PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KC Star-What a leaner Chris Jones means for the Chiefs

RunKC
04-19-2018, 09:42 AM
As he rolled through footage of the Chiefs’ 2017 season, coach Andy Reid formulated a comprehensive evaluation of his defense. Among other things, the process preserved defensive coordinator Bob Sutton’s job, and weeks later, Reid pointed toward a late-season adjustment Sutton had made with one specific player.

Chris Jones.

With a struggling pass rush, Sutton switched Jones from the inside of the defensive line to the end, and Jones responded with three sacks in his final four games.

“He made a big-time adjustment down the stretch where he moved Chris outside and started moving people around to get the rush rolling there a little bit better,” Reid said. “I thought that was strategically from him a bold move and a good move, and Chris answered the bell on it in our pass rush.”

Rest of the story is here:

http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article209119319.html?__twitter_impression=true

Simply Red
04-19-2018, 09:46 AM
ok

King_Chief_Fan
04-19-2018, 09:46 AM
how many years and how many games did it take for Sutton to make strategic, bold and good moves? Still not a Sutton fan. We shall see what this year brings as it may be his biggest challenge despite Andy saying D is ready.

Pitt Gorilla
04-19-2018, 09:49 AM
Sutton compiling his evaluation tape to make strategic decisions.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEdv0aZNRcyhPtUXK/giphy.gif

wazu
04-19-2018, 09:53 AM
I, for one, am really thankful that “Bold Bob” was able to figure out a way for our defense to play so well down the stretch.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-19-2018, 09:53 AM

That guy posts here

Dayze
04-19-2018, 09:56 AM
That guy posts here

it would be hilarious if that guy was Dane.

Marcellus
04-19-2018, 10:10 AM
it would be hilarious if that guy was Dane.

My $ is on Milkman. :D

Dayze
04-19-2018, 10:12 AM
i'm envisioning some of things Dane says coming out of that guys face.
It makes me smile.

Rausch
04-19-2018, 10:14 AM
I, for one, am really thankful that “Bold Bob” was able to figure out a way for our defense to play so well down the stretch.

I'm still curious what "the switch" was.

We went from punking the best teams in the league to losing to the worst teams in the league very quick. After Pitt exposed our passing game it just all fell apart.

Then we were on fire again after our first win.

Baby Lee
04-19-2018, 10:39 AM
i'm envisioning some of things Dane says coming out of that guys face.
It makes me smile.

Dan'e temper and flair for scatological insults [as well as his location and namedropping habits] has led me to picture his as Ari. Or more accurately, a generic surfer dude type with the personality of Ari.

https://media.giphy.com/media/G81AuyWhiCSEE/giphy.gif

Simply Red
04-19-2018, 10:43 AM
we don't all watch your shows Baby Lee - so who is Ari?

loochy
04-19-2018, 10:44 AM

Yeah, what's an Ari?
Posted via Mobile Device

Baby Lee
04-19-2018, 10:46 AM

Yeah, what's an Ari?
Posted via Mobile Device

I included a gif. . . . 10 years of Entourage on HBO and 15 years of gifs on CP and no one recognizes Ari Gold?

https://media.giphy.com/media/bYuaVpfEoKRbO/giphy.gif

Seriousl, though. This last gif has to have been posted here on CP 10s of 1,000s of times, and you never wondered what it was about?

Dayze
04-19-2018, 10:52 AM
Yeah, what's an Ari?
Posted via Mobile Device

I believe an Ari is an old wooden war ship.

Simply Red
04-19-2018, 10:54 AM
I included a gif. . . . 10 years of Entourage on HBO and 15 years of gifs on CP and no one recognizes Ari Gold?

Seriousl, though. This last gif has to have been posted here on CP 10s of 1,000s of times, and you never wondered what it was about?

oh. no.

I do remember Entourage. I was watching other series at that time and never binged it - will try to soon.

Rausch
04-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Jones is a fucking savage.

He's exactly what you want on the field and exactly the personality you want in the community.

