympic medal.

Even if their accolades aren't exactly the same, they still have a lot of similarities so if one goes in, the other has to go in. The big difference is that at one point in Iggy's career, he was the first option on a team, Draymond will never be that. Imagine prime Iggy on the Warriors and he's far better than current Draymond. Imagine Draymond on the sixers teams Iggy had and he's a forgotten player in the NBA history books.
Posted via Mobile Device

Draymond Green:
2× NBA champion (2015, 2017)
3× NBA All-Star (2016–2018)
All-NBA Second Team (2016)
All-NBA Third Team (2017)
NBA Defensive Player of the Year (2017)
3× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2015–2017)
NBA steals leader (2017)
NABC National Player of the Year (2012)
Consensus first-team All-American (2012)
Big Ten Player of the Year (2012)
First-team All-Big Ten (2012)
2× Third-team All-Big Ten (2010, 2011)
Big Ten All-Defensive Team (2012)
Big Ten Sixth Man of the Year (2010)
Big Ten Tournament MVP (2012)
Fourth-team Parade All-American (2008)

Andre Iguodala:

NBA Finals MVP (2015)
NBA All-Star (2012)
NBA All-Defensive First Team (2014)
NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2011)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2005)
NBA Rookie Challenge MVP (2006)
First-team All-Pac-10 (2004)

Bit of a difference here especially when you consider one of these guys has his whole career ahead of him still.

-King-
04-19-2018, 09:29 PM
If Boogie didn't get hurt, New Orleans would be scary as hell. And Rondo would average 20 assists every game in the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection
04-19-2018, 09:32 PM
Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are hall of famers. So that's 3 vs 4. And LeBron being as great as it is, the gaps even closer. So it's a shame he could only take 1 game off them if you want to play that game.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'll take the extra Hall of Fame player Green + fringe Hall of Fame player Iguodala over Tristan Thompson. LMAO

-King-
04-19-2018, 09:35 PM
Draymond Green:
3× NBA All-Star (2016–2018)
All-NBA Second Team (2016)
All-NBA Third Team (2017)
NBA Defensive Player of the Year (2017)
3× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2015–2017)
NBA steals leader (2017)
NABC National Player of the Year (2012)
Consensus first-team All-American (2012)
Big Ten Player of the Year (2012)
First-team All-Big Ten (2012)
2× Third-team All-Big Ten (2010, 2011)
Big Ten All-Defensive Team (2012)
Big Ten Sixth Man of the Year (2010)
Big Ten Tournament MVP (2012)
Fourth-team Parade All-American (2008)

Andre Iguodala:

NBA Finals MVP (2015)
NBA All-Star (2012)
NBA All-Defensive First Team (2014)
NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2011)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2005)
NBA Rookie Challenge MVP (2006)
First-team All-Pac-10 (2004)

Bit of a difference here especially when you consider one of these guys has his whole career ahead of him still.

Lmao @ including college accolades. Especially the big 10 accolades. And you say that Draymond still has a whole career ahead of him...do you think he'll get better? He's already peaked in 2016. You think he'll get better or worse from now on?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
04-19-2018, 09:37 PM
I'll take the extra Hall of Fame player Green + fringe Hall of Fame player Iguodala over Tristan Thompson. LMAO

So that's the difference in only winning 1 game? And the Cavs maybe could have had a better player in place of Thompson if you know who didn't force them into signing him for a big contract. But you never want to have that discussion...
Posted via Mobile Device

New World Order
04-19-2018, 09:37 PM
Evidently Iguodala is still a "fringe hof player" right now

Al Bundy
04-19-2018, 10:08 PM
Curry and KD are HOFers, Draymond Green is a borderline HOFer.

mcaj22
04-19-2018, 11:28 PM
Lmao @ including college accolades. Especially the big 10 accolades. And you say that Draymond still has a whole career ahead of him...do you think he'll get better? He's already peaked in 2016. You think he'll get better or worse from now on?
Posted via Mobile Device

Basketball HOF counts college resume how do you think some of these guys even get in

-King-
04-20-2018, 03:08 AM
Basketball HOF counts college resume how do you think some of these guys even get in

Sure but they don't punish a player for not having as many college accolades because that gives an unfair advantage to players who did 4 years instead of 1 or 2.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy
04-20-2018, 07:48 PM
Cleveland trying for one of the biggest flops in playoff history.

KC_Connection
04-20-2018, 08:37 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;You guys think I&#39;m going to throw my teammates under the bus? I&#39;m not about that. Guys just gotta play better, including myself.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/mv3hgEo1uo">pic.twitter.com/mv3hgEo1uo</a></p>&mdash; Yahoo Sports NBA (@YahooSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/987519887781187584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 21, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LeBron a bigger man than me. Those guys around him are trash.