He's a fucking gem.

Rausch
04-19-2018, 10:58 AM
Dan'e temper and flair for scatological insults [as well as his location and namedropping habits] has led me to picture his as Ari. Or more accurately, a generic surfer dude type with the personality of Ari.

https://media.giphy.com/media/G81AuyWhiCSEE/giphy.gif

The irony is that's literally me and a 10 year old computer I can't afford to smash...

saphojunkie
04-19-2018, 11:05 AM
oh. no.

I do remember Entourage. I was watching other series at that time and never binged it - will try to soon.

Not necessary. The second they have Ari not take over the studio because he is loyal to his client as an agent... they jumped the shark, screwing it in midair while doing a nude triple axle.

For reference, Jeff Robinov was an agent who took over Warner Bros., just like Ari was supposed to. He didn't remain loyal to his clients and stay an agent.

He gave them multiple picture deals.

Those clients included the Wachowski brothers (later renamed the Wachowskis) and Zack Snyder, who made huge movies for WB even when their last one didn't make money.

Robinov was removed a few years ago after a battle for the office of the president ended in a three-way tie.

Halfcan
04-19-2018, 11:05 AM
“All of a sudden you (had) Chris and you had (Justin Houston) coming off the edge, and they were rolling,” Reid said. “It was fun to watch.”

Did I miss this? When was it fun to watch? Was that the Playoff game? I just don't remember Houston being dominate in the pass rush last year at all.

If we hold teams to 16.3 this year- we will win every game.

saphojunkie
04-19-2018, 11:12 AM
“All of a sudden you (had) Chris and you had (Justin Houston) coming off the edge, and they were rolling,” Reid said. “It was fun to watch.”

Did I miss this? When was it fun to watch? Was that the Playoff game? I just don't remember Houston being dominate in the pass rush last year at all.

If we hold teams to 16.3 this year- we will win every game.

Yeah, I seem to remember Houston doing really well at the start of the year, and when Ford went out it was much harder.

Even if Ford doesn't have that great 2nd move, his speed rush is enough that teams have to account for it. He gets upfield quickly, and if the QB doesn't step up in the pocket, then he is flushed right into Houston.

My bigger hope with Jones moving outside is that it keeps him a little fresher without having to eat up double teams all day inside.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-19-2018, 11:17 AM
Not necessary. The second they have Ari not take over the studio because he is loyal to his client as an agent... they jumped the shark, screwing it in midair while doing a nude triple axle.

For reference, Jeff Robinov was an agent who took over Warner Bros., just like Ari was supposed to. He didn't remain loyal to his clients and stay an agent.

He gave them multiple picture deals.

Those clients included the Wachowski brothers (later renamed the Wachowskis) and Zack Snyder, who made huge movies for WB even when their last one didn't make money.

Robinov was removed a few years ago after a battle for the office of the president ended in a three-way tie.

That show was pure fucking dog shit after the first couple seasons. Pure dogshit.

Baby Lee
04-19-2018, 11:21 AM

That show was pure fucking dog shit after the first couple seasons. Pure dogshit.

Meh, it was conspicuous consumption, hot chicks and Ari's outbursts. It was the Hot Pocket of pay cable, consumable and occasionally tasty but not nourishing.

OK for 1/2 hour a few weeks a year.

KCrockaholic
04-19-2018, 11:21 AM
One thing I think we learned this past season about Houston is that he can't do it all by himself. He needs that pressure from the opposite side to help keep the QB from be able to escape backside. Guys like Zombo are worthless on this team. I can't stand it. Bennie Logan provided zero pressure all season. Chris Jones played ok, but not quite the jump I wanted. K-Pass just looks raw out there, and frankly I think he's a little too big to be outside, I'd prefer him down on the DL in a 2-4.

Rausch
04-19-2018, 11:22 AM
Guys like Zombo are worthless on this team. I can't stand it.

His lack of worth is insufferable.

He provides NOTHING...

saphojunkie
04-19-2018, 11:38 AM
His lack of worth is insufferable.

He provides NOTHING...

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/sCH_EzPDjlj4PuTdx2vn4iZEArQ=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9989333/fb_mariota.0.gif

#neverforget

saphojunkie
Also of note - Peters running away from the ball carrier.

Fuck off.

Pitt Gorilla
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/sCH_EzPDjlj4PuTdx2vn4iZEArQ=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9989333/fb_mariota.0.gif

#neverforgetI'd prefer to never see that again. Good Lord.

Toad
04-19-2018, 11:41 AM
I recall very late in the season in a few games where Jones lined up on Houston's side and JH stunted around Jones to the inside. I can't remember what team, but the guard in one game shit his pants when JH came flying around the stunt.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-19-2018, 11:44 AM

#neverforget

LOL at no tackling Peters trying to outrun him to the goal line. Glad he's gone!

loochy
04-19-2018, 11:51 AM

I've seen the GIF. I had no idea what the guy's name is. I don't have HBO, I've never had HBO, and I probably never will. I barely watch TV as it is.

But hey, how about that skinny Chris Jones playing outside?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoover
04-19-2018, 11:52 AM

#neverforget
Fu@king Zombo pancaked by the QB

loochy
04-19-2018, 11:53 AM
Also of note - Peters running away from the ball carrier.

Fuck off.

Dee Ford says hello.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1394155918552083886.gif
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
04-19-2018, 11:56 AM
Back to Jones there isn't anything about him I don't love.

Keep him at DE and let him rape faces...

Halfcan
04-19-2018, 12:04 PM

Exactly- then misses the tackle as Pussy Peters runs away to avoid contact.

Peters was such a negative in the running game - just like Zombie is on every play.

Rausch
04-19-2018, 12:11 PM
Exactly- then misses the tackle as Pussy Peters runs away to avoid contact.

Peters was such a negative in the running game - just like Zombie is on every play.

You know where Zombo needs to get?...

Halfcan
04-19-2018, 12:37 PM
You know where Zombo needs to get?...

Yes, he needs to get CUT from this team.

Free shot at the QB- Nothing. Gets driven back 5 yards.

Too slow to contain the edge, misses the tackle- Huge gain.

This is all in one play- add in the rest of his year and that is a lot of suckage for one player.

Shaid
04-19-2018, 12:52 PM
Back to Jones there isn't anything about him I don't love.

Keep him at DE and let him rape faces...

I think they need to resign him to a long term deal now. He's got massive potential and you give him free reign to go get sacks and he won't disappoint. He'll be very expensive in a couple years.

Beef Supreme
04-19-2018, 02:25 PM
Thought he was the God of War.

KranzDictum
04-19-2018, 02:30 PM
I would love to see Jones lose a bunch of weight and move outside to DE. He doesn't have the speed or quickness to be a speed rusher and losing weight will make him easier to push out of the play.

ping2000
04-19-2018, 02:33 PM
Fuck Sutton.

Beef Supreme
04-19-2018, 02:44 PM
What a leaner Chris Jones means for the Chiefs?

More BBQ for Andy.

ExtremeChief
04-19-2018, 03:22 PM

Watch #24 as well. What a shitshow.

Kiimo
04-19-2018, 04:31 PM
That show was pure ****ing dog shit after the first couple seasons. Pure dogshit.

Thank your lucky stars you didn't have to work on the movie like I did.

Easy 6
04-19-2018, 05:50 PM
I think they need to resign him to a long term deal now. He's got massive potential and you give him free reign to go get sacks and he won't disappoint. He'll be very expensive in a couple years.

I cant argue against that one bit, get ahead of the game with this guy and lock him down now... not only has he already shown enough to warrant it, but he is now stepping up even more by showing up early, svelte, and ready to roll

I would love to see Jones lose a bunch of weight and move outside to DE. He doesn't have the speed or quickness to be a speed rusher and losing weight will make him easier to push out of the play.