BigCatDaddy
04-20-2018, 08:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;You guys think I&#39;m going to throw my teammates under the bus? I&#39;m not about that. Guys just gotta play better, including myself.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/mv3hgEo1uo">pic.twitter.com/mv3hgEo1uo</a></p>&mdash; Yahoo Sports NBA (@YahooSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/987519887781187584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 21, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Was he asked about his team mates first? If not he pretty much blamed them by making that comment

New World Order
04-20-2018, 08:42 PM
Lebron had 3 points in the final 3 minutes

Very "GOAT" like

KC_Connection
04-20-2018, 08:47 PM
It's weird actually rooting against LeBron for the first time in the playoffs in a decade. Now that team around him is so weak that they might actually lose to the Raptors in the 2nd round, but I'd rather not chance it.

BigCatDaddy
04-20-2018, 08:53 PM
We at least now know Kyrie was piggy backing the Cavs.

Pitt Gorilla
04-20-2018, 09:02 PM

GM Lebron has to wear that Thompson contract.

KC_Connection
04-20-2018, 09:05 PM
GM Lebron has to wear that Thompson contract.
He'll be long gone in 3 months anyway, so not really.

Trent Green GOAT
04-20-2018, 09:05 PM
How good is Ben Simmons? Top 25 player in the league? I'd say he is pretty close.

staylor26
04-20-2018, 09:07 PM

Nick Wright in here to turn a loss into a way to suck Lebron’s dick

04-20-2018, 09:10 PM
How good is Ben Simmons? Top 25 player in the league? I'd say he is pretty close.

All I know is Johnny Jones must be the worst coach in the history of basketball.

Trent Green GOAT
04-20-2018, 09:30 PM
All I know is Johnny Jones must be the worst coach in the history of basketball.

He had simmons at the wrong position.

KC_Connection
04-20-2018, 09:38 PM
Yeah he is.

Miles
04-20-2018, 10:05 PM

Off the cuff without seeing who's entirely in front of him I'm thinking he might already be top 15 ish if not higher.

Trent Green GOAT
04-20-2018, 10:11 PM
Off the cuff without seeing who's entirely in front of him I'm thinking he might already be top 15 ish if not higher.

He might be, after giving it some thought. Borderline.

-King-
04-20-2018, 10:28 PM

Yeah the coach he handpicked and teammates he handpicked aren't doing the best.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
04-20-2018, 10:35 PM
Funny how every player wants to play worth LeBron and how he makes his teammates so much better yet every season the same people are talking about how trash his teammates are.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
04-20-2018, 10:38 PM

He's closer to 10 than 25.
Posted via Mobile Device

staylor26
04-20-2018, 10:41 PM
Funny how every player wants to play worth LeBron and how he makes his teammates so much better yet every season the same people are talking about how trash his teammates are.
Posted via Mobile Device

The funny this is they showed a clip where they asked if he had enough help and he said some sh*t like "we just have to go out and play".

If you aren’t trying to throw your teammates under the bus, why not answer the question?

Miles
04-20-2018, 11:32 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

As well as propping up who beat Lebron as an insurmountable team of unbeatable HOF guys.

KC_Connection
04-21-2018, 08:01 AM
As well as propping up who beat Lebron as an insurmountable team of unbeatable HOF guys.
They're a 72 win team who added the #2 player in the NBA. Doesn't take too much "propping up" to refer to them as what they are.

It's a shame some of you can't recognize and respect the greatest athlete of our time while he's still around and playing at an elite level.

Pitt Gorilla
04-21-2018, 09:56 AM
They're a 72 win team who added the #2 player in the NBA. Doesn't take too much "propping up" to refer to them as what they are.

It's a shame some of you can't recognize and respect the greatest athlete of our time while he's still around and playing at an elite level.

I tend to agree with you regarding bron being the best ever, but it’s not a good look if the best ever can’t lead his crew past the nobody pacers.

staylor26
04-21-2018, 10:00 AM
I tend to agree with you regarding bron being the best ever, but it’s not a good look if the best ever can’t lead his crew past the nobody pacers.

Of course it isn’t. KCC aka Nick Wright won’t acknowledge that though. He also won’t acknowledge Lebron’s lazy defense hasn’t helped.

Sassy Squatch
04-21-2018, 10:04 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/987501296168120320

The GOAT on defense.

04-21-2018, 10:09 AM

The GOAT on defense.

Why are people from the Midwest obsessed with "hustle"? We're talking about the fattest region in the nation.

GloucesterChief
04-21-2018, 10:11 AM

LeBron may be the best athlete ever in the NBA but his will to win doesn't come close to Jordan.

BigCatDaddy
04-21-2018, 10:15 AM

The GOAT on defense.

Just one of the reasons he will remain in the 2nd tier with Bird and Magic when discussing the GOAT. Also 1 if the many reasons why he isnt a likable figure.

Sassy Squatch
04-21-2018, 10:18 AM
Why are people from the Midwest obsessed with "hustle"? We're talking about the fattest region in the nation.
Wut? The site is based in New York. What does the Midwest have to do with Lebrons pathetic effort at times?

GloucesterChief
04-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Just one of the reasons he will remain in the 2nd tier with Bird and Magic when discussing the GOAT. Also 1 if the many reasons why he isnt a likable figure.

Larry was apparently the GOAT when it came to trash talking though.

KC_Connection
04-21-2018, 10:22 AM
I assume they’ll still win but if they do lose I think it’s safe to say it has way more to do with his awful teammates than the guy posting ridiculously high efficiency triple doubles every game (who has led every other team this decade he’s played on to the NBA Finals). He’s not the problem here.

04-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Wut? The site is based in New York. What does the Midwest have to do with Lebrons pathetic effort at times?

Sorry. Still triggered by the Chiefsplanet Peters discussions

Sassy Squatch
04-21-2018, 10:31 AM
I assume they’ll still win but if they do lose I think it’s safe to say it has way more to do with his awful teammates than the guy posting ridiculously high efficiency triple doubles every game (who has led every other team this decade he’s played on to the NBA Finals). He’s not the problem here.
Who brought those teammates in? Tristan Thompson may be on the worst contact in NBA history, and LeBron James was a big part of why that happened.

staylor26
04-21-2018, 10:36 AM
Oladipo sure does have a great team around him.

I get saying Lebron neeeds more help to beat GS, but the Pacers? What a ****ing joke.

O.city
04-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Cavs cratered with all the Kyrie drama.

Lebron playing at an elite level and they still struggle to win. Supporting cast is a joke

KC_Connection
04-21-2018, 01:21 PM
Oladipo sure does have a great team around him.

The fact that the Pacers actually do have a better supporting cast around Oladipo than LeBron does on the Cavs really says it all.

KC_Connection
04-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Cavs cratered with all the Kyrie drama.

Lebron playing at an elite level and they still struggle to win. Supporting cast is a joke
But they told me Rodney Hood and Jordan Clarkson were difference makers.

Miles
04-21-2018, 01:28 PM

How did they get that way?

Miles
04-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Lebron needs more help. The last time he left a supeteam it was meant to fair bettter than only joining two alll nba players.

lcarus
04-21-2018, 01:40 PM
Never understood why Orlando traded Oladipo for frickin Serge Ibaka. Only to get rid of Ibaka that same season. Talk about a franchise in the gutter.

KC_Connection
04-21-2018, 01:51 PM
How did they get that way?
How did who get what way? Hood and Clarkson are bad because they're bad and have always been bad.

KC_Connection
04-21-2018, 01:53 PM
Never understood why Orlando traded Oladipo for frickin Serge Ibaka. Only to get rid of Ibaka that same season. Talk about a franchise in the gutter.
Worst run organization in the NBA. Doesn't say much for Toronto, though, that they also traded for Serge Ibaka (who is terrible) and then re-signed him.

New World Order
04-21-2018, 02:41 PM
Clarkson has played worse in cle despite his FG% being up.

Lebron, what are you doing to your teammates? Jordan made his better, not worse.

dirk digler
04-21-2018, 03:16 PM
Great job Philly now up 3-1

Trent Green GOAT
04-21-2018, 03:21 PM
If not for a bad 2nd quarter in game 2, Philly would have the sweep.

dirk digler
04-21-2018, 03:24 PM
If not for a bad 2nd quarter in game 2, Philly would have the sweep.

Yup. That was one of the worst quarters I have ever seen in an NBA game

-King-
04-21-2018, 04:00 PM

Funny how nobody thought they were bad players until they started playing in Cleveland. They were both good offensive players that can create for themselves. But they're forced to play LeBron ball and just wait for a kickout like every other LeBron teammate.

Thats not even mentioning the fact that lebrons handpicked coach can't coach to save his life.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
04-21-2018, 04:01 PM
So Paul George isn't going to LA with his OKC contract. So that means Lebron ain't going there.