I would love to see your mom lose a bunch of weight and move outside, but the old bitch just keeps laying around on the couch in her robe demanding more burgers and ice cream

Baby Lee
04-19-2018, 06:13 PM
I would love to see your mom lose a bunch of weight and move outside, but the old bitch just keeps laying around on the couch in her robe demanding more burgers and ice cream

Your fault. You fed her to start with.

Easy 6
04-19-2018, 06:17 PM
Your fault. You fed her to start with.

You're doing it wrong...

srvy
04-19-2018, 10:43 PM
I like Chris Jones fine but he is young and immature. I saw the guy to many times last year quit on plays because double teams. Not to mention stop mid rush on plays and complain to the ref about holding. Some of that could have been atmosphere in locker room front office delt with a lot of that.

Strongside
04-20-2018, 08:10 AM

I know this gif is funny, but it genuinely tugs at my heart strings. This guy reminds me a ton of my grandpa, who passed away recently due to ALS. He was a huge Chiefs fan. I was fortunate enough to take him to his first game back in '04 when we beat Manning and the Colts, and he stood the entire game taking pictures like this. Some of my favorite memories as a Chiefs fan.

Baby Lee
04-20-2018, 08:12 AM
I know this gif is funny, but it genuinely tugs at my heart strings. This guy reminds me a ton of my grandpa, who passed away recently due to ALS. He was a huge Chiefs fan. I was fortunate enough to take him to his first game back in '04 when we beat Manning and the Colts, and he stood the entire game taking pictures like this. Some of my favorite memories as a Chiefs fan.

Two vital questions

1. Muttonchops?
2. Dickie's Bibs?

srvy
04-20-2018, 08:33 AM
Two vital questions

1. Muttonchops?
2. Dickie's Bibs?

3. So what?

Baby Lee
04-20-2018, 08:39 AM
3. So what?

You appear to have misread me.

srvy
04-20-2018, 08:55 AM

I remember that hat and I didnt like it then. I am thinking circa 89 or 90.

I have no problem at all with Gramps looks like a good ol Grandpa but that girl whose head pops up with the stupid bandanna tied with a square knot over her forehead :rolleyes:

Strongside
04-20-2018, 10:51 AM
Two vital questions

1. Muttonchops?
2. Dickie's Bibs?

1. He was a greaser in the 50's, never cut off his sideburns
2. Key Bibs.

https://i.imgur.com/07FA3Hr.png

Baby Lee
04-20-2018, 10:53 AM
2. Key Bibs.

:thumb: - little pink houses, for you and me

srvy
04-20-2018, 11:11 AM
2. Key Bibs.

Looks like an alright dude. He choose the right work wear Key of Ft Scott Ks. I was never a bib OA guy couldnt pull it off. But Key carpenter jeans has long been in my work wear. It was rugged stuff and heavier denim than Carhart or Roebucks. They handle barbwire well as far as puncture instead of rip when caught up climbing. They are not made in USA anymore Bangladesh I believe and quality has suffered a bit.

Strongside
04-20-2018, 11:13 AM
Looks like an alright dude. He choose the right work wear Key of Ft Scott Ks. I was never a bib OA guy couldnt pull it off. But Key carpenter jeans has long been in my work wear. It was rugged stuff and heavier denim than Carhart or Roebucks. They handle barbwire well as far as puncture instead of rip when caught up climbing. They are not made in USA anymore Bangladesh I believe and quality has suffered a bit.

Damn right. I grew up in Fort Scott, as did he. My mom worked there as a seamstress during my childhood before she went back to school.

rtmike
04-20-2018, 11:30 AM
What’s with that dudes shirt behind Gramps? Lol

Strongside
04-20-2018, 11:40 AM
What’s with that dudes shirt behind Gramps? Lol

This is obviously the upper rows of the stadium. You can see all types of shit up there. It's like riding the NYC subway. You might get killed, it smells like piss and alcohol, and it's pretty much its own sub-culture.