If he's not going there, does he just stay in Cleveland? How the hell do they give him help? They would have to do some serious money-shifting in order to afford a decent free agent for Lebron to play with. I guess they do still have the Nets' 1st rounder, which may help, even if they just use it to clear cash from Tristan Thompson's deal.

KC_Connection
04-21-2018, 04:59 PM
Funny how nobody thought they were bad players until they started playing in Cleveland. They were both good offensive players that can create for themselves. But they're forced to play LeBron ball and just wait for a kickout like every other LeBron teammate.

Thats not even mentioning the fact that lebrons handpicked coach can't coach to save his life.
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, I was in here referring to them as scrubs from day 1 of the trade. All they did was transfer out their older injured scrubs in the deal for younger scrubs.

KC_Connection
04-21-2018, 05:00 PM
So Paul George isn't going to LA with his OKC contract. So that means Lebron ain't going there.

If he's not going there, does he just stay in Cleveland? How the hell do they give him help? They would have to do some serious money-shifting in order to afford a decent free agent for Lebron to play with. I guess they do still have the Nets' 1st rounder, which may help, even if they just use it to clear cash from Tristan Thompson's deal.
Houston or Philly seems more likely at this point.

dirk digler
04-21-2018, 05:46 PM
AD is just awesome. Congrats Pelicans for sweeping Portland but probably will get swept by GS

dirk digler
04-21-2018, 05:52 PM

Did I miss PG signing with OKC?

RealSNR
04-21-2018, 06:00 PM
Did I miss PG signing with OKC?

Woah, I think I just made that up. I could have sworn I heard he re-signed with OKC, but I guess I'm wrong.

KC_Connection
04-21-2018, 08:04 PM
Houston getting blown out by this TWolves team is soft. I might have to revise my pick to Warriors in 5 again.

thegame214
04-21-2018, 08:23 PM
AD is just awesome. Congrats Pelicans for sweeping Portland but probably will get swept by GS

Swept? Have you seen them play?! They've beaten GS at GS

thegame214
04-21-2018, 08:24 PM
Houston getting blown out by this TWolves team is soft. I might have to revise my pick to Warriors in 5 again.

Pelicans are beating GS. And I'll gladly put money on it

New World Order
04-21-2018, 08:41 PM

You should probably revise most of them.

Your picks have been dreadful (as usual).

dirk digler
04-21-2018, 08:48 PM
Swept? Have you seen them play?! They've beaten GS at GS

They got blown out both games when Steph played and beat them when he didn’t at the end of the regular season. Guess who is coming back.

RealSNR
04-21-2018, 08:51 PM

I don't like Golden State, but come the fuck on, dude.

Also, god damn. A Wolves playoff win. Was starting to feel like the Royals/Chiefs there for me pre-2014

KC_Connection
04-21-2018, 09:27 PM
Stop. LMAO

KC_Connection
04-21-2018, 09:28 PM
You should probably revise most of them.

Your picks have been dreadful (as usual).
Picked Warriors in 5 last year to win the title. That's all that matters in the end.

KC_Connection
04-22-2018, 08:31 PM
Well that was quick, back to cheering for LeBron again and it feels right.

The Raptors (and especially that joke DeRozan) are what we thought they were. They'll probably still get by the Wizards in 7 but it hardly matters.

dirk digler
04-22-2018, 09:06 PM
The Pacers had this game won but couldn't pull it off. This series is probably over now.

KC_Connection
04-22-2018, 09:12 PM
The Pacers had this game won but couldn't pull it off. This series is probably over now.
Every one of LeBron's teammates was awful except Korver (although that isn't so unusual these days). It was an opportunity they wasted.

KC_Connection
04-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Lance is nuts. LMAO

RealSNR
04-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Jeff Green is about to shit this game away for Lebron. Wow.

EDIT: Nevermind. I thought they were going to get him for that push at the end

BigCatDaddy
04-22-2018, 09:18 PM
Every one of LeBron's teammates was awful except Korver (although that isn't so unusual these days). It was an opportunity they wasted.

Love sucked. Outside of him the rest of the supporting cast damn near shot 50% from the field.

-King-
04-22-2018, 09:22 PM
Pacers had like 10 straight possessions where they didn't move the ball at all just had shitty isos. That's what lost them the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection
04-22-2018, 09:24 PM
Love sucked. Outside of him the rest of the team damn near shot 50% from the field.
Non-LeBron Cav players shot 23/56 (and Kevin Love, the 2nd best player on the team by far, was 2 for 10). That likely isn't going to happen again in game 5.

They probably missed their shot.

BigCatDaddy
04-22-2018, 09:26 PM
They really need to start reseeding the entire playoffs as 1 asap. New playoff matchups and the actual best 2 teams at the end would make them so much better.

BigCatDaddy
04-22-2018, 09:27 PM
Non-LeBron Cav players shot 23/56 (and Kevin Love, the 2nd best player on the team by far, was 2 for 10). That likely isn't going to happen again in game 5.

I said outside Love which put them 21-46 including 4-10 from 3 from Smith thrown in.

lcarus
04-22-2018, 09:27 PM
Wow the Pacers really threw that game away late. Then the Cavs nearly did.

CaliforniaChief
04-22-2018, 09:30 PM
Kyle Korver! Pella, Iowa proud. Great guy, great game.

New World Order
04-22-2018, 09:30 PM
Where does Lebron go in the final minutes?

tk13
04-22-2018, 09:48 PM
They really need to start reseeding the entire playoffs as 1 asap. New playoff matchups and the actual best 2 teams at the end would make them so much better.

If they did that they would have to go to a truly balanced schedule. It's not that easy. Otherwise you could have Eastern conference teams with better records than Western teams who just got beat up in a stronger conference, or vice versa.

BigCatDaddy
04-22-2018, 10:26 PM
If they did that they would have to go to a truly balanced schedule. It's not that easy. Otherwise you could have Eastern conference teams with better records than Western teams who just got beat up in a stronger conference, or vice versa.

It would still be better the current set.up.

bricks
04-22-2018, 10:29 PM
Kyle Korver! Pella, Iowa proud. Great guy, great game.

Kyle Korver = clutch

-King-
04-22-2018, 10:31 PM

They shot 46% last game too.
Posted via Mobile Device

bricks
04-22-2018, 10:36 PM
Well that was quick, back to cheering for LeBron again and it feels right.

The Raptors (and especially that joke DeRozan) are what we thought they were. They'll probably still get by the Wizards in 7 but it hardly matters.

Way too many turnovers cost them this game. Worst way to lose a game is when a team beats themselves and thats what happen to the Raptors here imo. They allowed Washington to hang around and didn’t bury them when they opportunities were there. There seems to be a common denominator with this team throughout the years in that they play very frenetic down the stretch. Its like they can’t settle down and relax and play with that sense of poise and patience. It affects their concentration and ability to make good plays or to even hit clutch shots. That is a big obstacle for them and it contributes to a lack of killer instinct.

mcaj22
04-23-2018, 05:55 AM

so that way would be

1. Rockets
2. Raptors
3. Warriors
4. Celtics
5. 76ers.
6. Cavs
7. Blazers
8. Pacers
9. Thunder
10. Jazz
11. Pelicans
12. Spurs
13. Twolves
14. Nuggets
15. Heat
16. Bucks

-Not sure the tiebreaker between the teams with 48 wins so I just slotted them. But this would be something close.

Then you have

Rockets
Bucks

Raptors
Heat

Warriors
Nuggets

Celtics
Twolves

76ers
Spurs

Cavs
Pelicans

Blazers
Jazz

Pacers
Thunder

Wizards don't make it at all, and they were injured all year, they already took 2 games off the 1 seed in the East so at the very least they belong or the Raptors are just that trash and overrated (combo of both). Wizards are not a true 8 seed when healthy though.

Warriors v Nuggets is an extremely good first round matchup. Same with Spurs vs 76ers. A veteran experienced team like the Spurs could probably beat the 76ers inexperience. Instead the Spurs get the Warriors in the current format. Pelicans smashed the Blazers who are terrible and have no business advancing. Pelicans probably don't beat the Cavs in round 1. And the Blazers might actually beat the Jazz here. Jazz are not athletic and long in the frontcourt like the Pelicans are. Lebron would just run over Rondo and Jrue. Dame would absolutely own slow Ingles and Conquistador John Paxson.

So assuming you reseed the 2nd round and you predict this:

Rockets over Bucks
Raptors over Heat
Warriors over Nuggets
Twolves over Celtics (Jimmy Butler is not losing to a Kyrie less trash Celtics crap squad)
76ers over Spurs (? this could go either way)
Cavs over Pelicans (Lebron haters would probably disagree)
Jazz over Blazers (I think the Blazers win, but I believe majority here would pick Jazz cause of recency bias of what just happened in real time)
Thunder over Pacers (Could also go either way)

Round 2 would be

Rockets vs Twolves
Raptors vs Jazz
Warriors vs Thunder
76ers vs Cavs

Raptors probably lose to the Jazz cause Raptors things. Rockets probably sweep the Twolves. Cavs probably demolish the 76ers. and Warriors probably sweep the Thunder.

So you'd still have Rockets, Warriors, Cavs as 3 of the final 4 teams regardless lol. That other team whether its the Raptors or Jazz or whoever literally does not matter
in any scenario.

BigCatDaddy
04-23-2018, 10:39 AM
so that way would be

1. Rockets
2. Raptors
3. Warriors
4. Celtics
5. 76ers.
6. Cavs
7. Blazers
8. Pacers
9. Thunder
10. Jazz
11. Pelicans
12. Spurs
13. Twolves
14. Nuggets
15. Heat
16. Bucks

-Not sure the tiebreaker between the teams with 48 wins so I just slotted them. But this would be something close.

Then you have

Rockets
Bucks

Raptors
Heat

Warriors
Nuggets

Celtics
Twolves

76ers
Spurs

Cavs
Pelicans

Blazers
Jazz

Pacers
Thunder

Wizards don't make it at all, and they were injured all year, they already took 2 games off the 1 seed in the East so at the very least they belong or the Raptors are just that trash and overrated (combo of both). Wizards are not a true 8 seed when healthy though.

Warriors v Nuggets is an extremely good first round matchup. Same with Spurs vs 76ers. A veteran experienced team like the Spurs could probably beat the 76ers inexperience. Instead the Spurs get the Warriors in the current format. Pelicans smashed the Blazers who are terrible and have no business advancing. Pelicans probably don't beat the Cavs in round 1. And the Blazers might actually beat the Jazz here. Jazz are not athletic and long in the frontcourt like the Pelicans are. Lebron would just run over Rondo and Jrue. Dame would absolutely own slow Ingles and Conquistador John Paxson.

So assuming you reseed the 2nd round and you predict this:

Rockets over Bucks
Raptors over Heat
Warriors over Nuggets
Twolves over Celtics (Jimmy Butler is not losing to a Kyrie less trash Celtics crap squad)
76ers over Spurs (? this could go either way)
Cavs over Pelicans (Lebron haters would probably disagree)
Jazz over Blazers (I think the Blazers win, but I believe majority here would pick Jazz cause of recency bias of what just happened in real time)
Thunder over Pacers (Could also go either way)

Round 2 would be

Rockets vs Twolves
Raptors vs Jazz
Warriors vs Thunder
76ers vs Cavs

Raptors probably lose to the Jazz cause Raptors things. Rockets probably sweep the Twolves. Cavs probably demolish the 76ers. and Warriors probably sweep the Thunder.

So you'd still have Rockets, Warriors, Cavs as 3 of the final 4 teams regardless lol. That other team whether its the Raptors or Jazz or whoever literally does not matter
in any scenario.

That is all just guessing for the most part. Rockets and Warriors likely being in the finals.as it should be. I still think it is refreshing to get away from the dame same old matchups year in and out though.

O.city
04-23-2018, 10:40 AM
That is all just guessing for the most part. Rockets and Warriors likely being in the finals.as it should be. I still think it is refreshing to get away from the dame same old matchups year in and out though.

I think that is probably the finals, but they're still likely to meet up in the WCF so whats the difference?

7 games vs 7 games.

BigCatDaddy
04-23-2018, 12:35 PM
I think that is probably the finals, but they're still likely to meet up in the WCF so whats the difference?

7 games vs 7 games.

Like the SB I just prefer the 2 best teams be the last 2 teams.

AssEaterChief
04-23-2018, 12:43 PM
Like the SB I just prefer the 2 best teams be the last 2 teams.

That's not always the case though....there are plenty of times the two best teams played in the same conference championship game

BigCatDaddy
04-23-2018, 12:45 PM
That's not always the case though....there are plenty of times the two best teams played in the same conference championship game

Just saying I prefer the best 2 teams play in a SB not a CC game.Not that it happens always.

BigCatDaddy
04-23-2018, 12:49 PM
The NBA doesnt really have the whole conference.pride issue MLB and the NFL have.

AssEaterChief
04-23-2018, 12:52 PM
The NBA doesnt really have the whole conference.pride issue MLB and the NFL have.

You're right, I never really thought about it that way.

Why do you think that is?

Money?

BigCatDaddy
04-23-2018, 01:11 PM
You're right, I never really thought about it that way.

Why do you think that is?

Money?

Probably just the history behind the conferences in each sport. AFC was the old AFL and the Am and Nat leagues never used to play except in the WS.

dirk digler
04-23-2018, 09:40 PM
This OKC-Jazz game is incredible and what makes the NBA playoffs so great. I fully expect an all out brawl before the game ends.

Pitt Gorilla
04-23-2018, 09:47 PM
This OKC-Jazz game is incredible and what makes the NBA playoffs so great. I fully expect an all out brawl before the game ends.

So much fun. Jo ingles, bruh.

dirk digler
04-23-2018, 09:54 PM
So much fun. Jo ingles, bruh.

Ingles is all up in PG’s grill. Honestly PG should have gotten a 2nd T. He is lucky he didn’t

Pitt Gorilla
04-23-2018, 10:07 PM
Dude...

dirk digler
04-23-2018, 10:26 PM
I don’t know why Donovan keeps playing Melo

KC_Connection
04-23-2018, 10:26 PM
Carmelo is just bad.

Pitt Gorilla
04-23-2018, 10:28 PM
Mitchell is brilliant.

PutQuinnIn
04-23-2018, 10:54 PM
playoff basketball baby!

dirk digler
04-23-2018, 10:55 PM
BRAWL

PutQuinnIn
04-23-2018, 10:57 PM
Melo looks broken down

dirk digler
04-23-2018, 11:00 PM
You could tell from the opening tip that this game was going to be a full on assault. Hopefully someone will break Russ’s face or knees

PutQuinnIn
04-23-2018, 11:10 PM
Russell continues to crap his pants in 4th quarters.

dirk digler
04-23-2018, 11:14 PM
Ingles and Mitchell with the dagger 3’s! What a game

PutQuinnIn
04-23-2018, 11:15 PM
Wow hard to believe this Mitchell kid is a rookie.

tk13
04-23-2018, 11:16 PM
Mitchell is legit.

Pitt Gorilla
04-23-2018, 11:18 PM
At some point, we should probably discuss Snyder's ability to make this team work. Amazing job by him and the front office.

PutQuinnIn
04-23-2018, 11:27 PM
At some point, we should probably discuss Snyder's ability to make this team work. Amazing job by him and the front office.

They are fun to watch on offense. Great swing passing team, finding open guys for 3s.

Pitt Gorilla
04-24-2018, 11:46 AM
Hey, look, Russ shut down Rubio (at least in terms of scoring). Of course, Utah had zero issue with that, as it left lanes open for passing to the post and Mitchell driving.

Nice job, OKC. Smart group you got there.

TEX
04-24-2018, 04:05 PM
Hey, look, Russ shut down Rubio (at least in terms of scoring). Of course, Utah had zero issue with that, as it left lanes open for passing to the post and Mitchell driving.

Nice job, OKC. Smart group you got there.

Exactly. Which is, IMO, why it was a joke to award that guy the MVP last season, "historic" or not. If you're a stat whore like Westbrook, being historic isnt all that special. Especially if you make nobody around you better, not even yourself. Dumb player on a dumb team.

BigCatDaddy
04-24-2018, 04:10 PM
Exactly. Which is why it was a joke to award that guy the MVP last season, "historic" or not. If you're a stat whore like Westbrook, being historic isnt all that special. Especially if you make nobody around you better, not even yourself. Dumb player on a dumb team.

Sounds like few guys in today's game. Ball controlling stat stat whores.

BWillie
04-24-2018, 05:24 PM

ahhahahhhahahhahhhhhhahhahahahhahahahahhafhahahehhahhgghahghaghaghahghahamwuywwhwhhahhahahahah

breath.

ahhahahahhahhahahahhhahbhbhrhhehbwahahahahahahahlololroflroflroflllolollolololololol

breath.

lmfao rofl rofl rofl

BWillie
04-24-2018, 05:25 PM
Carmelo is just bad.

One dimensional basketball player.

On deck: Andrew Wiggins

I found it odd that OKC was one of the highest ISO teams last year, soooo then they go out and get ISO players such as George, and even more so Melo. Now they are by far and away the most ISO team in the NBA. That isn't how you play basketball. Hero ball doesn't work, it only worked in Jordan's era because people were too dumb to realize it was in ineffective strategy. Space the court, get shooters. Focus on lots of high quality 3's and high quality 2s. Assists make that happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyEAeeZLu2E

-King-
04-24-2018, 05:59 PM
Cause he's a pussy that's scared to stand up to his players.
Posted via Mobile Device

Miles
04-24-2018, 06:05 PM
The OKC depth is pretty brutal and not much for options instead of playing Melo. Guess maybe starting Grant and bring Melo off the bench is about it.

banecat
04-24-2018, 06:13 PM
Cause he's a pussy that's scared to stand up to his players.
Posted via Mobile Device

He should go back to college

banecat
04-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Do the Pelicans have any chance against the Warriors?

dj56dt58
04-25-2018, 01:53 PM

No..even without Steph though he should be back

mcaj22
04-25-2018, 05:09 PM

with Cousins maybe win 1-2 games

without Cousins clean sweep, win 1 game at beast.

04-25-2018, 05:13 PM
Cousins is a career loser

mcaj22
04-25-2018, 05:56 PM
you can say that about literally half of the NBA.

James Harden, also a career loser.

BWillie
04-25-2018, 07:11 PM
with Cousins maybe win 1-2 games

without Cousins clean sweep, win 1 game at beast.

Pels are better without Cousins. They've shown it.

04-25-2018, 07:43 PM
you can say that about literally half of the NBA.

James Harden, also a career loser.

Career playoff loser, sure, but at least his teams win due to his efficiency. All Cousins teams do is lose and lose.

04-25-2018, 07:44 PM
LeGOAT. It's not close.

Sassy Squatch
04-25-2018, 07:44 PM
LMAO Awesome.

-King-
04-25-2018, 07:45 PM
God damn that was nasty.
Posted via Mobile Device

Miles
Quite the final sequence from Lebron.

tk13
That was some all world stuff by LeBron in the last 10 seconds. Both ends of the floor.

Pitt Gorilla
04-25-2018, 07:46 PM
Career playoff loser, sure, but at least his teams win due to his efficiency. All Cousins do is lose and lose.
How about Barkley? Malone?

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2018, 07:46 PM
That will shut the LeBron haters up for a little bit.

04-25-2018, 07:51 PM
How about Barkley? Malone?

Career winners like Harden. Made teams infinitely better, despite being playoff losers. Harden could make the playoffs being surrounded by Omer Asik and Chandler Parsons, while Cousins led the Kings to perennial 30-win seasons.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-25-2018, 07:54 PM
LeStud

dirk digler
04-25-2018, 07:55 PM
That was some all world stuff by LeBron in the last 10 seconds. Both ends of the floor.

Yep. He should be the MVP this year

BigCatDaddy
04-25-2018, 07:55 PM
Hey Lebron stepped up! What do you know. He needed to since going out in round 1 to the Pacers would be.humilating as fuck.

04-25-2018, 07:56 PM
Hey Lebron stepped up! What do you know.

:facepalm:

staylor26
04-25-2018, 07:56 PM
LeGOAT. It's not close.

:rolleyes:

Great shot though :clap:

New World Order
04-25-2018, 07:57 PM
Lebron finally has a marquee offensive playoff moment.

Props.

mcaj22
Career playoff loser, sure, but at least his teams win due to his efficiency. All Cousins teams do is lose and lose.

a career loser and a playoff loser is basically the same thing. Its like people that think the Chiefs are winners like the Patriots despite the fact the Chiefs cant make it past teams like the Titans. Same thing with Harden. 30 wins or a second round exit still leads you to the same place in the NBA. Some all star and all nba awards, record makes no difference. Never actually has a realistic chance.

:rolleyes:

Great shot though :clap:

Ok, maybe it's close, but by now we should all agree that LeBron > Kobe isn't close.

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2018, 07:58 PM
Ok, maybe it's close, but by now we should all agree that LeBron > Kobe isn't close.

It's never been close. Hell Kobe is barely a top 5 Laker.

Sassy Squatch
04-25-2018, 07:59 PM
Lebron finally has a marquee offensive playoff moment.

Props.
That should be an all time iconic sequence down the road. Completely took over the end of that game and won it.

staylor26
04-25-2018, 07:59 PM

I didn’t need to see that to know it

Lebron is the 2nd best player ever IMO

New World Order
04-25-2018, 08:00 PM
That should be an all time iconic sequence down the road. Completely took over the end of that game and won it.

It's rare for Lebron.

The norm for Playoff Jordan

BigCatDaddy
04-25-2018, 08:02 PM
I didn’t need to see that to know it

Lebron is the 2nd best player ever IMO

The longevity is what helps him compared to guys like Magic and Larry..He also dominates the ball like no other so racks up a lot stats.

I want to like the guy but he just cant help being a douche bag. Given how.he was treated at such a young age I guess it was inevitable.

dirk digler
04-25-2018, 08:03 PM
Utah is on fire from 3. Ingles has hit 3-4 just in the 1st. They keep hitting those shots then it will be season over for OKC

New World Order
04-25-2018, 08:03 PM
Lebron is definitely in Larry Legend's class

No doubt about that

It's hard to put someone in the top 5 though when they haven't dominated their era

04-25-2018, 08:05 PM
It's rare for Lebron.

The norm for Playoff Jordan

Posts like these that made me really enjoy the Spurs season.

New World Order
04-25-2018, 08:06 PM
Posts like these that made me really enjoy the Spurs season.

Me too.

Pops is a liberal prick